Author Topic: Liverpool 2 v Sunderland 0 (Origi 75', Milner 89' )  (Read 41166 times)

Offline wige

• wiggy-woo!
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Liverpool 2 v Sunderland 0 (Origi 75', Milner 89' )
« Reply #640 on: November 30, 2016, 05:31:19 pm »
I don't get the pass vs shot debate. I played a lot of competitive stuff growing up and as a right footed striker this is a kind of shot I would always love to take. If you are out to the left and there is a defender or two between you and the keeper, and you can't see the keeper, then he obviously cannot see you. If you can see this sort of visual obstruction taking place it's a good idea to take a the shot before it clears up. By the time the keeper sees it, it's already too late.

To somebody who doesn't know what they are looking it, it might seem weird since the shot is at a funny angle and the keeper doesn't really react, but I imagine the above is likely what happened. I think better defenders might to avoid blocking the keeper's view if they are not also blocking a shot.

And even more to the point, the lad's scored two goals (at least) like this before. Like he said himself in the post-match interview - it's a skill of his.

I'd kinda expect more Liverpool fans to know this! No surprise that the commentators (Tony Dale in particular) haven't done their research