Author Topic: Our fantastic away support  (Read 1520286 times)

Offline Always_A_Red

• Legacy Fan
  • The reds are coming up the hill boys
Re: Our fantastic away support
« Reply #7600 on: December 14, 2016, 10:03:19 pm »
Made me really jealous I wasn't there tonight. Fair play to all those that made the journey, you did us all proud!
We’ll still finish in top four - and they won’t. You can quote me on this in May.

Offline Caffeine

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7601 on: December 14, 2016, 10:06:19 pm »
I was in the Boro west stand opposite tonight and the travelling Kop were loud as fuck all night.

It helped that all of Boro's songs were to the tune of some of our classics ;D

Offline xRedmanLFCx

• Legacy Fan
  • Of the glory, round the fields, of Anfield Road!
« Reply #7602 on: December 14, 2016, 10:12:16 pm »
Sounded boss tonight. From the first whistle to the last. Well in lads. Need to make this a regular occurence now.
I always said we had the best two teams on Merseyside… Liverpool and Liverpool Reserves.

Offline OzBomber

• Favourite manager Tommy Tootchel favourite Player Naby 'lid' Kyta
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7603 on: December 14, 2016, 10:22:44 pm »
Give those lads their own section at Anfield and you're halfway to solving the atmosphere issue. Absolutely boss atmosphere tonight!

Offline RedPat

• Legacy Fan
  • Kenny Godglish
« Reply #7604 on: December 14, 2016, 10:29:05 pm »
Give those lads their own section at Anfield and you're halfway to solving the atmosphere issue. Absolutely boss atmosphere tonight!
Just leaving Boro best away end in ages because there was zero corporates and sponsors guests a load of young scouse lads that were fucking brilliant.
Kenny Godglish

Offline FlashGordon

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • RAWK Cheltenham 2021 Champion Tipster*
« Reply #7605 on: December 14, 2016, 10:29:16 pm »
Absolutely top class and a credit to the club. Seeing that young lad get Henderson's jersey was unreal.
So bloody what? If you watch football to be absolutely miserable then go watch cricket.

Online swoopy

• not a mod. At all. Like ever. And certainly not on the ticket board that's for sure. Not for want of trying. Can't spell Irmingham either.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7606 on: December 14, 2016, 10:30:23 pm »
Was great being part of that tonight :D

Offline rawcusk8

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7607 on: December 14, 2016, 10:57:36 pm »
Absolutely top class and a credit to the club. Seeing that young lad get Henderson's jersey was unreal.
Anybody got a video of this? Love seeing stuff like this, the kid must have been made up.
“If you even dream of beating me you'd better wake up and apologize.” - muhammad ali

Offline FlashGordon

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • RAWK Cheltenham 2021 Champion Tipster*
« Reply #7608 on: December 14, 2016, 11:26:03 pm »
Anybody got a video of this? Love seeing stuff like this, the kid must have been made up.

Not sure if there's a video about, it was just on whatever stream I was watching, a kid up on presumably his dad's shoulders and Hendo picking him out and throwing the jersey to him. Great to see.
So bloody what? If you watch football to be absolutely miserable then go watch cricket.

Offline harrylfc

• Legacy Fan
  • XABI'S MATE
« Reply #7609 on: December 14, 2016, 11:29:56 pm »
We were great tonight,never shut up from first whistle to last,great atmosphere...

Offline Paullfc95

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7610 on: December 15, 2016, 12:31:50 am »
Great that, miles better than some of the 'bigger' aways I've done this year.

Offline andy07

• Shat himself
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7611 on: December 15, 2016, 12:57:34 am »
Just got back and watching the goals on MOTD.  A proper away, no whoppers (well there was one), loud throughout, awesome!
We are Loyal Supporters

Offline andy07

• Shat himself
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7612 on: December 15, 2016, 01:04:20 am »
Sounded boss tonight. From the first whistle to the last. Well in lads. Need to make this a regular occurence now.

This game stood out a mile as a proper away on the fixture list, midweek before Xmas, unfashionable opposition, all the ingredients of a proper away.  It lived up to expectations.
We are Loyal Supporters

Offline vivabobbygraham

• Waiting for the silver bus. Gobshites- united- will never be defeated. Whip him, beat him, call him Barbara, he can live with it. Self confessed c*nt (apparently)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The boys pen cured my acne
« Reply #7613 on: December 15, 2016, 02:36:19 am »
Full of scousers ???
...If you can meet with triumph and disaster
And treat those two imposters just the same

Online meady1981

• Confuses “Scottish” with “Scotch”.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • LEGACY FAN
« Reply #7614 on: December 15, 2016, 07:42:18 am »
Full of scousers ???

Young cocky loud ones. In groups.

Offline gregorio

• Loves Chelsea's staff.
  • Legacy Fan
  • At this particular moment in time
« Reply #7615 on: December 15, 2016, 08:13:20 am »

Was saying exactly the same on the way home, I suspect the club doesnt fancy the edge that comes with it though

Anyone know why ambulance crew came in?
'When they start singing 'You’ll Never Walk Alone' my eyes start to water. There have been times when I’ve actually been crying while I’ve been playing'

Offline gregorio

• Loves Chelsea's staff.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7616 on: December 15, 2016, 08:15:19 am »
Sounded absolutely class tonight.  No one could say we need new songs listening to that!  Looked great at the end too with Klopp and the lads in front of the fans. Well in  :thumbup

It was great but we still need a few new songs for individual players I reckon
'When they start singing 'You’ll Never Walk Alone' my eyes start to water. There have been times when I’ve actually been crying while I’ve been playing'

Online Red_Mist

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • CORGI registered friend (but not a gas engineer)
« Reply #7617 on: December 15, 2016, 08:33:57 am »

Anyone know why ambulance crew came in?
They said at the time on Radio Merseyside that someone had collapsed in our end. Hope he/she is okay.

Offline Craig S

• KOP CONDUCTOR
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7618 on: December 15, 2016, 08:45:59 am »
They said at the time on Radio Merseyside that someone had collapsed in our end. Hope he/she is okay.

They are ok. It's our mate. He's still in hospital in boro now. He collapsed due to low blood pressure. Paramedics and st johns were really good n the ground.

Offline Buck Pete

• GV66 LJF for short. King Kong Balls. Bathes in peat. Partial to a walnut whip. Gets wet for 24/7 but disappointed Chopper. On the mortgage blacklist. Too tight to really be called a
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7619 on: December 15, 2016, 08:56:35 am »
Fucking ace away. 

See that lad run on the pitch and shake Origi's hand after the third goal? :lmao

Divok was cool and shook his hand then the lad saw a load of stewards heading his way he ran back with a big daft smile on his face and dived back into our crowd. Despite trying I don't think the stewards got him either. Absolutely class and so fucking funny. 

After the mini pitch invasion the coppers lined up at the front big time so a few little kids had to get on their dads shoulders to see the rest of the game.  Hendo and one of the other players (possibly Lovren) picked out a few of the kids on shoulders at the end and gave them their shirts. So it turns out the coppers did those lucky lads a favour!! :)

Boro didn't go to heavy on the 'never get a job' or 'feed the Scousers' which surprised me and also gave a rapturous round of applause when we sang 'Justice for the 96'. Fair play to them for that :)

The Riverside has defo changed for the better since I was last there for sure.  Looks like they are making a nice job around the stadium too.  Hope they stay up.

They are ok. It's our mate. He's still in hospital in boro now. He collapsed due to low blood pressure. Paramedics and st johns were really good n the ground.

Nice one Craig!!  :wave

Offline gregorio

• Loves Chelsea's staff.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7620 on: December 15, 2016, 09:02:36 am »

Good to hear he's ok

Offline AP823

• Kopite
  • Ap Singh - @ApSingh823
« Reply #7621 on: December 15, 2016, 11:05:52 am »
It was great but we still need a few new songs for individual players I reckon

this!
"Some people cannot see a priest on a mountain of sugar."
Rafa Benitez

Offline AP823

• Kopite
  • Ap Singh - @ApSingh823
« Reply #7622 on: December 15, 2016, 11:11:31 am »

presume you are one of Jamies and ABJ mates as I know J went to the hospital. Glad to hear he is doing better.

and on a side note, great away day. Minibus trip, 15 of us, had such a great time. standing with mates, singing some boss classic songs, but I really hate going to grounds with someone on a drum. we sang our songs away and was really good for virtually the whole game. Great reaction by the players and Klopp at the end, you can tell they loved the support.

Only downer for us, put a picture on twitter of the lads, we are a group mixed with white and asian lads, and getting racial slurs from couple of evertonians. laughed it off as it looked like 12 year olds running their mouths but cant wait for monday now.
Rafa Benitez

Offline Caffeine

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7623 on: December 15, 2016, 11:22:26 am »

Boro didn't go to heavy on the 'never get a job' or 'feed the Scousers' which surprised me and also gave a rapturous round of applause when we sang 'Justice for the 96'. Fair play to them for that :)

The Riverside has defo changed for the better since I was last there for sure.  Looks like they are making a nice job around the stadium too.  Hope they stay up.

Gave me goosepimples that round of applause. Superb.

The area around the ground was far better than I expected it to be.

I really had to stop myself jumping up for that second goal, it was brilliant.

Offline Craig S

• KOP CONDUCTOR
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7624 on: December 15, 2016, 11:23:47 am »
presume you are one of Jamies and ABJ mates as I know J went to the hospital. Glad to hear he is doing better.

Yes, I was with him in the hospital last night. They have discharged him now, heading to train station.

I think I might know who you are.

Offline stevienash

• Legacy Fan
  • 'White liquid in a bottle has to be milk.'"
« Reply #7625 on: December 15, 2016, 12:01:02 pm »

and on a side note, great away day. Minibus trip, 15 of us, had such a great time. standing with mates, singing some boss classic songs, but I really hate going to grounds with someone on a drum. we sang our songs away and was really good for virtually the whole game. Great reaction by the players and Klopp at the end, you can tell they loved the support.

Only downer for us, put a picture on twitter of the lads, we are a group mixed with white and asian lads, and getting racial slurs from couple of evertonians. laughed it off as it looked like 12 year olds running their mouths but cant wait for monday now.

I saw the crap that one T$%t was posting mate! Top picture rise above there crap

Offline Smudge

• Epic Troll and one hell of a Richarlison...
  • Anny Roader
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #7626 on: December 15, 2016, 12:20:19 pm »
I've read a lot on social media that last night was the best away end for sometime and the best to have visited the riverside this season. I see only one reason for this, a northern away crowd and no southerners. Keep aways scouse.

I can't be arsed to change my Tapatalk settings because my time is more important than yours

Offline OzBomber

• Favourite manager Tommy Tootchel favourite Player Naby 'lid' Kyta
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7627 on: December 15, 2016, 12:24:21 pm »
Was saying exactly the same on the way home, I suspect the club doesnt fancy the edge that comes with it though

What do you mean by "edge"?

Offline Dull Tools

• Likes James Corden.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7628 on: December 15, 2016, 12:26:02 pm »
I've read a lot on social media that last night was the best away end for sometime and the best to have visited the riverside this season. I see only one reason for this, a northern away crowd and no southerners. Keep aways scouse.

I can't be arsed to change my Tapatalk settings because my time is more important than yours
Yeah all southerners don't sing and all scousers are amazing. Have you been down the front of the kop?

Offline pyroparty

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7629 on: December 15, 2016, 12:31:33 pm »
azy ‏@azymanzur 14h14 hours ago
Liverpool are easily the best attacking side i've seen come to the Riverside. Their fans were class too. Hope they win the league. #LFC

Well in lids!!

Offline AaronSingh25

• Never Going to Grow Old. Dis-
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7630 on: December 15, 2016, 12:33:00 pm »
Brilliant. Just brilliant.

That was the first time i had been in the Liverpool end on away fixture for a few seasons and it was one of the best atmosphere's in a long time. Right before kick off, to the end - just brilliant. Stewards were saying that was the best atmosphere away fans had bought to Boro in years.

What i noticed was there was a much younger demographic amongst the supporters, which i hadn't seen in a long time - they were absolutely boss. They were all upfront, and gave some hostile abuse to the Manc full back. Just very hardcore.

The Alonso, Mascherano, Sissoko song was so random and sung so many times, but loved it. Which leads me to the following - Generic songs for players. We've resorted to just shouting the players name, rather than a decent song.

Want to ackowleldge the Boro fans, even though we were taking the piss out of their songs - there hardcore supporters all got up and applauded when we sang 'justice for the 96' - really brilliant to see.

Had a fantastic time. Loved Klopp at the end.

Furthermore, the friendship and togetherness amongst our away fans is just brilliant. So much hugging, hand shakes, no idiots, no rude fuckers, nothing - just a togetherness. Obviously helps we played so well.
« Last Edit: December 15, 2016, 12:35:59 pm by AaronSingh25 »

Offline AP823

• Kopite
  • Ap Singh - @ApSingh823
« Reply #7631 on: December 15, 2016, 12:35:54 pm »

because we go every away game (missed only burnley this season) and just stand there. not as if lost my voice as usual and cut my shins after we scored the 2/3 goal in the celebrations.

dont matter where you from, attend the game if you want to SUPPORT the team
Rafa Benitez

Offline AP823

• Kopite
  • Ap Singh - @ApSingh823
« Reply #7632 on: December 15, 2016, 12:37:35 pm »
I saw the crap that one T$%t was posting mate! Top picture rise above there crap

yea he was a bellend, we just laughed it off really, ABJ responses were great 
Rafa Benitez

Offline redgriffin73

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Thanks for everything Rafa. Nunca Caminarás Solo.
« Reply #7633 on: December 15, 2016, 01:18:29 pm »
Brilliant. Just brilliant.

That was the first time i had been in the Liverpool end on away fixture for a few seasons and it was one of the best atmosphere's in a long time. Right before kick off, to the end - just brilliant. Stewards were saying that was the best atmosphere away fans had bought to Boro in years.

What i noticed was there was a much younger demographic amongst the supporters, which i hadn't seen in a long time - they were absolutely boss. They were all upfront, and gave some hostile abuse to the Manc full back. Just very hardcore.

The Alonso, Mascherano, Sissoko song was so random and sung so many times, but loved it. Which leads me to the following - Generic songs for players. We've resorted to just shouting the players name, rather than a decent song.

Want to ackowleldge the Boro fans, even though we were taking the piss out of their songs - there hardcore supporters all got up and applauded when we sang 'justice for the 96' - really brilliant to see.

Had a fantastic time. Loved Klopp at the end.

Furthermore, the friendship and togetherness amongst our away fans is just brilliant. So much hugging, hand shakes, no idiots, no rude fuckers, nothing - just a togetherness. Obviously helps we played so well.

Yep, one of the best aways in a long time atmosphere wise.

Only shit song I heard from Boro fans (their drum aside) was about Gerrard and that was drowned out in seconds. Their applause for JFT96 was great.

Singing the Best Midfield in the World was funny too as it just drowned out whatever they were singing to the same tune - that and Luis Garcia, although I know that won't be popular with some!

Was amusing when some of the players' names were getting sung to the same tune at the same time - Lallana, Origi, Firmino all getting mixed together, bloke by me ended up singing Bobby Lallana at one point. ;D

Was surprised by the complete lack of any kind of security/search when we went in, except for a police dog sniffing around.

Seemed like just about all the players gave their shirts to the crowd which is great to see. One little lad we were talking to beforehand was at his first game and it's his birthday today so I hope he got one, he may well be the one with Hendo's from the pics I've seen.

Great night all round, just what was needed after the last couple of weeks. :thumbup
Rafa Benitez: "I'll always keep in my heart the good times I've had here, the strong and loyal support of the fans in the tough times and the love from Liverpool. I have no words to thank you enough for all these years and I am very proud to say that I was your manager. Thank you so much once more and always remember: You'll never walk alone."

Offline Medellin

• Self-confessed daft meff.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Sound
« Reply #7634 on: December 15, 2016, 01:32:35 pm »
Yep great support & very envious having missed it.
Well in lads & lasses!  :wellin
Support the team,Trust & Believe.

Offline apassant77

• Kopite
« Reply #7635 on: December 15, 2016, 01:38:12 pm »
Hopefully all those noisy young scousers will be at the Southampton game as we might struggle for an atmosphere  otherwise

Offline RedPat

• Legacy Fan
  • Kenny Godglish
« Reply #7636 on: December 15, 2016, 02:12:10 pm »
Gave me goosepimples that round of applause. Superb.

The area around the ground was far better than I expected it to be.

I really had to stop myself jumping up for that second goal, it was brilliant.
Idiot beside me which was right next to
Hopefully all those noisy young scousers will be at the Southampton game as we might struggle for an atmosphere  otherwise
I honestly feel the away end last night contributed hugely to the comfortable win the young and I mean 14 to 18 year old mad little scousers were the primary reason the end was incredible they were infectious they had the auld fellas rolling back the years and joining in and jumping around like lunatics why can't the club see this and stop whipping more tickets off us for sterile sponsors tickets and sell/give them to the young ones I guarantee you we would win more points.
Kenny Godglish

Offline Canada Loves Anfield

• Everything you do is a balloon
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Born Under a Liverbird
« Reply #7637 on: December 15, 2016, 02:32:35 pm »

Saw a good shot of him in the hospital giving the finger to the camera
If it acts like a cock and a banner appears on the kop with its name written down the shaft of a cock, it probably is...

Liverpool FC - Toronto Supporters Club: http://lfctoronto.com/

Offline stevienash

• Legacy Fan
  • 'White liquid in a bottle has to be milk.'"
« Reply #7638 on: December 15, 2016, 04:08:30 pm »
yea he was a bellend, we just laughed it off really, ABJ responses were great

yes was those responses from ABJ were class  ;D

Online Red_Mist

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • CORGI registered friend (but not a gas engineer)
« Reply #7639 on: December 15, 2016, 04:14:25 pm »

Yes, I was with him in the hospital last night. They have discharged him now, heading to train station.
Good to hear that Craig. Nice one.