Author Topic: Arsenal  (Read 5718243 times)

Offline Gods_Left_Boot

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: General Arsenal Thread
« Reply #40920 on: January 6, 2017, 12:01:50 am »
Korea beat Italy fair and square.  Talk about a bad loser.  I bet you're still bitter over 1966 too.

HAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAAHAAAHAHHAHHAAHHHAAA!!!!!!!!!!!

Five days into the year we already have the best joke of 2017. It simply won't be possible to top this.
September 12, 2012:Truth today, justice tomorrow.

Oliver Kay ‏@OliverKayTimes
Those who've campaigned for the truth on Hillsborough were once a suppressed minority. Now the minority are those left clinging to the lies.

My idea was to build Liverpool into a bastion of invincibility. Napoleon had that idea. He wanted to conquer the bloody world.

Offline jooneyisdagod

• Doesn't like having pussy round the house
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #40921 on: January 6, 2017, 05:38:29 am »
Ty from Arsenal Fan TV arguing with 14 year old kids in the street :lmao :lmao

https://twitter.com/DanieIAFC/status/817054173959168000

Then Claude shows up and tells him to grow up

https://twitter.com/DanieIAFC/status/817077587675611136

Fucking hilarious, the best part is, Ty reveals he's 46 years old. And he dresses like that...

Arsenal fan tv is car crash video at its finest. :lmao

Arguing with a bunch of school kids. :lmao

Ty definitely needs to grow up.
Quote from: Dion Fanning

The chants for Kenny Dalglish that were heard again on Wednesday do not necessarily mean that the fans see him as the saviour. This is not Newcastle, longing for the return of Kevin Keegan. Simply, Dalglish represents everything Hodgson is not and, in fairness, everything Hodgson could or would not hope to be.

Online child-in-time

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #40922 on: January 6, 2017, 08:09:23 am »
Nobody has ever said he's as good as Suarez, have they? He's on course to score about 25 goals and add 15 assists. I don't think that's been done for a long time. He's clearly one of the best players in the league.
He is not going to score 25 and assist 15 more. He will tail off with the season passing by.
We shall meet in the place where there is no darkness.

Offline MagicHat

• Seeks SingleBunny For Professional Relationship And Cosy Nights In
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #40923 on: January 6, 2017, 10:03:21 am »
Fair enough  :thumbup That's a huge problem for a team with aspirations to have. I wonder what's the root cause of it.

Well it was a stupid thing to do in the circumstances, something you wouldn't see from the type of successful club that Arsenal should aspire to be like. It may have been a small thing, but marginal gains, etc. I guess the "outrage" is because it encapsulates one of Wenger's biggest failings - that lack of killer instinct that has seen worse teams (on paper) outperform them. Even back when you were good, there were times when worse Man Utd teams would pip you to the title (I'm thinking 1999 & 2003 in particular) precisely because they wanted to win so much more than Arsenal. That mentality, which the celebration epitomised, is an actual problem in my opinion.

We are very good at getting late goals, fighting to the end, keep up relelentless pressure in all sorts of games but if we are in a "come back from 3-0 first leg" situation, yeah something is wrong.

Clearly the effort to claw way back seems to take a lot of energy which runs out, a bit of nerves perhaps as we seem to forget what allowed us to get back into it. It is less obvious then when Arteta was at club but once we get to that crunch point where glory awaits after comeback, we perhaps freeze. The club does lack a certain ruthlessness from board, manager and players, we would quite like the league and we are well set in all areas (I may call for Wenger to go but that doesn't mean he isn't a good manager) but not sure we really hunger for it. Or perhaps we don't believe rather then lack hunger among players.
« Last Edit: January 6, 2017, 11:27:06 am by MagicHat »

Online Barneylfc∗

• Cross-dressing man-bag wielding golfer. Wannabe Mod. Coprophiliac. Would like to buy an airline seat if he could. Known 'grass'. Wants to go home to He-Man
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #40924 on: January 6, 2017, 12:18:47 pm »
Ty from Arsenal Fan TV arguing with 14 year old kids in the street :lmao :lmao

https://twitter.com/DanieIAFC/status/817054173959168000

Then Claude shows up and tells him to grow up

https://twitter.com/DanieIAFC/status/817077587675611136

Fucking hilarious, the best part is, Ty reveals he's 46 years old. And he dresses like that...

The absolute state of Claude in that first video. What made him think he looks OK to leave the house dressed like a tramp?
Craig Burnley V West Ham - WEST HAM WIN - INCORRECT

Offline Chivasino

• educated whopper
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #40925 on: January 6, 2017, 12:25:30 pm »
As hilarious as these two are I think it's a bit dangerous. I might be over-the-top with 'dangerous' but hopefully you get my point.

Pretty sure Claude was threatening to commit suicide at some point in 2015 and in bits live on Periscope.

Ty doesn't seem all there as well.

Offline Xabi Gerrard

• WHERE IS MY VOTE?
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #40926 on: January 6, 2017, 05:39:47 pm »
As hilarious as these two are I think it's a bit dangerous. I might be over-the-top with 'dangerous' but hopefully you get my point.

Pretty sure Claude was threatening to commit suicide at some point in 2015 and in bits live on Periscope.

Ty doesn't seem all there as well.

Yeah I know what you mean, although I'd use the word "wrong" rather than "dangerous". On the surface it's bloody hilarious but when you know that Claude has mental health issues and I suspect that Ty has some sort of mild intellectual disability, watching them explode after games becomes a bit Victorian Freakshow-ish.

To be fair to ArsenalFan TV they did an excellent piece in summer with the presenter and Claude having a discussion about depression, which I thought was great for raising awareness of an issue which still carries a lot of stigma. Someone posted a link a few pages back.

That blud/fam guy is still great for guilt free entertainment value though.

Offline hixxstar

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dont Worry I'm From The Internet
« Reply #40927 on: January 6, 2017, 11:27:09 pm »
off topic a bit here.... But some things in life are are bigger than football..

A 16-year-old rugby player Tom Carus from Leyland could have died after a freak accident on the pitch - but for a trauma doctor in the crowd who saved his life.
When Wenger and star striker Alexis Sanchez heard the 16-year-old from Leyland was an avid Gunners fan,
they both sent touching “get well” messages to help his brave fightback from brain and open heart surgery.
Tomorrow at Deepdale (PNE Vs Arsenal) Tom & his father will have vip seats behind the arsenal dugout & meet the team before the match
i thought it was a touch of class from wenger & sanchez... this kid lives not far from me & i hear wenger actually phoned him in private..

http://www.lep.co.uk/sport/football/preston-north-end/teenager-to-says-thanks-to-wenger-for-sickbed-message-1-8321949
Shanks on Leaving Liverpool FC

"It was the most difficult thing in the world, when I went to tell the chairman........ It was like walking to the electric chair.... That's the way it felt."

Online Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Michael Sheen is the actual Prince of 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
« Reply #40928 on: January 7, 2017, 12:03:15 am »
that's cool :)

Arsene Wenger has a lot of class.

Online rawcusk8

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #40929 on: January 7, 2017, 01:49:29 am »
that's cool :)

Arsene Wenger has a lot of class.
Met him briefly, a real gent.
“If you even dream of beating me you'd better wake up and apologize.” - muhammad ali

Offline deFacto please, you bastards

• Apologies if I haven't responded to every post in every thread yet, I'm trying hard. farKnow.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #40930 on: January 7, 2017, 01:50:31 am »
He's a class act, he's stagnated as a manager, and I understand the frustration by their fans at certain points, but they will miss him tremendously and some of the abuse he gets is unwarranted. He changed that entire football club and it's place in English history

Offline ToneLa

• you know the rules but I make the game.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • I AM FURIOUS, RED (STILL)
« Reply #40931 on: January 7, 2017, 03:31:24 am »
Wenger is lovely, and the problem they have is who eventually replaces him... The top,top managers seem mostly longterm taken. Wenger is top, probably not elite... But he's gonna be a legend for them. The Invincibles alone will see to that.

But they will miss him big-time, and I'm not sure they have the financial structure / freedom to do a quick all-star squad rebuild like yer typical manager would do.

It's gonna be scary for them post Wenger, and even though they're our rivals, I respect the fuck out of him.

Offline thelinnen

• Tepid Water Lite. Serial Moaner
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #40932 on: January 7, 2017, 03:54:15 pm »
They will struggle tremendously when they are forced to overhaul the current hierarchy, we did, United did. It's just a consequence of having such a long serving manager, if his replacement finished in the top four the following season that would be a massive achievement.
Then in the midddle out pops a smiling glen johnson pulling up his jersey to reveal a t-shirt of suarez with a text saying. "OUR SUAREZ IS A FRIEND TO ALL COLOURS!"

Offline PaulF

• https://www.justgiving.com/fundraising/paulfelce
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Nothing feels as good as fat tastes.
« Reply #40933 on: January 7, 2017, 06:09:51 pm »
You have to assume they've been stockpiling cash ready for a new manager. The new boss will be inheriting a decent squad too ( presuming most of the current players stay).
If Wenger takes a position upstairs, it would probably do the next manager a huge favour if Wenger took a couple of years out.  Maybe best all round for Wenger to take a well paid ambassador role, rather than DOF type.
"All the lads have been talking about is walking out in front of the Kop, with 40,000 singing 'You'll Never Walk Alone'," Collins told BBC Radio Solent. "All the money in the world couldn't buy that feeling," he added.

• Apologies if I haven't responded to every post in every thread yet, I'm trying hard. farKnow.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #40934 on: January 7, 2017, 11:52:43 pm »
They're reports that if Ozil and Sanchez leave, they'll bring in Reus. And that would be a great signing imo but they're back to square one, because they've lost two quality players, they wouldn't be moving anywhere really. Having all 3 would be something else

Offline cornelius

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • "Beware the beast man, for he is the Devil's pawn"
« Reply #40935 on: January 8, 2017, 12:39:10 am »
they'll bring in Reus.
Can't see it to be honest.

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #40936 on: January 8, 2017, 12:51:16 am »
Can't see it to be honest.

The Telegraph and the Guardian have been reporting it [albeit the Telegraph has fallen off in terms of it's reporting at times]

Online Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Michael Sheen is the actual Prince of 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
« Reply #40937 on: January 8, 2017, 01:43:42 am »
not sure if Reus would leave Dortmund for Arsenal.

He's ignored advances from bigger and better.

While others around him at BvB have left for bigger riches, Reus is a loyal Dortmund boy. 

Offline please, I have my reasons for it but...

• In the grander scheme of things, most definitely has meaning and most definitely has purpose. History Maker.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #40938 on: January 8, 2017, 05:17:44 am »
Reus at Arsenal will just spend all his contract sitting in the hospital.
Finished at the age of 26. The Mike Tyson of football.

Follow me on twitter: http://twitter.com/omar_12590

Offline sinnermichael

• I copy other people's photoshops and twitter posts and texts and pretend they're mine.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #40939 on: January 8, 2017, 05:12:19 pm »
Bid £56m for Bellotti according to Torino's president. Turned down obviously.

Online tonysleft

• Legacy Fan
  • A manc
« Reply #40940 on: January 8, 2017, 05:16:22 pm »
Torino should have been snapping their hand off for the next Immobile.
Great chiefs and great loves in obliterated light

Offline sinnermichael

• I copy other people's photoshops and twitter posts and texts and pretend they're mine.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #40941 on: January 8, 2017, 07:58:30 pm »
Ozil says him staying at Arsenal depends on Wenger signing a new contract.

Offline CrasherKid79

• Crashedandburnedkid2017
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #40942 on: January 9, 2017, 08:34:40 pm »
Ozil says him staying at Arsenal depends on Wenger signing a new contract.

Surely to God the old lad knows this should be his last season? If not he's liable to ruin his legacy and end up being hounded out. If he can't see that then it's worrying for any Gooner fan.

Nobody likes to see people go on too long.

Online whtwht

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #40943 on: January 9, 2017, 08:57:54 pm »
He'll win the league in the next 3 years. Quote me on that.
Quote me on this, but come next season he'll be great for us. Just needs to remove the walking headless chicken next to him

Offline Souness1

• Kopite
  • Lallana is the second coming
« Reply #40944 on: January 10, 2017, 10:36:05 am »
Whats the situation with Wengers contract? is it up at the end of this season?

Offline Ray K

• Loves a shiny helmet. The new IndyKalia.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Truthiness
« Reply #40945 on: January 10, 2017, 01:23:20 pm »
Whats the situation with Wengers contract? is it up at the end of this season?

Yep. 

They've signed left back Cohen Bramall from Hednesford Town though.  These regen names aren't very realistic anymore.  I mean 'Hednesford Town' - who do they think they're fooling?
"We have to change from doubters to believers"

Twitter: @rjkelly75

Offline Ashburton

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #40946 on: January 10, 2017, 03:43:07 pm »
These bids for Belotti/interest in Reus seems like smoke to get Sanchez and Ozil to put pen to paper.  Especially because at their age the club would likely consider cashing in.

He's basically got five months remaining, though I cannot see him walking away.  The club, and his agent are likely waiting for the side to put a good bunch of form together/do something in the cups.  There has been little noise about a new manager, other than Allegri (which he denies), and doubt the fanbase would respond well to another last 16 exit to Munich, a capitulation in the league and FA cup, and then Wenger getting a new deal regardless.

Unfortunately for the club Arsenal has a difficult 'home stretch' in the league, with more away games than most teams, and a congested set of fixtures around the Bayern Munich games.  Unless the side changes its current lethargic style, pressure on Wenger will mount.  The FA cup may be the 'release valve', yet there are plenty of good sides left in it and without playing well pretty much all season, you do hope something 'clicks' soon.

Offline MagicHat

• Seeks SingleBunny For Professional Relationship And Cosy Nights In
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #40947 on: January 11, 2017, 11:58:17 am »
We may get PR battle over Ozil and Sanchez. Some pundits that care for Arsenal and fan groups may well start accusing Ozil (I think his recent statement was due to one such attack) and Sanchez to delaying for reasons of greed. The players will try to avoid fans turning on them by saying they are pro Wenger and won't sign till he stays but agents will try to get as much money as possible while waiting till they know the future direction of the club. As I have said before, Ozil and Sanchez would be foolish to sign up to anything at this stage till they know who is in charge. This would be the case of we won every trophy last season and were currently 50 points clear in the Prem in case we appointed a bad manager in the summer.

Offline Souness1

• Kopite
« Reply #40948 on: January 11, 2017, 12:09:35 pm »
Yep. 

They've signed left back Cohen Bramall from Hednesford Town though.  These regen names aren't very realistic anymore.  I mean 'Hednesford Town' - who do they think they're fooling?

;D is it just me or has not that much been made that Wenger could seriously be going in a few months? I don't take a massive interest in Arsenal but its a big deal whichever way you look at it, considering how long he has been there.

Offline ScottishGoon

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #40949 on: January 11, 2017, 01:00:30 pm »
;D is it just me or has not that much been made that Wenger could seriously be going in a few months? I don't take a massive interest in Arsenal but its a big deal whichever way you look at it, considering how long he has been there.

It's probably because most folk don't really think he'll be going at the end of the season.

Online Chris~

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #40950 on: January 11, 2017, 04:26:19 pm »
I'm probably one of the few who thinks they'd be better off selling Ozil or Sanchez (probably Ozil) and reinvesting in younger attackers even if Wenger signs a new deal.
« Last Edit: January 11, 2017, 04:29:33 pm by Chris~ »

Offline Gerry Attrick

• Sancho's dad. Tight-arse, non-jackpot-sharing get :)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #40951 on: January 11, 2017, 04:27:55 pm »
I'm probably one of the few who thinks they'd be better off selling Ozil or Sanchez (probably Ozil) and teinvesting i  younger attackers even if Wenger signs a new deal.

No way Arsenal can afford to sell Sanchez in my opinion. I think Ozil's very underrated but he's certainly more expendable than Sanchez.

Offline Nessy76

• Shits alone and doesn't condone public self-molestation. Literally Goldenballs' biggest fan
  • Legacy Fan
  • We All Live In A Red And White Klopp
    • Andrew Ness Photographer
« Reply #40952 on: January 11, 2017, 04:47:08 pm »
I'm probably one of the few who thinks they'd be better off selling Ozil or Sanchez (probably Ozil) and reinvesting in younger attackers even if Wenger signs a new deal.

They both turned 28 in the last couple of months. At their physical peak. Makes little sense to sell now.
Fuck the Daily Mail.
Abolish FIFA

Offline CraigDS

• Lite. Smelt it and dealt it. Worrawhopper.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #40953 on: January 11, 2017, 04:47:10 pm »

Why don't they just keep both and invest in younger attackers? I mean they are hardly short of cash to spend.

Offline CraigDS

• Lite. Smelt it and dealt it. Worrawhopper.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #40954 on: January 11, 2017, 04:50:09 pm »
We may get PR battle over Ozil and Sanchez. Some pundits that care for Arsenal and fan groups may well start accusing Ozil (I think his recent statement was due to one such attack) and Sanchez to delaying for reasons of greed. The players will try to avoid fans turning on them by saying they are pro Wenger and won't sign till he stays but agents will try to get as much money as possible while waiting till they know the future direction of the club. As I have said before, Ozil and Sanchez would be foolish to sign up to anything at this stage till they know who is in charge. This would be the case of we won every trophy last season and were currently 50 points clear in the Prem in case we appointed a bad manager in the summer.

Agreed, they'd be foolish to sign anything until they know what is happening with Wenger. It obviously has the added benefit that it puts them in a stronger position to demand more money too.

Your board/Wenger should really not be letting it get to this stage though where it's such an unknown what he is doing. Either announce you're leaving or sign a new deal and end the problem.

Offline Souness1

• Kopite
« Reply #40955 on: January 11, 2017, 05:24:20 pm »
It's probably because most folk don't really think he'll be going at the end of the season.

Fair enough, how come the contract hasn't been sorted yet then? Waiting to see if top 4 is achieved first or is that not the issue?

Offline Sir Psycho Sexy

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #40956 on: January 11, 2017, 05:31:44 pm »
wouldn't this be the exact type of move that has fucked arsenal in the past (selling quality and trying to replace it with youth)

ozil may disappear too much in big games but over the course of the season, he's only goimg to win you points
I would honestly let Wijnaldum jizz in my face right now

Online Chris~

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #40957 on: January 11, 2017, 05:56:16 pm »
They both turned 28 in the last couple of months. At their physical peak. Makes little sense to sell now.
Wouldn't say 28 is the physical peak for players to be honest.

Why don't they just keep both and invest in younger attackers? I mean they are hardly short of cash to spend.
Risking having 2 32/33 year olds on huge wages which hampers them in the future.

wouldn't this be the exact type of move that has fucked arsenal in the past (selling quality and trying to replace it with youth)

ozil may disappear too much in big games but over the course of the season, he's only goimg to win you points
Only because they didn't even try to replace them. I'm not talking about signing 18 year olds, but player entering their prime at 23/24.

Offline Nessy76

• Shits alone and doesn't condone public self-molestation. Literally Goldenballs' biggest fan
  • Legacy Fan
  • We All Live In A Red And White Klopp
    • Andrew Ness Photographer
« Reply #40958 on: January 11, 2017, 06:22:59 pm »
Wouldn't say 28 is the physical peak for players to be honest.

Well as long you're honest. Wrong, but honest.
Fuck the Daily Mail.
Abolish FIFA

Offline ElCapo

• Legacy Fan
  • Bayern Munich - Mia San Mia
« Reply #40959 on: January 11, 2017, 06:25:06 pm »
Interesting times for the Arsenal.