Author Topic: Dani Pacheco  (Read 92917 times)

Offline Vidocq

• chronologically challenged LFC historian
  • Legacy Fan
  • I'd kill for a Nobel Peace Prize
Re: pacheco
« Reply #280 on: July 11, 2012, 05:40:04 am »
"During those days I understood more than ever what 'You'll Never Walk Alone' means."  Luis Suarez

Offline 6BigCups

• RAWK Journeyman
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #281 on: July 14, 2012, 10:24:21 am »
I wonder if he could have a part to play under Rodgers? Definitely seems his type of footballer anyway

Offline nocturnalvin

• Legacy Fan
  • Justice For The 96.
« Reply #282 on: July 14, 2012, 01:11:42 pm »
I wonder if he could have a part to play under Rodgers? Definitely seems his type of footballer anyway

What is Rodger's type of footballer that isn't Rafa's and Kenny's ?

Offline Suareznumber7

• Gullible. Lost in the modern world, thinks all tweets are true.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #283 on: July 14, 2012, 01:12:49 pm »
What is Rodger's type of footballer that isn't Rafa's and Kenny's ?

Not to start a Kenny v Rafa argument but I don't think the two of them(KK and Rafa) have the same things in mind when looking at potential players. 

Offline nocturnalvin

• Legacy Fan
  • Justice For The 96.
« Reply #284 on: July 14, 2012, 01:17:33 pm »
Not to start a Kenny v Rafa argument but I don't think the two of them(KK and Rafa) have the same things in mind when looking at potential players. 

not starting one myself, but i'm quite perturbed when people keep trotting the line "Rodgers type of player."
All the 3 managers wants the ball on the ground. The only difference is Kenny is less rigid in tactical setup and instructions, which does not describe Pacheco as being more relevant to a particular manager's set up.

The lad has some ability, but is it possible that he might be a tad over-rated here ?

Offline DavidNgog90

• Main Stander
« Reply #285 on: July 14, 2012, 01:22:39 pm »
All the 3 managers wants the ball on the ground.

Not particularly. Otherwise we would not have bought Carroll, Adam and Downing. (Direct hoof-ball players)

On Pacheco - I'd like to see him given a chance in the early stages Europa League and the Carling Cup. He's been away for a couple of years and we don't really know if or how he's improved. He deserves a chance to show what he can do.

Offline nocturnalvin

• Legacy Fan
  • Justice For The 96.
« Reply #286 on: July 14, 2012, 01:25:27 pm »
Not particularly. Otherwise we would not have bought Carroll, Adam and Downing. (Direct hoof-ball players)

On Pacheco - I'd like to see him given a chance in the early stages Europa League and the Carling Cup. He's been away for a couple of years and we don't really know if or how he's improved. He deserves a chance to show what he can do.

how do i put you on ignore mode ?

Offline Suareznumber7

• Gullible. Lost in the modern world, thinks all tweets are true.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #287 on: July 14, 2012, 01:26:14 pm »
The lad has some ability, but is it possible that he might be a tad over-rated here ?

RAWK overrating a player......nonsense

Offline DavidNgog90

• Main Stander
« Reply #288 on: July 14, 2012, 01:27:27 pm »
how do i put you on ignore mode ?

Profile > Modify profile > Buddies/Ignore list.

You will regret this decision, my friend.

Offline lorenzo23

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #289 on: July 14, 2012, 02:02:55 pm »
not starting one myself, but i'm quite perturbed when people keep trotting the line "Rodgers type of player."
All the 3 managers wants the ball on the ground. The only difference is Kenny is less rigid in tactical setup and instructions, which does not describe Pacheco as being more relevant to a particular manager's set up.

Rafa and Rodgers is about control Kenny is not, clearly going have different suited players.
Liverpool manager Rafael Benítez admitted after the match that the manner of his side's victory had stunned him and he stated: "My problem is that I don't have words to express the things that I feel at this moment"

Offline nocturnalvin

• Legacy Fan
  • Justice For The 96.
« Reply #290 on: July 14, 2012, 02:12:21 pm »
Rafa and Rodgers is about control Kenny is not, clearly going have different suited players.

Doesnt make Pacheco more suited to the annoying tag of "Rodgers type of player".

Offline CraigDS

• Lite. Smelt it and dealt it. Worrawhopper.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #291 on: July 14, 2012, 02:15:32 pm »
Doesnt make Pacheco more suited to the annoying tag of "Rodgers type of player".

Of course it does. If he is comfortable on the ball, good vision etc. then he will be more suited to how Rodger's likes to play and therefore a 'Rodgers type of player'. If he was a lump it 90 yards from your own half, hate having the ball as his feet type of player then he wouldn't be suited to Rodger's style of play, etc.

Now obviously will be players who don't fit the style or 'type' yet still play and make an impact so not to say he only has one 'type' of player.

Offline stevieG786

• Prefers bottom.
  • Legacy Fan
  • AWWW YA BEAUTY!!
« Reply #292 on: July 14, 2012, 02:15:52 pm »
Profile > Modify profile > Buddies/Ignore list.

You will regret this decision, my friend.

Lol

Offline Vidocq

• chronologically challenged LFC historian
  • Legacy Fan
  • I'd kill for a Nobel Peace Prize
« Reply #293 on: July 14, 2012, 02:16:33 pm »

is right
"During those days I understood more than ever what 'You'll Never Walk Alone' means."  Luis Suarez

Offline And CouldHe Play!

• but not And Could He Play, different bloke entirely.
  • Kopite
  • Shakedown, 1979
« Reply #294 on: July 14, 2012, 02:39:01 pm »

you consistently prove yourself to be a blert. are you wumming?
Fuck it, I'm taking me dog for a walk. The pair of us are completely bollocksed and take turns a piece dragging one another along. We look a bit like one of Roy's midfield pairings, but with a wee bit more guile and panache. Well, on the dog's side, anyway

Offline Red Eyed

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #295 on: July 14, 2012, 04:45:24 pm »
you consistently prove yourself to be a blert. are you wumming?

What he's saying makes perfect sense, Kenny did buy direct players, Rodgers has more emphasis on keeping the ball and intelligent play.
"Just try, if we can do it, wonderful and if not, then fail in the most beautiful way"

Offline Sangria

• In trying to be right ends up wrong without fail
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #296 on: July 14, 2012, 10:11:43 pm »
"i just dont think (Lucas is) that type of player that Kenny wants"
Vidocq, 20 January 2011

http://www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=267148.msg8032258#msg8032258

Offline lorenzo23

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #297 on: July 14, 2012, 10:49:52 pm »
Liverpool manager Rafael Benítez admitted after the match that the manner of his side's victory had stunned him and he stated: "My problem is that I don't have words to express the things that I feel at this moment"

Offline Sangria

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #298 on: July 14, 2012, 11:07:11 pm »
Was he playing just off Holt as play maker?

It looks like it.
Vidocq, 20 January 2011

http://www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=267148.msg8032258#msg8032258

Offline Il Capitano

• Forza Liverpool. This thing of ours...
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #299 on: July 15, 2012, 01:25:46 am »
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mQ5rjPUvg0c

Alan Knill, god I remember watching that match a year ago. Alan Knill from Slough, the most uninspiring manager I've ever seen. Even his name makes you want to shoot yourself out of boredom.

Offline kcbworth

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #300 on: July 15, 2012, 02:11:55 am »

Who knows. He played a handful of games off the bench in Rafa's last season and looked pretty good. To put it in perspective, he played a few more mins than Sterling this season, and looked just as good, if not better. Then he played one anonymous game under Roy (in one of our worst team performances in years) and hasn't been seen since. So who knows how good he is? Based on his limited exposure to the first team he's been good every time except once, so its hard to judge him anything other than good.

Offline DyingAtheist

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #301 on: July 15, 2012, 02:30:37 am »
Can...can someone please, please, capitalise the P in the title?

Offline gaijin_lfc

• Anny Roader
« Reply #302 on: July 15, 2012, 06:34:39 am »
I think the point is that Rafa and Rodgers both seem to look for the same qualities in footballers - ability to press and harass defenders, win the ball back up the pitch, and utilize passing and movement to create chances.

I have no doubt in my mind that Kenny wanted the team to play beautiful attacking football, but when you look at the teams he's built with Blackburn, Newcastle and our latest Liverpool side, he does like to utilize a very direct style of play, with a traditional strike partnership.

I think there's every chance Rodgers will see in Pacheco what Rafa saw, and not when Kenny saw when the club loaned him out to Atlético. As with all our players, I'd rather see them do well than see them do poorly. Even if he just made some sub appearances in the league and cup starts over the year, I'd be happy for Dani since he's made it clear on numerous occasions that he's a red through and through and he wants to play for us.

Offline KirkVanHouten

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #303 on: July 15, 2012, 09:13:28 am »

Stop wumming

Offline Kopite B205

• Loves Siemen. And Judge Judy. But not at the same time.
  • Legacy Fan
  • In my life, we've won them all.
« Reply #304 on: July 15, 2012, 09:16:02 am »
Comfortably the most disappointing and overrated player who promised so much early on, but as delivered absoloutey fuck all.
Liverpool was made for me and I was made for Liverpool.

Offline Zlen

• Suspicious of systems. But getting lots.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #305 on: July 15, 2012, 09:22:25 am »
Comfortably the most disappointing and overrated player who promised so much early on, but as delivered absoloutey fuck all.

Oh, is he now?
Sorry but could you point me to the time in our recent history when Daniel Pacheco was given playing time to prove himself so I can rewatch it and enjoy the horror show you've seen. If it is not too much to ask that is. Also please don't give me the 'I concluded it so because obviously managers didn't rate him' if possible.

Offline rocco

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • ⭐️⭐️⭐️6 Times Baby ⭐️⭐️⭐️
« Reply #306 on: July 15, 2012, 09:25:02 am »
Needs a season on loan where he is going to play 30-40 games

Offline Upinsmoke

• Is a grump, get used to it.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #307 on: July 15, 2012, 09:55:47 am »
Needs a season on loan where he is going to play 30-40 games

Its a conundrum for me. He is rated to a certain degree, he's a Liverpool player, he's been on loan at Norwich, then atletico and straight to rayo. Clearly he has something but still gets limited opportunity. He's obviously too good or pointless to loan him to a league 1/league 2 team but not good enough to play for championship/premier league level?
It doesn't add up for me.

Offline rocco

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • ⭐️⭐️⭐️6 Times Baby ⭐️⭐️⭐️
« Reply #308 on: July 15, 2012, 10:05:41 am »
Its a conundrum for me. He is rated to a certain degree, he's a Liverpool player, he's been on loan at Norwich, then atletico and straight to rayo. Clearly he has something but still gets limited opportunity. He's obviously too good or pointless to loan him to a league 1/league 2 team but not good enough to play for championship/premier league level?
It doesn't add up for me.

I do feel he is good enough to play for a premierleague club maybe one of the promoted clubs

Offline nocturnalvin

• Legacy Fan
  • Justice For The 96.
« Reply #309 on: July 15, 2012, 10:43:53 am »
Of course it does. If he is comfortable on the ball, good vision etc. then he will be more suited to how Rodger's likes to play and therefore a 'Rodgers type of player'. If he was a lump it 90 yards from your own half, hate having the ball as his feet type of player then he wouldn't be suited to Rodger's style of play, etc.

Now obviously will be players who don't fit the style or 'type' yet still play and make an impact so not to say he only has one 'type' of player.

don't think you get my initial point. I said he is no more a Rodger's type of player (a term i find annoying btw) than a Rafa and Kenny's type of player.

Offline conman

• Ohh aaaah just a little bit, Ooh aahh, a little bit more. Aerial stalker perv. Not cool enough to get the lolz.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
    • Cocopoppyhead
Re: Re: pacheco
« Reply #310 on: July 15, 2012, 12:04:16 pm »
don't think you get my initial point. I said he is no more a Rodger's type of player (a term i find annoying btw) than a Rafa and Kenny's type of player.
he is more of a Rafa / Rodgers player than a Kenny player. one thing is absolute,he is certainly not a Hodgson player.

Offline conman

• Ohh aaaah just a little bit, Ooh aahh, a little bit more. Aerial stalker perv. Not cool enough to get the lolz.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
    • Cocopoppyhead
« Reply #311 on: July 15, 2012, 12:15:44 pm »
another relevant point regarding Pacheco, is that he understands the type of system Brendan wants to implement. he is also a Liverpool player, wants to be here, has no settling in  period to adjust...

These are all hugely positive traits for a new manager (to see) who is about to implement a new system at a new club. There's a strong chance Adam,Downing,Carroll may not fit into the mix or be sold.
so we can't afford a huge overhaul of staff and expect to hit the ground running or even jogging. we are also looking to decrease the wages.

Pacheco fits all the requirements, what remains to be seen is his playing ability.has he got what it takes? I think so..  he is atleast good enough to be a backup.. god knows Suarez could do with a rest every now bad again.

here is a lad who could chip in every so often without floating the wage bill.

maybe he doesn't cut it and is sold, many here may rejoice and say "I told u so". just like Emeliano, ehm.....

Offline Matt8Pie

• Boris Johnson's speech writer. Seeks vindication for slating players, the very definition of "supporter". Still doesn't get it.
  • Legacy Fan
  • YANKS OUT
« Reply #312 on: July 15, 2012, 12:28:31 pm »
I'm still baffled as to why we didn't loan him to Norwich last season. It made perfect sense.
http://www.twitter.com/matt8pie
Most people in this world are tits. The fact they have an allegiance with Liverpool Football Club doesn't change that.

Offline LondonRedMan

• wants to donate to RAWk because a kindly mod took away his nasty CT.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Don't buy the S*n
« Reply #313 on: July 15, 2012, 12:29:00 pm »
Hope we can see him in the EL game in a few weeks time. That will give us a better idea of his level as we haven't seen him for a while now so are unsure as to his progression.

Offline aka_da_saus

• No new LFC topics
  • Kopite
  • follow me on twitter @aka_da_saus
« Reply #314 on: July 15, 2012, 12:44:48 pm »
Tell me if I'm wrong but didn't rayo's manager basically say Pacheco didn't get game time because he wouldn't work hard for team and press with rest of team..like if that's the case his going fucking nowhere. Wont get game time under Rodgers
we hate nottingham forest
we hate everton 2 THERE SHIT
we hate man united
but liverpool we love u
all together now

Offline T.Mills

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #315 on: July 15, 2012, 12:49:30 pm »
Can...can someone please, please, capitalise the P in the title?

This.

It annoys me more than it should  ;D

Offline Sangria

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #316 on: July 15, 2012, 01:01:01 pm »
I'm still baffled as to why we didn't loan him to Norwich last season. It made perfect sense.

If they have too many loanees, then sell for a cheap price with a not too expensive buy back clause would amount to the same thing. Like sell for 500k with a 4m buy back clause.
Vidocq, 20 January 2011

Offline eirwen

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #317 on: July 15, 2012, 01:02:28 pm »
Could someone please change the title?

Offline dernaroy

• Anny Roader
« Reply #318 on: July 15, 2012, 01:22:07 pm »
Tell me if I'm wrong but didn't rayo's manager basically say Pacheco didn't get game time because he wouldn't work hard for team and press with rest of team..like if that's the case his going fucking nowhere. Wont get game time under Rodgers

Have often wondered if he is maybe a bit of a 'luxury' type player? Best position seems to be behind the striker because he's not physical enough to play as a striker. He seems to be quite creative and has a real eye for a pass but perhaps his off the ball abilities and work rate aren't good enough. The type of player who is involved in everything, picking out passes and setting up goals, when you're 5-0 up against 10 man Scunthorpe (see video above) but perhaps he goes missing when the real hard work is needed against a different team?
i admireyour optimism but if you honestly believe we will finish even in the top 6 this year , then you my friend (im at pains to say this ) are deluded.

Offline jimmyjr86

• Legacy Fan
  • Up on a hill, here's where we begin...
« Reply #319 on: July 15, 2012, 01:32:39 pm »
Every time i've seen him play he has always worked his socks off in games. Infact i've seen him get frustrated with others for not pressing with him.

The problem being he was too young with Rafa, and didnt really fit in with Hodgson or even Kenny's style of play.

He can play in the midfield three or even as one of the wide forwards so should get a chance this season. Everytime he you see him he is smiling and seems to be well liked by teammates etc. He loves Liverpool as well.

Think we all need to see what he can do in a red shirt. Just so we can finally see the player he has become. Whether he is good enough for us or not. A decent run of games should do the trick.

He's young/versatile on relatively low wages and atm has no sell on value. its a no brainer to give him a chance, at least until January in and around the first team. Worst thing that happens is we sell him for a higher price after ten games or so. Look at the supposed offers for Spearing of around 6m when he first broke into the side as an example.