Author Topic: England v Netherlands  (Read 79743 times)

Offline MagicHat

• Seeks SingleBunny For Professional Relationship And Cosy Nights In
  • Legacy Fan
Re: England v Netherlands
« Reply #320 on: February 29, 2012, 12:52:09 pm »

As for Scott Parker, I just want to roll about on the floor laughing. If ever there was a stronger signal that the southern mafia are back in full control of the Ingerlund set up then this is it. Stinks of Redknapp's involvement. I mean, who else would you want leading your team - a 31 year old with 89 caps, a CL winners medal and a host of other achievements over a glittering career, or a 31 year old with 10 caps, largely overlooked by the national team over his career and who has won the Intertoto cup and precisely dick all else? While we're at it, as Thommo would say, lay your medals on the table Pearce, what the fuck have you done over your career except shake your fist during a game 15 years ago?

The guy who might not start after playing 120 minutes during the weekend or the guy who will probably start? I know I like my captain for the game to actually be on the pitch from the start but that's just me. ;) Now if Gerrard starts, there are many reasons I can think of for Liverpool fans to be furoius but shouldn't we wait to see who starts before we criticize not making Gerrard captain?

Being the best U21 manager we have had since David Sexton and pushing for reform?

You make some good points but I don't think there's been many in the media who are actively calling for the exclusion of those players, more calling for the inclusion of others, such as Walker or Cleverly, the latter, who being heavily feted by the media for being young, English and playing for a big club naturally leads to calls for international recognition (the same thing has happened with Smalling and Jones). Which leads to the likes of Crouch and Defoe who aren't that popular anymore either playing for an unfashionable club or not playing at all and I can't recall much clamour for their inclusion. Frazier Campbell has at least youth on his side but he's also played for Man Utd, which may sound like paranoid LFC bias, but all the same, the examples of other players in that boat being picked in England squads is difficult to ignore.

To be honest, I think the press have ignored this game up till the squad was announced and don't really care at the moment. I don't think there were calls for players in or out due to that, just some puzzlement for a few (like Campbell). Usually, we would have had massive calls for Richards to be picked after his Capello exile but there hasn't been the usual press demands/debate. I agree there were calls for Walker awhile ago but not as loud as for Richards, I don't think Walker's inclusion was considered an issue for this one, it was generally expected to happen. Cleverly? Nobody seemed to predict. Or even want. Had he been fit for a month and this been a game anyone cared about, there might well have been calls.

Every England manager is supposedly under the press thumb. Usually because people disagree with their choice and think the player is a media favourite. While somehow that fan's clubs own players never get counted as such but anyone anyway linked with rivals do. Apparently Sven, McClaren (ok he was awed by the press), Capello the well known weakling and now Pearce all left their independence outside, despite different temperaments, belief's and backgrounds and became under the thumb of the media. Even when they make surprise choices or pick players the press have long turned against.
« Last Edit: February 29, 2012, 12:55:01 pm by MagicHat »

Offline andyrol

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • might bring you boys a rabbit up in the week
« Reply #321 on: February 29, 2012, 12:53:39 pm »
dont know which to choose? a) brave brave scotty england skipper and steven gerrard starts= stevie should retire now. b) this means stevie starts on bench tonight therefore resting well before saturday. or c) this means brave boy is england skip in euro,s which will mean they dont get out of the group which means i will laugh my head off at the FA and larndaaahn based team england.

Offline -Nay-

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #322 on: February 29, 2012, 12:53:55 pm »
Only just found out who's captain
What a fucking joke. HA!

Offline Hazell

• Ultimate Movie Night Draft Winner 2017. King - or Queen - of Mystery. Hyzenthlay. The 5th Benitle's sex conch.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #323 on: February 29, 2012, 12:57:58 pm »
To be honest, I think the press have ignored this game up till the squad was announced and don't really care at the moment. I don't think there were calls for players in or out due to that, just some puzzlement for a few (like Campbell). Usually, we would have had massive calls for Richards to be picked after his Capello exile but there hasn't been the usual press demands/debate. I agree there were calls for Walker awhile ago but not as loud as for Richards, I don't think Walker's inclusion was considered an issue for this one, it was generally expected to happen. Cleverly? Nobody seemed to predict. Or even want. Had he been fit for a month and this been a game anyone cared about, there might well have been calls.

Every England manager is supposedly under the press thumb. Usually because people disagree with their choice and think the player is a media favourite. While somehow that fan's clubs own players never get counted as such but anyone anyway linked with rivals do. Apparently Sven, McClaren (ok he was awed by the press), Capello the well known weakling and now Pearce all left their independence outside, despite different temperaments, belief's and backgrounds and became under the thumb of the media. Even when they make surprise choices or pick players the press have long turned against.

Fair enough mate, I actually do think that the press are a huge influence in our game and not just nationally, domestically also but when it comes to England, the managers seem to want to play the game and it's been reflected in various selections over the years. And getting praised for being young, English and playing for certain clubs automatically means the calls for international call ups start. Probably not the thread for it though. But you're right in that this particularly squad was on the back burner given Capello's resignation and the understanding that this is Pearce's one and only squad.
« Last Edit: February 29, 2012, 01:02:45 pm by Hazell »
We have to change from doubter to believer. Now.

Offline sattapaartridge

• The new 'pete price' of RAWK.
  • Legacy Fan
  • @sattapaal
« Reply #324 on: February 29, 2012, 12:58:04 pm »
Jeez, the death of England has just happened.

Parker is gash.
did you know that 10 x 2 and 11 x 2 have the same answer?

Offline sinnermichael

• I copy other people's photoshops and twitter posts and texts and pretend they're mine.
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #325 on: February 29, 2012, 12:58:34 pm »
the circus that goes with being the england captain is beyond a joke. who actually gives a shit really apart from the morons in the press?

Offline jason67

• He likes the 15cm morning glory boy!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #326 on: February 29, 2012, 12:59:51 pm »
Pearce and Parker are living proof that even if you win fuck all in your career, the Ingurland set up will always reward you. What a joke.
At last the TRUTH 26th April 2016

Still don't buy the s*n.

Offline Gobias Industries

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #327 on: February 29, 2012, 01:03:37 pm »
It was always going to happen. Even I could see it coming ffs. I've been calling him Future Lifetime England Captain™ Scott "Scotty" Parker. It's blatant to be honest ;D

People should stop getting their knickers in a twist over this. It's meaningless. Gerrard likely wont start. And even if he did, this is hilarious so you should just enjoy seeing an England team managed by Stuart fucking Pearce :lmao and captained by Scott "Scotty" Parker ;D

Online Keith Lard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #328 on: February 29, 2012, 01:03:40 pm »
Pearce and Parker are living proof that even if you win fuck all in your career, the Ingurland set up will always reward you. What a joke.

Tbf the last 2 perm England captains have been John Terry and Rio Ferdinand, with Stevie as the interim. All of whom have won a lot!

In their wisdom, they have decided that maybe giving it someone that has won fuck all might galvanise the team to reach for success. It's inspired.
Pour yourself a drink and enjoy watching a genius in red - John Barnes || https://youtu.be/XEJfzUSH4e4

Offline MagicHat

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #329 on: February 29, 2012, 01:04:09 pm »
Fair enough mate, I actually do think that the press are a huge influence in our game and not just nationally, domestically also but when it comes to England, the managers seem to want to play the game and it's been reflected in various selections over the years. And getting praised for being young, English and playing for certain clubs automatically means the calls for international call ups start. Probably not the thread for it though. But you're right in that this particularly squad was on the back burner given Capello's resignation and the understanding that this is Pearce's one and only squad.

Oh I think the press are hugely influential, in a very damaging way. Just don't think it is in the sphere of player selection (bar getting players banned by the FA in one or two cases), McClaren aside. However as you say, probably not the thread.

Offline Upinsmoke

• Is a grump, get used to it.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #330 on: February 29, 2012, 01:04:51 pm »
What a joke. Please retire from that shite gerrard and bring downing and glen with you.

Offline CallumLFC

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #331 on: February 29, 2012, 01:06:24 pm »
Babel  :lmao

Offline CorKopite

• a tool who can't spell
  • Legacy Fan
  • The house that Shanks built.
« Reply #332 on: February 29, 2012, 01:09:22 pm »
:lmao :lmao This Parker wankfest is just hilarious really, 10 caps and doesn't even captain his club side and you overlook Steven Gerrard, who has 9 times as many caps as Parker, has won far more than he ever has and is just back from captaining his side to another trophy on Sunday. Don't really give a shit but it's still funny how much this "brave brave lionhearted Scotty Parker" view as really taken off.
Bill Shankly-"I know this is a sad occasion but I think that Dixie would be amazed that even in death he could draw a bigger crowd than Everton can on a Saturday afternoon"

Mitch Hedberg-"Dogs are forever in the push up position"

Offline Hazell

• Ultimate Movie Night Draft Winner 2017. King - or Queen - of Mystery. Hyzenthlay. The 5th Benitle's sex conch.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #333 on: February 29, 2012, 01:13:04 pm »
Oh I think the press are hugely influential, in a very damaging way. Just don't think it is in the sphere of player selection (bar getting players banned by the FA in one or two cases), McClaren aside. However as you say, probably not the thread.

Sound. Out of interest, who do you think should be captain? I don't think it's nearly as important as made out in this country and I'm slightly biased so Gerrard would have been my choice. Saying that, Joe Hart is likely to be around for years and seems to be able to handle himself well so maybe he should have been given it.

Offline Upinsmoke

• Is a grump, get used to it.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #334 on: February 29, 2012, 01:21:49 pm »
:lmao :lmao This Parker wankfest is just hilarious really, 10 caps and doesn't even captain his club side and you overlook Steven Gerrard, who has 9 times as many caps as Parker, has won far more than he ever has and is just back from captaining his side to another trophy on Sunday. Don't really give a shit but it's still funny how much this "brave brave lionhearted Scotty Parker" view as really taken off.

I care, not because its england so much but because you choose scott parker over gerrard, its a slap in the face in my opinion. He should of withdrawn from this friendly because he played 120 minutes a few days ago and still doesnt look 100 percent fit imo. I'd retire from this shite, honestly would. Liverpool is more important and gerrard knows that, there not gonna win shit anyway and the fans are cocks.

Offline Father Ted

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #335 on: February 29, 2012, 01:24:36 pm »
Scotty Parker will be dropped onto the field of play from an Avro Lancaster like a bouncing bomb, draped in a St.Georges flag and smoking a pipe. An entrance befitting of history's greatest Englishman.

Offline Hazell

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #336 on: February 29, 2012, 01:24:52 pm »
I care, not because its england so much but because you choose scott parker over gerrard, its a slap in the face in my opinion. He should of withdrawn from this friendly because he played 120 minutes a few days ago and still doesnt look 100 percent fit imo. I'd retire from this shite, honestly would. Liverpool is more important and gerrard knows that, there not gonna win shit anyway and the fans are cocks.

Gerrard loves playing for England and unlike us, he'll be happy to have been selected for tonight. He wanted the captaincy and could very well still get it for the summer but more importantly he'll want to play in the Euro's and I'm sure he thinks England have got the chance to win it. That's just the kind of person he is. I'd love it if all our players jibbed it off but realistically that's not going to happen.

Offline KERRYKOP

• KerryKop - Fiendish Bunny Slayer, Enemy Of The Lapine Race and founder of the Benitez band. Mugs old ladies for their kindles. Grindr fiend.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • RIP Páidí Ó Sé
« Reply #337 on: February 29, 2012, 01:26:07 pm »
Hi Im Steven Gerrard. Iv won too many cups to even mention. Iv been captaining Liverpool since I was about 23. I was captain when we won the champions league when I inspired a comeback from 3-0 down. I also captained the team to a comeback against west ham in the fa cup final the following year in which I scored 2 goals. One in the last minute from about 30 yards to win us the game.I got my 1st cap for England at 20. I was top scorer for England in the 2004 world cup. I captained the side in the 2010 world cup and was England's player of the tournament.

Hi Im Scott Parker. I have no experience on the big stage having only played in Europe with Chelsea for a few games nearly 10 years ago. Iv won nothing and Im not even captain of my club. I was 30 before I broke into the English team but I should be captain anyway because that's what knuckle draggers and mouth breathers want.

England are beyond a farce

Offline jDJ

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #338 on: February 29, 2012, 01:30:47 pm »
It was a great opportunity for the FA to end this tiresome fcking nonsense about the England captain by just saying the captain will be the person who's won the most caps - tomorrow would have been Ashley Cole.

Joe Hart might have otherwise been a sensible choice as he's likely to be a mainstay of the team for another 10 years.  But nope, we've made a controversial choice, possibly p1ssed off a key player, we'll have to go through the same thing in a couple of years time when presumably Scott Parker will be coming to the end of his career and the actual benefit to the team will zip, nada. 

Offline KERRYKOP

• KerryKop - Fiendish Bunny Slayer, Enemy Of The Lapine Race and founder of the Benitez band. Mugs old ladies for their kindles. Grindr fiend.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • RIP Páidí Ó Sé
« Reply #339 on: February 29, 2012, 01:33:48 pm »
Joe Hart might have otherwise been a sensible choice as he's likely to be a mainstay of the team for another 10 years.
Ya heap more pressure on your goalkeeper as if it isn't bad enough. You're all off your heads over there!

Captaincy actually means very little, God knows why its such a big deal in England.

Offline El_Pistolero

• Has authorised the people of Newcastle to serial fellate him in a modern day Annabel Chong style nosh-a-thon.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #340 on: February 29, 2012, 01:34:18 pm »
Ryan's cracking me up.

Ryan Babel ‏ @RyanBabel

So #Babel4EnglandManager And I'm wearing a suit, my assistant will be Rafa Benitez, he will give the tactics

:lmao

I love Ryan.

Offline sminp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #341 on: February 29, 2012, 01:41:28 pm »
Should have been Gerrard and if he isn't starting then Joe Hart. Parker wouldn't have even been close, didn't realise he was even being considered.
My Betfair referal code for anyone who wants it: R6K4MTAQM (You get a Ł25 free bet)

"Liverpool are magic, Everton are tragic."
"It was like playing in a foreign country." Ian Rush on his time with Juventus in Italy
"Don't worry Alan. At least you'll be able to play close to a great team!" Bill Shankly to A

Offline MagicHat

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #342 on: February 29, 2012, 01:44:14 pm »
Sound. Out of interest, who do you think should be captain? I don't think it's nearly as important as made out in this country and I'm slightly biased so Gerrard would have been my choice. Saying that, Joe Hart is likely to be around for years and seems to be able to handle himself well so maybe he should have been given it.

Mmmmmm. There is a case for just going to the press "Oh the captaincy? Oh? Uh I guess we will give it to whoever has most caps. Or maybe whoevers birthday is closest. Or maybe a raffle?" Then run. If we take out Gerrard, whom I wouldn't play due to the 120 minutes on Sunday, there aren't many candidates. Would not give it to Hart because I fear he is due a great fall during the Euro's and he will not be helped by the pressure of the captaincy over any extra hype build up before hand. With Gerrard out of my thinking, I would probably have defused it by saying, on day one, that most capped player on pitch gets it.

Offline Cpt_Reina

• Vibranium goalie gloves.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #343 on: February 29, 2012, 01:48:59 pm »
Cant wait to see ITVs pre match montage.

Brave Scotty Parker rising from the ashes of the wreckage left behind by that foreign devil Capello.

Offline AndyInVA

• Born in Liverpool, grew up in Yorkshire, live in the States
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Never Forget
« Reply #344 on: February 29, 2012, 01:51:30 pm »
Pearce,

Im done with you already

Offline andspecks

• avers would probably help my analysis
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #345 on: February 29, 2012, 02:10:01 pm »
It doesn't sound like Pearce is planning on resting Stevie...

"I would fully expect Steven to play," said Pearce.

"He has not been on an international football pitch for a long time. It would be folly for a player of his quality not to figure in a game of this magnitude."

Also, Joey Barton
@Joey7Barton: Scott Parker ahead of Steven Gerrard........I'm speechless. #whatafarce

Offline Ciara (with a capital "C")

• Not fussed on Krispy Kremes
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Taylor Swift is fucking awesome. #FreeAdnan
« Reply #346 on: February 29, 2012, 02:10:30 pm »
He had an outstanding season last year (regardless of West Ham being relegated) and he has settled straight into Spurs' midfield and been a major part of where they are now.

It's embarrassing seeing the hate towards this guy because 'our Stevie' didn't get it. But we don't care - we aren't English, we are Scouse etc... So we'll faux hate England and their players and want them to lose and pray that our players are never picked for the national team again.

When in truth, people are annoyed Stevie didn't get it and I'm sure very few of you would begrudge him captaining England to success in the Euros.

It's boring and it's ridiculously transparent.

The captain's armband is less important these days... why are people getting so uptight about it?

He has had a great 18 months in terms of footballing performances. He is the complete opposite of John Terry in terms of character. I can easily see why they decided to give it to him.

Offline armchair-fan

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #347 on: February 29, 2012, 02:10:59 pm »
Scotty Parker will be dropped onto the field of play from an Avro Lancaster like a bouncing bomb, draped in a St.Georges flag and smoking a pipe. An entrance befitting of history's greatest Englishman.

For there is none of you so mean and base, That hath not noble lustre in your eyes. I see you stand like greyhounds in the slips, Straining upon the start. The game's afoot: Follow your spirit, and upon this charge Cry 'God for 'arry, England, and Saint George!'

Offline andspecks

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #348 on: February 29, 2012, 02:14:47 pm »
He had an outstanding season last year (regardless of West Ham being relegated) and he has settled straight into Spurs' midfield and been a major part of where they are now.

It's embarrassing seeing the hate towards this guy because 'our Stevie' didn't get it. But we don't care - we aren't English, we are Scouse etc... So we'll faux hate England and their players and want them to lose and pray that our players are never picked for the national team again.

When in truth, people are annoyed Stevie didn't get it and I'm sure very few of you would begrudge him captaining England to success in the Euros.

The captain's armband is less important these days... why are people getting so uptight about it?

He has had a great 18 months in terms of footballing performances. He is the complete opposite of John Terry in terms of character. I can easily see why they decided to give it to him.
So the experience of 10 England caps and captaining a team to relegation tops the experience of 90 England caps and captaining a team to winning the Champions League, a FA Cup, and a Carling Cup?

Offline Barefoot Doctor

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #349 on: February 29, 2012, 02:15:16 pm »
Parker has been with Spurs for six months, don't think we can use him not being captain of them as a stick to beat him with.

And, as said before, Gerrard might not even be starting tonight. In which case, why would he be given the captaincy?

Offline Trada

• Fully paid up member of the JC cult. Ex-Tory boy. Corbyn's Chief Hagiographer. Sometimes hasn't got a kloop.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Trada
« Reply #350 on: February 29, 2012, 02:39:21 pm »

Nothing to do with Stevie I've always hated Parker and England.

Fuck em I always what them to get beaten.

And I'm not Scouse.
Don't blame me I voted for Jeremy Corbyn!!

Miss you Tracy more and more every day xxx

“I carry them with me: what they would have thought and said and done. Make them a part of who I am. So even though they’re gone from the world they’re never gone from me.

Offline Fordy

• Κασσάνδρα. ITK (rubs bridge of nose knowingly)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #351 on: February 29, 2012, 02:42:15 pm »
Parker has been with Spurs for six months, don't think we can use him not being captain of them as a stick to beat him with.

And, as said before, Gerrard might not even be starting tonight. In which case, why would he be given the captaincy?

Oh please!

Starting or not starting then Mr England would of stated Gerrard would of been the captain if he intended to be.

Parker is clearly the captain no matter what. Easy for uncle 'arry to have him as captain as well.

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #352 on: February 29, 2012, 02:45:03 pm »
So the experience of 10 England caps and captaining a team to relegation tops the experience of 90 England caps and captaining a team to winning the Champions League, a FA Cup, and a Carling Cup?

What has Gerrard ever achieved captaining England?

He is not the same player for England, as he is for Liverpool.

He has never reached the same level of performances, for whatever reason.

Ashley Cole is the most capped England player, should we just give it to him? Of course not.

Offline No Appreciation of Liverpool Opposition

• Won't get out of bed for Palace. Gimme an N! Gimme a U! Gimme an M! (yet still needs it spelt out!)
  • No new LFC topics
  • Legacy Fan
    • My blog
« Reply #353 on: February 29, 2012, 02:47:29 pm »
Nothing to do with Stevie I've always hated Parker and England.

Fuck em I always what them to get beaten.

And I'm not Scouse.
what the hell could you possibly have against parker?
furthermore i dont understand why people want their national team to lose, we have what is it five players on the team? i want them to win.
I fell in love with football as I would later fall in love with women: suddenly, uncritically, giving no thought to the pain it would bring

Gaston Ramirez.

Offline Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #354 on: February 29, 2012, 02:47:29 pm »
Who cares, really?  Did any of us really want Gerrard to be captain and take all the flak when things go pear shaped?  This is ideal for us.  With luck he can now retire from Int footie after the Euros and leave somebody else to worry about the sorry mess.  I'm made up me.  England have got the set up they deserve.
I don't always visit Lobster Pot.  But when I do. I sit.

Popcorn's Art

Offline Shaun101

• Didn't take up his ticket for the Screen Sports Super Cup
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
  • Where did I leave it?
« Reply #355 on: February 29, 2012, 02:56:08 pm »
Could not give a shit personally but if Stevie wanted it then it is a slap in the face based on the head to head qualities of each to lead even drag a team by it's neck - I think this has a lot to do with the press wanting a London based captain and a covert nod to Redknapp ..Who wants to trapse up north every time to speak with the England Skipper. It was different when Bryan Robson was skipper he took all the press boys out on the lash.

Would rather Stevie focused on us. International football has cost us in the past, let the Landan wankfest continue, it done Engurland loads of good in the 70's.

Ronald McNasty's former pin up boy now Engerlund Skipper, so what. 

Offline andspecks

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #356 on: February 29, 2012, 03:11:08 pm »
What has Gerrard ever achieved captaining England?

He is not the same player for England, as he is for Liverpool.

He has never reached the same level of performances, for whatever reason.

Ashley Cole is the most capped England player, should we just give it to him? Of course not.

What has Parker done for England to deserve the armband then if this the logic you're using then?

Also I can only think of a few times when Stevie has been used properly with England. (like after Lampard went off v Hungary and Stevie scored twice.)

Offline Trada

• Fully paid up member of the JC cult. Ex-Tory boy. Corbyn's Chief Hagiographer. Sometimes hasn't got a kloop.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Trada
« Reply #357 on: February 29, 2012, 03:20:45 pm »
what the hell could you possibly have against parker?
furthermore i dont understand why people want their national team to lose, we have what is it five players on the team? i want them to win.

His hairstyle for a start I'm shallow like that.

And the fact thats its now gone from brave John Terry to brave Scott Parker Engerland is just total hype and no substance.
« Last Edit: February 29, 2012, 03:24:54 pm by Trada »
Don't blame me I voted for Jeremy Corbyn!!

Miss you Tracy more and more every day xxx

“I carry them with me: what they would have thought and said and done. Make them a part of who I am. So even though they’re gone from the world they’re never gone from me.

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #358 on: February 29, 2012, 03:23:51 pm »
What has Parker done for England to deserve the armband then if this the logic you're using then?

Also I can only think of a few times when Stevie has been used properly with England. (like after Lampard went off v Hungary and Stevie scored twice.)

Parker is a fresh face who deserves his chance. England have tried and failed miserably with other captains - Gerrard, Terry etc... why not give it to someone else? They are both great Club captains - means fuck all at International level. I honestly don't believe a captain is the difference between winning and losing an International tournament.

Parker wouldn't be my number one choice, but he can't do any worse than those before him.

Offline Hunter Thompson

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Possibilities, no?
« Reply #359 on: February 29, 2012, 03:27:17 pm »
If it weren't for Scott Parker you would all be speaking German right now. Show some bloody respect.