Author Topic: Adam Lallana  (Read 586662 times)

Offline SerbianScouser

• Far from world class.
  • Legacy Fan
  • ...All the best
Re: Adam Lallana
« Reply #1160 on: December 30, 2016, 12:58:22 pm »
Positional change was fundamental.

Even now in this moment in time if we were to switch to a formation with no.10 again and had to push Lallana to a wide position he won't be nearly as effective as he is now as an 8. What Pocchettino and Rodgers were thinking by using him mostly in wide areas I'll never know - probably didn't trust him to cope with the central role physically but just like how Firmino is suffering now being trapped wide with a sideline behind him that cuts off half of his options the similar thing would happen with Lallana if we moved him back wide again.

It comes back to what Klopp is always saying which is "using the skills of the players" and is now crystal clear where Lallana's knitting skills are best used.

Offline zero zero

• Karma's a bitch. Innit.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1161 on: December 30, 2016, 01:18:46 pm »
Only idiot here is the person unable to act like an adult and give an actual opinion because you hero worship players like a child.
Nah. The only idiot here is the tedious (re-)addition to this forum who keeps telling us Lallana was "bang average".

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
« Reply #1162 on: December 30, 2016, 01:27:47 pm »
:lmao

You're genuinely incredible. Lallana was average. Accept it. Don't. Not arsed. We were dreadful for the season that Lallana played under Rodgers and he still didn't stand out in the team. How on earth is that not average then? He literally didn't stand out in an awful team.

Only idiot here is the person unable to act like an adult and give an actual opinion because you hero worship players like a child.

Wait....you're going to criticise a player for not standing out in a badly performing team....?
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"
« Reply #1163 on: December 30, 2016, 01:44:03 pm »
:lmao

You're genuinely incredible. Lallana was average. Accept it. Don't. Not arsed. We were dreadful for the season that Lallana played under Rodgers and he still didn't stand out in the team. How on earth is that not average then? He literally didn't stand out in an awful team.

You just can't help it can you? Does it really matter when all is said and done. What's more important is the fact that Adam Lallana is a crucial cog in our team now. I could say quite a few of what would be called our better players didn't stand out in that Rodgers team. Your opinion above really doesn't prove anything. 
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"

Offline jooneyisdagod

• Doesn't like having pussy round the house
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1164 on: December 30, 2016, 02:02:24 pm »
Sorry but Lallana is completely different now to what he was under Rodgers. Don't get why people bring up people who used to criticise him. He was bang average for us. He got criticised. He's now fucking brilliant. He gets praised. It's pretty straight forward.

Why pretend like he's not a million times better now than what he was for us under Rodgers time at the club?

I think it was really a case of the manager changing the system more than anything. I look at Lallana and constantly think about what he's doing differently now that he did not do under Rodgers, and frankly, apart from the improved stamina, I don't see anything different. Yet his effectiveness is on a completely different level. I don't think it has much to do with his ability and I think it has a lot to do with the tactics. Even last season, Lallana was doing very well while playing as one of the 3 AMs in the 4-2-3-1 under Klopp, but nowhere near the level he's playing at now.

What's changed since then? But for the formation, which allows him to play deeper and make those late runs into the box, I don't see much more to be honest. I think the success of Lallana, Firmino and Coutinho are mainly tactical. I think Coutinho is the only player where there is some justification to claim Klopp has improved the player itself, but even there, it's a case of improving the decision making of the player by changing the way the others around him play. There's far more movement around Coutinho including the threat and pace of Mane on the other flank, which doesn't allow opposition sides to compress the play to one side. Lallana makes the late runs which is another option and finally there's Firmino who drops deep sometimes and runs the channels at others. All that movement drags players around creating more space for Coutinho. The higher technical level of those players also allows for easier interchanges, creating better shooting opportunities for pretty much every player in the attacking third. The way I see it, I think Divock is the player that has most improved under Jurgen. The others are benefitting from a series of tactical changes that really brings the best out of their respective strengths.
Quote from: Dion Fanning

The chants for Kenny Dalglish that were heard again on Wednesday do not necessarily mean that the fans see him as the saviour. This is not Newcastle, longing for the return of Kevin Keegan. Simply, Dalglish represents everything Hodgson is not and, in fairness, everything Hodgson could or would not hope to be.

Offline jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1165 on: December 30, 2016, 02:04:50 pm »
I think it was really a case of the manager changing the system more than anything. I look at Lallana and constantly think about what he's doing differently now that he did not do under Rodgers, and frankly, apart from the improved stamina, I don't see anything different. Yet his effectiveness is on a completely different level. I don't think it has much to do with his ability and I think it has a lot to do with the tactics. Even last season, Lallana was doing very well while playing as one of the 3 AMs in the 4-2-3-1 under Klopp, but nowhere near the level he's playing at now.

What's changed since then? But for the formation, which allows him to play deeper and make those late runs into the box, I don't see much more to be honest. I think the success of Lallana, Firmino and Coutinho are mainly tactical. I think Coutinho is the only player where there is some justification to claim Klopp has improved the player itself, but even there, it's a case of improving the decision making of the player by changing the way the others around him play. There's far more movement around Coutinho including the threat and pace of Mane on the other flank, which doesn't allow opposition sides to compress the play to one side. Lallana makes the late runs which is another option and finally there's Firmino who drops deep sometimes and runs the channels at others. All that movement drags players around creating more space for Coutinho. The higher technical level of those players also allows for easier interchanges, creating better shooting opportunities for pretty much every player in the attacking third. The way I see it, I think Divock is the player that has most improved under Jurgen. The others are benefitting from a series of tactical changes that really brings the best out of their respective strengths.

That's an excellent post.

Offline FlashGordon

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • RAWK Cheltenham 2021 Champion Tipster*
« Reply #1166 on: December 30, 2016, 02:58:39 pm »
Wait....you're going to criticise a player for not standing out in a badly performing team....?

He's got you blocked mate, I wish at this stage he'd just block me as well.
So bloody what? If you watch football to be absolutely miserable then go watch cricket.

Offline SlowRap

• SlowCrapAllOverTheBoards. No longer appealing! Apparently not a bastard. But no denial of being sarcastic and having no clue. Interesting. Fist pumps all the way down the stairs.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Let freedom reign
« Reply #1167 on: December 31, 2016, 07:28:29 pm »
Tell you what on this form I wouldn't swap him for anyone in this league, he is integral to how we play.
"We must turn from doubters into believers" - Jurgen Klopp

I've got a feeling that Origi is the real deal, from a couple of games I watched but mainly his interviews there seems to be something about him.

Offline Funky_Gibbons

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Follow the gourd
« Reply #1168 on: December 31, 2016, 07:35:14 pm »
Tell you what on this form I wouldn't swap him for anyone in this league, he is integral to how we play.
Me neither.

His game intelligence is probably the best in our squad, at the end of the game he played such a brilliantly weighted pass into the corner which set us up to finish the game off.

Can't believe how two footed he is too, left foot cross for the goal and playing passes on the outside of his left foot too. Player.
"And there are red and white scarves of Liverpool, and red and white bobble hats of Liverpool, and red and white rosettes of Liverpool, and nothing else. And the sun shines now."

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
« Reply #1169 on: December 31, 2016, 07:51:06 pm »

Maybe that Jessie Lingard chap, or Davies at Everton.
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline Zoomers

• Legacy Fan
  • Meow
« Reply #1170 on: December 31, 2016, 08:41:53 pm »
Jesus Christ that sensational cross.... Just as beautiful as his face
Shut the fuck up and put some respek on Lucas name playboy

Offline Zlen

• Suspicious of systems. But getting lots.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1171 on: December 31, 2016, 08:44:25 pm »
Jesus Christ that sensational cross.... Just as beautiful as his face

Errr... yes, it was a good cross.

Offline MrRaptorTurtle

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #1172 on: December 31, 2016, 10:47:01 pm »
This lad gets better and better every game, always been a fan of him since before we signed him and was disappointed how he never shown his true potential at first, however now in his new role as a CM, Klopp has helped turn him into one of the best players in the league currently and the best English player currently!

Offline harrylfc

• Legacy Fan
  • XABI'S MATE
« Reply #1173 on: December 31, 2016, 10:49:27 pm »
The lad is pure quality,can turn both ways,two footed,always looking to play fwd,great workrate,and now adding goals to his game...

Offline darragh85

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1174 on: December 31, 2016, 10:51:51 pm »
could he be rested on monday?

Offline UntouchableLuis

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1175 on: December 31, 2016, 10:56:06 pm »
could he be rested on monday?

Unlikely IMO - he's been managed well since returning, he'll sit out the FA cup game for sure.

Thought he was our MOTM today to be honest. His all round game play is ridiculously intelligent - anticipates the play so well. I'd actually have him over David Silva right now and that's saying something as Silva is a player I've always rated as one of the best in the league since he came. He's as important as Coutinho to our all round game - if you took both of them out we'd struggle so it's lucky Lallana got himself back just about after Coutinho got injured.
"IT'S ENDED.....THE EUROPEAN CUP IS RETURNING TO ENGLAND AND TO ANFIELD."

Offline JackWard33

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • President of the Harry Wilson fanclub
« Reply #1176 on: December 31, 2016, 11:06:54 pm »
Unlikely IMO - he's been managed well since returning, he'll sit out the FA cup game for sure.

Thought he was our MOTM today to be honest. His all round game play is ridiculously intelligent - anticipates the play so well. I'd actually have him over David Silva right now and that's saying something as Silva is a player I've always rated as one of the best in the league since he came. He's as important as Coutinho to our all round game - if you took both of them out we'd struggle so it's lucky Lallana got himself back just about after Coutinho got injured.

Klopp never doesn't pick him. Loves him.
The posters that claimed the Mane signing was the end of him in the first team have been made to look pretty silly

Offline BEAST

• IEBOY - TIME FOR BOCK BOCK!
  • Legacy Fan
  • Sturridge dance
« Reply #1177 on: December 31, 2016, 11:24:47 pm »
Klopp never doesn't pick him. Loves him.
The posters that claimed the Mane signing was the end of him in the first team have been made to look pretty silly

haha yup.  The Mane signing actually was the beginning of him because it ensured that he would get to play in a deeper role.

Well on his way to 10 goals and 10 assists which doesn't happen that often in this league.

Offline deFacto please, you bastards

• Apologies if I haven't responded to every post in every thread yet, I'm trying hard. farKnow.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1178 on: January 1, 2017, 12:21:35 am »
To the bloke who was saying last season ''im not sure if he's a footballer'' or whatever he said, I''m not sure what you watch, despite not playing well, this lad was clearly a footballer at Soton, and I was delighted when we signed him. He didn't have the best year his first year by any stretch,but you don't learn to play football in one season. He has the right coach with him to highlight everything in the right position

Offline reddebs

• areddwarfis4lifenotjust4xmas
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1179 on: January 1, 2017, 12:40:13 am »
Lallana has always been a good footballer but now he's a great one.

Offline xbugawugax

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1180 on: January 1, 2017, 02:49:47 am »
the lungs on that lad

initiated the press countless times and ran the whole game

integral to how we play and it shows.

Offline Frizzo

• Having a Bad Hair Life.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1181 on: January 1, 2017, 03:00:27 am »

To the bloke who was saying last season ''im not sure if he's a footballer'' or whatever he said, I''m not sure what you watch, despite not playing well, this lad was clearly a footballer at Soton, and I was delighted when we signed him. He didn't have the best year his first year by any stretch,but you don't learn to play football in one season. He has the right coach with him to highlight everything in the right position

He's always had the talent. Plain as day. So good to see him making the most of it!

Offline BRdispatch05

• Avian maculation. Aural Tetanus Fetishist.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1182 on: January 1, 2017, 03:10:48 am »
His touches are incredible, one of the best dribblers in the league. I ask myself two or three times a match "How did he just pull that off?"
The cave you fear to enter holds the treasure you seek. - Joseph Campbell

Offline In the Loop

• Main Stander
« Reply #1183 on: January 1, 2017, 06:11:34 am »
I think the biggest improvements in Adam's game are his pressing, general timing and decision making.  All 3 have improved immeasurably under Klopp.

He had already shown his ability - his first touch on the turn is unquestionably world class. Either foot as well.

It seems as if everything he touches at the moment turns to gold.  Long may it continue.

I much prefer him deeper - when further forward he doesn't always shield the ball well enough when playing back to goal.

Still, another great performance last night.

Offline Magz50

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1184 on: January 1, 2017, 06:21:13 am »
Best English player in the game .

Offline Ken-Obi

• Hasn't got Wan, doesn't deserve Wan
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: isn't going to get one of these either
« Reply #1185 on: January 1, 2017, 06:22:59 am »
Best English player in the game .
Isn't that Roooooonehhhhhhhhhhh
Someone should do the right thing - go back in time to 1992 and destroy the codes to Championship Manager before it is ever released

Offline DanA

• misses the Eurovision Glory Days.
  • Legacy Fan
Adam Lallana
« Reply #1186 on: January 1, 2017, 07:58:37 am »
Like the way he arcs around behind a team mate and then bursts past the opposition player, he's not gonna beat too many with an even start but he has a knack for finding a way to get the ball with momentum while his opponent is stuck flat footed.
Quote from: hinesy
He hadn't played as if he was on fire, more the slight breeze cutting across New Brighton on a summer's day than El Nino, the force of nature.

Offline Tobelius

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1187 on: January 1, 2017, 09:00:45 am »
Lallana seems quite a lot stronger,faster and more confident in his abilities than he's ever been with us this season,pretty close to a complete midfielder in fact.
It's great to see him flourish. :)

Offline In the Loop

• Main Stander
« Reply #1188 on: January 1, 2017, 09:32:03 am »
Like the way he arcs around behind a team mate and then bursts past the opposition player, he's not gonna beat too many with an even start but he has a knack for finding a way to get the ball with momentum while his opponent is stuck flat footed.

Yes he is very good at running onto a ball and getting it under control without breaking stride. 

He just so rarely seems to lose possession either through being tackled or loose passes.

Offline PoetryInMotion

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #1189 on: January 1, 2017, 10:36:29 am »
Our defenders and other midfielders just smash the ball into his feet at times to break the press and marking and he just controls it with ease and goes about it.

Also Him, Wijnaldum and Firmino have a thing for taking a touch and placing it to the path of a team-mate's run. Sometimes we make a sequence of 4 or 5 such passes that it becomes hard for even the fans to keep track off. When Coutinho's there, this only goes a few notches higher and he's going to be back very soon.

Offline Purple Red

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Red, Green and White Army
« Reply #1190 on: January 1, 2017, 11:33:04 am »
Lallana has such great discipline as well which demonstrates how much of a leader he is in this team. There was a moment last night when Pablo Zabaleta tried to provoke him over nothing and Adam was having none of it. It would have been easy to lose the plot in a big game like this and get involved in a confrontation but that could have affected the rest of his game so he remained calm. I am more than happy with Henderson as our captain but Adam would make a great one as well.

Offline groove

• eeeeee baby!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1191 on: January 1, 2017, 05:24:19 pm »
Work rate was so good second half.

Offline Antics

• Roadshow
  • Legacy Fan
  • This is what you'll get when you mess with us.
« Reply #1192 on: January 1, 2017, 05:51:09 pm »
Is there anyone in the league on better form currently?

Offline SteveLFC

• Kopite
« Reply #1193 on: January 1, 2017, 05:54:58 pm »
Milner? Gini? Oh.. maybe Costa and Hazard (spit) but yes, Lallana is rather good isnt he?  ;D

Is there anyone in the league on better form currently?

Offline SerbianScouser

• Far from world class.
  • Legacy Fan
  • ...All the best
« Reply #1194 on: January 1, 2017, 08:47:07 pm »
I hope we rest him tomorrow as he's just too valuable to us right now.

He already had some muscular issues this season and playing him tomorrow after a herculean effort vs City would be too much of a risk imo especially considering we've got Utd and Chelsea this month.

Offline Nick110581

• Up the tricky reds
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hearts Jurgen
« Reply #1195 on: January 1, 2017, 08:48:14 pm »
I hope we rest him tomorrow as he's just too valuable to us right now.

He already had some muscular issues this season and playing him tomorrow after a herculean effort vs City would be too much of a risk imo especially considering we've got Utd and Chelsea this month.

Depends how he feels.

We can't rest all the team when we are 2nd.

Some players will have to be risked.
No, jazz. You fear jazz. You fear the lack of rules, the lack of boundaries. Oh look, it's a fence. But, no, it's soft.

Offline Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Michael Sheen is the actual Prince of 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
« Reply #1196 on: January 1, 2017, 08:58:40 pm »
Depends how he feels.

We can't rest all the team when we are 2nd.

Some players will have to be risked.

yep, indeed. Some will have to play. At least after tomorrow they will have a break, cos our next game is the home FA Cup game I think? So some of our players who've played a ton of matches will be able to sit that one out or be on the subs bench.

Disgrace by the Premier league to do this though, players shouldn't need to be risked like this, but what can we do? Can't change the whole first 11.

Offline Nick110581

• Up the tricky reds
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hearts Jurgen
« Reply #1197 on: January 1, 2017, 09:00:52 pm »
yep, indeed. Some will have to play. At least after tomorrow they will have a break, cos our next game is the home FA Cup game I think? So some of our players who've played a ton of matches will be able to sit that one out or be on the subs bench.

Disgrace by the Premier league to do this though, players shouldn't need to be risked like this, but what can we do? Can't change the whole first 11.

It is fucking idiotic.

Plus it is a joke for fans who pay a lot to watch it.

But tennis players play the following day after marathon matches and we never complain.
No, jazz. You fear jazz. You fear the lack of rules, the lack of boundaries. Oh look, it's a fence. But, no, it's soft.

Offline Funky_Gibbons

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Follow the gourd
« Reply #1198 on: January 1, 2017, 11:04:31 pm »
Klopp: "Lallana is a very quick player but his biggest strength is not being quick, it’s decision-making in small spaces.

"Lallana can open the game for you in one-on-one situations; when everybody would have pressure, he doesn’t have it."

"Lallana has wonderful orientation. He needed to adapt a little bit, but he has all the technical abilities for playing there."
« Last Edit: January 1, 2017, 11:06:43 pm by Funky_Gibbons »
"And there are red and white scarves of Liverpool, and red and white bobble hats of Liverpool, and red and white rosettes of Liverpool, and nothing else. And the sun shines now."

Offline jillcwhomever

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1199 on: January 1, 2017, 11:08:16 pm »
That's a nice tribute to Adam from Klopp. Pleased for the lad.