Author Topic: LFC sign Mamadou Sakho  (Read 306537 times)

Offline schumi_pete

• Main Stander
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: LFC sign Mamadou Sakho
« Reply #1320 on: October 27, 2013, 12:27:11 pm »
Some of those passes he plays out of defence are just wow ! He played one yesterday chipped diagonally to Stevie in the first half when he had West Brom players closing him down..his composure under pressure is very impressive.

Offline Redcap

• Legacy Fan
  • You wrote a bad song Petey!
« Reply #1321 on: October 27, 2013, 12:40:31 pm »
His passes forward don't often miss, do they? It's been a long, long time since we had such a good set of ball-playing centre halves.

Offline Zoomers

• Legacy Fan
  • Meow
« Reply #1322 on: October 27, 2013, 02:30:50 pm »
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/S9IIEGxhIvc" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/S9IIEGxhIvc</a>

He posted this on his fb account :D
Shut the fuck up and put some respek on Lucas name playboy

Offline jfc

• Kopite
« Reply #1323 on: October 27, 2013, 02:32:36 pm »
You can see how Rodgers seems to like it when he does it, he's always applauding him for picking out a player

Offline CHOPPER

• Bad Tranny with a Chopper. Hello John gotta new Mitre? I'm Jim Davidson in disguise. Undercover Cop (Grammar Division). Does Louis Spence. Well. A giga-c*nt worth of nothing in particular. Hodgson apologist. Astronomical cock. Hug Jacket Distributor
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Not Arsed
« Reply #1324 on: October 27, 2013, 02:38:48 pm »
What a cheeky little flick-pass that was yesterday. ;D  Thats a lad playing with confidence and with only what? 5-6 games under his belt with us.
@ Veinticinco de Mayo The way you talk to other users on this forum is something you should be ashamed of as someone who is suppose to be representing the site.
Martin Kenneth Wild - Part of a family

Offline GlenJohnson2

• Legacy Fan
  • ★ ★ ★ ★ ★
« Reply #1325 on: October 27, 2013, 02:42:25 pm »
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/S9IIEGxhIvc" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/S9IIEGxhIvc</a>

:wellin wish it was me in that car
Manchester United could win fifty titles, but they will always be the Rolling Stones of football. Good, just not quite that band from Liverpool.

You should literally be skinned for such a fucking daft answer :o

Offline Koplord

• No new LFC topics
  • Kopite
« Reply #1326 on: October 27, 2013, 02:48:51 pm »
You can see his quality and he is still so young.

Love how heavy and strong he is in a tackle :D
If I hadn't seen such riches I could live with being poor.

Offline SpartanTree. No deccies or lights.

• Legacy Fan
  • This is ANFIELD !!!
« Reply #1327 on: October 27, 2013, 02:59:47 pm »
You can see his quality and he is still so young.

Love how heavy and strong he is in a tackle :D

Great signing - absolute beast of a player !
'Siempre es posible' - my eyes have seen the glory...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=9OHC7lIfvk4

Physical death I do not fear, death of conscience is a sure death.

Offline Haemoglobin

• The Phantom Drive-By Dunker
  • Legacy Fan
  • Nunca Caminarás Solo
« Reply #1328 on: October 28, 2013, 01:57:45 am »

Seems like such a sweet-natured young man, when he isn't crushing the bones of weakling attackers into dust, and drinking the fresh blood in order to consume their souls and become even more powerful.
"under-promise and over-deliver"

Offline Mr Dilkington

• would rather be too cold than too hot
  • Legacy Fan
  • Never buy the Sun
    • www.level3football.com
« Reply #1329 on: October 28, 2013, 02:24:02 am »
He's brilliant at playing little zipping reverse balls into midfield. He opens his body right up, attackers look at him and think it's getting hoofed, but then he plays a lovely disguised ball inside to one of the midfielders. It's fantastic to see. I think a lot of teams are getting fooled by Sakho. Hopefully it stays that way too.
You change all the lead, sleeping in my head, as the day grows dim, I hear you sing a golden hymn.

Offline Kopenhagen

• Ban hammer of Damocles poised to drop if Everton finish fourth.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1330 on: October 28, 2013, 02:30:19 am »

haha, quality!
"There is no final victory, just as there is no final defeat. There is just the same battle to be fought over and over again."

Offline rushie9

• Kopite
  • FAN FAN
« Reply #1331 on: October 28, 2013, 04:55:03 am »
the more of Sakho preforming well, together with Martin, and we still have 2-3 CB backing up, I worry of we are ready to hands off Agger, (whom should be our most valuable CB at the moment) , with his ages / wages ...
FAN= with one eye open to see all the goodies of a player, with the other eye and ear shut....

Offline Twelfth Man

• Rhianna fan. my arse! Someone fill me in. Any takers? :) We are the fabulous CFC...
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1332 on: October 28, 2013, 05:09:51 am »
Want to see him partnered alongside Agger in a back four when Phil returns. Both are good at playing it out.
The courts, the rich, the powerful or those in authority never lie. It has been dealt with 'by the courts' nothing to see here run along.

Offline AnfieldRD19

• Not worried at all about his manbuddy.
  • Kopite
  • YNWA
« Reply #1333 on: October 28, 2013, 04:11:14 pm »
Want to see him partnered alongside Agger in a back four when Phil returns. Both are good at playing it out.

Agreed, that's probably our optimal CB duo for the next 4-5 years.

Offline RedSince86

• I blame Chris de Burgh
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1334 on: October 28, 2013, 04:42:15 pm »
Agreed, that's probably our optimal CB duo for the next 4-5 years.
what about llori?
"Since its purchase by the sheikh of Abu Dhabi, Manchester City has managed to cheat its way into the top echelon of European football and create a global, immensely profitable football empire, ignoring rules along the way. The club's newfound glory is rooted in lies."

Offline dnkw

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1335 on: October 28, 2013, 04:46:19 pm »
Likes a nice chest-down, does our Mamadou.

Offline BazC

• ...is as good as Van Basten
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1336 on: October 28, 2013, 04:51:22 pm »
Likes a nice chest-down, does our Mamadou.

Let's stick him up near our attackers. That's a Ł30m talent in that area of the pitch apparently.
“This place will become a bastion of invincibility and you are very lucky young man to be here. They will all come here and be beaten son”

Offline MolbyLovesGravlax

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1337 on: October 28, 2013, 04:55:58 pm »
Needs to continue playing every possible minute he can to get used to the league and its pace and its referees. Lad can easily become one of the best CD in the league for another decade.
"This is Anfield, this is what they do." Thomas Tuchel

@dgljones

Offline farawayred

• Whizz For Atomms. Nucular boffin. A Mars A Day Helps Him Work, Rest And Play
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Oh yes, I'm a believer!
« Reply #1338 on: October 28, 2013, 05:08:09 pm »
Needs to continue playing every possible minute he can to get used to the league and its pace and its referees. Lad can easily become one of the best CD in the league for another decade.
Seconded. That lad is immense!
Cruyff: "Victory is not enough, there also needs to be beautiful football."

Offline U13

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1339 on: October 28, 2013, 05:46:13 pm »
Seems like such a sweet-natured young man, when he isn't crushing the bones of weakling attackers into dust, and drinking the fresh blood in order to consume their souls and become even more powerful.

;D

Offline Djimi Smicer34

• Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #1340 on: October 28, 2013, 06:04:22 pm »
He's quality, I really think he'll go on to prove to be one of the best signings we've made for a long, long time.  He's getting better and more comfortable with every game he plays for us, keeps things solid and simple but has the technical ability to bring the ball out of defence and passes the ball smartly.  Still surprised we managed to bring him in but he'll be a top-class centre-back for us for years to come, a brilliant bit of business.

Offline Dingle Red

• Legacy Fan
  • we all live in the red and white kop
« Reply #1341 on: October 28, 2013, 06:50:40 pm »
 ;D
Let's stick him up near our attackers. That's a Ł30m talent in that area of the pitch apparently.
;D

Offline AnfieldRD19

• Not worried at all about his manbuddy.
  • Kopite
  • YNWA
« Reply #1342 on: October 28, 2013, 11:06:16 pm »
what about llori?

If everything goes well he'll probably be Agger's replacement (this is assuming Agger still has a good 4 years or so left in him), but who knows what will happen

Offline robgomm

• He just can't get enough of Luis Suarez.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1343 on: October 29, 2013, 11:11:18 am »
Would he have played in a back three before Liverpool? I guess he's mostly been in a back four at PSG. Must be an interesting one for him. He's done quite well, I can see why he cost what he did as he's not at his peak level yet, that's a few years off. Great physique, good technique.

On the other side of it, he's definitely still to adjust fully to the English game. Interesting to note he's been caught in possession on average more than any other defender and more than Gerrard/Lucas (http://www.whoscored.com/Teams/26/Show/-Liverpool - you can find stats here). He may be used to having more time on the ball or he may need to speed up his thinking. He does have the highest pass success rate so that suggests he is diligent about making sure his pass goes to the right place, which is a good feature for Rodgers.

Offline Redman0151

• Stills and Nash Warloch
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1344 on: October 29, 2013, 11:12:49 am »

Agreed, and I think he's going to be absolutely crucial in matches like the derby where we come up against players like Lukaku who could potentially have Skrtel/Agger for breakfast
"I would say we certainly have the resources to compete with anybody in football." Tom Werner 12/04/2012

Offline Sgt. Pepper

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1345 on: October 29, 2013, 01:16:22 pm »
He has a tendency to be rash, like Skrtel. Though Sakho's weapon of choice is the occasional slide tackle in the box.
On one hand, it's exciting to watch when he times them right. On the other hand, it's playing with fire and you just know that the first time he'll misjudge one it will cost us points.
There's an old saying... "good defenders keep clean sheets but great defenders keep clean shorts". For me, this is an area in his game he needs to improve.

I think that in the current formation, the role of the middle CB will suit him best and will allow Agger to be on his left with Toure/Skrtel on his right.
What will happen when we decide to revert back to 4-3-3 for tactical reasons? Don't know but I hope that in training both Sakho and Agger are working to find out who's more suited to play RCB.

Offline G8S7

• Legacy Fan
  • At the end of the storm There's a golden sky
« Reply #1346 on: October 29, 2013, 05:17:07 pm »

Did he call him "F**k face"?

Offline Solomon Grundy

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • LFC - Living rent-free in the heads of our rivals
« Reply #1347 on: October 29, 2013, 05:51:50 pm »
Tired of the blerts on facebook writing him off already. :-\

Offline Djimi Smicer34

• Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #1348 on: October 29, 2013, 05:57:53 pm »
Tired of the blerts on facebook writing him off already. :-\

If there are people writing Sakho off then they either haven't been watching the games he's played in for us or know absolutely nothing about football.  Some probably fall into both categories.

Offline Alan B'Stard

• Wistfully recalling maternal tongue.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Never rub another mans rhubarb!
« Reply #1349 on: October 30, 2013, 09:41:51 am »
Does anyone think he is a replacement for Agger. He hasnt had a sniff since Sakho was signed.
Maybe the links to Barca are true??
« Last Edit: October 30, 2013, 09:44:48 am by FitzLFC80 »
“If you don't stand for something you will fall for anything”

🏆 🏆 🏆 🏆 🏆 🏆
77 78  81 84 05 19

Offline justsean

• Two goals in his first two minutes of match commentary. Take a bow...
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1350 on: October 30, 2013, 09:51:59 am »
He's 23.

Clearly growing more and more with each game. Proper player we have on our hands here.

Offline RivaGe

• Legacy Fan
  • walk on
« Reply #1351 on: October 30, 2013, 10:05:49 am »
Does anyone think he is a replacement for Agger. He hasnt had a sniff since Sakho was signed.
Or maybe Agger was injured and now has to fight for his place because Skrtel, Sakho and Toure have been solid...

« Reply #1352 on: October 30, 2013, 10:21:13 am »
Wow, is it because we have been average for too long fans seems to have forgotten what it feels like to have quality players on the bench.

It's a squad game, when one of our current CBs looses form Agger will come in or if Agger shows in training that he can play at a higher standard than one of the current 3.

Offline DeLeiva

• StanDan
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA -
« Reply #1353 on: October 30, 2013, 10:26:06 am »
Wow, is it because we have been average for too long fans seems to have forgotten what it feels like to have quality players on the bench.

Yep.

The days of Danny Wilson and Sotirios Kyrgiakos warming the bench are over.

Offline justsean

• Two goals in his first two minutes of match commentary. Take a bow...
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1354 on: October 30, 2013, 10:29:05 am »
Yep.

The days of Danny Wilson and Sotirios Kyrgiakos warming the bench are over.

When everyone is fit we do have some serious depth these days. Even compared to the Rafa days.

Offline Alan B'Stard

• Wistfully recalling maternal tongue.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Never rub another mans rhubarb!
« Reply #1355 on: October 30, 2013, 11:40:56 am »

It's a squad game, when one of our current CBs looses form Agger will come in or if Agger shows in training that he can play at a higher standard than one of the current 3.
Good point well made.
To be honest, yes i have forgotten those days, It has been so long. It was a valid question though.
“If you don't stand for something you will fall for anything”

🏆 🏆 🏆 🏆 🏆 🏆
77 78  81 84 05 19

Offline clinical

• incision required - a bad case of an urgent rawkectomy? "And of course I've got this terrible pain in all the diodes down my left side."
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1356 on: October 30, 2013, 11:50:07 am »
When everyone is fit we do have some serious depth these days. Even compared to the Rafa days.
few more in Jan wouldn't go a miss though. Feel we need another dynamic midfielder who can tackle and possibly a left back depending on how Enrique and aly do and another attacker.
Thank Fowler we're not getting Caulker

Offline The 1989 Brit Awards

• He may be of thome aththithtanthe if there ith a thudden kwaithith!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1357 on: October 30, 2013, 02:30:40 pm »
few more in Jan wouldn't go a miss though. Feel we need another dynamic midfielder who can tackle and possibly a left back depending on how Enrique and aly do and another attacker.
I'd say Right Back is a much bigger priority than Left Back.

Offline MrLil8

• not good enough
  • Kopite
  • Super Title: BANNED
« Reply #1358 on: October 30, 2013, 02:46:14 pm »
I'd say Right Back is a much bigger priority than Left Back.

In what world?

Enrique is not good enough for this system, he is not good enough in possession and all too often his brain turns off.

Glen is 10x more suited, to say priority lies there is completely ignorant to a massive weakness in our side (left back)

YNWA

Offline PhaseOfPlay

• Well red.Tom Jones Lover. AKA Debbie McGee. Apparently.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Under 7s Coaching Manual Owner.
« Reply #1359 on: October 30, 2013, 02:50:03 pm »
In what world?

Enrique is not good enough for this system, he is not good enough in possession and all too often his brain turns off.

Glen is 10x more suited, to say priority lies there is completely ignorant to a massive weakness in our side (left back)

In terms of quality, you might be right, but in terms of squad depth, we probably need another right back more than another left back. Kelly still returning from injury, Wisdom gone to Derby. Moses/Henderson/Sterling can do a job there, but it takes them away from where they are most effective. Right back and central midfield are the two areas we could do with additions. If we get them, then we can go back to other positions, I think.
Better looking than Samie.