Author Topic: Leicester City Vs Liverpool, Pre Match Thread, 27/2/17 20:00  (Read 52458 times)

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
Leicester City Vs Liverpool, Pre Match Thread, 27/2/17 20:00
« on: February 20, 2017, 09:19:06 am »

Leicester City Vs Liverpool
Monday 27th February
20:00
King Power Stadium

Form Guide (Last 6)
Leicester City – Played 6, Drawn 1, Lost 5, Scored 0, Conceded  12
Liverpool – Played 6, Won 1, Drawn 3, Lost 2, Scored 8, Conceded  9
Top scorers:
Leicester City – Jamie Vardy/Islam Slimani - 5
Liverpool – Sadio Mane 11

So here we go, a trip to the Champions. The fairytale has finished, the tide has turned, the locals are restless. From the most incredible feat in Premier League history, Leicester City have returned to form (and then some). From winning the Premier League by 10 points, they find themselves 1 point above the relegation zone. Claudio Ranieri is under immense pressure, the dreaded vote of confidence has been delivered and with every loss and every scoreless game comes more of an uprising against a manager who delivered surely their only ever League Title. Which, I’ll be honest, I find depressing as fuck. I know a lot of Leicester fans who last season said they wouldn’t mind getting relegated if they won the league. And now, they mind getting relegated. For shame. The star men from last season, who remain, are in dreadful form. Vardy has scored in three league games all season, Mahrez looks like he’d rather be anywhere else, Morgan looks like the Championship CB he really is, Drinkwater looks like the Championship CB he really is, Albrighton looks like the player Villa binned. There’s a monstrously sized gap where Kante used to be, which has been recently filled by N’didi who looks a decent player. Apart from him, Demarai Gray has been their dangerman for the last month or so and Okazaki will always give you excellent workrate. The young lad Chilwell has looked excellent when he’s played over Fuchs. But lets not beat around the bush, they look awful and we should be smashing them to bits. Before our game, they go to Sevilla for the away leg of their CL knockout round. I’ve got my ticket for the home leg so hopefully they remain somewhat in the tie, and can keep their attentions turned that way.

As for ourselves, we’ll be back from pre-season. 16 days without a game, and don’t we know it. Every possibly argument spun against our owners whilst we watch the FA Cup, thank fuck the proper footballs back! Sadio Mane has returned and looks ripe to finish the season in a flourish, Firmino has his sparring partners back, Matip has returned and Dejan Lovren should be fit. Last time out, we were unlucky to beat Spurs 2-0. We had an atrocious January, someone is going to pay for it with an almighty beating and I dare say there’s a fair chance it’ll happen on Monday night.

I absolutely hate this game, they’ve always been one of our bogey teams. Last season we lost 2-0 with Vardy scoring a worldie, despite outplaying them for 90 minutes. That’s what they were last season, no different to this. Sit back, soak it up if possible and then use these players in incredible form to win the game on the counter. That falls to pieces if those players are in as bad form as they are now. I remember the first time I went to a Liverpool game, it was in the late 90s and it was Patrick Bergers debut. That was back in the day when the internet barely existed, and no-one really had a clue who this tall, handsome, long haired lothario was. And he slaughtered them. I was there for Robbie Fowlers last goals for the club, a hat-trick. And I know we won a few seasons ago with a Stevie double, and I’m sure there’s more but I genuinely can’t remember us winning there that often. Pretty confident that changes on Monday night.
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline OsirisMVZ

• Legacy Fan
  • Grew up with Houllier and Rafa teams
Re: Leicester City Vs Liverpool, Pre Match Thread, 27/2/17 20:00
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2017, 09:51:26 am »
They're shit, and haven't scored in their last 6 league matches.

3-3 barnstormer it is, then!

Online Hazell

• Ultimate Movie Night Draft Winner 2017. King - or Queen - of Mystery. Hyzenthlay. The 5th Benitle's sex conch.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2017, 10:01:04 am »
Nice OP.

Football fans are spoilt eh? Like you say, a lot of their fans were saying last season they wouldn't care if they got relegated this season if they won the league but that's gone out the window when the shit's hit the fan. They're Leicester City, who have been bouncing around the leagues for decades. Martin O'Neill's classed as a legend at Leicester and Ranieri's surpassed him in one season yet they're talking about him being sacked. Part of me wants them to go down because of that.

Still want them to stay up, mind.
We have to change from doubter to believer. Now.

Offline Henry Gale

• Margot Robbie Stalker
  • Legacy Fan
  • My name is Henry Gale. I'm from Minnesota.
« Reply #3 on: February 20, 2017, 10:07:35 am »
Nice OP.

Football fans are spoilt eh? Like you say, a lot of their fans were saying last season they wouldn't care if they got relegated this season if they won the league but that's gone out the window when the shit's hit the fan. They're Leicester City, who have been bouncing around the leagues for decades. Martin O'Neill's classed as a legend at Leicester and Ranieri's surpassed him in one season yet they're talking about him being sacked. Part of me wants them to go down because of that.

I actually hope they go down. Didn't like them when they were shit, Or when they went good and still don't like them now they are shit again.

3-0 to put another nail in their coffin.  ;D

Online ScubaSteve

• Sworn enemy of SnorkelStephanie
  • Legacy Fan
  • Every other Saturday's me half day off......
« Reply #4 on: February 20, 2017, 10:11:55 am »
This is a classic Liverpool scenario! Think we should destroy them but they're on a bad run and we're going in to it after a good result...  :o

Offline pyroparty

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #5 on: February 20, 2017, 10:14:10 am »
They'll probably end their goal drought but this should be a Palace away rather than Bournemouth away hopefully!!

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
« Reply #6 on: February 20, 2017, 10:14:27 am »
Nice OP.

The ones I go with are all very much of that 'still don't care if we go down, we won the league for fuck sake' mindset. But yeah I've got a few mates on Facebook who are slagging the guy off, its absolutely insane. He should have had a fucking statue built already.
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Online Hazell

• Ultimate Movie Night Draft Winner 2017. King - or Queen - of Mystery. Hyzenthlay. The 5th Benitle's sex conch.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7 on: February 20, 2017, 10:15:53 am »
The ones I go with are all very much of that 'still don't care if we go down, we won the league for fuck sake' mindset. But yeah I've got a few mates on Facebook who are slagging the guy off, its absolutely insane. He should have had a fucking statue built already.

I think so too. The one in town needs an update.
We have to change from doubter to believer. Now.

Offline Klippity Klopp

• LFC. For life! Yes! Not just for Kloppmas.....nooo.....
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8 on: February 20, 2017, 10:21:37 am »
At the beginning of last season nearly everyone predicted Leicester to be in the bottom 3-5 clubs at the end of the season. 

They over achieved massively and won the league.

Now they have extra games with the Champions League, they have lost a key player in Kante and they have gone back to their normal level.

I think the talk of sacking the manager who overachieved last season is crazy.

However the players have seem to have lost that cohesion and work rate through out the team that they had last season. 

They have risen their game at times, such as against Man City not so long ago.  But I'd argue City were poor as much as Leicester playing well that day.  I think Mahrez regrets staying looking at his body language on the pitch at the moment.  Their defence has been poor.  Vardy probably regrets moving to Arsenal by the day.  They're capable of turning it on and being a handful.  However given we have no injuries and will be totally fresh, I think they might have met us at the worst possible time.  That's what I hope anyway.

Will be interested to see how Gray does as we are linked with him a fair bit.

Online Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #9 on: February 20, 2017, 10:32:48 am »
Score early and kill their spirit. The last thing we need is giving Vardy a sniff and have his confidence return. I think we should he fairly full strength for this? Ideally a similar side to the one that took Spurs to the cleaners, a possible change at centre back is the only change I'd make.

Offline Buck Pete

• GV66 LJF for short. King Kong Balls. Bathes in peat. Partial to a walnut whip. Gets wet for 24/7 but disappointed Chopper. On the mortgage blacklist. Too tight to really be called a
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #10 on: February 20, 2017, 10:48:06 am »
I'm praying they don't get destroyed midweek against Sevilla.  If Sevilla put the tie out of site in the first leg I can see Ranieri going.

Don't want Leicester playing us with any sort of new manager in place.

And personally speaking I'd hate to see Ranieri sacked from the human side of things.  A thoroughly decent bloke.

Offline sms1986

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #11 on: February 20, 2017, 11:21:02 am »
Looking forward to this, I think we'll show signs of the form we had earlier in the season and the break the team have had will do wonders for them. I don't think they'll sack Ranieri before our match, but even if they do, they just look nothing like the team who won the league last season.

Offline Mr Mingebag Squid

• Wire glory hunter
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12 on: February 20, 2017, 12:19:32 pm »
Still a week away :(
My Sporting Dream Team:-
LFC - Worcester Warriors - Warrington Wolves - New England Patriots - Jenson Button
My Twatter : @MrHappySquid

Offline RedPat

• Legacy Fan
  • Kenny Godglish
« Reply #13 on: February 20, 2017, 12:27:06 pm »
I actually hope they go down. Didn't like them when they were shit, Or when they went good and still don't like them now they are shit again.

3-0 to put another nail in their coffin.  ;D
The only reason I don't want them relegated is because the credits required for the away Leicester fixture is the lowest.
Kenny Godglish

Online mkingdon

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #14 on: February 20, 2017, 12:33:13 pm »
We should see our proper full strength first eleven here for the first time in months

Migs

Clyne   Matip     Lovren     Milner

Henderson

Lallana                    Wijnaldum

Mane          Firmino            Coutinho

With a second pre-season under our belts and Klopp having had time to drill the squad I would expect us to steam roller these.

Offline Mercer

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #15 on: February 20, 2017, 01:04:51 pm »
I really fancy us strongly against Leicester.

After the vastly improved performance against Spurs - I think we're going to kick on from that and go on another run.

3-0.

Offline sminp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #16 on: February 20, 2017, 01:05:49 pm »
Can't believe I've gotta wait another whole week for this :(
My Betfair referal code for anyone who wants it: R6K4MTAQM (You get a £25 free bet)

"Liverpool are magic, Everton are tragic."
"It was like playing in a foreign country." Ian Rush on his time with Juventus in Italy
"Don't worry Alan. At least you'll be able to play close to a great team!" Bill Shankly to A

Offline Qston

• Loves a bit of monkey tennis and especially loves a bit of sausage relief......singularly though #sausage
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Believer
« Reply #17 on: February 20, 2017, 01:11:22 pm »
We should smash them. Play like we did against spurs, particularly first half, and if they play like they have recently then this could get very unpleasant for them. As for them calling for Ranieri's head I shake my head in wonderment. The fella created history and now they are wanting him out. Unbelievable but a sign of 'modern' times. I would like to think our fanbase would not do the same thing but I fear there are plenty who would.

3 nil to us
"Just a normal lad from Liverpool whose dream has just come true" Trent June 1st 2019

Offline 88_RED

• Not a real bookie though.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #18 on: February 20, 2017, 01:19:40 pm »
Can't believe I've gotta wait another whole week for this :(

1 down.. 13 more to go..

F*CK 0FF Mourinho..

Offline Titi Camara

• Hey, wanna hear the new dubstep song I wrote? Wub, Wub, Wub! Wubba Lubba Dub Dub! I'm Pickle Rick with hirsute areolae!
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Number 21 of the Crazy 88
« Reply #19 on: February 20, 2017, 01:30:46 pm »

Offline joezydudek

• Legacy Fan
  • We all live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #20 on: February 20, 2017, 01:38:58 pm »
If any of Palace, Sunderland or Hull win over the weekend they'll be in the relegation zone going into the game, which I think could make things that much easier for us as they'll feel under pressure to open up and go for the win, thus playing into our hands. Either way, despite our troubles against some of the weaker sides, I'm expecting a win here.

Offline markedasred

• Knowing me, Knowing you... ahaaa!!! Resident Large Canine.
  • Legacy Fan
  • No Murdoch in our house
« Reply #21 on: February 20, 2017, 01:52:35 pm »
As the northern soul anthem goes, "seven days is too long"!
"For those of you watching in black and white, Liverpool are the team with the ball"

Online peachybum

• orangeyface
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #22 on: February 20, 2017, 03:13:26 pm »
We should smash them. Play like we did against spurs, particularly first half,

Isn't our problem that we DON'T do this? We don't play relegation fodder the way we play against the big 6. It's been like that for a while and nobody at the club can find the answer. It's why we're not going to win the title despite giving the best teams in the league a good hiding.
I wanna be like Jurgen Klopp

Offline 007.lankyguy

• Subject of a restraining order by a regular member of the HIGNFY crew. Hasn't got a clue when Liverpool play next. Fully stopped.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #23 on: February 20, 2017, 03:26:23 pm »
Isn't our problem that we DON'T do this? We don't play relegation fodder the way we play against the big 6. It's been like that for a while and nobody at the club can find the answer. It's why we're not going to win the title despite giving the best teams in the league a good hiding.
Leicester play differently to the way a lot of the relegation fodder do though. Yes they try and play counter attack but they don't really sit off and kill space in the way we've seen a lot of teams do. There's space behind the defence if you move the ball even relatively quickly, there's space between the lines and there's space wide. The chances are, this won't be like the games in January. Ranieri just doesn't sit off to the same extent and it would be out of character for this Leicester team to do so.
"Mind you, I've been here during the bad times too - one year we came second." Sir Bob

Offline deFacto please, you bastards

• Apologies if I haven't responded to every post in every thread yet, I'm trying hard. farKnow.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #24 on: February 20, 2017, 04:02:07 pm »
With the mini pre-season we had and the performance we had against Spurs, I believe all of our players including the manager are extremely eager to play this match and put another convincing performance. I think the confidence with this break wil be high, I think we will be crisp and sharp, i think our intensity will be great in the first 20 minutes and I think we will dominate this match and put them to the sword [or we can do a Liverpool]

I'm confident. 4-1

Offline sinnermichael

• I copy other people's photoshops and twitter posts and texts and pretend they're mine.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #25 on: February 20, 2017, 04:10:17 pm »
Oh great. Lee Mason is the ref.

Offline Garnier

• Legacy Fan
  • thought Brendan could tame Balotelli
« Reply #26 on: February 20, 2017, 05:31:23 pm »
I don't really need to say how much i want us to win this and how crucial it is that we win. Two teams out of form too, which surely means that the game will be a fucking battle, that's if we don't perform to the standard we set earlier in the season, because if we do show up then we should win in solid manner.
The change is cast

Offline sms1986

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #27 on: February 20, 2017, 05:49:49 pm »
I don't really need to say how much i want us to win this and how crucial it is that we win. Two teams out of form too, which surely means that the game will be a fucking battle, that's if we don't perform to the standard we set earlier in the season, because if we do show up then we should win in solid manner.

We're not out of form, we did well against Spurs.

Offline Zlen

• Suspicious of systems. But getting lots.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #28 on: February 20, 2017, 06:22:58 pm »
Fine OP El Lobo.

I think we'll have too much in our tank for these purple-patch ponies.
Let's show our canines and send these tumbling down to where they belong.

Offline Cusamano

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Natural Police
« Reply #29 on: February 20, 2017, 06:37:05 pm »
should smash these in theory
Wake up, will ya pal? If you're not inside, you're outside, OK? And I'm not talking a $400,000 a year working Wall Street stiff flying first class and being comfortable, I'm talking about liquid. Rich enough to have your own jet. Rich enough not to waste time. Fifty, a hundred million dollars buddy. A player. - Gordon Gekko

Online rocco

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • ⭐️⭐️⭐️6 Times Baby ⭐️⭐️⭐️
« Reply #30 on: February 20, 2017, 07:45:46 pm »
Seems perfect game for us all considered ;)

Just win .

Offline So… Howard Philips

• Penile Toupé Extender. Notoriously work-shy, copper-bottomed pervert.
  • Legacy Fan
  • All I want for Christmas is a half and half scarf
« Reply #31 on: February 20, 2017, 07:53:22 pm »
As the northern soul anthem goes, "seven days is too long"!

Ah Chuck Wood - the single was worth a fortune when I was 15, now its on every Northern complilation.

Anyway in Leicester's case I hope it going to be "It's so hard being a loser", the Contours.

Online Caston

• Castoff, Knitone, Purlone
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #32 on: February 20, 2017, 08:01:53 pm »
Dejan Lovren gone to Germany for further consultations on knee injury. Remains a doubt for Leicester

He's so injury prone

Offline sms1986

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #33 on: February 20, 2017, 08:07:21 pm »
Dejan Lovren gone to Germany for further consultations on knee injury. Remains a doubt for Leicester

He's so injury prone

I think we'll be OK without him if he ends up missing the match. Hopefully he recovers soon.

Offline Garnier

• Legacy Fan
  • thought Brendan could tame Balotelli
« Reply #34 on: February 20, 2017, 08:28:03 pm »
We're not out of form, we did well against Spurs.

I see your point, but i guess we have different manners of understanding form. I like to take more than one game into account when analysing a team's form. One league win in 2017 suggests we're out of form, especially given the standards we set earlier in the season. A win against a tough opponent like Spurs is a step in the right direction, of course, but it is still only one game.
The change is cast

Offline liversaint

• Beach boy giver of yuletide joy to ha-run-run-reindeer
  • Legacy Fan
  • Settle down Beavis
« Reply #35 on: February 20, 2017, 09:19:47 pm »

He's so injury prone

Be just fine with Lucas and Joel Matip
You say Honey? I say Fuck off.

You dont win friends with Salad

There is another option. Mr Ferguson organises the fixtures in his office and sends it to us and everyone will know and cannot complain. That is simple.

Offline deFacto please, you bastards

• Apologies if I haven't responded to every post in every thread yet, I'm trying hard. farKnow.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #36 on: February 20, 2017, 09:22:13 pm »
Be just fine with Lucas and Joel Matip

He may play Ragnar ahead of Lucas.

Dejan is incredibly injury prone it has to be said.

Offline Pistolero

• BELIEVE. My bad. This. Lol. Bless. Meh. Wow just wow. Hate on. The Ev. Phil.
  • Legacy Fan
  • A serpent's tooth...
« Reply #37 on: February 20, 2017, 09:30:11 pm »
still gutted Millwall got that winner....Saturday at 12.30 is infinitely preferable to a murky Monday night in the Midlands...
They have life in them, they have humour, they're arrogant, they're cocky and they're proud. And that's what I want my team to be.

Offline kavah

• the Blacksmith. Definitely NOT from Blackpool!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #38 on: February 20, 2017, 11:27:16 pm »
I'm praying they don't get destroyed midweek against Sevilla.  If Sevilla put the tie out of site in the first leg I can see Ranieri going.

Don't want Leicester playing us with any sort of new manager in place.

And personally speaking I'd hate to see Ranieri sacked from the human side of things.  A thoroughly decent bloke.

Yes, I was just looking at Sevilla's form and it's very good. Let's hope the form book is upset and Leicester get a decent result in Spain.

Thanks for the OP Mr. Eels

Offline scalatore

• Kopite
« Reply #39 on: February 21, 2017, 01:37:47 am »
Cheers for this. Feels like an eternity away still though.

My otherwise vegan wife has eaten chicken wings the past three sporting events I've watched with her. Us against Tottenham; Patriots in the Super Bowl; Harvard in the Bean Pot. That's three for three wins on chicken wings, so I'm trying to work out how to get her to eat some on Monday. You might think that what my wife eats has no effect on the match, but consider this: it does.