Author Topic: Roy, nice guy...but it just didn't work out.  (Read 29976 times)

Offline jobba

• No new LFC topics
  • Main Stander
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: Roy, nice guy...but it just didn't work out.
« Reply #280 on: January 9, 2011, 01:04:53 am »
I still aint hearing "Im sorry" so fuck off roy
the tit sacks goin away speech was written for him

Offline shelovesyou

• andyouknow youshouldbe glad OOOOOOH!!!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Yes
« Reply #281 on: January 9, 2011, 01:13:26 am »
Was never the best appointment , we tried to back you but you didnt make it easy.
Good luck for the future.
the easiest way for me to grow as a person is to surround myself with people smarter than I am

Offline Trada

• Fully paid up member of the JC cult. Ex-Tory boy. Corbyn's Chief Hagiographer. Sometimes hasn't got a kloop.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Trada
« Reply #282 on: January 9, 2011, 01:22:46 am »
Hodgson Liverpool Manager what we he be know for as Liverpool manager.

Scratching his ass and rubbing his face.

Remove him from our history books and move on a media experiment that went wrong.
Don't blame me I voted for Jeremy Corbyn!!

Miss you Tracy more and more every day xxx

“I carry them with me: what they would have thought and said and done. Make them a part of who I am. So even though they’re gone from the world they’re never gone from me.

Offline Gobias Industries

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #283 on: January 9, 2011, 01:30:45 am »
I feel sorry for Roy. He never knew what he was doing and things got on top of him quickly. His signings and tactics were a disaster, but he wasn't trying to fail. He wanted to succeed here. Anyone would.

Bye Roy. Good luck in the future, unless you face us again.

He'll probably be the West Ham manager or something.

Offline GrkStav

• Has a statuette of Lucas on the bonnet of his car which he polishes lovingly with Lucas Brasso. Glen Johnson's biggest fan. Doesn't have a "fucken clue" where L4 is
  • Legacy Fan
  • Not very good at 'banter'.
« Reply #284 on: January 9, 2011, 01:35:03 am »
I feel sorry for Roy. He never knew what he was doing and things got on top of him quickly. His signings and tactics were a disaster, but he wasn't trying to fail. He wanted to succeed here. Anyone would.

I don't quite understand how the part in bold is supposed to somehow count in his favor. Seriously, who thought or claimed that he was "trying to fail"?

What really irked most of us, on top of the actual job performance which sucked, was his RESPONSES to media questions and his own, unsolicited often, ramblings. I don't give a flying fyck how hard he was trying. At one point or another he attempted to "blame" the former manager, the fans, the size of the squad, the quality of the squad, the character of the players, etc. When he came out and said that he can't do any better and that ANYONE working with the current squad would produce the same results it didn't take a genius to figure out that it was time for him to go.
Ludi Circenses!

Offline bigbear

• offering a $10,000 reward for information leading to arrest and imprisonment of the international porridge thief and furniture wrecker Goldilocks
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #285 on: January 9, 2011, 01:36:49 am »

I'm sure the 5m deposited in his bin will have softened his pain.

Wish someone would sack me and pay me 3 years dough.

Offline LFCpostCOM

• Anny Roader
  • YNWA
    • LFCPost.com
« Reply #286 on: January 9, 2011, 01:42:10 am »
Tried to turn us into a club he could manage. May as well have tried to turn back the tide.

Nice guy tag not deserved.

All the best none the less Mr H. Suggest you take some refresher courses on modern football tactics.
Join the union: www.spiritofshankly.com

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #287 on: January 9, 2011, 01:43:36 am »
I don't quite understand how the part in bold is supposed to somehow count in his favor. Seriously, who thought or claimed that he was "trying to fail"?

What really irked most of us, on top of the actual job performance which sucked, was his RESPONSES to media questions and his own, unsolicited often, ramblings. I don't give a flying fyck how hard he was trying. At one point or another he attempted to "blame" the former manager, the fans, the size of the squad, the quality of the squad, the character of the players, etc. When he came out and said that he can't do any better and that ANYONE working with the current squad would produce the same results it didn't take a genius to figure out that it was time for him to go.

It seems as though you are arguing the point that he wasn't good enough to me. I've been very vocal about my desire to see him sacked for months now. I was vocal about my lack of desire for him to be appointed before he got here. I'm just stepping back and not being bitter about it. He did shite here, but he's gone now. We carry on.

Offline LFCpostCOM

• Anny Roader
  • YNWA
    • LFCPost.com
« Reply #288 on: January 9, 2011, 01:44:31 am »
I'm sure the 5m deposited in his bin will have softened his pain.

Wish someone would sack me and pay me 3 years dough.

I doubt he received full payout, especially under mutual consent. May have just got money for rest of the season. I expect the owners also included a hush clause to stop him from rubbishing the club in the press. He was bad enough when supposedly working for us.
Join the union: www.spiritofshankly.com

Offline GrkStav

• Has a statuette of Lucas on the bonnet of his car which he polishes lovingly with Lucas Brasso. Glen Johnson's biggest fan. Doesn't have a "fucken clue" where L4 is
  • Legacy Fan
  • Not very good at 'banter'.
« Reply #289 on: January 9, 2011, 01:45:36 am »
It seems as though you are arguing the point that he wasn't good enough to me. I've been very vocal about my desire to see him sacked for months now. I was vocal about my lack of desire for him to be appointed before he got here. I'm just stepping back and not being bitter about it. He did shite here, but he's gone now. We carry on.

What I am facing is a "failure to communicate". I may be the one who failed to communicate, of course.
Ludi Circenses!

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #290 on: January 9, 2011, 01:54:43 am »
What I am facing is a "failure to communicate". I may be the one who failed to communicate, of course.

Haha! No problem mate ;) We're on the same side, as we should all be now that the King is back.

Offline est 1892

• Kemlynite
« Reply #291 on: January 9, 2011, 02:39:56 am »
good luck roy in everything you do in the future.

you tried your best. just a pity it seems the job and club were too big for you.

theres many more at the club should hang their heads in shame, they didnt help you one bit.

Offline MassDriver

• Custom Tit... Shithouse lover... Politically correct and metrosexual cave dweller.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hasta la victoria siempre
« Reply #292 on: January 9, 2011, 05:44:44 am »

And what is your freaking point? Are you actually suggesting that since he was found out to be not good enough , giving him dogs abuse was the way to ago about it? I have seen you post repeatedly in this thread without actually trying to make any kind of point , except for angst filled responses to those who actually wish him well in the future and bear no ill will towards him because he is , you know , GONE now.

You will never walk alone , Shanklyboy. RIP.

I am the Eye in the Sky, looking at you, I can read your mind. I am the maker of rules, dealing with fools, I can cheat you blind. Looking at you, I can read your mind

Offline kcbworth

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #293 on: January 9, 2011, 05:49:11 am »
For whatever reason, I don't feel sorry for him. I think all he needed to do was listen and show some respect and he would have gained much greater support, but he just seemed to refuse to do this, and for that, my memories of him will be of someone who was arrogant, conceited, and an embarrassment to our club.

Offline Dan86

• Kopite
« Reply #294 on: January 9, 2011, 05:51:02 am »
If you walk away without your 3 mill compensation, i'll have some respect for you Hodgson. if not, I have none. Do one.
"if you're in the penalty area and don't know what to do with the ball, put it in the net and we'll discuss the options later"
- Bob Paisley

Offline PortableRed

• Main Stander
« Reply #295 on: January 9, 2011, 05:52:12 am »
It would be hilarious if Poulson and Konchesky turned world class the moment he walked out the door.

Offline MassDriver

• Custom Tit... Shithouse lover... Politically correct and metrosexual cave dweller.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hasta la victoria siempre
« Reply #296 on: January 9, 2011, 05:54:44 am »
It would be hilarious if Poulson and Konchesky turned world class the moment he walked out the door.

Somehow I seriously doubt it..

But I am sure Kenny will find ways to accommodate them in the squad and get them playing better than they've done. Poulsen has had , what , 6-7 starts for us?
You will never walk alone , Shanklyboy. RIP.

I am the Eye in the Sky, looking at you, I can read your mind. I am the maker of rules, dealing with fools, I can cheat you blind. Looking at you, I can read your mind

Offline wazhell

• RAWK Supporter
  • Boys Pen
« Reply #297 on: January 9, 2011, 05:59:49 am »
Such a shame Roy had to go, just as he was on the verge of solving the club's greatest problem -- the lack of capacity at Anfield.

Offline nocturnalvin

• Legacy Fan
  • Justice For The 96.
« Reply #298 on: January 9, 2011, 06:01:08 am »
What struck me was how inept he was tactically.

How he manage 35 years in the game is quite a mystery.

Offline StevePass

• TheBloodyBallWillYer?!
  • Anny Roader
  • Talks cock and bull.
« Reply #299 on: January 9, 2011, 06:03:47 am »
Thanks Christian Purslow, but no thanks.

Offline GaryM

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
  • Nunca Caminarás Solo.
« Reply #300 on: January 9, 2011, 06:27:47 am »
I'm just glad I can ignore him from now on.
"There's not one club in Europe with an anthem like You'll Never Walk Alone. There's not one club in the world so united with the fans. I sat there watching the Liverpool fans and they sent shivers down my spine. A mass of 40,000 people became one force behind their team ... For that I admire Liverpool more than anything" Johan Cryuff

Offline Jookie

• Ruptures, then repairs the tears
  • Legacy Fan
  • Muted Al 666's posts for my own sanity
« Reply #301 on: January 9, 2011, 06:46:33 am »

Doubt it. But given our squad I think Kenny will have to use them at some point. Hopefully they'll just be seen as normal players now rather than Roy signings. Might relieve some of the pressure on them.
I think Jookie might just be the best fisherman on this thread.

Offline rossipersempre

• On the lookuyt for a new winger since 2007 BC. Prodigal, Son.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #302 on: January 9, 2011, 08:26:33 am »
What's all this two-faced sympathy lark?

Good fucking riddance.
My scouse, the often busted but seldom battered Mr Flabby Whore Alien. Who will not send in cottoned wool, bubbled rap, shiny sliver spaced blanket and sum beefy Bovril to keep it warm and safe and snag as bag in a rag? Oh Whore yours is a sweeter leftish peg

Offline rossipersempre

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #303 on: January 9, 2011, 08:27:57 am »
What struck me was how inept he was tactically.

How he manage 35 years in the game is quite a mystery.
He doesn't have 35 years experience, he just has 5 years, 7 times repeated.
My scouse, the often busted but seldom battered Mr Flabby Whore Alien. Who will not send in cottoned wool, bubbled rap, shiny sliver spaced blanket and sum beefy Bovril to keep it warm and safe and snag as bag in a rag? Oh Whore yours is a sweeter leftish peg

Offline rossipersempre

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #304 on: January 9, 2011, 08:32:56 am »
Actually make that 420 months' experience, amounting to 15 months (his average tenure over the years), 28 times over.

OFC must be gutted we've taken his average even lower.

Offline rednich85

• Gargantuan Wanker. Intimately linked to Keys and Gray.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Stay Black. That's the most important thing.
« Reply #305 on: January 9, 2011, 08:35:51 am »
What's all this two-faced sympathy lark?

Good fucking riddance.

haha exactly.

He's gone.

Thank fuck.
"Smart people believe weird things because they are skilled at defending beliefs they arrived at for non-smart reasons."

@rednich85

Offline Espresso Bar

• Kopite
« Reply #306 on: January 9, 2011, 08:35:55 am »
Do the media still want him to manage England?

If not, why not?

Offline Mackinaw Peach

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
  • Wigan address
« Reply #307 on: January 9, 2011, 08:37:00 am »
Shhh! The requiem for Roy is now playing on 5 live. Garry Richardson is beside himself.

Offline redforlife

• For future reference an equals sign looks like this: =
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We Are Liverpool
« Reply #308 on: January 9, 2011, 08:37:56 am »
It's never nice when a manager leaves and we're lucky that most managers have been given plenty of time, but Hodgson was doing so much damage he had to go.  And to be honest he was only ever manager in name only.

I am gutted that it's broken the sequence of all our managers since Shankly winning at least one trophy.

Didi Hamann

In the corridors and changing rooms of Anfield I met many people - the great, the talented, the legendary.  I know that I only met one genius.  He was a small, smiling man with a neatly clipped beard.  His name was Rafael Benitez.

Offline rednich85

• Gargantuan Wanker. Intimately linked to Keys and Gray.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Stay Black. That's the most important thing.
« Reply #309 on: January 9, 2011, 08:40:01 am »
And to be honest he was only ever manager in name only.

Very true.

I am gutted that it's broken the sequence of all our managers since Shankly winning at least one trophy.

How can you make the first statement then make the second?

Why would you be gutted ?
"Smart people believe weird things because they are skilled at defending beliefs they arrived at for non-smart reasons."

@rednich85

Offline redforlife

• For future reference an equals sign looks like this: =
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We Are Liverpool
« Reply #310 on: January 9, 2011, 08:44:03 am »
Gutted that the sequence is broken not gutted for Roy. 

It's not the biggest thing to get worked up about but I was always proud that even during the dark days of Souness we won the FA Cup, and Evans won us the League Cup.

I suppose I can always get round it by classing Hodgson alongside Moran as a caretaker only.
Didi Hamann

In the corridors and changing rooms of Anfield I met many people - the great, the talented, the legendary.  I know that I only met one genius.  He was a small, smiling man with a neatly clipped beard.  His name was Rafael Benitez.

Offline Gojedo

• Can your garage boast an ex-Red as a mechanic? Yes? Ah but is it 13000 miles away .....
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Ethyn Daniel Morgan
« Reply #311 on: January 9, 2011, 08:46:00 am »
Now is the time for the club to invest in a media assassin because the next few weeks are going to be long hard haul for those who are easily offended by people who get paid to drag the clubs name through the mire.

Offline PJLFC1

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #312 on: January 9, 2011, 08:49:55 am »
Hodgson Liverpool Manager what we he be know for as Liverpool manager.

Scratching his ass and rubbing his face.

Remove him from our history books and move on a media experiment that went wrong.
And I will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger those who would attempt to poison and destroy My brothers. And you will know My name is the Lord when I lay My vengeance upon thee.

Offline rossipersempre

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #313 on: January 9, 2011, 08:59:08 am »
I expect the owners also included a hush clause to stop him from rubbishing the club in the press. He was bad enough when supposedly working for us.
I strongly suspect this "compromise agreement" was the reason for the delay in making the announcement. He probably got the rest of the season's salary from a contract point of view, and probably a sum equivalent of another 6-12 months to keep his mouth shut.

Offline Miracle@Istanbul

• Anny Roader
« Reply #314 on: January 9, 2011, 09:12:18 am »
I dont read the papers but sly sports news are saying he has got £7.5 million in compensation.

Offline smurfinaus

• Legacy Fan
  • Hi Ho Hi Ho its off to <insert location> we go :P
« Reply #315 on: January 9, 2011, 09:14:09 am »

Nice guy but seriously not cut out for the job.

Offline Finn Solomon

• Life sentence
  • Legacy Fan
  • I love Coutinho's balls
« Reply #316 on: January 9, 2011, 09:17:45 am »
I dont read the papers but sly sports news are saying he has got £7.5 million in compensation.

Hope that's an inflated figure, considering Rafa got less than half of that.
Twitter - FinnSolomon
Rafa made it so that you didn't give a shit which fucking ball emerged from Platini's jar.

Online Hazell

• Ultimate Movie Night Draft Winner 2017. King - or Queen - of Mystery. Hyzenthlay. The 5th Benitle's sex conch.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #317 on: January 9, 2011, 09:20:11 am »

Heard on 5Live that it's more likely closer to £3m. They did say that some paper's are saying it's as high as £7.5m which is probably where they got their info from.
We have to change from doubter to believer. Now.

Offline Clonsilla Red

• Kopite
« Reply #318 on: January 9, 2011, 09:22:02 am »
I dont buy into "he's a nice guy" media driven garabge.
He blames everyone else for his own failures as a manager.
When fergie accused torres of cheating he didn't stand up for him and left the door open for him to be sold.
He had a pop at glen johnson in the media
He had a pop at joe cole in the media
He smiled and shook hands with david moyes like he won the F*ckin lotto when everton handed us our arse at goodison after the game.
He said very early when the new owners came in they would have to pay him off to get rid of him
He blamed the previous manager on the squad he inherited, instead of taking a positive attitude and doing the best he could with a squad full of international players.

Roy imo is not a nice guy and im glad to see the back of him.
Kenny Dalglish - 31/1/11
“The most important thing is the club.
“More important and bigger than any individual, no matter who has been through it previously and who will in the future. The club is the club."

Offline struts

• Kemlynite
« Reply #319 on: January 9, 2011, 09:23:03 am »
He doesn't have 35 years experience, he just has 5 years, 7 times repeated.

:wellin