Author Topic: Atmosphere at Anfield  (Read 1759568 times)

Offline LincsRedbob

• Legacy Fan
  • Hold your head up high
Re: Let's Improve the Atmosphere at Anfield (split from Fortress Anfield)
« Reply #7840 on: March 7, 2017, 04:28:14 pm »
Just out of curiosity, how did you find this out?

Eyes and ears mate
Fought them all the way. Proud to be amongst some great supporters.

SOS member 4969        12.09.12 JUSTICE FOR THE 96

Offline scouse neapolitan

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #7841 on: March 8, 2017, 01:41:27 pm »
I was back in the city last weekend for my annual trip back to the city. Since my mum died, and my sisters moved away , I've got no direct family in Liverpool apart from cousins who I don't hear from. I've got my mates,but best part of them are Evertonians, so here's my point.
 I came back for the game on Saturday without a ticket, as I have done for the last three years. I chanced it and tried to get a last minute spare, but there was nothing doing so I watched it in the supporters club. One of my mates had offered me his ticket but although I appreciated my mate's gesture I said no.

I've followed the debate about Foreigners/Day- trippers coming over and taking the ticket off the locals. I'm probably considered as one of those tourists now, and that despite having been there there for St Etienne, Barcelona 76, etc, and despite being an ex season ticket holder. Then work took me away from my city and my team.

I imagine that there are quite a few people like me, and I don't think that we should have any special entitlement. (I suppose we should be grateful for having had  the opportunity to watch the games every week back in the 70s and eighties), but I'd just like people to avoid over-generalisations, and remember that in amongst the day-tripping tourists, there are also some former- regulars have paid their dues after years of service in long-past seasons.

Offline redhot-robbie

• Kopite
  • and could he play!
« Reply #7842 on: March 8, 2017, 02:50:21 pm »
I was in U7 ROW 90 and the atmosphere was great up there although there was plenty of tourists [thats coming from a scot aswell].Most of them got involved with the singing and i never saw any selfy sticks or anything like that tho.Quite a few songs were getting started from our section or nearby.MAIN STAND ULTRAS  ;)

Me and my brother were on the same row and we said the same, surprisingly good.
"What you achieve in life, echoes in eternity"

Offline MKB

• Martin
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #7843 on: March 9, 2017, 01:54:24 am »
I came back for the game on Saturday without a ticket, as I have done for the last three years. I chanced it and tried to get a last minute spare, but there was nothing doing so I watched it in the supporters club.

I don't understand why people say they can't get tickets when there were at least 3 for sale up until kick-off in the Exhange thread.

My mate had to do a last-minute on-call so couldn't make the game.  I put his ticket in the exchange thread the night before the game and there were no takers, so it went unused as I won't sell to touts.

Offline redbyrdz

• No to sub-optimal passing! Not content with one century, this girl does two together. Oh, and FUCK THE TORIES deh-deh-deh-deh!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7844 on: March 9, 2017, 08:17:40 am »
On who's authority is it that the Kop is all standing for some games (Spurs, Arsenal, FA Cup etc) while all seated for others (WBA, Southampton, Swansea etc etc)?  Who is it that deems some games are 'big' enough to warrant an all-standing Kop while others aren's deemed 'big' enough?  It's a bit like the team itself.  Despite ALL league games carrying the same number of points, the team and crowd can elevate their game depending on who's providing the opposition. 

We decide. Like the Americans say' "We, the people" ;D. If everybody stands, the stewards can do nothing.
"I want to build a team that's invincible, so that they have to send a team from bloody Mars to beat us." - Bill Shankly

Offline Billy Elliot

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #7845 on: March 9, 2017, 03:04:01 pm »
I don't understand why people say they can't get tickets when there were at least 3 for sale up until kick-off in the Exhange thread.

My mate had to do a last-minute on-call so couldn't make the game.  I put his ticket in the exchange thread the night before the game and there were no takers, so it went unused as I won't sell to touts.

Anybody can get a ticket - if they put in the leg work.  Having to put in the leg work takes away half of the enjoyment and if you want to sit with mates it's even harder.  Jumping through loads of hoops to sit amongst people I have nothing in common with isn't for me.

I don't think anybody means it literally, although you do have to sit there refreshing all day or build up a network of contacts just to get a single ticket.

After jumping through all the hoops a lot of people have lost enthusiasm by the time they get to the match, well I know I have and I suspect there's plenty of people like me.

It might be OK for people who only intend to go to a couple of matches a season, but when match going has been the best part of your life it starts to become a drain.
With me 3 star jumper half way up me back!

Offline KiNki

• Smicer devotee supreme, Sammy Lee impersonator extraordinaire.
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • i am an_nik_ki.
    • http://hfdinfo.com/digital
« Reply #7846 on: March 9, 2017, 06:48:13 pm »
Anybody can get a ticket - if they put in the leg work.  Having to put in the leg work takes away half of the enjoyment and if you want to sit with mates it's even harder.  Jumping through loads of hoops to sit amongst people I have nothing in common with isn't for me.

I don't think anybody means it literally, although you do have to sit there refreshing all day or build up a network of contacts just to get a single ticket.

After jumping through all the hoops a lot of people have lost enthusiasm by the time they get to the match, well I know I have and I suspect there's plenty of people like me.

It might be OK for people who only intend to go to a couple of matches a season, but when match going has been the best part of your life it starts to become a drain.

Aye, i know aload of people who'd probably go a dozen home matches every season if they could just turn up and pay, they don't expect to get in for the big matches, but would like to go as a group, family and friends, every now and then.  And they can't be arsed with the rigmarole of it all, be it the phone lines, memberships, logging on at 9am on such a date for the only option of singles.  The alternative is hoping for an 11th hour ticket here or other sites, or touts, again there's different types, there's those who wanna make a quick buck, those who wanna make a quick 100, and then there's thomas cook.

Paying over the odds for wigan in the 3rd round of the cup on a wet wednesday in october, to go in on someone else's seasie, to get single tickets in the gods, to watch groups of oocer tourists wander around in group of tens and twenties, while you can't get a pair, is nauseating.

There should be room for all but there isn't.  We have a sweet spot.

Offline iAnfieldRoad

• Legacy Fan
  • JUSTICE IS COMING
« Reply #7847 on: March 9, 2017, 09:42:38 pm »
I saw 2 touts outside the kop on saturday and one of them was just walking past fans asking if anyone wanted tickets.He never said how many he had for sale or prices as he didnt want to attract too much attention.Luckily no one spoke to him as far as i could see.
Justice for the 97
You`ll never walk alone

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #7848 on: March 9, 2017, 10:40:21 pm »
I wasn't for one minute suggesting that a special case should be made for ex-match goers or people living away from the city, I was just mentioning the fact that some of the "tourists" who turn up once every few years or so also have their own CV of watching our team.I started as a five-year-old with my ol' fella until I had to leave the city to get a job.
I'm not particularly media savvy so I wouldn't know where to sniff out a ticket on the internet. Sorry if it seemed I was having a moan about not getting a ticket- not at all.
Just saying that you'll find that some of the "day -trippers" are ex-regulars living away. Funny thing is, that I'm like a tourist in my own city these days as well, not just at the ground on match-day.

Offline Billy Elliot

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #7849 on: March 10, 2017, 12:11:37 am »
I saw 2 touts outside the kop on saturday and one of them was just walking past fans asking if anyone wanted tickets.He never said how many he had for sale or prices as he didnt want to attract too much attention.Luckily no one spoke to him as far as i could see.

So how do you know they were touts?  In fact, my Brother and his Sons mate sold my ticket outside the ground for face value, could have been them for all you know.

Offline iAnfieldRoad

• Legacy Fan
  • JUSTICE IS COMING
« Reply #7850 on: March 10, 2017, 12:27:56 am »
You have a point there and maybe they werent touts its just i heard one of them saying DOES ANYONE WANT TICKETS thats all.One of them was leaning against a wall and another one was walking away from him.They both looked about the same age maybe late 20s early 30s.Anyway no one took them up on the offer.Just what i saw.
Justice for the 97
You`ll never walk alone

Offline OzBomber

• Favourite manager Tommy Tootchel favourite Player Naby 'lid' Kyta
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7851 on: March 10, 2017, 09:42:40 am »

I'm not particularly media savvy so I wouldn't know where to sniff out a ticket on the internet. Sorry if it seemed I was having a moan about not getting a ticket- not at all.

Go to this part of RAWK mate. Usually atleast one or two people who can't go who will put up their ticket in the days leading up to a game.

http://www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?board=20.0

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #7852 on: March 10, 2017, 01:17:00 pm »
Thanks Oz. Much appreciated.

Offline RogerTheRed

• Danke Juergen
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • There's a golden sky on the way
« Reply #7853 on: March 12, 2017, 11:01:01 am »
In U9 main stand today. Hoping the atmosphere will be good there.
Come On You Mighty Scouse Reds!!

Offline scouse92

• Main Stander
« Reply #7854 on: March 13, 2017, 02:05:38 pm »
Was in u9 yesterday. Atmosphere wasn't terrible for a game like this. Quiet in the first half after they scored but ticked over in the second. Few songs sounded like they originated from there.

Did hear a small argument between fans. Some older fella was telling some younger lads to sit down as he 'hadn't paid to see the back of there heads'. I understand the whole standing issue, but these lads were only standing for chances, or to applaud a good piece of play and were sitting back down quickly. I think he was out of order and people like this are killing the atmosphere. These lads did bite back and hopefully it wont affect their passion in the future. but for some others i'm certain it would impact on them.

Offline SouthDerryLaggo

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Enjoy these times
« Reply #7855 on: March 13, 2017, 02:28:49 pm »
Sat in 202 of kop for the first half yesterday and was disgusted, not a song or word of encouragement from anyone. I got in an argument with some lad behind me cos he was being negative I told him it was hardly helping and he just said "oh so I'm supposed to applaud Shite play" I left that seat at half time
And went up to the back of the kop for the second half. Was much better.
YNWA

Offline quinny

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #7856 on: March 13, 2017, 02:35:17 pm »
Was in u9 yesterday. Atmosphere wasn't terrible for a game like this. Quiet in the first half after they scored but ticked over in the second. Few songs sounded like they originated from there.

Did hear a small argument between fans. Some older fella was telling some younger lads to sit down as he 'hadn't paid to see the back of there heads'. I understand the whole standing issue, but these lads were only standing for chances, or to applaud a good piece of play and were sitting back down quickly. I think he was out of order and people like this are killing the atmosphere. These lads did bite back and hopefully it wont affect their passion in the future. but for some others i'm certain it would impact on them.

To be fair when everyone suddenly starts standing when we have a chance it's really annoying - I've missed goals because of it. I much prefer standing during games but it has to be one or the other in my opinion.

Offline EastTyroneRed

• Got an issue? Here's a tissue. Or a sock. I use either...
  • Main Stander
« Reply #7857 on: March 13, 2017, 02:37:05 pm »
I too sat in 202 and the amount of arl arses moaning and complaining was shocking. Sitting in otherwise silence not supporting the team. And these werent Norwegian lads, they werent even Chinese. They were L4 scouser born and bred. Shocking state of affairs.

Offline scouse92

• Main Stander
« Reply #7858 on: March 13, 2017, 02:47:31 pm »
To be fair when everyone suddenly starts standing when we have a chance it's really annoying - I've missed goals because of it. I much prefer standing during games but it has to be one or the other in my opinion.

I do get were you are coming from with this, but i do it myself. Its not like people stand to purposely annoy people, its an instinct when passionate to stand or throw arms up etc.
I wouldn't even mind people having a quiet word but it seemed to turn nasty. It was around the 85th minute when people were already standing up to let the early leavers past.
I just hope people who are passionate don't let things like this tone them down.

Offline Alonso_The_Assassin

• Legacy Fan
    • Just Words
« Reply #7859 on: March 13, 2017, 04:19:33 pm »
Was in U8. Flat in the first half, better in the second. Dickhead next to me got up and went for a cappuccino 37 minutes in. Was shocked that he didn't fuck off early like so many others did. Embarrassing. Like I said in the post match thread, these people lack the stomach for the fight.

Offline Billy Elliot

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #7860 on: March 13, 2017, 04:23:48 pm »
They were L4 scouser born and bred. Shocking state of affairs.

How do you know that they wasn't L3, L5 or L31?

Probably L24 to L26, South Enders have always been miserable bastards.

Most people in L4 are priced out.

Offline Billy Elliot

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #7861 on: March 13, 2017, 04:34:23 pm »
Singing's over rated.  We used to leave the nursery rhyme nonsense to United.  It was the general noise that used to make the Kop intimidating (the roar, the drone, the abuse to the opposition and ref, the whistling, the shouting, the booing, etc., etc.)

We've only ever really sung at big matches when we're in a celebratory mood.  That's still there, it's all the other things that made up the atmosphere that's gone.

Offline Chief Brody

• Living the goosed life. Requires explanation. Works on the 110% scale.
  • Kopite
  • Hi
« Reply #7862 on: March 13, 2017, 04:56:52 pm »

I don't know why you would need to stand in U9.

Does my head in a bit, you end up up and down like a yoyo. 99% of the time if everyone just stays where they are you can see. I've tapped a few people on shoulders. Seating isn't ideal but you've gotta give some consideration to others.

Offline Medellin

• Self-confessed daft meff.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Sound
« Reply #7863 on: March 13, 2017, 05:12:34 pm »
Aye, i know aload of people who'd probably go a dozen home matches every season if they could just turn up and pay, they don't expect to get in for the big matches, but would like to go as a group, family and friends, every now and then.  And they can't be arsed with the rigmarole of it all, be it the phone lines, memberships, logging on at 9am on such a date for the only option of singles.

Yep couldn't agree more & your friends are anything like the ones who i know in a similar situation then bang goes that section of support who are missing to help increase the atmosphere in the ground.
Support the team,Trust & Believe.

Offline davidsteventon

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #7864 on: March 13, 2017, 06:06:55 pm »
Some want to sit.
Some want to stand.

Those that want to sit don't want others to stand.
Those that want to stand don't want others to sit.

CRYING out for tickets and areas to be labelled 'active participation' and 'restricted view'. Fuck the label or stigma. Just get it done.

If that happened then those that moan about standers would be valid in the right areas. Everyone is happy. The 'active' ones don't need to then end up arguing.

Who's not happy here? Nobody?

Offline exiledintheUSA

• Not to be confused with Darren from Thetford. Or Phil Dowd.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice HAS come. YNWA 97
« Reply #7865 on: March 13, 2017, 06:11:08 pm »
The coming extra 9K seats in the Annie Rd should help.
Been all over the world but Anfield is still my home.

Offline Fromola

• For the love of god please shut the fuck up. Lomola... “The sky is falling and I’m off to tell the King!...” Places stock in the wrong opinions. Miserable F*cker! Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season
  • Legacy Fan
  • Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to
« Reply #7866 on: March 13, 2017, 06:19:31 pm »
Singing's over rated.  We used to leave the nursery rhyme nonsense to United.  It was the general noise that used to make the Kop intimidating (the roar, the drone, the abuse to the opposition and ref, the whistling, the shouting, the booing, etc., etc.)

We've only ever really sung at big matches when we're in a celebratory mood.  That's still there, it's all the other things that made up the atmosphere that's gone.

Yeah the general noise has gone. Goodison still has that with the ref baiting and that kind of thing but Everton still have a youngish crowd.

Singing is only one part of an atmosphere.

Pointless moaning about a poor atmosphere for Burnley at home on a wet Sunday afternoon when we're putting in our worst half of the season at home. You're always going to get some quiet games.
« Last Edit: March 13, 2017, 06:21:27 pm by Bitter Mug »
Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season

Offline RogerTheRed

• Danke Juergen
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • There's a golden sky on the way
« Reply #7867 on: March 13, 2017, 06:29:42 pm »
Was just in front of the disagreement in U9. The old bloke never come back second half, must have seen an empty seat and moved.
Decent atmosphere in second half. Wired thing is you can't hear the Kop from there!
Come On You Mighty Scouse Reds!!

Offline davidsteventon

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #7868 on: March 13, 2017, 06:55:03 pm »
Was just in front of the disagreement in U9. The old bloke never come back second half, must have seen an empty seat and moved.
Decent atmosphere in second half. Wired thing is you can't hear the Kop from there!

You can't hear the Kop in the Kop.

Offline Johnny Foreigner

• King of the Trabbies. Major Mod Thruster.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7869 on: March 13, 2017, 11:26:06 pm »
Bring out the crowd from the villareal-game and got something to play for, problem sorted. the rest is semantics and arguing for the sake of it
It’s not even about individuality, it’s about the team. Our game was based on his controlling of the tempo. Squeeze the life out of the opposition and then strike. That is our game. Like a pack of pythons.

Offline KiNki

• Smicer devotee supreme, Sammy Lee impersonator extraordinaire.
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • i am an_nik_ki.
    • http://hfdinfo.com/digital
« Reply #7870 on: March 14, 2017, 12:23:10 am »
got something to play for - the rest is semantics and arguing for the sake of it

Offline RedPat

• Legacy Fan
  • Kenny Godglish
« Reply #7871 on: April 1, 2017, 05:27:53 pm »
As expected for the derby the atmosphere was good today and the tribute to Ronnie was fitting.I know Jurgen doesn't like his name being sung before the match outcome  is beyond doubt however I sit directly across from our dug out in the lower centenary and he went fucking ballistic when the Kop started chanting his name just before full time,my point is surely it's none of his business what the kop chant and if they want to chant his name as paying supporters they are entitled to chant it regardless of the match score or time of the match without him expressing his dissatisfaction.
« Last Edit: April 1, 2017, 05:30:33 pm by RedPat »
Kenny Godglish

Offline Buck Pete

• GV66 LJF for short. King Kong Balls. Bathes in peat. Partial to a walnut whip. Gets wet for 24/7 but disappointed Chopper. On the mortgage blacklist. Too tight to really be called a
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7872 on: April 1, 2017, 05:38:08 pm »
As expected for the derby the atmosphere was good today and the tribute to Ronnie was fitting.I know Jurgen doesn't like his name being sung before the match outcome  is beyond doubt however I sit directly across from our dug out in the lower centenary and he went fucking ballistic when the Kop started chanting his name just before full time,my point is surely it's none of his business what the kop chant and if they want to chant his name as paying supporters they are entitled to chant it regardless of the match score or time of the match without him expressing his dissatisfaction.

Saw that mate. He did go ballistic and was pointing at his watch. 

Ah fuck it though. All was forgotten at FT when he was celebrating with us in the KOP :)

He's knows what he wants and also what he doesn't want.  We are going to have take a bollocking and live with it every now and then. :)

Offline Always_A_Red

• Legacy Fan
  • The reds are coming up the hill boys
« Reply #7873 on: April 1, 2017, 05:46:27 pm »
As expected for the derby the atmosphere was good today and the tribute to Ronnie was fitting.I know Jurgen doesn't like his name being sung before the match outcome  is beyond doubt however I sit directly across from our dug out in the lower centenary and he went fucking ballistic when the Kop started chanting his name just before full time, my point is surely it's none of his business what the kop chant and if they want to chant his name as paying supporters they are entitled to chant it regardless of the match score or time of the match without him expressing his dissatisfaction.

Just made the same point in the match day thread. Absolutely pathetic reaction from him. The reaction of the KOP to his reaction tells everything about how people feel about anyone telling us what we can and cannot sing and when we can and cannot sing it. I think he'll think twice next time. We should be able to sing his name for 90 mins if we want. Perhaps he can provide us with a song manual and let us know when we can/cant sing each song?   ::)
We’ll still finish in top four - and they won’t. You can quote me on this in May.

Offline Tjfruits

• Anny Roader
« Reply #7874 on: April 1, 2017, 05:59:00 pm »
Did I see a smoke in the kop today?

Offline Max999

• Anny Roader
« Reply #7875 on: April 1, 2017, 06:11:25 pm »

Haha to be fair I think it was a bit tongue in cheek, as was 'who the fucking hell are you' directed at him after.

Was great today.
« Last Edit: April 1, 2017, 06:17:24 pm by Max999 »

Offline Max999

• Anny Roader
« Reply #7876 on: April 1, 2017, 06:18:27 pm »

Yeah, was a smoke bomb in 306 after the Origi goal

Offline Tjfruits

• Anny Roader
« Reply #7877 on: April 1, 2017, 06:27:55 pm »
Yeah, was a smoke bomb in 306 after the Origi goal
Interesting that

Offline Redman0151

• Stills and Nash Warloch
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7878 on: April 1, 2017, 07:25:13 pm »
Saw that mate. He did go ballistic and was pointing at his watch. 

Ah fuck it though. All was forgotten at FT when he was celebrating with us in the KOP :)

He's knows what he wants and also what he doesn't want.  We are going to have take a bollocking and live with it every now and then. :)

Haha yep, I was pissing myself when he started fuming on us. He's passionate until the end, not gonna fume on him for that. His celebration at the end with the kop was great

Yeah was right by my feet, the mongrels were setting off theres early, they clearly didnt expect a happy ending

"I would say we certainly have the resources to compete with anybody in football." Tom Werner 12/04/2012

Offline Jake

• Fuck VAR
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Fuck VAR
« Reply #7879 on: April 1, 2017, 07:29:57 pm »
That wasn't too bad in 208. Quiet spells while everyone plays on their phone instead of watching the game but not the worst I've been to.
I'm not vaccinated against covid and ... I don't wear masks.