Author Topic: The NHL Thread  (Read 595134 times)

Offline Ian H

• Kopite
Re: The NHL Thread
« Reply #120 on: October 12, 2005, 12:03:48 pm »
well you lot are ok anyway! I follow the Calgary Flames! what a shite start to the season!
more lurking than posting

Offline DK

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #121 on: October 12, 2005, 12:09:23 pm »
well you lot are ok anyway! I follow the Calgary Flames! what a shite start to the season!

I watched them get blown out by the Avs the other night.  Crazy stuff.

Offline Ian H

• Kopite
« Reply #122 on: October 12, 2005, 12:19:04 pm »
"some defensive problems" is the term that they used, playing like shit is what I call it!

Offline WalkinAlone

• Anny Roader
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #123 on: October 12, 2005, 12:47:06 pm »
I love the Leafs

Go Leafs, eh

Offline elrojoyoda

• Legacy Fan
  • The Dream Team
« Reply #124 on: October 12, 2005, 01:10:03 pm »
I love the Leafs

Go Leafs, eh

Same here! Excellent win yesterday vs Flyers ;D
Follow me on Twitter @RojoYoda

Offline DK

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #125 on: October 12, 2005, 02:25:37 pm »
What fuck is it with all the Leafs fans?

Are the Leafs the Man Utd of the NHL (ie no fans in Toronto but loads out of it)?

Watch theCanadian kick off about that  ;)

Offline Ian H

• Kopite
« Reply #126 on: October 12, 2005, 04:30:41 pm »
I was born near Calgary (and even went to see them a couple of times in the 70's as a kid!), so at least i have a reason for following the Flames, although it really is an internet only thing for me as TV coverage is limited to say the least in the UK.

Offline DK

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #127 on: October 12, 2005, 05:15:13 pm »
I was born near Calgary (and even went to see them a couple of times in the 70's as a kid!), so at least i have a reason for following the Flames, although it really is an internet only thing for me as TV coverage is limited to say the least in the UK.

I see what you mean mate.  All these OOT fans must really wind you up.  :P

Offline Scarlet`

• Low profile with wide rims
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT 96!!!
    • Laconius Arts and Design
« Reply #128 on: October 12, 2005, 08:21:58 pm »
Well, if we keep this up, and only lose to the Canadian teams, we're on our way to the playoffs and an all Canadian finals ;)
If Ayre got £25m out of them he's willing to fuck all the female members of my family on Sunday's.

Offline yenners

• Main Stander
« Reply #129 on: October 12, 2005, 10:02:44 pm »

Are the Leafs the Man Utd of the NHL (ie no fans in Toronto but loads out of it)?

Not quite. They are one of the most hated teams in the NHL, definetly the most hated in Canada. They have not won the Stanley Cup for the longest time despite spending big money on free agents before the current CBA. www.leafssuck.ca  will explain more.

Being a Canucks fan and a semi regular to GM place ( Canucks home ground ) i am glad to see Calgary doing so badly especially after last years playoffs. Sour grapes ? Of course !! With Big Bert back Canucks have a great chance this year and i am looking foward to the parade in Robson next year !

Offline theCanadian

• Potential grass
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #130 on: October 13, 2005, 12:18:22 am »

Not quite. They are one of the most hated teams in the NHL, definetly the most hated in Canada. They have not won the Stanley Cup for the longest time despite spending big money on free agents before the current CBA. www.leafssuck.ca  will explain more.

Being a Canucks fan and a semi regular to GM place ( Canucks home ground ) i am glad to see Calgary doing so badly especially after last years playoffs. Sour grapes ? Of course !! With Big Bert back Canucks have a great chance this year and i am looking foward to the parade in Robson next year !

;D We like being hated.

I think we're only hated within Canada because the rest of Canada hates Toronto. That's the only reason really. Plus we've got more fans and better fans than anyone else and nobody likes that in another team :P :P

The reason other people dislike Toronto is because Torontonians like myself are arrogant, in terms of thinking knowing our city is better than all others and that Toronto is the centre of the Universe. People in other cities don't like the fact that Toronto is the centre of the Universe. They are jealous.

Anyway, it's mainly a popular club because it's a big hockey city, the Mecca of hockey in fact (  :P  :) ) and therefore there are many fans generated here. Plus, many people all over the place have lived in Toronto at some point in their lives, and would consequently become Leafs fans during the time that they're here - just as they would do for Liverpool when being in Liverpool (nobody cares about Everton). Popularity breeds popularity.

Furthermore, the fact that the Leafs are a big club yet haven't won the Cup since '67 makes more fans because they're then seen as long-term underdogs and it makes it even more special when they finally do win it. Kinda like the Boston Red Sox effect but not as dramatic.

There you go.

Fuck you Vancouver Canucks! Fuck you Ottawa! Fuck you Montreal! Fuck you Calgary!

(Edmonton is my second team :) )

:wave
Those who dwell, as scientists or laymen, among the beauties and mysteries of the earth are never alone or weary of life. - Rachel Carson

Offline ALPH1217

• Legacy Fan
  • "C'MON YOU MIGHTY REDS!"
« Reply #131 on: October 13, 2005, 01:14:58 am »
Be that as it may, but Montreal's history puts the Leafs history to shame.

Offline theCanadian

• Potential grass
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #132 on: October 13, 2005, 01:25:06 am »

Trophies won 15 or 20 or 50 years ago are nice to brag about but they don't do much else. I don't really care about trophies that were won before I was born and before I was a fan. The same goes with Liverpool and futebol.
Those who dwell, as scientists or laymen, among the beauties and mysteries of the earth are never alone or weary of life. - Rachel Carson

Offline Мерфи

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #133 on: October 13, 2005, 01:29:40 am »
I watched the goals of the hab-leafs game and you're right...there was some average defending there.

About the fighting and hitting thing - do you think that that is due to the tightened restrictions on hooking and holding.  What I mean is, coaches aren't putting out their real hard men because those guys tend (not always, though) to be slower or less agile across the ice.  In the past the tough guys have been able to break even defensively by hooking and holding but now they're going to caught for that almost every time.

Same with the big hitting.  Often a big hit does not necessarily result in gaining posession of the puck.  So...players are thinking 'if this hit doesn't come off and they still have posession i will find it hard to catch up with the play and get the puck back or negate them without hooking/holding'.

I'm sure it will even out as we go along.

Games have been entertaining this year.  I am not exactly a fair weather fan, but I must admit that my allegiance to a team has changed from time to time.  Used to be a huge supporter of the Buffalo Sabres when  Mogilny and Hasek were mainstays - I probably still follow them the closest - but when I lived in Arizona, I pulled for the Coyote's and the Kings.  For some reason - I follow the great players.  Roy (alas), Roenick, Jagr, Mogilny, Bure, Hasek, Brodeur, Pronger, Lindros.  Now I'm in Capital's land, and though I'm interested in the team, I'm just kinda luke warm to any of them.

I don't worry too much about the big hits drying up and the alarmingly high scoring average.  Team's are still trying to find thier level in regards to what they can and can't get away with.  I suspect the hits will come back and defenders will start to impose themselves more on the game when tacticians figure out how best to deal with the changes in two line passes, offsides, icing, clutch grab, and the larger attacking zones.  It's a lot to take in right now. 
Never argue with a fool . . . people may not know the difference .

Offline theCanadian

• Potential grass
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #134 on: October 13, 2005, 01:32:39 am »
Games have been entertaining this year.  I am not exactly a fair weather fan, but I must admit that my allegiance to a team has changed from time to time.  Used to be a huge supporter of the Buffalo Sabres when  Mogilny and Hasek were mainstays - I probably still follow them the closest - but when I lived in Arizona, I pulled for the Coyote's and the Kings.  For some reason - I follow the great players.  Roy (alas), Roenick, Jagr, Mogilny, Bure, Hasek, Brodeur, Pronger, Lindros.  Now I'm in Capital's land, and though I'm interested in the team, I'm just kinda luke warm to any of them.

I don't worry too much about the big hits drying up and the alarmingly high scoring average.  Team's are still trying to find thier level in regards to what they can and can't get away with.  I suspect the hits will come back and defenders will start to impose themselves more on the game when tacticians figure out how best to deal with the changes in two line passes, offsides, icing, clutch grab, and the larger attacking zones.  It's a lot to take in right now. 

Good post. I find it strange that you can't stick with a team. Not my problem anyway ;) .

I agree about that you're saying about the hitting. It will come back more in time. I even saw it last night against the Flyers; the Leafs were putting in several good hits each period and it made the game much better.

Agreed certainly on the front that the games have been entertaining this year. Although I haven't seen hockey in quite a while and maybe have difficulty remembering how good it was before (I thought it was excellent before).

Offline theCanadian

• Potential grass
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #135 on: October 13, 2005, 03:34:32 am »
Watching the Minnesota vs. Vancouver game right now.

Vancouver are getting a lot of possession but playing shite right now (3rd period, 3-0 down - I didn't see first 2 periods).

The one thing I notice is that for a capacity crowd the Minnesota fans are very quiet. Compared to Leafs fans at least ;D !

I like hockey :)

Offline theCanadian

• Potential grass
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #136 on: October 13, 2005, 04:03:59 am »
Being a Canucks fan and a semi regular to GM place ( Canucks home ground ). With Big Bert back Canucks have a great chance this year

Vancouver 0 - 6 Minnesota

HaHaHaahahaHAAAHAA!

:P ;D

Just finished watching the third period. What a pitiful performance by the Canucks. Albeit against a good goaltending performance but seriously, the Canucks looked half asleep.

Oh, and by the way - what a woeful goalie the Canucks do have. He always has been and he will be for the forseeable future. Cloutier is the only who has stopped Vancouver from being a serious title contender in recent years. WOEFUL!

Offline Ian H

• Kopite
« Reply #137 on: October 13, 2005, 11:04:09 am »
Chaps,

I was attempting sarcasm with my born in Calgary thing but i think i may not have the sublety for it! sorry!

I am obvioulsy the biggest wool/oot'er/ooc'er in the world when it comes to the NHL and cant possibly follow it properly i just like to follow how Calgary are doing.

It was nice to put one over Vancouver though!

Offline theCanadian

• Potential grass
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #138 on: October 13, 2005, 07:46:30 pm »
Chaps,

I was attempting sarcasm with my born in Calgary thing but i think i may not have the sublety for it! sorry!

I am obvioulsy the biggest wool/oot'er/ooc'er in the world when it comes to the NHL and cant possibly follow it properly i just like to follow how Calgary are doing.

It was nice to put one over Vancouver though!

I'm the biggest OOT'er in the world when it comes to Liverpool yet I follow them closer than the Leafs.

As a Leafs fan, I am now an official OOT'er (living about an hour and a half away from TO) but before effectively was one since I never went to any games. The obvious reason being that tickets are incredibly overpriced seeing as that there's only about 19,000+ seats available.

Anyway, given that if you don't live in Alberta you hardly/don't see any Calgary games so I can see why you wouldn't follow them. On the contrary for me; here I get to see every Liverpool game on tv. Amazing.

Offline DK

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #139 on: October 13, 2005, 09:13:03 pm »
theCanadian.

Why do the Canadiens (not you, the Habs I mean) spell CanadiEns with an e?  Something to do with the French history of the area?

Offline yenners

• Main Stander
« Reply #140 on: October 13, 2005, 10:09:07 pm »
Vancouver 0 - 6 Minnesota

HaHaHaahahaHAAAHAA!

:P ;D

Just finished watching the third period. What a pitiful performance by the Canucks. Albeit against a good goaltending performance but seriously, the Canucks looked half asleep.

Oh, and by the way - what a woeful goalie the Canucks do have. He always has been and he will be for the forseeable future. Cloutier is the only who has stopped Vancouver from being a serious title contender in recent years. WOEFUL!

Somehow i knew that you would remind me of last nights scoreline.  They were alseep after the great victory over the Red Wings last week and deserved that spanking last night. We will get another chance this friday as we play them again in the same stadium.

Cloutier is a weird one. In the regular season he looks real good most of the time, come playoffs he would let a beach ball past him. I am pretty sure that this year is his last year to prove to the Canucks that he is the man for the job. We have a great young goalie in Alex Auld and i would not mind if he had a run in the side.

As for your Leafs i understand that they finally won a game against the flyers. Congrats ! I am sure that Tie Domi would be able to fill the void left by Mats Sundin. While the incident involving his eye injury was sickening and i do wish him a swift recovery. I admit that there was a part of me that was laughing deep inside simply beacuse it involved the Leafs and their star player. All this with a backdrop of Pat Quinn's own eye injury !

Offline yenners

• Main Stander
« Reply #141 on: October 13, 2005, 10:15:32 pm »
theCanadian.

Why do the Canadiens (not you, the Habs I mean) spell CanadiEns with an e?  Something to do with the French history of the area?

You think you have got it right there. The Habs have a very strong French background and have been known to draft French players as much as possible. They are the only team to have the stadium announcements in both French and English as well as commentry in French. They even sing Oh Canada in French mixed with English.

Offline theCanadian

• Potential grass
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #142 on: October 13, 2005, 11:22:35 pm »
theCanadian.

You think you have got it right there. The Habs have a very strong French background and have been known to draft French players as much as possible. They are the only team to have the stadium announcements in both French and English as well as commentry in French. They even sing Oh Canada in French mixed with English.

Which all makes sense because virtually every person in the province of Quebec can speak French and the vast majority in the province have it as their first language.

By the way, they're Quebequers(not sure about the spelling on this one, but it's pronounced: Kebekers) not French.

DK, it's not to do with the 'French' history in the area, it's because the area IS French.(Quebequer technically)

Somehow i knew that you would remind me of last nights scoreline.  They were alseep after the great victory over the Red Wings last week and deserved that spanking last night. We will get another chance this friday as we play them again in the same stadium.

Cloutier is a weird one. In the regular season he looks real good most of the time, come playoffs he would let a beach ball past him. I am pretty sure that this year is his last year to prove to the Canucks that he is the man for the job. We have a great young goalie in Alex Auld and i would not mind if he had a run in the side.

As for your Leafs i understand that they finally won a game against the flyers. Congrats ! I am sure that Tie Domi would be able to fill the void left by Mats Sundin. While the incident involving his eye injury was sickening and i do wish him a swift recovery. I admit that there was a part of me that was laughing deep inside simply beacuse it involved the Leafs and their star player. All this with a backdrop of Pat Quinn's own eye injury !

"Finally won a game against the flyers" --> It was only 5 days after the start of the season, two of the three previous games had been lost in shootouts to the championship favorites (thus still getting 1 point), and the other was lost by only one goal. Considering Sundin is out, the Leafs have played well in all of their games. They've got some new youngsters in there this year who are doing well for the team. Lindros is playing well and getting on the scoresheet. And yes, Tie Domi is filling some kind of a void. He already has 2 goals which is more than Peter Forsberg has this season. ( :P to DK and all flyers fans)

Offline DK

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #143 on: October 14, 2005, 12:14:23 am »
DK, it's not to do with the 'French' history in the area, it's because the area IS French.(Quebequer technically)

Well, you know what I mean.  It's French, but it's not a French province (no matter how much they want to be) so I meant that it is part of Canada that has strong links with France.

Lindros is playing well and getting on the scoresheet. And yes, Tie Domi is filling some kind of a void. He already has 2 goals which is more than Peter Forsberg has this season. ( :P to DK and all flyers fans)

Scoresberg (like the Flyers) will come good and Lindros can score all he likes considering he's in my fantasy team.  :P

Hatcher is back too  :)

Offline theCanadian

• Potential grass
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #144 on: October 14, 2005, 01:12:26 am »
Well, you know what I mean.  It's French, but it's not a French province (no matter how much they want to be) so I meant that it is part of Canada that has strong links with France.

Actually that's not what I meant at all. In evolution terms, the people there are offspring of the French but they have evolved into a different species. Their language has evolved (whether for the better or for the worse), their culture has evolved etc. etc. to the point where they are no longer very much like the people in France at all.

Also, while many there do want to seperate from Canada (albeit a minority), there has never been talk of them wanting to become part of France. They simply want to be independant and I think that is evidence towards their evolution as a people from being French.

(The above doesn't really belong in here but it's not worth starting a thread about and I was asked about it so 8) )

Offline NY-AmericanRed

• Legacy Fan
  • We all dream of a team of Messiers...
« Reply #145 on: October 14, 2005, 01:30:13 am »

Montreal's successful history puts EVERY other NHL team to shame, but the Leafs I believe are 2nd in Cups won.  Not a Leafs fan, but I had to point that one out.
"They're the New York Giants; all run and no fun"--my brother at the Giants-Eagles game, Nov. 20, 2005

ManU fans--your 1999 European Cup is safe and sound in our museum

Mark Messier--The Captain, The Legend, The Messiah...11 forever

Offline NY-AmericanRed

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #146 on: October 14, 2005, 01:37:04 am »

"Finally won a game against the flyers" --> It was only 5 days after the start of the season, two of the three previous games had been lost in shootouts to the championship favorites (thus still getting 1 point), and the other was lost by only one goal. Considering Sundin is out, the Leafs have played well in all of their games. They've got some new youngsters in there this year who are doing well for the team. Lindros is playing well and getting on the scoresheet. And yes, Tie Domi is filling some kind of a void. He already has 2 goals which is more than Peter Forsberg has this season. ( :P to DK and all flyers fans)

Tie Domi actually scoring goals  :o :o :o

Does he have more goals or fighting majors this season?
"They're the New York Giants; all run and no fun"--my brother at the Giants-Eagles game, Nov. 20, 2005

Offline ALPH1217

• Legacy Fan
  • "C'MON YOU MIGHTY REDS!"
« Reply #147 on: October 14, 2005, 02:07:24 am »
Montreal's successful history puts EVERY other NHL team to shame, but the Leafs I believe are 2nd in Cups won.  Not a Leafs fan, but I had to point that one out.
Maybe so, but Montreal have won 10 Cups since Toronto's last in 1967. If ever there's a city deserving of a Stanley Cup winner it's Toronto. Its kind of ironic that the Toronto Blue Jays won two world series titles despite only entering the majors in 1977. I always have a soft spot for the Leafs because I love that city.

Offline NY-AmericanRed

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #148 on: October 14, 2005, 02:20:07 am »
Rangers wax the Devils, 4-1 (stunning result).  Looks like the Rangers have finally found their goalie in Lundqvist...

Offline theCanadian

• Potential grass
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #149 on: October 14, 2005, 03:50:18 am »
Maybe so, but Montreal have won 10 Cups since Toronto's last in 1967. If ever there's a city deserving of a Stanley Cup winner it's Toronto. Its kind of ironic that the Toronto Blue Jays won two world series titles despite only entering the majors in 1977. I always have a soft spot for the Leafs because I love that city.

:thumbup :wellin

Apart from the point you made about the Jays, this city hardly cares about Baseball - especially when considering it against Hockey.

Tie Domi actually scoring goals  :o :o :o

Does he have more goals or fighting majors this season?

There hasn't been a fight in any Leafs game so far. Dissapointing...

Rangers wax the Devils, 4-1 (stunning result).  Looks like the Rangers have finally found their goalie in Lundqvist...

Yay Rangers! I wouldn't mind seeing them turning a corner this season, as long as they lose when they play the Leafs. They were the laughing stock of the NHL in recent seasons with the huge amount of the talent they acquired but didn't even make the playoffs. With the fanbase the club has and the popularity that Hockey enjoys in the big apple (relative to other American towns, and because it's an orignial six team), they deserve success.

PS: I have Jagr on my fantasy hockey team too so... ;D

Offline NY-AmericanRed

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #150 on: October 14, 2005, 06:22:09 pm »

There hasn't been a fight in any Leafs game so far. Dissapointing...

Yay Rangers! I wouldn't mind seeing them turning a corner this season, as long as they lose when they play the Leafs. They were the laughing stock of the NHL in recent seasons with the huge amount of the talent they acquired but didn't even make the playoffs. With the fanbase the club has and the popularity that Hockey enjoys in the big apple (relative to other American towns, and because it's an orignial six team), they deserve success.

PS: I have Jagr on my fantasy hockey team too so... ;D

As I said, Hart Trophy for Jagr...the shot he beat Brodeur with last night was a wrist shot that no goalie on the planet would have come close to stopping.

I still think the Rangers are going to miss the playoffs by a wide margin, but they are now starting to rebuild, something they should have done five years ago at least.

I also think that the Rangers' lack of success since 1997 has been a major factor in hockey's downspiraling popularity.  When the Rangers were good, the ratings on TV were tremendous, but when they were bad, nobody really cared.  I think they have the largest fanbase in the NHL without a close second (sorry, Leafs and Wings fans).

Offline theCanadian

• Potential grass
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #151 on: October 14, 2005, 08:06:04 pm »
I think they have the largest fanbase in the NHL without a close second (sorry, Leafs and Wings fans).

That may be, because the city is much bigger than either Detroit or Toronto but since other sports in the city are quite large, such as baseball and 'football' - there aren't as many hardcore fans as in Toronto where Hockey is #1 by 10,000 miles.

Offline DK

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #152 on: October 14, 2005, 10:42:42 pm »
I just finished watching the Sabres and Tampa Bay and it was quite good value actually.  The line of St Louis - Lecavalier - Richards was absolutely smoking and they'll carve alot of teams up.  St Louis was a nightmare in the old NHL but is even more slippery now.  Still not sure how Buffalo managed to win that (well, they won the shootout) but Miller was excellent in goal as Tampa Bay were looking sharp (although they aren't on the standings now).

Offline theCanadian

• Potential grass
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #153 on: October 15, 2005, 02:32:12 am »
I am speechless with joy at the moment.

The Leafs game is nearly over, I can't watch it because I don't have the channel but the Leafs are winning 8-1 and McCabe who's on my fantasy team has 5 assists. Also, the Leafs' new signing Jeff O'Neill (a local boy) has got a hat-trick.

:o ;D :o ;D :o ;D

PS: Hopefully Liverpool win by the same score tomorrow. ;D

Offline ScouserTommy37

• Steve Biko, Aung San Suu Kyi, Nelson Mandela and now ScouserTommy37. Stop the repression!
  • Legacy Fan
  • Will there ever be a Rainbow ?
« Reply #154 on: October 15, 2005, 02:41:52 am »
I am speechless with joy at the moment.

The Leafs game is nearly over, I can't watch it because I don't have the channel but the Leafs are winning 8-1 and McCabe who's on my fantasy team has 5 assists. Also, the Leafs' new signing Jeff O'Neill (a local boy) has got a hat-trick.

:o ;D :o ;D :o ;D

PS: Hopefully Liverpool win by the same score tomorrow. ;D

Bloody leaves saved you. Just as Lemieux and Crosby start to produce. Long way to go!
Come on RAWK lets ave it and you can bring your fuckin dinner as well.

http://www.contrast.org/hillsborough/ <-- Read this JFT96

MICHAEL SHIELDS YOU'LL NEVER WALK ALONE!

"If Jamie Carragher were Italian, we'd build entire dynasties around him." Corriere della Sera

Offline Scarlet`

• Low profile with wide rims
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT 96!!!
    • Laconius Arts and Design
« Reply #155 on: October 15, 2005, 03:19:38 am »
OMG YAY!!!!!!!!!!  The Richmond Hiller got a Hattrick :D (I'm from Richmond Hill just as O'Neill is...) :) here's a funny story.  My high school principal once taught him and he advised him not to go into hockey and it's not a good future there.  Riiiiight.....helped Carolina twat us but it's all forgiven since he's back ^___^

Oh yay Toronto ;)

For you out-of-Toronto lads, I guess you can consider Toronto like Liverpool, Ottawa as Everton (the bitter twats) and Montreal like Man United :D

Every "Battle of Ontario" is like a Liverpool derby for us. 
If Ayre got £25m out of them he's willing to fuck all the female members of my family on Sunday's.

Offline theCanadian

• Potential grass
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #156 on: October 15, 2005, 03:22:19 am »
Bloody leaves saved you. Just as Lemieux and Crosby start to produce. Long way to go!

Hahaha! Yep, damn straight. Investing in the Leafs has payed off. Belfour gets the stuff done for me, while Kaberle gets 2 points and McCabe gets 5 (who are both on my team).

There were 18 penalties handed out within 1 minute during the third period after the following general scheme of events(please note I was only listening to the game):

- After the Leafs were winning 6-1, the scumbag who is Bob Hartley (Thrashers coach) sent out their goons with instructions to injure Leafs players.

- Those goons proceeded to take cheap shots at multiple Leafs players including Eric Lindros and Darcy Tucker(whose head was deliberately slammed into the glass - thus resulting in a puddle of blood on the ice).

- Massive brawling took place for about 10 or 15 minutes, while the Leafs coach Pat Quinn cursed and yelled over the bench divider at the Atlanta coach(who is a fucking scumbag).

- Using the advantages that ensued from the shit that Atlanta caused, the Leafs scored some more goals and Atlanta got some more penalties which resulted in more goals for the Leafs.

- A Leafs defencemen by the name of Brian McCabe is now leading the NHL is points (this lovely gentleman is on my fantasy team).

- Leafs coach Pat Quinn after the game heavily criticized the Atlanta coached and called it a "Bloody disgrace" as he was angry as hell in the press conference, despite the Leafs winning the game by a massive margin.

The Leafs will be happy to get the hell out of Atlanta with the 2 points but it took a toll with a few injuries resulting from the cheap-shots that Atlanta players took on them. I fucking hate Atlanta and Bob Hartley now. A new rivalry is born. The Leafs have 3 more games against Atlanta this season.

Offline ScouserTommy37

• Steve Biko, Aung San Suu Kyi, Nelson Mandela and now ScouserTommy37. Stop the repression!
  • Legacy Fan
  • Will there ever be a Rainbow ?
« Reply #157 on: October 15, 2005, 03:22:40 am »
OMG YAY!!!!!!!!!!  The Richmond Hiller got a Hattrick :D (I'm from Richmond Hill just as O'Neill is...) :) here's a funny story.  My high school principal once taught him and he advised him not to go into hockey and it's not a good future there.  Riiiiight.....helped Carolina twat us but it's all forgiven since he's back ^___^

Oh yay Toronto ;)

For you out-of-Toronto lads, I guess you can consider Toronto like Liverpool, Ottawa as Everton (the bitter twats) and Montreal like Man United :D

Every "Battle of Ontario" is like a Liverpool derby for us. 

Hate to break this to you but in my head Montreal are Liverpool.
Come on RAWK lets ave it and you can bring your fuckin dinner as well.

http://www.contrast.org/hillsborough/ <-- Read this JFT96

MICHAEL SHIELDS YOU'LL NEVER WALK ALONE!

"If Jamie Carragher were Italian, we'd build entire dynasties around him." Corriere della Sera

Offline theCanadian

• Potential grass
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #158 on: October 15, 2005, 03:50:33 am »
Hate to break this to you but in my head Montreal are Liverpool.

That's because you're not a Leafs fan so fuck off! ;D ;D ;D

Offline Sami

• vaguely scandinavian
  • Legacy Fan
  • Kome on pool!!!
« Reply #159 on: October 15, 2005, 09:59:21 am »
Hopefully we'll see the future NHL goalie number 1 today in action for the first time. I give you a hint, he plays for The NHL Team, Detroit Red Wings...I'll give you Jim Howard :wave
4-4-2 Sucks