Author Topic: Soccer Manager League 3 - The Formations Experiment  (Read 5047 times)

Offline The G in Gerrard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Soccer Manager League 3 - The Formations Experiment
« Reply #40 on: November 15, 2016, 07:04:56 pm »
Extra Ligue Shield final tonight between two clubs I absolutely despise and I'm managing one of them  ;D  :boxhead

3-3-4 VS 3-4-2-1

Who will win out....
A game where you'd want both clubs to lose ;)

Offline Lawnmowerman

• Got married to Pique in April. Shakira isn't happy.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #41 on: November 17, 2016, 08:43:39 pm »
Long ball long ball, whatcha gone do, whatcha gone do when it comes for you

Offline Midget

• R Kelly's love rival
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #42 on: November 17, 2016, 08:58:05 pm »
Does anyone else get injuries and sending offs all the time compared to the other leagues in this one? Not even using hard tackling or anything.

Offline Betty Blue

• 37.2 deg @ 2am. Big Fat Scaredy Cat. "Tonight Matthew, I will be Lancelot Du Lac!"
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #43 on: November 17, 2016, 09:02:23 pm »
Does anyone else get injuries and sending offs all the time compared to the other leagues in this one? Not even using hard tackling or anything.

Interesting. In my last 3 matches my opponent has had a man sent off.
"Don’t let your heads drop. We’re Liverpool. You’re playing for Liverpool. Don’t forget that. You have to hold your heads high for the supporters. You have to do it for them." - Rafa Benitez, halftime, Istanbul, 2005.

Offline The G in Gerrard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #44 on: November 17, 2016, 09:06:23 pm »
Two nil up and team throws it away :butt

Offline Zend...en the clowns

• Legacy Fan
  • Likes BBQ sauce a bit too much..
« Reply #45 on: November 17, 2016, 09:26:41 pm »
Two nil down after 30 minutes and a superb comeback from barca in el clasico!

He posts in the day, he posts in the niiiiiiggghht,
That Zend...en the clowns, his timings just right.

Offline LiamG

• He's loving angels instead. Cos through it all they offer him protection.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Y.N.W.A
« Reply #46 on: November 18, 2016, 07:46:39 am »
Interesting. In my last 3 matches my opponent has had a man sent off.

Yep. had 3 sending offs so far

Offline Betty Blue

• 37.2 deg @ 2am. Big Fat Scaredy Cat. "Tonight Matthew, I will be Lancelot Du Lac!"
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #47 on: November 20, 2016, 09:37:34 pm »
Well that was unexpected  :D  The least Chelsea like display of all time.

"Don’t let your heads drop. We’re Liverpool. You’re playing for Liverpool. Don’t forget that. You have to hold your heads high for the supporters. You have to do it for them." - Rafa Benitez, halftime, Istanbul, 2005.

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #48 on: November 20, 2016, 10:05:44 pm »
Well that was unexpected  :D  The least Chelsea like display of all time.

Haha absolute madness that game. Some bizarre goals scored.

Offline Betty Blue

• Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #49 on: November 20, 2016, 10:17:05 pm »
Haha absolute madness that game. Some bizarre goals scored.

It's just the engine's way of getting you back for not accepting those deals involving Courtois  ;)

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #50 on: November 20, 2016, 10:53:40 pm »
It's just the engine's way of getting you back for not accepting those deals involving Courtois  ;)

Haha karma is a bitch

Offline The G in Gerrard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #51 on: November 21, 2016, 10:53:14 am »
Been interesting trying this new formation.

Offline Betty Blue

• Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #52 on: November 21, 2016, 02:01:57 pm »
Been interesting trying this new formation.

Yeah, I'm growing to quite like my rather mental 3421. Looking forward to switch to a new one soon though.

Offline KingLuis10

• Legacy Fan
  • He drinks sangria
« Reply #53 on: November 21, 2016, 02:50:34 pm »
How would people feel about switching things up so that we're allowed to use any of the funky formations? I'm thinking of moving away from 433 in Lawnmo's world, at least for home matches, and this is the perfect world to test new tactics in.

Offline Lawnmowerman

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #54 on: November 21, 2016, 05:39:46 pm »
How would people feel about switching things up so that we're allowed to use any of the funky formations? I'm thinking of moving away from 433 in Lawnmo's world, at least for home matches, and this is the perfect world to test new tactics in.
I don't mind.

Offline RK7

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #55 on: November 21, 2016, 07:50:20 pm »
I would be happy for someone to play 433 so we can find out if there is a counter.

Offline Betty Blue

• Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #56 on: November 21, 2016, 08:00:30 pm »
I would be happy for someone to play 433 so we can find out if there is a counter.

Maybe half of us should play 433 while the other half can experiment. And then we all switch over roles in 2-3 matches.

Offline RK7

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #57 on: November 21, 2016, 08:05:00 pm »
Maybe half of us should play 433 while the other half can experiment. And then we all switch over roles in 2-3 matches.

It would make sense that a few played it.

Offline Lawnmowerman

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #58 on: November 21, 2016, 08:33:50 pm »
Mate this theory of yours that 4-3-3 wingers is unbeatable has practically everyone in the other world playing it now, yet Valencia have beaten two 4-3-3 wingers back to back. Two better teams at that! It's not unbeatable
« Last Edit: November 21, 2016, 08:48:01 pm by Lawnmowerman »

Offline Lawnmowerman

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #59 on: November 21, 2016, 08:46:07 pm »
There's already the other world that has over half of the teams playing it. Not interested in another

Offline Betty Blue

• Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #60 on: November 21, 2016, 08:47:49 pm »
There's already the other world that has over half of the teams playing it. Not interested in another

Good point. It just seems like most people are already losing interesting in this one, which is fair enough as it's not meant to be a long term thing. Card Cheat's world will take over in the New Year anyway.

Offline Lawnmowerman

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #61 on: November 21, 2016, 08:49:11 pm »
Good point. It just seems like most people are already losing interesting in this one, which is fair enough as it's not meant to be a long term thing. Card Cheat's world will take over in the New Year anyway.
I'd actually leave it now for card cheats, but maybe if people could randomly decide a formation away from the main ones might make it a bit more interesting

Offline Betty Blue

• Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #62 on: November 21, 2016, 08:51:34 pm »
I'd actually leave it now but maybe if people could randomly decide a formation away from the main ones might make it a bit more interesting

Card Cheat and I were talking the other night, and he reckons the New Year is the perfect time to start a new season. Fresh vibes and all.

I'd be fine with people switching up formations from match to match to keep everyone interested in the short term.

Offline RK7

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #63 on: November 21, 2016, 09:08:52 pm »
Mate this theory of yours that 4-3-3 wingers is unbeatable has practically everyone in the other world playing it now, yet Valencia have beaten two 4-3-3 wingers back to back. Two better teams at that! It's not unbeatable

It was you that pointed out everyone was using it, I'm not responsible for anyone using it.

I did notice the 2 Valencia results. On both occasions they lost in the stats department but luckily had a GK to thank. PSV choosing not to play down the wings might have played a part as well?

Not saying it's not unbeatable, stats show it rarely loses against another formation without a lot of luck. Could of course just be all a coincidence.

Offline Lawnmowerman

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #64 on: November 21, 2016, 09:30:27 pm »
It was you that pointed out everyone was using it, I'm not responsible for anyone using it.

I did notice the 2 Valencia results. On both occasions they lost in the stats department but luckily had a GK to thank. PSV choosing not to play down the wings might have played a part as well?

Not saying it's not unbeatable, stats show it rarely loses against another formation without a lot of luck. Could of course just be all a coincidence.
Yeah i pointed it out but it was more a jokey banter comment, it's a banter thread, during friendly season when people try things out. The serious discussion that led from that jokey comment to it being unbeateable from reading forums and the likes convinced people, even meself for a short while, that it's the go too formation :D Had me wanting to move away from it. There's plenty of scope in the other world to figure out a counter for it. Saying that i don't think there's a definite counter for any formations anyway. I'm playing this world to maybe find something away from 4-3-3

Offline RK7

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #65 on: November 21, 2016, 09:36:09 pm »
Yeah i pointed it out but it was more a jokey banter comment, it's a banter thread, during friendly season when people try things out. The serious discussion that led from that jokey comment to it being unbeateable from reading forums and the likes convinced people, even meself for a short while, that it's the go too formation :D Had me wanting to move away from it. There's plenty of scope in the other world to figure out a counter for it. Saying that i don't think there's a definite counter for any formations anyway. I'm playing this world to maybe find something away from 4-3-3

I think everyone wants to move away from it to be honest.

Offline Lawnmowerman

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #66 on: November 21, 2016, 09:36:24 pm »
I'd say you should use 4-3-3 wingers but you're already on a winning run so we wouldn't know if it would improve your fortunes.
Maybe you should use it though and the rest of us use the mad formations and see what happens. I'd like to change formations or stick at will

Offline Card Cheat

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #67 on: November 21, 2016, 11:24:00 pm »
On the new world thing, I'm happy to see this formation world through to the end of the season, and then start another up then. Going on the assumption that there'll be more uptake when the festive season is done and dusted.

Offline Lawnmowerman

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #68 on: November 24, 2016, 08:17:46 pm »
A new club record has been set. Bayern have now smashed their highest goals total by hammering Chelsea 15-1.
Long Ball!! Long ball!! whatcha gone do when it comes for you
« Last Edit: November 24, 2016, 08:32:24 pm by Lawnmowerman »

Offline Betty Blue

• Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #69 on: November 24, 2016, 08:57:03 pm »
A new club record has been set. Bayern have now smashed their highest goals total by hammering Chelsea 15-1.
Long Ball!! Long ball!! whatcha gone do when it comes for you

;D  Maybe you've unlocked some formation gold with your long ball tactics!

But how did Courthois get a 7!? He was fucking shite in that match.

Offline Lawnmowerman

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #70 on: November 24, 2016, 09:04:27 pm »
;D  Maybe you've unlocked some formation gold with your long ball tactics!

But how did Courthois get a 7!? He was fucking shite in that match.
;D it could have been 30 without him

Offline LiamG

• Legacy Fan
  • Y.N.W.A
« Reply #71 on: November 25, 2016, 08:13:44 am »
struggling with this 334

Offline Betty Blue

• Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #72 on: December 4, 2016, 04:05:34 pm »
Okay, to liven things up a bit everyone will now be allowed to change formation (however many times you want) to any one you desire from the approved list below -

Offline Lawnmowerman

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #73 on: December 4, 2016, 04:23:19 pm »
Yeah sound it's getting a bit boring

Offline RK7

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #74 on: December 4, 2016, 05:05:29 pm »
So the experiment is over?

Offline Betty Blue

• Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #75 on: December 4, 2016, 05:25:30 pm »
So the experiment is over?

Nope, it continues with people enjoying more flexibility. Personally I'm sticking with my formation as I've only lost one match (rather spectacularly!) at full strength using it.

Offline Lawnmowerman

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #76 on: December 4, 2016, 09:50:25 pm »
I stuck with the original formation too, only because i was too lazy to change it. Not particularly arsed about this world anymore

Offline Betty Blue

• Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #77 on: December 4, 2016, 10:02:42 pm »
I stuck with the original formation too, only because i was too lazy to change it. Not particularly arsed about this world anymore

I don't think anyone is. It's interesting how a game without long term commitment becomes very dull very fast. We're just killing time 'til we start Card Cheat's world in the new year now anyway.

Offline The G in Gerrard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #78 on: December 9, 2016, 12:02:56 pm »
541b still doing the business ;D

Offline LiamG

• Legacy Fan
  • Y.N.W.A
« Reply #79 on: December 17, 2016, 08:08:44 am »
Think i've finally made 334 work