Author Topic: Leaving before the final whistle.  (Read 17145 times)

Offline G a r y

• Sexist Pig. Wants to mate with Dan Bilzerian
  • Legacy Fan
  • Kop 306
Re: Leaving before the final whistle.
« Reply #120 on: November 30, 2016, 04:26:07 pm »
When people go to watch a film, do they leave before the conclusion?
I leave before the credits finish

Offline Chakan

• Chaka Chaka.....is in love with Aristotle but only for votes. The proud owner of some very private piles and an inflatable harem! Winner of RAWK's Carabao Cup captian contest.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Internet Terrorist lvl VI
« Reply #121 on: November 30, 2016, 04:26:32 pm »

Only if there's no stinger though...

Offline ShrewKop

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #122 on: November 30, 2016, 04:26:52 pm »
Meh, a bit of a non issue really. If a game is as good as decided before injury time, people will leave early to beat the mass exodus and the traffic that goes with it. It happens at every ground in the UK from Premier League down to the Conference, time is precious so people leave early, it's not just a Liverpool thing.

Offline Billy Elliot

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #123 on: November 30, 2016, 04:27:43 pm »
Only superfans I saw last night were wearing white.

The lot who opened the top tier of their stand for the first time this season when they played top of the table Newcastle?

It was a big night out for them last night but let's not pretend they're any better than us.

With me 3 star jumper half way up me back!

Offline Chief Brody

• Living the goosed life. Requires explanation. Works on the 110% scale.
  • Kopite
  • Hi
« Reply #124 on: November 30, 2016, 04:33:55 pm »
They were better than some of the dickheads around me last night

Online 4pool

• Mr. ( last name) Minister Of Truth - 1984 to 1984. The first to do a Moyesed. A pore grammarist.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Liverpool: European Capital of Football 2005/2006
« Reply #125 on: November 30, 2016, 04:39:49 pm »
When people go to watch a film, do they leave before the conclusion?

There usually aren't 50,000 at the same cinema though.

Maybe more apt would be a large concert...do people leave before the last encore is done.  ;)
Either we are a club of supporters or become a club of customers.

Offline Mr Mingebag Squid

• Wire glory hunter
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #126 on: November 30, 2016, 04:40:40 pm »
There usually aren't 50,000 at the same cinema though.

Maybe more apt would be a large concert...do people leave before the last encore is done.  ;)

Loads did when I went to Bastille the other week - couldn't believe it!
My Sporting Dream Team:-
LFC - Worcester Warriors - Warrington Wolves - New England Patriots - Jenson Button
My Twatter : @MrHappySquid

Offline Medellin

• Self-confessed daft meff.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Sound
« Reply #127 on: November 30, 2016, 05:01:16 pm »
Superfans?  ;D

Does it make somene a better fan to stay & support the team til the end?
Of course it does & i couldn't care less how some take that.
The times i have discussed this prior,the word 'gloryhunter' has been mentioned.

"2-0 i've seen the victory..i'm off"
"1-1..no victory..yeah i'll wait,we might win"
"0-2 down..fuck this,i'm off"

Bollocks to the lame excuses in here,support the team and congratulate them upon victory.
Yes it may have happened since time begun,that doesn't make it ok too.
Support the team,Trust & Believe.

Offline JaimeREDnapz

• Main Stander
« Reply #128 on: November 30, 2016, 05:04:49 pm »

Do you wait until every single player has left the pitch ?
The technical staff ?
How about the grounds man ?

When do you think it's acceptable to leave as a super fan ?

Surely being a super fan you stay until you are asked to leave by the bloke turning the lg Hrs off ?

Offline Timbo's Goals

• Petrified of THE BEAST
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
    • Timbos Liverpool
« Reply #129 on: November 30, 2016, 05:08:44 pm »

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
« Reply #130 on: November 30, 2016, 05:09:24 pm »
Do you wait until every single player has left the pitch ?
The technical staff ?
How about the grounds man ?

When do you think it's acceptable to leave as a super fan ?

Surely being a super fan you stay until you are asked to leave by the bloke turning the lg Hrs off ?

Superfans shouldnt leave at all.
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline Xabi Gerrard

• WHERE IS MY VOTE?
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #131 on: November 30, 2016, 05:12:32 pm »
I guess it comes down to this;

1) Do you think the crowd has any influence on the outcome of a game? (YES/NO)
2) Do you think that a 90% full crowd is less effective in influencing the game as a 100% full crowd? (YES/NO)

If you think the answer to both is 'YES', then leaving the game early is detrimental to the team and you're putting your own comfort above the good of the team (which I guess is fair enough if that's your priority, but dont get all precious if people whose priority is the team call you out for it).

If you think the answer to either is 'NO' then fair enough also. Others may disagree but if you think it has no baring on the result then so be it.

Offline Timbo's Goals

• Petrified of THE BEAST
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
    • Timbos Liverpool
« Reply #132 on: November 30, 2016, 05:13:22 pm »
How do you reckon the thread breaks down? 48% remain 52% leave?

Certainly spot on for me. Head and upper torso I leave on the seat, then make a bee line for the exit with the legs and that.

Does for me.

Offline willfc

• Kopite
    • Anfield 96 blog
« Reply #133 on: November 30, 2016, 05:15:31 pm »
Some geeza left after Reus's goal against Dortmund, bet he regretted that
"I told my players during the break: Since we're here anyway, we might actually play a bit of football." - Jurgen Klopp

Offline Theoldkopite

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Survived The Boy's Pen in the 60's.
« Reply #134 on: November 30, 2016, 05:21:18 pm »

I leave before they play the national anthem :o

Offline smicer07

• Negative, miserable sod!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #135 on: November 30, 2016, 05:23:18 pm »
Anyone who leaves early, unless for an emergency, is a c*nt. Especially if it means me having to stand up and miss some action, you selfish twats.
« Last Edit: November 30, 2016, 05:27:16 pm by smicer07 »

Offline Six Beardy

• Granby Half-Brick Dodger!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #136 on: November 30, 2016, 05:37:05 pm »
All the utter shite in here reminds me of the '60's in the middle of the Kop when each game we'd serenade the huge swathes of the early darters from the Kemlyn and Main stand with a chorus or three of "Sit Down Yer Bums".

We deffo occupied the high moral ground back then....

....or so we thought...

...Meanwhile unbeknown to us diehard heroic stay till the bitter end never quit stalwarts in the middle there'd be droves of our fellow more mature and sensible kopites pouring out of the rear and both sides of the Kop to get to the ale house or home for a hot cup of rosy lea.

C'est la vie. Sure all the empty seats looks absolute shit but twas always thus and always will be. And some games on freezing cold nights with the game seemingly in the bag are worse than others.

Haha yeah, it was always worth staying to the final whistle just to sing 'sit down yer bums' - especially if we were rewarded by some angry arlase in a flatcap and carcoat who'd take the bait, turn around and start flicking v's at the Kop. Oh how we'd all laugh.  ;D

Having said that when Roger McHammertime wrote the line 'through the wind and the rain' you just know he'd never endured a february night match sat freezing his bollocks off in the Kemlyn with a force 11 blizzard howling it's way off the Mersey and up the hill. The baggy-kecksed scottish blert.

Offline Jake

• Fuck VAR
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Fuck VAR
« Reply #137 on: November 30, 2016, 06:37:28 pm »
I left the attaturk at half time cos I knew the game was up and I don't regret it,  wanted to beat the traffic back to my hostel,  not watch traore and Co get beat five nil.
I'm not vaccinated against covid and ... I don't wear masks.

Offline thisyearisouryear

• Need a dose of Hopium
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #138 on: November 30, 2016, 06:43:28 pm »
How do you reckon the thread breaks down? 48% remain 52% leave?
Can we have a poll?

Anyway, I have a question - are the people claiming that they can do whatever they want since it is their ticket the same ones who crib about other fans using selfie sticks/half-and-halves etc. Surely, you can't have it both ways. Because if we start going down that road then people who moan at players or sit for 90 minutes like a statue without making any noise are also justified in doing so, no ? It is their ticket after all.

Offline number 168

• Bootle - Aigburth Vale. Mon-Sat evenings, Sundays & Bank Holidays only. Arl fart clearly past his sell-his-season-ticket-by-date.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #139 on: November 30, 2016, 06:51:37 pm »
I always stay until the final whistle and clap the players off. Why? I enjoy it. Not a superfan, just somebody who has gone to the match for 50 years of my life and just love being there and grateful I can show support for the team. I park near Woodison and five minutes or so mean nothing either way, even if it did it wouldn't matter.

Offline Klippity Klopp

• LFC. For life! Yes! Not just for Kloppmas.....nooo.....
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #140 on: November 30, 2016, 06:55:11 pm »
If you can buy a ticket you can do what you want as long as it is legal and respectful.

I'd rather fans behaved differently, but I'm not god, I don't own the club and I respect other peoples lives, views and circumstances.

Instead of judging and focusing on others I prefer to just try and make as much noise and support as I can when I'm there.

I have left a game early once, at 88 mins to catch a flight.  Otherwise I always stay, if others go - they are entitled to do so without getting comments or abuse thrown their way.  That's worse than leaving early, showing no respect to fellow fans.

Offline Samio

• Displeased Hermaphrodite
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #141 on: November 30, 2016, 07:01:08 pm »
If you can buy a ticket you can do what you want as long as it is legal and respectful.

If others go - they are entitled to do so without getting comments or abuse thrown their way.

It really is this simple.

If I drive, I leave early too. Not ashamed to admit it at all because simply, I couldn't care less what anybody thought about it.

Offline dundeejoe

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #142 on: November 30, 2016, 07:16:49 pm »
i was getting shit from a few fans when i left in the 78th minute against Watford.
it was a 2.30 kick off and the only way back up to Dundee was a bus leaving Manchester at 5.30, meaning i had to be on the 4.22 train from lime street.
ill no doubt need to do again this season.
i stayed till the end yesterday and it takes well over 30 mins from the back row of the new stand to get out.

Offline Medellin

• Self-confessed daft meff.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Sound
« Reply #143 on: November 30, 2016, 07:28:55 pm »
I left the attaturk at half time cos I knew the game was up and I don't regret it,  wanted to beat the traffic back to my hostel,  not watch traore and Co get beat five nil.

I believe i finally know who you are 'Le Cruickshank'.  ;D
..from 15 seconds in to 1 minute.

<a href="https://youtube.com/v/QGOmKQze9NY" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://youtube.com/v/QGOmKQze9NY</a>

Point perfectly made by the way.
« Last Edit: November 30, 2016, 07:30:40 pm by Medellin »
Support the team,Trust & Believe.

Offline G a r y

• Sexist Pig. Wants to mate with Dan Bilzerian
  • Legacy Fan
  • Kop 306
« Reply #144 on: November 30, 2016, 07:32:35 pm »
Massive difference in leaving a league cup game that is wrapped up with 2 minutes to go to a European cup final.

By the way I was there in Istanbul and had no intention of leaving at any point (left the car at home you see)

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Offline CHOPPER

• Bad Tranny with a Chopper. Hello John gotta new Mitre? I'm Jim Davidson in disguise. Undercover Cop (Grammar Division). Does Louis Spence. Well. A giga-c*nt worth of nothing in particular. Hodgson apologist. Astronomical cock. Hug Jacket Distributor
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Not Arsed
« Reply #145 on: November 30, 2016, 07:37:11 pm »
i was getting shit from a few fans when i left in the 78th minute against Watford.
it was a 2.30 kick off and the only way back up to Dundee was a bus leaving Manchester at 5.30, meaning i had to be on the 4.22 train from lime street.
i stayed till the end yesterday and it takes well over 30 mins from the back row of the new stand to get out.

Tough call. You can't have your cake and eat it, Joe.
@ Veinticinco de Mayo The way you talk to other users on this forum is something you should be ashamed of as someone who is suppose to be representing the site.
Martin Kenneth Wild - Part of a family

Offline mikeb58

• The Poet Laureate of the Hillsborough forum and indeed, now, the rest of the site! Allez, allez, allez......
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • kopite
« Reply #146 on: November 30, 2016, 07:42:17 pm »
At 4.20pm the exit gates opened on the old Kop and people flooded out.....and the kids piled in at the same time!
If you want to stay then stay, if you want to get off then do so, no need to feel guilty about it.

Too much of this stuff lately, it's a game of footy for fucks sake if you choose to leave a bit early what the fucks it got to do with anybody else?
Hillsborough...Our Greatest Victory (out now)

Offline Lad

• Legacy Fan
  • Press your space face close to mine love.
« Reply #147 on: November 30, 2016, 07:44:19 pm »
No big deal it's gone on since the year dot don't know why people have decided now to get all worked up over it.

If I had to go into work after the game and the only way to do it is by leaving the match ten early I'm off. Likewise last train, wife's birthday bash and a million other reasons.

Offline butchersdog

• Scouse Tiger.....grrrr :)
  • Kopite
« Reply #148 on: November 30, 2016, 07:45:07 pm »

Why don't you drive down Joe? Opportunity to drive back barefoot and gorge yourself on Toblerone, surely no better way to celebrate a victory?  :)

Offline Jookie

• Ruptures, then repairs the tears
  • Legacy Fan
  • Muted Al 666's posts for my own sanity
« Reply #149 on: November 30, 2016, 07:46:17 pm »
People can leave the ground when they want. Some people will have legitimate reasons for needing to leave.

Personally I wouldn't be arsed going if I had to leave with 10-15 mins of the game to go. I understand that some people might have to leave for travel etc. But I'd genuinely rather not go than have to leave 10 minutes early. I'd just see it as a potential waste of money if I went in the knowledge that I was going to miss the last 10 mins.

If people want to leave early it's their call though. It's the twats who come in late who annoy me. They tend to leave their seat before the half-time whistle and come back after 2nd half has already started. Again, what's the fucking point in going if you are more arsed about getting a hot dog at half time then watching the game.
I think Jookie might just be the best fisherman on this thread.

Offline JoeCole

• Spoiler!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #150 on: November 30, 2016, 07:54:59 pm »
If you're not going to stay until the end then don't buy a ticket and let somebody else that will stay and support the team buy it :wave

Offline dundeejoe

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #151 on: November 30, 2016, 07:56:56 pm »
Why don't you drive down Joe? Opportunity to drive back barefoot and gorge yourself on Toblerone, surely no better way to celebrate a victory?  :)

FAF,unfortunatly have never had a driving test

Offline UntouchableLuis

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #152 on: November 30, 2016, 07:59:26 pm »
I've been going the match for around 13 years now. I've left early maybe a handful of times. Last night was one of them. 2-0 up and our lift was waiting for us. We were absolutely freezing, we wanted to avoid the rush. We left on 90 minutes. Staying for added time seemed completely pointless in that circumstance. We got ahead of the rush, were at the car by ten and home by half ten. With work the next morning (I get up at 6 a.m) this was the logical decision.

As others have said there's many reasons why someone might leave early. I get that it looks bad but as others have said you pay the ticket and you decide what you do at the match. If we were only a goal up or down then I don't get why someone would leave but you judge a game and you know when it will be a nothing 4 minutes of added time before waiting ages to get out in the cold.
"IT'S ENDED.....THE EUROPEAN CUP IS RETURNING TO ENGLAND AND TO ANFIELD."

Online Kenny's Jacket

• Kenny's Vegan Jacket Potato. Talks more sense than me.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #153 on: November 30, 2016, 08:44:26 pm »
Was in the Paddock on Saturday, front row the wheelchair bays. Loads or people left early so I saw basically fuck all of the last 8 minutes. Then the people who left just on the whistle decide to stop leaving and block the entire walkway and watch cos Klopps on the pitch. Make up your mind, you either NEED to leave or you dont. Fuking pricks.
As I've said before, the Full English is just the base upon which the Scots/Welsh/NI have improved upon. Sorry but the Full English is the worst of the British breakfasts.

Offline Tommy Torres

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #154 on: November 30, 2016, 10:50:32 pm »

If you want to stay then stay, if you want to get off then do so, no need to feel guilty about it.

Too much of this stuff lately, it's a game of footy for fucks sake if you choose to leave a bit early what the fucks it got to do with anybody else?

Exactly, what has it got to do with anyone? People will all have their own reasons if they leave early, and if they do, they do, it's their choice - and I'm talking a couple of mins by the way not after 80 mins as that I just don't understand.
There's only one Sergio Torres

Online Kenny's Jacket

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #155 on: November 30, 2016, 10:56:25 pm »
Exactly, what has it got to do with anyone?

The people whos view you are blocking, the people who have to get up to let you past? 
As I've said before, the Full English is just the base upon which the Scots/Welsh/NI have improved upon. Sorry but the Full English is the worst of the British breakfasts.

Online Elzar

• train station gate frustration - delia smith fan club founder ('ave it!)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bam!
« Reply #156 on: November 30, 2016, 11:00:16 pm »
The people whos view you are blocking, the people who have to get up to let you past? 

This can be a bother.

My dad used to leave early when I was younger as apparantly I'd complain and annoy him all the way home (1+ hour drive) and he seems to get bad road rage! But we used to get out ASAP and not linger once we got up.

We always stay now though, a few years back vs Oldham in the cup, there was about 4 lads all together leaving, so we got up to let them past and Liverpool got an attack just as they were moving past. The twats stood infront of us watching, blocking our view, and we almost scored.

If you want to leave early, be quick and just get out. It's annoying enough people coming late and making everyone stand up missing what's going on!
« Last Edit: November 30, 2016, 11:02:09 pm by Elzar »
We already have shit in the country, and the game of Liverpool fills life with joy. Thanks

Offline dobbouk

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #157 on: November 30, 2016, 11:01:56 pm »
He wants to go.  He is entitled to do what he wants, when he has bought the ticket.

Don't preach and tell him how he should behave.

Ideally, I'm sure he and everyone else would love to stay right until the end. 

I do most of the time, but sometimes you have to leave early for various reasons.  I had to leave 5 mins early once otherwise I'd have missed a flight. 

Telling fans not to go because they leave a few minutes early, seems out of order to me.  You do not know the circumstances of why these people are leaving early.

Legit reason...fair enough. 'Ive got to get up for work tomorrow' just isn't a reason. Train/flight to catch is about the only thing I can think of that would make me feel it would be worth it.

Online Kenny's Jacket

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #158 on: November 30, 2016, 11:02:32 pm »
This can be a bother.

My dad used to leave early when I was younger as apparantly I'd complain and annoy him all the way home (1+ hour drive) and he seems to get bad road rage!

We always stay now though, a few years back vs Oldham in the cup, there was about 4 lads all together leaving, so we got up to let them past and Liverpool got an attack just as they were moving past. The twats stood infront of us watching, blocking my Dads view, and we almost scored.

If you want to leave early, be quick and just get out. It's annoying enough people coming late and making everyone stand up missing what's going on!

Yep.

People who leave early without good reason are c*nts. People who leave then decide to stay cos something is happening, massive c*nts.

Offline Chavasse1917

• Legacy Fan
  • “Winning trophies has made me put on weight.”
« Reply #159 on: November 30, 2016, 11:09:43 pm »

I live a few hours away from Liverpool and I am sure that leaving 5 minutes early would mean I'd be on the M62 at least 45 minutes sooner. Have I tried it? Have I F***. 

There's no way I'd leave a game early for fear of missing something momentous, unique or unusual. It happens.

I also agree with Kenny's Jacket. I get really pissed off getting up and down in the last ten minutes for those who want their tea on time. What makes it worse is if you are on the end of a row and those leaving stop half way down the aisle, blocking the view of what is happening up the other end.

If you are lucky enough to be able to go the game, surely its not too much to ask you to stay to the end. 
"Everything has an end...except a sausage, which has two".