Author Topic: Liverpool 0-2 Arsenal: Full time....  (Read 161100 times)

Offline Joseph-Immanuel Queen

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Liverpool 0-2 Arsenal: Full time....
« Reply #1000 on: September 2, 2012, 04:45:46 pm »
If only it was one. If only

You have to laugh really. If you didn't, you'd cry.

Offline C@mry

• Anny Roader
  • Vera
« Reply #1001 on: September 2, 2012, 04:45:48 pm »
Are we really a "mid table" team? Maybe now I realize how the Bluenose fan's have been thinking all this while heh...

Offline firing squad

• Thinks he's a dog with spots.
  • Legacy Fan
  • People's Republic of Dalmatia
« Reply #1002 on: September 2, 2012, 04:46:04 pm »
if it's Owen than that's it, we'll officially stop being the Liverpool FC as we know it.
"The trouble with quotes on the Internet is that you never know if they are genuine." - Bill Shankly

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Metkovi%C4%87

http://www.lfccro.com/

Offline RideTheWalrus

• Legacy Fan
  • Urge to kill rising...
« Reply #1003 on: September 2, 2012, 04:46:13 pm »
At least Millwall fans have waded through shite and that has forged their loyalty. Arsenal fans get on my nerves more. They're like that soft c*nt in school who got himself a scar falling off the merry-go-round as a boy and thinks he's harder than everyone else

What made me laugh was their 'where's your famous atmosphere'. fair enough clubs like Swansea, S'land singing it, but Arsenal of all places was just too funny  ;D
Pretty happy with Arse taking it.

Disappointing.
[/quote]

Offline RK7

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1004 on: September 2, 2012, 04:46:19 pm »
That additional 3 m would have done better I reckon for us today and for many games this season. But of course we are so skint, so we let a proven PL scorer, who wants to play for us, play somewhere else. We are small club, etc ... :(
Were not skint, we just choose not to spend it. If we are skint how do we explain Spurs spending compared to ours? We must have far greater income than them.

Offline rushyman

• Not A Badgeman. Fuck him. Please. Someone. Anyone! But not Jonathan Pearce.....
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • On Halloween, parents send kids out lookin like me
« Reply #1005 on: September 2, 2012, 04:46:25 pm »
At least Millwall fans have waded through shite and that has forged their loyalty. Arsenal fans get on my nerves more. They're like that soft c*nt in school who got himself a scar falling off the merry-go-round as a boy and thinks he's harder than everyone else

Brilliantly put

thats spot on
If you don't limit yourself with bad thoughts, you can fly

Jurgen Klopp

Offline danielfonseca

• Clearly mad as a hatter who's gone mad with a box of frogs cracked up on SunnyD in a confined space and high on sherbet with no tea. Mad.
  • Anny Roader
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #1006 on: September 2, 2012, 04:47:18 pm »
Ah good man. Looking to fully address a problem when he sees it. What I like to see

He had 3 months to find solutions but chose the wrong ones. he has solutions already, morgan, suso, ngoo, sinclair, adorjan, give them ago.
"My methods have translated and worked well from Halmstad to Malmo"

Offline -Willo-

• -the wisp-
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1007 on: September 2, 2012, 04:47:32 pm »
Perhaps the RAWK mods should look into the possibility of waiting with opening a post-match thread for an hour after the game is finished in case the result is disappointing. Clearly some people are hardly able to handle their emotions.

Stop taking it so seriously, no one is doing any harm venting, it's natural, we have one point in 3, I don't agree with some posts in here but guess what, I read it, shake my head and move onto the next one.

Offline elliskco Papes

• Main Stander
  • Go forth and destroy them you redmen.
« Reply #1008 on: September 2, 2012, 04:47:34 pm »
we are painfully poor, since 2009 we have been digging ourselves into an almighty hole which is getting deeper, it all started when we decided to give cole 100k instead of getting a striker (how ironic) to supplement then we got carroll, don't really to say more about that. then we bought 6 players who are good at an average level leaving us with an average team. I'M SO WORRIED THAT THE REJUVENATION OF LFC WILL TAKE ANOTHER 3 YEARS, could it be too late by then??

Offline SuperMilan

• Kopite
« Reply #1009 on: September 2, 2012, 04:48:08 pm »
we do need a striker but how does Owen fit in that description?

Its not a case of him fitting, its a case of we are desperate, its that simple.
If Everton where playing outside my house, I'de close the curtains.

Offline rushyman

• Not A Badgeman. Fuck him. Please. Someone. Anyone! But not Jonathan Pearce.....
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • On Halloween, parents send kids out lookin like me
« Reply #1010 on: September 2, 2012, 04:48:10 pm »
You have to laugh really. If you didn't, you'd cry.

'Hes had 7 games' on BR

Correcting me on saying he'd had 3 I think stands out so far
If you don't limit yourself with bad thoughts, you can fly

Jurgen Klopp

Offline didi shamone

• Too old for fighting
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1011 on: September 2, 2012, 04:48:13 pm »
Chill peeps, We've lowered the wage bill.

Offline RideTheWalrus

• Legacy Fan
  • Urge to kill rising...
« Reply #1012 on: September 2, 2012, 04:48:49 pm »
He had 3 months to find solutions but chose the wrong ones. he has solutions already, morgan, suso, ngoo, sinclair, adorjan, give them ago.

He didn't choose the wrong ones, it was just left late and ultimately Ayre/FSG majorly let him down with the two striker failed deals on deadline day. Allen, Sahin, Borini are all solid signings whom I think will do well

Disappointing.
[/quote]

Offline blah

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1013 on: September 2, 2012, 04:49:00 pm »
Honestly these yanks make me sick. I'm fuming. He's had the wool pulled over his eyes.

Yeah, it couldn't have possibly been Ayer or Rodgers' fault for not having a back up plan when Dempsey became unobtainable. It has to be the owners fault, not the people actually in charge of bringing players in.

Offline fingermouse

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1014 on: September 2, 2012, 04:49:10 pm »
Arsenal were decent value for their win today, but as the home side, we should have made things a lot more uncomfortable for them, and we failed to do so.

Theres no use crying about the transfer window, its done, shut til January.

Rodgers is going to have to 'piss with the cock he's got' and get on with it. Good luck to him, its going to be a tough few months. I'll be backing him 100%.

Offline RideTheWalrus

• Legacy Fan
  • Urge to kill rising...
« Reply #1015 on: September 2, 2012, 04:49:20 pm »
Chill peeps, We've lowered the wage bill.

:D

Disappointing.
[/quote]

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1016 on: September 2, 2012, 04:49:25 pm »
we are painfully poor, since 2009 we have been digging ourselves into an almighty hole which is getting deeper, it all started when we decided to give cole 100k instead of getting a striker (how ironic) to supplement then we got carroll, don't really to say more about that. then we bought 6 players who are good at an average level leaving us with an average team. I'M SO WORRIED THAT THE REJUVENATION OF LFC WILL TAKE ANOTHER 3 YEARS, could it be too late by then??

Patience is a virtue. As is caps lock.

Offline TheCharlatan

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
« Reply #1017 on: September 2, 2012, 04:49:42 pm »
What made me laugh was their 'where's your famous atmosphere'. fair enough clubs like Swansea, S'land singing it, but Arsenal of all places was just too funny  ;D

When we go there I hope we defile their goal. I want us to deflower it like it was their little sister being betrothed to an old fat nobleman executing his right of prima nocta like in the Medieval times.

Offline DutchRed

• Legacy Fan
  • =
« Reply #1018 on: September 2, 2012, 04:49:50 pm »
Stop taking it so seriously, no one is doing any harm venting, it's natural, we have one point in 3, I don't agree with some posts in here but guess what, I read it, shake my head and move onto the next one.

I don't care what people shout. For me, everyone can shout all they want about Rodgers being a horrible manager, Reina being the worst goalkeeper ever to exist and all that The mods do, apparently and I don't see how they enjoy having to delete a lot of posts.
It's just sex and violence, melody and silence.

Offline clinical

• incision required - a bad case of an urgent rawkectomy? "And of course I've got this terrible pain in all the diodes down my left side."
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1019 on: September 2, 2012, 04:49:52 pm »
Dislike him, hate him, want to slap his face all day long, it doesn't matter the little shit scores goals, and we're desperate.
Thank Fowler we're not getting Caulker

Offline firing squad

• Thinks he's a dog with spots.
  • Legacy Fan
  • People's Republic of Dalmatia
« Reply #1020 on: September 2, 2012, 04:50:30 pm »
Its not a case of him fitting, its a case of we are desperate, its that simple.
I didn't mean him fitting in the system of play, I meant fitting in the description of the word "striker".

I'd rather promote Morgan or Pacheco.
"The trouble with quotes on the Internet is that you never know if they are genuine." - Bill Shankly

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Metkovi%C4%87

http://www.lfccro.com/

Offline RideTheWalrus

• Legacy Fan
  • Urge to kill rising...
« Reply #1021 on: September 2, 2012, 04:50:33 pm »
Yeah, it couldn't have possibly been Ayer or Rodgers' fault for not having a back up plan when Dempsey became unobtainable. It has to be the owners fault, not the people actually in charge of bringing players in.

Well we had the Sturridge deal lined up too, but that seemed daft since he was in France.

Could we have had a backup plan for someone who cost less than Dempsey's 4 million?

Disappointing.
[/quote]

Offline RichardM

• should be revising rather than whining on here
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1022 on: September 2, 2012, 04:51:26 pm »
Was a Godparent at a christening today, so missed the game. Anyone like to summarise what happened, and if anything is happening as a result of the loss?

Offline KirkVanHouten

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1023 on: September 2, 2012, 04:51:36 pm »
That's their attempt at putting a positive spin on things? Makes it worse in my opinion. Since it would be next summer when we make a decision over Sahin, why wouldn't we be using next summer's budget instead of this one? Not to mention that the option to sign him was supposedly dependent on all 3 parties - us, Madrid and Sahin himself - so there's no guarantees that we'd sign him even if we wanted to and had the money for it.

It's definitely spin mate. You're right though it's a terrible attempt at it, they've tried to shift the blame onto Rodgers and said that there was £15 million there for him to sign Sturridge but they couldn't spare an extra 2 for Dempsey. It's ridiculous really.

Offline fonzielfc

• Anny Roader
  • Red is the colour
    • My blog
« Reply #1024 on: September 2, 2012, 04:51:49 pm »
'Hes had 7 games' on BR

;D

"For a player to be good enough to play for Liverpool, he must be prepared
to run through a brick wall for me then come out fighting on the other side."

- Bill Shankly

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1025 on: September 2, 2012, 04:52:16 pm »
Was a Godparent at a christening today, so missed the game. Anyone like to summarise what happened, and if anything is happening as a result of the loss?

If you mean free agents, BR has said we're looking into it.

Offline GBF

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The only religion with a God that you can touch!
« Reply #1026 on: September 2, 2012, 04:52:18 pm »
It has to be the owners fault, not the people actually in charge of bringing players in.

do we have anyone doing this job?  we havent replaced comolli.   Henry and co just blabla about it but that all
01111001 01101111 01110101 00100111 01101100 01101100 00100000 01101110 01100101 01110110 01100101 01110010 00100000 01110111 01100001 01101100 01101011 00100000 01100001 01101100 01101111 01101110 01100101

Offline smicer07

• Negative, miserable sod!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1027 on: September 2, 2012, 04:52:38 pm »
I'd take Owen. If he stays fit he scores goals. Desperate times....

Offline downtown

• abbewy
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice for Sarina
« Reply #1028 on: September 2, 2012, 04:52:40 pm »
Perhaps the RAWK mods should look into the possibility of waiting with opening a post-match thread for an hour after the game is finished in case the result is disappointing. Clearly some people are hardly able to handle their emotions.

You started the thread....

Offline Mutton Geoff

• 'The Invigilator'
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Life is a journey, not a destination.
« Reply #1029 on: September 2, 2012, 04:52:42 pm »
So this patience needed by the fans seems to be working well then, it will take time either go with it or go elsewhere!
A world were Liars and Hypocrites are accepted and rewarded and honest people are derided!
Who voted in this lying corrupt bastard anyway

Offline RideTheWalrus

• Legacy Fan
  • Urge to kill rising...
« Reply #1030 on: September 2, 2012, 04:52:45 pm »

We were toothless and build up play was poor, particularly poor by Luis/Stevie. Arsenal played it through us at will, really bad performance in all. Grats on the christening though, I'd skip MOTD  ;)

Disappointing.
[/quote]

Offline finchy1972

• Legacy Fan
  • Here's a story of a poor boy
« Reply #1031 on: September 2, 2012, 04:52:53 pm »
Ha Ha made me laugh so true
Whatever we are , we are , whatever we will be is yet to be written .

Offline Robo707

• Anny Roader
« Reply #1032 on: September 2, 2012, 04:53:03 pm »
I won't delude myself like many on here. I also think it's ridiculous that people get slated for negative comments, the happy clappers need to waken up.

Rodgers speaks of this systems, and Carroll never fitted into it...why did all our attacking chances come from high balls? Everything went high into the box.

Shocking, and we're in for a long hard season.

I was slated for saying 'BR made a mistake selling Carroll' - I wish someone quoted me. Joke performance from players who will earn more than me in a lifetime. Toothless!!!
L.F.C. - WITH PRIDE

Offline adlad

• Kopite
« Reply #1033 on: September 2, 2012, 04:53:09 pm »
Does anyone actually think our lack of strikers was the reason for this loss?

To me the reasons were clear:
  • Terrible defending for both goals (and for Giroud's chance which he should have scored).
  • Wasteful possession in attacking areas (too many passes played in the air were easily dealt with by Arsenal's height) leading to...
  • Not enough chances created

Having a better finisher in a striker role wouldn't have affected this result. We need to work on other areas of our game such as:
  • Patience in possession
  • Ability to cope with being pressured when in possession
  • How to break through defences while keeping the ball on the floor.

I trust Rodgers will be able to solve those issues, as he has shown with other clubs in the past. Give him time, and he'll make it work. Once we've solved these, then we can look at getting goal poachers that fit into Rodgers' system.

Offline Camarero25

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1034 on: September 2, 2012, 04:53:16 pm »
'Hes had 7 games' on BR

7 games though mate. 7 whole games. That's more than 630 minutes. If you're not beating Arsenal easily by the time you've had 7 games then you're not much of a manager are you?

I mean, people were predicting 4-0 victories in the pre match thread so I can only imagine that this game should've been a piece of piss. Rodgers out.

Offline Red_Isle_Chap

• Hairy Fool
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Blimey!
« Reply #1035 on: September 2, 2012, 04:53:26 pm »
90: Full time. I am very annoyed. Liverpool 0, Arsenal 2.

Well done.
And when you find yourself along the untrodden path
Remember me with a smile, a drink, a gesture or a laugh
And a toast for the man who loves every hour of every day
And a feast for the friends and faces met along way
Gratitude

Offline bakstabba

• Lord, what fools these mortals be!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1036 on: September 2, 2012, 04:53:37 pm »
We weren't as bad as everyone is putting out. The heads went down after the first goal went in and we didn't really ping passes around as confidently as we were.

Allen was fantastic, as was Shelvey when he came on, but I think it's obvious that we do miss the presence of Lucas when opposition teams break and for the seemingly endless 50/50 challenges that we'd lose. Downing might have earned his place ahead of Fabio for the next game. Sahin was solid. All in all, it was a decent performance where two lapses in concentration cost us. Results will turn.
Socrates did have a habit of polarising opinion, as does Lucas. Lucas is also good at hemming opponents in and locking them into difficult situations.

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1037 on: September 2, 2012, 04:53:39 pm »
'Hes had 7 games' on BR

FC Gomel are indeed a test of any manager's mettle.

Offline Funky_Gibbons

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Follow the gourd
« Reply #1038 on: September 2, 2012, 04:53:46 pm »

How do you know he didn't have back-up plans? We also approached Struridge but Chelsea were only interested in selling while we could only afford a loan.

Rodger's said he expected one or two to come in so he obviously had more than one target.
"And there are red and white scarves of Liverpool, and red and white bobble hats of Liverpool, and red and white rosettes of Liverpool, and nothing else. And the sun shines now."

Offline koptommy93

• Legacy Fan
  • @tharris113
« Reply #1039 on: September 2, 2012, 04:53:54 pm »
if it's Owen than that's it, we'll officially stop being the Liverpool FC as we know it.
give over will you!
I for one welcome our new insect overloads