Author Topic: Simon Mignolet  (Read 4887 times)

Offline Max_powers

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Simon Mignolet
« on: December 22, 2019, 05:36:49 am »
Doing quite well in Belgium. Will probably win the league comfortably with Brugge and thought he looked decent in CL too.

Also his contract ends in 2024 just like Klopp's. Could he be Klopp's successor? Did Klopp extent his contract till 2024 to accommodate Simon?

Offline aw1991

• Legacy Fan
  • Love Firmino, hate bastards
Re: Simon Mignolet
« Reply #1 on: December 22, 2019, 06:28:19 am »
He's only the backroom motivator Steven Gerrard could have been.

Way too good for Belgian league, happy for him and hope he will win the title.

Offline Ratboy3G

• Sworn enemy of Mousegirl5G
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2 on: December 23, 2019, 02:03:39 pm »
Pleased to see Migs doing well, I think he was a better keeper than he was ever given credit for but never suited to the style Klopp wanted to play.
I am a man of few words.....any questions?

Offline Medellin

• Self-confessed daft meff.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Sound
Simon Mignolet
« Reply #3 on: January 15, 2020, 09:02:43 pm »
Belgian 'keeper of the year apparently..
Support the team,Trust & Believe.

Offline Gerry Attrick

• Sancho's dad. Tight-arse, non-jackpot-sharing get :)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4 on: January 15, 2020, 09:58:57 pm »
Facing those forwards that are superior to Firmino at finishing in training must be really helping him.

Offline Mutton Geoff

• 'The Invigilator'
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Life is a journey, not a destination.
« Reply #5 on: January 16, 2020, 05:27:12 pm »
Belgian 'keeper of the year apparently..

Good happy for him never did anything wrong except his style of keeper didnt fit the plans for our future, and for a long while a porous defence didnt help him as well.
A world were Liars and Hypocrites are accepted and rewarded and honest people are derided!
Who voted in this lying corrupt bastard anyway

Offline Linudden

• Twpsyn gwirion. Definitely a Ron DeSantis fanboy
  • Legacy Fan
  • Linudden.
« Reply #6 on: January 17, 2020, 02:39:02 pm »
Mignolet is a good keeper for sure, I think benching him for Karius was a bit unfair, since I believe he's the better player. He never got the chance to work with van Dijk either and I think he'd been a different player with a dominant centre half in front of him. That being said, it was fair of us to let him go to Brugge and a club like them I'm sure can't quite believe their luck at having a player like him becoming available for them. While they are the biggest club in Flanders, there are several larger clubs in the Dutch/French-speaking areas where he'd do a really good job.
Linudden.

Online Cu Chulainn

• "It's Peanut Butter Fascist Time!" (thinkaboutit). greedy, stupid, selfish capitalist pig who hates the poor and wants to euthanise the disabled.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7 on: October 18, 2020, 10:57:35 pm »
He posted this on his Facebook page earlier:
Unfortunately I tested positive on Covid-19 yesterday morning. After receiving the result this morning me and my family went in to quarantine immediately. Non of us showed any symptoms so far. #BluvnGoan #YNWA #NoSweatNoGlory
Good he is so far asymptomatic and hopefully he and his family gets over it soon.

Always liked Mignolet, good keeper, great professional. He'll always have his Champions League winners' medal too!

Offline Vinay

• West Coast privileges revoked due to jinxing activity. Considerably more greedier than yaow!
  • Legacy Fan
  • Ceux qui écrivent clairement ont des lecteurs.....
« Reply #8 on: October 20, 2020, 10:06:23 am »
He posted this on his Facebook page earlier:Good he is so far asymptomatic and hopefully he and his family gets over it soon.

Always liked Mignolet, good keeper, great professional. He'll always have his Champions League winners' medal too!

Offline aw1991

• Legacy Fan
  • Love Firmino, hate bastards
« Reply #9 on: October 20, 2020, 10:08:20 am »
Get well soon Migs, YNWA

Offline Damian V

• Anny Roader
« Reply #10 on: March 10, 2021, 10:47:49 am »

Offline Mark Walters

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #11 on: March 11, 2021, 11:51:16 am »
Tasty

https://www.instagram.com/p/CMKe5-VAtZA/
What'a Migs trying to prove? That he could be a sweeper keeper? In that case, why didn't he do it when he was with us? ???
"Maybe in life it's impossible to give 100 per cent to your job. Okay, I'll accept 98 per cent" Rafa Benitez

Online oojason

• The Official RAWK Audio Visual God. Founder Member of the Ricky Gervais' 'David Brad Fan Club'.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The Awkward Squad
« Reply #12 on: May 15, 2022, 07:02:45 pm »

'3 times in a row! 🏆🏆🏆 Champions 2021/2022!!! 💙🖤 #WeAreBruges #YNWA #Champions' - https://twitter.com/SMignolet/status/1525843592903802880

:wellin
Some 'Useful Info' for following the football + TV, Streams, Highlights & Replays etc - www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=345769

A mini-index of RAWK's 'Liverpool Audio / Video Thread' content over the years; & more - www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=345769.msg17787576#msg17787576

Offline Desert Red Fox

• Legacy Fan
  • Orange and Red!
« Reply #13 on: May 16, 2022, 03:51:54 am »
Congrats to Big Si! I wonder if he'd be willing to leave Belgium again for a "higher profile" club now that he's helped Bruges win three leagues in a row - I do think he's a good keeper (sometimes shaky, sometimes unfairly maligned) and could easily be playing in a more competitive league than the Belgian one.

In any case, I'm really glad he's found success in his home country :D

Online Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Michael Sheen is the actual Prince of 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
« Reply #14 on: May 16, 2022, 12:57:54 pm »
That’s great for Migs!

Also noticed he commented on John Achterbergs Instagram to congratulate him and Liverpool on winning the FA Cup  8)

Online Robinred

• Wanted for burglary.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Red since '64
« Reply #15 on: October 12, 2022, 07:43:58 pm »
Watched the Napoli v Ajax match, but by all accounts, he played a blinder in Brugge’s 0-0, which puts them through to last 16.
"The first revolt is against the supreme tyranny of theology...as long as we have a master in heaven, we will be slaves on earth." Mikhail Bakunin

Offline RedSince86

• I blame Chris de Burgh
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #16 on: October 12, 2022, 10:05:56 pm »
Watched the Napoli v Ajax match, but by all accounts, he played a blinder in Brugge’s 0-0, which puts them through to last 16.
Hopefully they win the group and we draw them on the last 16. :D
"Since its purchase by the sheikh of Abu Dhabi, Manchester City has managed to cheat its way into the top echelon of European football and create a global, immensely profitable football empire, ignoring rules along the way. The club's newfound glory is rooted in lies."

Offline jackh

• Has a blog but doesn't like to talk about it. Slightly obsessed with the colour orange for some weird reason......
  • RAWK Mod
  • Legacy Fan
    • @hartejack
« Reply #17 on: October 13, 2022, 12:03:37 pm »

He's played all four Champions League matches this season and they're the only team yet to concede a goal.

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #18 on: January 26, 2023, 04:30:55 pm »
Former Liverpool goalkeeper Simon Mignolet received the Gouden Schoen, or 'Golden Shoe' award for being Belgium's best player. The first goalkeeper to receive the award since Michel Preud’homme in 1989. [@LivEchoLFC]

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #19 on: January 26, 2023, 07:11:37 pm »