Author Topic: England v Netherlands  (Read 79744 times)

Offline timmyonions

• Legacy Fan
  • Justice for the 96
    • timmyonions@gmail.com
Re: England v Netherlands
« Reply #280 on: February 29, 2012, 11:54:59 am »
Who gives a shit who gets the armband?

We all claim to not care less about the England team then cry foul when Parker gets the armband.

That right peg hits it and you see the future arc of the ball and time goes al gluey like a Dali painting, and for a second there's a 20yr old StevenGerrard and your young self cheering him on through the prism. His big smile fades in an the net is shivering and J.Hart's trying not to look grateful for the privilege of being that close to greatness

Offline kelevra

• Legacy Fan
  • You come at the king, you best not miss
« Reply #281 on: February 29, 2012, 11:55:34 am »
Hahaha go on Ryan

Ryan Babel ‏ @RyanBabel
I see it already happen Xavi laughing in his mind standing infront of Parker before the game with the refs thinking " Who's he ? " Lol

Twitter - https://twitter.com/NickyGarewal

Controversially, if it came down to a choice between selling Suarez and selling Carroll, I’d sell Suarez.

Offline AnyGivenSunday

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #282 on: February 29, 2012, 11:56:22 am »
Good news.  That should mean that Stevie won't start the game

Offline Antics

• Roadshow
  • Legacy Fan
  • This is what you'll get when you mess with us.
« Reply #283 on: February 29, 2012, 11:56:47 am »
They'll be wanking over themselves as they've been calling for it for a while and Pearce seems to have made his squad selection and now captain on what they say. He's not the worst choice IMO but not the best either. Like you say though, there'll be a huge celebration tonight. All hail Super Scott Parker!

Hahahah, I thought I had mentally erased all evidence of that article's existence. Now look what you've gone and done!

Offline Hazell

• Ultimate Movie Night Draft Winner 2017. King - or Queen - of Mystery. Hyzenthlay. The 5th Benitle's sex conch.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #284 on: February 29, 2012, 11:57:23 am »
Then why is Frazier Campbell, among a few others, in the squad? Barry, Walcott and Downing are hardly media favourites right now, unlike say Oxlade-Chamberlin. Personally thought a lot of the media wanted Hart to get the armband as well.

There's been a few calls for Hart but Parker's been equally if not more trumpeted. Oxlade-Chamberlain I'll give you but the others are England regulars who no one in the media to my recollection has been saying shouldn't be in the squad. Downing I think played well against Sweden in the last game and Walcott was being praised as recently as yesterday by Henry Winter on the radio. Barry plays for the league leaders. You only have to look at Cleverley's inclusion for the clearest example of that selection policy. Frazier Campbell's an odd one but there's a dearth of top England strikers right now bar Rooney and I can't recall any shouts for anyone else who plays there. And Rooney's an odd one too, given he's a guaranteed starter in competitive games anyway and won't be available for the next two.
« Last Edit: February 29, 2012, 12:02:15 pm by Hazell »
We have to change from doubter to believer. Now.

Offline MagicHat

• Seeks SingleBunny For Professional Relationship And Cosy Nights In
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #285 on: February 29, 2012, 11:58:33 am »
I'm sure I heard that Oxlade-Chamberlin was going to be included in the U21 squad as they've got an important qualifier this evening.

Yep. I think Pearce even told the media that and mentioned a few names like Henderson and Butland who might have got in the senoir squad otherwise.

However the media, who Pearce is apparently bowing to, don't care for the U21's

Offline Camarero25

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #286 on: February 29, 2012, 11:58:56 am »
Hahaha go on Ryan

Ryan Babel ‏ @RyanBabel
I see it already happen Xavi laughing in his mind standing infront of Parker before the game with the refs thinking " Who's he ? " Lol

:lmao

Offline AlphaDelta

• Creepy, geeky, recidivist hose-spotter, checking out the size of your engine as we speak......
  • Legacy Fan
  • People's Republic of Liverpool
« Reply #287 on: February 29, 2012, 12:01:40 pm »
This was on the cards from the moment the media decided THEY wanted Scott Parker as captain, then of course the media's lapdog Harry "Rosie" Redknapp crowed "good old Scotty, goes to bed early, loves his family, and he watches Antiques Roadshow on a Sunday night."
The British press run the England set up, because the FA is nothing but a circus full of men in suits who quite frankly have the back-bone of a jellyfish!

In a way, I am glad Stevie isnt the captain, because when England fail again, which they will, the press and the fickle Southern idiots will turn on that brave boy Parker. However....I do think that picking a player who is the same age as Gerrard, but only has 10 caps since 2003, is a bit of a slap in the face for Stevie, and for that reason alone he should tell them to shove the whole thing up their arses.

My own personal view, and I believe the view of many of us on here; who actually gives a fook about England? Its full of egotistical pricks with huge bank balances who firmly believe they are world class players, when they clearly arent.

I support Liverpool Football Club, and nobody else.
"I ask that you believe in this team and believe that together we can achieve great things."

Offline GBF

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The only religion with a God that you can touch!
« Reply #288 on: February 29, 2012, 12:02:01 pm »
Parker :lmao :lmao :lmao

Common Holland
01111001 01101111 01110101 00100111 01101100 01101100 00100000 01101110 01100101 01110110 01100101 01110010 00100000 01110111 01100001 01101100 01101011 00100000 01100001 01101100 01101111 01101110 01100101

Offline Old No7

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #289 on: February 29, 2012, 12:02:52 pm »
Brave Scotty Parker will lead Ingurland in to battle tonight.

God bless him.

Good, hopefully this encourages Gerrard to retire from international football after the Euros

Offline Gene

• Severe Tropical Cyclone (RSMC Nadi designation:12F JTWC designation:15P)
  • Kopite
  • YNWA
« Reply #290 on: February 29, 2012, 12:03:27 pm »
In a way, I am glad Stevie isnt the captain, because when England fail again, which they will, the press and the fickle Southern idiots will turn on that brave boy Parker.

No, the headlines will read... "England lets Parker down."
'Liverpool was made for me and I was made for Liverpool.'

Offline AriGold

• David James's stunt double
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hendo is boss.
« Reply #291 on: February 29, 2012, 12:06:32 pm »
Thankfully Stevie won't be starting then.
DON'T BUY THE S*N!

Twitter... www.twitter.com/wickolfc

Offline kelevra

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #292 on: February 29, 2012, 12:08:26 pm »
Babel is getting well involved

Ryan Babel ‏ @RyanBabel
I got 40 caps for Holland.. I think I should atleast wear the band once don't u think ? LMAO

Controversially, if it came down to a choice between selling Suarez and selling Carroll, I’d sell Suarez.

Offline Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #293 on: February 29, 2012, 12:08:38 pm »
It does seem a joke. BUT…

It’s only for the one game under Pearce isn’t it? And given the 120 minutes at the weekend I assume Gerrard won’t be starting tonight. If he did start then maybe he would have been captain.

Am I missing something?

Offline MagicHat

• Seeks SingleBunny For Professional Relationship And Cosy Nights In
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #294 on: February 29, 2012, 12:08:55 pm »
There's been a few calls for Hart but Parker's been equally if not more trumpeted. Oxlade-Chamberlain I'll give you but the others are England regulars who no one in the media to my recollection has been saying shouldn't be in the squad. Downing I think played well against Sweden in the last game and Walcott was being praised as recently as yesterday by Henry Winter on the radio. Barry plays for the league leaders. You only have to look at Cleverley's inclusion for the clearest example of that selection policy. Frazier Campbell's an odd one but there's a dearth of top England strikers right now bar Rooney and I can't recall any shouts for anyone else who plays there. And Rooney's an odd one too, given he's a guaranteed starter in competitive games anyway and won't be available for the first next two.

Ok, fair enough with Parker and the media.

Downing did well that game but he has been one of those the press point to when questioning Liverpool's transfer policy. Walcott has long been out of favour with the press for England and was picked before the Spurs game while that was still the case, now the press have reacted to the abuse they heard from the Arsenal fans. Barry is one of the more scapegoat regulars in the England squad, too slow and so on, should be replaced and so on. Cleverly was not a media pick, they may overatted the player but they were not calling for his inclusion as he was only just fit, something like Rodwell strikes me as more the media choice.

I agree there is a derth of quality English strikers but I think the press would have preferred Crouch, who has fans in the media, or Defoe. Or perhaps Agbonlahor. Certainly not Campbell. As for Rooney, yeah wasn't a fan of that choice and while I can see the logic behind Pearce's defence of picking him, basically that Rooney would have gone several months without playing an international then be thrown in for the crunch game and expected to fit seamlessly back in, I still wouldn't have taken him.

Offline The G in Gerrard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #295 on: February 29, 2012, 12:13:44 pm »
Hahaha go on Ryan

Ryan Babel ‏ @RyanBabel

:D

Offline CornerFlag

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #296 on: February 29, 2012, 12:17:39 pm »
Bit Machiavellian that, seeing as Pearce will be lucky to last until the euros, whereupon you can guarantee he'll be shit and get sacked, thus leading to another search for another manager who'll want another captain and the whole ultra tedious circus will start again.
A little bit, but makes sense if 'arry's gonna be the manager post-Euros...
My Twitter

Last time I went there I saw masturbating chimpanzees. Whether you think that's worthy of £22 is up to you. All I'll say is I now have an annual pass.

Offline Ultimate Bromance

• The Crab
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #297 on: February 29, 2012, 12:19:47 pm »
Fucking love Babel :lmao
Clear Eyes, Full Hearts, Can't Lose.

Offline kelevra

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #298 on: February 29, 2012, 12:22:46 pm »
Fucking love Babel :lmao
He is now asking for the squad and is going to come up with his formation and team!

Offline Trada

• Fully paid up member of the JC cult. Ex-Tory boy. Corbyn's Chief Hagiographer. Sometimes hasn't got a kloop.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Trada
« Reply #299 on: February 29, 2012, 12:24:39 pm »
Must admit one thing that is winding me up journalists saying at least Parker is a man of integrity do they mean by that Gerrard isn't?
Don't blame me I voted for Jeremy Corbyn!!

Miss you Tracy more and more every day xxx

“I carry them with me: what they would have thought and said and done. Make them a part of who I am. So even though they’re gone from the world they’re never gone from me.

Offline Elzar

• train station gate frustration - delia smith fan club founder ('ave it!)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bam!
« Reply #300 on: February 29, 2012, 12:26:52 pm »
It does seem a joke. BUT…

It’s only for the one game under Pearce isn’t it? And given the 120 minutes at the weekend I assume Gerrard won’t be starting tonight. If he did start then maybe he would have been captain.

Am I missing something?

But Gerrard should be captain from the bench.

We already have shit in the country, and the game of Liverpool fills life with joy. Thanks

Offline Fuzion6

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #301 on: February 29, 2012, 12:27:50 pm »
Ryan Babel is hilarious...love the Xavi line.

Offline rowan_d

• boat. Señor Paolo de Souza-Farquharson :)
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #302 on: February 29, 2012, 12:28:15 pm »
Trolling Babel is best Babel

Offline Butcher Knife Roberto

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hare Krishna
« Reply #303 on: February 29, 2012, 12:31:23 pm »
He should walk away because

a) England FC are bellends
b) The FA are bellends
c) The media are bellends
d) The Engerlund fans are bellends
e) He should save himself for LFC and have the summer off to come back fighting fresh and raring to go

Personally I think if he plays in Euro 2012 then he'll come back injured and will play less than half a season for us again. He's got a massive chance here to end his career on a high and the length of that career is up to him. If he plays for England - you can knock 2 maybe three seasons off.

Absolutely 100% agree. Deep down, does Stevie really, truly, honestly believe that England have a chance at the Euros, especially considering that half the team will probably be missing during the qualifying round? By telling them to stick it he would be doing us all a massive favour, while getting his summer off and a decent rest before next season.

England are a fucking circus, always have been and always will be. He's better off out of it all. No doubt that nomark Pearce would put on a brave face but without their best midfielder they would have absolutely no chance.

As for Scott Parker, I just want to roll about on the floor laughing. If ever there was a stronger signal that the southern mafia are back in full control of the Ingerlund set up then this is it. Stinks of Redknapp's involvement. I mean, who else would you want leading your team - a 31 year old with 89 caps, a CL winners medal and a host of other achievements over a glittering career, or a 31 year old with 10 caps, largely overlooked by the national team over his career and who has won the Intertoto cup and precisely dick all else? While we're at it, as Thommo would say, lay your medals on the table Pearce, what the fuck have you done over your career except shake your fist during a game 15 years ago?

Total load of bollocks, thank fuck I don't give a shit about England. Go on you crazy Dutch bastards, rip them a new arsehole tonight.

Offline Hazell

• Ultimate Movie Night Draft Winner 2017. King - or Queen - of Mystery. Hyzenthlay. The 5th Benitle's sex conch.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #304 on: February 29, 2012, 12:34:13 pm »
Ok, fair enough with Parker and the media.

Downing did well that game but he has been one of those the press point to when questioning Liverpool's transfer policy. Walcott has long been out of favour with the press for England and was picked before the Spurs game while that was still the case, now the press have reacted to the abuse they heard from the Arsenal fans. Barry is one of the more scapegoat regulars in the England squad, too slow and so on, should be replaced and so on. Cleverly was not a media pick, they may overatted the player but they were not calling for his inclusion as he was only just fit, something like Rodwell strikes me as more the media choice.

I agree there is a derth of quality English strikers but I think the press would have preferred Crouch, who has fans in the media, or Defoe. Or perhaps Agbonlahor. Certainly not Campbell. As for Rooney, yeah wasn't a fan of that choice and while I can see the logic behind Pearce's defence of picking him, basically that Rooney would have gone several months without playing an international then be thrown in for the crunch game and expected to fit seamlessly back in, I still wouldn't have taken him.

You make some good points but I don't think there's been many in the media who are actively calling for the exclusion of those players, more calling for the inclusion of others, such as Walker or Cleverly, the latter, who being heavily feted by the media for being young, English and playing for a big club naturally leads to calls for international recognition (the same thing has happened with Smalling and Jones). Which leads to the likes of Crouch and Defoe who aren't that popular anymore either playing for an unfashionable club or not playing at all and I can't recall much clamour for their inclusion. Frazier Campbell has at least youth on his side but he's also played for Man Utd, which may sound like paranoid LFC bias, but all the same, the examples of other players in that boat being picked in England squads is difficult to ignore.

Offline Hazell

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #305 on: February 29, 2012, 12:35:26 pm »
Must admit one thing that is winding me up journalists saying at least Parker is a man of integrity do they mean by that Gerrard isn't?

What does that even mean? Aren't most players in the same boat?

Offline HarryLabrador

• went broke, so had to get the retrievers in.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #306 on: February 29, 2012, 12:37:10 pm »

He's a young and upcoming talent. Gerrard should just walk away now I think.

They are the same age. But Gerrard isn't from landan.
SoS Membership Number: 387

Offline Red_Rich

• Legacy Fan
  • Fan since Liverpool 5 Stoke 3 in 1976
« Reply #307 on: February 29, 2012, 12:39:08 pm »

This is all that matters.  Couldn't give a fuck about Team London.  I only show a passing interest because of the Liverpool players involvement but that's usual just momitoring that they dont get injured.  Hate imternational football in the middle of the season.
United used to win titles on easy street, time for us to take over that real estate

Offline ashleyrose-66

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Back on our perch!
« Reply #308 on: February 29, 2012, 12:43:47 pm »
Is this the same England captaincy that was shared amongst FOUR players in ONE game in 2003?

Or the same England captaincy that was "rotated" when Capello took over as England manager in 2008?

Why are people being so precious over who wears the armband and therefore has the responsibility of calling "heads or tails" before a meaningless match at Wembley tonight?    The game is pointless, the captain is pointless.  It really doesn't matter!

And if all this means Gerrard decides he has had enough of being fucked over by The FA and retires from international football, then I'll drive to Wembley and hand Parker a fucking gold-plated armband myself!!

Offline GBF

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The only religion with a God that you can touch!
« Reply #309 on: February 29, 2012, 12:43:54 pm »
according Sugar, it is the press who pressured FA into this decision
01111001 01101111 01110101 00100111 01101100 01101100 00100000 01101110 01100101 01110110 01100101 01110010 00100000 01110111 01100001 01101100 01101011 00100000 01100001 01101100 01101111 01101110 01100101

Online Fordy

• Κασσάνδρα. ITK (rubs bridge of nose knowingly)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #310 on: February 29, 2012, 12:44:58 pm »
Time for stevie to call it a day from international footy.

Always thought he should get his 100 caps then quit but now for me he should go to euros then fuck them off.

Seriously if anyone wants to know why England is for southerners then this is a prime example.

Offline Camarero25

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #311 on: February 29, 2012, 12:45:23 pm »
What does that even mean? Aren't most players in the same boat?

He's a family man for Christ's sake.

Offline Keith Lard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #312 on: February 29, 2012, 12:45:39 pm »
Ryan Babel :) What to say? ... Ryan Babel ;D Our honorary RAWK troll representative ;D
Pour yourself a drink and enjoy watching a genius in red - John Barnes || https://youtu.be/XEJfzUSH4e4

Offline Fanxxxxtastic

• Will be very sadly missed on RAWK and elsewhere.
  • RAWK Remembers
  • Legacy Fan
  • I'm a proud cyber terrorist!
« Reply #313 on: February 29, 2012, 12:46:15 pm »
Ryan's cracking me up.

Ryan Babel ‏ @RyanBabel

So #Babel4EnglandManager And I'm wearing a suit, my assistant will be Rafa Benitez, he will give the tactics
http://twitter.com/Fanxxxxtastic

"A big heart has space for everyone" - Rafa Benitez

Smash the cull!  Smash the BNP!

Offline Rohit

• nol
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #314 on: February 29, 2012, 12:47:47 pm »
Hope gerrard doesn't play tonight anyway, not with van bommel on the pitch.

Offline rowan_d

• boat. Señor Paolo de Souza-Farquharson :)
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #315 on: February 29, 2012, 12:48:45 pm »
Ryan's cracking me up.

Ryan Babel ‏ @RyanBabel

So #Babel4EnglandManager And I'm wearing a suit, my assistant will be Rafa Benitez, he will give the tactics

Awesome. Does he ever talk about Rafa on twitter?

Offline Lee-87

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #316 on: February 29, 2012, 12:49:05 pm »
Ryan's cracking me up.

Ryan Babel ‏ @RyanBabel

Is he pissed or always like this? seen people post the odds twit here and there, but never had a twitter so not a regular reader.

He's deffo gave me a good few laughs in this thread over the past 10 minutes, Keep it up Ryan  ;D

Offline Hazell

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #317 on: February 29, 2012, 12:49:55 pm »
He's a family man for Christ's sake.

Yeah, but not sure advertising McNasty's is a good thing.

Offline INABITSKI

• An own-nut-fondling manly man's wool. Possibly.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #318 on: February 29, 2012, 12:51:07 pm »

Hopefully.

Offline Keith Lard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #319 on: February 29, 2012, 12:51:11 pm »
I desperately want Stuart Pearce to be England manager for the Euros. Please let it happen. It would be so entertaining.

Pour yourself a drink and enjoy watching a genius in red - John Barnes || https://youtu.be/XEJfzUSH4e4