Author Topic: England v Netherlands  (Read 79747 times)

Offline sinnermichael

• I copy other people's photoshops and twitter posts and texts and pretend they're mine.
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: England v Netherlands
« Reply #1840 on: March 1, 2012, 05:18:17 pm »
according to durham it's "a crime" that england are overlooking a guy who's "running manchester united's midfield" in michael carrick.

funny that because from what i've seen scholes and giggs are still their best two midfield players by a country mile.

Offline Lent§

• RAWK Stuff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1841 on: March 1, 2012, 05:23:27 pm »
according to durham it's "a crime" that england are overlooking a guy who's "running manchester united's midfield" in michael carrick.

funny that because from what i've seen scholes and giggs are still their best two midfield players by a country mile.
You're wrong, i'm no fan of Carrick but he's been superb for them this season.
psn = Lents123

Offline thegoodfella

• makes reindeer pizza
  • Legacy Fan
  • ...siempre es posible
« Reply #1842 on: March 1, 2012, 05:36:47 pm »
You're wrong, i'm no fan of Carrick but he's been superb for them this season.

So good that Scholes had to come out of retirement? ;D

Offline firing squad

• Thinks he's a dog with spots.
  • Legacy Fan
  • People's Republic of Dalmatia
« Reply #1843 on: March 1, 2012, 05:36:51 pm »

actually it's a crime that the entire manchester united team isn't being called(the foreign players should get English papers) up with Ferguson as manager.

England United.
"The trouble with quotes on the Internet is that you never know if they are genuine." - Bill Shankly

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Metkovi%C4%87

http://www.lfccro.com/

Offline Lent§

• RAWK Stuff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1844 on: March 1, 2012, 05:37:35 pm »
So good that Scholes had to come out of retirement? ;D
Scholes was replacing Michel Platini Tom Cleverly ;)
psn = Lents123

Offline Samee

• الذين اذا اصابتهم مصيبة قالوا انا لله وانا &#
  • RAWK Remembers
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1845 on: March 1, 2012, 05:50:12 pm »

As long as Scholes is retired from international football Carrick should be the player starting alongside Parker. He's been in very good form this season and his ball retention is top notch. How Barry is ahead of him I don't know.
@Samee
In Leicester?
if city win the CL or the prem league in the next 3 years, I'll eat my own poo.

Offline Popcorn

• Sore bollocks
  • Legacy Fan
  • It's attached to your rod Motherlicker
« Reply #1846 on: March 1, 2012, 05:56:27 pm »
Barry's been playing well this season too though tbf to him. Carrick defo deserves a seat on the plane this summer especially if it's Cleverly who's ahead of him.

Lampard will obviously go too, I'd leave him at home though.

Offline KevLFC

• Doesn't know the offside laws
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1847 on: March 1, 2012, 06:45:35 pm »
The media are ruining Scott Parker.  He is a good player but these guys have to portray him as some saviour or link him in some way to heroism.

He doesn't need the attention, just let him get on with it.

How are the media runing Parker ffs? who said he was their saviour?. I do admit they go a bit over the top in some games but surely they do the same to Gerrard, Rooney etc.

Offline gallden

• bols
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1848 on: March 1, 2012, 07:03:54 pm »
Can someone make the GIF of Kuyt smashing Englands Brave Scotty Parker there at the end?

Offline scatman

• Slutty enough to make Jordan blush - and hard enough to piss in the wrong bush! Missing a shift key.
  • Legacy Fan
  • This is my world, you just WORK here :D
    • directions to football stadiums
« Reply #1849 on: March 1, 2012, 07:27:19 pm »
would anyone be unhappy with Huntelaar in the summer?
Would sacrifice Fordy in a sacred Mayan ritual to have him as the next Liverpool manager
Football stadiums in England

Offline firing squad

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1850 on: March 1, 2012, 07:28:56 pm »
would anyone be unhappy with Huntelaar in the summer?
only if he fixes the teeth. I want him looking like a psychotic hockey player. ;D
"The trouble with quotes on the Internet is that you never know if they are genuine." - Bill Shankly

Offline Semi Skimmed

• Anny Roader
« Reply #1851 on: March 1, 2012, 08:26:30 pm »
How are the media runing Parker ffs? who said he was their saviour?. I do admit they go a bit over the top in some games but surely they do the same to Gerrard, Rooney etc.

You telling me you'd see shite like this about Gerrard, or Rooney, after ten caps? No chance mate, it's much worse with him.

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11979/7493847/Arise-captain-Scott

Offline firing squad

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1852 on: March 1, 2012, 09:52:57 pm »
You telling me you'd see shite like this about Gerrard, or Rooney, after ten caps? No chance mate, it's much worse with him.

I refuse to believe that this is a serious article.

Offline fowlermagic

• Ilittarate
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1853 on: March 1, 2012, 11:59:04 pm »
Was the only game on last night I had access to and what an average side England are right now. They are in dire shape up front without Rooney and cant see SG 3 years off his best in the hole play filling in for the first 2 games.  How they started the game without Sturridge is beyond me and while there was a lot of graft it was hard labour at best. Interesting to see Holland midfield knock it about 10 yards inside Englands half while the England midfield did the same 10 - 15 yards inside their own half struggling to get out. Boys against men
I have a simple philosophy: Fill what's empty. Empty what's full. Scratch where it itches. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zi5-V75v-6I

Offline jaffod

• Living a double life as Billy Bunter after midnight. Has until July 3rd to figure out what from his womans clothing range to wear.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Common beermat and towel thief.
« Reply #1854 on: March 2, 2012, 12:11:14 am »
Was the only game on last night I had access to and what an average side England are right now. They are in dire shape up front without Rooney and cant see SG 3 years off his best in the hole play filling in for the first 2 games.  How they started the game without Sturridge is beyond me and while there was a lot of graft it was hard labour at best. Interesting to see Holland midfield knock it about 10 yards inside Englands half while the England midfield did the same 10 - 15 yards inside their own half struggling to get out. Boys against men

That could have been written at any time from 1970 onwards.

Online Coolie High

• bury Regular. My opinions are facts, FYI. (whisper it but doesn't understand midfielders)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1855 on: March 2, 2012, 01:29:03 am »

They were calling Rooney the White Pele after 10 games.

Offline MidwestWool

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Wool
« Reply #1856 on: March 2, 2012, 01:36:53 am »
LOL, some of you lot look like right pricks now..... :D

Lovely goal.

That is my fav, looking back ;D

Offline KERRYKOP

• KerryKop - Fiendish Bunny Slayer, Enemy Of The Lapine Race and founder of the Benitez band. Mugs old ladies for their kindles. Grindr fiend.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • RIP Páidí Ó Sé
« Reply #1857 on: March 2, 2012, 01:43:58 am »
Football pie all over his shirt

Offline Hank Scorpio

• is really a Virgo, three pinter. Royhendo's stalker.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • POOLCHECK HOMIE
« Reply #1858 on: March 2, 2012, 08:46:20 am »
This may have been said a million times before but England simply do not produce the type of player required to win international tournaments.  There are so many good qualities about English players but from a grass roots level they seem to undervalue the thinker, the player who will make that pass for the good of the team rather than the spectacular. 

It's funny that Carrick has been mentioned because he is the type they are lacking.  And he is often criticised for doing exactly what England need.  He may not be the answer but he is the type of player England need to be successful.  And that won't be corrected by simply making Carrick England captain ala Scott Parker but they need a mental shift at grass roots level.