Author Topic: Spyin' Kop: Derby County (Home) - 1st September 2007  (Read 9621 times)

Offline gramck24

• Tryathlete
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Spyin' Kop: Derby County (Home) - 1st September 2007
« on: August 31, 2007, 12:04:05 pm »
Next up at Anfield is the newly promoted Derby County. It's not since the 2001/02 season have we seen Derby back on Premier League soil. Unfortunately for Derby, it was a certain Liverpool side that condemned them to Championship playing football after winning 2-0 at Anfield back on Saturday 20th April, 2002. A since departed Michael Owen scored both goals that day. No doubt that Derby will be looking to try and go away from Anfield tomorrow with any kind of result, but after a disappointing last two games, more so to a sound thrashing at Spurs last weekend, things could prove to be a little difficult for Billy Davies' side.

Liverpool v Derby County
Barclays Premier League
Saturday, 1st September 2007 - Anfield
Kick Off: 3.00pm

Referee: Alan Wiley (Burntwood, Staffordshire)

BILLY DAVIES ON LIVERPOOL:   

"When you look at the team they've got, the money spent on players, they must be up there looking to challenge for the championship," Davies said in an interview soon to be screened on RamsWorld.   

"But we have got to go there and give a good account of ourselves, and try to cause them some problems.   

"We do believe that we can do that this weekend and come out at full-time with a very good performance, and hopefully a very good result."   

A trip to Anfield, one of the most unique and atmospheric grounds in world football, is one of the highlights of any Premier League calendar.   

It's a challenge that the Rams are relishing.   

"Without being disrespectful it could have been Blackpool away, Colchester away or Scunthorpe away this weekend.   

"That's meant without any disrespect at all and now we're travelling to Anfield, we were away at Spurs last week, playing against players that cost £20m and against squads at £60m.   

"It's a fantastic challenge for a club like Derby County that just over 12 months ago avoided relegation and at this moment in time has spent only £8m.

"We will continue to do the best we can, we will take on the challenge and come out of it hopefully with progression being made."

http://www.dcfc.premiumtv.co.uk/page/NewsDetail/0,,10270~1102538,00.html

CLUB INFO:      

Derby County Football Club      
Pride Park Stadium      
Derby         
DE24 8XL          

President:   John Kirkland OBE
Chairman:   Chairman: Peter Gadsby
Vice-Chairman:   Mike Horton
Directors:   Don Amott, Mel Morris

CEO:   Trevor Birch
Operations Director:   John Vicars
Finance Director and Company Secretary:   Martin Ridgeway
Commercial Director:   Perry Deakin

Club Secretary:   Marian McMinn
Management Accountant:   Heather Gorham

Manager:   Billy Davies
Assistant Manager:   David Kelly
Football Consultant:   Craig Brown
First-Team Coach:   Julian Darby
Assistant First-Team Coach:   Colin Miller
Goalkeeping Coach:   Pete Williams
Assistant Goalkeeping Coach:   Alan Fettis
Reserve Team Coach:   John Davies
Sports Scientist:   John Ireland
Chief Scout:   Clive Middlemass
Head Physiotherapist:   Andy Balderston
Assistant Physiotherapist:   Carl Butler
Kit Managers:   Gordon Guthrie, Jonathan Davidson

Academy Manager:   Kevin Thelwell
Assistant Academy Manager:   Jimmy Hunter
Assistant Academy Manager (U9-U16):   Gareth Prosser
Academy Recruitment Officer:   Alan Travis
Education and Welfare Officer:   Bill Morley
Academy Goalkeeping Coach:   Chris Phillips
Head Academy Physio:   Paul Smith
Physio:   Mike Jacques

HISTORY:

The club was formed in 1884 as an offshoot of Derbyshire County Cricket Club. Derby initially played at the Racecourse Ground. As well as competing in a number of friendly matches and informal competitions, Derby County also entered the FA Cup.

Derby County were founder members of The Football League when it was launched in 1888. In 1891 they absorbed Derby Midland F.C.. Steve Bloomer, generally considered to be Derby County's best-ever player, joined the club in 1892. In 1895 the club moved to a new stadium, The Baseball Ground, which became their home for the next 102 years, and adopted their traditional colours of black and white.

On 16 April 1898, Derby appeared in their first FA Cup final at Crystal Palace, but lost 3-1. They were losing finalists again in 1899 and 1903. Derby were relegated to the Football League's Second Division for the first time in 1907, but under Jimmy Methven's management they re-signed Steve Bloomer and regained their First Division place in 1911.

In 1914 they were relegated again, but instantly won the Second Division to get promoted (though World War I meant that they had to wait until 1919 to play First Division football again). After just two seasons, they were relegated yet again in 1921. However, more successful times lay ahead, instigated by Derby's promotion in 1926. The club became a formidable force, with high finishes from the late 1920s and all through the 1930s.

In the 1945-1946 season Derby got to the final of the FA Cup and won by beating Charlton Athletic 4-1 after extra time. The League restarted the following season after a break due to World War II, but Derby could not reproduce their pre-War form and were relegated in 1953. In 1955 they were relegated to the Third Division North for the first time in their history. The third tier proved easy for Derby, though: they were promoted after just two seasons.

In 1967 the now-legendary Brian Clough took over and led them to their greatest glory. Having clinched the influential signing of Dave Mackay, Derby were promoted to the First Division in 1969, finished fourth in 1970, got banned from competing in Europe due to financial irregularities in 1971, and won their first ever Football League Championship in 1972.

Though Derby did not retain their title the following season, they did reach the semi-finals of the European Cup. They lost to Juventus in a controversial match which was subject to subsequent allegations that the Italian club had bribed the match officials, leading Clough to call the Italians "cheating bastards".

Clough's frequent outspoken comments against football's establishment eventually led to him falling out with the board of directors at the club, and Clough left in 1973. Despite the departure Derby's League success was repeated in 1974-1975 season when they won the title again under Dave Mackay. However, Derby's form declined towards the end of the 1970s and they went down to the Second Division in 1980. Though they challenged well in their first season, Derby's stay in the Second Division was not a happy one and they were relegated to the now-national Third Division in 1984.

After the relegation, the club appointed Arthur Cox to stop the rot — and stop it he did. After a two year stint in the Third Division, Cox's emerging side were promoted to the Second Division and won it at the first attempt, returning to the old First Division in 1987.

The club finished fifth in the 1988-1989 season, with the team now containing stars like Peter Shilton, Mark Wright, Dean Saunders and Ted McMinn. However, English clubs were banned from European competition at the time, so the Rams missed out on their place in the UEFA Cup.

A lack of further investment from controversial chairman Robert Maxwell lead to a decline shortly after. With Maxwell soon dead from suspected suicide, the club was relegated back to the Second Division in 1991. At this time, local newspaper businessman Lionel Pickering became the majority shareholder of the club. In 1992 Derby paid £2.5 million for Notts County's central defender Craig Short. At the time — and for five years afterwards — he was the most expensive player to be signed by a club outside the top flight.

Cox resigned in late 1993 citing health problems, and Roy McFarland returned as manager. McFarland failed to get the side anywhere near the top of the division apart from a defeat at the hands of Leicester City in the 1993-1994 play-off final and was sacked in 1995. Jim Smith was then appointed as the club's new manager. Although the season started slowly, the signing of sweeper Igor Stimac proved pivotal. Throwing his brief of 'a top-half finish' out the window, Smith guided the Rams to a second-place finish and the Premier League, now the top flight of English football.

Derby County made an excellent Premiership début in the 1996-1997 season, finishing 12th in the final table. The club moved into the new 30,000-seat Pride Park Stadium for the 1997-1998 season.

Progress continued in the next two seasons, before a sudden decline in form. In 2000-2001 Derby narrowly avoided the drop, finishing 17th — one place clear of relegation.

Jim Smith resigned as manager in October 2001. He was replaced by assistant manager Colin Todd, who remained in charge for just three months before he was sacked in the aftermath of a humiliating FA Cup Third Round home defeat against Third Division strugglers Bristol Rovers. At the end of January 2002, John Gregory was appointed Derby manager. Despite a promising start seven defeats from their final eight fixtures condemned Derby to relegation.

Derby County's relegation saw the club enter a serious financial crisis, which forced them to sell many key players. Gregory was later suspended from his managerial duties over alleged misconduct and former Ipswich Town boss George Burley was bought in temporarily. He later recieved the job on a permenant basis.

The club's parent company went into liquidation in October 2003 and Lionel Pickering gave way to a new board led by John Sleightholme, who bought the club for £3. Derby finished 20th in the 2003-2004 season, but improved dramatically in the 2004-2005 season and finished 4th in the Football League Championship (the new name for the Football League First Division) and qualified for a promotion play-off spot, though lost in the semi-finals to Preston North End.

Soon afterwards, Burley resigned citing differences between himself and the board. He was replaced by Phil Brown. Brown failed to find much success in the job, however, and was sacked in January 2006, after a bad run of results. Terry Westley, the academy coach at the time, took over first team duties until the end of the season and saved Derby from relegation.

HONOURS:      

Football League Division One (pre-Premiership):
Champions 1971-72, 1974-75      
Runners-up 1895-96, 1929-30, 1935-36      

Football League Division One (post-Premiership):
Runners-up 1995-96      

Football League Division Two:
Champions 1911-12, 1914-15, 1968-69, 1986-87      
Runners-up 1925-26      

Football League Division Three North:   
Champions 1956-57      
Runners-up 1955-56      

FA Cup:
Winners 1946      
Runners-up 1898, 1899, 1903      

Football League Cup:
Semi-finalists 1968      

Texaco Cup:
Winners 1972      

European Cup:
Competed 1972-73, 1975-76      

UEFA Cup:
Competed 1974-75, 1976-77      

Anglo-Italian Cup:
Runners-up 1993       

CLUB FACTS:      

• Record victory: 12-0 (at home to Finn Harps F.C. UEFA Cup First Round, First Leg, September 15th 1976)   
  • Record defeat: 2-11 (away to Everton, FA Cup, First Round, January 18th 1890)   
  • Record home attendance: 41,826 against Tottenham Hotspur, Football League First Division, September 20th 1969 at the Baseball Ground   
  • Record appearances: Kevin Hector (486 league matches, 589 total matches)   
  • Record goal-scorer: Steve Bloomer (293 league goals, 332 total goals)   
  • Youngest player: Lee Holmes (15 years, 268 days, v Grimsby Town, 26 December 2002)   
  • Most-capped player: Peter Shilton (england, 125 caps)   
  • Record Transfer Fee: £3.5 Million to Norwich City F.C. for Robert Earnshaw   
  • Record Fee Received: £7m from Leeds United F.C. for Seth Johnson   
  • Most goals in one match: Steve Bloomer 6   

And so to the questions, a huge thanks to Pickers, JkAteAllthePies, Daz, Ramplestiltskin and Daz_the_Ram over at The Rams website for giving some good honest answers....

QUESTIONS:   

1. Glad to back in the Prem?   
Pickers:   Yes, but proving hard after only picking 1 point up from the first few games.
JkAteAll thePies:   Yes, back where we belong but shame about the lack of transfer activity and apparent lack of cohesion on the pitch.
Daz:   Despite our early bad start to the season yes.
Ramplestiltskin:   Of course - except now I'm starting to think we are well above our level
Daz_the_ram:   Delighted obviously but it goes without saying we are in for a long, hard winter

2. It's early doors but how do you feel your opening games have gone?   
Pickers:   Portsmouth was a good match and man Manchester City was alright even though we lost but the last 2 have been awful
JkAteAll thePies:   Portsmouth was a good game, with lots of fighting spirit. At Man City we played well but lost by the single goal. We got thrashed at the Lane and we were absolutley awful last week at home to Brum.
Daz:   Initially, the first two games were quite encouraging, but now i'm quite worried.
Ramplestiltskin:   A good performance in the first few games but generally slightly outclassed, Spurs caught us early in our third game and its been all downhil since.
Daz_the_ram:   We made a terrific account of ourselves on the opening day against Pompey - ran the match against Man City until they scored a corker ... unfortunately ever since we took to the field against Spurs it has been diabolical

3. What are your expectations for the season?   
Pickers:   If i'm honest 19th or 20th but if am lie 10th or 11th
JkAteAll thePies:   Im praying for survival.
Daz:   Realistically, relegation
Ramplestiltskin:   Now, relegation and an all time record low points tally.
Daz_the_ram:   A struggle with a capital 'S'

4. Your gaffer Billy Davies, what's he like? Happy with him?   
Pickers:   He's a great manager turned us right round and put us in the premiership.
JkAteAll thePies:   Happy for what he did last year but tired of he same old excuses regarding transfers and the lack of transfer activity this summer. Many believe he is doing a 'jobs for the boys' kind of thing. Expect a fiery manager on your touchline.
Daz:   Yes, I think he's brilliant, even if we are relegated we should stick by him. Whether he'll stick by us is a different matter, I hope he does.
Ramplestiltskin:   Don't trust him, or a word he says. He's in it for himself and will jump ship when a beter offer comes along - that said he's a very capable manager, but he does make mistakes.
Daz_the_ram:   A terrific manager with great charisma - couldn't ask for better in my opinion. He rubs a few of our fans up the wrong way - however - if I were to ask a single one of them to suggest anyone better for the job - I doubt they could suggest anyone at all...that is just the nature of our support I'm afraid - fickle as hell.

5. Who do you think are your most important player(s)?   
Pickers:   Bywater in goal is a great keeper oakley mears barnes pearson and earnshaw will when he gets his act together
JkAteAll thePies:   Oakley leads by example in midfield and Bywater can be a quality keeper. We need Howard and Earnshaw to start scoring but hopefully we will have some new faces in by saturday.
Daz:   I think the most important players are the ones we haven't signed yet, we badly need a cutting edge.
Ramplestiltskin:   Hopefully haven't signed yet. Of what we have - Bywater if he can regain form, Davis will need to stay fit and hold our defence together, Oakley will be a driving force in midfield. Barnes looks to be our sole flair player at the moment and he hasn't even played yet.
Daz_the_ram:   One that has been overlooked this year is Dave Jones - a class ball-player in midfield. Of the crop to have started games so far? - I'd say Matt Oakley for his consistent form as skipper and two terrific finishes. We desperately need some flair and firepower

6. And your worst?   
Pickers:   Andy Griffin came in and as done awful IMO then the obvious choice is probably malcolm.
JkAteAll thePies:   Bob 'injury' Malcolm never plays but as Pickers said i dont rate Andy Griffin and Babel (or who plays LM) will have a field day against him.
Daz:   I think Darren Moore might get badly exposed in the Premiership, hes still a great character though.
Ramplestiltskin:   We've got quite a few not good enough for this level.
Daz_the_ram:   Sometimes I watch Gary Teale and wish the ground would swallow me up - if points were won for a winger running out of ideas whilst looking dazed and confused, or for tapping the ball lamely against a full-backs shins to win us a throw in ... Teale would often be our match-winner...

7. Any young up and coming players in the squad that we might not know about?   
Pickers:   Giles Barnes obviously he is injured for the game we also have Lewin Nyatanga out on loan who is a full international for wales and since his debut as started every game. Paris Simmons, Matt Richards and Jason Beardsley are 3 other players that haven't started a full game that sound promising
JkAteAll thePies:   Jason Beardsley impressed in pre-season and you all know about Barnes. Simmons, Richards and a few others from the academy have bright futures.
Daz:   Possibly Jason Beardsley, I think everyone knows about Giles Barnes now.
Ramplestiltskin:   Not really - Barnes isn't a well kept secret and the rest of the kids won't make massive impacts
Daz_the_ram:   Since Barnes came through there doesn't seem to have been much emphasis on youth.

8. Do you have a particular memory of any previous meetings between our clubs? Say something that happened to you that day or a decision you disagreed with?   
Pickers:   Er yes i seem to remember you relegated us
JkAteAll thePies:   Ive been to Anfield once, we won 2-1 with goals from Harper and Delap securing the win. Im going again this weekend and hoping my 100% record gets us a win. (the key word is hope)
Daz:   We haven't played Liverpool for so long, I can only remember a 1-0 loss at Anfield when John Barnes scored the only goal. I remember it because we got bricked on the coach coming back to Derby!
Ramplestiltskin:   As about a 10 year old (late 80's) you absolutely walloped us something like 7-1(?) at the Baseball Ground, as most kids of that age were also Liverpool fans we all gave up and started cheering your goals from about 4-1 up
Daz_the_ram:   I was there at the BBG when we were demolished 7-1 ... to be honest, the Liverpool side on show that day would have put 7 past anyone.

9. What sort of line-up and formation should we expect on Saturday?   
Pickers:   Bywater mears mceveley davis leacock todd oakley teale fagan pearson howard (4-5-1)
JkAteAll thePies:   I expect a 4-5-1 with Howard alone up front. However this does depend on if we get anybody in this week. I think feilhaber might cover the back four with Oakley and Pearson playing in the middle of the park.
Daz:   If I was manager, I'd line up 4-5-1 with Howard up front, maybe Earnshaw as a sub later on.
Ramplestiltskin:   Depends on signings but likely to be 4-5-1, Steve Howard up front on his own and everything played up to him.
Daz_the_ram:   Fairly defensive ... Andy Todd in the anchor maybe and our big, yet too nice for his own good centre-forward Steve Howard up there on his own.

10. Do you have any favourite/best chant(s) that perhaps any that require an explanation?   
Pickers:   Steve bloomers watching' he was an old player for us who scored a lot of goal and his got his own chant and the bloke out of my family sang it and made it a proper song didn't he?
JkAteAll thePies:   Super Derby Super Rams (obvious reasons)
Duh duh duh duh Stevie Howard (ditto)
Darren Moore to the tune of the A-Team (he looks like Mr T)
Get your rat out for stevie (in referance to goalkeeper Steven Bywater shouting 'Get Your Rat OUT!' live on Sky in Barnes and Bilys after match interviews on the Wembley pitch at the play off final)
Daz:   No, we aren't the most inventive when it comes to chanting.
Ramplestiltskin:   We hate Forest if that helps...
Daz_the_ram:   'Steve Bloomer's Watching' ... personally I hate it - but it's quite a popular one ... heroes of yesteryear looking down on us, Derby pride and all that tripe.

11. Where do you expect our respective teams will finish in the league this season?   
Pickers:   2nd for liverpool and 20th for derby
JkAteAll thePies:   Derby 20th, Liverpool-3rd (although i hope you beat the Mancs)
Daz:   I think Liverpool will be Second, Derby 20th.
Ramplestiltskin:   Can't see you getting better than 3rd - I think you'll lose out in the head to heads - we'll be in the bottom 3, probably propping the rest up.
Daz_the_ram:   Liverpool - 3rd ... Derby - on current form? - rock bottom

12. Which Liverpool player(s) do you fear the most?   
Pickers:   Toress and Gerrard
JkAteAll thePies:   Tores, Voronin, Babel, Gerrard, Alonso, Pennant, the tea lady, Rafa, Riise, Griffin (oh wait he plays form us but i fear him) anybody could threaten our defence after last week to be honest
Daz:   Stevie Gerrard if he's playing, if not Torres looks very sharp.
Ramplestiltskin:   Gerrard because he can really turn it on when he needs to - all your strikers have weaknesses
Daz_the_ram:   Torres seems to be genuine world-class ... and theres always the boy Gerrard. I've heard he's likely to make the grade?

13. Finally, the score... care to have a stab at what the outcome will be?   
Pickers:   Liverpool 4 Derby 1
JkAteAll thePies:   Erm...5-0 (to LIverpool obviously lol) .As you may be able to tell, im still depressed from last weeks result and dont think this weekend will cure my depression.
Daz:   3-0 to Liverpool
Ramplestiltskin:   3-0
Daz_the_ram:   A fairly comfortable win for the Reds it hurts me to say ... probably three clear goals.

Daz_the_ram:   Can I just say also what a great idea this is ... shows what a fantastically well supported club Liverpool are - far better than the usual whingeing and wars of words often seen between opposing fans.

Sticking to football ... that is what's important.

Well done redandwhitekop.com!!

-----------------------------------------------------------

Check out the Derby fans message boards here for some sets of answers i haven't included. I'm sure our fans would be made most welcomed across there.

A huge thank you to the Derby fans for spending time answering our questions. It would be nice if some of our fans could reciprocate. I have received an e-mail from on of the moderators at The Rams website with a request. This is what it reads:

"We do a thread after the game with peoples match views - some comments of which are published in the Derby Evening Telegraph".

"Would be great if you or some of your website members could give a liverpool fans view of the game in it afterwards".

http://forums.therams.co.uk/postlist.php?Cat=&Board=liverpa

© gramck24 2007
« Last Edit: August 31, 2007, 05:48:43 pm by Rushian »

Offline Live4pool

• Legacy Fan
Re: Spyin' Kop - Derby County (Home) - 1st September 2007
« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2007, 12:05:10 pm »
was about to ask where this was....so where is it then?
We are the music makers and we are the dreamers of dreams.

Offline Jokerfish

• RAWK Supporter
  • Anny Roader
  • Nothing to see here move along now.
« Reply #2 on: August 31, 2007, 12:31:56 pm »
They're not very talkative these derby lads eh ;)

Offline Henry Chinaski

• Gay for Dirk, wants him naked.
  • Legacy Fan
"I look at life like a big book and sometimes you get half way through it and go 'Even though I've been enjoying it, I've had enough. Give us another book'"
~ Karl Pilkington

Offline jackellis

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #4 on: August 31, 2007, 12:40:52 pm »
Cocky bastards, let's twat 'em.
Just think- next time I shoot someone, I could be arrested.

Offline gramck24

• Tryathlete
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5 on: August 31, 2007, 01:27:39 pm »
Done.

:wave

Offline -HH-

• 'cocky bastard'?
  • Legacy Fan
  • Never forget the Hillsborough victims
    • Footy fans
« Reply #6 on: August 31, 2007, 01:31:58 pm »
Good read that, cheers. :thumbup
Balotelli, Falcao, Cavani...

I'll be shocked if it's anyone other Etoo. Etoo or no-one. Simples.

In fact, I'll do you all a favor and ban myself from the January transfer window forum if we get anyone other than Etoo.

Offline ¡Basta Ya!

• Big Mac Whopper. Proud owner of "mods-are-cunts" account. Strangely no longer with us.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7 on: August 31, 2007, 01:37:32 pm »
Thanks to the lads that did this. Must be a bit depressing having to say 5-0 loss.

* WARNING - The above post may contain sarcasm. Maybe some irony, if you're lucky.

AS ALWAYS, WE ARE FOCUSED ON SUPPORTING OUR MANAGER

Offline grimreaper

• this is a new one... ok it's shite but it is a no-brainer
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8 on: August 31, 2007, 01:40:20 pm »
got there head screwed on , and didn't piss me off like reading most of these spyin kop

Offline b_joseph

• b_jesus, b_mary, b_joseph and the wee b_donkey. Unloyal gloryhunter who was probably Kelly Osbourne in another life.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9 on: August 31, 2007, 01:41:11 pm »
JkAteAll thePies:   Tores, Voronin, Babel, Gerrard, Alonso, Pennant, the tea lady, Rafa, Riise, Griffin (oh wait he plays form us but i fear him) anybody could threaten our defence after last week to be honest

haha..This dude knows the deal. Got to have humor during a long season.

Offline HARLOK

• Main Stander
« Reply #10 on: August 31, 2007, 02:09:47 pm »
  ;)
When the ball's down the Kop end, they frighten the ball.
Sometimes they suck it into the back of the net. Shankly.

Offline 7777

• RAWK Boxing Prediction League Champion 07
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We see things they'll never see
« Reply #11 on: August 31, 2007, 02:28:30 pm »
Fucking hell that's cheered me right up

Imagine supporting a team you thought were going to get tonked by 3 clear goals and praying for a game like Sunderland where you have a chance to nick a point or two.

Brilliant on me for being chosen to support Liverpool

Offline maya

• Anny Roader
« Reply #12 on: August 31, 2007, 02:36:26 pm »
haha..This dude knows the deal. Got to have humor during a long season.
tea laday?_?
must be hard to be derby fans
Certainty of death, small chance of success... What are we waiting for?

Offline StevieG26

• Would like to be the first of offer his criticisms.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #13 on: August 31, 2007, 03:42:04 pm »
Poor guys. Very honest though.
"Football is not a matter of life and death. I can assure you that it is much more important than that."

Bill Shankly.

Offline jackellis

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #14 on: August 31, 2007, 03:47:19 pm »
Great read that, really honest lads. Cheered me up!
Just think- next time I shoot someone, I could be arrested.

Offline Walshy nMe®

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Legend
« Reply #15 on: August 31, 2007, 03:50:18 pm »
Hah.  Losers.

Offline Barney_Rubble

• #
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #16 on: August 31, 2007, 03:51:49 pm »

Great read. They're certainly under no illusions.

Just like us, eh... ;)

87:13

Offline Liverbird 2010

• but you can call me....likes to giggle a lot but only if it's about fellatio
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #17 on: August 31, 2007, 03:57:17 pm »
 ;D Nice one cheered me up a bit LOL @ scared of Rafa  :)
FOOTBALL IS A LIE! RAFAEL BENITEZ :-)

Offline Canada Loves Anfield

• Everything you do is a balloon
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Born Under a Liverbird
« Reply #18 on: August 31, 2007, 04:07:45 pm »
Thanks gramck24 for posting this.

As said before, they are at least realistic.

Fucking hell that's cheered me right up

Imagine supporting a team you thought were going to get tonked by 3 clear goals and praying for a game like Sunderland where you have a chance to nick a point or two.

Brilliant on me for being chosen to support Liverpool

Just because they are not Premiership giants does not mean that there are not things to cheer. They must have been going fucking bananas last season after their trip to Wembley while our fans after Athens were... :-X
If it acts like a cock and a banner appears on the kop with its name written down the shaft of a cock, it probably is...

Liverpool FC - Toronto Supporters Club: http://lfctoronto.com/

Offline gramck24

• Tryathlete
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #19 on: August 31, 2007, 04:09:56 pm »
Just because they are not Premiership giants does not mean that there are not things to cheer. They must have been going fucking bananas last season after their trip to Wembley while our fans after Athens were... :-X

There will be a lot of red faces tomorrow should we come unstuck....

.... that would never happen though, would it?  ;)

Offline Canada Loves Anfield

• Everything you do is a balloon
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Born Under a Liverbird
« Reply #20 on: August 31, 2007, 04:11:23 pm »
There will be a lot of red faces tomorrow should we come unstuck....

.... that would never happen though, would it?  ;)

;)
If it acts like a cock and a banner appears on the kop with its name written down the shaft of a cock, it probably is...

Liverpool FC - Toronto Supporters Club: http://lfctoronto.com/

Online Yorkykopite

• Misses Danny Boy with a passion. Phil's Official Biographer, dontcherknow...it's all true. Honestly.
  • RAWK Writer
  • Legacy Fan
  • The first five yards........
« Reply #21 on: August 31, 2007, 04:51:37 pm »
Once again, excellent stuff. Looking forward to seeing this Andy Griffin character cope with Babel.
"If you want the world to love you don't discuss Middle Eastern politics" Saul Bellow.

Offline JamesG L4

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #22 on: August 31, 2007, 05:20:20 pm »
Nice one  :thumbup

The Derby County Existentialist Society certainly cheered me up there.
---It's just a ride and we can change it any time we want. It's only a choice. No effort, no work, no job, no savings and money, a choice, right now, between fear and love-- william melvin hicks

Offline kavah

• the Blacksmith. Definitely NOT from Blackpool!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #23 on: August 31, 2007, 05:25:56 pm »
Thanks Gram - and the Derby guys.

Derby is a proper football town and it's good to see them back in the prem. anyone of my era thinks of the  truly great 70s teams the league titles, the brilliant european games  and the muddy pitch!

Offline monkeyboy1579

• Main Stander
« Reply #24 on: August 31, 2007, 05:46:24 pm »
great read as normal thanx and nice one the derby fans
"Full price for gum?! That dog won't hunt, monsignor."

Offline kickinkaz

• Kopite
  • Do one thing every day that scares you
« Reply #25 on: August 31, 2007, 05:50:21 pm »

Its not all bad being a Derby Fan, although I would feel better if I don't look at the bottom half of the PL table,
  but we have come along way, from those days of having the 3 corrupted amigo's board, the club being brought for 3 Quid.

And the time, the club was saved with a brisk bit of business conducted in the gents toilets, and the real reason why George Burley
 left. And a whole lot of other random stuff, but now we function as a half normal club and stop using the phrase "it can only happen
 at Derby County", although touch wood. 

So it aint all bad and I cant wait for the game at Anfield been waiting many years to see my two teams face each other, although
 will be very surreal.   

Offline Kyle Soprano

• Doing his BTEC Sports Science but still knows fuck all
  • Legacy Fan
  • You & I Are Gonna Live Forever
Re: Spyin' Kop: Derby County (Home) - 1st September 2007
« Reply #26 on: August 31, 2007, 06:08:38 pm »
Great read that good honest set of fans!!!

I thought Andy Griffin used to be alright for Newcastle.
I only drink on special occasions. Like Fridays and Saturdays. The occasional Sunday. Sometimes even Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday. Never Thursday. Well, every so often maybe a Thursday.

Offline Rhino

• Last of the great romantics. Tess of the Googlevilles. Randy internet flirt.
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT 96 RIP
« Reply #27 on: August 31, 2007, 06:56:35 pm »
You'd think they'd be positive and say they'd finish 17th

Offline Fitzy.

• I before E, except in Dalglish. Thumbs down for thumbs up! Premature ejaculator in the post-match whopper circle jerk. Might be the Rupert Pupkin to Neil Atkinson's Jerry Langford. Wants to know who did this, but may never find out.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Indefatigability
« Reply #28 on: August 31, 2007, 07:10:50 pm »
I'm a bit depressed after reading that - talk about negative. :(

We should stroll this one, shouldn't we?

Offline BazC

• ...is as good as Van Basten
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #29 on: August 31, 2007, 09:37:59 pm »
JkAteAll thePies:   Tores, Voronin, Babel, Gerrard, Alonso, Pennant, the tea lady, Rafa, Riise, Griffin (oh wait he plays form us but i fear him) anybody could threaten our defence after last week to be honest

;D

Cheers for that. These Derby lads sound confident don't they?  :P
“This place will become a bastion of invincibility and you are very lucky young man to be here. They will all come here and be beaten son”

Offline GinKop

• He's going to run to you (ooh-oooh). Knows a techtard when he sees one
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • FORZA MILANO
« Reply #30 on: August 31, 2007, 09:47:35 pm »
Good read that - seem like a decent bunch. We really should attack them from the off, and IF we build up a comfortable lead, we've got the strength and depth now to carry on attacking for the whole game.
JFT97

Offline Red_in_Holland

• arl arse
  • Legacy Fan
  • Attack is the best defense.. btw we have both
« Reply #31 on: August 31, 2007, 10:15:16 pm »
Good supporters those lads.  No illusions, but still there for their team, no better than that to be found.

Thanks for that.  Good read.

RiH
Los Rojos Conquistadores
"It's good to have a challenge in training. If you play against one of the best strikers in the Premier League almost everyday, that can only help you when the game comes around each weekend."

Asked if he had worked out how to stop Torres, Hyypia added: "I'm working on it, I'm working on it.

Offline Jonathan Hall ☆☆☆☆☆☆

• The name's Hall... Jonathan Hall. aka DangerPaddy. Olores de cebollas. Carly Cole Stalker. Likes to drink at Bar Fanny.
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Tapas y Cerveza y vino tinto!
« Reply #32 on: August 31, 2007, 10:21:36 pm »
Nice set of answers. They know they have problems and don't mind to taking the piss out of themselves. For that i hope they fucking well stay up.
Right which bastards eaten me Tapas?

http://hfdinfo.com/digital/

Offline voronin_is_ghod

• Officially very annoying and doesn't know what he's doing.
  • Legacy Fan
  • makes me wanna grow a ponytail
« Reply #33 on: August 31, 2007, 10:28:48 pm »

:lmao ...top guy

very good read mate cheers ...also nice touch at the end from the derby fan with his  nice touch comment

Offline Taylor_LFC

• Whopper who didn't make it to Porto
  • Legacy Fan
  • SOS
« Reply #34 on: September 1, 2007, 12:05:11 am »
Good read. ;D

They're not very confident are they? You can't really blame them though to be fair, they're certainties to go.

Offline Rafadagaffer

• Kopite
  • Walk on Walk on..
« Reply #35 on: September 1, 2007, 12:14:04 am »
Love these spyin kops, thanks.

They seem like nice blokes, too bad they are in for a trashing tommorrow :D
I think we have some posibilities, no?

Offline driyo

• Legacy Fan
  • Excuse me while I kiss the sky.
« Reply #36 on: September 1, 2007, 01:57:00 am »
Pfft, that was depressing :(

Offline RomaRed

• Kemlynite
  • We always win in Rome
« Reply #37 on: September 1, 2007, 09:41:15 am »

Nice guys, if we don't win the league I hope they do............................ :D

Offline Redcap

• Legacy Fan
  • You wrote a bad song Petey!
« Reply #38 on: September 1, 2007, 02:46:05 pm »
Have you ever come across such a confident bunch? :P

Offline maya

• Anny Roader
« Reply #39 on: September 2, 2007, 11:21:43 am »
it's a shame that Derby team gave up long before their fans do
Certainty of death, small chance of success... What are we waiting for?