Author Topic: Liverpool vs Arsenal March 4th 2017. KO 5.30  (Read 39719 times)

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Liverpool vs Arsenal March 4th 2017. KO 5.30
« Reply #120 on: March 2, 2017, 03:19:49 pm »
which is annoying

its not like we are 10 points off 4th. if players are looking at the summer then can do one!

We are not much points off but we have been here before. A small points gap can become massive with a few bad results. Its getting over the last bad result which is difficult to do and losing form at this time is just the worst time, especially when you see the form of Spurs, City and Utd.

I dont think the players will be looking at the summer but the manager may do so and fans certainly are.

Offline barndog

• Main Stander
« Reply #121 on: March 2, 2017, 03:40:34 pm »
Im travelling over for this game, broken ankle and all, we must win

Offline diegoLFC7

• Legacy Fan
  • LFC
« Reply #122 on: March 2, 2017, 03:59:31 pm »
We need a fast start. If we concede first its game over. We need to get the press going, and move the ball quickly around the midfield. I would take Firmino out and put Sturridge in.
Seen us win everything

Offline harryc

• ane ;)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We All Live in a Red and a White Kop
« Reply #123 on: March 2, 2017, 04:06:08 pm »
We need a fast start. If we concede first its game over. We need to get the press going, and move the ball quickly around the midfield. I would take Firmino out and put Sturridge in.

Do we know if he has recovered from his virus?

Offline Caligula?

• Relentlessly negative about fucking everything. A smile would crack your face.....the most boring poster on the site
  • Legacy Fan
  • SPQR
« Reply #124 on: March 2, 2017, 04:09:52 pm »
Has one of our players come out to the media and said something along the lines of "We must take responsibility and improve, we are together and will get through this" yet?

Something's gotta give. I'd take Firmino out and put Sturridge in his place and also hope that Lucas is nowhere near the team if Lovren isn't fit. Realistically the first 10-15 mins of this should give us an insight into what the rest of the match will be like.

Offline Danny Boys Dad

• Errol Flynn when he's had a few
  • Legacy Fan
  • Now listen here son
« Reply #125 on: March 2, 2017, 04:13:32 pm »
Has one of our players come out to the media and said something along the lines of "We must take responsibility and improve, we are together and will get through this" yet?

10 minutes ago

"We must stand up, be counted and take responsibility"

Lallana
Legacy fan

Offline Caligula?

• Relentlessly negative about fucking everything. A smile would crack your face.....the most boring poster on the site
  • Legacy Fan
  • SPQR
« Reply #126 on: March 2, 2017, 04:20:00 pm »
10 minutes ago

Lallana

As if right on cue. I hadn't even seen that. They never learn do they?  :duh

Offline slaphead

• Nothing up top.
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #127 on: March 2, 2017, 04:51:48 pm »
I want to see a big performance from Coutinho. I think he's class, and I love his attitude, even though he appears quiet in nature, he busts his balls.  That being said, he has been extremely poor since he came back from injury. Being the clubs best or one of the best players brings with it expectation that others don't have placed upon them and you have to justify that when it matters most.

Offline Ashburton

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #128 on: March 2, 2017, 05:08:55 pm »
I want to see a big performance from Coutinho. I think he's class, and I love his attitude, even though he appears quiet in nature, he busts his balls.  That being said, he has been extremely poor since he came back from injury. Being the clubs best or one of the best players brings with it expectation that others don't have placed upon them and you have to justify that when it matters most.

Expect plenty of space for him to exploit, I'm expecting a fairly easy win for you lot.  We have barely turned up in the first half (of any game) all season, have an untested CM pairing and likely missing our best creative player.  Think Walcott is key for us as he's about the only player who would let us go direct, as the rest of them tend to drop deep and congest midfield.  Need a big performance from Cech as he's usually busy against you lot due to the defence caught high up the pitch.

I'm going to go for 4-2.

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #129 on: March 2, 2017, 05:10:47 pm »
Expect plenty of space for him to exploit, I'm expecting a fairly easy win for you lot.  We have barely turned up in the first half (of any game) all season, have an untested CM pairing and likely missing our best creative player.  Think Walcott is key for us as he's about the only player who would let us go direct, as the rest of them tend to drop deep and congest midfield.  Need a big performance from Cech as he's usually busy against you lot due to the defence caught high up the pitch.

I'm going to go for 4-2.

Its not going to be easy. We are in a shitty run of form.

Offline SerbianScouser

• Far from world class.
  • Legacy Fan
  • ...All the best
« Reply #130 on: March 2, 2017, 05:27:00 pm »
Since Klopp took over we played 18 games in the league against the Top 7 teams and won 35 points. Nobody else in this group comes even close to that. That is an incredible consistency against the top teams while Arsenal on the other hand are one of the worst performers in this mini league over the same number of games.

They only may avoid battering if they drop Ozil and go with 3 CMs but since they're unlikely to do that mark my words we will annihilate them.

Offline deFacto please, you bastards

• Apologies if I haven't responded to every post in every thread yet, I'm trying hard. farKnow.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #131 on: March 2, 2017, 05:34:37 pm »
i have no expectations or confidence in this side at the moment. arsenals poor run against top teams cant go on forevwr and our good run against the same sides cant go on forever either.

incredibly frustrating group of players

Offline rawcusk8

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #132 on: March 2, 2017, 05:41:29 pm »
Ramsay, Koscielny and Ozil all likely to feature for them and Hendo likely to miss out for us. Will be a close game, wonder if Arsene has been watching us play this season, men behind the ball then a swift counter will surely be his tactics. Hopefully he does what Poch did and plays into our hands, either way this result will have a huge bearing on the rest of our season.
“If you even dream of beating me you'd better wake up and apologize.” - muhammad ali

Offline Klippity Klopp

• LFC. For life! Yes! Not just for Kloppmas.....nooo.....
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #133 on: March 2, 2017, 05:43:19 pm »
Ramsay, Koscielny and Ozil all likely to feature for them

I hope he does.  He's lazy and lacks balls.

We need to get stuck into him early, like Leicester did with Mane and watch him disappear.

Offline Buck Pete

• GV66 LJF for short. King Kong Balls. Bathes in peat. Partial to a walnut whip. Gets wet for 24/7 but disappointed Chopper. On the mortgage blacklist. Too tight to really be called a
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #134 on: March 2, 2017, 05:44:18 pm »
Anyone reckon we should bring Bertie back to LB and drop Milner in the middle while Hendo is out? Give the midfield a bit of steel.

Moreno has had plenty of time on his arse and perhaps what he needed. Got to give him another chance sooner or later.

Just a thought.

Offline Lycan

• Loves egg. Quite partial to a nipple too. Once came into contact with Jeremy Beadle and his tiny right hand. I used to be a Werewolf, but I'm alright noooooooooowww!!!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #135 on: March 2, 2017, 05:45:49 pm »
10 minutes ago

Lallana

Meh... I'm tired of them coming out with this sort of stuff. Has he only just realised this by the way?

Get your heads down and start putting in match winning performances in every game, from now until the end of the season. No matter who you play.

Actions speak louder than words Adam... Actions speak louder than words...
“There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. A high-powered mutant of some kind, never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die.”

• Apologies if I haven't responded to every post in every thread yet, I'm trying hard. farKnow.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #136 on: March 2, 2017, 05:46:45 pm »
Anyone reckon we should bring Bertie back to LB and drop Milner in the middle while Hendo is out? Give the midfield a bit of steel.

Moreno has had plenty of time on his arse and perhaps what he needed. Got to give him another chance sooner or later.

Just a thought.

Arsenal are the worst side to put Moreno back in the game for.

Offline killer-heels

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #137 on: March 2, 2017, 05:53:42 pm »
10 minutes ago

Lallana

Lallana's comments are fine, no issue there. I thought Mignolet last week though took the piss when he questioned Leicester's mentality. Talk about firing up the opposition.

Offline Lycan

• Loves egg. Quite partial to a nipple too. Once came into contact with Jeremy Beadle and his tiny right hand. I used to be a Werewolf, but I'm alright noooooooooowww!!!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #138 on: March 2, 2017, 05:54:42 pm »

Why should he be given another chance? He just isn't good enough imo and we should got rid him in the summer and brought in a top LB.
“There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. A high-powered mutant of some kind, never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die.”

Offline Lycan

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #139 on: March 2, 2017, 05:56:09 pm »
Lallana's comments are fine, no issue there.

For me, I can only hear that sort of thing so many times. It's time for them all to start doing it.

Offline Ashburton

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #140 on: March 2, 2017, 06:07:24 pm »
Why should he be given another chance? He just isn't good enough imo and we should got rid him in the summer and brought in a top LB.

Think he's a top left back and unfairly maligned on here. 

Offline Lycan

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #141 on: March 2, 2017, 06:08:58 pm »
Think he's a top left back and unfairly maligned on here. 

Haha. Nice try. :D

Offline SinceSixtyFive

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We are Liverpool. Resistance is futile.
« Reply #142 on: March 2, 2017, 06:18:45 pm »
For me, I can only hear that sort of thing so many times. It's time for them all to start doing it.

Yup. And doing it fucking consistently regardless of who we're playing and if they can be arsed on a particular day.

Offline jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"
« Reply #143 on: March 2, 2017, 07:40:26 pm »
Just seen the training pictures and Lovren is back training.
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"

Offline amirani

• Legacy Fan
  • Carolina Red!
« Reply #144 on: March 2, 2017, 07:56:26 pm »
Just seen the training pictures and Lovren is back training.

Good to see him back. Haven't seen Sturridge though. almost 3 weeks out with the flu?

Online newterp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #145 on: March 2, 2017, 07:58:22 pm »
Good to see him back. Haven't seen Sturridge though. almost 3 weeks out with the flu?

hahaha - what did you expect with Sturridge? When he's out, he does it right - injury or illness.

Offline the_red_pill

• Hasn't got a fucking clue when the Reds are playing next.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Frankly my dear...
« Reply #146 on: March 2, 2017, 07:59:30 pm »
I don't have any concerns about this match. We'll most likely do these. It's the games against the rest that's the problem.
2-1.
"Some listen to understand. Others listen to respond."
"A fool does not delight in understanding, but only in revealing his own mind."
In such a sumptuous festival of shite, I wouldn't be so quick to pick a winner..

But he'd make the shortlist

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #147 on: March 2, 2017, 08:01:11 pm »
lovren is a major doubt for the match despite being back in training according to the Echo.

Surely Klopp wont play Lucas again?

Offline the_red_pill

• Legacy Fan
  • Frankly my dear...
« Reply #148 on: March 2, 2017, 08:01:17 pm »
10 minutes ago

Lallana
Hmmmm ...Yeah...

Just shut up already. Do the business on the pitch.
I see Hendo and Mignolet has taken a back seat this time around.
In such a sumptuous festival of shite, I wouldn't be so quick to pick a winner..

Offline amirani

• Legacy Fan
  • Carolina Red!
« Reply #149 on: March 2, 2017, 08:02:33 pm »
hahaha - what did you expect with Sturridge? When he's out, he does it right - injury or illness.

yeah, not surprising. Honestly, I feel there's something more to it at this point. He posted something on social media the same week as the training camp that it's not a major thing and he would be back soon.

Offline Lycan

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #150 on: March 2, 2017, 08:10:15 pm »
lovren is a major doubt for the match despite being back in training according to the Echo.

Surely Klopp wont play Lucas again?

Oh, I hope not.

What is it with Lovren this season anyway? Seems to be made of glass.

Offline Lycan

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #151 on: March 2, 2017, 08:13:25 pm »
Hmmmm ...Yeah...

Hmmmm...

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/simon-mignolet-insists-liverpool-must-9951475

Offline smicer07

• Negative, miserable sod!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #152 on: March 2, 2017, 08:16:41 pm »
Hmmmm ...Yeah...

You do realise that the players HAVE to do these interviews and answer these questions don't you? They're not calling the newspapers saying they fancy a chat.

Offline hixxstar

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dont Worry I'm From The Internet
« Reply #153 on: March 2, 2017, 08:24:41 pm »
Im travelling over for this game, broken ankle and all, we must win

Bring a bit of 'Luck' with you... Lucky heather... 4 leaf clover..  ;D
Hope your ankle get's better soon mate.....  :wave
Shanks on Leaving Liverpool FC

"It was the most difficult thing in the world, when I went to tell the chairman........ It was like walking to the electric chair.... That's the way it felt."

Offline God's Left Peg

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #154 on: March 2, 2017, 08:46:32 pm »

Just a thought.

Yes. Why not? Something needs changing. I thought Moreno was ok when he came on the other night.
"The socialism I believe in is everybody working for the same goal and everybody having a share in the rewards. That's how I see football, that's how I see life."

Offline Nitramdorf

• No longer as forward as he used to be, so has dropped back into midfield. Didn't you hear?
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #155 on: March 2, 2017, 08:58:21 pm »
Didn't Klavan play in the season opener? Or did I dream that. Would be happy to see him get another chance.

Offline amirani

• Legacy Fan
  • Carolina Red!
« Reply #156 on: March 2, 2017, 09:03:19 pm »
Didn't Klavan play in the season opener? Or did I dream that. Would be happy to see him get another chance.

Yep he did and he conceded 3 haha.. But he's done better in other games for sure (City, Everton). If Lovren isn't up to speed, I hope we see Matip-Klavan as the CB pairing.

Offline the_red_pill

• Legacy Fan
  • Frankly my dear...
« Reply #157 on: March 2, 2017, 09:04:41 pm »
You do realise that the players HAVE to do these interviews and answer these questions don't you? They're not calling the newspapers saying they fancy a chat.
You do realize I can express my frustration over the questions they choose to answer right? They have a choice as to what questions to answer or not- it's not like they are held at gunpoint.
« Last Edit: March 2, 2017, 09:08:15 pm by the_red_pill »

Offline rakey_lfc

• pwned by Ronaldo...and eBay
  • Legacy Fan
  • I'm a people's man - only the people matter.”
« Reply #158 on: March 2, 2017, 09:27:50 pm »
I'm genuinely fed up of these rally cries from players, start performing on the pitch. It speaks volumes and then they wouldn't even be needed.
SUPPORT AND BELIEVE

You'll Never Walk Alone

Xbox 360 gamertag - TonyB1604

Offline Gerry83

• Meff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Used to be Jeff, too much crystal
« Reply #159 on: March 2, 2017, 09:59:55 pm »
Slowing losing faith and interest in this season - I know its not over but that Leicester performance was just such a walkover for them i struggle to see where an immediate improvement is going to come from.

Hope im wrong!