Author Topic: FULL TIME LFC 2 - West Ham 2 (Lallana '4, Payet '27, Antonio '38, Origi '47)  (Read 58072 times)

Offline bobadicious

• Legacy Fan
Absolute shite. What's happened! We've been shit since the international break.
Football is a lie

Online Studgotelli

• they have zero understanding of what I’m actually talking about. Got a GCSE in Economics and thinks he knows everything.
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Least we didn't lose.

6 points off Chelsea but still a long way to go. Mignolet needs to come in.

Offline ynwa25

• Main Stander
Again with taking our foot off the gas after scoring  :-\

Online DefJack

• Legacy Fan
Again we scored, again conceding daft goals cost us.

Also, why even have subs if we aren't going to use them? If we don't trust the young lads why even bring them? Would a Woodburn or Ejaria really offer nothing? Less than a gassed anonymous Firmino?

Seriously frustrating.

Offline Desert Red Fox

• Legacy Fan
  • Orange and Red!
two points lost against some absolute dross - and it could've been worse! Damn.

Two poor matches in a row. Maybe some players still haven't moved on from the Bournemouth defeat. We have to be better, can't drop points against bottom-of-the-table sides. Ugh.

Offline hide5seek

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all live in THE 5 EUROPEAN CUPS
Not good enough. Hopefully Klopp see's this and moves players on and brings some in. From fighting for the title and looking quality we now look a team devoid of ideas and passion. Just running around a lot really doesn't cut it.

Offline Solomon Grundy

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • LFC - Living rent-free in the heads of our rivals
Crock of shit that.

Chelsea play below par - Win 3 points.

The mancs even ground out a win.

We can't even beat a really poor West Ham side.

Sadly starting to show the mental weakness from last season again.

Offline Notorious IT

• Gilt complex.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Alcoholic
Also, 6 points off the top now.

Offline lgvkarlos

• Finnished with his shit punnery now.....
  • Legacy Fan
Missing Coutinho big time.
We've lost our zip.

Offline Nut/ella

• do!
  • Legacy Fan
A draw would have been decent if the effort had been there. They just took their foot off the gas until West Ham went into the lead and then started playing. Very angry at THAT.

Offline Ste08

• Legacy Fan
Its not good enough. Im sure people will point these fancy little stats out about how our defence is actually not that bad. Im here to tell you it is, its fucking woeful.

Your not going to win many games when the defence spots teams 2 goals a week and you need 3 or 4 goals to win a game.

Hopefully in Jan Klopp will actually decide to buy some players.

Offline Red_Potato

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
  • Potato beats scissors
Really starting to undo our great start to the season.
Need to get a run of wins together pronto.

SOS member 7832

Offline Djimi Smicer34

• Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
Two points dropped.

We need to get the intensity back, we dropped off at Bournemouth last week and it cost us and we did it again today.  Thought we were too slow in the middle of the park, Wijnaldum particularly and it let them get back in numbers and make it difficult for us.

There needs to be a big improvement at Middlesbrough, we can't afford to drop off over Christmas. 

Offline Fitzy.

• I before E, except in Dalglish. Thumbs down for thumbs up! Premature ejaculator in the post-match whopper circle jerk. Might be the Rupert Pupkin to Neil Atkinson's Jerry Langford. Wants to know who did this, but may never find out.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Indefatigability
Not good enough. missing studge and coutinho badly.
Don't think scoring is the problem. When you score 5 in 2 games and get 1 point you look at the other end of the pitch.

Offline naka

• Lennart Skoglund Ultra
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Thought we were very poor
Two many sideways passing
Disappointing really disappointing

Offline thekitkatshuffler

• Dreams of John Barrowman's lips, bearded ladies and the origins of mirth. Which he thinks is an abbreviation of "Middle Earth".
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
A couple of minor injuries and we've ended up with a bench full of players that Jurgen doesn't want to use when we need to turn the game in our favour.

But hey; positive net spend!   ;D
David Platt has a face like a Michael Myers mask being stretched over a dinosaur egg.
Aquilani is better than Pele, Maradona, Cruyff, Messi and Beckenbauer put together.

Offline clinical

• incision required - a bad case of an urgent rawkectomy? "And of course I've got this terrible pain in all the diodes down my left side."
  • Legacy Fan
A couple of minor injuries and we've ended up with a bench full of players that Jurgen doesn't want to use when we need to turn the game in our favour.

Exactly. Squad is paper thin

Thank Fowler we're not getting Caulker

Online Barneylfc∗

• Cross-dressing man-bag wielding golfer. Wannabe Mod. Coprophiliac. Would like to buy an airline seat if he could. Known 'grass'. Wants to go home to He-Man
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
someone get klopp on the phone and let him know you're allowed to make subs in football, fucking hell

Firmino has been utter dross for past 2 games and not been taken off

Who would you have brought on that you believe would have made a difference
Craig Burnley V West Ham - WEST HAM WIN - INCORRECT

Offline hesbighesred

• Wallasey Wrecker. But you can call me quick fingers. After a threesome with Stevie and Alex
  • Legacy Fan
    • Collaborative thoughts on Euro 2012
Questions will be asked about Karius, of course they will. It’s inevitable and of course he could have done better, certainly for the first.

But what won’t get talked about, least of all in the media, is what’s happened so far in the second half, which is why Karius was bought and brought in.

I’d urge anyone to watch the half and first count how many touches Karius has, then how often he finds a red shirt, then how much time he spends on the ball. He gets us into attacking positions more quickly, more often and in far less time than the vast majority of other goalkeepers could or would. Judging Karius only on his saving ability is like judging Matip only on his heading ability, or judging Mane only on his skill on the ball.

You’re not going to understand a player, let alone judge them fairly, if you only look at one single aspect of what they do.
He is the cat who walks by himself, and all roads are alike to him.

Online Tonyh8su

• Tonyign0r35u
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
Really feels like a loss. Shouldn't let football affect my mood this much but how's ever.

How many of those little dinks did we just chip into Randolph's hands??

Offline Arcadian

• Makes pissed even when sense!
  • Legacy Fan
  • Be the change you want to see in the world...
Re: FULL TIME LFC 2 - West Ham 2 (Lallana '4, Payet '27, Antonio '38, Origi '47)
« Reply #100 on: December 11, 2016, 06:25:13 pm »
What's happened to the blistering intensity we had a month ago?

I want to post something mildly positive about Karius but just can't. He has, quite simply cost us there.
*                         *                           *                            *                         *

Offline Johnnyboy1973

• ★★★ Never, ever, bloody anything ever! ★★★
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Up the piss boiling, asthmatic Reds!!!
Re: FULL TIME LFC 2 - West Ham 2 (Lallana '4, Payet '27, Antonio '38, Origi '47)
« Reply #101 on: December 11, 2016, 06:25:14 pm »
Shame really.

The defensive errors and lack of ambition apparent last season are still there.

Don't think we were unlucky, thought we were poor.

Had the best possible start to both halves and did fuck all with it.
Where's this Yakimoto fella?

Online TheCunningScorpion

• Main Stander
« Reply #102 on: December 11, 2016, 06:25:15 pm »
West Ham get a point they didn't really deserve, but I think we could have won this easily if we had taken more of our chances. It's two points dropped, but I don't see this as a reason to panic, we showed signs of how good we can be today even if we didn't get the win. We've learned from Bournemouth, though.

How did we learn from Bournemouth? We seemed complacent after we went 1-0 today and took the foot of the gas. Didn't we do the same against Bournemouth?
Very frustrating to watch at the moment.

Offline RedorRed

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
« Reply #103 on: December 11, 2016, 06:25:15 pm »
These last two games show why we won't win the league.  We'll comfortably get top 4 but we're not winning it
I'm not sure about the comfortable top 4........ even with Klopp we still show the same weaknesses and there is still something missing from us!!!!!

Offline SMASHerano

• Provides nothing extra. Average poster.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Liverpool 6-1 London
« Reply #104 on: December 11, 2016, 06:25:30 pm »
Wijnaldum's composure in front of goal is really bad this season.

Offline Redsnappa

• Pining for No.20
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Thanks Shanks for Tosh and Kev.
« Reply #105 on: December 11, 2016, 06:25:34 pm »
Why no subs? Firmino was a passenger for that second half.

Strange lack of courage from the bench. Disappointing from Klopp.

Online peachybum

• orangeyface
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #106 on: December 11, 2016, 06:25:44 pm »
I know Origi's a big lad but so many pointless lofted crosses and pull backs today. I thought we'd learnt our lesson about being patient and creating rather than just sticking it in and hoping. Obviously not.

Klavan looked good. I'd keep him in with Matip now.
I wanna be like Jurgen Klopp

Offline sms1986

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #107 on: December 11, 2016, 06:25:52 pm »
These last two games show why we won't win the league.  We'll comfortably get top 4 but we're not winning it

Our league title challenge is not over until it is mathematically over, plus I think top four was always the target this season anyway, which we look like achieving. We've seen a dramatic improvement so far this season, in a few transfer windows we're going to be even more phenomenal than we can be now.

Online TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
« Reply #108 on: December 11, 2016, 06:25:53 pm »

I don't think that's the case.

I think he wanted the players to get themselves out of the hole they created in the first half.
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Online 12Kings

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #109 on: December 11, 2016, 06:25:55 pm »
fuck it and that's what happens when you're team gets multiple injuries... we're still third, just remember that, we're in a good position.

Offline Butcher Knife Roberto

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hare Krishna
« Reply #110 on: December 11, 2016, 06:25:55 pm »
Oh Jesus this is a depressing thread already. Much better second half performance, West Ham had something to defend, we weren't quite at the races, we still come away with something. Given that they did the double over us last season, at least we can say it's an improvement. Having said that, we should be battering teams like this. But still, it could have been another defeat and fuck knows what this place would have been like if that had happened.

Offline hide5seek

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all live in THE 5 EUROPEAN CUPS
« Reply #111 on: December 11, 2016, 06:25:57 pm »
We've lost our zip.
Trouble is if we're relying on one player to change the teams mentality we really are in trouble.

Online rawcusk8

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #112 on: December 11, 2016, 06:26:01 pm »
Lift the intensity and they couldnt deal with us, they barely had an attack of note in the second half. Which begs the question why drop off after 20 minutes?.. 2 points dropped against the leagues whipping boys and again it's more individual errors.
“If you even dream of beating me you'd better wake up and apologize.” - muhammad ali

Offline Gerry83

• Meff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Used to be Jeff, too much crystal
« Reply #113 on: December 11, 2016, 06:26:06 pm »
Never looked like scoring. The difference between Coutinho and Sturridge and the likes of Origi, Wijnaldum etc is glaringly obvious.

Just a shame that injuries and all too familiar mistakes are threatening our form. Would love to see some quality reinforcements in January.

Offline nozza

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #114 on: December 11, 2016, 06:26:10 pm »
We are having a wobble.It happens every season for every team. Lets hope we can get 3 points Wednesday and then batter the bluenoses next week.

Offline Redman0151

• Stills and Nash Warloch
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #115 on: December 11, 2016, 06:26:12 pm »
I can deal with the odd dropped ball but that was fucking awful from Karius. Cost us more points

There's no excuse for not being in the right position for a free kick, fundamental problem in his game. Desperately need a keeper who's good enough for the club, can we recall ward?
"I would say we certainly have the resources to compete with anybody in football." Tom Werner 12/04/2012

Online kennedy81

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #116 on: December 11, 2016, 06:26:13 pm »
We don't kill games. We're leaky in defence. We're actually very good, but Chelsea don't drop points as casually as us
It's only 15 games in with chelsea to come to anfield. Long way to go. Chelsea barely scraped a win today.

Missing Phil and Sturridge big time today. Unlucky not to get the 3 points today, one of those days the ball just didn't drop for us.

Offline Slick_Beef

• RAWK's Master Baker
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #117 on: December 11, 2016, 06:26:13 pm »
We really miss those little moments of magic from Coutinho!

Shame after making such a great start that we have started to drop points against dross :(

Online FaitAccompli

• Kopite
« Reply #118 on: December 11, 2016, 06:26:17 pm »
Think it was a game where we badly missed Coutinho, and could have done with Firmino playing centre.

I also think the players looked a bit off the pace, which is a bit worrying considering the amount of games we've got coming up over the next few weeks. I'd definitely mix it up a bit for the Middlesbrough match.

Offline zip

• Legacy Fan
  • That was liquid football!
« Reply #119 on: December 11, 2016, 06:26:25 pm »
We've lost our zip.
I'm still here mate
One day, people will hopefully look back and say "I was there son. I was there the year that Spurs won nothing again."