Author Topic: That's it, we've had it with the (insert stand name here)  (Read 57370 times)

Offline gregorio

• Loves Chelsea's staff.
  • Legacy Fan
  • At this particular moment in time
That's it, we've had it with the (insert stand name here)
« on: October 7, 2012, 11:01:45 pm »
We can cope with the lack of singing
We can bear the away fans drowning out the Kop
We can even just about stomach half the people around us sitting down before the the end of YNWA

But today, today had my daughter begging me to pay the extra £ 25 to sit on the Kop
Every time the Stoke fans struck up one of their 'hilarious' songs about one of our players the woman in front of us had a good old chuckle and nudged the girl next to her. At one point she even joined in with them. This woman was wearing a Liverpool scarf. At half time my 11 yr old politely suggested that she might like to join the away supporters. Sadly this  was not taken up.

Mods, feel free to move, rant over
« Last Edit: November 5, 2012, 01:02:26 pm by The 5th Benitle »
'When they start singing 'You’ll Never Walk Alone' my eyes start to water. There have been times when I’ve actually been crying while I’ve been playing'

Offline Z e u s

• Greek God of Whinging. But for the good of the forum! Son of Moanus and Rhea.
  • Legacy Fan
Re: That's it, we've had it with the Upper Annie Road
« Reply #1 on: October 7, 2012, 11:10:14 pm »
Maybe she was a stoke fan in disguise?

Offline Always_A_Red

• Legacy Fan
  • The reds are coming up the hill boys
« Reply #2 on: October 7, 2012, 11:24:05 pm »
We can even just about stomach half the people around us sitting down before the the end of YNWA

But today, today had my daughter begging me to pay the extra £ 25 to sit on the Kop
Every time the Stoke fans struck up one of their 'hilarious' songs about one of our players the woman in front of us had a good old chuckle and nudged the girl next to her. At one point she even joined in with them. This woman was wearing a Liverpool scarf. At half time my 11 yr old politely suggested that she might like to join the away supporters. Sadly this  was not taken up.

Trust me mate, I was in 305 and it was as shit there as it has been in years. Truly awful.

I even resorted to singing 'We are the famous, 20 Kopites', which seemed to bring some amusement to some, however to me, it was frustrating as hell totry and get some singing going to no avail.

We’ll still finish in top four - and they won’t. You can quote me on this in May.

Offline bornandbRED

• ... an ESL super fan. aka physioSTALKER
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #3 on: October 7, 2012, 11:26:13 pm »
Was only watching it on a shite stream but I couldn't believe how quiet it was. Only thing I heard all game was 'attack, attack, attack' and two very quiet FOAR/PST.

Offline Jrkopite

• Main Stander
« Reply #4 on: October 7, 2012, 11:31:55 pm »

I know exactly what you mean mate, happens all the time and it makes my blood boil. I find myself dreading trips to Anfield now because I know some of our so called fans are gonna wind me up. One game last season a group of lads sat near us spent the whole time moaning at every Liverpool player, never a single word of encouragement and left with ten minutes to go and us chasing a winner! Why bother?
I'm getting to the point where I'm thinking of knocking it on the head and becoming a full time armchair warrior.Away games are much more like it but I can't justify paying way over the odds anymore.
Anyway, keep the faith.

Offline AshTJ

• Kopite
    • www.twitter.com/ashtjay
Seeing as we're complaining about everything else today ..
« Reply #5 on: October 8, 2012, 12:14:07 am »
The pre-match build up.

More specifically spending the first 60 seconds of the game under the flag and the two teams coming out to a tame reading of the visitors line-up.

The scare factor has been leaving Anfield ever increasingly over recent-years, teams used to fear the Anfield roar coming out the tunnel but nowadays there seems to be no routine to scare the shit out of the opposition as they come out like there used to be. For something that can have a massive psychological effect on the oppositions performance, which can be done by the most simplest of planning, we need to make sure YNWA is played as they come out. I've noticed for a while there seems to be no routine, sometimes come out to nothing, sometimes the EPL theme tune, sometimes YNWA, but today was just really really downheartening - the atmosphere around the ground  as they came out. I think it reflected in the rest of the game not on the pitch nescecerilly but in the stands. The flag I wasnt really bothered about but I just thought it was mentionable as it ties in nicely with my point that there's no real pre-match routine or planning anymore to intimidate opposition players, not like there used to be.
Twitter - @ashtjay
Youtube - www.youtube.com/user/ashtjproductions

Offline iwear no colours

• which helps with the washing a hell of a lot, let me tell you
  • Anny Roader
« Reply #6 on: October 8, 2012, 12:23:34 am »
It's been like that up there for years
It's like being in the Odeon
up and down for a drink up and down for a pee
They should sell popcorn and icecream and have cushioned velvet seats
Make them all feel at home

Offline Paul-LFC

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7 on: October 8, 2012, 12:26:03 am »
Atmosphere was terrible today even in the Kop, lots around me didn't even bother to sing YNWA, at the very least usually the vast majority sing that if nothing else, but today even that didn't happen.

Online peachybum

• orangeyface
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8 on: October 8, 2012, 12:33:24 am »
We've only won twice at Anfield in 2012. Thats going to kill an atmosphere and people will go to games with a negative feeling just sitting and waiting for the team to do something. Its shows how great our support is that people are still turning up even if they aren't singing.
I wanna be like Jurgen Klopp

Offline Garstonite

• Scouse Wash House
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9 on: October 8, 2012, 12:34:22 am »
In the words of Alan Partridge: "I just hate the general public."

Most people in this world are tits. The fact they have an allegiance with Liverpool Football Club doesn't change that.

Offline ThepepeReina

• Space Cadet with a monoflatulent other half
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #10 on: October 8, 2012, 01:09:36 am »

Most people in this world are tits. The fact they have an allegiance with Liverpool Football Club doesn't change that.
Some positivity, i like it  ;)
Gamertag - GOUGHYlegend
I aint got time to bleed

Offline J-Mc-

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #11 on: October 8, 2012, 01:13:54 am »
Same in the lower annie road against Udinese.

Tried to get a few songs going all game and just got snarled by half the fuckers around me, didn't give a fuck and crried on, few lads at the back joined in but got nowhere.

Main thing that pissed me off was some fella sitting 2 rows infront of me, about 12-13 rows up from the pitch, in clear fucking hesring distance of Coates "Go back to Uruguay, you're fucking shit you lanky  c*nt, call that a fucking header dickhead!?" Right after the OG and Coates head hanging like a fucking plant basket in the rain.

Thankfully some fella closer than me bollocked him and the lad fucked off out the ground, if you won't support us when we're losing, don't bother turning up when we're winning. Gobshites.

Offline Matt8Pie

• Boris Johnson's speech writer. Seeks vindication for slating players, the very definition of "supporter". Still doesn't get it.
  • Legacy Fan
  • YANKS OUT
« Reply #12 on: October 8, 2012, 01:33:49 am »

Brilliant.
http://www.twitter.com/matt8pie

Offline Kansti

• Legacy Fan
  • Stargazer
« Reply #13 on: October 8, 2012, 03:10:07 am »
Anfield has lost its magic.

Offline Zapata316

• Kopite
  • Justice for the 96
« Reply #14 on: October 8, 2012, 04:47:21 am »
Anfield and football in general has lost its magic.  I still follow it but my heart isn't really in it anymore.  When I manage to get to Anfield I try to sing my heart out but end up in a sea of silence.  Sad times for the beautiful game.

Offline Red Reign

• Anny Roader
  • Get Busy Livin' or Get Busy Dyin'.
That's it, we've had it with the Upper Annie Road
« Reply #15 on: October 8, 2012, 06:38:31 am »
"We'll be singing, when we're winning. We'll be singing...."

I'd wager a quid or two that if the master plan ever comes to fruition and Liverpool regain their powerhouse status that they'll be singing their hearts out every game. Even the worlds greatest fans need motivation.
“Just go out and drop a few hand grenades all over the place son.” - Bill Shankly

Offline Jrkopite

• Main Stander
« Reply #16 on: October 8, 2012, 07:32:38 am »

Haha! If Partridge was at that game he'd be shaking his head saying"this country, you people!"

Offline aggerdid

• Reads the subtitles on "Queer as Folk" from right to left
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #17 on: October 8, 2012, 08:37:07 am »
I was working till 3 yesterday so couldnt go but if i get a good atmosphere nowadays it means more than the result to me. Like against man u yeah we'd lost and been robbed but we had a good time singing along. I was in the annie road upper for the arsenal game and someone might as well have castrated me. I'd say that was my worst ever experience at anfield. Surrounded by daytrippers giggling at arsenal songs. Its ok being born in whateveristan and going the match as long as you study the culture before you go and stop trying to ruin mine and naturally you must defend the club. These nutters are happy just to go to anfield irrespective of the result. Scum.
We must embrace pain and burn it as fuel for our journey - Kenji Miyazawa

Offline Brentieke

• Vote King Hendo. Beaker's panic gif was modelled on his coupon. A seer & visionary - he saw how shite we are.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #18 on: October 8, 2012, 09:19:56 am »
It's a minor matter, but I hate that YNWA is now sung just before kick off.

It used to be that players would have their names sung by the Kop before kick off, a nice boost to the confidence. I much prefer that to a rushed YNWA that feels forced.
My blog on Corruption in English Football and LFC Analysis.

http://diminbeirut.typepad.com/my-blog/

https://twitter.com/DimmyBad

Online Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #19 on: October 8, 2012, 09:21:25 am »
Haha! If Partridge was at that game he'd be shaking his head saying"this country, you people!"

"You're not listening, I'm goigng home"

Offline stevie_b

• Main Stander
  • <!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.0 Transi
« Reply #20 on: October 8, 2012, 09:23:58 am »
It has been getting worse and worse the atmosphere on the Kop, fans not singing, two different songs and sometimes three different songs being sung at once, songs being sung at 100 mile an hour making it difficult for some fans to keep up, fans not singing in time with other fans and then idiots wanting to sing that shit we're not racist song every home game! Becoming a joke
come on without, come on with in, you ain't seen nothing like the mighty Emlyn

Offline nickyd186

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #21 on: October 8, 2012, 09:37:35 am »
It's been getting like this on the kop now for last few years before I got my st I used to get tickets in the kop wherever was available and quite a lot of the time you'd have ST holders sat there talking to people around um about there week rather than supporting the team and whenever you joined in the singing you got looked at like a piece of shit. Personally I think the club should write to all st holders and offer them the chance to move to other areas of the ground at the same price as the kop and let ppl who want to sing n shout be all together.
What we achieve in life, echos in eternity

Offline Fat Scouser

• Trolley Dolly with a 54 2/3 inch waist - last seen shopping on Scottie Road for speedos. Is just a bit.....you know.....
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #22 on: October 8, 2012, 09:49:35 am »
I'd had enough years back. I was hoping to start going again this season. Clean slate, fresh start and all that. I was really looking forward to going the match again. Things conspired to stop me. I'm sort of glad about that now. Sitting in Anfield, thinking about how it used to be and looking at how it is, just depresses the fuck out of me.

Everytime I went, I seen less and less of me old mates. Most of them have stopped going, and it's not because of the football or the price of the tickets. They're aul fellas. They feel like me when they go, and eventually packed it in.

It's not about locals or oots. It's about the modern game and football tourists. It's bollocksed, and it'll only get worse if we get better on the pitch. Prices will go up, more and more, gloryhunters and tourists will turn up, demanding to be entertained.

I take me hat off to the people that go week in week out, and I applaud them for it. But I can't do it. Booing the draw against West Ham, and some beaked up dickheads from Liverpool, singing "You're getting sacked in the morning" to Rafa at Portsmouth away, when he most needed our support, done for me.

I was getting into arguments, near punch ups, with our own "supporters" more or less everytime I went. I'm too old for that malarkey, and I wouldn't have wanted to do it when I was younger, anyway. But I just couldn't stop meself kicking off on them. It stopped me missus going with me, and she used to love the Euro aways. But in the end I just stopped going meself.

It's 2 seasons since I've been now. I was really dying to go, but watching that game on tv again last night, and listening to the crowd, I can't say I'm sorry I couldn't make it.
« Last Edit: October 8, 2012, 09:52:25 am by Fat Scouser »
"A peasant you are. A peasant you will remain. And we shall use all our wealth and power, to make your lot even worse and keep you exactly where you are, Bondage!"    The Boy King, Richard II, after  putting down the The Peasants Revolt in 1381.

http://misterinobody.weebly.com/

Offline DonkeyWan

• ker. Football Genius, Generously gives Young Jürgen pointers to help him improve.
  • Legacy Fan
  • I never met a man who wasn't...
« Reply #23 on: October 8, 2012, 09:51:19 am »
Stoke fans were shit though

"Your not famous anymore"
Dole songs. Championship songs. Then celebrating like they had won the cup when they scratch a 0-0 draw without even touching the ball for the second half.
Beatings will continue until morale improves...

Offline Beerbelly

• Main Stander
« Reply #24 on: October 8, 2012, 09:54:02 am »
I don't really see the problem with a couple of girls laughing at hilarious songs. I really don't know what the songs were about or if they were indeed hilarious as you state but if they were i would say get a grip. Liverpool have been the up there with the best at times singing amusing songs as is well documented in this forum. Don't lets take the fun away from the game and going the match. like the earlier poster suggested maybe they were two naughty forty girls from stoke who had snuck in with a red and white bar scarf on as cover....

Offline Fat Scouser

• Trolley Dolly with a 54 2/3 inch waist - last seen shopping on Scottie Road for speedos. Is just a bit.....you know.....
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #25 on: October 8, 2012, 09:56:55 am »

Dole songs. Championship songs. Then celebrating like they had won the cup when they scratch a 0-0 draw without even touching the ball for the second half.
They've always been like that. I can't stand them, but they're loud and they get behind their team, even if their songs are cack and the football's even worse.
"A peasant you are. A peasant you will remain. And we shall use all our wealth and power, to make your lot even worse and keep you exactly where you are, Bondage!"    The Boy King, Richard II, after  putting down the The Peasants Revolt in 1381.

Offline finnansounderrated

• Main Stander
« Reply #26 on: October 8, 2012, 10:04:32 am »

The Britannia stadiums atmosphere on a Saturday is intimidating. What we miss at Anfield.  Too many tourists on a Saturday.  Im not sure what effect the increased capacity will have - im thinking it will be more tourists as opposed to initiatives to get locals going again.  All I know is that some of the best atmospheres I have ever witnessed were under Rafa, Euro nights.  Best nights of my life.

Im not against tourism and I appreciate the input to the Anfield and Liverpool economy as a whole but we totally lack the 12th man on a Saturday.

Offline spider-neil

• Can watch 30 games in a day. He's not Spidey - he's Sway!
  • Legacy Fan
  • does whatever a spider can, spins a web any size
« Reply #27 on: October 8, 2012, 10:11:39 am »
All well and good moaning about the atmosphere but what can we do to change it? Win? Dancing girls? Mascots?
I think a lot of people now these days view going to the game akin to going to the cinema, i.e. they want to be entertained, when they are entertained then they'll think about singing.

Offline Fat Scouser

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #28 on: October 8, 2012, 10:16:54 am »
The Britannia stadiums atmosphere on a Saturday is intimidating. What we miss at Anfield.  Too many tourists on a Saturday.  Im not sure what effect the increased capacity will have - im thinking it will be more tourists as opposed to initiatives to get locals going again.  All I know is that some of the best atmospheres I have ever witnessed were under Rafa, Euro nights.  Best nights of my life.

Im not against tourism and I appreciate the input to the Anfield and Liverpool economy as a whole but we totally lack the 12th man on a Saturday.
That's the problem in a nutshell. And it's easily solved, but it would cost money. So, it's not going to happen.

Offline Jrkopite

• Main Stander
« Reply #29 on: October 8, 2012, 10:17:51 am »
It's worse for us oldies I reckon, because we know what it used to be like.
But really it's life in general isn't it? I used to love going out to the piccies but if I ever go now I end up moaning about how light it is, how expensive it is, why can't people stop talking during the film, how small is that screen, blah blah blah.
I've given up on that maybe its my time to give up on going to the match and leave it to the younguns. Thing is I love it when you see the old fans at Anfield, imagine the great times they've seen. Me mums eighty now and she's still going. Having said that,
what we definitely do need is something like the old Boys Pen. Get the kids in before it's too late. Do you ever see groups of youngsters at the match these days?

Offline Fat Scouser

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #30 on: October 8, 2012, 10:19:15 am »
All well and good moaning about the atmosphere but what can we do to change it? Win? Dancing girls? Mascots?

No. Pay on the gate for a singing section done at the front of the kop. With a cheap boys pen next to it, to get the next generation in. But it would cost the club/owners money, so it's not going to happen.

Online west_london_red

• Knows his stuff - pull the udder one! RAWK's Dairy Queen.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • watching me? but whose watching you watching me?
« Reply #31 on: October 8, 2012, 10:38:35 am »
No. Pay on the gate for a singing section done at the front of the kop. With a cheap boys pen next to it, to get the next generation in. But it would cost the club/owners money, so it's not going to happen.

but then you get into the circular agrument about 'i have been to x games last season so I deserve a ticket more then them' (whoever them is) which also hold some merit too.
Thinking is overrated.
The mind is a tool, it's not meant to be used that much.
Rest, love, observe. Laugh.

Offline scatman

• Slutty enough to make Jordan blush - and hard enough to piss in the wrong bush! Missing a shift key.
  • Legacy Fan
  • This is my world, you just WORK here :D
    • directions to football stadiums
« Reply #32 on: October 8, 2012, 10:45:50 am »
it's not just at Anfield, seems most home grounds in the country are the same, away fans outsing the home fans. Surprisingly the Nou Camp was unbelievably loud last night, not heard it like that in years
Would sacrifice Fordy in a sacred Mayan ritual to have him as the next Liverpool manager
Football stadiums in England

Offline macca007

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #33 on: October 8, 2012, 10:48:41 am »
I'd love to see one game que at the ground to get in. No season tickets. Make sure you get in early or else you don't get in and see what happens.

Offline Jrkopite

• Main Stander
« Reply #34 on: October 8, 2012, 10:50:56 am »
Pay on the gate is the only way to fix things. I'm one of the 70,000 or however many it is members who have to order tickets months in advance so the club can get the interest on our money. I'd much rather take my chances on the day like we used to. Would help the atmosphere as well, if you're in the ground early what else can you do but have a sing song?

Offline Fat Scouser

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #35 on: October 8, 2012, 10:55:29 am »
but then you get into the circular agrument about 'i have been to x games last season so I deserve a ticket more then them' (whoever them is) which also hold some merit too.
No. No arguments. Pay on the gate, first come, first served. Loyalty vouchers and so on, for away games could be handed out on the gate.

It's easy to make an argument against that. It's easy to make an argument against any suggestion. But if something isn't done, it'll be completely bollocksed. We've already lost a generation of local youngsters. That's not an OOT/Local argument. The fact is, local kids are the mainstay of any club. If we want generations of match going Kopites we can't lose another generation. Some people will say it's too late. Believe me, if we got relegated, they'd find a way to bring back the old fellas that threw the towel in and the next generation.

Offline rtdh

• "Just call me daddy!"
  • Main Stander
« Reply #36 on: October 8, 2012, 10:55:34 am »
Anfield and football in general has lost its magic.  I still follow it but my heart isn't really in it anymore.  When I manage to get to Anfield I try to sing my heart out but end up in a sea of silence.  Sad times for the beautiful game.

Sorry but i disagree, Anfield was unbelieveable before the united match, and with teams like Stoke, you know they are gonna park the bus, so the longer the game goes on, frustration sets in. Footy defo hasn't lost its magic, and if you don't believe in what Rogers is doing then i feel sorry for ya. We will get there under him, i think some are forgetting the massive difference he has already made.

Offline Riedles Reds

• Kopite
« Reply #37 on: October 8, 2012, 10:56:08 am »

I used to sit in the upper annie road myself but was moved this season into the paddock as my brothers ticket was moved up to an adult instead of a child. Have been at every home game this season and the atmosphere in the paddock is the worst i've heard. Was there on thursday against Udinese and most of the people around me spent the entire 90 mins watching Udinese's fans instead of the match.

Yesterday was terrible for atmosphere, at half time I overheard two people behind me, a dad and his daughter from London. They must have been about 50 and 25. They were moaning about how bad the atmosphere was, they were right, but twenty minutes earlier a few of us were singing all round the fields of anfield road and they sat there silent and didn't have a clue. It's as if they expected there to be a atmosphere and they'd just be able to just soak it in. It's something I've just gotten used to, our home support is shite.

I've been lucky enough to go blackburn away a few times and it's totally different, getting up at six and getting back in at about two in the morning, the atmosphere is always great and its a great day out, plenty of drinks, plenty of laughs and you meet loads of characters. The away support is the true support of the club. The home support is shite and I don't think there is an easy way to solve it and it does my head in. Just wish there was a way to get in on the away tickets. You always need something like 13 away games recorded on your season ticket to be eligible for a ticket.

Offline AJL

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • This time one year, we'll be the Champions again
« Reply #38 on: October 8, 2012, 10:58:19 am »
It doesnt help in the Upper Annie when the club sell the tickets the way they do.  Members with history in the first sale stuck out on the wings and then when its opened to all members or General they sell the more central blocks.

I've said it before that there are are a lot of fellas up there who have been and seen it all before over the years, and they have moved into the Upper Annie in order to be able to take their own kids to the game.  These blokes were on the Kop 15 or 20 years ago and were part of the 'Famous Kop', its obvious to me from being up there every week that some of these blokes are still keen and are trying desperately to bring their kids up that same way.  Unfortunately we are scattered all over the Upper Annie and accompanied by a massive influx of day trippers who are more interested in 'being there' rather than supporting the team in the way that we are used to.

I understand the scenario with the way the tickets are sold per block on the Kop, and defo feel that the same problem is happening in the Upper Annie, if the club consulted the fans and sold the tickets accordingly, they would create an atmosphere in the UA for sure.

"For a player to be good enough to play for Liverpool, he must be prepared to run through a brick wall for me then come out fighting on the other side"

#JFT96

Offline Fat Scouser

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #39 on: October 8, 2012, 10:58:59 am »
I'd love to see one game que at the ground to get in. No season tickets. Make sure you get in early or else you don't get in and see what happens.
No. You've got to have season tickets. It's unfeasible not to. I'd like a standing singing, pay on the gate section. But that's not going to happen, either.