Author Topic: Liverpool v West Ham - December 11th 16:30pm at Anfield  (Read 34487 times)

Offline Trendisnotdestiny

• Finally, the custom title that cannot be beat
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Go for Goal Sunshine! - N Saunders
Liverpool v West Ham - December 11th 16:30pm at Anfield
« on: December 4, 2016, 06:14:01 pm »

Liverpool FC v West Ham United – December 11th at Anfield

Last time the Hammers came to Anfield, it was, the beginning of the end for our gaffer from the emerald isle.  The 3-0 loss at the hands of a quickly improving Slavin Bilic team stung for several reasons. 

First, it was embarrassing how quickly we conceded in minute three.     

Lanzini’s goal --- “never go against a Sicilian, when your job is on the line” – Princess Bride Part Deux

Second, the red freight train migraine started pounding scouse craniums in 29th minute when Lovren got stripped and Frank Noble punished the reds on the 2 counter goal in less than a half hour.  From front to back, our performance was poor.  Everyone at home and Anfield knew it.

Third, the magician loses his shit, stamps Payet, sees red and misses the Mancs all in a matter of seconds.  Permit me to suggest that each of these outcomes would be bigger than we might have given credit for during the moment.   Philippe plays best when he is calmer than his opponent --- no need to get jacked up when you have his bag of tricks.  Stamping Dimitri Payet is like spray painting Matisse or Monet --- and there is always the risk of PC’s “magical power” transmissions to an unlikely source.  Payet’s season last year was out of this galaxy.  Seeing red and missing the Man U derby is akin to filing for divorce just after your spouse wins the lottery -- the timing sucks.

So my belabored point here is, going into the season on a thin leash already, Rodgers and his new staff (no laughing at that pun please) has to be happy with the start.  Liverpool won at Stoke on a moment of shear brilliance from Coutinho and won a non-convincing battle against Bournemouth at Anfield prior to putting in a nice little woulda-should-coulda draw at the Emirates against Arsenal. 
For all of those calling for the firing of Rogers, it was not the kind of start after three games, which was cause for concern. 

Oh, how fate is a tricky bitch, and one I find particularly humorous given my proclivity for hypocrisy. 

I did a small other thread write up of the game before LFC vs WHU, Bournemouth had just played both of us, and to make a short story short, my advice was to press their backs into making mistakes.  As it turned out, the hammers were better at this game than the reds on the day.  As it appears now, the merry-go-round of upsetting losses between the three teams Bournemouth, West Ham and Liverpool needs to be better understood. 

Coutinho’s red card what have I done look ---- as he is about to receive a good “Rodgering”.  Both of these men foreshadowed what was to come.  For those who did not remember, it was the first win for the hammers at Anfield in 52 years.   To put that into perspective, in 1965, Wooly Bully was the top song and the Sound of Music the best movie. 

Alas, we needed only to remind those two to hold their heads up high through the darkness and walk on with hope in your heart.   Rodgers found Celtic, Coutinho is now a National Team Starter for Brazil and Liverpool have Jürgen Klopp!  Cool…….

Liverpool supporters could dream again!  Goals were scored, big games won (yes, I am talking about you Man City, and European nights could bring the ecstatic highs & left back woes)…

And while the FA Cup match loss at Boleyn Grounds ripped our hearts out in April 2-1, we did have the consolation of knowing that only one of our starters that night is in our regular eleven (and btw will miss the game this week – Coutinho).  The rest are either gone, squad backups, subs or out on loan.   As painful as this was game to revisit, it will be remembered more for the misses by Benteke than by any magic hammer potion.  Nonetheless, Liverpool fans everywhere need to pry from their memory that we have lost the last three matches against West Ham --- form or not.  And, fate is tricky bitch! – Hunter Thompson paraphrased

Change of Fortune
    Intimate Tradition Anfield Expansion                 Cold Corporate $$$ Grab Olympic Stadium

Current Record - 9-3-2                                            Current Record - 3-3-8

Themes

West Ham Scoring - Set Pieces & Payet – 2015/16                                                               

Goal production = 83 Goals     >  50% Payet & Set Plays

West Ham Scoring 2016/17 - 15 goals in 14 games with Payet assisting 5 times and Antonio scoring 6 goals.  They tend to score on set pieces as 9 of their 14 have been scored this way.  And by the looks of our set piece defense at the end of the Bournemouth game, we could use a jolt or at a Matip.

Liverpool scores goals under Klopp

2015/16   EPL Goals Scored 52 in 30 games
2016/17   EPL Goals Scored 35 in 13 games

TEAM-TEAM-TEAM is the mantra as Firmino 14, Coutinho 12, Milner 9, Lallana and Mane 7, and Sturridge 6 (not including Can, Origi or Benteke here for reasons for brevity).

Injuries

Both teams, when they have struggled, it has not been going forward but protecting their defensive third from silly give-a ways.  The loss of Cresswell for the Hammers has been noticeable as well as the transfer out of Tompkins.  Adrian seems to have had a few errors and Randolph is now starting.   

For the Reds, the losses keep mounting.  Not knowing the status of Sadio while writing this, we are looking at the loss of 3/5 our attacking force going into the winter ---- with Sadio possibly injured now and soon to be heading to the African Nations Cup, Sturridge struggling with his ailing calves again, and our little magician out for next 6 weeks.    Now, I do not want to cry a river since there will be some overlap where these three incidents do not intersect, but the fragile attack or even not having Mane on the field ---- has been a factor in both of our losses this season.  Something to think about.

Bilic Under Pressure

The loss to Arsenal might sets in motion contingency planning.  What if Liverpool replicate Arsenal's success?  How are we going to manage losing Payet this summer?  And our stadium has been a complete public relations nightmare.   Let's fire the coach and pretend we know what we are doing....  To this end, I hope Slavan is not fired after this game, but his days could be numbered unless he can produce some wins to get out of the relegation zone.  Its still early, but the owners are getting skittish.
So, we have seen another reversal of fortune.   But beware, the humiliation of losing at home 5-1 to bitter rival Arsenal is enough to make a wounded team fight for their lives --- nothing left to lose, really.  And our recent game against Bournemouth makes this is a game where both defenses will look to end the nightmare. 

Implications
First, today's loss against Bournemouth has us third to Arsenal and the plastics.  The blues next few games are against teams from the bottom half, so we want to stay within reach.  We have to play some catch-up.  Better now, than in March or April went cup games and fixture madness seems to take hold.

Two, we have to find a way to meet the physicality of West Ham’s direct style and still not get complacent upon the counter.  This is what makes them tick – the athleticism of Antonio and Kouyate with the precision/skill of Payet.  If Carroll plays, then we have another body to deal with and the second ball becomes vital.   While I do not foresee another 2015 0-3 blanking, we have to be mindful that asserting ourselves physically is going to be an important part of this week’s game plan --- one I’m sure JK will remind and reinforce. 
Three, I will say it again.  We need to press their backs.  Not sure if Cresswell will be ready for this game, as I saw he took a knock and might be out.  If so, great because he is a scouser who is aces.  We have to account for runners on set pieces like Reid, Carroll, Antonio and company plus our keeper Karius/Mignolet is going to have to communicate very well --- as Payet can put it on a dime in between attacking spaces.   
Lastly, we cannot get outworked, outpressed two years in row.  For Matip and Lovren, this means finding a nice rythym early facilitating composure among Henderson, Clyney and Milner if we lose possession in our final third.  This means do not panic nor let the Payet to Antonio connection beat us. 
If I sound overly cautious, its only because I picked this game at the summer turn, thinking we would get revenge.  However, in looking at our injuries and the history of how one team seems to steal the others’ thunder, I am a bit nervous for this one.  And if I’m honest, I fear and love Payet.  No free kicks 25 yards and in, please.
Prediction?  Lets hope it is not another reversal of fortune and if it is (it involves our Brazilians getting off the schneid)

GO YOU REDS!!!!!!!!!
« Last Edit: December 4, 2016, 06:20:23 pm by Trendisnotdestiny »
THIS IS ANFIELD SIGN:
It’s there to remind our lads who they’re playing for and to remind the opposition who they’re playing against! - Bill Shankly

We have everything we need - Jurgen Klopp

You need to get more wives mate, it fixes everything. Apart from then you have loads of wives, which is a nightmare.  -  Djozer

Offline sms1986

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Liverpool v West Ham - December 11th 16:30pm at Anfield
« Reply #1 on: December 4, 2016, 06:19:51 pm »
I think the players, manager and the fans will be furious over our loss today and will want to inflict as much punishment on West Ham as possible. Matip should hopefully be back for the match as well, giving us much more stability in defence as we seem to dearly miss him when he isn't playing.

Offline Trendisnotdestiny

• Finally, the custom title that cannot be beat
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Go for Goal Sunshine! - N Saunders
« Reply #2 on: December 4, 2016, 06:24:00 pm »
I think the players, manager and the fans will be furious over our loss today and will want to inflict as much punishment on West Ham as possible. Matip should hopefully be back for the match as well, giving us much more stability in defence as we seem to dearly miss him when he isn't playing.

Wrote this OP before the Bournemouth match... 

Actually depressing as many of the points to make about this particular match will get wrapped up in the dissatisfaction of the Bournemouth identity.   Important to use this emotion to improve ourselves, but West Ham is an entirely different team of strengths and weaknesses.
THIS IS ANFIELD SIGN:
It’s there to remind our lads who they’re playing for and to remind the opposition who they’re playing against! - Bill Shankly

We have everything we need - Jurgen Klopp

You need to get more wives mate, it fixes everything. Apart from then you have loads of wives, which is a nightmare.  -  Djozer

Offline Caligula?

• Relentlessly negative about fucking everything. A smile would crack your face.....the most boring poster on the site
  • Legacy Fan
  • SPQR
« Reply #3 on: December 4, 2016, 06:27:20 pm »
Praying that Matip comes back and that Lallana goes back into the starting 11 with Firmino going up top as the false 9 and Origi coming on as a sub. If we're on our game our movement should be too much for them to handle. Game can't come quickly enough.

Online mattD

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #4 on: December 4, 2016, 06:31:57 pm »
Praying that Matip comes back and that Lallana goes back into the starting 11 with Firmino going up top as the false 9 and Origi coming on as a sub. If we're on our game our movement should be too much for them to handle. Game can't come quickly enough.

Drop Origi? Are you mad?! For sure, Lallana and Matip need to get back pronto, but Origi was our probably our best players today, far better than Firmino who was very strangely subdued. Is he still recovering from a little niggle he suffered from last week?

These bloody damn injuries is what is hampering us. For the love of god, please stop these injuries.

Offline deFacto please, you bastards

• Apologies if I haven't responded to every post in every thread yet, I'm trying hard. farKnow.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5 on: December 4, 2016, 06:34:19 pm »
Matip is a huge influence on us, and it's not a coincidence that we've lost both games when he hasn't played. I hope he is fit for this game, as Carroll will start more than likely and otherwise will have a field day.

Mane and Firmino hopefully will be fitter, because they both looked like they were knackered or carrying a knock. This game couldn't come quicker enough.

Offline Caligula?

• Relentlessly negative about fucking everything. A smile would crack your face.....the most boring poster on the site
  • Legacy Fan
  • SPQR
« Reply #6 on: December 4, 2016, 06:37:37 pm »
Drop Origi? Are you mad?! For sure, Lallana and Matip need to get back pronto, but Origi was our probably our best players today, far better than Firmino who was very strangely subdued. Is he still recovering from a little niggle he suffered from last week?

These bloody damn injuries is what is hampering us. For the love of god, please stop these injuries.

I'd try and go as close as possible to the line up that saw us go top before Coutinho got injured. We were playing some absolutely brilliant stuff. Coutinho is a massive loss but Origi slows play down a bit and I think we're going to have to be at our very quick and incisive best ala a few weeks back as Bilic isn't going to be coming and parking a bus.

Offline Anfield Ed

• Middle name "Dick". Wants it hard, wants it fast.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Internet Warrior #224
« Reply #7 on: December 4, 2016, 06:37:40 pm »
Carroll and Antonio aerial threat..........not looking forward to it.

Offline pyroparty

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8 on: December 4, 2016, 06:41:03 pm »
Carroll and Antonio aerial threat..........not looking forward to it.

Yep, we've been awful at Anfield this season.

Online mattD

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #9 on: December 4, 2016, 06:46:07 pm »
I'd try and go as close as possible to the line up that saw us go top before Coutinho got injured. We were playing some absolutely brilliant stuff. Coutinho is a massive loss but Origi slows play down a bit and I think we're going to have to be at our very quick and incisive best ala a few weeks back as Bilic isn't going to be coming and parking a bus.

I think its Can who is slowing down the play, from what I see myself. Too many instances where he was sluggish and inept in many positions.

Ever since he came into the squad, we've looked much less assured in midfield and conceded more shots. Opposition players like to glide past him easily, and he just lacks any sharpness or awareness whatsoever.

So far, he's proving to be malignant to the team.

Offline edge

• hill, getting off at...with a dijk still hard...
  • Legacy Fan
  • allright, then..
« Reply #10 on: December 4, 2016, 06:50:36 pm »
Wrote this OP before the Bournemouth match... 

Actually depressing as many of the points to make about this particular match will get wrapped up in the dissatisfaction of the Bournemouth identity.   Important to use this emotion to improve ourselves, but West Ham is an entirely different team of strengths and weaknesses.

;D

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
« Reply #11 on: December 4, 2016, 06:50:38 pm »
Yep, we've been awful at Anfield this season.

Pissing into the wind with that attitude today mate ;D
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline pyroparty

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12 on: December 4, 2016, 06:52:42 pm »
Pissing into the wind with that attitude today mate ;D

;D

Offline Garnier

• Legacy Fan
  • thought Brendan could tame Balotelli
« Reply #13 on: December 4, 2016, 07:11:40 pm »
Knock them out of planet earth. Please
3 Defeats against this lot last season. Revenge must be sweet
The change is cast

Offline Rush 82

• Seth Iffricans don't take the dog out for a walk - they take the line out!
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • From Cape Town to Anfield
« Reply #14 on: December 4, 2016, 07:20:25 pm »
Great pre match write up.  Sobering and scary.

If Matip is fit I'll not be worried about the defense, if not, it's going to be a very long day. 

Can is definitely looking slow in the midfield, Lallana back there please. 

Origi, for all his goal scoring ability needs to learn the Klopp method of not giving the ball away in dangerous positions. 

Looking forward to the game. 

Offline King Klopp.

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • From Doubter To Believer.
  • Super Title: And back to Doubter
« Reply #15 on: December 4, 2016, 07:21:50 pm »
We haven't been great recently. Draw against Southampton, scraped wins against Sunderland and Leeds, lost to Bournemouth.

I'd take any way.
Believe

Offline sms1986

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #16 on: December 4, 2016, 07:32:06 pm »
If Matip is fit I'll not be worried about the defense, if not, it's going to be a very long day. 

He travelled with the team today so he probably should be fine for Sunday.

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #17 on: December 4, 2016, 08:12:57 pm »
We haven't been great recently. Draw against Southampton, scraped wins against Sunderland and Leeds, lost to Bournemouth.

I'd take any way.

Injuries have disrupted us a bit.

We will win this one 4-0.

Online TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
« Reply #18 on: December 4, 2016, 08:18:14 pm »
Let's batter these pie, mash, jellied eel and liquor eating cockerknees
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline mikeb58

• The Poet Laureate of the Hillsborough forum and indeed, now, the rest of the site! Allez, allez, allez......
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • kopite
« Reply #19 on: December 4, 2016, 08:25:38 pm »
Glad this thread started tonight, can't wait for this game I'm going to well pissed off at today's result until we put it right. Hopefully that'll be against the Hammers.

We need the 3 points and should get them...3-0 to us.
Hillsborough...Our Greatest Victory (out now)

Online Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #20 on: December 4, 2016, 10:14:38 pm »
I trust Jurgen and the boys to take out all their frustrations from today on the hapless Hammers.  Any win will do but a nice comfortable 3-0 would be lovely. Please!

Offline MolbyLovesGravlax

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #21 on: December 4, 2016, 10:19:01 pm »
Just. Fucking. Win.
"This is Anfield, this is what they do." Thomas Tuchel

@dgljones

Offline Greatness

• Spineless and gutless
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #22 on: December 5, 2016, 03:32:11 am »
Will find out if the Bournemouth game was a wake up call or a long lasting hangover, massive game this in terms of the direction our season could go.

Good that were playing a side low on confidence and with a lack of fight, exactly what we need after that moral damaging defeat yesterday.

Offline him_15

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #23 on: December 5, 2016, 04:48:51 am »
Need to win this game to get back on track and remain in the race for the title. Hopefully the team has learnt a lesson in Bournemouth...
Believer

Offline invader_gir

• Anny Roader
    • @pump_upp - best crypto pumps on telegram !
« Reply #24 on: December 5, 2016, 05:19:47 am »
Mignot for Karius, and Hopefully Matip and Lallana would be back.I dont care how we do it we need to win. ??? ??? ???

Offline Gerrard#1

• Playing goalie would combat his decreasing mobility, and vastly improve distribution at the back. Somebody's watching me.....
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #25 on: December 5, 2016, 05:51:02 am »
Mignot for Karius, and Hopefully Matip and Lallana would be back.I dont care how we do it we need to win. ??? ??? ???

I don't think we should drop Karius. It would shatter his confidence and Mignolet isn't much better than him.
Quote from: jillc
If you ask Gerrard #1 he'll probably be able to tell us who we're getting. I hear he is good with the crystal ball.

Quote from: Gerrard#1
Coutinho is our best player he will be world class one day and will end up playing for Barca or Real.

Offline vinothmct

• Kopite
« Reply #26 on: December 5, 2016, 06:22:10 am »
Felt bournemoth are not easy.
Same goes for West Ham. Take them easy we will suffer. Big andy , Payet, sakho can all score. Bilic is a shrewd manager

Offline Upinsmoke

• Is a grump, get used to it.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #27 on: December 5, 2016, 06:48:36 am »
Well hopefully we have Matip back for a start, especially if Carroll plays. I have doubts over origi's work ethic after yesterday. Firmino is our best option up top but we don't have a left sided forward with Coutinho out.

Not that confident in all truth after we capitulated in that manner. Would take any kind of win to put that Bournemouth result to bed.

Online jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"
« Reply #28 on: December 5, 2016, 07:54:30 am »
Has anyone heard anything about Mane. It looked as if he pulled up before going off yesterday? Everything crossed that its nothing serious.
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"

Offline sms1986

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #29 on: December 5, 2016, 08:23:40 am »
I doubt Mane is injured or something will have come out by now.

Offline Lycan

• Loves egg. Quite partial to a nipple too. Once came into contact with Jeremy Beadle and his tiny right hand. I used to be a Werewolf, but I'm alright noooooooooowww!!!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #30 on: December 5, 2016, 08:28:37 am »
We owe Bilic and West Ham after last season. Hopefully we'll beat them this time round. I'll be disappointed if we don't, because they are shite.
“There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. A high-powered mutant of some kind, never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die.”

Offline vicar

• Legacy Fan
  • Free at last!
« Reply #31 on: December 5, 2016, 08:41:12 am »

Firmino is much more effective as a false 9.
Origi had a brilliant finish yesterday (also a poor miss early on - but thats ok, keep getting in position), but I think we are much deeper as a team when he plays and he becomes more isolated when we are defending. Its not about working harder its the interchange between the front 3 and Mane looked shattered yesterday, a week off will hopefully help him too.

Offline Solomon Grundy

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • LFC - Living rent-free in the heads of our rivals
« Reply #32 on: December 5, 2016, 08:46:38 am »
Felt bournemoth are not easy.
Same goes for West Ham. Take them easy we will suffer. Big andy , Payet, sakho can all score. Bilic is a shrewd manager

You're a bundle of joy you ain't yeah. It seems every game you think we're going to struggle. I suppose if you keep saying it, it will happen from time to time though.

Offline Kelvinlfc

• Legacy Fan
  • #JFT96
« Reply #33 on: December 5, 2016, 09:43:02 am »
Very important to bounce back especially against West Ham who have been absolutely shite lately, but have been a bit of a bogey team for a while!

Offline King_doggerel

• "What the fuck is a baldrick?"
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #34 on: December 5, 2016, 09:59:35 am »
            Karius
ClyneKlavenLovrenMilner
        Henderson
   WijnaldumLallana
   ManeFirminoOrigi

Offline Floydy

• G is for grumpy. It is modest understatement.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hidden in the shadows, Orchestrating life
« Reply #35 on: December 5, 2016, 10:03:33 am »
we need to ensure the hammers poor form continues. It is imperative we get back to winning ways next week.  That is the beauty of Klopp's style though.. He gets criticised by some for his approach to games that it is unsustinable etc, but for me it  really comes into its own after a poor result,  the mindset is go out and play and win regardless of wheter we won. lost or dreew the previous game, or regardless of thee competition we are playing in.  That constant of demand and training, spirit and mental strength just simply feeds the ability of going out and winning the next game. That is whi Jurgens style is so effective , it is in one word ' relentless'.
Condemnation without investigation is the height of ignorance.  Albert Einstein.  
Unquestionable trust in authority is the enemy of truth. Albert Einstein
Wake up to the war on for your mind!

Online Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #36 on: December 5, 2016, 10:14:18 am »
Typical that Carroll may be fit for this though.  No jitters please Reds.

Offline Ciara (with a capital "C")

• Not fussed on Krispy Kremes
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Taylor Swift is fucking awesome. #FreeAdnan
« Reply #37 on: December 5, 2016, 10:23:49 am »
I think the worst thing we can do is assume that we will just go out there and thrash them. They are dreadful at this moment, but we need to work hard and function as a team.

I do think we will win but we need to find a performance too.

This game can't come quick enough and I hope the players feel that way too.

Offline vinothmct

• Kopite
« Reply #38 on: December 5, 2016, 10:31:23 am »
You're a bundle of joy you ain't yeah. It seems every game you think we're going to struggle. I suppose if you keep saying it, it will happen from time to time though.

I didn't say we will struggle. I just said if we don't concentrate or take small teams lightly . We will get punished. I take no joy in saying so.

In this league if you take a team lightly we will get smashed. We should have learned that after losing against newcastle last season

Offline gatcliffe

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #39 on: December 5, 2016, 10:31:48 am »
Going to be a difficult game after yesterday would simply take a one nil here and now.
Like a bottle of wine the reds get better and better.