Author Topic: Are you enjoying it?  (Read 167553 times)

Offline Cormack Snr

• Legacy Fan
Re: Are you enjoying it?
« Reply #400 on: March 2, 2017, 06:40:16 pm »
Like fuck they have. They look like they can't be arsed against the 'lower' teams in official games so I doubt there is much intensity playing on the training ground against each other :D

Funky Gibbon would put his tongue in the fire if Lallana asked him. Nothing wrong in idolizing a player, I loved Ray Kennedy. Now I am talking about a player..

Offline the_red_pill

• Hasn't got a fucking clue when the Reds are playing next.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Frankly my dear...
« Reply #401 on: March 2, 2017, 08:02:57 pm »
Not at this moment. I did enjoy it earlier in the season, but it's back to square one.
"Some listen to understand. Others listen to respond."
"A fool does not delight in understanding, but only in revealing his own mind."
In such a sumptuous festival of shite, I wouldn't be so quick to pick a winner..

But he'd make the shortlist

Offline AndyMuller

• Has always wondered how to do it. Rice, Rice, Baby. Wants to have George Michael. Would batter A@A at karate.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #402 on: March 2, 2017, 08:38:55 pm »
No, I'm already looking forward to next season now, I think I'm overall exhausted with football as a whole though.

You won't see me throwing a party if we finish 4th anyway.

Offline Sat1

• Banned
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #403 on: April 6, 2017, 08:15:34 am »
No. Failure of a season

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #404 on: April 6, 2017, 08:18:46 am »
No. Failure of a season

Not just yet. Finish outside the top four it will be.

Offline Sat1

• Banned
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #405 on: April 6, 2017, 08:20:33 am »
Not just yet. Finish outside the top four it will be.

We should of challenged this yr. no Europe, no FA cup. Next yr, CL or Europa is going to make things hard.

It's a major failure when we look at the teams we've dropped points to

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #406 on: April 6, 2017, 08:24:11 am »
We should of challenged this yr. no Europe, no FA cup. Next yr, CL or Europa is going to make things hard.

We should have challenged but in reality we didnt have a squad strong enough for challenging. We left too many gaps in our squad unfilled and i think the mentality was to get through, squeak CL football out and then buy the players.

We actively made the decision to gamble at centre back, left back, central midfield and if you are being picky the right back and on the wings.

Offline carven

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
« Reply #407 on: April 6, 2017, 08:59:16 am »
09/10 - 7th
10/11 - 6th
11/12 - 8th
12/13 - 7th
13/14 - 2nd
14/15 - 6th
15/16 - 8th

Just look at where we have finished in the league since Rafa's last season with us. With the exception of 13/14 (which was the best ever league "experience" I ever had with us, even better than 01/02 and 08/09 seasons), I think it is fair to say we've been pretty disappointing in the league for 7 years. Yes, theres a chance where we won't make Champions League football for next season, but we're currently in 3rd place. A 12 points swing from last season! (after 31 games). In fact, we have just matched our points total of 60 with 7 games to go.

Whats more...  just remember who our manager is.. it's Jurgen Klopp! I cannot even think of another manager in the whole of British football I'd rather have than Klopp. He had us playing some of the best attacking football I've ever seen us play. Yes, we are having some problems breaking some teams down at the moment but only very little teams in history doesn't!

With regards to transfer, Klopp managed to sign these players this season:

Matip - First team
Wijnaldum - First team
Mane - First team
Karius - First team/For the future
Grujic - For the future
Klavan - For depth
Manninger - For depth

3 out of 4 players that we expected to be 1st team players improved our first XI  by a large margin and no one can convince me otherwise.

As for the Jan transfer window, Klopp himself says that it is usually difficult and that "if the right decision is not possible in signing the right player, then you cannot make the wrong transfer."

This is the manager who also said: "I can promise that before we sign a player who isn’t a lot better than what we already have we will always use our own boys. That’s how the future should be, even in the crazy football transfer world. We want to be this special club."

So you just know, if Klopp breaks the bank to get anyone, it is someone that he thinks will improve us no end.

So to answer the question, yes. I'm enjoying it. I'm enjoying it very much!! :D

Offline Pistolero

• BELIEVE. My bad. This. Lol. Bless. Meh. Wow just wow. Hate on. The Ev. Phil.
  • Legacy Fan
  • A serpent's tooth...
« Reply #408 on: April 6, 2017, 09:08:01 am »
I'm enjoying next season more..
They have life in them, they have humour, they're arrogant, they're cocky and they're proud. And that's what I want my team to be.

Offline killer-heels

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #409 on: April 6, 2017, 09:09:46 am »

Is it first or nothing then, yeah?

Offline sirKennyDaggers

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #410 on: April 6, 2017, 09:16:25 am »
Yes I am enjoying it,just these bloody injuries are killing us.

Online ScubaSteve

• Sworn enemy of SnorkelStephanie
  • Legacy Fan
  • Every other Saturday's me half day off......
« Reply #411 on: April 6, 2017, 09:17:41 am »
Will be relieved when this season comes to an end whatever happens!! I get too emotionally attached to enjoy it

Online Fruity

• Batty. Box clever. Can weather all lifts. May in fact be Robbie Rotten.
  • Legacy Fan
  • a fruit is not just for christmas...
« Reply #412 on: April 6, 2017, 09:46:29 am »
Not really sure I could say I am enjoying it. In the last few years I've become overly tense watching us play. So much so I actually worry about my health. I suffer from Palpitations (which is not just down to Liverpool). We always seem to do things the hard way and that sometimes creates a very enjoyable roller coaster ride when the result is good. However it can also leave you feeling completely shit as well, especially when you watch a match like last night. Overall the over riding feeling is one of tension when I watch us play. I can't even feel comfortable when we are two or three goals up (I blame crystal palace in 2014 for that and our leaky defence).

The reality for me though is waiting to watch us play is probably the only thing I look forward to every week. I'm not sure if that shows my life up for being dull or not and it certainly has put too much emphasis on the result. I get all superstitious and shit when watching us. I won't change seat if we are winning during a game and shit like that. It's all a bit mental really.
« Last Edit: April 6, 2017, 10:53:25 am by Fruity »
alf a pound of braeburns!

Offline sms1986

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #413 on: April 6, 2017, 12:34:15 pm »
Not particularly, but I am enjoying our being in the top four with a good chance of finishing there.

Offline gjr1

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #414 on: April 6, 2017, 03:03:46 pm »
I don't like conceding stupid goals game after game.

It's a fucking nightmare
Obi-Wan:
Mos Eisley spaceport. You will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy. We must be cautious.

Online jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"
« Reply #415 on: April 6, 2017, 07:34:48 pm »
On a personal level yes I enjoy it, even though at times football can drive you mental and back again. At the end of the day football has never been just about good times. because winning and losing are just the different sides of the same coin. It's everything that goes with it that I am growing to hate and despise. Especially after a night like last night, the problem is the lack of perspective when shit goes against you. Anyway the season continues and I remain hopeful, otherwise what is the point of it?
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"

Offline Medellin

• Self-confessed daft meff.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Sound
« Reply #416 on: April 6, 2017, 07:46:13 pm »
Quite possibly the most frustrating season i have ever seen,you beat the best out there..comfortably too then get turned over by the worst,never been on a rollercoaster like it.
Its like going out out & after 4 pints you take the knock when its a boss night..the next week you are the last to leave the party.
Frustratingly fantastically shitty brilliant!
How can you not enjoy it?!!
Support the team,Trust & Believe.

Offline wemmick

• Legacy Fan
  • "Do it half-assed. That's the American Way!"
« Reply #417 on: April 6, 2017, 08:59:28 pm »
Yes, I'm enjoying it. We're into April and still have something to play for in the league. A rarity over the last 7 seasons.

Offline hide5seek

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all live in THE 5 EUROPEAN CUPS
« Reply #418 on: April 7, 2017, 01:15:32 am »
No, we're average.

Offline ggcc14

• C onfuses objective and objectionable. C-ock
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #419 on: April 7, 2017, 01:20:46 am »
No, we're average.
Wouldn't we be like 10th if that were the case?
I´ll say something that might surprise you. Real life is different to computer games.
I think Nadal is brilliant. One of the top 10 ever.

Offline ggcc14

• C onfuses objective and objectionable. C-ock
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #420 on: April 7, 2017, 01:28:45 am »
No, I'm already looking forward to next season now, I think I'm overall exhausted with football as a whole though.

You won't see me throwing a party if we finish 4th anyway.
Bet you'll have a party when we win the Champions League next season though  :thumbup
I´ll say something that might surprise you. Real life is different to computer games.
I think Nadal is brilliant. One of the top 10 ever.

Offline fewmin' bedwetter

• Would appear to have great expectations......
  • Kopite
« Reply #421 on: April 7, 2017, 02:06:26 am »
No, we're average.

Wouldn't say we're average when Mane, Firmino, Coutinho, Henderson and Lallana are all playing and firing - I would say we're considerably above average. When they're not, we come down a bit nearer to average, though. Am I enjoying it? Dunno, still fuming about the inconsistency, especially the 65th minute taking of our foot off the gas which we witnessed on Wednesday night. I really hope we never do that again.
« Last Edit: April 7, 2017, 02:13:12 am by so pumblechookian »
NEVER starts a sentence with, "So..."

Offline Severely

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We go again
« Reply #422 on: April 7, 2017, 02:26:55 am »
Say what you will but we're not boring to watch. Do I wish the stakes were higher? Do I wish all our first choice players were fit and firing? Of course. Am I enjoying it in spite of everything though? Frankly, I am. January was a slog though.
HERE LIES JOSE MOURINHO

THE BALL WAS OVER THE LINE

R.I.P.

Offline Lycan

• Loves egg. Quite partial to a nipple too. Once came into contact with Jeremy Beadle and his tiny right hand. I used to be a Werewolf, but I'm alright noooooooooowww!!!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #423 on: April 7, 2017, 09:53:55 am »
Start of the season I wanted us to challenge for top four and win a trophy. We're doing the first part, but the 2nd part was such a let down. Especially the way we performed against Southampton and Wolves. So no I'm not really enjoying it anymore. It's been so long since we've won anything and yet again we're going to end the season empty handed. That hurts. That doesn't mean I don't give a shit about the rest of the season though. I do. I really hope we can finish in the CL places. Otherwise, a season that at one point promised so much, is yet again going to be one massive let down for me.
“There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. A high-powered mutant of some kind, never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die.”

Offline free_at_last

• Legacy Fan
  • we all live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #424 on: April 17, 2017, 05:52:32 am »
2 scrappy away wins that we thought would give us huge problems. Even if it's not flowing football it's highly enjoyable to win.
Klopp said in one of his conferences that we may have to change style due to our offensive injuries.
I'll take 5 more battling wins. If we battle them our extra bit of class should get us through.

Online jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #425 on: April 17, 2017, 09:49:32 am »
I said in the earlier posts in a strange way I was still enjoying this season, even when it wasn't going well. This just strengthens that feeling and why I was still getting something out of it. Its watching the team develop from not being able to win in these type of games to now seeing a different team arrive. I love watching our players stepping up, gaining in confidence, and then being able to win the very games we couldn't earlier on. It's progress, proof we're moving in the right direction. We may not be playing the pretty football we did at the start, but we're adding strings to the bow, that can propel us forward. That has got to be enjoyable surely? 

Offline Lycan

• Loves egg. Quite partial to a nipple too. Once came into contact with Jeremy Beadle and his tiny right hand. I used to be a Werewolf, but I'm alright noooooooooowww!!!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #426 on: April 17, 2017, 09:55:06 am »
I've enjoyed the last two victories. The way we've dug deep and ground out wins when we have needed to. That shows to me a development in the side. Mentally we've become stronger. We just need to keep focus and keep it going now.

I've also been impressed with how quite a few of the lads have stepped up in the absence of a few key players as well.
“There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. A high-powered mutant of some kind, never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die.”

Online TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
« Reply #427 on: April 17, 2017, 10:16:31 am »
Enjoyed the goal because I knew it was massive.

Cheered just as much for Mignolet's save as it was just as big a moment.
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline sms1986

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #428 on: May 14, 2017, 04:42:03 pm »
Let me think about that question for a moment...

does "fucking yes I am!" satisfy as an answer? ;D

Online jillcwhomever

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #429 on: May 14, 2017, 04:44:35 pm »
Bloody enjoyed that second half, one more game to go. Come on Reds.  :wellin

Offline Fitzy.

• I before E, except in Dalglish. Thumbs down for thumbs up! Premature ejaculator in the post-match whopper circle jerk. Might be the Rupert Pupkin to Neil Atkinson's Jerry Langford. Wants to know who did this, but may never find out.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Indefatigability
« Reply #430 on: May 14, 2017, 08:30:18 pm »
When I started this thread back in November, I did so because I felt extremely on edge about Liverpool. Success has been a fragile mistress for us in recent years and the sniff of it makes it almost unbearable to cope with. I am certainly not alone.

Of course, in the hours after a big win we can enjoy the spoils; we can celebrate and have fun. That goes without saying.

But the premise of this thread is bang on (if I do say so myself). The broader fanbase is so fragile that imperfection is met with toxicity. Losing points is not tolerated to such poisonous levels. A bad result and it's world's end stuff coming out of every nook and cranny. The point is, football can't be truly enjoyed if the downs are so monumentally miserable.

We are, without question, way too emotional to cope with what we are trying to achieve. That's ok because it's been 27 years, but I really don't think it's genuinely possible to enjoy this stuff properly until we get Number 19. Until then, heads will keep rolling and spinning.

Offline RedForeverTT

• Legacy Fan
  • Did I hear you say you "No"?
« Reply #431 on: May 14, 2017, 08:41:58 pm »
The good thing is that we have managed to put it back into our hands to quality for CL. During early April and with Arsenal having 3 games in hand, we were really on the edge.

There is a bit of mixed feelings. I am really happy that it is now up to us to win back CL football and play Tuesday night football. How amazing is that?!

But a club like Liverpool really should be celebrating winning the league or Champions league and not top 4. So maybe one baby step at a time and hope we could show our stuff next season.

Offline d.arn

• Kopite
« Reply #432 on: May 14, 2017, 08:50:47 pm »
The good thing is that we have managed to put it back into our hands to quality for CL. During early April and with Arsenal having 3 games in hand, we were really on the edge.

There is a bit of mixed feelings. I am really happy that it is now up to us to win back CL football and play Tuesday night football. How amazing is that?!

But a club like Liverpool really should be celebrating winning the league or Champions league and not top 4. So maybe one baby step at a time and hope we could show our stuff next season.

Well, you have to be in it first.

Offline SamAteTheRedAcid

• Currently facing issues around potty training. All help appreciated.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #433 on: May 14, 2017, 08:53:32 pm »

Nah, its not a major failure at all if we make top 4. Slightly disappointing perhaps, but major failure is overstating it when you realistically factor in the stage in our development as a side under this manager.

I'm going to enjoy next season a lot I think.

We all like to laugh at United in the 6th thread over on GF&S but they're having a weirdly similar season to us last year - all the eggs in the Europa basket - League Cup final (though sadly they won theirs). Only we changed manager last season, and they spent £100m on Pogba.
get thee to the library before the c*nts close it down

we are a bunch of twats commenting on a website.

Offline Lycan

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #434 on: May 14, 2017, 08:54:15 pm »
Not really enjoyed the last few weeks to be honest. It's been far too tense for me. Typical Liverpool making hard work of it. Credit where it's due though, the lads haven't given up. With one game to go a top four finish is within our grasp. And if you'd offered me that at the start of the season I'd have snapped your hand off. I'll just be happy when the season is over and a CL place is secured now. Then we can relax, enjoy the summer and plan for next season.

Offline gregorio

• Loves Chelsea's staff.
  • Legacy Fan
  • At this particular moment in time
« Reply #435 on: May 14, 2017, 08:55:41 pm »
Got to be at least a little enjoyment in having something riding on the last match
'When they start singing 'You’ll Never Walk Alone' my eyes start to water. There have been times when I’ve actually been crying while I’ve been playing'

Offline Djozer

• Ujpest
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #436 on: May 14, 2017, 09:08:08 pm »
I enjoyed today. As for the last few weeks, it's been a bit up and down but hey, at least it's all in our hands. I'll be happy as fuck if we get 4th which is a bit pathetic I guess, but Champion's League is pretty massive. Even if we don't, we've played some awesome football at times this season and we'll play some awesome football next season too (in between the shitty draws and the shittier defeats) and that's what it's all about, surely?

Online John C

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #437 on: October 31, 2020, 08:09:39 pm »
I'm not having a go at you lot and I'm not trying to be a super fan, but so many of you don't seem to be enjoying it.  Every week the half time threads are miserable and if you don't mind me saying, I'll stretch it to embarrassing.

Very few people want to contextualise the last few seasons we've endured, the injuries we've suffered and the circumstances we're playing in. The demand for perfection and the posters willingness to critique is bewildering to me. The irrationality expectation of perfection is deleterious to the health of those who do.

A few months ago there was no footy, some of you even promoted a valedictory scenario to this great squad winning the league.

Now we start every game as Champions and we have collective faith that always we'll win, so why doesn't that translate half way through a game? I'm not exaggerating - check the threads, some Liverpool fans are hating it. Much of our play and much or football can be frustrating, but the absence of tolerance all performances isn't acceptable.

It wasn't great, but it wasn't shit, but being Champions and winning games and being top of the league is brilliant. Try to enjoy it, I've seen fucking worse.

Offline Knight

• No one understands football like me.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #438 on: October 31, 2020, 08:10:28 pm »
I enjoyed the goal that’s for sure. Beautiful stuff.

Offline Zlen

• Suspicious of systems. But getting lots.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #439 on: October 31, 2020, 08:14:40 pm »
Not enjoying it really. Gave up watching games, not finding it fun at all at the moment with VAR, no fans and in general feeling miserable. Still feels nice when I know we have won but I’m not getting any kicks from football at the moment.