Poll

Who would you prefer to win the league?

Chelsea
Spurs
Don't care - I dislike them equally

Author Topic: Title Race - Who would you rather win?  (Read 9176 times)

Offline LiverLuke

• RAWK's Respectable Poster Boy :)
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Title Race - Who would you rather win?
« on: April 16, 2017, 10:21:39 pm »
Just a bit of fun, although it does look like Chelsea have it with a 4 point lead, it at least looks a bit closer now,

So who would you rather won the league this year?

Personally I would rather Chelsea as I would dislike seeing spurs end their drought before us, another PL title for chelsea and their moneybags is pretty meh to me, spurs would be a pretty big thing tho (and it does look unlikely)

Offline sms1986

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Title Race - Who would you rather win?
« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2017, 10:23:04 pm »
Liverpool. ;D

Seriously, though, I like Spurs more than I like Chelsea, and it would be funny if Chelsea fell at the last hurdle to let Spurs win the title, so I voted for Spurs. I would only really care about the drought if they had anywhere near the same number of titles as we do.

Offline Lycan

• Loves egg. Quite partial to a nipple too. Once came into contact with Jeremy Beadle and his tiny right hand. I used to be a Werewolf, but I'm alright noooooooooowww!!!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2017, 10:31:54 pm »
Mentioned it already today. Wouldn't want Chelsea winning anything. The only time I'd kind of be o.k with it is if it stopped Man Utd winning something.

Chelsea fans are absolute c*nt's who have disrespected Hillsborough and the 96 on many occasions. So fuck em.

Spurs get my vote, even though their fans on social media are really cocky and annoying.
“There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. A high-powered mutant of some kind, never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die.”

Offline Iska

• Legacy Fan
  • The only club that matters
« Reply #3 on: April 16, 2017, 10:44:18 pm »
Mentioned it already today. Wouldn't want Chelsea winning anything. The only time I'd kind of be o.k with it is if it stopped Man Utd winning something.
Same.  And even then ...

Also Chelsea have five titles and that's already too many.  Don't want them thinking they're getting into the bracket of, say, Sunderland.

Offline sms1986

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4 on: April 16, 2017, 10:48:36 pm »
Same.  And even then ...

Also Chelsea have five titles and that's already too many.  Don't want them thinking they're getting into the bracket of, say, Sunderland.

Wow, Sunderland have six league titles!?

Sure, most of them were in the 19th century, but that's about...six more than I would have thought! ;D

Offline BER

• Goat fondler.
  • Legacy Fan
  • FLOSS IS BOSS!!
« Reply #5 on: April 16, 2017, 10:49:12 pm »
I'd rather Chelsea win it. Don't want Spurs stealing our thunder.

Offline Anfield Ed

• Middle name "Dick". Wants it hard, wants it fast.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Internet Warrior #224
« Reply #6 on: April 16, 2017, 10:58:08 pm »
Chelsea because they've already been there and done that. If Spurs win it, it means them leap frogging us as we'll be the only one from the top 6 not to have won the premier league. Plus Chelsea winning the league again will not add much to what is already a top tier team. Spurs winning the league puts them automatically in a higher bracket.

Plus most of their supporters are arseholes. So I'll keep with the devil I know in Chelsea.

Offline reddebs

• areddwarfis4lifenotjust4xmas
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7 on: April 16, 2017, 11:02:18 pm »
I'd hate yet another team to win a PL before we do so it has to be the Chelsea for me.

The spuds would be insufferable if they some how manage to win one 😈

« Last Edit: April 16, 2017, 11:04:50 pm by reddebs »

Offline sms1986

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8 on: April 16, 2017, 11:03:17 pm »
Chelsea because they've already been there and done that. If Spurs win it, it means them leap frogging us as we'll be the only one from the top 6 not to have won the premier league. Plus Chelsea winning the league again will not add much to what is already a top tier team. Spurs winning the league puts them automatically in a higher bracket.

Plus most of their supporters are arseholes. So I'll keep with the devil I know in Chelsea.

I don't get why people love to divide the Premier League from the old First Division so much, it's the same thing. If we win the league with Klopp (something I am quite sure will happen), we won't be winning our first league title, we will be winning our nineteenth league title.

Offline Anfield Ed

• Middle name "Dick". Wants it hard, wants it fast.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Internet Warrior #224
« Reply #9 on: April 16, 2017, 11:08:45 pm »
I don't get why people love to divide the Premier League from the old First Division so much, it's the same thing. If we win the league with Klopp (something I am quite sure will happen), we won't be winning our first league title, we will be winning our nineteenth league title.

I agree with you but we'd still be considered the last of the 'big 6' to win the league if Spurs somehow manage it as is the media narrative nowadays....

Plus we'd never hear the end of it if Spurs win it - and without big money signings.  I can handle another Chelsea title but not sure I can handle a Spurs triumph. Plus their fans are almost as bad as Chelsea fans so fuck them.

Offline jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"
« Reply #10 on: April 16, 2017, 11:10:44 pm »
Neither if I'm honest. Can't stand Chelsea and Spurs are already being crazily hyped up by the media, before they've actually won anything. If they did it, it would be unbearable.
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"

Offline Sir Psycho Sexy

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #11 on: April 16, 2017, 11:14:54 pm »
I like Chelsea more than spurs, and would rather spurs win the league over Chelsea under normal circumstances.

However, that also means spurs winning the league. You see the problem.
I would honestly let Wijnaldum jizz in my face right now

Offline jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"
« Reply #12 on: April 16, 2017, 11:18:19 pm »
Good god 21 people going for Spurs when neither is also on there.  :o
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"

Offline PeterTheRed ...

• Edgelord. Fabrizio Romanovic, Tancredi Palmerovic, Christian Falkovic, Duncan Castlovic, Jan Aage Fjortovic
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #13 on: April 16, 2017, 11:19:16 pm »
Chelsea. I hate their fucking club, but Tottenham winning it could be more damaging for us in the long run.

Offline Barneylfc∗

• Cross-dressing man-bag wielding golfer. Wannabe Mod. Coprophiliac. Would like to buy an airline seat if he could. Known 'grass'. Wants to go home to He-Man
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #14 on: April 16, 2017, 11:27:08 pm »

I think the wording of that option, which I went for also, is important. I don't dislike them equally. I dislike United and Chelsea equally. I dislike Spurs but less than I dislike Chelsea. But I also don't want to see Spurs win the league. All this shite about them doing it 'the right way' aswell. They've spent about £350m in the last 5 seasons. Around £70m a season. Is that  'the right way'?
Craig Burnley V West Ham - WEST HAM WIN - INCORRECT

Offline ...

• Better than "Wall's Viennetta". Fact.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #15 on: April 16, 2017, 11:27:55 pm »
the spurs love in would be horrible

Offline Doc Red

• Chills before posting and wishes others had too
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The eye cannot see what the mind does not know.
« Reply #16 on: April 16, 2017, 11:37:01 pm »
I picked Spurs Chelsea.
Chelsea are Chelsea, they've been big spenders and we're not competing for the same sorts of players.
Tottenham are the team that seem to have a similar structure or business plan as ours (i.e aren't the biggest spenders), and we're competing for the same types of players at the same market value. They've already shifted ahead of us over the last 5 years or so, a title would absolutely cement their credentials as major players in the league and it would be at the expense of Arsenal and ourselves.

In short, they gain far more from a league title than Chelsea would, and only because of that reason I'd rather Chelsea won it.
« Last Edit: April 16, 2017, 11:39:06 pm by Doc Red »
The child who is not embraced by the village will burn it down to feel its warmth.
There go my people. I must follow them, for I am their leader.

Offline LiverLuke

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #17 on: April 16, 2017, 11:48:00 pm »
I picked Spurs Chelsea.
Chelsea are Chelsea, they've been big spenders and we're not competing for the same sorts of players.
Tottenham are the team that seem to have a similar structure or business plan as ours (i.e aren't the biggest spenders), and we're competing for the same types of players at the same market value. They've already shifted ahead of us over the last 5 years or so, a title would absolutely cement their credentials as major players in the league and it would be at the expense of Arsenal and ourselves.

In short, they gain far more from a league title than Chelsea would, and only because of that reason I'd rather Chelsea won it.

yup pretty much my reasoning

Offline Another Red

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #18 on: April 17, 2017, 12:31:51 am »

Neither is not possible.

Offline LiverLuke

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #19 on: April 17, 2017, 12:48:31 am »
just to clarify it's not neither, it's you don't care or have a preference over which one wins and are as bad as each other

Offline Sir Psycho Sexy

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #20 on: April 17, 2017, 12:49:15 am »
I think the wording of that option, which I went for also, is important. I don't dislike them equally. I dislike United and Chelsea equally. I dislike Spurs but less than I dislike Chelsea. But I also don't want to see Spurs win the league. All this shite about them doing it 'the right way' aswell. They've spent about £350m in the last 5 seasons. Around £70m a season. Is that  'the right way'?
Most of it has come from sales though (I think), so I suppose so yeah
I would honestly let Wijnaldum jizz in my face right now

Offline deFacto please, you bastards

• Apologies if I haven't responded to every post in every thread yet, I'm trying hard. farKnow.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #21 on: April 17, 2017, 12:55:48 am »
I picked Spurs Chelsea.

My reasoning as well

Offline Filler.

• Up. resurrected. Keeps his Kath in a cage, but not sure if the new baby is in there as well. Studying for a Masters in Semiotics.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #22 on: April 17, 2017, 01:04:00 am »
Doesn't feel anything to do with me. Who I would rather win is not a question I could answer.

Offline Barneylfc∗

• Cross-dressing man-bag wielding golfer. Wannabe Mod. Coprophiliac. Would like to buy an airline seat if he could. Known 'grass'. Wants to go home to He-Man
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #23 on: April 17, 2017, 01:04:18 am »
Most of it has come from sales though (I think), so I suppose so yeah

That must only matter when it's a London club then, as net spend didn't matter when that stick was being used to beat us with in the last decade or more.

Offline Greatness

• Spineless and gutless
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #24 on: April 17, 2017, 01:05:10 am »
They have a considerably lower net spend then us along with a lower wage bill. It would be embarrassing if they won the league before us.

Compared to the other big 5 teams it would be a right way of doing things and actually succeeding.  No massive injection of cash City Chelsea style or paying over the top stupid wages, they have had to be patient and sell players on and reinvest that back into the team.

« Last Edit: April 17, 2017, 01:12:55 am by Greatness »

Offline Barneylfc∗

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #25 on: April 17, 2017, 01:11:47 am »
They have a considerably lower net spend then us along with a lower wage bill. It would be embarrassing if they won the league before us.

Compared to the other big 5 teams it would be a right way of doing things and actually succeeding.  No massive injection of cash City Chelsea style or paying over the top stupid wages, they have had to be patient and sell players on and reinvest that back into the team.

Who is 'us' you refer to? It's never been clear who you 'support'

And why did you delete the rest of your post?

Offline Skidder.

• Minster. Aka The Censored Baron XII. I remember watching that as a skid!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Kloppite
« Reply #26 on: April 17, 2017, 01:13:51 am »
Spurs any day of the week - never minded Spurs and was laughed off here a few times for saying that they're amassing a good team and could see them challenging for the title.

Hate the fact that they've got a few targets that we were reportedly after and have been savvy in the transfer market - but would rather them get the title if I'm honest... Would certainly shake things up a little and wipe the smug grins from the plastic shite.
Continually on 11,420.

Offline Greatness

• Spineless and gutless
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #27 on: April 17, 2017, 01:16:48 am »

Who is 'us' you refer to? It's never been clear who you 'support'

And why did you delete the rest of your post?
Mate its laughable to dismiss they have not tried to do things the right way, they don't spend obscene transfers fee's.  The net spend over the last 5 years is pretty much break even. We are 20 million plus every year.   http://www.transferleague.co.uk/premier-league-last-five-seasons/transfer-league-tables/premier-league-table-last-five-seasons.

All this while having the lowest wage bill out of the top 6, how can you say they have done this on big money alone?!

They have a proper structure in place and have just been smarter then quite a few sides who are much richer then them.

On that notion if we challenge for the league again at some point or win it are you saying we shouldn't be given any praise, because our expenditure dwarfs Spurs considerably.
« Last Edit: April 17, 2017, 01:29:33 am by Greatness »

Offline SwordInYourGut

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #28 on: April 17, 2017, 01:29:37 am »
Mate its laughable to dismiss they have not tried to do things the right way, they don't spend obscene transfers fee's.  The net spend over the last 5 years is pretty much break even. We are 20 million plus every year.   http://www.transferleague.co.uk/premier-league-last-five-seasons/transfer-league-tables/premier-league-table-last-five-seasons.

All this while having the lowest wage bill out of the top 6, how can you say they have done this on big money alone?!

They have a proper structure in place and have just been smarter then quite a few sides who are much richer then them.

On that notion if we challenge for the league again at some point are you saying we shouldn't be given any praise, because our resources dwarf Spurs considerably.
They don't have any structure. They struck luck with a fantastic manager after a million attempts. No club with a proper structure appoints Sherwood as manager.

Offline Barneylfc∗

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #29 on: April 17, 2017, 01:30:15 am »

Yet they've won the square root of fuck all for 10 years. Interesting that.
Fair play to them, they're taking advantage of finishing above clubs in some sort of turmoil (for want of a better word), and Man City once or twice, but ultimately they've still won absolutely nothing.
My point was more of a dig at the bellend journo's and opposition fans that constantly used our gross spend year on year while dismissing net spend.

Offline FinnanTastic

• Anny Roader
« Reply #30 on: April 17, 2017, 01:35:37 am »
Spurs all day long, granted they have a few knob fans, but the majority are good lads. Wont see them booing and chanting during a minutes silence for Hillsborough.

Offline sms1986

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #31 on: April 17, 2017, 01:39:05 am »
Spurs all day long, granted they have a few knob fans, but the majority are good lads. Wont see them booing and chanting during a minutes silence for Hillsborough.

I would hope not, seeing as one of the 96 was a Spurs fan who went along with his Liverpool supporting friends (and our disaster was just eight years after Spurs almost had a similar disaster at the same stadium).

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-26992939

Offline RuncornRed25

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #32 on: April 17, 2017, 01:40:38 am »
Spurs

The average Spurs fan is a bit of a dick, I say that tongue in cheek but far more classier than Chelsea fans, plus Poch seems alright, would have no issues with them winning the league ,

Offline FinnanTastic

• Anny Roader
« Reply #33 on: April 17, 2017, 01:40:53 am »
2012 fa cup semi final shows the difference between them

Offline Caligula?

• Most Negative poster on site, Moan, Moan, Moan, Liverpool are shite... Does he ever stop
  • Legacy Fan
  • SPQR
« Reply #34 on: April 17, 2017, 01:45:31 am »
I'd hate yet another team to win a PL before we do so it has to be the Chelsea for me.

The spuds would be insufferable if they some how manage to win one 😈

Yeah, exactly. First Leicester and then Tottenham while we miss out. The Tottenham fans would be insufferable, while Chelsea's have been there done that.

And then cue the inevitable "Christian Fuchs 1-0 Liverpool, Vincent Janssen 1-0 Liverpool" banter in terms of PL title wins.

Offline FinnanTastic

• Anny Roader
« Reply #35 on: April 17, 2017, 01:46:44 am »
Except "Shelfside spurs" they loath us for some reason

Offline sms1986

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #36 on: April 17, 2017, 01:50:51 am »
Yeah, exactly. First Leicester and then Tottenham while we miss out. The Tottenham fans would be insufferable, while Chelsea's have been there done that.

And then cue the inevitable "Christian Fuchs 1-0 Liverpool, Vincent Janssen 1-0 Liverpool" banter in terms of PL title wins.

Just tell them how many titles and trophies we won during their drought if they do win the title this season.

Offline ElCapo

• Legacy Fan
  • Bayern Munich - Mia San Mia
« Reply #37 on: April 17, 2017, 04:57:09 am »
I'd rather Spurs win it for 2 reasons:

1) I hate Chelsea
2) Arsenal Fan TV meltdown would be amazing

Offline Statto Red

• Hung like a sperm whale but only around the middle. Proud owner of a couple of spare arms, although is pits pong like the bins, not very appealing. Bambi on ice.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Kloppite
« Reply #38 on: April 17, 2017, 05:56:04 am »
I'd rather Spurs win it for 2 reasons:

1) I hate Chelsea
2) Arsenal Fan TV meltdown would be amazing

Arsenal fan TV meltdown will be hilarious if Spurs won the title, & Arsenal finished outside the top 4. ;D
#Sausages

Offline BlackandWhitePaul

• Principled Newcastle fan- who gave up following his team rather than support Saudi takeover
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #39 on: April 17, 2017, 06:07:11 am »
Hate Chelsea
Hate Man U
Hate Arsenal
Hate Sunderland
Hate Middlesborough
Hate any team managed by Fat Sam
Hate any team managed by Pardew
Hate any team managed by MacClaren

Not too bothered who wins the League so long as it's none of the above     :)