Author Topic: CUP FINAL - Chelsea 2-1 Liverpool: Full time  (Read 112726 times)

Offline Cre_mCr_cker

• Green A_my!
  • Legacy Fan
Re: CUP FINAL - Chelsea 2-1 Liverpool: Full time
« Reply #800 on: May 5, 2012, 08:44:56 pm »
Peter McDowall ‏ @Petermcdowall10
Fernando Torres has spent the last twenty minutes in the LFC dressing room, swapped shirts with Pepe Reina.

Even after a cup win, he still doesn't have any mates there.

Come home, Nando. A few goals and all would be forgotten.
This is a Liverpool forum. We are not talking about Demba Ba's cock.

My feet are wet but my cups are bone dry! Everything's comin' up Milhouse!

Offline wah00ey

• Gappy Gumbo, especially at the back.....
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Stay away from Twitter, it's no good for anyone.
« Reply #801 on: May 5, 2012, 08:45:03 pm »
God Save The Queen - why sing that shite? I have been to every Cup Final since 1965 except today and always regarded YNWA as my anthem. I am not English I am Scouse and proud of it.
Actually pal, you are English.  Whether you like it or not.  Scouse first?  Yes, definately, absolutely and totally.  But still English.  Hendo sang but Gerrard didn't and he bloody well should have done.
Look up "Odious" in the dictionary and Martin Samuel is the given definition.  Call me Klopphooey please.

Offline kLFCreds

• JonJo lookalike
  • Anny Roader
  • Huntelaar in January, please.
« Reply #802 on: May 5, 2012, 08:45:09 pm »
Anyone that posts a poorly edited picture to prove or disprove Andy Carroll's header did or didn't cross the line should be banned.

This.
We're going to win the league.

Offline inexorably red

• Anny Roader
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #803 on: May 5, 2012, 08:45:09 pm »
piss poor defending for both there goals,had to agree with roy keane, enrique should have brought remieres down and taken the yellow
“If you’re in the penalty area and don’t know what to do with the ball, put it in the net and we’ll discuss the options later.”

Offline jack witham

• Anny Roader
« Reply #804 on: May 5, 2012, 08:45:34 pm »
I do not get all the fuss about the national anthem.
We do not class ourselves as being English.
Most probably do not recognise the queen.
I hate the fact they even play the national anthem at the cup final.
Why dont we play it before every game and see what sort of response it gets.
Form is temporary,Class is permanent.

Offline The G in Gerrard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #805 on: May 5, 2012, 08:45:57 pm »
Hendo sang but Gerrard didn't and he bloody well should have done.

Completely irrelevant

Offline Rob84

• Main Stander
« Reply #806 on: May 5, 2012, 08:46:10 pm »
One thing I know for sure, after this season: If I ever hear/see the words "luck" & "unlucky", it will be too soon.
It has been a disaster just can't wait for it to end.

Offline Mark Walters

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #807 on: May 5, 2012, 08:46:11 pm »
Was ultimately the team selection and tactics in those 60 minutes that cost us the match though.

And? We could've got the tactics and team selection right, pummelled them for 90 minutes and still not scored.
"Maybe in life it's impossible to give 100 per cent to your job. Okay, I'll accept 98 per cent" Rafa Benitez

Offline Renato

• One Moura One Cup
  • Legacy Fan
  • allez les rouges
« Reply #808 on: May 5, 2012, 08:46:17 pm »
Actually pal, you are English.  Whether you like it or not.  Scouse first?  Yes, definately, absolutely and totally.  But still English.  Hendo sang but Gerrard didn't and he bloody well should have done.

But why should they? Their own choice

Offline mtpeters

• Main Stander
  • ...my dick be swangin'
« Reply #809 on: May 5, 2012, 08:46:20 pm »
Please don't compare me to that bastard. I was merely saying for the fella to get over it. It was definitely NOT in.

Some people still don't understand the simple rules of this game.

I suppose you are the fucking authority on that, eh?  You certainly must understand the rules much better than the rest of us.  We so stupid herp derp  :lickin

Offline Jetmir M.

• Kopite
« Reply #810 on: May 5, 2012, 08:46:27 pm »
Having a vagina has nothing to do with the rules of the game. Take your sexist bullshit elsewhere.

As I said I was merely telling the guy to get over it.

If you think I am a sexist it's your opinion, which I don't give a fuck about. You can fuck off.

Offline Get

• ...ting perilously close to being banned, so even the avatar is WRONG!
  • Legacy Fan
  • Support Brendan Rodgers
« Reply #811 on: May 5, 2012, 08:46:29 pm »
Come home, Nando. A few goals and all would be forgotten.

28 year old, past it, sulking bitch. no thanks.. Carroll all the way
Quote from: Fordy on July 20, 2012, 01:24:46 PM
Anything more that 6m for Joe Allen and we have been ripped off.

Loads of Joe allens out there.

I would like to see him stay at Swansea myself and see if he can have another decent season. He is a championship player - players like a championship player.

Offline koppy

• Main Stander
« Reply #812 on: May 5, 2012, 08:46:30 pm »
Gutted yes but taking the whole match into consideration, we didn't deserve it. Spearing, Henderson, Downing, game passed them by.

How many times have we said that this season......

Henderson and Spearing had shockers!

Gutted that we didnt turn up in the first half, if only we had been a bit more attacking then I think we could of pulled it off. Chelsea wernt great by any stretch.

Carrol is starting to look like a Liverpool player, showed great desire in the last 1/4 of the season, well done you............

IMO still need a leftback and at least two midfielders and a striker. The squad is still to fragile to compete for with the top teams.
Downing and Henderson have been a major dissappointment!

Fingers crossed for Kenny!

Offline wah00ey

• Gappy Gumbo, especially at the back.....
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Stay away from Twitter, it's no good for anyone.
« Reply #813 on: May 5, 2012, 08:46:57 pm »
why?
Because we are English.

Scouse first, yes.

But we are English.
Look up "Odious" in the dictionary and Martin Samuel is the given definition.  Call me Klopphooey please.

Offline Robbies Girl

• Main Stander
  • The club
« Reply #814 on: May 5, 2012, 08:46:57 pm »
Not sure what was wrong first half bar some class at final touches but certainly don't feel like we didn't try. Except downing who I detest in a red shirt felt that the boys had a good go after first goal went in. But yes Andy looked sound today and so that alone with his past few performances cheering me up. Totally gutted but thought we Played ok in the main shame Carroll didn't start really. Goal was in. Nothing to be ashamed of people.

Offline smicer07

• Negative, miserable sod!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #815 on: May 5, 2012, 08:47:02 pm »
At least we added to our woodwork total. In other news I'm absolutely gutted. Was looking forward to the parade.

Offline J-Mc-

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #816 on: May 5, 2012, 08:47:12 pm »
I suppose you are the fucking authority on that, eh?  You certainly must understand the rules much better than the rest of us.  We so stupid herp derp  :lickin

Drop it eh and get back to talking about the footy.

Don't drag it on mate.

Offline Il Capitano

• Forza Liverpool. This thing of ours...
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #817 on: May 5, 2012, 08:47:31 pm »

Fuck that anthem of imperialism off forever. It was the English that enslaved half the fucking world.

Offline Cochise

• Not the man he used to be and is looking for a fresh start. Still cannot escape the fact that he's had an X-Factor Winner. Twice.
  • RAWK Remembers
  • Legacy Fan
  • DON'T BUY THE S*N
« Reply #818 on: May 5, 2012, 08:47:34 pm »
Really?  Fucking really?  It was fucking embarrassing.

I was proud :)
JFT96 - YNWA

Oliver Kay ‏@OliverKayTimes
Those who've campaigned for the truth on Hillsborough were once a suppressed minority. Now the minority are those left clinging to the lies.

Offline scouse29

• Legacy Fan
  • Koppite
« Reply #819 on: May 5, 2012, 08:47:35 pm »
Small details can account for such a large margin. Three errors for their first goal and jay was a mile away from fat frank for the second goal. Coming back from two down was always a tall order. We gifted them a siver pot rather than them winning it. Gutted really and i wonder how long it will be before we get another chance for a trophy.
The Liverpool way!!!

Offline NOTBORNIN1982

• and neither is he the best poster on here, not even close in fact. Maybe the 1982nd.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Those who believe in telekinetics, raise my hand
« Reply #820 on: May 5, 2012, 08:47:37 pm »
We're going to need some cheeky work done this summer...whoever the manager may be....

Respectful comment you FUCKING CARD!
"How much do you smoke, sir? Two packs a day, is that right? Pussy. I go through two lighters a day. That's right, two lighters! You're a health nut compared to me."

Offline echis

• Main Stander
« Reply #821 on: May 5, 2012, 08:47:38 pm »
To me, after examining the evidence, it looked in. Guys, stop spreading misinformation saying that it wasn't, this is pretty conclusively saying it was.

That is beside the point. We lost and we deserved to. We move on. The goal wasn't given, end of. Still, let's not dismiss the fact that it went in.

I'm beginning to wish that I hadn't made that picture, because people seem reluctant to actually read the post I wrote to go with it.
It would be conclusive if the ball was on the ground. But since the ball is closer to the crossbar than the ground, you have a whole other issue to deal with. You need to take into account the angle of the crossbar in relation to the line, and the ball's distance from each. I can't be arsed to draw it up, but you will end up with around half the ball over the line, and half the ball on it.

Offline mercurial

• Legacy Fan
  • Lost my mind, let me know if you spot it
« Reply #822 on: May 5, 2012, 08:47:40 pm »
Not many managers sign players solely and exclusively based on their nationality. You have to look at the player that is right for the team not ignore them if they are not british.

Massive improvement in the transfer market needed.

Thats a managers prerogative isn't it. If Kenny wanted league players then so be it. You may have a different opinion but its only an opinion, every manager will follow a model he believes in. I cannot see why Wenger has to buy young players.
Kenny: "We play the way we want to play. We play to the style that suits us, no disrespect to other clubs but we don't focus on anybody else"

Offline kLFCreds

• JonJo lookalike
  • Anny Roader
  • Huntelaar in January, please.
« Reply #823 on: May 5, 2012, 08:47:43 pm »
We are now discussing whether LFC players should or shouldn't have sang the national anthem.

Oh my.
We're going to win the league.

Offline Get

• ...ting perilously close to being banned, so even the avatar is WRONG!
  • Legacy Fan
  • Support Brendan Rodgers
« Reply #824 on: May 5, 2012, 08:47:49 pm »
Because we are English.

Scouse first, yes.

But we are English.

the fuck is ur problem? many people don't sing their national anthem when its sung. get over it
Quote from: Fordy on July 20, 2012, 01:24:46 PM
Anything more that 6m for Joe Allen and we have been ripped off.

Loads of Joe allens out there.

I would like to see him stay at Swansea myself and see if he can have another decent season. He is a championship player - players like a championship player.

Offline Camarero25

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #825 on: May 5, 2012, 08:47:50 pm »

Who actually gives a fuck?

Offline morgsa

• Main Stander
« Reply #826 on: May 5, 2012, 08:47:54 pm »
Mikel  Ramires  Mata

vs.

Downing Spearing
Mikel  Ramires  Mata

vs.

Downing Spearing Hendo

Major gulf in quality in midfield today, and it showed.

I have to agree.

That is quite a gulf in quality there.  And to be honest i really dont rate Mikel one bit which is even
more alarming.

For me the game was lost in midfield in that first hour and we have to be realistic and say that we are not good enough in that department.  I dont think kenny is to blame because he started with a team that we all thought was our best starting eleven, he was let down, again, by the players which are just not good enough.
I think henderson will come good given time.  But i just dont see nothing in spearing and downing to suggest they should be here past the summer.  It's all very well to say keep spearing as backup to lucas but what happens if lucas gets injured again, it could happen, we would be up shit creak if we had to call on spearing for a prolonged period again.  Downing has, and never will have, the bottle to compete at the highest level, period!
Welcome to our club NESV.

Offline artanis

• Legacy Fan
  • It is what it is.
« Reply #827 on: May 5, 2012, 08:47:55 pm »
There is no other opinion than to support Kenny. You can call his decision into question but as for supporting Kenny, I do not see any other way and the reasons have nothing to do with football or even anything to do with this season. Apart from that you trust a manager to build a side and not chop and change unless you are a sugar daddy or a oil sheikh. As for the match itself, its a game. We won a game where we played for 6 minutes. We have lost games after playing 120mins. Its a game. The last 30 mins have shown some people that there is hope for next season.
Did you give the same support to Hodgeson? Just asking, if you did then good for you. However, Kenny has been blessed with a wonderful ownership for 18 months now and we have not progressed. Maybe a little progress but not a good return on money spent. I agreed that Roy had to go. Never called him names. Never will call Kenny names either, but we may need to move on. I dread every game we play at Anfield now, that's how bad it is.
Loved the YNWA in added time. Class support for the club.

Offline Cream147

• Anny Roader
« Reply #828 on: May 5, 2012, 08:47:55 pm »
The national anthem is all a much of a muchness. It's just a song at the end of the day. You'll Never Walk Alone is a way of life.

Offline takeiteasy

• Main Stander
« Reply #829 on: May 5, 2012, 08:48:24 pm »
as are the one who say Garcia was...

Whether Garcia's was or not is irrelevant as the ref on the night has made abundantly clear.
Would it have been better for Chelsea to have Cech sent off and a pen against then in the first minute.I think not.So your point is?

Offline Cochise

• Not the man he used to be and is looking for a fresh start. Still cannot escape the fact that he's had an X-Factor Winner. Twice.
  • RAWK Remembers
  • Legacy Fan
  • DON'T BUY THE S*N
« Reply #830 on: May 5, 2012, 08:48:31 pm »
Fuck that anthem of imperialism off forever. It was the English that enslaved half the fucking world.

Enslaved or ruled?
JFT96 - YNWA

Oliver Kay ‏@OliverKayTimes
Those who've campaigned for the truth on Hillsborough were once a suppressed minority. Now the minority are those left clinging to the lies.

Offline dave 5516

• Is in a world of shit and loves it! Loves to Buffy up Danny Dyer. A Cyclopath without a Garmin. Sadly not quite bad enough to make the worst commentator list
  • Legacy Fan
  • Si muore sulla bici.
« Reply #831 on: May 5, 2012, 08:48:50 pm »
I have all the respect in the world for Kenny.  No one embodies LFC anymore than the King himself.  It was a joke...get over your self-righteousness.
There's time's and place's for joke's lad,and after losing a cup final isn't it.And it's not self righteousness,it's being sick of twat's on here slagging Kenny off.
Exercise is to the body what reading is to the mind.

"If I hadn't doped, I would never have won". "Doping improves your performance between 5 and 7 per cent, and maybe 10 to 12 per cent when you are in a peak shape.

"Doping isn't addictive but it's an instrument of power: whoever wins attracts the money; for themselves, the team and the sponsors"

Offline Finn Solomon

• Life sentence
  • Legacy Fan
  • I love Coutinho's balls
« Reply #832 on: May 5, 2012, 08:49:27 pm »
And? We could've got the tactics and team selection right, pummelled them for 90 minutes and still not scored.

What on Earth is the point you are trying to make?
Twitter - FinnSolomon
Rafa made it so that you didn't give a shit which fucking ball emerged from Platini's jar.

Offline helmboy_nige

• A diplomat... except in the face of total morons
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #833 on: May 5, 2012, 08:49:42 pm »
We are all gutted, but there are many reasons to still feel positive.

Reasons to be positive:

- Lucas coming back.
- We have outplayed most teams this season, just need to improve finishing
- Andy Carroll, after a slow start, is looking really like a monster now.
- The potential of Suarez and Gerrard together for a whole season.

If we had played shit all season I'd be worried.  We haven't.  We are moving forward.

Offline -Q-

• What's the Q for? The workhouse for the poor and the gallows for the left.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #834 on: May 5, 2012, 08:49:45 pm »
Not many managers sign players solely and exclusively based on their nationality. You have to look at the player that is right for the team not ignore them if they are not british.

Massive improvement in the transfer market needed.

Says the man with a Uruguayan flag for an avatar... why would that be then...?
Welcome to Liverpool Brendan Rodgers
Quote from: Brendan Rodgers
Liverpool Football Club is the heartland of football folklore...     Liverpool are one of the dynasties of the game...     I will fight for my life for the supporters and the people of this city

Offline Cre_mCr_cker

• Green A_my!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #835 on: May 5, 2012, 08:50:07 pm »
28 year old, past it, sulking bitch. no thanks.. Carroll all the way

I see your point but it's just wrong him being there, the difference in opinion is probably down to him having been my hero from the ages of 12-15, that doesn't really leave you. I just think him being here would solve his problems and would solve ours.

Offline J-Mc-

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #836 on: May 5, 2012, 08:50:08 pm »

Who cares?

I was born in England and don't sing it, call me unpatriotic if you want but the only songs that matter to me are the ones about LFC.

Not everyone will sing it and not everyone is forced to sing it. Get over it mate.

Offline Il Capitano

• Forza Liverpool. This thing of ours...
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #837 on: May 5, 2012, 08:50:24 pm »
Enslaved or ruled?

Is there a whole lot of difference, despite one being morally negative and the other positive?

Semantics.

Offline Renato

• One Moura One Cup
  • Legacy Fan
  • allez les rouges
« Reply #838 on: May 5, 2012, 08:50:30 pm »
The national anthem is all a much of a muchness. It's just a song at the end of the day. You'll Never Walk Alone is a way of life.

And a pretty shit song at that. Not inspirational just boring and monotone

Offline Cre_mCr_cker

• Green A_my!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #839 on: May 5, 2012, 08:50:32 pm »