Author Topic: Liverpool v West Ham - December 11th 16:30pm at Anfield  (Read 34696 times)

Offline RedGreen

• Main Stander
  • Cautiously Klopptimistic - Resistance is Futile
Re: Liverpool v West Ham - December 11th 16:30pm at Anfield
« Reply #120 on: December 7, 2016, 02:18:30 am »
I'd still be wary if Carroll plays thoigh. He could easily score a couple off a payet set piece

Scoring a couple off a single set piece would be a very annoying trick, indeed (know what you mean, though).....certainly one that we never saw him pull off during his time with us!  ::)
If the women don't find you handsome, they should at least find you handy!

Offline KopThat

• "See Tom turn red, See Tom run, Oh happy days."
  • Legacy Fan
  • He who laughs last, didn't quite get the joke...
    • GameFaceMe
« Reply #121 on: December 7, 2016, 02:36:46 am »
We should try out the goalie from the yoof team.....

Thanks Chopper gave me a laff, much needed after the Bournemouth game.

With Lallana and Matip back we will win well against the bubble blowers

Offline RedRush

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #122 on: December 7, 2016, 03:01:20 am »
Great OP. One of the best.  :).

Just had to log in to show my appreciation. Not much else to contribute other than to state the bleeding obvious: trust Klopp.

Offline Gifted Right Foot

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #123 on: December 7, 2016, 05:44:34 am »
Hope Lallana and Henderson were in charge of planning the evenings festivities in barcelona. 

Offline diegoLFC7

• Legacy Fan
  • LFC
« Reply #124 on: December 7, 2016, 05:48:42 am »
We need to keep the ball as much as possible, and not give silly free kicks near the box. Payet will put it on Carrolls head 100% of the time. Need to outscore these, i feel like it'll be another 4-3.
Seen us win everything

Offline Solomon Grundy

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • LFC - Living rent-free in the heads of our rivals
« Reply #125 on: December 7, 2016, 06:16:02 am »
Amazing how 1 defeat in 15 has made people nervous about playing West Ham. A team that has been far worse defensively than us, so far this season. We'll beat these and we'll beat them comfortably.

Focus on the positives. Don't dwell on the negatives.

Offline solidgold

• Main Stander
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #126 on: December 7, 2016, 06:18:14 am »
This is the kind of game we need Matip in defence. Ibra can't do shit against Matip and I am sure Andy will not be able to bulldoze his way into goal. I expect them to take advantage of set pieces and load the box. Payet will again be the kind of player who can whip in a dead ball to perfection. Just need to cut out those tackles and give away unnecessary freekicks or corner kicks. If we can nick in a goal early in the game, it will help open up the play which will suit us more. 

Offline RogerTheRed

• Danke Juergen
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • There's a golden sky on the way
« Reply #127 on: December 7, 2016, 09:01:52 am »
|The key will be chance conversion. We could easily have got 3 clear a couple of times on Sunday and the momentum would have changed. they will create chances with the likes of Payet and Carroll, but we are likely to create ,ore. convert ours and the match will be won.
Come On You Mighty Scouse Reds!!

Offline Ciara (with a capital "C")

• Not fussed on Krispy Kremes
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Taylor Swift is fucking awesome. #FreeAdnan
« Reply #128 on: December 7, 2016, 09:34:32 am »
We need to keep the ball as much as possible, and not give silly free kicks near the box. Payet will put it on Carrolls head 100% of the time. Need to outscore these, i feel like it'll be another 4-3.

I'm not trying to jinx us, but Payet can't even beat the first man these days. The only damage he is doing is from set pieces, which is when he appears most interested. And the more likely to run, when he is fetching the ball to place it. He has no interest in tracking back or getting near opposition players when he doesn't have the ball. His confidence looks shot to pieces.

If our attitude is right and we work hard, and for each other then I think we will win comfortably. West Ham don't press, we will get all the time in the world with the ball in our own half and inside theirs. Play quickly and suffocate them as soon as they have the ball as they won't be able to cope with that.

I think the lads are fired up, judging by some of the social media posts coming out of camp over the past 48hrs, I think they've had a word with themselves and are eager for the next game.

Offline goalspaytherent

• Just thought of a CT.....then saw the post history.....not gonna bother.......
  • Legacy Fan
  • I'm your huckleberry
« Reply #129 on: December 7, 2016, 10:46:27 am »
3-0 or 3-1

Offline vinothmct

• Kopite
« Reply #130 on: December 7, 2016, 10:55:10 am »
We just need to win or else momentum will go away.

Come on boys lets do the hammers/

Offline Dubred

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #131 on: December 7, 2016, 10:55:46 am »
Can't see anything other than a win here.

The lads will be chomping at the bit to right the last result and I just can't see Klopp not learning from that result and fixing the wrongs.

And here's an interesting little stat for you (if I'm wrong I'm sure I'll be pulled up quickly enough  ;D)

Klopp has only lost 2 games in a row once since he came here........in May we lost to a last minute goal by Villarreal in the Europa semis on the Thurs.....and lost to Swansea on the Sunday.

So chances are........we're not gonna lose another 2 games in a row.

This team tends to hit back hard after a loss and the boss seems to know how to pick them up.
« Last Edit: December 7, 2016, 10:57:25 am by Dubred »

Offline harryc

• ane ;)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We All Live in a Red and a White Kop
« Reply #132 on: December 7, 2016, 11:02:14 am »
Should be a routine win this one for the Red Men. The Hammers have been truly dreadful defensively this season, just need to look at their performance last week v Arse!

The Boys will want to make amends for the slip up last week and there is no way Klopp is likely to accept anything less.

Offline kavah

• the Blacksmith. Definitely NOT from Blackpool!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #133 on: December 7, 2016, 11:18:51 am »
Thanks Trendy - nice OP.

Last season's game! Holy Cow. At least we know we'll improve on that  ;D  ::)

Offline Trendisnotdestiny

• Finally, the custom title that cannot be beat
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Go for Goal Sunshine! - N Saunders
« Reply #134 on: December 7, 2016, 11:57:48 am »
Thanks Trendy - nice OP.

Last season's game! Holy Cow. At least we know we'll improve on that  ;D  ::)

Appreciate it Kavah!

And for Solly, here you go lad.....  I'm a believer

THIS IS ANFIELD SIGN:
It’s there to remind our lads who they’re playing for and to remind the opposition who they’re playing against! - Bill Shankly

We have everything we need - Jurgen Klopp

You need to get more wives mate, it fixes everything. Apart from then you have loads of wives, which is a nightmare.  -  Djozer

Offline Solomon Grundy

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • LFC - Living rent-free in the heads of our rivals
« Reply #135 on: December 7, 2016, 01:07:30 pm »
And for Solly, here you go lad.....  I'm a believer

👍🏾

Offline Luke 17

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #136 on: December 7, 2016, 01:29:00 pm »
Klopp's dortmund team set a new record something like 26 games unbeaten. Now would be a good time for him to do that with us.  :)

Offline diegoLFC7

• Legacy Fan
  • LFC
« Reply #137 on: December 7, 2016, 02:37:04 pm »
I don't understand how everyone is saying this is a sure 3 points or a routine win. Bournemouth was a routine win and look how that panned out. The premier league has no routine wins. How do we never learn?
Seen us win everything

Offline harryc

• ane ;)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We All Live in a Red and a White Kop
« Reply #138 on: December 7, 2016, 02:54:50 pm »
I don't understand how everyone is saying this is a sure 3 points or a routine win. Bournemouth was a routine win and look how that panned out. The premier league has no routine wins. How do we never learn?

Get away........if you cant be confident against a team fighting relegation, have shipped in a tonne of goals and dont score much when can you be confident.

What must you be like when we play a decent team?

Offline pyroparty

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #139 on: December 7, 2016, 02:55:33 pm »

How come you dont use Leicester, Hull, Watford etc as examples?

Offline ggcc14

• C onfuses objective and objectionable. C-ock
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #140 on: December 7, 2016, 03:03:22 pm »
Arsenal just bashed them 5-1 away from home.. we were away to Bournemouth, not at home.

I get your point, but people would be well within their right to expect a comprehensive victory.
I´ll say something that might surprise you. Real life is different to computer games.
I think Nadal is brilliant. One of the top 10 ever.

Offline Chris~

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #141 on: December 7, 2016, 03:06:26 pm »
We've smashed a few teams at home and Bournemouth should have been a routine win given our position in the match.

Offline ThePeetmix

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #142 on: December 7, 2016, 03:27:25 pm »
We've smashed a few teams at home and Bournemouth should have been a routine win given our position in the match.

Exactly. We bossed the game for 60 minutes really well. We just let them get back at us and couldn't regain control.

Just pin them back, isolate Carroll and i'm confident we'll put a few past them.

Fingers crossed Matip is back as he helps us stay pushed right up on opposition.

Offline Garnier

• Legacy Fan
  • thought Brendan could tame Balotelli
« Reply #143 on: December 7, 2016, 03:37:31 pm »
Play our usual free flowing game and it could be a good afternoon for the redmen .

cheeky bid for Payet in january?
The change is cast

Online Dench57

• Self-confessed tit. Can't sit still. She's got the hippy hippy crack.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #144 on: December 7, 2016, 03:49:11 pm »

no thanks
Loving Everton's business this summer. Here's an early call - they finish above Liverpool this season.
- Richard Keys (@richardajkeys) July 9, 2017

Offline rawcusk8

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #145 on: December 7, 2016, 04:22:22 pm »
Play our usual free flowing game and it could be a good afternoon for the redmen .

Is this a joke? The guy has an awful attitude and is lazy as (whats the end of that sentence?). Can see Klopp throttling him with his bare hands simply because of his half assed attitude. Anyway come on Reds let's hammer these bubble blowing bastards.
“If you even dream of beating me you'd better wake up and apologize.” - muhammad ali

Offline DivisiveNewSigning

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #146 on: December 7, 2016, 05:11:03 pm »
Is this a joke? The guy has an awful attitude and is lazy as (whats the end of that sentence?). Can see Klopp throttling him with his bare hands simply because of his half assed attitude. Anyway come on Reds let's hammer these bubble blowing bastards.

I've seen a few people say this recently. The guy is head, shoulders and everything down to the soles of his feet above the rest of his teammates.

We all say footballers should be this and that but at the end of the day when Payet sees the dross around him he's likely to stop trying. People said the exact same and Wijnaldum when he signed ("Ducks the big games" "Can't play away" "Doesn't look bothered half the time") - I think we can all agree that's a load of shit now.

Offline Klippity Klopp

• LFC. For life! Yes! Not just for Kloppmas.....nooo.....
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #147 on: December 7, 2016, 05:24:29 pm »
Emre a doubt?

Was training with U23s today by the looks of it.  Who would have been doing light training after last night.

Offline nico 8

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #148 on: December 7, 2016, 05:28:49 pm »
Ok, I'm going to be honest, and this is coming from someone who would still have Karius over Mignolet.

First goal - Callum Wilson scored the exact same penalty (in the exact same position) just a week earlier against Arsenal. Why did Karius dive to his left when Wilson had put a penalty to his right just a week earlier? And why did the goalkeeping coach not do their homework as to where Wilson shoots when Bournemouth have penalties. I would put this one on both Karius and the goalkeeping coach. Although admittedly, even then Karius may not have saved it but at least do your homework on the penalty taker. Of course, it's better to not actually concede a penalty in the first place.

2nd goal - Karius should have done better. Especially since the ball seemed to bounce just before going in.

3rd goal - Karius could not have done anything.

4th goal - Karius' fault.

Look, I'm not having a pop at him. He's young, and he's a good goalkeeper in my eyes with qualities that Mignolet obviously didn't improve on his 3 years as a starter. I'm just replying to your point. I still believe he will go on to be a very good goalkeeper because I think he has the basic foundations to be one. We can't just lynch him after one bad performance, especially since Mignolet has had 3 years to prove himself.
Whilst you allege that Karius and the goalkeeper ought to have 'known' which way to go in view of the striker's last penalty, is it not possible that they did in fact do they homework and found a pattern indicating that Karius had to go left. Moreover, the homework you allude to is generally compiled by back room statiscians and not the player/ keeper. Despite the possible alternative scenarios, it amazes me that anyone would hold a keeper culpable for conceding a penalty. Yes- he could have done better on the 2nd goal but I am prepared to give him a bit of slack as he may have been unsighted. He is culpable for the 4th. I am amazed that his performance has garnered so much attention where other players had more to answer for. Not a dig at you as your views are generally more balanced but to a keeper responsible for letting a penalty is bewildering.

Offline Snail

• Disgusted by you. Snail murdering S h e e p. Ms Soppy Twat Potty Mouth. The Annabel Chong of RAWK's X-Factor. Likes giving Sir Cliff of Richard one.
  • Legacy Fan
  • How are we
« Reply #149 on: December 7, 2016, 06:29:02 pm »
Got a ticket for this, hopefully the mustard Reds will turn up.

Offline RK7

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #150 on: December 7, 2016, 06:30:07 pm »
They are going to bomb our box with long balls and set pieces. This is going to be a real test of our defensive qualities.

On paper we're playing West Ham at the perfect time but we need to accept they pose a serious danger and prepare for it. I can see us needing at least 3 goals to win this one.

Offline archie

• bald. Our man in Moscow. And a bloody decent chap. MIA, last seen babysitting.
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • you're due a duechers
« Reply #151 on: December 7, 2016, 06:30:49 pm »
Amazing how 1 defeat in 15 has made people nervous about playing West Ham. A team that has been far worse defensively than us, so far this season. We'll beat these and we'll beat them comfortably.

Focus on the positives. Don't dwell on the negatives.

Totally.

They should be worrying about coming to our place after we are looking to bounce back from defeat.

Offline pyroparty

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #152 on: December 7, 2016, 06:33:05 pm »
They are going to bomb our box with long balls and set pieces. This is going to be a real test of our defensive qualities.

I doubt they will. More like they'll get completely outclassed then have a few moments here and there like everyone else who's visited Anfield. Posing an aerial threat or whatever is all well and good but they have to get forward enough to use this threat and most dont at Anfield especially. We've had all this before Rondon, Deeney etc and they barely got a sniff.

Online Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #153 on: December 7, 2016, 06:34:45 pm »
I remember after the Burnley game saying we might always have the odd shocker under Klopp.

People were saying why didn't we shut up shop at 3-1. I assume they weren't purring out our relentlessness when we were putting sides to the sword. Swarming all over them and not knowing when to stop.

It's the risk we have to accept. Every once in a while we will get caught out chasing another goal and giving teams we should be out of sight from hope or launching a comeback.  I think that's an acceptable risk though.  Better than changing our whole way of playing for fear of it happening again.

Hit West Ham early, hit them hard and make them have a miserable 90 minutes. Time foe us to get back I'm the saddle.

Offline SerbianScouser

• Far from world class.
  • Legacy Fan
  • ...All the best
« Reply #154 on: December 7, 2016, 06:40:03 pm »
They are going to bomb our box with long balls and set pieces.
That's what they said about Utd, Wba, Watford, Hull, Sunderland yet all of them struggled to get out of their own half let alone managing to "bomb" our box.

Offline Zoomers

• Legacy Fan
  • Meow
« Reply #155 on: December 7, 2016, 06:46:01 pm »
Lallana and Matip should be back. We'll completely outplay them.
Shut the fuck up and put some respek on Lucas name playboy

Offline sms1986

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #156 on: December 7, 2016, 06:48:19 pm »
Emre a doubt?

Was training with U23s today by the looks of it.  Who would have been doing light training after last night.

There's nothing I can find on any potential injury, so I doubt he is a doubt.

Offline Klippity Klopp

• LFC. For life! Yes! Not just for Kloppmas.....nooo.....
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #157 on: December 7, 2016, 07:06:05 pm »
There's nothing I can find on any potential injury, so I doubt he is a doubt.

Yeah, just thought it was strange that he was the only one doing that training with them and the rest were doing full training, as there is a video on LFCTV.

Offline Number 7

• Gegenpresser
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • And the sweet silver song of a lark..
« Reply #158 on: December 7, 2016, 07:25:36 pm »
Whilst you allege that Karius and the goalkeeper ought to have 'known' which way to go in view of the striker's last penalty, is it not possible that they did in fact do they homework and found a pattern indicating that Karius had to go left. Moreover, the homework you allude to is generally compiled by back room statiscians and not the player/ keeper. Despite the possible alternative scenarios, it amazes me that anyone would hold a keeper culpable for conceding a penalty. Yes- he could have done better on the 2nd goal but I am prepared to give him a bit of slack as he may have been unsighted. He is culpable for the 4th. I am amazed that his performance has garnered so much attention where other players had more to answer for. Not a dig at you as your views are generally more balanced but to a keeper responsible for letting a penalty is bewildering.

Yes, it is possible the statisticians looked at past history of Callum Wilson's penalties. However, I disagree that it should be solely them preparing for this. Goalkeepers should always be prepared to face penalties, and should always assume enough knowledge about the opposition's penalty taker and where he normally places the penalties. There is always a trend there and always a preference for the side the penalty takers shoots at. Like I said in my initial post, Karius may well have not saved it anyway even if he had gone the other way but the penalty taker is only as good as their last penalty. Why go the other way, when Wilson had shot to his right just one week earlier? Of course, I don't hold him culpable for the penalty. I blame Lovren for having another one of his moments of madness for that. And I'm not utterly convinced that Milner didn't get the ball either.

Anyway the penalty thing is not that important in the grand scheme of things. It was just something I observed and consequently called out. I don't want for it to transpire in to a huge debate because it will just be a storm in a teacup. Either way, I still like Karius and still back him. I think he will eventually prove to be a very good goalkeeper. Some of the comments aimed towards Karius in the post match thread immediately after the game were regrettable by the posters that made them. It was just carnage at that time. Before this game he wasn't at fault for any of the goals we've conceded in the games we've played so we need to give him a bit of a longer rope.
YWNA

Offline koptommy93

• Legacy Fan
  • @tharris113
« Reply #159 on: December 7, 2016, 07:43:30 pm »
Really nervous about this in spite of how shite they are. Hopefully it'll be normal service resumed.
I for one welcome our new insect overloads