Other
7 (2.1%)
I will spoil my vote
3 (0.9%)
I will not be voting
28 (8.5%)

Total Members Voted: 329

Voting closed: May 31, 2017, 03:44:36 pm

Author Topic: How will you be voting in the General Election on June 8th?  (Read 26175 times)

Offline CornerFlag

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
How will you be voting in the General Election on June 8th?
« on: April 19, 2017, 03:44:36 pm »
How will you be voting in the upcoming UK general election on June 8?  Please don't use this thread to talk about the election, there is an already extant thread for that, just vote in the poll.

Poll expires May 31st.
My Twitter

Last time I went there I saw masturbating chimpanzees. Whether you think that's worthy of £22 is up to you. All I'll say is I now have an annual pass.

Offline HarryLabrador

• went broke, so had to get the retrievers in.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Re: How will you be voting in the General Election on June 8th?
« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2017, 04:01:01 pm »
Liberal. would love to vote Labour but where I live, Labour never existed.
SoS Membership Number: 387

Offline youll never walk alone it

• Can no longer walk alone as he has whiplash... or that's what his insurer thinks
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2017, 04:02:06 pm »
Labour but i in tory land here, but i will still make the effort.
Im drunk  but i havent had  a drink!  bob paisley after rome 77                The times i had here wernt all great, we only  finished 2nd one  season....the great  bob paisley

when shanks was asked  how he relaxed,  he said  he looks at the league table and checks where everton are...

Offline Redman0151

• Stills and Nash Warloch
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3 on: April 19, 2017, 04:04:04 pm »
Labour, nothing else even comes into the conversation
"I would say we certainly have the resources to compete with anybody in football." Tom Werner 12/04/2012

Offline SamAteTheRedAcid

• Currently facing issues around potty training. All help appreciated.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4 on: April 19, 2017, 04:12:31 pm »
La-la-la-la-Labour
get thee to the library before the c*nts close it down

we are a bunch of twats commenting on a website.

Offline 4

• Anny Roader
« Reply #5 on: April 19, 2017, 04:17:11 pm »
Labour, nothing else even comes into the conversation

This.

Offline cowtownred

• We're only making plans for Nigel, We only want what's best for him, We're only making plans for Nigel, Nigel just needs a helping hand
  • RAWK Remembers
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6 on: April 19, 2017, 04:51:48 pm »
Sinn Fein.

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7 on: April 19, 2017, 04:57:20 pm »
I have always ever voted Labour but this time I am voting tactically for the Lib Dems as I am in a Tory (but prior to 2015, Lib Dem) seat. Labour have no chance here.
« Last Edit: April 19, 2017, 04:59:56 pm by killer_heels »

Offline Xabi Gerrard

• WHERE IS MY VOTE?
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8 on: April 19, 2017, 04:58:40 pm »
Question for those of you who voted Labour - are you all for a hard Brexit? I know in a GE you vote for your local MP rather than the party, but given the leader is pushing for Brexit surely any vote for Labour is a vote for hard Brexit?

Genuine question so would appreciate an explanation - I'm in a bit of a dilemma as I'm in a LAB/CON marginal so tactically Labour could really do with my vote to keep out the Tories, but preventing/softening Brexit is literally the only issue for me in this election so looks like I'll be voting for Lib Dems unless there's a reason Labour will do the same?

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9 on: April 19, 2017, 05:03:00 pm »
Question for those of you who voted Labour - are you all for a hard Brexit? I know in a GE you vote for your local MP rather than the party, but given the leader is pushing for Brexit surely any vote for Labour is a vote for hard Brexit?

Genuine question so would appreciate an explanation - I'm in a bit of a dilemma as I'm in a LAB/CON marginal so tactically Labour could really do with my vote to keep out the Tories, but preventing/softening Brexit is literally the only issue for me in this election so looks like I'll be voting for Lib Dems unless there's a reason Labour will do the same?

This election is about stopping the Tories getting more seats. I appreciate people have loyalties (including me) but it's idiotic to vote for anything other than the party most likely to prevent the Tories getting that seat.

Offline Xabi Gerrard

• WHERE IS MY VOTE?
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #10 on: April 19, 2017, 05:12:53 pm »
This election is about stopping the Tories getting more seats. I appreciate people have loyalties (including me) but it's idiotic to vote for anything other than the party most likely to prevent the Tories getting that seat.

For you the election is all about stopping the Tories. For me the election is all about stopping/softening Brexit. Nothing else matters. So voting for the pro-Brexit Corbyn party gets the same end product as voting for the Tories.

Offline TheShanklyGates

• Firmly in the "shake it all about" camp
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Outside The Shankly Gates...
« Reply #11 on: April 19, 2017, 05:13:59 pm »
I'm still undecided but leaning towards the Lib Dems. I live in a safe Tory seat so ultimately my vote doesn't matter whatever I do. I would normally vote Labour without hesitation but I'm struggling to reconcile that with their support of Brexit. All feels completely pointless though.
I've just wiped the sticky residue from my bellend onto the television screen. Taste it Leo. You deserve it.
I would honestly let Wijnaldum jizz in my face right now

Offline Redman0151

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #12 on: April 19, 2017, 05:25:10 pm »
For you the election is all about stopping the Tories. For me the election is all about stopping/softening Brexit. Nothing else matters. So voting for the pro-Brexit Corbyn party gets the same end product as voting for the Tories.

Tell that to the people who will be on the end of the harshest Tory cuts
"I would say we certainly have the resources to compete with anybody in football." Tom Werner 12/04/2012

Offline TravisBickle

• KnowsVotersAreFickle!
  • Legacy Fan
  • RAWK n' Roll
« Reply #13 on: April 19, 2017, 05:25:17 pm »
Labour. Holding my nose.
"My idea was to build Liverpool into a bastion of invincibility. Napoleon had that idea and he conquered the bloody world! And that's what I wanted; for Liverpool to be untouchable. My idea was to build Liverpool up and up and up until eventually everyone would have to submit and give in."

Offline Robinred

• Wanted for burglary.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Red since '64
« Reply #14 on: April 19, 2017, 05:28:54 pm »
"The first revolt is against the supreme tyranny of theology...as long as we have a master in heaven, we will be slaves on earth." Mikhail Bakunin

Offline Xabi Gerrard

• WHERE IS MY VOTE?
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #15 on: April 19, 2017, 05:31:23 pm »

Tell that to the people who will be on the end of the harshest Tory cuts

We're all fucked if Corbyn gets his way on Europe. Preventing that has to be the priority, no?

Offline Zeb

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice.
« Reply #16 on: April 19, 2017, 05:31:29 pm »
Green. Can't support a Brexiting Labour MP under Corbyn. One of Labour's safest seats so it's not changing much.
"And the voices of the standing Kop still whispering in the wind will salute the wee Scots redman and he will still walk on.
And your money will have bought you nothing."

Offline Banquo's Ghost

• Macbeth's on repeat. To boldly split infinitives that lesser men would dare. To.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #17 on: April 19, 2017, 05:34:06 pm »
Labour.

Happily in my case, because my MP is a great representative and reflects my views, and assuming he doesn't get deselected, will be a strong voice in reinventing the party towards electability. Brexit I'm afraid, is not an issue that can be solved in this election. Laying the groundwork for a restored Labour Party very much is.
Be humble, for you are made of earth. Be noble, for you are made of stars.

Offline Outer Mongolian Red

• Rafa ran over my dog. Then shot it. Fact
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #18 on: April 19, 2017, 05:38:01 pm »
Lib Dems.

Only main party with some opposition to Brexit so I haven't a choice really.

Online Fiasco

• Just add water to foam at the mouth. Can't spell San Francisco. Has promised to eat his own cock. Cannibal Self-Harm in that case.....
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96.
« Reply #19 on: April 19, 2017, 05:38:32 pm »
I'm in a very safe Labour seat and have been a Labour supporter for as long as I've been interested in politics and that is going back before I could even vote. However I do not recognise the party in its current state, it isn't an opposition, Corbyn is a disaster and their stance in regards to Brexit made me sick to my stomach.

I would top myself before I ever had to vote for the Tories or anything to the right but I am not sure if I'll be voting for Labour. If the election was tomorrow I probably would but with a bit of time to go before it I'll be weighing up my options. Of course, stopping the Tories getting more seats is high on the agenda but I don't know if voting for Labour is something I can do given the state it is in.

Online TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
« Reply #20 on: April 19, 2017, 05:43:20 pm »
Go on ...

Who's the Tory

;D
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline oldfordie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #21 on: April 19, 2017, 05:45:02 pm »
+1
I appreciate it's going to be an awful 5 yrs if the Torys win but I think Brexit is going to hurt the lives of everybody far worse. Brexit will hurt people in ways we haven't even thought of yet, my consideration right now is for my Children and Grand children futures.
All Corbyn had to say was how can I vote to support triggering art 50 until I know what the implications are. I want the people of this country to have a say on the final deal. this is not ignoring the wishes of the people,this is respecting the wishes of the people.
Thats all he had to say but he hasn't, he walked into the Tory trap and ive no idea what he would do even if he won the GE.
Theres only one thing politicians respect,votes, am afraid Corbyns Labour has left me no choice, my vote has to send a message to the Torys, no hard Brexit.
It might take our producers five minutes to find 60 economists who feared Brexit and five hours to find a sole voice who espoused it.
“But by the time we went on air we simply had one of each; we presented this unequal effort to our audience as balance. It wasn’t.”
               Emily Maitlis

Offline Danny55

• Main Stander
  • Evertonian
« Reply #22 on: April 19, 2017, 05:51:17 pm »
+1
I appreciate it's going to be an awful 5 yrs if the Torys win but I think Brexit is going to hurt the lives of everybody far worse. Brexit will hurt people in ways we haven't even thought of yet, my consideration right now is for my Children and Grand children futures.
All Corbyn had to say was how can I vote to support triggering art 50 until I know what the implications are. I want the people of this country to have a say on the final deal. this is not ignoring the wishes of the people,this is respecting the wishes of the people.
Thats all he had to say but he hasn't, he walked into the Tory trap and ive no idea what he would do even if he won the GE.
Theres only one thing politicians respect,votes, am afraid Corbyns Labour has left me no choice, my vote has to send a message to the Torys, no hard Brexit.

I don't think people on here appreciate how much Labour would've been ripped apart for opposing Brexit following the referendum. You saw what the likes of The Mail did to those judges, ramp that rhetoric up by 1000 for the shitstorm that would have came Labour's way.

Just think about how it plays when everyone frames you as the opposition who goes against the will of the people. Sure, it's a principled position us on RAWK would go for but how is it playing with your average voter?

Offline SP

• Thor ain't got shit on this dude! Alpheus. SPoogle. The Equusfluminis Of RAWK. Straight in at the deep end with a tube of Vagisil. Needs to get a half-life. Needs a damned good de-frag.
  • RAWK Staff.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Southern Pansy
« Reply #23 on: April 19, 2017, 05:54:59 pm »
By making a cross shaped mark with a pencil on the ballot paper.

Offline Xabi Gerrard

• WHERE IS MY VOTE?
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #24 on: April 19, 2017, 05:57:56 pm »
I don't think people on here appreciate how much Labour would've been ripped apart for opposing Brexit following the referendum. You saw what the likes of The Mail did to those judges, ramp that rhetoric up by 1000 for the shitstorm that would have came Labour's way.

Just think about how it plays when everyone frames you as the opposition who goes against the will of the people. Sure, it's a principled position us on RAWK would go for but how is it playing with your average voter?

I think if played competently Labour could have used being pro-Remain, or at least pushing for soft remain, to their advantage. The 'average voter' isn't the Mail/S*n reading fuckwit that May's constantly playing to. There's 50% of the country desperate for a strong leader to stop this madness, probably more than 50% now that people have had a tiny taste of what's to come (holiday's being more expensive, £350m/week not going to the NHS, etc) and there's been a years worth of Brexit voters dying of old age.

Being pro-Remain (or at least pushing for the softest of Brexit's with a Norwegian style model) wouldn't have been the death sentence for the party you think it would have been IF it was done properly.

Offline Danny55

• Main Stander
  • Evertonian
« Reply #25 on: April 19, 2017, 06:03:10 pm »
I think if played competently Labour could have used being pro-Remain, or at least pushing for soft remain, to their advantage. The 'average voter' isn't the Mail/S*n reading fuckwit that May's constantly playing to. There's 50% of the country desperate for a strong leader to stop this madness, probably more than 50% now that people have had a tiny taste of what's to come (holiday's being more expensive, £350m/week not going to the NHS, etc).

Being pro-Remain (or at least pushing for the softest of Brexit's with a Norwegian style model) wouldn't have been the death sentence for the party you think it would have been IF it was done properly.

I just can't see how you present the idea on the doorstep that you're going against a democratic vote. It's just an open goal for the Tory machine which is ruthless enough anyway.

Then you've got those Labour towns which voted strongly for Brexit, surely that would've played right into Ukip hands?

Offline oldfordie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #26 on: April 19, 2017, 06:07:50 pm »

I understand your point but Corbyn played into the hands of the Torys from day 1. the Torys were allowed to change the mindset of millions, a vote against triggering art 50 became treason. you are ignoring the wishes of the people. he had no chance when he allowed this propaganda to flourish.
It should have been stopped in it's tracks.
It might take our producers five minutes to find 60 economists who feared Brexit and five hours to find a sole voice who espoused it.
“But by the time we went on air we simply had one of each; we presented this unequal effort to our audience as balance. It wasn’t.”
               Emily Maitlis

Offline Danny55

• Main Stander
  • Evertonian
« Reply #27 on: April 19, 2017, 06:15:26 pm »
I understand your point but Corbyn played into the hands of the Torys from day 1. the Torys were allowed to change the mindset of millions, a vote against triggering art 50 became treason. you are ignoring the wishes of the people. he had no chance when he allowed this propaganda to flourish.
It should have been stopped in it's tracks.

As I said earlier, the Tory machine is absolutely ruthless and unfortunately Labour can't compete with it. I just couldn't foresee a circumstance in which it would've played.

You know what, they might as well have rolled the dice though as we're heading for oblivion anyway.

Offline SP

• Thor ain't got shit on this dude! Alpheus. SPoogle. The Equusfluminis Of RAWK. Straight in at the deep end with a tube of Vagisil. Needs to get a half-life. Needs a damned good de-frag.
  • RAWK Staff.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Southern Pansy
« Reply #28 on: April 19, 2017, 06:15:36 pm »
I just can't see how you present the idea on the doorstep that you're going against a democratic vote. It's just an open goal for the Tory machine which is ruthless enough anyway.

Then you've got those Labour towns which voted strongly for Brexit, surely that would've played right into Ukip hands?

The approach there is that you have a list of things to be delivered by the exit negotiation. If the deal does not deliver those items, you refer it back to the people.  If the Brexit that was promised is not delivered the people get to choose whether to accept the Brexit that has been offered.  The message is that the Tory Politicians cannot be trusted, a message that would play well with many Leave supporters.

That way Leave supporters are mollified because you are challenging May to deliver the deal that they are expecting - with no economic consequences... and the remain supporters are happy because they know that deal is impossible, and there will be a sanity check vote.

Offline Xabi Gerrard

• WHERE IS MY VOTE?
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #29 on: April 19, 2017, 06:16:18 pm »

You frame it as "once we know EXACTLY what Brexit will look like, then we vote again to see if that's what we really want". You force home that THAT is the real democratic thing to do - however loud May & Frottage shout about "will of the people", you shout even louder about letting the people decide once they know the full story in two years time. You force home the lies about the NHS, you force home the reality of holiday's abroad being more expensive, etc. You've already got half the country on your side. It was doable - Corbyn just chose to side with the Tories because he believes in the same thing as them. And it's why as someone who wants to prevent/soften Brexit it just doesn't make any sense for me to vote Labour even though I'm in a LAB/CON marginal.

Offline Cliff Bastin

• Big Exeter fan, pretending to be a gooner, pretending...yawn
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #30 on: April 19, 2017, 06:16:45 pm »
A Unionist party.

Offline Alan_X

• WUM. 'twatito' - The Cat Herding Firm But Fair Voice Of Reason (Except when he's got a plank up his arse). Gimme some skin, priest! Has a general dislike for Elijah Wood. Clearly cannot fill even a thong! RAWK Resident Muppet. Has a crush o
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Come on you fucking red men!!!
  • Super Title: This is super!
« Reply #31 on: April 19, 2017, 06:22:03 pm »

I'm in a Tory seat that's been Labour in the past. I'll vote Labour in the vain hope* that some miracle happens.

*My seat doesn't even appear on the tactical voting guides.
Sid Lowe (@sidlowe)
09/03/2011 08:04
Give a man a mask and he will tell the truth, Give a man a user name and he will act like a total twat.
Its all about winning shiny things.

Offline Redman0151

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #32 on: April 19, 2017, 06:24:44 pm »
We're all fucked if Corbyn gets his way on Europe. Preventing that has to be the priority, no?

No matter how you vote it's not going to change the Brexit fallout now

Online jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"
« Reply #33 on: April 19, 2017, 06:34:41 pm »
I really haven't a clue, a last minute decision for me.
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"

Offline oldfordie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #34 on: April 19, 2017, 06:36:09 pm »
As I said earlier, the Tory machine is absolutely ruthless and unfortunately Labour can't compete with it. I just couldn't foresee a circumstance in which it would've played.

You know what, they might as well have rolled the dice though as we're heading for oblivion anyway.
I can, Corbyn not saying "art 50 has to be triggered now "the day after the vote. the first few months were very confused. nobody had any idea what Brexit would mean, after a few months the Torys  started telling the Country everybody voted to leave the single market. If they did then whats the problem in getting this opinion endorsed by the public because thats all it is, an opinion. it's also a lie to get the Torys out of the s... their ministers promised voters an impossible Brexit they never dreamed they would have to deliver. so when this goes wrong the Torys can claim they put democracy ahead of everything, the people voted for this and we've delivered.
               Emily Maitlis

Offline J_Kopite

• Is he or isn't she? Cougar toy.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #35 on: April 19, 2017, 06:39:58 pm »
I'll be going to my local polling station

Offline Kashinoda

• More broken biscuits than made of crisps
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • ....mmm
« Reply #36 on: April 19, 2017, 06:49:07 pm »
Early days but telling how much the Dems have gained over Labour among RAWKites since the last GE:

:D

Offline youll never walk alone it

• Can no longer walk alone as he has whiplash... or that's what his insurer thinks
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #37 on: April 19, 2017, 06:52:31 pm »
A Unionist party.
a good old catholic club like arsenal and you voting unionist?

only messing..
Im drunk  but i havent had  a drink!  bob paisley after rome 77                The times i had here wernt all great, we only  finished 2nd one  season....the great  bob paisley

when shanks was asked  how he relaxed,  he said  he looks at the league table and checks where everton are...

Offline Redman0151

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #38 on: April 19, 2017, 06:52:42 pm »
Early days but telling how much the Dems have gained over Labour among RAWKites since the last GE:

23 shithouse Tory's and a few kippers

Offline J_Kopite

• Is he or isn't she? Cougar toy.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #39 on: April 19, 2017, 06:56:18 pm »
A Unionist party.

I might have found a Conservative and 'unionist' party hurtling towards a hard Brexit threatening the union itself quite funny if it didn't vastly impact our security as a country.