Author Topic: Cancer  (Read 247091 times)

Offline aceface9

• Main Stander
  • Make Us Dream
Re: Cancer
« Reply #1360 on: May 16, 2012, 05:22:38 pm »
Literally (5 minutes ago) just found out my younger cousin has Hodgkins.  Doctors found a lump a year ago and only recently decided to investigate it further.  Little bit of anger and shock right now.  Tough blow but the kid is a fighter.
"I wouldnt grace my one remaining eye with that inbred, bunch of silver spoon fed c*nts, smarmy,snobby , self important bunch of fucking wankers if my life depended on it. Fuck the wankers. There is a wedding down at St Faiths, that means more to me than these pricks. Get to fuck."
Sir Harvest Fields

Offline PluckyUnderdog

• Kopite
« Reply #1361 on: May 17, 2012, 03:33:19 pm »
Literally (5 minutes ago) just found out my younger cousin has Hodgkins.  Doctors found a lump a year ago and only recently decided to investigate it further.  Little bit of anger and shock right now.  Tough blow but the kid is a fighter.

Hodgkins Lymphoma is apparently alot easier to cure than Non-Hodgkins, mate. I'm sure the prognosis will still be good  ;)

Offline Slightly Less Mediocre Baron Bennekov

• SNITCH. Has a wotsit the size of a wasp sting. McManaman (doo doooby doo doo!) Mentally slow due to being on RAWK too much.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • You'll see it when you believe it!
« Reply #1362 on: May 17, 2012, 10:05:12 pm »
Horrible day today. I'm at the funeral later of my mate's uncle I mentioned a few weeks back while my sister is going in for her op as well. Just keeping my fingers crossed for her. Fuck cancer!

How did it go, Sean?

Offline Drake31

• Legacy Fan
  • all hail king kenny
« Reply #1363 on: May 18, 2012, 10:15:21 pm »
just been told my uncle howard has days left now he is back in hospital, we are aloud to go anytime to see him, but my other uncle has told me he is high on the morphine etc and been very aggresive to people saying he doent want to see anyone, its a hard decision but were supposed to be going to see him tomorrow, the thing is i dont know if i want to remember this way any advice would be a great help :'(
"IF YOU CAN'T SUPPORT US WHEN WE LOSE OR DRAW, DON'T SUPPORT US WHEN WE WIN!" Heed this advice or get the fuck off our forum.

Offline TSC

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #1364 on: May 19, 2012, 12:20:39 am »
just been told my uncle howard has days left now he is back in hospital, we are aloud to go anytime to see him, but my other uncle has told me he is high on the morphine etc and been very aggresive to people saying he doent want to see anyone, its a hard decision but were supposed to be going to see him tomorrow, the thing is i dont know if i want to remember this way any advice would be a great help :'(

Go to see him.  It's his last few hours, and no matter what his reaction, you'll always regret if you didnt go and see him once he's gone.

Offline macca888

• Macca the Militant Illiterate Gnok. Chief Football Hack aka macca888. Jacqui Smith and Anne Widdecombe, in any order. Or together. He's not fussy. Overdue with Crosby Nick. Recently elevated to status Sir Precious C*nt.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1365 on: May 19, 2012, 01:56:48 am »

All I will say mate is to follow your heart. Just remember, you won't ever get the chance to change your decision so just make sure it's the one you are happiest with. If this helps though, there is a famous quote which says something like "Better to regret the things you did than regret the things you didn't."

Anyway, take care mate and best wishes to your family at this time.
Macca resplendent!
A colossus bestriding the
moral high ground as ever.

Offline macca888

• Macca the Militant Illiterate Gnok. Chief Football Hack aka macca888. Jacqui Smith and Anne Widdecombe, in any order. Or together. He's not fussy. Overdue with Crosby Nick. Recently elevated to status Sir Precious C*nt.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1366 on: May 19, 2012, 01:59:52 am »
How did it go, Sean?

I really appreciate that mate, and everyone else's well wishes. Strange to say, but the funeral was an absolute scream. Obviously at first it was very emotional, but once we left the crematorium, we gave him the send off he would have wanted. 60 years of brilliant stories and yarns from ex girflriends, friends and family. It really was a fantastic celebration of his life.

And the brilliant news about Anne is that she's had the double mastectomy and all went well. Now I'm not certain of the order of things because I haven't been able to speak to her much while she's in hospital with her being in France, but my assumption is that she had the scan after the op and everything looks fantastic. She'll be out by about next Tuesday and then starts the radiotherapy in a couple of weeks. Obviously after that the reconstructive surgery starts, but she can't wait to start now!

I'd just like to say on here too a special thank you to Mark (-HH-)  whose advice has been absolutely invaluable for me and for me to relay to our Anne. You are a star mate and I can never thank you enough, and i just want everyone to know that. I'll still probably be PMing you in the next couple of weeks with a few more questions though  :D

thamks everyone,

Sean  :wave

Macca resplendent!

Offline Lady_brandybuck

• Duchess of Crackers, Mermaid of the Caribbean Sea and Amazon goddess (Current Empress of Tenochtitlan)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Available for parties and dinners.
« Reply #1367 on: May 19, 2012, 03:03:33 am »
I really appreciate that mate, and everyone else's well wishes. Strange to say, but the funeral was an absolute scream. Obviously at first it was very emotional, but once we left the crematorium, we gave him the send off he would have wanted. 60 years of brilliant stories and yarns from ex girflriends, friends and family. It really was a fantastic celebration of his life.

And the brilliant news about Anne is that she's had the double mastectomy and all went well. Now I'm not certain of the order of things because I haven't been able to speak to her much while she's in hospital with her being in France, but my assumption is that she had the scan after the op and everything looks fantastic. She'll be out by about next Tuesday and then starts the radiotherapy in a couple of weeks. Obviously after that the reconstructive surgery starts, but she can't wait to start now!

I'd just like to say on here too a special thank you to Mark (-HH-)  whose advice has been absolutely invaluable for me and for me to relay to our Anne. You are a star mate and I can never thank you enough, and i just want everyone to know that. I'll still probably be PMing you in the next couple of weeks with a few more questions though  :D

thamks everyone,

Sean  :wave

Hope your sister gets better soon Sean. All the best to her!
"Hope is a good thing, maybe the best of things, and no good thing ever dies"

Offline Drake31

• Legacy Fan
  • all hail king kenny
« Reply #1368 on: May 19, 2012, 04:07:28 pm »
thanks to everybody for there advice me and my brother and our gf's are gonna go see him in the next hour or so,  dunno how i feel about it sadness i think at the thought of prob going to be the last time isee him.... GOD its hard,
"IF YOU CAN'T SUPPORT US WHEN WE LOSE OR DRAW, DON'T SUPPORT US WHEN WE WIN!" Heed this advice or get the fuck off our forum.

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1369 on: May 19, 2012, 11:23:44 pm »

Lad i used to work with had Hodgkins twice, last time I saw him he was fine had made a full recovery.As has been said, its easier to beat than non hodgkins lymphoma. Hopefully everything will be fine for your cousin.
Jurgen, you made us laugh, you made us cry, you made Liverpool a bastion of invincibilty, now leave us on a high - YNWA

Offline ۩ Imperator ۩

• CAE DIVI AUG
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • "Let them hate me, as long as they respect me"
« Reply #1370 on: May 20, 2012, 08:36:29 am »
The latest news on my student - she finished her proton therapy treatment two weeks ahead of schedule. Flew back to the UK on Thursday, and jet lagged and exhausted, decided that she was so desperate to be back in school that she came in on Friday. The girl is an absolute loony! True to form, she even went and watched rounders practice at lunchtime (though she can't take part yet). The treatment has apparently gone very well, and she will not have to visit a hospital for a while now. They will be keeping a close eye on her with regular check ups and scans, but everyone seems to be really optimistic of success. Please keep your prayers coming as they're obviously doing a good job up to now! Thank you.
In a free state there should be freedom of speech and thought.
 Tiberius Caesar Augustus,
Roman Emperor & General (42 BC - 37 AD)

Offline Drake31

• Legacy Fan
  • all hail king kenny
« Reply #1371 on: May 20, 2012, 09:30:05 am »
RIP uncle Howard 57 years old

what a brave  brave man you were

will be sadly missed

Offline macca888

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1372 on: May 20, 2012, 08:06:33 pm »
The latest news on my student - she finished her proton therapy treatment two weeks ahead of schedule. Flew back to the UK on Thursday, and jet lagged and exhausted, decided that she was so desperate to be back in school that she came in on Friday. The girl is an absolute loony! True to form, she even went and watched rounders practice at lunchtime (though she can't take part yet). The treatment has apparently gone very well, and she will not have to visit a hospital for a while now. They will be keeping a close eye on her with regular check ups and scans, but everyone seems to be really optimistic of success. Please keep your prayers coming as they're obviously doing a good job up to now! Thank you.

Fantasic news Mark. Keep us all updated and give her my best wishes.

RIP uncle Howard 57 years old

what a brave  brave man you were

will be sadly missed

Sorry to hear mate. RIP Howard, and best wshes to you and your family.
Macca resplendent!

Offline -HH-

• 'cocky bastard'?
  • Legacy Fan
  • Never forget the Hillsborough victims
    • Footy fans
« Reply #1373 on: May 20, 2012, 10:03:36 pm »

It's very kind of you to say mate - I've been keeping you and your family in my thoughts these past few weeks. Glad to hear your mate's uncle got the send off he deserved. As I said, anything more you want to fire my way please do - but that goes for others in this thread too, if you or a loved one are going to be undergoing radiotherapy and want to ask any questions feel free. I can't promise that I'll always be as quick back to you as I'd like but I will do so - you've probably seen me chatting some shite about the reds but I do understand radiotherapy better than most.

Best of luck to all of you in this thread currently struggling with this horrible disease. And RIP Howard.
Balotelli, Falcao, Cavani...

I'll be shocked if it's anyone other Etoo. Etoo or no-one. Simples.

In fact, I'll do you all a favor and ban myself from the January transfer window forum if we get anyone other than Etoo.

Offline Drake31

• Legacy Fan
  • all hail king kenny
« Reply #1374 on: May 20, 2012, 10:17:13 pm »
thank you all for the kind messages everyone
my uncle howard was tring some kind of new treatment that has never been used before
i just hope the results they get from it can go on to help other people in the future, its what he would have wanted he was a brave man for taking part in these trials, knowing it could shorten what time he had left,
good luck to anybody else  fighting this horrible disease and too any loved ones
god bless you all

• SNITCH. Has a wotsit the size of a wasp sting. McManaman (doo doooby doo doo!) Mentally slow due to being on RAWK too much.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1375 on: May 24, 2012, 11:16:12 pm »
Sorry for not replying earlier but I've been under the weather lately due to a serious attack of gout / podagra.

Sean, I'm glad the funeral went well and that your sister's doing well (hope she still is?) The get together after a funeral is always a nice way to end a sad day.

Mark, thanks for your update. I'm glad the treatment seems to work well. Fingers crossed it'll continue to do so for her... :)

Offline Bioluminescence

• Hidden Gem
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1376 on: May 24, 2012, 11:53:08 pm »
As always my thoughts are with all of you going through a tough time. It always saddens me to see people lose loved ones or having to endure cancer and all it brings with it.

It's good to hear the good news, too. I've got my fingers crossed for all those enduring this rotten illness either directly or through a loved one. Sending you lots of healing vibes and strength.

The good news for me is that I was officially discharged from the oncology department today. I still have four months of treatment to go, but it feels like a huge cloud has lifted. I'm feeling quite emotional - can't quite put it into words. It feels so good being able to see the end of it after six long years.

Offline Maggie May

• A true Grandmother of Sirs. The Next Vera Lynne. The Pigeon Queen. Lobster Botherer Knockout Champ. RAWK's favourite gog. Belshie Gets Hard For Her. Call that a knife??
  • Legacy Fan
  • Nemo me impune lacessit. Semper Fi
« Reply #1377 on: May 25, 2012, 06:20:14 pm »
Delighted for you Bio.  Excellent news. 
Rather a day as a lion than a lifetime as a sheep.

I can only be nice to one person a day.  Today is not your day.  Tomorrow doesn't look too good either.
I tried being reasonable.  I didn't like it.  Old enough to know better.  Young enough not to give a fuck.

Offline Crimson_Tank

• Rhyming Slang. RAWK Virgil. Knows a proper spit-roast when he sees one.....something to do with the law of the bi.....Is truly a giant amongst the short staff.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • "Time is an illusion, Lunchtime, doubly so." F.P.
« Reply #1378 on: May 25, 2012, 06:35:33 pm »
Excellent news Bio, what a great way to start out the weekend.
I watched a YouTube video and decided that Paul Konchesky looked like a player.
A dead animal is a dead animal. And a piece of meat is a piece of meat.

Offline Drake31

• Legacy Fan
  • all hail king kenny
« Reply #1379 on: May 25, 2012, 10:13:10 pm »
fantasic news bio :D

Offline Lady_brandybuck

• Duchess of Crackers, Mermaid of the Caribbean Sea and Amazon goddess (Current Empress of Tenochtitlan)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Available for parties and dinners.
« Reply #1380 on: May 25, 2012, 10:18:04 pm »
Excellent news Bio! Keep strong!
"Hope is a good thing, maybe the best of things, and no good thing ever dies"

Offline BSBW

• Will take anyone one on to maintain the integrity and traditions of the 70's and 80's Road End
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Born Scouse Born Wild
« Reply #1381 on: May 26, 2012, 07:32:12 am »
I'm made up you for you Bio. x
G'Day Lid - Official Scouse rep of the OCB Down Under.

Offline mat106

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1382 on: May 26, 2012, 07:49:11 am »
So happy for you BIO.

I will continue to have you in my thoughts and prayers.

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1383 on: May 26, 2012, 10:01:39 pm »
Bio - don't know you, will probably never meet you but I'm tearing up here. So glad for you... Keep fighting! :wave

Offline Jonathan Hall ☆☆☆☆☆☆

• The name's Hall... Jonathan Hall. aka DangerPaddy. Olores de cebollas. Carly Cole Stalker. Likes to drink at Bar Fanny.
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Tapas y Cerveza y vino tinto!
« Reply #1384 on: May 26, 2012, 10:22:02 pm »
Always nice to see a bit of good news on here. Keep it up Bio.
Right which bastards eaten me Tapas?

http://hfdinfo.com/digital/

Offline Drake31

• Legacy Fan
  • all hail king kenny
« Reply #1385 on: May 26, 2012, 10:30:33 pm »
i went too see my uncle howard laid to rest yesterday i kept looking at him and was waiting for him to open his eyes or sit up :'( i hate cancer

Offline Bioluminescence

• Hidden Gem
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1386 on: May 26, 2012, 11:03:31 pm »
Thank you all for your kind messages :wave This thread has been a great source of support and my only regret is that I can't share this moment with Dan (The Sky I Scrape). It makes a difference to have a place to talk about it all though, so a huge thanks to you all. Trying to find my feet and hoping to organise a trip to Anfield when it's all over, so might be able to meet some of you :) x

I'm thinking of you Drake - keep strong and let us know how it goes or if you need anything x

Offline Maggie May

• A true Grandmother of Sirs. The Next Vera Lynne. The Pigeon Queen. Lobster Botherer Knockout Champ. RAWK's favourite gog. Belshie Gets Hard For Her. Call that a knife??
  • Legacy Fan
  • Nemo me impune lacessit. Semper Fi
« Reply #1387 on: May 26, 2012, 11:45:10 pm »
You're in my thoughts Drake.   So sorry mate.  Try and think of all the good times you had together. 
Rather a day as a lion than a lifetime as a sheep.

I can only be nice to one person a day.  Today is not your day.  Tomorrow doesn't look too good either.
I tried being reasonable.  I didn't like it.  Old enough to know better.  Young enough not to give a fuck.

Offline Drake31

• Legacy Fan
  • all hail king kenny
« Reply #1388 on: May 27, 2012, 12:08:26 am »
yea his words keep going around in my head all he would say is dont worry about me i will be fine :'(
the funeral is not till thursday so its gonna be a long week

Offline androulla

• aka little monkey
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
« Reply #1389 on: May 27, 2012, 01:07:47 am »

That's fantastic news!! Great to hear that she wants to be back in school. She's probably missed her friends alot and wants normality.

Offline androulla

• aka little monkey
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
« Reply #1390 on: May 27, 2012, 01:19:33 am »
As always my thoughts are with all of you going through a tough time. It always saddens me to see people lose loved ones or having to endure cancer and all it brings with it.

It's good to hear the good news, too. I've got my fingers crossed for all those enduring this rotten illness either directly or through a loved one. Sending you lots of healing vibes and strength.

The good news for me is that I was officially discharged from the oncology department today. I still have four months of treatment to go, but it feels like a huge cloud has lifted. I'm feeling quite emotional - can't quite put it into words. It feels so good being able to see the end of it after six long years.

That's truly fabulous news Bioluminescence. I'm so pleased for you. Keep strong.

Lots of prayers, strength and love to all of you who are going through this horrific illness.

Offline Drake31

• Legacy Fan
  • all hail king kenny
« Reply #1391 on: June 2, 2012, 11:12:18 pm »
we all gave uncle howard the best send off on thursday :)
 but we will all miss him so, good luck to everybody else  in there fight

Offline foody

• Anny Roader
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #1392 on: June 10, 2012, 02:55:00 am »
Two months ago my old fella started losing a lot of weight of all of a sudden, got the usual blood tests done at the doc's but couldn't find anything wrong, got referred to hospital for a CT scan and ultrasound and the ultrasound nurse said it could be gallstones. Didn't hear anything else but he was still losing weight and becoming breathless, which ended up with my mum ringing an ambulance for him one morning about five weeks ago. Got took in and seemed to perk up a bit after a few days of treatment.

He stayed in hospital while they ran more tests and then four weeks ago came the news that they suspected he had cancer of the lungs. Two days later it was confirmed and they found something on his liver that needed investigating. Another day passed and we found out it was in his liver too and there was nothing they could do and they'd try and get him home to my mum whilst they worked out a treatment plan to prolong the time he had left(The doctor wouldn't commit to how long but said possibly a year.) Mum went about finding things to make him more comfortable and working out what to do at home for when he came, but then he got a chest infection and more tests showed it had spread to his bones aswell.

Now we're up to about two weeks ago and he's still in the hospital and pissed off that they've still not sent him home! Two days later he gets sent for his first course of radiotherapy and reacts quite badly to it(as you'd expect.) Then this monday they tell us that he's not coming home, he's going to have to go in a Hospice instead as soon as they sort his chest infection out. On tuesday they drained fluid off his lungs which the doctor described as looking like Guiness! On wednesday I saw this thread and thought about posting, I even wrote a little post out and was sat here at midnight trying to think of what to put, to what are essentially strangers on this thread but I deleted it and went to bed.

On thursday morning I woke up to a phone call off my mum, telling me that my dad had passed away that night, less than six weeks after finding out he had cancer. Shocking...but at least he's out of his suffering and we don't have to see him die a slow death. R.I.P Dad, YNWA.

Two years ago today since me old fella past away. Bloody hell time flies, still not managed 300 posts yet either but on here every day watching the world go by. He'd have been made up to see Kenny back at the helm (and moaned about him getting the sack!).

Anyway, popped in to say it's gets easier and you've got to remember the good times and embrace them.

God bless you Dad, RIP. YNWA.

Offline Sir Harvest Fields

• And it burns, burns, burns, the ring of fire. Generally an all-round decent fella but owes a great debt to felines globally. And to Jim. Shine On, You Crazy Diamond. "Winston? Winston! WINSTON!!!!!!!!!!!!!"
  • RAWK Remembers
  • Legacy Fan
  • Quicker Than Yngwie? Maybe!
« Reply #1393 on: June 10, 2012, 07:41:01 am »
Keep your chins up guys, good luck to you all. Dont let this disease beat ya :)
"Woe to you, Oh Earth and Sea, for the Devil sends the beast with wrath, because he knows the time is short...Let him who hath understanding reckon the number of the beast for it is a human number, its number is Six hundred and sixty six."

Offline -HH-

• 'cocky bastard'?
  • Legacy Fan
    • Footy fans
« Reply #1394 on: June 14, 2012, 10:28:40 pm »
Have stayed away from this deliberately recently because while I deal with cancer every day in my job and often try and help people out with info and advice through this thread (given my knowledge around radiotherapy) it has just been the last month or so that I have had to deal with anything personally along these lines. Just over a month ago my uncle and godfather (bear in mind I didn't get christened until I was 19 so got to choose my godparents) was diagnosed with an aggresive lymphoma. Since then he has been started on chemo, which they had to stop because it made him very ill - particularly around the time of my cousin's wedding where he, my aunt and a couple of cousins where very much missed. Since then he has seemed like he's been improving, although they haven't been able to restart the chemo. Because of this they've found out this evening that he'll have to have surgery tomorrow which will mean he loses his foot, then further surgery next week when they can assess things further. I'm finding it particularly difficult as I haven't managed to see him yet - though hopefully in a couple of weeks I'm in the area and will obviously make the trip in to see him.

There has been an upside to this in that it has really brought the family together. We were always really close as children but the family has really spread out around the country since and it's harder these days - so that's something. But I'd really appreciate if people would keep my Uncle Brian in their thoughts (and prayers if your beliefs extend to that). Thanks.

In fact, I'll do you all a favor and ban myself from the January transfer window forum if we get anyone other than Etoo.

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1395 on: June 14, 2012, 10:34:20 pm »
But I'd really appreciate if people would keep my Uncle Brian in their thoughts (and prayers if your beliefs extend to that). Thanks.

Just read your post as I was about to go to bed where I always "have a word" with my late dad and others who need a thought and a prayer because they're struggling. God bless and best of luck to your uncle, you and your family.

Offline -HH-

• 'cocky bastard'?
  • Legacy Fan
    • Footy fans
« Reply #1396 on: June 14, 2012, 10:36:17 pm »
Just read your post as I was about to go to bed where I always "have a word" with my late dad and others who need a thought and a prayer because they're struggling. God bless and best of luck to your uncle, you and your family.

Thanks mate I appreciate that.

Offline mat106

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1397 on: June 14, 2012, 10:38:59 pm »
HH
You are all in my thoughts and prayers. May you all be blessed with all that is peaceful and good!

Offline Col

• Shaves his tongue and shares makeup tips. May be a little camp.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1398 on: June 15, 2012, 06:15:17 am »
Thanks mate I appreciate that.

Keep your head up, mate.
I don't have to sell my soul... he's already in me.

Offline -HH-

• 'cocky bastard'?
  • Legacy Fan
    • Footy fans
« Reply #1399 on: June 15, 2012, 06:40:50 am »
Keep your head up, mate.

Cheers fella - hope you're well and enjoying the American life again.

HH
You are all in my thoughts and prayers. May you all be blessed with all that is peaceful and good!