Author Topic: Daniel Sturridge  (Read 336696 times)

Offline newterp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Daniel Sturridge
« Reply #2880 on: December 5, 2016, 09:06:04 pm »
Physio room lists no return date for Daniel. Says that Mane picked up a "knock" and he also has no return date - so I'm not sure how reliable they really are.

Offline gatcliffe

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2881 on: December 5, 2016, 09:16:35 pm »
Physio room lists no return date for Daniel. Says that Mane picked up a "knock" and he also has no return date - so I'm not sure how reliable they really are.
Mane is with squad in Spain.
Like a bottle of wine the reds get better and better.

Offline newterp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2882 on: December 5, 2016, 09:19:56 pm »
Mane is with squad in Spain.

yes I saw him in the pics - didn't see Sturridge.

Offline gatcliffe

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2883 on: December 5, 2016, 09:29:00 pm »
No I did'nt see Sturridge neither.

Online spider-neil

• Can watch 30 games in a day. He's not Spidey - he's Sway!
  • Legacy Fan
  • does whatever a spider can, spins a web any size
« Reply #2884 on: December 5, 2016, 09:29:41 pm »

I think he would have gone regardless as it was a team building trip.

Offline jooneyisdagod

• Doesn't like having pussy round the house
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2885 on: December 6, 2016, 01:56:11 am »
You've taken a slightly odd anti Rodgers detour there, I'm not wrong in saying Jurgen has the final say

Jurgen said

“I said on the first day when I came here it’s like I used to work,"

“Sometimes my staff or myself have an idea about a player we know or we heard about and then we collect some information together and it’s not my job then to cut videos or things like this.

“Then there are players our scouts bring in and say we have seen this player, we have heard about him, we have watched him for a long time. We speak about this.

“But in the end it’s like I said at the first meeting and the first press conference, if I don’t want the player to come in here in he will not come."

Danny is staying and I want him to start scoring! Past evidence suggests he will.

There are plenty of quotes from Rodgers saying similar. The point I was making was that it isn't some alteration to the TC that has been brought about, but the attitude of the manager to such a system. Jurgen clearly comfortable with such a system and Brendan completely uncomfortable with it.
Quote from: Dion Fanning

The chants for Kenny Dalglish that were heard again on Wednesday do not necessarily mean that the fans see him as the saviour. This is not Newcastle, longing for the return of Kevin Keegan. Simply, Dalglish represents everything Hodgson is not and, in fairness, everything Hodgson could or would not hope to be.

Offline M7 Heckler

• Anny Roader
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #2886 on: December 6, 2016, 02:37:43 pm »
This is supposed to be the time that he comes in and his performances keep us in touching distance with the leaders. The whole point of having 150k a week players on the bench is that they are ready to come in when you need them. The fact that after sitting on his arse all season he is now out with a calf strain when it is time to help the team is an absolute joke.

Waste of wages. In terms of ability he is my favourite player in our squad, but I'm quite happy to see him go to west ham or whoever will shell out the 30m he should fetch.

Offline Fitzy.

• I before E, except in Dalglish. Thumbs down for thumbs up! Premature ejaculator in the post-match whopper circle jerk. Might be the Rupert Pupkin to Neil Atkinson's Jerry Langford. Wants to know who did this, but may never find out.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Indefatigability
« Reply #2887 on: December 6, 2016, 02:47:45 pm »
what about goals
He IS goals. That's what he's done since he arrived. It's all about goals.

Offline Fitzy.

• I before E, except in Dalglish. Thumbs down for thumbs up! Premature ejaculator in the post-match whopper circle jerk. Might be the Rupert Pupkin to Neil Atkinson's Jerry Langford. Wants to know who did this, but may never find out.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Indefatigability
« Reply #2888 on: December 6, 2016, 02:49:12 pm »
This is supposed to be the time that he comes in and his performances keep us in touching distance with the leaders. The whole point of having 150k a week players on the bench is that they are ready to come in when you need them. The fact that after sitting on his arse all season he is now out with a calf strain when it is time to help the team is an absolute joke.

Waste of wages. In terms of ability he is my favourite player in our squad, but I'm quite happy to see him go to west ham or whoever will shell out the 30m he should fetch.
A joke? I agree. He should schedule his one injury in about 10 months when Countinho is injured. Joke.

Offline Fitzy.

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Indefatigability
« Reply #2889 on: December 6, 2016, 02:50:11 pm »
He was the one with the camera.

Offline Zoomers

• Legacy Fan
  • Meow
« Reply #2890 on: December 6, 2016, 06:07:59 pm »
A joke? I agree. He should schedule his one injury in about 10 months when Countinho is injured. Joke.
I'm surprised no one has accused him of injuring himself on purpose.
Shut the fuck up and put some respek on Lucas name playboy

Offline diegoLFC7

• Legacy Fan
  • LFC
« Reply #2891 on: December 6, 2016, 06:09:25 pm »
Sturridge can't stay injury free for more than two months! How can people argue against selling him, making a profit, and buying someone else?
Seen us win everything

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
« Reply #2892 on: December 6, 2016, 06:13:31 pm »
Sturridge can't stay injury free for more than two months! How can people argue against selling him, making a profit, and buying someone else?

Because the manager doesn't want to sell him?
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline Fitzy.

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Indefatigability
« Reply #2893 on: December 6, 2016, 06:25:46 pm »
He will go somewhere else, score goals that aren't for Liverpool. Is that a good argument?

Offline diegoLFC7

• Legacy Fan
  • LFC
« Reply #2894 on: December 6, 2016, 06:48:37 pm »
He will go somewhere else, score goals that aren't for Liverpool. Is that a good argument?
Yeah he needs to stay fit for more than 3 games first.
Seen us win everything

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2895 on: December 6, 2016, 08:39:10 pm »
Anyone know if he has traveled with the team to Barcelona?

He hasnt.

Offline Sir Psycho Sexy

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2896 on: December 6, 2016, 08:44:46 pm »
I mean, that's what's happening with Benteke now, can't say I'm sorry we got rid.

Sturridge has been fit for a while now, but he's been overlooked because Firmino fits into the team better ... Sturridge is also no winger, so while Firmino is fit, he was always going to be benched. Honestly, not sure what's going to happen with him in the summer.
I would honestly let Wijnaldum jizz in my face right now

Offline Fitzy.

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Indefatigability
« Reply #2897 on: December 6, 2016, 09:10:38 pm »
Yeah he needs to stay fit for more than 3 games first.
He's been fit for loads of consecutive games.

Offline Fitzy.

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Indefatigability
« Reply #2898 on: December 6, 2016, 09:12:18 pm »
I mean, that's what's happening with Benteke now, can't say I'm sorry we got rid.

Sturridge has been fit for a while now, but he's been overlooked because Firmino fits into the team better ... Sturridge is also no winger, so while Firmino is fit, he was always going to be benched. Honestly, not sure what's going to happen with him in the summer.
Benteke is weak comparison. Sturridge is a level above and adds value to our attack. I'd keep him.

Offline RayPhilAlan

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2899 on: December 6, 2016, 10:18:04 pm »
We wouldnt have scored the goal Origi did with Sturridge

But I can kind of see the flip side that we'd have had a better substitute to come on and keep Bournemouth honest.

I suspect Sturridge would have cut back infield onto his left foot after rounding Boruc and slotted it past the defender on the line. Not as spectacular as Origi's shot, but it would count the same.

I don't think Sturridge would have missed the tap-in that Origi missed at 0-0. Couldn't work out why Origi didn't use his left for that.

Offline Kenny's Jacket

• Kenny's Vegan Jacket Potato. Talks more sense than me.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2900 on: December 6, 2016, 10:35:48 pm »

That's just not true is it?

As I've said before, the Full English is just the base upon which the Scots/Welsh/NI have improved upon. Sorry but the Full English is the worst of the British breakfasts.

Online Eeyore

• "I have no problem whatsoever stating that FSG have done a good job.".Mo Money, Mo Problems to invent. Number 1 is Carragher. Number 2 is Carragher. Number 3 is Carragher. Number 4 is Carragher. Likes to play God in his spare time.
  • Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT 97
« Reply #2901 on: December 6, 2016, 11:22:30 pm »
Benteke is weak comparison. Sturridge is a level above and adds value to our attack. I'd keep him.

Michael Owen would probably be a better comparison. Fantastic goalscoring record until injuries took their toll. Probably the worst scenario is an injury prone player who has fallen down the pecking order, who needs a run of games to get his sharpness back. Add in that player being on massive wages and it makes it worse.

Hopefully Sturridge can turn it around but the odds don't look great at the moment.
"Ohhh-kayyy"

Offline diegoLFC7

• Legacy Fan
  • LFC
« Reply #2902 on: December 7, 2016, 05:44:08 am »
Sturridge never looked the player he was in 13-14 after his long injury. He lost pace, and creativity. He's still scoring goals but he's not the player he was. He's injured for half the season every season, and is never going to be first choice. He can go score goals in another team for all i care, hell be injured in the third consecutive game he plays anyways.
Seen us win everything

Offline Fitzy.

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Indefatigability
« Reply #2903 on: December 7, 2016, 07:40:27 am »
That's just not true is it?

I thought it was. He had a minor knock for Barca friendly which meant Klopp kept him out. Any others.

Offline asim173

• Main Stander
« Reply #2904 on: December 7, 2016, 07:56:54 am »
Sturridge never looked the player he was in 13-14 after his long injury. He lost pace, and creativity. He's still scoring goals but he's not the player he was. He's injured for half the season every season, and is never going to be first choice. He can go score goals in another team for all i care, hell be injured in the third consecutive game he plays anyways.

Why do I get the feeling if we sold him, he'd somehow overcome his injury problems with another team and start banging in the goals all.year round?

Offline diegoLFC7

• Legacy Fan
  • LFC
« Reply #2905 on: December 7, 2016, 08:16:42 am »
Why do I get the feeling if we sold him, he'd somehow overcome his injury problems with another team and start banging in the goals all.year round?
Injuries are not like form. His body is fragile, were the only team in the world that knows how to handle his training regimen so that he avoids injuries yet he still always picks up so "niggles". If he goes to another club hell do his hamstring once a month.
Seen us win everything

Online Eeyore

• "I have no problem whatsoever stating that FSG have done a good job.".Mo Money, Mo Problems to invent. Number 1 is Carragher. Number 2 is Carragher. Number 3 is Carragher. Number 4 is Carragher. Likes to play God in his spare time.
  • Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT 97
« Reply #2906 on: December 7, 2016, 08:45:58 am »
I thought it was. He had a minor knock for Barca friendly which meant Klopp kept him out. Any others.

According to physioroom this is Sturridge's 4th injury since May.

http://www.physioroom.com/news/english_premier_league/players/2578/daniel_sturridge_injury.html

I honestly can't remember the last time Sturridge wasn't recovering from injury or trying to regain his sharpness. Klopp has tried everything he can to get Sturridge right but every time he gets anywhere near match sharpness he seems to pick up a niggling injury that sets him back again.
"Ohhh-kayyy"

Offline Fitzy.

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Indefatigability
« Reply #2907 on: December 7, 2016, 08:47:51 am »
According to physioroom this is Sturridge's 4th injury since May.

http://www.physioroom.com/news/english_premier_league/players/2578/daniel_sturridge_injury.html

I honestly can't remember the last time Sturridge wasn't recovering from injury or trying to regain his sharpness. Klopp has tried everything he can to get Sturridge right but every time he gets anywhere near match sharpness he seems to pick up a niggling injury that sets him back again.
Ok, but he's been available since Burnley up to last week hasn't he?

Offline Anfield89

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2908 on: December 7, 2016, 08:52:21 am »
Injuries are not like form. His body is fragile, were the only team in the world that knows how to handle his training regimen so that he avoids injuries yet he still always picks up so "niggles". If he goes to another club hell do his hamstring once a month.

Of course we are not the only team to be able to handle a injury prone player. It would only make sense selling him if your getting a equal or better player to replace him.
The argument to keep him just incase he goes somewhere else and scores loads of goals is pathetic.

Online Eeyore

• Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT 97
« Reply #2909 on: December 7, 2016, 09:27:50 am »
Ok, but he's been available since Burnley up to last week hasn't he?

Pretty sure he missed training after the Chelsea game and wasn't available mid week for the Derby game. The biggest issue though is that he is on a personalised training regime and is playing very little game time but still picking up niggles. For me Firmino didn't look 100% at the weekend and Origi tired and we really could of done with a player of the quality of Sturridge .

If you aren't a first choice player then you simply have to be able to keep yourself ticking over and able to step in and take your chance when it comes along. Unfortunately for Sturridge at the present time he doesn't seem capable of doing that.

With Ings out for the season, Coutinho out and Mane due to be missing in the new year it is the perfect opportunity for Sturridge to force his way back in but he doesn't seem to be able to catch a break at the moment.
"Ohhh-kayyy"

Offline asim173

• Main Stander
« Reply #2910 on: December 7, 2016, 10:36:55 am »
Potentially, but medical staff at different clubs will try different methods because at the moment, nothing seems to work with him.
His "niggles" aren't normal niggles from what im seeing, he's never out for a short period of time, it's usually multiple weeks

Online cdav

• Is Melissa Reddy. Confirmed by himself. (Probably not though, he's a much better writer.)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2911 on: December 7, 2016, 11:26:06 am »
Pretty sure he missed training after the Chelsea game and wasn't available mid week for the Derby game. The biggest issue though is that he is on a personalised training regime and is playing very little game time but still picking up niggles. For me Firmino didn't look 100% at the weekend and Origi tired and we really could of done with a player of the quality of Sturridge .

If you aren't a first choice player then you simply have to be able to keep yourself ticking over and able to step in and take your chance when it comes along. Unfortunately for Sturridge at the present time he doesn't seem capable of doing that.

With Ings out for the season, Coutinho out and Mane due to be missing in the new year it is the perfect opportunity for Sturridge to force his way back in but he doesn't seem to be able to catch a break at the moment.

Did he get injured whilst away with England again as Jack said on the other page? Was he on his personalised training plan or the generic England  plan of running the Liverpool players into the ground in order to return them injured?

I agree he can't seem to catch a break at the moment, when he was playing he was so unlucky not to score or assist in most appearances- I was sure (and still am) that when he returns he is about to go on a scoring run.

Offline Kenny's Jacket

• Kenny's Vegan Jacket Potato. Talks more sense than me.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2912 on: December 7, 2016, 07:15:29 pm »

He missed the Arsenal league game and now again. So injury No2 for the season

You can say hes unlucky but it keeps happening. At the start of the season when he was arguably first choice (He started the Burnley game, this was the first league game he was eligible for, but didn't look as sharp as  the others who were ahead of him in terms of developing their fitness.

He played well v Watford and Southampton when he came on, Coutinho gets injured, his chance again but hes injured again.

Since Suarez left his average league goals per season is about 5. Its so depressing.
As I've said before, the Full English is just the base upon which the Scots/Welsh/NI have improved upon. Sorry but the Full English is the worst of the British breakfasts.

Offline Number 7

• Gegenpresser
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • And the sweet silver song of a lark..
« Reply #2913 on: December 7, 2016, 07:48:28 pm »
We don't rely on him anymore. Origi has scored 3 goals in 3 games. It's frustrating that the moment he could have come back in to the team is the moment he gets injured.

It is what it is. He's injured, and that's it. He won't be fit until he's fit and there is nothing we can do. It would nice if he could come back for the xmas schedule where we play so many games. But nobody knows if that will happen. I honestly think that with Sturridge the club doesn't come out and give a timeline anymore because it just creates hysteria amongst everyone, the media included. If they would have said 3 weeks out that's exactly what it would have caused.
YWNA

Offline newterp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2914 on: December 7, 2016, 08:06:27 pm »
He likely will miss this game - but based on the reports it seems like there is a chance he will be fit after that - and that would be helpful as we play wednesday and tuesday (middlesbrough and everton) - then we have an odd 8 day break before we play Stoke and Man Manchester City within 48 hours.

Offline gatcliffe

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2915 on: December 9, 2016, 07:26:37 pm »
Seems he is not training at moment and will also miss Borough game per Klopp's press conference today.

Offline newterp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2916 on: December 9, 2016, 07:41:35 pm »
Seems he is not training at moment and will also miss Borough game per Klopp's press conference today.

Also Boro? Nice one Danny.....the slight calf injury has caused him to miss 4-5 games?

Offline groove

• eeeeee baby!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2917 on: December 9, 2016, 07:48:44 pm »
Klopp said he is training? Back on the pitch doing fitness/rehab training today?

Offline gatcliffe

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2918 on: December 9, 2016, 07:55:44 pm »
Klopp said he is training? Back on the pitch doing fitness/rehab training today?
Just rehab work with fitness coach.

Offline diegoLFC7

• Legacy Fan
  • LFC
« Reply #2919 on: December 9, 2016, 08:49:08 pm »
Sturridge is absolutely finished. Origi is the main man now.
Seen us win everything