Author Topic: Preview: Liverpool FC v Swansea City, Capital One Cup 4th Round, 31st Oct, 20.00  (Read 46297 times)

Offline spider-neil

• Can watch 30 games in a day. He's not Spidey - he's Sway!
  • Legacy Fan
  • does whatever a spider can, spins a web any size
I think Suso and Sahin should play this game. The weekend gone wasn't the game for them but tonight is ideal.

It's an article about Doni where there is no mention of Doni by the journalist, anybody at the club or even Doni himself.

Some of the worst editing I´ve seen that!
Read the first page

Offline lfcbob

• Legacy Fan
  • Oh campione
Hope Yesil gets an outing
“Everything will be ok in the end. If it’s not ok, it’s not the end.”

Offline just Riggins?

• seeks man with gsoh 28-36. Likes a man in uniform.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Yesil will play

Offline greg9r

• Anny Roader
  • YNWA
Yesil will play

you think or you know?  :)

Offline keeby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
  • turned down the job of katie perrys fluffer.....
I do hope Yesil plays, have seen very little of him and it would be good to get a look at the lad, they do seem to be banging out quality youngsters in germany.
was on blankety blank once and came second.........

Offline just Riggins?

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
you think or you know?  :)

was watching them train yesterday over the bins for 10 minutes. 

they were doing an exercise with a first 11 which I posted yesterday but it got deleted. 

Yesil was up top on his own so barring injury I reckon it's definite :)

Offline HermanToothrot

• Main Stander
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
was watching them train yesterday over the bins for 10 minutes. 

they were doing an exercise with a first 11 which I posted yesterday but it got deleted. 

Yesil was up top on his own so barring injury I reckon it's definite :)

I'm surprised the club have not enforced an admission for use of the bins yet.

I hope Yesil starts though. would be good to see him in action. Maybe give him and Morgan a half each.

Offline just Riggins?

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
I'm surprised the club have not enforced an admission for use of the bins yet.

I hope Yesil starts though. would be good to see him in action. Maybe give him and Morgan a half each.

haha they should do.  Was just passing by and saw a couple free, never watched in before so it was pretty cool.

With Henderson at right back, I think he'll play a Johnson esque role.  He's certainly got the stamina for it and I can see him being the one up and down the wing supporting the midfield and aiding the attack, whether it's Downing or Assaidi on his side.  He's a decent tackler too. 

Offline HermanToothrot

• Main Stander
haha they should do.  Was just passing by and saw a couple free, never watched in before so it was pretty cool.

With Henderson at right back, I think he'll play a Johnson esque role.  He's certainly got the stamina for it and I can see him being the one up and down the wing supporting the midfield and aiding the attack, whether it's Downing or Assaidi on his side.  He's a decent tackler too. 

Yerah £3 for regular bins, or you can go for the executive box bins (wheelie bins with free cup of water) for £10. thing is, people would actually pay....

I wonder if BR will go 3 at the back? He may want to rest people, and the players he has available may force him to change it...

Jones
Flanagan
Robinson
Wisdom
Carragher
Coates

Henderson
Sahin
Shelvey

Pacheco
Yesil

Or Henderson right back?

Doubt he will though. Should be a good game regardless.

Offline just Riggins?

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
henderson was at rb from what I saw instead of Wisdom.  Cole Shelvey and Allen.  Yesil Assaidi Downing. 

This is a big chance for Cole getting to play in the hole which I think is his best position.  I would've preferred to see Pacheco there but this is his chance.  Otherwise I think he's out the door in Jan.

Hopefully Downing can impress again too.

Offline HermanToothrot

• Main Stander
henderson was at rb from what I saw instead of Wisdom.  Cole Shelvey and Allen.  Yesil Assaidi Downing. 

This is a big chance for Cole getting to play in the hole which I think is his best position.  I would've preferred to see Pacheco there but this is his chance.  Otherwise I think he's out the door in Jan.

Hopefully Downing can impress again too.

Downing has been fine this season....Joe Cole ahead of Pacheco is maybe a sign of how far down the pecking order Pacheco is, rather than how Joe Cole is given a chance.

Downing Assaidi and Yesil sounds good though.....

Offline FernandoSusoLFC

• Has a boner for Bony. Listens on mute. broke the Flanno to Fiorentina story. may be @indykaila or @melly mellwood #incognito
  • Legacy Fan
Norwich v Spurs
Chelsea v United
Liverpool v Swansea.

Arsenal, Leeds, Bradford, Middlesborough, Villa all through.

Let's hope we can get through as we have a good chance of retaining this with one of the big dogs going out in the CH/MU match. Can't see Norwich doing anything against Spurs.

Offline Carlos Valderama

• Kemlynite
I actually wouldn't mind seeing Downing at LB again, so long as there's no more half-hit passes across his own box.

Assaidi, Yesil and Cole to start up front would be my guess.

I should think we'd have a strong bench as a lot of the youth lads have a Next Gen game tonight in Dortmund.
"I ain’t no suit-wearin’ businessman like you… you know I’m just a gangsta I suppose…and I want my corners"

Offline harrythered

• Kopite
Great OP, thanks.
Looking forward to this one, and seeing the type of team Rodgers will put out.
For me, Cole shouldn't be in the squad. He hasn't shown anything when he has played this season, and we can use this game to blood more youngsters, like Adorjan or Coady, although he is in Dortmund i think.
Hope Robinson and Yesil get game time,  both look very talented.
Assaidi will be an important player for us tonight, running at the full backs and creating chances, as he did so well against Anzhi. Hopefully Henderson will get a full 90 minutes, think he has improved this year, even in the little time he has played.
Should be a good game.
Justice For The 96

Offline jordyball10

• Legacy Fan
  • Y.N.W.A
Norwich v Spurs
Chelsea v United
Liverpool v Swansea.

Arsenal, Leeds, Bradford, Middlesborough, Villa all through.

Let's hope we can get through as we have a good chance of retaining this with one of the big dogs going out in the CH/MU match. Can't see Norwich doing anything against Spurs.

I couldnt see Norwich doing anything against Arsenal but they got 3 points. I think Norwich might nick this!

Offline FernandoSusoLFC

• Has a boner for Bony. Listens on mute. broke the Flanno to Fiorentina story. may be @indykaila or @melly mellwood #incognito
  • Legacy Fan
I couldnt see Norwich doing anything against Arsenal but they got 3 points. I think Norwich might nick this!

No they won't ;)

because that way they'll knock them out. Pilkington, Snodgrass, Holt are all shit ;)

Offline Pistolero

• BELIEVE. My bad. This. Lol. Bless. Meh. Wow just wow. Hate on. The Ev. Phil.
  • Legacy Fan
  • A serpent's tooth...
Cole shouldn't be in the squad. He hasn't shown anything when he has played this season, and we can use this game to blood more youngsters, like Adorjan or Coady, although he is in Dortmund i think.
Hope Robinson and Yesil get game time,  both look very talented.
Assaidi will be an important player for us tonight, running at the full backs and creating chances, as he did so well against Anzhi. Hopefully Henderson will get a full 90 minutes, think he has improved this year, even in the little time he has played.
Should be a good game.

agree on all points...particularly the Cole issue...just dont see the point in him starting - he's finished, harsh but true....really like the look of Adorjan, has that touch of quality that suggests he could make the step up
They have life in them, they have humour, they're arrogant, they're cocky and they're proud. And that's what I want my team to be.

Offline kkjellquist

• Legacy Fan
agree on all points...particularly the Cole issue...just dont see the point in him starting - he's finished, harsh but true....really like the look of Adorjan, has that touch of quality that suggests he could make the step up

If we learned nothing else we know BR will start the best players for the given situation regardless of age, experience, tenure.  Despite this Cole can't get anywhere near the bench for most matches.  He's done. 
"Statistics are like bikinis—they show a lot but not everything." - Lou Piniella

Offline Reepicheep

• Main Stander
  • This is where we fight! This is where they die!
Expecting
                             Jones
Henderson Carragher Coates Robinson
                 Shelvey        Allen
                              Cole
       Downing        Yesil         Assaidi

Very surprised if that isn't the team.

I would really like to given Allen a break and a spot on the bench for this one.I know its swansea and his former club and all, so hes likely to be extra charged up to face off against them, but hes been playing a lot ever since he joined, and I would prefer he kept fresh for Cabaye over the weekend.Besides Sahin only played a single half last weekend.Given his smooth style of play, and apparent weakness to drift in and out of games with a heavy physical aspect, I think Swansea are almost Ideal candidates to see how his playmaking skills are.Besides the fella did score a brace last time out in this competition.

I would also hope that Pacheco and Suso get about half an hour each against the swans.Suso, more or less for the reasons mentioned above for Sahin, and Pacheco because I do feel that he would thrive in coles spot, playing off the striker and threading through balls , and generally playing giving his natural flair some freedom to flourish.Give the lad a chance and all that... he didnt do too poorly against West Brom in his last outing.
“Be yourself; everyone else is already taken.”
― Oscar Wilde

Offline tommy LFC

• Despite his sophistication, intelligence, wit, charm and extraordinary good looks, nobody wanted to give him one...
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • VAR is shite.
I wonder what sort of a reception Brendan will get from their lot? Surely they won't boo him. Hope the same goes for Joe Allen.
Let us never forget Rafael Benitez and what he did for us. A fighter full of guts and passion. A gentleman full of class and dignity. A football manager full of intelligence and pure genius. A Legend.
Adios Rafa, buena suerte.

Some people say I'm a dreamer...

Offline -Willo-

• -the wisp-
  • Legacy Fan
They'll boo him I'd imagine, we had an agreement not to buy any of their players yet Rodgers still went out and got Allen, surely their fans don't like that.

Offline jslice

• Main Stander
I agree Cole doesn't deserve a place in the team. Much rather give the match fitness/experience to a youngster. Cole is our new Kewell.

Offline Get

• ...ting perilously close to being banned, so even the avatar is WRONG!
  • Legacy Fan
  • Support Brendan Rodgers
Jones, Henderson, Carragher, Coates, Robinson, Allen, Shelvey, Cole, Assaidi, Downing, Yesil.

Is the team.

Bummer, but the rest of the team looks great.

With Cole in the midfield no doubt Swansea will control most of the possession.
Quote from: Fordy on July 20, 2012, 01:24:46 PM
Anything more that 6m for Joe Allen and we have been ripped off.

Loads of Joe allens out there.

I would like to see him stay at Swansea myself and see if he can have another decent season. He is a championship player - players like a championship player.

Offline tommy LFC

• Despite his sophistication, intelligence, wit, charm and extraordinary good looks, nobody wanted to give him one...
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • VAR is shite.
I agree Cole doesn't deserve a place in the team. Much rather give the match fitness/experience to a youngster. Cole is our new Kewell.

May as well try and get something for our 100k a week. And I'm going to guess QPR will be panic buying in January and might just take him back to London so lets get him in the shop window (I'll make the "if he'll fit" joke before anyone else gets the chance!).

I wonder is a large chunk of his wage dependent on actually playing or if he gets 100k regardless.
Let us never forget Rafael Benitez and what he did for us. A fighter full of guts and passion. A gentleman full of class and dignity. A football manager full of intelligence and pure genius. A Legend.
Adios Rafa, buena suerte.

Some people say I'm a dreamer...

Offline stara

• ra-boom-de-ay. RAWK's very own Dicktionary Corner.
  • Legacy Fan
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/XENj_vuwknE" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/XENj_vuwknE</a>
50+1. Real FFP rules. Now.

Offline banksybanks

• Legacy Fan
  • Oranges and cigarettes
Looks reasonably attacking to me, that. Don't worry though, I'm sure Cole will hobble off after 15mins.

Offline Jack Cactus

• Kemlynite
  • Bang Bang
Still looks like the usual 433 formation to me - if it is the starting XI.

Jones
Hendo Carra Coates Robinson
Shelvey Cole Allen
Downing Yesil Asaidi

Obviously Cole playing the most advanced of the midfield 3.

Offline JLFC

• Legacy Fan
Setting off in 30 minutes straight down the M62! Come on Redmen!! YNWA

Offline sattapaartridge

• The new 'pete price' of RAWK.
  • Legacy Fan
  • @sattapaal
looks a 1-4-3-3 to me.

good to see downing and assaidi looking to play. i think it would be harsh on downing to drop him for this, even though assaidi has looked better in possession, downing has started to look threatening.

i think cole will come off early, as he normally does ;)
did you know that 10 x 2 and 11 x 2 have the same answer?

Offline -Willo-

• -the wisp-
  • Legacy Fan
Henderson RB is boss.

Comfortable in possession, especially when playing the safe ball.
Good engine on him so will get up and down the wing all night long.

Offline Fordy

• Κασσάνδρα. ITK (rubs bridge of nose knowingly)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Henderson RB is boss.

Comfortable in possession, especially when playing the safe ball.
Good engine on him so will get up and down the wing all night long.

Strange thing to say mate considering you've seen him play there for 20mins.

You must be very confident. I mean he did do well when coming on but that's glowing praise.

Offline NIRed44

• Main Stander
Strange thing to say mate considering you've seen him play there for 20mins.

You must be very confident. I mean he did do well when coming on but that's glowing praise.
I might be wrong but I'm pretty sure he played RB against Blackburn last year after the red card for Doni. He played boss there that night if I'm remembering correctly.

Offline Funky_Gibbons

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Follow the gourd
I might be wrong but I'm pretty sure he played RB against Blackburn last year after the red card for Doni. He played boss there that night if I'm remembering correctly.

Your right.

When Doni was sent off Flanagan was taken off and Henderson played at RB and was very good.
"And there are red and white scarves of Liverpool, and red and white bobble hats of Liverpool, and red and white rosettes of Liverpool, and nothing else. And the sun shines now."

Offline Harinder

• RAWK Star. Top Kharbooja. Heat-Sikhing Missile Launcher. Purveyor of burning bushes, interpreter of dreams, provider of Egyptian travel before the age of 30, and saviour of RAWK. Also he has a beard.
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
Anyone sitting in the Kop tonight?
Just clicked on the main board and my virus scanner came back with this

"When we visited this site, we found it exhibited one or more risky behaviors."

:lmao

Strip his knighthood https://submissions.epetitions.direct.gov.uk/petitions/47770

Offline Niru Red4ever

• Spoiler spoiler
  • Legacy Fan
I agree Hendo will do well aas a full back; especially if the formation makes him a wingback. But have to say not getting a chance in the middle must be disappointing for him - Hendo Sahin duo has worked well earlier.

A very good lineup - except for Cole; would have preferred Pacheco.
Would love the 19th more and more trophies; but would love even more to see a fan owned LFC.

Offline adlad

• Kopite
Anyone sitting in the Kop tonight?

Me, and about 12000 other people ;)

Offline Harinder

• RAWK Star. Top Kharbooja. Heat-Sikhing Missile Launcher. Purveyor of burning bushes, interpreter of dreams, provider of Egyptian travel before the age of 30, and saviour of RAWK. Also he has a beard.
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
Me, and about 12000 other people ;)

great. We need a volunteer  ;D

I think "We Climbed the Hill" will be flown again today by 24/7  :D

He may need a hand so anyone who can aid meet the lads/lasses under the scoreboard (corner of Kop) at 7.30pm
Just clicked on the main board and my virus scanner came back with this

"When we visited this site, we found it exhibited one or more risky behaviors."

:lmao

Strip his knighthood https://submissions.epetitions.direct.gov.uk/petitions/47770

Offline ArchieC

• Legacy Fan
  • Once a Red Always a Red WE BLEED RED!!
As long as Gerrard, Suarez, Allen, Agger, Skrtel and Sterling get a rest for this game i'm happy.  Although a win would be great, our primary focus should be the game against Newcastle
We all bleed RED!!

Offline -Willo-

• -the wisp-
  • Legacy Fan
this isn't being broadcast at all, correct?

Plenty of streams will be floating about on RAWK prior to kick off, get yer laptop on and pick one of a few hundred available :)