Author Topic: Jürgen Klopp: Why This is Going to be Something Special (Part II)  (Read 56612 times)

Offline Vinay

• West Coast privileges revoked due to jinxing activity. Considerably more greedier than yaow!
  • Legacy Fan
  • Ceux qui écrivent clairement ont des lecteurs.....
Re: Jürgen Klopp: Why This is Going to be Something Special (Part II)
« Reply #200 on: December 4, 2016, 08:50:48 pm »
When B. Dortmund won it first time under Klopp in 2010-11, they won 23, drew 6 an lost 5. Lost 5!
They scored 67 but conceded only 22. That all happened in 34 games.

I guess if he can sort out the defense, this is still possible.

Offline Vinay

• West Coast privileges revoked due to jinxing activity. Considerably more greedier than yaow!
  • Legacy Fan
  • Ceux qui écrivent clairement ont des lecteurs.....
« Reply #201 on: December 4, 2016, 08:54:36 pm »
By the second time they won it, 2011-12, they had improved to 25-6-3, scored 80 and conceded 25. They were scoring more, the goal difference had increased, but at the expense of conceding 3 more goals than previously. By that time, Bayern Munich were also tightening at the back, conceding only 22 times.

Offline BobOnATank

• Kopite
« Reply #202 on: December 29, 2017, 03:07:11 am »
Still staggered that Jurgen is our manager: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rGtEu8V1py0 old but worth a watch.

Offline Iska

• Legacy Fan
  • The only club that matters
« Reply #203 on: December 29, 2017, 08:10:08 am »
Still staggered that Jurgen is our manager: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rGtEu8V1py0 old but worth a watch.
Beautiful but oh man, to hear him talking about six years when now he’s already done three ... he’s only just got started.

Offline Bobinhood

• RAWK's Pam Ayres. Man without a hat.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hand over the Trophy
« Reply #204 on: January 2, 2018, 01:45:39 am »
Im just totally made up that all of his high quality Summer targets are in the fold and i dont think anybody else outside the ultra rich clubs could have done that. Long may it continue. All Hail!
Amplification does not equal truth. 

"Put these seeds in your pocket. At least sunflowers will grow where you lie!"
A Ukrainian housewife to a young Russian soldier, Feb 24,2022.

Offline zip

• Legacy Fan
  • That was liquid football!
« Reply #205 on: January 2, 2018, 02:51:24 am »
Was just having a look through the Wikipedia pages for our previous seasons - the Klopp ones and the Rodgers ones. You can really see the progress that we've made and what Klopp is building. Not to discredit Rodgers, but he was never going to take us to greater glories. Of course, he played a big part in that great 13-14 season by integrating both Suarez and Sturridge and finding a great role for Gerrard, but that season was a one-off, largely down to the sheer brilliance of Luis Suarez. Rodgers, however, was vital to the rebuilding process that began after FSG took charge. Hodgson's transfers, style and management were a disaster. Kenny had been away from football for a long time and perhaps struggled to re-adapt (but let us not open that can of worms - some have very different opinions on the matter). When Rodgers was brought in, he brought with him new winds and a new style. This meant rebuilding the team and the whole system. While Rodgers did well to bring us out of the slump and take the next step, he never achieved true consistency. I feel as if he lacked the authority and his intended transfer targets were underwhelming. Remember Gerrard's last season? The 6-1 tonking at Stoke and the 3-1 defeat to Palace at Anfield before that? I believe those results would have never happened under Klopp, because he is intent on building a true team spirit and a mentality that simply does not leave room for such indifference to losing. Klopp also knows his transfers - most players he has bought have not failed at Liverpool (compared to the many flops of the Rodgers era - Balotelli, Benteke, Markovic, Lambert, Aspas, Borini, Ilori, Luis Alberto).

The starting line up in Rodgers' last season, in the Champions League group stages decider against Basel: Mignolet, Johnson, Skrtel, Lovren, Jose Enrique, Lucas, Allen, Sterling, Gerrard, Henderson, Lambert.

Our line up under Klopp this season would be, in comparison, something like this: Mignolet, Gomez, Lovren, Matip, Moreno, Wijnaldum, Can, Coutinho, Salah, Firmino, Mane (leaving out players such as Henderson, Milner, Ox, Sturridge, Lallana + van Dijk, Keita.)

In short, I believe we've made great progress since FSG took over. Kenny helped us get over the disaster that was Hodgson, Rodgers helped steady the ship and brought back fluid attacking football, and Klopp, I believe, is taking us to the next step - glory. We are becoming consistent, we are in the Champions league, we have great players and depth in our squad. The Reds are definitely coming up the hill, boys!

« Last Edit: January 2, 2018, 03:08:36 am by zip »
One day, people will hopefully look back and say "I was there son. I was there the year that Spurs won nothing again."

Offline the_red_pill

• Hasn't got a fucking clue when the Reds are playing next.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Frankly my dear...
« Reply #206 on: January 2, 2018, 07:15:49 am »
Was just having a look through the Wikipedia pages for our previous seasons - the Klopp ones and the Rodgers ones. You can really see the progress that we've made and what Klopp is building. Not to discredit Rodgers, but he was never going to take us to greater glories. Of course, he played a big part in that great 13-14 season by integrating both Suarez and Sturridge and finding a great role for Gerrard, but that season was a one-off, largely down to the sheer brilliance of Luis Suarez. Rodgers, however, was vital to the rebuilding process that began after FSG took charge. Hodgson's transfers, style and management were a disaster. Kenny had been away from football for a long time and perhaps struggled to re-adapt (but let us not open that can of worms - some have very different opinions on the matter). When Rodgers was brought in, he brought with him new winds and a new style. This meant rebuilding the team and the whole system. While Rodgers did well to bring us out of the slump and take the next step, he never achieved true consistency. I feel as if he lacked the authority and his intended transfer targets were underwhelming. Remember Gerrard's last season? The 6-1 tonking at Stoke and the 3-1 defeat to Palace at Anfield before that? I believe those results would have never happened under Klopp, because he is intent on building a true team spirit and a mentality that simply does not leave room for such indifference to losing. Klopp also knows his transfers - most players he has bought have not failed at Liverpool (compared to the many flops of the Rodgers era - Balotelli, Benteke, Markovic, Lambert, Aspas, Borini, Ilori, Luis Alberto).

The starting line up in Rodgers' last season, in the Champions League group stages decider against Basel: Mignolet, Johnson, Skrtel, Lovren, Jose Enrique, Lucas, Allen, Sterling, Gerrard, Henderson, Lambert.

Our line up under Klopp this season would be, in comparison, something like this: Mignolet, Gomez, Lovren, Matip, Moreno, Wijnaldum, Can, Coutinho, Salah, Firmino, Mane (leaving out players such as Henderson, Milner, Ox, Sturridge, Lallana + van Dijk, Keita.)

In short, I believe we've made great progress since FSG took over. Kenny helped us get over the disaster that was Hodgson, Rodgers helped steady the ship and brought back fluid attacking football, and Klopp, I believe, is taking us to the next step - glory. We are becoming consistent, we are in the Champions league, we have great players and depth in our squad. The Reds are definitely coming up the hill, boys!

Good post.
There is that "something special" brewing here and although it's been a long time coming, you could really see it yesterday.
Also the fact we made "a statement of intent"- that we want to win the league and we want to be the best- by going out and coolly spending 75 million on a defender(almost a wink at City) says it all. That was a clear marker- you don't do that and say- "Oh well, back to spending pennies and stretch here, save there..."

This club under current direction and management- both on and off the pitch is in harmony, and we know what that means! ;)
Everyone pulling in the same direction.
« Last Edit: January 2, 2018, 07:18:11 am by the_red_pill »
"Some listen to understand. Others listen to respond."
"A fool does not delight in understanding, but only in revealing his own mind."
In such a sumptuous festival of shite, I wouldn't be so quick to pick a winner..

But he'd make the shortlist

Online Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #207 on: January 2, 2018, 09:55:25 am »
We now have the commercial muscle to match our global appeal.  Whilst we will never be able to splash £200m on a single player, the time is coming I suspect when we will have to pay £100m, and £60m will become common place.  But the awesome thing is we will be able to do that, because we have a gifted, charismatic manager, and a back room staff with the footballing nous to know when and how to target our resources.

Years from now we will look back and shudder as we realise how close we came to being trapped as a permanently second rate PL football team, with more past than future.  But for the grace of Klopp and FSG LFC is resurgent and can once more become a dominating force in football. :D
I don't always visit Lobster Pot.  But when I do. I sit.

Popcorn's Art

Online PoetryInMotion96

• Anny Roader
  • His First Name Is Lucas
« Reply #208 on: January 2, 2018, 11:09:32 am »
We now have the commercial muscle to match our global appeal.  Whilst we will never be able to splash £200m on a single player, the time is coming I suspect when we will have to pay £100m, and £60m will become common place.  But the awesome thing is we will be able to do that, because we have a gifted, charismatic manager, and a back room staff with the footballing nous to know when and how to target our resources.

Years from now we will look back and shudder as we realise how close we came to being trapped as a permanently second rate PL football team, with more past than future.  But for the grace of Klopp and FSG LFC is resurgent and can once more become a dominating force in football. :D

Love these 2 posts! Good way to start the New Year!  ;D ;D

Offline Medellin

• Self-confessed daft meff.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Sound
« Reply #209 on: February 12, 2018, 07:50:56 pm »

No idea where this should be or wether it warrants a thread of its own,great read to be had here by Raphael Honigstein.

Gesamtkunstwerk..fucking belter of a word.
Gethemcuntstowork..in english.  ;D

"Gesamtkunstwerk: a highly flammable concoction made up of thrilling attacking football, a special bond in the dressing room and supporters screaming their hearts out."

http://www.goal.com/story/the-passion-of-klopp/
Support the team,Trust & Believe.

Offline northern Monkey

• Kopite
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #210 on: February 13, 2018, 01:02:00 pm »
No idea where this should be or wether it warrants a thread of its own,great read to be had here by Raphael Honigstein.

"Gesamtkunstwerk: a highly flammable concoction made up of thrilling attacking football, a special bond in the dressing room and supporters screaming their hearts out."

Great read.

Impossible to not love the man.

Every now and again it strikes me how lucky we are to have him whilst then instantly realising how perfect we are for him at the same time!

Offline abhred

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #211 on: February 13, 2018, 01:09:50 pm »
I think what's important is a person's philosophy. How he or she views their life and how that manifests into their work. Klopp's philosophy on life is one most of us aspire do. How lucky are we to have that kind of man to bring that to his work at LFC?
It wouldn't be Liverpool if we didn't do it the hard way... ask Gareth Southgate.

Offline Phil M

• YNWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bravery is believing in yourself" Rafael Benitez
    • I coulda been a contenda.....
« Reply #212 on: February 13, 2018, 02:15:16 pm »

Best thing GOAL have done, really nice, cheers.
It's true to say that if Shankly had told us to invade Poland we'd be queuing up 10 deep all the way from Anfield to the Pier Head.

Offline Riquende

• Taking one for the team by giving one to a lucky mascot? Pix or stfu!! (Although is PC is from the 90s so you'll have to wait a while...)
  • Legacy Fan
  • Μετρήστε με με μανία
« Reply #213 on: March 9, 2018, 04:55:24 pm »
I was in Dortmund this week and found a decent bar with a game on the TV on Monday. Alone and speaking no German, I figured I'd have a quiet few and then go back to the hotel. Eventually these two locals near me realised I was English and started chatting about drinking and football in just about understandable English. When I said I was a Liverpool fan one of them stopped suddenly and wistfully said, "Aaahh... Klopp".

I was in there the next night hoping the Liverpool game was on (it wasn't) but I didn't see them again.
"The nicest thing about quotes is that they give us a nodding acquaintance with the originator which is often socially impressive."

~ Kenneth Williams, with whom I'm noddingly acquainted. Socially impressed?

Offline AnimalMasch

• Main Stander
  • Have faith, LFC will prevail. YNWA
« Reply #214 on: March 10, 2018, 10:25:33 am »
'.. By now, the very last person in Dortmund should have realised that we’re on the right path,’ Watzke said after the second leg against Udinese. His team had lost the match on penalties, having won 2-0 at the Stadio Friuli in regular time. But the quality and courage of the performance had made this a knockout of the inverse kind: it put the team firmly on their feet. Dortmund’s progress under the new man in charge had become self-evident. Dismissed by some as merely a motivational coach, shadow-boxing, jumping up and down on the touchline like a hyperactive six-year-old at Disneyland on a sugar rush, Klopp showed that he couldn’t just read a game. He could write one, too.'

Really interesting except taken from' Bring the Noise' talking about Klopps early days at Dortmund!
Have faith, LFC will prevail. YNWA

Offline sinnermichael

• I copy other people's photoshops and twitter posts and texts and pretend they're mine.
  • Legacy Fan
Graham Hunter interview with Jurgen Klopp:
« Reply #215 on: April 2, 2018, 12:32:36 pm »

Offline dudleyred

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Graham Hunter interview with Jürgen Klopp:
« Reply #216 on: April 2, 2018, 01:46:03 pm »
Thoroughly enjoyed that

Cheers for posting

Online jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"
« Reply #217 on: April 2, 2018, 02:12:45 pm »
Fantastic interview what a man. Thanks for posting it.  :)
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"

Offline Motty

• 'Arry's Tax Lawyer. T'riffic. Hush, hush, eye to eye. When will he, will he be famous? I can't answer that!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Graham Hunter interview with Jurgen Klopp:
« Reply #218 on: April 2, 2018, 03:45:21 pm »
Great interview that [emoji1303]

Offline Upinsmoke

• Is a grump, get used to it.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #219 on: April 2, 2018, 08:56:12 pm »
A great listen that. Cheers.

Love Jurgen.

Offline number 168

• Bootle - Aigburth Vale. Mon-Sat evenings, Sundays & Bank Holidays only. Arl fart clearly past his sell-his-season-ticket-by-date.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #220 on: April 2, 2018, 11:40:07 pm »
Great bloke, so captivating. Happy he's our manager.

Offline ABJ

• Legacy Fan
  • Internet terrorist
« Reply #221 on: April 3, 2018, 12:28:15 am »
Brilliant that, cheers for posting.
Quote from: Harvest Fields
i watched the chelsea game at my sisters. her 12 year old son is severly autistic and i forgot myself and jumped up screaming at the goal and he went nuts. screaming and shouting. scared the fuck out of me. apologised to my sister as i thought id upset him, turns out he was joining in.

Offline red_Mark1980

• Wool ginger runner
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • J.F.T.97
« Reply #222 on: April 5, 2018, 04:40:46 pm »
I have the Graham Hunter podcast on my feed and don't always listen.

Sometimes he has people on I've no interest in. But this was wonderful.

Hunter did a brilliant one with Andrew Robertson early February too.