Author Topic: #GERRARD8 - Your favorite Gerrard attribute?  (Read 8256 times)

Offline TheSpionKopNC

• Main Stander
  • Boom
Re: Your favorite Gerrard attribute?
« Reply #80 on: November 25, 2016, 01:15:13 pm »
To use an Americanism he's the most 'clutch' player I've ever known. Last minute goals, game changing goals, cup final goals. He stepped up every fucking time.

facts.

Offline Kekule

• Not fussy.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Re: #GERRARD8 - Your favorite Gerrard attribute?
« Reply #81 on: November 25, 2016, 02:06:39 pm »
The passing was good.

But what I will remember is the countless times it was...

whack, goal...mad celebration.

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
« Reply #82 on: November 25, 2016, 02:12:04 pm »
idontknow - you took the words out of my mouth.

He could do everything, but what separated him from the rest was he had that confidence to be the man. Though I'm not old enough to know it, from what I gather he showed it from the very start. And boy, did he fulfil that role to the fullest while he was here. Captain Fantastic, Mr Man of the Match.

I remember when he gave it the 'I'm the fucking man' and got horrenous stick from fans for it!

He was though.
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Online Hazell

• Ultimate Movie Night Draft Winner 2017. King - or Queen - of Mystery. Hyzenthlay. The 5th Benitle's sex conch.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #83 on: December 10, 2016, 12:26:15 pm »
This might be appropriate here:

Arbeloa:

He has watched others make the transition and he certainly has some of the attributes – he has had the coaches too, including Benítez, Mourinho, Ancelotti and Del Bosque – but he says that sometimes life, and opportunity, makes decisions for you. Take Jamie Carragher, for example.

“Everyone saw Carragher as a coach but he’s as happy as can be on the telly, eh! Relaxed, comfortable. We all said: ‘Carragher will be a coach, Stevie [Gerrard] on the telly’, but maybe it’ll be the other way around.”

Isn’t Gerrard a bit quiet to be a coach, though? “And Zidane isn’t?” Arbeloa shoots back. “None of us could see it and now look. I’ve been lucky. I’ve played with some of the best players in history, but Gerrard’s the most complete.” More than Zidane?! “Could Zidane defend like Steven?” Arbeloa replies, swiftly.

“He defended, he attacked, he was good in the air, he could hit it with his right, with his left, he could head a corner or take it, play everywhere. He could do so much, so well. He has experience, he’s worked with good coaches, and if he wants to be a coach, he can.

“You think he’s calm but on the pitch he’s all passion. You see him flying into a tackle or celebrating a goal and think: ‘Calm? Yeah, when he’s sleeping maybe …’ And if he wants to be a coach there’s no better place than Liverpool.”

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2016/dec/10/west-ham-alvaro-arbeloa-slaven-bilic
We have to change from doubter to believer. Now.

Offline gatcliffe

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #84 on: December 10, 2016, 04:28:57 pm »
Leading by example.
Like a bottle of wine the reds get better and better.