Author Topic: Liverpool v West Ham - December 11th 16:30pm at Anfield  (Read 34700 times)

Offline gatcliffe

• Legacy Fan
Re: Liverpool v West Ham - December 11th 16:30pm at Anfield
« Reply #80 on: December 6, 2016, 02:33:10 pm »
Yes, but you're constantly mentioning him and slating him. What happened to supporting our players?
I have been supporting our players 33 years longer than you so please do not question my support. Karius is no where near the level we require as a keeper hence my concern about the guy.
Like a bottle of wine the reds get better and better.

Offline Lone Star Red

• Tex
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #81 on: December 6, 2016, 02:36:08 pm »
I know I'm really sticking my neck out here, but I think I'm going to give Karius more than a few months in goal before I start to judge whether he is good enough or not for this club. Hoping and expecting to see him bounce back against West Ham.
You cannot call overseas Liverpool supporters glory hunters. We’ve won one trophy this decade. If they’re glory hunters, they’re really bad ones. They’re actually journey hunters. It’s the journey and the story. Something about Liverpool has grabbed them." - Neil Atkinson (May, 2019)

"So don’t think about it – just play football.” - Jurgen Klopp

Offline MNAA

• ...mnaa, doo doo, deh-doodoo.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #82 on: December 6, 2016, 02:39:52 pm »
I have been supporting our players 33 years longer than you so please do not question my support. Karius is no where near the level we require as a keeper hence my concern about the guy.
Then you should know better. If it's up to you Grobbelaar would not have survived the first 6 months ...
Neither party wishes to be bent over backwards but...
coitus will occur

Offline Medellin

• Self-confessed daft meff.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Sound
« Reply #83 on: December 6, 2016, 02:40:29 pm »
Shit i forgot.
Origi used his get out of jail free card.
Advance to West Ham Divock!  ;D
Support the team,Trust & Believe.

Offline rawcusk8

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #84 on: December 6, 2016, 02:45:02 pm »
I know I'm really sticking my neck out here, but I think I'm going to give Karius more than a few months in goal before I start to judge whether he is good enough or not for this club. Hoping and expecting to see him bounce back against West Ham.
Haha dont be so silly, he's shite and needs to be sold. Who cares if he is young and new to the league. You either show it straight away or you can piss off, We are Liverpool the ultimate perfectionists.
“If you even dream of beating me you'd better wake up and apologize.” - muhammad ali

Online Caston

• Castoff, Knitone, Purlone
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #85 on: December 6, 2016, 02:48:55 pm »

Point proven  ;D :lmao

Online swoopy

• not a mod. At all. Like ever. And certainly not on the ticket board that's for sure. Not for want of trying. Can't spell Irmingham either.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #86 on: December 6, 2016, 03:00:29 pm »

And Mignolet is?

I'd have Karius over Mignolet

Offline LallanaInPyjamas

• Keita's shit, Bundesliga's shit, Bundesliga 2's shit
  • Legacy Fan
  • RAWK Cheltenham 2020 Champion Tipster*
« Reply #87 on: December 6, 2016, 03:02:21 pm »
And Mignolet is?

I'd have Karius over Mignolet

Based on what we have seen so far I genuinely have no idea how anyone could come to that conclusion.

I'm fine with people taking the long-term view, just don't want to see those same people moaning about it when it costs us points.

I'd personally have neither because I don't think either are top four goalkeepers but given the choice, right now, it's Mignolet every day of the week. He was playing fine until he was dropped.

Offline harryc

• ane ;)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We All Live in a Red and a White Kop
« Reply #88 on: December 6, 2016, 03:18:49 pm »
it's Mignolet every day of the week. He was playing fine until he was dropped.

He has done that for the last 3 years appear to be improving then back to square 1

Offline gatcliffe

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #89 on: December 6, 2016, 03:21:01 pm »
Point proven  ;D :lmao
What have I proven could I ask ?

Online Caston

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #90 on: December 6, 2016, 03:26:23 pm »
What have I proven could I ask ?

If you've been supporting Liverpool for 33 years then surely you know better writing off a player after what 9/10 games? He may or may not go on to be a good Liverpool goalkeeper but writing him off after a few months...?

Offline gatcliffe

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #91 on: December 6, 2016, 03:35:01 pm »
If you've been supporting Liverpool for 33 years then surely you know better writing off a player after what 9/10 games? He may or may not go on to be a good Liverpool goalkeeper but writing him off after a few months...?
Can I ask you without being clever what qualities do you see in him as a keeper ?

Online Caston

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #92 on: December 6, 2016, 03:41:41 pm »
Can I ask you without being clever what qualities do you see in him as a keeper ?

Quick off his line (saved quite a few 1 on 1's in his time in goal)
Isn't afraid to push up and distribute the ball quickly (which allows us to constantly pressure teams)
Confident person which is vital for a goalkeeper

As I said, he may or may not go on to be a good keeper for us, but to write off a 23 year old coming from a new league after a few months is ridiculous, regardless of how long you've supported Liverpool.

Offline Jookie

• Ruptures, then repairs the tears
  • Legacy Fan
  • Muted Al 666's posts for my own sanity
« Reply #93 on: December 6, 2016, 03:52:19 pm »

I agree in that he hasn't shown too many outstanding qualities. He's done well on parts. Other times he's looked decidedly shaky.

So far he doesn't look like he's an improvement on what we've got already. He hasn't really shone through with any facet of his game that makes you think he could be a great keeper.

However, this is based on watching him play about 10 games for us. That's probably a hell of a lot less games  than Jurgen Klopp and his scouting network will have watched him before deciding that Karius was the goalkeeper for us. I think we need to back the managers judgement on this one and give Karius the space to develop his game in a new country, in a new league with new team mates.

That doesn't mean he'll end up a boss keeper in the long run. But binning off any player that you have ear marked as a regular starter after 10 games doesn't seem particularly sensible.

Based on that he's got to play on Saturday. Going back to Mignolet at this stage would be a wrong step IMO.
I think Jookie might just be the best fisherman on this thread.

Offline gatcliffe

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #94 on: December 6, 2016, 03:54:54 pm »
Isn't afraid to push up and distribute the ball quickly (which allows us to constantly pressure teams)

As I said, he may or may not go on to be a good keeper for us, but to write off a 23 year old coming from a new league after a few months is ridiculous, regardless of how long you've supported Liverpool.
Wow got all that to look forward to !

Online Caston

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #95 on: December 6, 2016, 04:41:58 pm »
Wow got all that to look forward to !

Nice sensible discussion you can have

Offline ThePeetmix

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #96 on: December 6, 2016, 04:47:21 pm »

This is the thing. It's the same as with De Gea. There are generally teething problems with younger goalkeepers. It's just about having patience, managing him well and ideally, doing better defensively. He did make mistakes in the last game, but he was also exposed by us not defending properly when we needed to.

The guy is 9 games in to his career for us. Let's give him a chance to settle and grow in to his Liverpool career.

Online Mr Mingebag Squid

• Wire glory hunter
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #97 on: December 6, 2016, 04:56:15 pm »
Nice sensible discussion you can have

Do not question his support! 33 years man and boy he's "supported" us!
My Sporting Dream Team:-
LFC - Worcester Warriors - Warrington Wolves - New England Patriots - Jenson Button
My Twatter : @MrHappySquid

Online Caston

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #98 on: December 6, 2016, 04:58:15 pm »

;D

Offline gatcliffe

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #99 on: December 6, 2016, 04:59:21 pm »
Try 54 years my friend!

Offline diegoLFC7

• Legacy Fan
  • LFC
« Reply #100 on: December 6, 2016, 05:01:06 pm »
You lot are softer than Liverpool holding a one goal lead. Its one game we bottled, Jurgen will have us back for this one.
Seen us win everything

Offline Purple Red

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Red, Green and White Army
« Reply #101 on: December 6, 2016, 05:10:17 pm »
I really think Karius needs to be ditched he is a liability.

And Mignolet isn't? A lot of what Karius has done so far has concerned me yes but he hasn't done anything which Mignolet doesn't do himself. The latter has proven himself to be a liability while Karius hasn't had enough time to prove himself yet.

Offline gatcliffe

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #102 on: December 6, 2016, 05:17:00 pm »
And Mignolet isn't? A lot of what Karius has done so far has concerned me yes but he hasn't done anything which Mignolet doesn't do himself. The latter has proven himself to be a liability while Karius hasn't had enough time to prove himself yet.
Get your point give Karius 3 years like SM has had and take it from there.

Offline Purple Red

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Red, Green and White Army
« Reply #103 on: December 6, 2016, 05:48:30 pm »

I never suggested that. Karius has been our first choice keeper for a couple of months, he deserves a bit longer than that.

Offline Medellin

• Legacy Fan
  • Sound
« Reply #104 on: December 6, 2016, 06:02:35 pm »

Thats far too judgemental bud.
If the likes of DeGea or Thierry Henry & were given the same amount of time..
You have to trust & believe in the best manager out there to deal with it.

Online reddebs

• areddwarfis4lifenotjust4xmas
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #105 on: December 6, 2016, 06:06:33 pm »
Need to be kicking these lot whilst they're down, not literally, but it's an ideal game to get ourselves back on track.

Put last Sunday behind you, Jurgen will have made sure the lads certainly have, that train's still moving forwards and there's no time for dawdlers or dwellers on bad results. 

Shit happens, winning a Title was never easy and this one sure as hell won't be but it ain't over yet, not by a long shot.  Pick your chins up, slap a big silly grin on your faces and look forward to the next game, 'cos they're going to be coming thick and fast for the next 8 weeks or so  ;D

Offline Medellin

• Legacy Fan
  • Sound
« Reply #106 on: December 6, 2016, 06:09:30 pm »
Need to be kicking these lot whilst they're down, not literally, but it's an ideal game to get ourselves back on track.

Put last Sunday behind you, Jurgen will have made sure the lads certainly have, that train's still moving forwards and there's no time for dawdlers or dwellers on bad results. 

Shit happens, winning a Title was never easy and this one sure as hell won't be but it ain't over yet, not by a long shot.  Pick your chins up, slap a big silly grin on your faces and look forward to the next game, 'cos they're going to be coming thick and fast for the next 8 weeks or so  ;D

Thats the spirit Debs!

Offline phil236849

• loves a Kwenchy Kup
  • Legacy Fan
  • Across the face of the goal
« Reply #107 on: December 6, 2016, 06:14:43 pm »
I long for a result, to help so many get over their squirtypants.  It seems faith and confidence of so many is shaken after a mad few minutes.

Online reddebs

• areddwarfis4lifenotjust4xmas
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #108 on: December 6, 2016, 06:27:18 pm »
Thats the spirit Debs!

I hate us losing just as much as anyone mate but it aint the end of the world, it happens to the best and it won't be the last time for all of us in the Title chase.

This game is what's important now, not what happened 2 days ago.  It's done with, finished, forgotten and onwards we go  ;)

Offline SlowRap

• SlowCrapAllOverTheBoards. No longer appealing! Apparently not a bastard. But no denial of being sarcastic and having no clue. Interesting. Fist pumps all the way down the stairs.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Let freedom reign
« Reply #109 on: December 6, 2016, 07:06:06 pm »
Feel like I'm the only person in the world who doesn't blame Karius for the goals conceded.
"We must turn from doubters into believers" - Jurgen Klopp

I've got a feeling that Origi is the real deal, from a couple of games I watched but mainly his interviews there seems to be something about him.

Offline stuartheal

• Kopite
« Reply #110 on: December 6, 2016, 07:18:51 pm »
Feel like I'm the only person in the world who doesn't blame Karius for the goals conceded.

I blame Roy Hodgson if that helps matters.

Seriously though, people who want us to bin off the keeper that Klopp calls his number one need their heads tested. We need to get behind the team and support every player on the pitch. Let's get this show back on the road again on Sunday!
« Last Edit: December 6, 2016, 07:20:22 pm by stuartheal »

Offline Number 7

• Gegenpresser
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • And the sweet silver song of a lark..
« Reply #111 on: December 6, 2016, 07:30:50 pm »

Ok, I'm going to be honest, and this is coming from someone who would still have Karius over Mignolet.

First goal - Callum Wilson scored the exact same penalty (in the exact same position) just a week earlier against Arsenal. Why did Karius dive to his left when Wilson had put a penalty to his right just a week earlier? And why did the goalkeeping coach not do their homework as to where Wilson shoots when Bournemouth have penalties. I would put this one on both Karius and the goalkeeping coach. Although admittedly, even then Karius may not have saved it but at least do your homework on the penalty taker. Of course, it's better to not actually concede a penalty in the first place.

2nd goal - Karius should have done better. Especially since the ball seemed to bounce just before going in.

3rd goal - Karius could not have done anything.

4th goal - Karius' fault.

Look, I'm not having a pop at him. He's young, and he's a good goalkeeper in my eyes with qualities that Mignolet obviously didn't improve on his 3 years as a starter. I'm just replying to your point. I still believe he will go on to be a very good goalkeeper because I think he has the basic foundations to be one. We can't just lynch him after one bad performance, especially since Mignolet has had 3 years to prove himself.
« Last Edit: December 6, 2016, 07:34:57 pm by Number 7 »
YWNA

Offline CHOPPER

• Bad Tranny with a Chopper. Hello John gotta new Mitre? I'm Jim Davidson in disguise. Undercover Cop (Grammar Division). Does Louis Spence. Well. A giga-c*nt worth of nothing in particular. Hodgson apologist. Astronomical cock. Hug Jacket Distributor
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Not Arsed
« Reply #112 on: December 6, 2016, 07:49:21 pm »
We should try out the goalie from the yoof team.....

@ Veinticinco de Mayo The way you talk to other users on this forum is something you should be ashamed of as someone who is suppose to be representing the site.
Martin Kenneth Wild - Part of a family

Offline 19th Nervous Title

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
« Reply #113 on: December 6, 2016, 08:20:23 pm »
Kid's got a natural dive. Play him up front.
Emily Hobhouse. Britain's finest.

Offline vagabond

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #114 on: December 6, 2016, 11:02:38 pm »
This game cannot come quick enough.
Sometimes a man stands up during supper
and walks outdoors, and keeps on walking,
because of a church that stands somewhere in the East.
---Rilke

Online DangerScouse

• "You picked on the wrong city!"
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #115 on: December 6, 2016, 11:09:56 pm »

Christ, you're an incredible bore. Change the fucking tune.

Online jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"
« Reply #116 on: December 6, 2016, 11:40:07 pm »
Christ, you're an incredible bore. Change the fucking tune.

Indeed. He can't criticise Karias on his own thread so he comes on here and does it. Some things never change.  ::)
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"

Offline riismeister

• Legacy Fan
  • Onwards and upwards
« Reply #117 on: December 7, 2016, 12:05:26 am »
I'd still be wary if Carroll plays thoigh. He could easily score a couple off a payet set piece
If he scores two off one set piece they deserve the win.

Offline red vinyl

• Kopite
« Reply #118 on: December 7, 2016, 12:40:55 am »
Mignolet saves two of them goals,new keeper or not it's only my opinion. I'd stick migs back in for West Ham honestly I would.  Competition for places is why Karius was signed. Your only as good as your last game I think.

Offline the_red_pill

• Hasn't got a fucking clue when the Reds are playing next.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Frankly my dear...
« Reply #119 on: December 7, 2016, 02:12:51 am »
On the Karius/Mignolet debate... they both have different qualities, but I'm undecided at this moment. I think we should probably continue with Karius for a while. He does need the experience after all.

For me- Karius is more of a mobile keeper with good distribution(not great, but good). He is inline with our pace and movement(rhythm). He is quick off his line as well and his judgement on when to push out(when our team pushes up) or get back is quite good(his positioning), BUT a shot-stopper he is not. It seems as though almost every shot near or in the box just goes in.

Mignolet is static, his distribution is awful really and he's not on the same page when it comes to the rhythm and pace of the team- oftentimes snuffing out any hopes of a quick counter or continued press, BUT he is an excellent shot-stopper.

For such tall keepers though- both are abysmal in the air. I get the sense though that Karius adds more to the team as a whole, but jeeps- he's poor when it comes down to shots. I shudder when I see a one-on-one or someone about to have a shot on goal.
« Last Edit: December 7, 2016, 02:22:08 am by the_red_pill »
"Some listen to understand. Others listen to respond."
"A fool does not delight in understanding, but only in revealing his own mind."
In such a sumptuous festival of shite, I wouldn't be so quick to pick a winner..

But he'd make the shortlist