Author Topic: Newcastle United  (Read 92519 times)

Offline nickyd186

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: Newcastle United
« Reply #40 on: November 28, 2015, 04:07:49 pm »
Where's best to park, are there manned car parks near the ground?

Hospital multi story isn't too bad
What we achieve in life, echos in eternity

Offline Buck Pete

• GV66 LJF for short. King Kong Balls. Bathes in peat. Partial to a walnut whip. Gets wet for 24/7 but disappointed Chopper. On the mortgage blacklist. Too tight to really be called a
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #41 on: November 30, 2015, 01:29:12 pm »
Where's best to park, are there manned car parks near the ground?

I always park at 'Gateshead' or 'Gateshead stadium' Metro station.  Then get the metro into Newcastle Central. 15 minutes total from metro to footy ground and simple as fuck.

Offline sidlfc90

• Main Stander
  • Believer!!
« Reply #42 on: December 1, 2015, 06:48:37 pm »
Which pub will our fans be in? Getting the train up should be there by 2pm

Offline Redman92

• Main Stander
« Reply #43 on: December 2, 2015, 09:04:37 am »
Quite a lot of us in O'Neills 2 seasons ago outside central station. Would be a shout going there first.

Offline evanz89

• Anny Roader
  • JFT96
« Reply #44 on: December 2, 2015, 09:43:41 am »
I always go in beehive. Dead cheap. About £2 a pint. Was a few seasons ago I think we won 6-1? Was it. 5.30 kick off I believe. Ended up getting hammered and not even making it to the ground was in a right state missed my train home as well  ;D What a match to miss though!

Offline sidlfc90

• Main Stander
  • Believer!!
« Reply #45 on: December 2, 2015, 11:11:42 am »
I will more than likely go in both! Is the beehive anywhere near the ground?

Offline Jonny-LFC

• Kopite
  • Yorkshire Red
« Reply #46 on: December 2, 2015, 01:10:53 pm »
Driving up and staying in Gatsehead, best place to start by the station then? Should be there about 12 - Been Newcastle about 30 times but never for the footy so don't know where the away fans usually go.
@JonnYNWA

Offline Redman92

• Main Stander
« Reply #47 on: December 2, 2015, 01:39:54 pm »
Driving up and staying in Gatsehead, best place to start by the station then? Should be there about 12 - Been Newcastle about 30 times but never for the footy so don't know where the away fans usually go.

O'Neills, Beehive, Head of Steam and Sam Jacks all watering holes for away fans

Offline Jonny-LFC

• Kopite
  • Yorkshire Red
« Reply #48 on: December 2, 2015, 01:46:01 pm »

Cheers mate - Sam Jacks is in the Gate isn't it? Will head there about 2 then if that'll be closest the ground and full of reds.
@JonnYNWA

Offline Redman92

• Main Stander
« Reply #49 on: December 2, 2015, 01:53:54 pm »
Yes mate, not too far from ground at all. Usually a mix of fans in Sam Jacks. Expecting to arrive in Newcastle around 12.30 and go straight in O'Neills for first bevvie.

Offline craiglfc7

• Main Stander
    • My twitter
« Reply #50 on: December 4, 2015, 02:30:58 pm »
I've done Newcastle away the last 4/5 years and went to Sam Jacks most times - but would be keen to get somewhere beforehand where there's reds so beehive and O'neills sounds good.
« Last Edit: December 4, 2015, 02:33:46 pm by craiglfc7 »

Offline lfclfclfclfclfc5

• Main Stander
« Reply #51 on: December 5, 2015, 12:53:14 pm »
Very bad weather conditions around Newcastle on Sat/Sun lots of train disruptions   :(

Offline andy07

• Shat himself
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #52 on: December 5, 2015, 01:12:38 pm »
Darlington is a good bet for the train, plenty of parking and gets you in and out with no hassle.
We are Loyal Supporters

Offline LFC_1981

• Legacy Fan
  • The Glory round Anfield Road!
« Reply #53 on: December 5, 2015, 03:26:44 pm »

Going to try these out, nice one.

I'm startying over so I'll be going out tonight, hopefully it's s good night out that people say it is.

Offline Stubbins

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #54 on: December 5, 2015, 04:11:22 pm »
Very bad weather conditions around Newcastle on Sat/Sun lots of train disruptions   :(

Easing tonight apparently. Better day all round forecast tomorrow so hopefully it'll help with the travel plans.

Offline NA_

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #55 on: December 5, 2015, 07:37:36 pm »
Hope the pitch isn't waterlogged!

Offline Trev20

• Wool
  • Legacy Fan
  • I am not!
« Reply #56 on: December 6, 2015, 09:59:47 am »
Storm Desmond is causing plenty of disruption.

Offline Redman92

• Main Stander
« Reply #57 on: December 6, 2015, 12:56:25 pm »
Quick heads up lads, Oneills 8s now called Victoria Comet, in there now. Few reds kicking about

Offline Shanklygates

• This is not a Custom Title.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The runaway train.....
« Reply #58 on: July 6, 2017, 01:05:01 pm »
 >:( >:(
http://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/it-might-wake-east-stand-12765173

they are one of the reasons it was brought in!!

Interesting some of their fans want the away end closer to improve the atmosphere too
We are a team of one half.

Offline Gavinho

• RAWK Supporter
  • Main Stander
  • JFT97
« Reply #59 on: March 24, 2018, 08:03:53 pm »
Looks like the away section will be up in the gods again next season:

https://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/newcastle-not-move-away-fans-14375744

Offline RedPat

• Legacy Fan
  • Kenny Godglish
« Reply #60 on: March 24, 2018, 08:38:17 pm »
Looks like the away section will be up in the gods again next season:

https://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/newcastle-not-move-away-fans-14375744
This is actually good news allocation wise as I feared their generous away allocation might have being reduced if they were forced to move away fans.
Kenny Godglish

Offline Shanklygates

• This is not a Custom Title.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The runaway train.....
« Reply #61 on: March 24, 2018, 10:51:03 pm »
It is farcical though that the PL create a "rule" then don't enforce it. It is not a rule then, and you could argue gives Newc an unfair advantage.

I don't get how moving us to a lower tier represents a safety issue when we go in opposite home fans to the lower tier in that end, and they have a Police/steward line afterwards (until we get past the ground into the car park or road) ::) What is the issue??

Given that Sunderland moves us the other way round - from the bottom to the top tier, and their partitions are just gaps not railings.....  :-\ :wanker
We are a team of one half.

Online 1964allezallezallez

• Main Stander
« Reply #62 on: March 16, 2019, 02:39:30 pm »
Any views on buying a ticket in the home section? I’m female (in case that makes a difference).

Offline Craig67

• Main Stander
« Reply #63 on: March 17, 2019, 07:18:44 pm »
I've been in the home section at St James a couple of times. Never had any problems - obviously respectful of the fact that I'm in the home end, but must have been obvious a couple of times and no-one bothered us. Could just have been lucky, dunno.

Offline redgriffin73

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Thanks for everything Rafa. Nunca Caminarás Solo.
« Reply #64 on: March 17, 2019, 08:15:59 pm »
Any views on buying a ticket in the home section? I’m female (in case that makes a difference).

I'd have thought you'd be fine so long as you don't take the piss of course. You can join in with all their Rafa songs too!
Rafa Benitez: "I'll always keep in my heart the good times I've had here, the strong and loyal support of the fans in the tough times and the love from Liverpool. I have no words to thank you enough for all these years and I am very proud to say that I was your manager. Thank you so much once more and always remember: You'll never walk alone."

Offline DangerScouse

• "You picked on the wrong city!"
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #65 on: March 17, 2019, 08:34:07 pm »
They didn't take too kindly to some of our fans being in the away section at Anfield in 2014. There were a few slaps dished out.

Home fans will be different I suspect, and you can be assured you won't be the only one, if it's a potential decider. ;)

Offline Suarez325

• Kopite
  • Road End Whopper
« Reply #66 on: April 23, 2019, 01:20:15 pm »
Anyone else going without a ticket? Any ideas on where to watch it?

Offline stuarth810

• Kemlynite
  • Sing sing sing, dont just sit sit sit
« Reply #67 on: April 25, 2019, 06:46:09 pm »

I can imagine the Newcastle fans are pretty ok. I live up that way now and they are all good lads.
Just don’t go in the gallowgate end

Offline stuarth810

• Kemlynite
« Reply #68 on: April 25, 2019, 06:47:01 pm »
Anyone else going without a ticket? Any ideas on where to watch it?

Lots and lots of pubs in the city centre

Offline stuarth810

• Kemlynite
« Reply #69 on: April 25, 2019, 06:48:51 pm »

Offline Stubbins

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #70 on: April 26, 2019, 12:20:10 pm »
Newcastle Evening Chronicle reporting on the huge demand for tickets for our match and the fact that it's the most important match the Toon have played for some time. They've also reported NUFC's position regarding Toon fans selling their tickets on and the possible repercussions arising from that and any Reds found in the 'home' sections. For the first time in living memory I haven't been able to get a ticket in our end for this, but a Geordie mate & ST holder has passed me his ticket, though I'm under strict instructions to keep a low profile. The question is, will my lucky red jesters hat give me away do you think?

For those travelling without a ticket. Yes, loads of bars in town of course, but the Crows Nest in the Haymarket always seems to have a sizeable contingent of Reds in whenever we're on tv.

Offline kopitenkw

• lemurphobic
  • Kopite
« Reply #71 on: April 27, 2019, 11:20:10 pm »
How long does it take to get out of the ground from the away end (3rd tier)? There is a train I could get next Saturday from Newcastle station at 9.58pm and Google Maps says it is a 14 mins walk from St. James Park to the train station. So that's doable, just. But it may not be depending on how long it is going to take just to get out of the ground.
« Last Edit: April 28, 2019, 08:55:18 am by kopitenkw »

Offline cormorant

• Legacy Fan
  • We had Shankly and the Kop at Liverpool...
« Reply #72 on: April 28, 2019, 09:34:55 am »
How long does it take to get out of the ground from the away end (3rd tier)? There is a train I could get next Saturday from Newcastle station at 9.58pm and Google Maps says it is a 14 mins walk from St. James Park to the train station. So that's doable, just. But it may not be depending on how long it is going to take just to get out of the ground.

Hi. Your only realistic chance of catching the 9:58pm train would be to leave the game early. It takes a good 5-10 mins to get down to ground level from the away end, then there are way too many people making their way out of the stadium to make that walk time to the station do-able if you leave at full time.
« Last Edit: April 28, 2019, 09:37:02 am by cormorant »
The fans here are the greatest in the land. They know the game and they know what they want to see. The people on the Kop make you feel great - yet humble. I'm just one of the people...

Offline kopitenkw

• lemurphobic
  • Kopite
« Reply #73 on: April 28, 2019, 10:30:21 am »
Hi. Your only realistic chance of catching the 9:58pm train would be to leave the game early. It takes a good 5-10 mins to get down to ground level from the away end, then there are way too many people making their way out of the stadium to make that walk time to the station do-able if you leave at full time.

I thought that might be the case. Thanks for the information.

Offline gerrard88

• Legacy Fan
  • Justice for the 96
« Reply #74 on: April 28, 2019, 11:16:08 am »

Yeah i agree you would have to leave early! If you are out of the ground by 9.40 you would probably make it if you have a little jog on to  the station
Allez Allez Allez

Offline xRedmanLFCx

• Legacy Fan
  • Of the glory, round the fields, of Anfield Road!
« Reply #75 on: April 29, 2022, 09:51:37 am »
Best pub these days pre match?
I always said we had the best two teams on Merseyside… Liverpool and Liverpool Reserves.