Author Topic: Making A Murderer - A Netflix Documentary Series - MAY CONTAIN SPOILERS  (Read 68909 times)

Offline johnsmithlfc

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • You may say I'm a Dreamer
Re: Making A Murderer - A Netflix Documentary Series - MAY CONTAIN SPOILERS
« Reply #160 on: January 4, 2016, 11:23:12 pm »
As I've already commented, for the most part he comes off as "misguided" let's say, but the things he says about Dassey's cousin (?), the young girl, as well as one or two other remarks, are just plain horrible.

Also, for those saying 'how was he supposed to keep calm?', look at Steven Avery. Locked up for 18 years for a crime he didn't do, vilified by the police and press and communtiy alike, and never compensated for it. I'm surprised he refrained from killing himself the first time, let alone after all this (especially if he's innocent again). And yet throughout the whole thing he's calm, restrained and understanding. He shows a stunning amount of self-control and awareness of those around him despite having his life ruined by the self same people.

That's fair enough man, I'm not really defending him...merely offering reasons why he might not 'come across' very well...what with his sister being murdered and all.
No two people are the same and everyone handles things differently.
Of course we'd all like to remain calm under pressure and well reasoned and polite all the time, but people are only human and often cannot keep their emotions in check.
It's probably not the best time to get a feel for someone when something like this is going on.

The greatness of a man is not in how much wealth he acquires but in his integrity and his ability to affect those around him positively - Bob Marley

Offline gerrardsarmy

• Wouldn't say no to a spanking
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #161 on: January 5, 2016, 06:36:13 am »
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/ifxMoHDJ7ks" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/ifxMoHDJ7ks</a>
“I always think that there’s something unpleasant lurking in people who avoid drinking, gambling, table-talk and pretty women. People like that are either sick or secretly hate their fellow-men.”

Offline Flaccid Bobby Fowler

• Supports the No To Racism campaign. Good lad.
  • Legacy Fan
  • *****In Istanbul, we won it 5 times*****
« Reply #162 on: January 5, 2016, 11:32:23 am »
Without rambling across spoilers, can anyone tell me is this a real life Documentary or a program? Why is his story only coming out now? Is it a doc based on real life with actors or a doc with the actual people involved?? I'm overhearing work colleagues talk about it and reading a lot of Buzz about it which is kind of starting to bug me as I binned my netflix sub and its not on showbox yet.

Offline Adam_LFC

• Boring.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #163 on: January 5, 2016, 11:37:03 am »
Without rambling across spoilers, can anyone tell me is this a real life Documentary or a program? Why is his story only coming out now? Is it a doc based on real life with actors or a doc with the actual people involved?? I'm overhearing work colleagues talk about it and reading a lot of Buzz about it which is kind of starting to bug me as I binned my netflix sub and its not on showbox yet.

It is a series long documentary (10 episodes, an hour long each).

Not sure why it is only coming out now. Probably to do with legal issues etc. It makes you think though that if something like this can go by without being well known, what else has happened in other cases throughout history.

Offline gerrardsarmy

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #164 on: January 5, 2016, 12:06:42 pm »

It's not dramatised with actors at all. It's compiled of interviews with family, press conferences, interviews with attorneys, phone conversations, and trial footage.

“I always think that there’s something unpleasant lurking in people who avoid drinking, gambling, table-talk and pretty women. People like that are either sick or secretly hate their fellow-men.”

Offline owens_2k

• Bagged the role of third spud in the annual RAWK panto
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #165 on: January 5, 2016, 12:16:40 pm »
They didnt make too much of Fassbenders "Put the blood in the house" comment to the DNA analyst did they?

Offline Alan_X

• WUM. 'twatito' - The Cat Herding Firm But Fair Voice Of Reason (Except when he's got a plank up his arse). Gimme some skin, priest! Has a general dislike for Elijah Wood. Clearly cannot fill even a thong! RAWK Resident Muppet. Has a crush o
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Come on you fucking red men!!!
  • Super Title: This is super!
« Reply #166 on: January 5, 2016, 12:17:14 pm »
It is a series long documentary (10 episodes, an hour long each).

Not sure why it is only coming out now. Probably to do with legal issues etc. It makes you think though that if something like this can go by without being well known, what else has happened in other cases throughout history.

People should also look into the case of the West Memphis Three

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/West_Memphis_Three

There's a documentary on Netflix 'West of Memphis' that has more than a few parallels.
Sid Lowe (@sidlowe)
09/03/2011 08:04
Give a man a mask and he will tell the truth, Give a man a user name and he will act like a total twat.
Its all about winning shiny things.

Offline KERRYKOP

• KerryKop - Fiendish Bunny Slayer, Enemy Of The Lapine Race and founder of the Benitez band. Mugs old ladies for their kindles. Grindr fiend.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • RIP Páidí Ó Sé
« Reply #167 on: January 5, 2016, 12:20:39 pm »
Those shifty coppers! Up until three last night going through the first four episodes, engrossing stuff, will hopefully fly through another three tonight. That's seems a reasonable pace, a load of people doing in the one burst the mental shut ins. 

Offline Alan_X

• WUM. 'twatito' - The Cat Herding Firm But Fair Voice Of Reason (Except when he's got a plank up his arse). Gimme some skin, priest! Has a general dislike for Elijah Wood. Clearly cannot fill even a thong! RAWK Resident Muppet. Has a crush o
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #168 on: January 5, 2016, 12:23:09 pm »
They didnt make too much of Fassbenders "Put the blood in the house" comment to the DNA analyst did they?

It's possible to read too much into that. The point the defence team were making was that Fassbender was leading the analyst in the results he was looking for. There wasn't any indication that Fassbender and his partner had actually planted any evidence (as opposed to the clear implication that other two detectives had).
Sid Lowe (@sidlowe)
Give a man a mask and he will tell the truth, Give a man a user name and he will act like a total twat.

Offline gerrardsarmy

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #169 on: January 5, 2016, 12:27:01 pm »
People should also look into the case of the West Memphis Three

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/West_Memphis_Three

There's a documentary on Netflix 'West of Memphis' that has more than a few parallels.

There's also the Paradise Lost Trilogy about the West Memphis Three case.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Paradise_Lost:_The_Child_Murders_at_Robin_Hood_Hills

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Paradise_Lost_2:_Revelations

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Paradise_Lost_3:_Purgatory

Offline Alan_X

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #170 on: January 5, 2016, 12:28:42 pm »
There's also the Paradise Lost Trilogy about the West Memphis Three case.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Paradise_Lost:_The_Child_Murders_at_Robin_Hood_Hills

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Paradise_Lost_2:_Revelations

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Paradise_Lost_3:_Purgatory

Yes - thanks. I don't think I've seen those. Similarly disturbing case showing the broken US 'justice' system. No apologies for the quotation marks.
Sid Lowe (@sidlowe)

Offline mkingdon

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #171 on: January 5, 2016, 12:34:02 pm »
It may just be editing, but is anyone else astounded by the poor performance of the defence lawyers for both Steve and Brendan?

SPOILERS BELOW!!

1. Brendan's lawyers agreed not to show the last half hour of confession tape where Brendan tells his Mum they got to his head.
2. None of the defence lawyers ever stressed the fact that despite them "killing her" on his bed and/or garage there was no blood anywhere.
3. They made little of the fact that the key and then the bullet were found in searches days and in the case of the bullet, months after they first entered the property. Why did they not find them on earlier searches?
4. Lenk lied about the time he went to look at the Rav 4, trying to explain why he did not sign in.
5. There was a bloody hole in the blood tube where a syringe had clearly been used to extract some, plus all the seals were broken.

They talk about reasonable doubt....jesus.....

Also, how on earth were the prosecution team allowed to go on TV, months before the trial, and tell the world what had happened in graphic detail, when nothing had been proved or even heard in court.

The whole thing was just incredible.

Offline Alan_X

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #172 on: January 5, 2016, 12:45:07 pm »
It may just be editing, but is anyone else astounded by the poor performance of the defence lawyers for both Steve and Brendan?

SPOILERS BELOW!!

1. Brendan's lawyers agreed not to show the last half hour of confession tape where Brendan tells his Mum they got to his head.
2. None of the defence lawyers ever stressed the fact that despite them "killing her" on his bed and/or garage there was no blood anywhere.
3. They made little of the fact that the key and then the bullet were found in searches days and in the case of the bullet, months after they first entered the property. Why did they not find them on earlier searches?
4. Lenk lied about the time he went to look at the Rav 4, trying to explain why he did not sign in.
5. There was a bloody hole in the blood tube where a syringe had clearly been used to extract some, plus all the seals were broken.

They talk about reasonable doubt....jesus.....

Also, how on earth were the prosecution team allowed to go on TV, months before the trial, and tell the world what had happened in graphic detail, when nothing had been proved or even heard in court.

The whole thing was just incredible.

Err...

First off, the trial lasted for six weeks and they only showed maybe three or four hours of trial footage so I don't know how you are able to make some of your points. Were you in court?

1. It would have made no difference
2. See above, and yes they did.
3. They made a big deal of the key and the bullet. It was one of the key points.
4. Yes- the defence team made a big point of that - how exactly does that make them poor lawyers?
5. So what? Circumstantial evidence that was trumped by the fact that the FBI expert said the blood couldn't have come from the tube.

The prosecution team could do that because there are massive failings in the justice system in the US. That's the point of the documentary.
Sid Lowe (@sidlowe)

Offline stoa

• way. Daydream. Quite partial to a good plonking.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Five+One Times, Baby...
« Reply #173 on: January 5, 2016, 12:49:28 pm »
SPOILERS BELOW!!

1. Yes, that seemed like a mistake.
3. Wasn't there a part where one of the officers said that the key must have fallen on the floor when he was searching the little cabinet?
5. Read on Reddit that it is not that uncommon that the hole could be from putting the blood into the tube in the first place and the lawyers only asked whether the hole was from someone at the lab getting out the blood, which they would have denied as they would simply have taken the cap off. Not sure whether that's true...

Offline gerrardsarmy

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #174 on: January 5, 2016, 12:56:05 pm »

While you bring this up, I have read things about how having a whole in the top of a vial like that is not unusual whatsoever. It would actually be highly unusual if there wasn't a puncture in the purple lid.

Here's a video which shows the process of this.

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/_8ZsqXFqvQM" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/_8ZsqXFqvQM</a>

Offline mkingdon

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #175 on: January 5, 2016, 12:57:58 pm »

The prosecution team could do that because there are massive failings in the justice system in the US. That's the point of the documentary.

Ah right, thanks, now I get it.....

::)

Offline owens_2k

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #176 on: January 5, 2016, 01:11:16 pm »
5. So what? Circumstantial evidence that was trumped by the fact that the FBI expert said the blood couldn't have come from the tube.
But then the other expert stated that it's highly possible for the 'DTA(?)chemical' from the lid to not be detected in an analysis. i.e the technology isn't quite there to detect it properly yet.

Offline johnsmithlfc

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #177 on: January 5, 2016, 01:16:59 pm »

No really.... that is the point.
To highlight how awful and broken the justice system in the USA is.
The filmmakers themselves said as much, they said it's not a 'whodunnit' but it's showing how the cases were flimsy, corrupt and should have been thrown out.

Who knows if he did it, maybe he did?  But the case did not prove beyond a reasonable doubt that he did, therefore he should not have been found guilty, Brendan's was even worse and how he was convicted I'll never now
« Last Edit: January 5, 2016, 01:19:39 pm by johnsmithlfc »
The greatness of a man is not in how much wealth he acquires but in his integrity and his ability to affect those around him positively - Bob Marley

Offline mkingdon

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #178 on: January 5, 2016, 01:18:59 pm »

No really.... that is the point.

No really....I get it......I really do.

I didn't know it removed my right to express an opinion that agreed with the documentary though.

The whole thing was scary, literally unbelievable and a damning statement about the "justice" system in the US.

Offline johnsmithlfc

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #179 on: January 5, 2016, 01:25:19 pm »
See the highlight you did and the eyeroll suggest you didn't get it and were being sarcastic.
Didn't see your rights being removed, but then I only saw the eyeroll and thought I'd point out that the documentary was about the broken justice system using this case as it's basis.
Of course it put across Avery's case and was clearly biased in favour of Avery and left some important stuff out and made some bad things seem less important than they were.

But I thought it did a good job of showing how crappy and corrupt the whole thing was and how neither man should have been convicted, regardless of their guilt.

Offline Alan_X

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #180 on: January 5, 2016, 01:38:39 pm »

Really? - your point was how bad the defence teams were:

Sid Lowe (@sidlowe)

Offline Alan_X

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #181 on: January 5, 2016, 01:46:22 pm »
But then the other expert stated that it's highly possible for the 'DTA(?)chemical' from the lid to not be detected in an analysis. i.e the technology isn't quite there to detect it properly yet.

The FBI expert clearly trumped the defence's expert witness because all they had to do was show an absence of the preservative. The defence case was that the blood could have come from the tube. To prove that they needed traces of the preservative to show up and it didn't. Hopefully there is enough of the recovered blood to allow more sensitive tests to be carried out in future, but it's no defence to say 'there might be traces but we couldn't find them'.

Sid Lowe (@sidlowe)

Online Brian Blessed

• Gordon's ALIVE? Practically Bear Grylls. Backwards Bluesman Bastard.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Feedback Tourist #4
« Reply #182 on: January 5, 2016, 02:00:08 pm »
It is coming out now, because only in 2014 were all avenues for retrials (apparently) exhausted when the State Supreme Court declined to even hear the cases. So the doc covers the aftermath of that, then there was the editing (it was originally 8 episodes, but after seeing it, Netflix requested it be upped to ten episodes).
Anyone else being strangely drawn to Dion Dublin's nipples?

Offline gerrardsarmy

• Legacy Fan

Offline johnsmithlfc

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #184 on: January 5, 2016, 02:25:49 pm »
http://www.snappytv.com/tc/1195261/482197

Hmmmm I wonder what the "big announcement" is?
They probably have a date for Brendan Supreme court hearing.... but could be anything I suppose?

Offline stoa

• way. Daydream. Quite partial to a good plonking.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Five+One Times, Baby...
« Reply #185 on: January 5, 2016, 02:31:06 pm »

They probably have a date for Brendan Supreme court hearing.... but could be anything I suppose?

I might be wrong, but isn't the big news that one of the jurors said that "they feared for their personal safety" and therefore they cast their vote for guilty?

Online Brian Blessed

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #186 on: January 5, 2016, 02:33:35 pm »

The announcement is in the video. A juror contacted them and said they thought Steven was innocent, set up by law enforcement. They voted guilty because they feared for their own safety. They think Steven deserves a new trial, far away from Wisconsin.

And I think the Supreme Court has already declined to hear Brendan's case.

Offline johnsmithlfc

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #187 on: January 5, 2016, 02:44:19 pm »
Ahhh ok I just saw a tweet, no video.... my mistake.

As for Brendan Appeal, I mean the Federal appeal for Habeas.
They're still awaiting the outcome of the appeal.

As of January 3, 2016 he currently is still in jail and there is no updated information on his appeal. A habeas petition could have several results. If not outright rejected, Brendan Dassey may receive another trial, or may even be set free. It’s worth noting that very few habeas petitions are granted.

http://gazettereview.com/2016/01/what-happened-brendan-dassey-making-murderer-update/

Online Brian Blessed

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #188 on: January 5, 2016, 02:47:40 pm »
Ahhh ok I just saw a tweet, no video.... my mistake.

As for Brendan Appeal, I mean the Federal appeal for Habeas.
They're still awaiting the outcome of the appeal.

http://gazettereview.com/2016/01/what-happened-brendan-dassey-making-murderer-update/
Ah, thanks for that, John.

Offline johnsmithlfc

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #189 on: January 5, 2016, 02:49:38 pm »
Ah, thanks for that, John.

Well it doesn't look good for him and I doubt the feds want to reopen the can of worms that is that case.
Still where there is hope, eh?

Online Brian Blessed

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #190 on: January 5, 2016, 02:54:02 pm »

Well it doesn't look good for him and I doubt the feds want to reopen the can of worms that is that case.
Still where there is hope, eh?

Certainly. And with the judicial system under great scrutiny because of this, it won;t be so easy to sweep it under the carpet.

Offline Hij

• Literally Custom-titlely neglected for literally over a decade, Ruud.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice for Anne Williams. Justice for the 97.
    • Grime Forum
« Reply #191 on: January 5, 2016, 03:28:00 pm »
Just to be speculative, as it is a sort of whodunnit, various things added together for me

But when you take

Colborn calling in the plates two days early and looking like he absolutely shit himself on the stand when the lawyers questioned him about his call
The boyfriend and the brother seeming sketchy about being asked if they had ever been on the property before
The boyfriend and the brother who admitted to having access to the voicemails - and then one (or more going missing)
The brother talking about the grieving process last days, months, even years while she hadn't been confirmed dead then correcting himself to mention "but hopefully we carry on with her in our lifes".
The likelyhood of the key being planted by Lenk at the the minimum.
The woman being given the camera and being told to go and look basically starting where the car was.

I can see a situation where there was some collusion and some corruption and yet Steven Avery may have still committed the crime. The lawyer in his interviews won't say he believes Avery innocent, only that he believes that the police on believing they had their man, tried to make the case even more water tight. I can also see a situation where one of the other Avery's committed the murder as they had the opportunity and two of them managed to alibi each other. This could have been on a sexual basis, or to frame Steven Avery.

So, based on the sketchiness of the boyfriend and the brother in their interview with the media (purely regarding whether they went onto the property, watch it again it looks really dodgy) and the way in which they clearly were deciding to play detective themselves from the offset - by hacking into her voicemails and phone records rather than letting the police do all of this. I wouldn't at all be surprised if they had left a voicemail on her phone saying something along the lines of "We are on our way to the last place we believe you went, if you get this message please call us so we know you are ok". They turn up to the property in the cover of darkness shortly after midnight or so from the entrance that the lady was later told to check out. They call it into the police who arrive onto the property later that night, nearer to the time Colborn calls in the plates. Colborn calls in the plates- it's the right car and he's looking right at it. He tells the boyfriend and the brother that he already knows who the guilty party is, but the case might not get very far if he's already discovered the car by coming onto the property without a warrant and tells them to leave it with him, they give him the spare key. He calls Lenk who along with Colborn more than likely already believes Steven Avery to be the perp, and also has motive in the tune of 36 million dollars to make sure it is him. They then set in motion a way in which they can ensure a conviction- they already have the car, the key and Lenk knows he has access to Steven Avery's blood and they have time in which to get some of this sorted before the car is 'found'.

It allows for them to have stitched him up, while the crime still took place on the Avery property, whether Steven or another.

Now what this doesn't account for is Halbach's body - if it wasn't discovered that night, then what's to stop the brother and the ex boyfriend to go knocking on doors and going mental to see if she is still alive. If it was discovered, then there is no chance in hell that the brother and ex boyfriend are going to allow the police to burn it simply to make sure they get a conviction.

I can only see it being

1) Boyfriend and Brother discover car - call police - plan to frame set in motion
2) Colborn discovers car and body - plan to frame set in motion - pretty extreme to imagine them burning it, but desperate people can do desperate things - being a police officer does not preclude you from this in my eyes
and the most simple which can often be the correct answer
3) Car is found legitimately - plan to frame set in motion.

The only problem with 3 is, I simply cannot believe that they managed to get rid of all the DNA evidence from everywhere else and then just left the car in a really easy area to find hidden like that. Unless of course, they actually thought that by removing the DNA evidence and getting rid of the plates - the vehicle wouldn't be suspected of being hers (but surely they'd have found her DNA in it?).

The whole thing is odd, the timing of the murder as well is absolutely incredible, it's literally days after they are deposed. I don't think we'll ever find out either.

For what it's worth, I believe they found bleach on one of Brendan's items of clothing, and he admits in one of his interviews (not sure if this was coerced or not) to cleaning something red/dark red in the garage for Steven.

It seems stupid for Steven to commit that sort of act after already being in prison, but it's possible he did, perhaps thinking that all his attendance at these events and being a poster boy for lack of justice meant that he was now beyond the law - but I don't believe it was proven beyond a reasonable doubt for me based on the evidence I have seen and if I was on that jury I wouldn't have convicted him.
« Last Edit: January 5, 2016, 03:36:37 pm by Hij »
Justice for Anne Williams. Justice for the 97. Justice for the Survivors.

Istanbul 2005. Athens 2007. Basel 2016. Kiev 2018. Madrid 2019. Paris 2022.

Offline Hij

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
    • Grime Forum
« Reply #192 on: January 5, 2016, 03:30:33 pm »
The FBI expert clearly trumped the defence's expert witness because all they had to do was show an absence of the preservative. The defence case was that the blood could have come from the tube. To prove that they needed traces of the preservative to show up and it didn't. Hopefully there is enough of the recovered blood to allow more sensitive tests to be carried out in future, but it's no defence to say 'there might be traces but we couldn't find them'.

Yeah this is true. Did they ever explain why they only tested three of them? It's not like there was 100's to test. Could, and should have tested 6 fairly easily, unless of course those results proved the defences case, then I guess you just pretend they never happened.

Offline owens_2k

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #193 on: January 5, 2016, 03:38:18 pm »
Yeah this is true. Did they ever explain why they only tested three of them? It's not like there was 100's to test. Could, and should have tested 6 fairly easily, unless of course those results proved the defences case, then I guess you just pretend they never happened.
Not to mentioned the fact that the tester caused the DNA test to become contaminated with her own DNA which in EVERY other case she had worked on deemed the sample unusable in prosecution.

Offline Hij

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
    • Grime Forum
« Reply #194 on: January 5, 2016, 03:39:02 pm »
I might be wrong, but isn't the big news that one of the jurors said that "they feared for their personal safety" and therefore they cast their vote for guilty?

I presume a jurors word means little after the fact, but surely if more of them who initially voted not guilty came out and said similar then that would set the wheels in motion for something, has that even happened before?

But so far we have the juror who left the jury.
And now one of the members who was actually on the jury.

Offline Hij

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
    • Grime Forum
« Reply #195 on: January 5, 2016, 03:39:38 pm »
Not to mentioned the fact that the tester caused the DNA test to become contaminated with her own DNA which in EVERY other case she had worked on deemed the sample unusable in prosecution.

That was a different test I believe (although I agree with you)

The FBI tester was a bloke if I recall.

Offline Alan_X

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #196 on: January 5, 2016, 03:41:17 pm »
That was a different test I believe (although I agree with you)

The FBI tester was a bloke if I recall.

It was - the corrupted sample was Halbach's DNA on the bullet.
Sid Lowe (@sidlowe)

Offline Kashinoda

• More broken biscuits than made of crisps
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • ....mmm
« Reply #197 on: January 6, 2016, 01:26:43 am »
Also, just in.

:D

Offline Kashinoda

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • ....mmm
« Reply #198 on: January 6, 2016, 01:27:04 am »
Erm, holy shit?

MaM creators reveal a juror has come forward. Feared for their life.

https://twitter.com/TODAYshow/status/684373410038718464

Offline Kashinoda

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • ....mmm
« Reply #199 on: January 6, 2016, 01:32:24 am »
There's some inherent problems with a re-trial, if one were to ever take place. Which is doubtful even with this backlash.

1) The witnesses for the prosecution have enough time to get their entire story in check. The massive contradictions and failure to answer questions was a big part of why they failed to convince anyone that it played out how they said it did.

Though I'm not familier with how this works, would the defense be able to reference the earlier trial or would the whole thing be inadmissible?

2) In a reversal of what happened before. It will be hard to find people who don't know about the case, Making a Murderer is having as much influence on a much wider scale than the media coverage around the initial case.