Author Topic: Liverpool Summer tour & pre-season games  (Read 586971 times)

Offline Alonso_The_Assassin

• Legacy Fan
    • Just Words
Re: Liverpool Summer tour 2015 - Australia and Thailand????
« Reply #120 on: February 18, 2015, 04:30:23 am »
Leftys would be good too. We'll arrange the specifics closer to the time :).

Offline muttly

• Kemlynite
« Reply #121 on: February 18, 2015, 03:25:48 pm »
Looks like Malaysia is the other location.

Source: http://www.nst.com.my/node/72727
Some people believe football is a matter of life and death, I am very disappointed with that attitude. I can assure you it is much, much more important than that.

YNWA

Offline john_mac

• The Scouse Confucius
  • Legacy Fan
  • Only got 3 bullets and there's 4 of Motley Crew
« Reply #122 on: February 18, 2015, 08:41:06 pm »
Looks like Malaysia is the other location.

Source: http://www.nst.com.my/node/72727
KL after Oz most likely 24th/25h Jul
We'll See Things They'll Never See

Online jooneyisdagod

• Doesn't like having pussy round the house
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #123 on: February 19, 2015, 04:01:59 am »
Hitler missing out on tickets.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cApnzAK_0ss
Quote from: Dion Fanning

The chants for Kenny Dalglish that were heard again on Wednesday do not necessarily mean that the fans see him as the saviour. This is not Newcastle, longing for the return of Kevin Keegan. Simply, Dalglish represents everything Hodgson is not and, in fairness, everything Hodgson could or would not hope to be.

Offline kcbworth

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop

Offline mjk

• Anny Roader
« Reply #125 on: March 18, 2015, 10:30:01 am »
Malaysia friendly confirmed now for Friday July 24th. Wonder if it be a sell out with the stadium capacity being 100,000. Would be an amazing sight.

Offline john_mac

• The Scouse Confucius
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #126 on: March 18, 2015, 07:24:13 pm »
Malaysia friendly confirmed now for Friday July 24th. Wonder if it be a sell out with the stadium capacity being 100,000. Would be an amazing sight.

Was last time, will be this time

Offline Latenight Surfer

• Legacy Fan
  • Giggity
« Reply #127 on: March 18, 2015, 07:26:47 pm »
It'll be ye mayssive gayme of footbowaal jaast loik layeest yeeer
"Genuine Struggle Leads To Genuine Success" - Yevado Annadle

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Liverpool Summer tour 2015 - Australia and Maylasia CONFIRMED
« Reply #128 on: May 8, 2015, 11:38:47 pm »
http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/liverpool-fc-kick-off-pre-season-tour-9205119

Liverpool FC to kick-off pre-season tour in Bangkok

Liverpool FC are close to announcing a lucrative friendly in Thailand to kick-off this summer’s pre-season tour of the Far East and Australia.

Brendan Rodgers’ side are set to face a Thailand All Stars XI in Bangkok on Tuesday, July 14. Liverpool had initially planned to open their tour in Macau, the special administrative region of China, but that game was shelved after they failed to agree terms with the organisers. Vietnam was also on the agenda but Bangkok has got the nod.

Liverpool command huge support in the Thai capital and they played in front of 50,000 fans at the Rajamangala National Stadium two years ago.

After Bangkok, the Reds will fly to Australia, Rodgers’ men will face Brisbane Roar at Brisbane’s Suncorp Stadium on Friday, July 17 before taking on Adelaide United at the Adelaide Oval on Monday, July 20.

The Reds will then stop off in Malaysia on the long journey home as they line up against a Malaysia XI at the Bukit Jalil National Stadium in Kuala Lumpur on Friday, July 24.

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #129 on: June 15, 2015, 03:29:29 pm »
http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/liverpool-fc-confirm-pre-season-friendly-9456622

Liverpool FC confirm pre-season friendly with HJK Helsinki

Liverpool FC will complete their pre-season preparations for 2015-16 with a friendly against Finnish side HJK Helsinki on Saturday 1 August.

Exactly a week before the new Premier League campaign begins, the Reds will run out at the Olympic Stadium in Helsinki for a 5.30pm BST kick-off.

HJK, who have been crowned champions of Finland in each of the past six years, will ensure a competitive encounter for Brendan Rodgers’ side.

Billy Hogan, Liverpool’s chief commercial officer, said: “Pre-season is an important time for the team to prepare and this final game will complete an exciting tour following our games in Asia and Australia.

“Liverpool has a massive fan base in Scandinavia and of course in Finland because of Sami (Hyypia), and I am sure they will be looking forward to seeing the team play against Finland’s champions in their final tune-up for the Barclays Premier League season.”

The Reds and HJK last met in a friendly at the same venue 25 years ago, with Ray Houghton and David Burrows scoring in a 2-0 victory.

In 1982, they clashed over two legs in the European Cup and Liverpool claimed a 5-1 aggregate win at the second round stage.

Former Crystal Palace midfielder Aki Riihilahti, HJK’s CEO, said: “HJK want to play the best possible international games in our preparation for Champions League qualification, and this is also a great event for the fans as Liverpool has a special place in Finnish hearts because of Sami Hyypia.”

Tickets for the game will be available to purchase from 10am (BST) on Tuesday 16 June.

Online Draex

• Geek God of Typing Letters. Hugo unleashes Jaws? Purveyor of fuel products in Kent.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #130 on: June 28, 2015, 11:58:51 am »
We are making £10mil just from the 2 games in Australia.. Unreal really, basically covered our signing of Milner and Ings near enough!

Offline CraigDS

• Lite. Smelt it and dealt it. Worrawhopper.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #131 on: June 28, 2015, 12:11:41 pm »
We are making £10mil just from the 2 games in Australia.. Unreal really, basically covered our signing of Milner and Ings near enough!

Where is that figure from?

I know the last tour down that way brought in that much, but then one of the stadiums was a 100k seater.

Online Draex

• Geek God of Typing Letters. Hugo unleashes Jaws? Purveyor of fuel products in Kent.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #132 on: June 28, 2015, 12:20:48 pm »
Where is that figure from?

I know the last tour down that way brought in that much, but then one of the stadiums was a 100k seater.

The Echo.

Offline markedasred

• Knowing me, Knowing you... ahaaa!!! Resident Large Canine.
  • Legacy Fan
  • No Murdoch in our house
« Reply #133 on: June 28, 2015, 12:38:45 pm »
I wish I could work out if doing these is good in pure footballing terms, or if they would be better off seeking the £20m or whatever through competitive football in the leagues. If it is detrimental to the fitness of the players for their Premier league games I would rather we did not do this at all. And the title should be spelled "Malaysia".
"For those of you watching in black and white, Liverpool are the team with the ball"

Offline CraigDS

• Lite. Smelt it and dealt it. Worrawhopper.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #134 on: June 28, 2015, 12:46:53 pm »
I wish I could work out if doing these is good in pure footballing terms, or if they would be better off seeking the £20m or whatever through competitive football in the leagues. If it is detrimental to the fitness of the players for their Premier league games I would rather we did not do this at all. And the title should be spelled "Malaysia".

The thing is the tours bring in so much more than the headline figures. Although direct income may be £10m, you'll also benefit from creating new fans and bringing the club closer to existing fans, which increases merchandise income. You also attract new sponsors, and increase the value of existing sponsorship deals, both by providing the players for events whilst on tour, and emphasising the size support the club has in the region.

So whilst there is no doubt a benefit to not having to fly half way around the world and having the various non-footballing events during the time they are on tour, there are probably too many other pro's which far outweigh the negatives for the club as a whole. Also, given the club will be flying in total comfort, and staying in some of the best hotels, I doubt there is a huge negative effect on them these days.

Offline john_mac

• The Scouse Confucius
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #135 on: June 28, 2015, 02:15:52 pm »
The thing is the tours bring in so much more than the headline figures. Although direct income may be £10m, you'll also benefit from creating new fans and bringing the club closer to existing fans, which increases merchandise income. You also attract new sponsors, and increase the value of existing sponsorship deals, both by providing the players for events whilst on tour, and emphasising the size support the club has in the region.

So whilst there is no doubt a benefit to not having to fly half way around the world and having the various non-footballing events during the time they are on tour, there are probably too many other pro's which far outweigh the negatives for the club as a whole. Also, given the club will be flying in total comfort, and staying in some of the best hotels, I doubt there is a huge negative effect on them these days.

The thing here is that Liverpool already have massive support in Bangkok, KL and all over Oz, probably the biggest support on those regions. This will do little to increase support in those areas but will give people the chance to see them.

The idea was to play in Macau not Bangkok, but there are issues around that. Certainly the last time we played in China was the smallest turnout I have seen in the Far East, opposition was Sunday league mind.

The oz games will be high in ex-pats and their families, I was amazed by the turnout in KL last time literally not seen anything like it, but suspect that may be difficult to repeat. I think that this is the 4th time in a dozen or so years for Bangkok so that is not a new market.

In contrast the U.S. Games often seem to be people there for the first time,mtge growth between the giants stadium in 2004 and the Yankee stadium last year is huge. Even comparing Baltimore in 2014 to Charlotte in 2014 would show the notable growth in that market.

The appearance money for the Far East and Aus games though is of champions league standard, mad really.

Offline Peabee

• SKPB! Is goin' down der Asd.....der Waitrose.....anyone wannany hummus?
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #136 on: June 28, 2015, 02:29:57 pm »
The thing here is that Liverpool already have massive support in Bangkok, KL and all over Oz, probably the biggest support on those regions. This will do little to increase support in those areas but will give people the chance to see them.

The idea was to play in Macau not Bangkok, but there are issues around that. Certainly the last time we played in China was the smallest turnout I have seen in the Far East, opposition was Sunday league mind.

The oz games will be high in ex-pats and their families, I was amazed by the turnout in KL last time literally not seen anything like it, but suspect that may be difficult to repeat. I think that this is the 4th time in a dozen or so years for Bangkok so that is not a new market.

In contrast the U.S. Games often seem to be people there for the first time,mtge growth between the giants stadium in 2004 and the Yankee stadium last year is huge. Even comparing Baltimore in 2014 to Charlotte in 2014 would show the notable growth in that market.

The appearance money for the Far East and Aus games though is of champions league standard, mad really.

Under FSG, going from the last few and this preseason, we're touring Australasia every other year and North America the other year. 
We aren't walking through the storm now - we are the storm.

Offline OzBomber

• Favourite manager Tommy Tootchel favourite Player Naby 'lid' Kyta
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #137 on: June 28, 2015, 02:33:59 pm »
I'd like to think the 95,000 singing YNWA at the MCG last time they came to Australia was the catalyst for Suarez staying and the season that we had.  :D

Offline john_mac

• The Scouse Confucius
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #138 on: June 28, 2015, 02:36:12 pm »
Under FSG, going from the last few and this preseason, we're touring Australasia every other year and North America the other year. 
Well US for 2016 is already agreed, they are also looking at post season games, milking it to death.

• Legacy Fan
    • Just Words
« Reply #139 on: June 29, 2015, 03:27:38 am »
Anyone get tickets for the training session in Brisbane on the 16th?

Offline KopThat

• "See Tom turn red, See Tom run, Oh happy days."
  • Legacy Fan
  • He who laughs last, didn't quite get the joke...
    • GameFaceMe
« Reply #140 on: June 29, 2015, 03:31:29 am »
I will probably have 3 spares for the Brisbane game in the upper Kop end in section 709, face value

I will know if my other tickets have come through by the end of the week

Offline Djimi Smicer34

• Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #141 on: July 1, 2015, 10:41:40 am »
Ings and Milner confirmed as part of the squad for the tour:

http://www.lfctour.com/news/latest-news/ings-and-milner-to-travel-as-tour-countdown-begins

Offline Severely

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We go again
« Reply #142 on: July 2, 2015, 07:39:52 am »
Wish they would bring the Reds down to Sydney sometime. Missed out on tickets to Brisbane and I'd appreciate it if anyone has spares or suddenly can't make it - be happy to take it off their hands!
HERE LIES JOSE MOURINHO

THE BALL WAS OVER THE LINE

R.I.P.

Offline del23

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kemlynite
  • Quit the analysis Ronnie!!
Every other Sat'day's me half day off......

Offline AusRed

• Main Stander
  • Living is easy with eyes closed
« Reply #144 on: July 2, 2015, 08:11:22 am »
Wish they would bring the Reds down to Sydney sometime. Missed out on tickets to Brisbane and I'd appreciate it if anyone has spares or suddenly can't make it - be happy to take it off their hands!

Jump on the Ticketek website. They must have released more tickets the other day, I just checked to see for a mate and it looks like they're still selling. I thought it was sold out.
"No one individual is bigger than this club. There never has been and never will be" - Kenneth M Dalglish

Offline Ken-Obi

• Hasn't got Wan, doesn't deserve Wan
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: isn't going to get one of these either
« Reply #145 on: July 2, 2015, 10:51:01 am »
Where is this Maylasia.
Someone should do the right thing - go back in time to 1992 and destroy the codes to Championship Manager before it is ever released

Offline KopThat

• Legacy Fan
    • GameFaceMe
« Reply #146 on: July 6, 2015, 04:29:17 am »
I will probably have 3 spares for the Brisbane game in the upper Kop end in section 709, face value

I will know if my other tickets have come through by the end of the week

I have 3 spares for the Suncorp Stadium Brisbane 17th July

Category Kop 709 seats 47 to 49

$243 for the 3 of them

I would have posted on ticket exchange but it is locked.
« Last Edit: July 6, 2015, 04:31:15 am by KopThat »

Online jooneyisdagod

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #147 on: July 6, 2015, 05:47:08 am »

Hey mate,

If you are still looking for tickets, jump on the LFC Queensland supporters page. There are loads of people trying to do a swap/sell.

I think my views on ticketek are pretty well known, but the shambles of this time around have only gone to speak for themselves.

Ticketek have also done a release recently.

The chants for Kenny Dalglish that were heard again on Wednesday do not necessarily mean that the fans see him as the saviour. This is not Newcastle, longing for the return of Kevin Keegan. Simply, Dalglish represents everything Hodgson is not and, in fairness, everything Hodgson could or would not hope to be.

• Legacy Fan
    • Just Words
« Reply #148 on: July 6, 2015, 06:11:40 am »

My mate has just pulled the plug, so I've one spare. PM if you're keen, mate. Selling at cost price.

Joon. Still keen for that beer?

Online jooneyisdagod

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #149 on: July 6, 2015, 06:15:35 am »
My mate has just pulled the plug, so I've one spare. PM if you're keen, mate. Selling at cost price.

Joon. Still keen for that beer?

Totally! The official supporters club bar is The Criterion. But there's no fucking way that'll hold everyone so I expect it to spillover to pretty much all the bars up and down the stretch.

Edit: I'm also considering going in for the training the day before. It's a ridiculously hectic time of the year unfortunately so I'm not quite certain yet and might have to decide closer to the day.
« Last Edit: July 6, 2015, 06:17:07 am by jooneyisdagod »

• Legacy Fan
    • Just Words
« Reply #150 on: July 7, 2015, 01:14:52 am »
Totally! The official supporters club bar is The Criterion. But there's no fucking way that'll hold everyone so I expect it to spillover to pretty much all the bars up and down the stretch.

Edit: I'm also considering going in for the training the day before. It's a ridiculously hectic time of the year unfortunately so I'm not quite certain yet and might have to decide closer to the day.

Cool. I'll probably be up at the Paddo on the game day. Want to get there at around 3ish. Going to the training session, too, although it's my dad's birthday so taking him out for dinner beforehand.

Offline ChrisV

• Main Stander
PREVIEW: Adelaide United FC v Liverpool FC (July 20)
« Reply #151 on: July 8, 2015, 01:28:03 pm »
PREVIEW: ADELAIDE UNITED V LIVERPOOL

Liverpool roll into Adelaide July 20 to play Adelaide United in a sold out Adelaide Oval (53,000 capacity).

One of these teams is nicknamed "The Reds". They're from a marginalised city which struggles economically and is regularly ridiculed by the elitists of the country. They were in the doldrums for a while, playing boring, ineffective football, until revitalised by a Spanish coach who brought with him a new playing style and an influx of technically gifted Spanish players. The other one is... badoom tish.... Liverpool FC.

The quality

I remember when Fowler came to play in Australia, judgement of people who watch both A-League and the English leagues was that we were League Two to League One standard. I think we've improved significantly since then to the point we're probably around the standard of a good League One side. Don't expect quality, but expect a fight.

The season

It was all in all a good season for Adelaide United. We won the inaugural FFA Cup at home in front of a full house. After spending most of the season in the top three, we slumped to 5th after losing the last two games, but were moved to 4th after Perth Glory were demoted for salary cap violations. Because finals series are a tradition in Australian sport, our league ends with a playoff series. 4th is (just) good enough for a home final, which we won, before being dispatched in the semis by a superior Sydney FC side. But I doubt you'll find an Adelaide fan complaining too much about the year. We were pretty good and we were entertaining as hell to watch. In one home game I attended, we dispatched a hapless Newcastle Jets 7-0, equalling the previous biggest ever A-League victory, 8-1 by... oh, that was us too.

The coach

Josep Gombau is ex FC Barcelona youth team coach and brought some of Barcelona's style to a dreary A-League filled with hoofball merchants. He has brought with him not only some talented Spanish players, but a lot of passion. One would think it would be tough to come from a club like Barcelona - if only the youth team - to a place like Adelaide where football is not the most popular sport. But Gombau's passion for winning at the club is obvious in every game. I remember one game a season or two ago, where drawing or winning was essential to our finals chances. We were losing 1-0 and a man down after a series of unbelievable refereeing decisions. The mood in the crowd was by far the ugliest I've ever seen. When we scored to equalise, Gombau ran onto the pitch and did a kneeslide in front of the goal scorer. In a suit. It wasn't for show. That's just who he is.

Players to watch

1. Eugene Galekovic (GK, captain)

Generally considered the best keeper in the A-League and a fixture in the Socceroos squad (though not first choice). Galekovic, like Gombau, wears his heart on his sleeve. If he's pissed off you will know it. Also, he's pissed off about 95% of the time when the ball goes in his net. A good all-rounder with decent shot stopping, good positioning and good distribution. Fan favourite.

9. Sergio Cirio (striker)

One of Gombau's original imports, he won club player of the season this year, slightly controversially ahead of Tarek Elrich. A technically good and versatile player who frequently drifts out to the wings rather than playing as an out and out striker.

19. Awer Mabil (RW)

Born in Kenya's infamous Kakuma Refugee Camp and came to Australia at a young age. "Gogomabil", as he's sometimes known, is a huge fan favourite. His sheer drive and enthusiasm when he gets on the pitch is infectious, even if the finishing and decisionmaking sometimes doesn't live up to the bluster. He's a Jordon Ibe type figure - young and raw, but giving his all at all times.

21. Tarek Elrich (RB)

Now getting regular callups for the Socceroos, a dependable and versatile player.

10. Marcelo Carrusca (AM)

Another technically strong player playing in a typical no. 10 role, responsible for much of the side's creativity.

So who are you cheering for?

As both an Adelaide and Liverpool fan, I just want a good game with a lot of good goals. If it was a serious game, I would be cheering for Adelaide. Given it's a friendly, I get to see Adelaide play many times a season and am more looking forward to Liverpool.

Prediction?

Entertaining game I hope, but Adelaide should get firmly squashed. I'm thinking 4-1 Liverpool.

Offline Gifted Right Foot

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #152 on: July 9, 2015, 02:35:31 am »
I can't fucking wait for this.  Should be an entertaining game against Brisbane.  They play some decent footy. 

Offline Roopy

• Kopite
« Reply #153 on: July 9, 2015, 04:03:28 am »

The NSW government chose not to meet Liverpool's asking price to play in Sydney against Sydney FC.

Qld Government didn't meet Liverpool's demands 2 years ago when they toured - and once they saw the massive economic effect the tour had in Melbourne, they were not going to turn down the opportunity again.

NSW missed out big time.

Offline Henderson Our Hero

• Founding Member of the Claire Rourke Fan Club - Swedish Branch (vi håller ögonen på dig....)
  • Kopite
  • This is Jordan
« Reply #154 on: July 9, 2015, 11:45:22 am »
Amy poster of the "LFC Tour" yet? With names of players attending - could be intreseting in different ways....

Offline OzBomber

• Favourite manager Tommy Tootchel favourite Player Naby 'lid' Kyta
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #155 on: July 9, 2015, 03:32:50 pm »
Any scousers heading to Adelaide and want to see some Aussie rules, try and snag a ticket to the Showdown the night before the LFC game. It's the local derby between Adelaide and Port Adelaide in the AFL and will be one of the more emotional sporting games in recent memory.

Plus you'll  get to see what Adelaide Oval is like when full before seeing the Reds there.

Online jooneyisdagod

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #156 on: July 10, 2015, 02:20:38 am »
I'm just putting it out there but I get the feeling there'll be many tickets still available on the day at Suncorp. The ticket sales appear to have been totally fucked by Ticketek. So many people with 2, 3, and 4 extra tickets.

Offline KopThat

• Legacy Fan
    • GameFaceMe
« Reply #157 on: July 10, 2015, 02:37:59 am »
I have 3 spares for the Suncorp Stadium Brisbane 17th July

Category Kop 709 seats 47 to 49

$243 for the 3 of them

I would have posted on ticket exchange but it is locked.

$220 for the 3 now :)

Offline gb096

• Anny Roader
  • In Sunny Brisbane
« Reply #158 on: July 10, 2015, 05:06:33 am »
Looking forward to seeing the Reds in Brisbane on Friday. Last time I saw them play was 4-3 Newcastle at Anfield.....

Where are people going for drinks before the game?

Offline TheoRacle

• Legacy Fan
  • LFC Supporter
« Reply #159 on: July 10, 2015, 06:34:26 am »
Any know details of team's training sessions in Brisbane?