Author Topic: Daniel Sturridge  (Read 387762 times)

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Daniel Sturridge in decline: Speed statistics highlight the problem
« Reply #760 on: April 22, 2017, 07:58:31 pm »
I see your point, but DS surely must have a way worse injury record than Andy did for us?

Probably but the jist of that post was that any team would consider a talented player. And we can all agree Sturridge has more talent than Big Andy.

Offline dogeibbor

• Anny Roader
  • He wants to come
« Reply #761 on: April 22, 2017, 08:01:39 pm »
Probably but the jist of that post was that any team would consider a talented player. And we can all agree Sturridge has more talent than Big Andy.

Yeah.. I think its gonna depend upon if he is willing to step down a notch club wise.. none of the top ones can take a gamble on his fitness.

So I hope you are right, but I think you are wrong  ;)

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #762 on: April 22, 2017, 08:03:16 pm »
Yeah.. I think its gonna depend upon if he is willing to step down a notch club wise.. none of the top ones can take a gamble on his fitness.

So I hope you are right, but I think you are wrong  ;)

I hope I'm wrong too but for different reasons because I want him to stay and put his troubles behind him.  :D

But I know that's very unlikely.

Offline newterp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #763 on: April 22, 2017, 08:12:29 pm »
I didn't know you posted on RAWK Jose. Fuck off back to Red Cafe  :P

ok  :P

Offline MrRaptorTurtle

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #764 on: April 22, 2017, 08:15:34 pm »
It honestly baffles me how someone can be so injury prone, such a shame aswell! One of the most natural finishers of the ball I've ever saw!

Offline deFacto please, you bastards

• Apologies if I haven't responded to every post in every thread yet, I'm trying hard. farKnow.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #765 on: April 22, 2017, 11:25:59 pm »
It honestly baffles me how someone can be so injury prone, such a shame aswell! One of the most natural finishers of the ball I've ever saw!

I'm not sure why it's baffling you mate, he's not he first lad in the history of football to be this injury prone. We've had several of players like this at our club in the last 15 years

-Agger
-Smicer
-Kewell
-Aurelio

Just to name a few. Outside of us, there's Rossi who has done his ACL 3 or 4 times in his career, Alexandro Pato who has had over 35 injuries in his career, Vincent Kompany, etc..

Offline smurfinaus

• Legacy Fan
  • Hi Ho Hi Ho its off to <insert location> we go :P
« Reply #766 on: April 23, 2017, 01:09:08 am »
The guy is injured yet again????

Offline Filler.

• Up. resurrected. Keeps his Kath in a cage, but not sure if the new baby is in there as well. Studying for a Masters in Semiotics.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #767 on: April 23, 2017, 02:07:29 am »
Fucks sake. Saw this and thought it would be about how good it'll be having him on the bench etc. Really feel for him.

You could have been excused for building a team around Sturridge. I don't think we were ever going to or anything, but if you wanted to, you could.  Was really looking forward to him leading the line way back when, but it's just been horrendous for him ever since. Been a galling few years. Just want to see him pop one more away.

Offline jooneyisdagod

• Doesn't like having pussy round the house
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #768 on: April 23, 2017, 02:44:16 am »
He's done at the top level. And to think people thought he should replace Coutinho after that Leicester game.  :duh
Quote from: Dion Fanning

The chants for Kenny Dalglish that were heard again on Wednesday do not necessarily mean that the fans see him as the saviour. This is not Newcastle, longing for the return of Kevin Keegan. Simply, Dalglish represents everything Hodgson is not and, in fairness, everything Hodgson could or would not hope to be.

Offline tommy LFC

• Despite his sophistication, intelligence, wit, charm and extraordinary good looks, nobody wanted to give him one...
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • VAR is shite.
« Reply #769 on: April 23, 2017, 04:44:16 am »
It's got to the point where if someone offers close to 20 million we should take it. There's always a risk that he'll have a couple of relatively injury free years and prove to be a bargain but it's just not working here.

He will not get a run of 90 minutes here even if he is fit and his confidence needs that.

I would love to see him try his hand abroad in a less intense league.
Let us never forget Rafael Benitez and what he did for us. A fighter full of guts and passion. A gentleman full of class and dignity. A football manager full of intelligence and pure genius. A Legend.
Adios Rafa, buena suerte.

Some people say I'm a dreamer...

Offline Clayton Bigsby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #770 on: April 23, 2017, 04:59:11 am »
Would love him to go to a team and be main man again and have a second wind in his career

Offline jepovic

• Only interested in the "prestigious" games, so won't be celebrating anything less.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Meh sd f
« Reply #771 on: April 23, 2017, 06:05:16 am »
It's got to the point where if someone offers close to 20 million we should take it. There's always a risk that he'll have a couple of relatively injury free years and prove to be a bargain but it's just not working here.

He will not get a run of 90 minutes here even if he is fit and his confidence needs that.

I would love to see him try his hand abroad in a less intense league.
He would have to take a big pay cut to leave us. No club will offer us 20M and DS 150 k/w. Probably about half of both. Foreign clubs even less.

Offline asim173

• Main Stander
« Reply #772 on: April 23, 2017, 09:19:28 am »
Realistically the only Premiership team I can see taking him is West Ham. But even then, I don't think they would pay more than Ł15 million for him.

Offline dogeibbor

• Anny Roader
  • He wants to come
« Reply #773 on: April 23, 2017, 09:23:57 am »
He would have to take a big pay cut to leave us. No club will offer us 20M and DS 150 k/w. Probably about half of both. Foreign clubs even less.

And who in their right mind would want to take that kind of pay cut, especially when not fit? So pretty sure he will be here out his contract.

Offline CraigDS

• Lite. Smelt it and dealt it. Worrawhopper.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #774 on: April 23, 2017, 09:24:36 am »
Would love him to go to a team and be main man again and have a second wind in his career

He'd be the main man at any club, including here, if he could stay fit. The problem is it's unlikely he will do so no matter where he ends up which is a real shame.

Offline ScubaSteve

• Sworn enemy of SnorkelStephanie
  • Legacy Fan
  • Every other Saturday's me half day off......
« Reply #775 on: April 23, 2017, 09:33:48 am »
I'll be pissed off if we don't sell him on after this season and get him off the wage bill!

Players should be dropped to half pay like the real world if they're injured for so long. He's a fucking joke..

Talented lad but what's the point. Close this thread, move him on and good luck to him in the future

Offline JamesG L4

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #776 on: April 23, 2017, 09:36:14 am »
I'll be pissed off if we don't sell him on after this season and get him off the wage bill!

Players should be dropped to half pay like the real world if they're injured for so long. He's a fucking joke..

Talented lad but what's the point. Close this thread, move him on and good luck to him in the future

Where do you start with brain shite like this?

I hope he leaves to a standing ovation in May, otherwise the pond life will get more and more vile.
---It's just a ride and we can change it any time we want. It's only a choice. No effort, no work, no job, no savings and money, a choice, right now, between fear and love-- william melvin hicks

Offline CraigDS

• Lite. Smelt it and dealt it. Worrawhopper.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #777 on: April 23, 2017, 09:44:17 am »
He's a fucking joke..

I never get this sort of abuse of a player. He's not exactly injuring himself and can't help that he clearly has a condition which makes him injury prone.

Offline aggerdid

• Reads the subtitles on "Queer as Folk" from right to left
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #778 on: April 23, 2017, 09:54:34 am »
Obviously a great player in his day but thats gone now. Time to get someone who can contribute to future seasons more than just the odd cameo
We must embrace pain and burn it as fuel for our journey - Kenji Miyazawa

Offline harryc

• ane ;)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We All Live in a Red and a White Kop
« Reply #779 on: April 23, 2017, 10:24:25 am »
Will any club be stupid enough to stump up Ł20M+ for him and his wages on top.

Offline mc_red22

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #780 on: April 23, 2017, 10:26:39 am »
Will any club be stupid enough to stump up Ł20M+ for him and his wages on top.

West Ham would be stupid enough.

Offline tommy LFC

• Despite his sophistication, intelligence, wit, charm and extraordinary good looks, nobody wanted to give him one...
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • VAR is shite.
« Reply #781 on: April 23, 2017, 10:44:06 am »
Realistically the only Premiership team I can see taking him is West Ham. But even then, I don't think they would pay more than Ł15 million for him.

I don't know, the money floating around is hideous. Southampton paid 12 million for Shane Long and he has 5 goals this season. West Brom paid the same amount for Rondon and he has 7 goals. Bournmouth paid around 10 million for Afobe who has 4 goals this year. And lets not forget *around* 30 million for Benteke, although he's given them a decent return of 14 goals.

When you consider all the above strikers for decent fees, taking a punt of 15-20 million on Sturridge might be quite appealing.
Let us never forget Rafael Benitez and what he did for us. A fighter full of guts and passion. A gentleman full of class and dignity. A football manager full of intelligence and pure genius. A Legend.

Offline Gerry Attrick

• Sancho's dad. Tight-arse, non-jackpot-sharing get :)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #782 on: April 23, 2017, 10:51:53 am »
I don't know, the money floating around is hideous. Southampton paid 12 million for Shane Long and he has 5 goals this season. West Brom paid the same amount for Rondon and he has 7 goals. Bournmouth paid around 10 million for Afobe who has 4 goals this year. And lets not forget *around* 30 million for Benteke, although he's given them a decent return of 14 goals.

When you consider all the above strikers for decent fees, taking a punt of 15-20 million on Sturridge might be quite appealing.

Those players will not be earning anything like the kind of money Sturridge does here. Wages will be a sticking point I reckon, most clubs in the Premier League can afford 15-20m quite easily, I just don't think many will be willing to part with about 100k a week in wages on top of that for somebody who's barely even played or scored in the last few years.

Offline tommy LFC

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • VAR is shite.
« Reply #783 on: April 23, 2017, 10:58:19 am »
Those players will not be earning anything like the kind of money Sturridge does here. Wages will be a sticking point I reckon, most clubs in the Premier League can afford 15-20m quite easily, I just don't think many will be willing to part with about 100k a week in wages on top of that for somebody who's barely even played or scored in the last few years.

That very true. You'd hope Sturridge will take a decent basic wage with the rest incentivezed. I'd imagine he feels he has a lot to prove.

Offline Pistolero

• BELIEVE. My bad. This. Lol. Bless. Meh. Wow just wow. Hate on. The Ev. Phil.
  • Legacy Fan
  • A serpent's tooth...
« Reply #784 on: April 23, 2017, 11:10:35 am »
Southampton paid 12 million for Shane Long

always liked Long...intelligent little pain in the arse of a player who knows how to press and score ...would quite happily take him and a wedge of dough (10 to 15 Large) if it meant we could move Sturridge on...a hugely talented player but it's obvious now that he has no future here beyond warming the bench/treatment table and drawing down an inordinately large salary 
They have life in them, they have humour, they're arrogant, they're cocky and they're proud. And that's what I want my team to be.

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
« Reply #785 on: April 23, 2017, 11:19:28 am »
Supporters :D
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline surfer. Fuck you generator.

• surgood. As good as Suarez but CBA to play for us. Takes it on the chin and never holds a pointless grudge for several months.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #786 on: April 23, 2017, 01:13:48 pm »
It's not his choice to throw his career down the drain, you know. He's got every reason to be depressed, suicidal.

What we control is whether to retain him or not, make that call (hell best case it should have been made a season ago) and move on.

Offline newterp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #787 on: April 23, 2017, 01:23:02 pm »
It's not his choice to throw his career down the drain, you know. He's got every reason to be depressed, suicidal.

What we control is whether to retain him or not, make that call (hell best case it should have been made a season ago) and move on.

huh?

Offline HardworkDedication

• Hardwork and Dedication linked to many stories - Mingebag. Has no opinion of his own. Human news ticker tape.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #788 on: April 23, 2017, 01:25:58 pm »

Absolutely stupid comment  ::)

Offline Lycan

• Loves egg. Quite partial to a nipple too. Once came into contact with Jeremy Beadle and his tiny right hand. I used to be a Werewolf, but I'm alright noooooooooowww!!!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #789 on: April 23, 2017, 01:34:47 pm »
Sounds horrible, but I've become numb to the news of Sturridge's injuries now.
“There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. A high-powered mutant of some kind, never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die.”

Offline Espresso Bar

• Kopite
« Reply #790 on: April 23, 2017, 01:56:49 pm »

Offline ScubaSteve

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #791 on: April 23, 2017, 01:58:49 pm »
I never get this sort of abuse of a player. He's not exactly injuring himself and can't help that he clearly has a condition which makes him injury prone.

Didn't mean too much abuse by my comment. Just pissed that we have a talent that we'll never see!

Offline ggcc14

• C onfuses objective and objectionable. C-ock
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #792 on: April 23, 2017, 01:59:57 pm »
Injured again f**king f**ksake argghhhhh
IŽll say something that might surprise you. Real life is different to computer games.
I think Nadal is brilliant. One of the top 10 ever.

Offline ScubaSteve

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #793 on: April 23, 2017, 02:00:22 pm »
Where do you start with brain shite like this?

I hope he leaves to a standing ovation in May, otherwise the pond life will get more and more vile.

I hope he does get a standing ovation in May!!  :wave

Offline Armchair expert

• Almost makes you agree with Gove
  • Legacy Fan
  • Meet the new boss.....same as the old boss
« Reply #794 on: April 23, 2017, 02:01:52 pm »
If we manage to get 30 minutes out of him between now and the end of the season then great.
To be honest it's not even worth discussing him I'd even go so far as to lock this thread, you can't rely on him and when he does play apart from his little cameo at Stoke he's been piss poor so if we are going to get top four then it will be no thanks to him.

I mean I read he's missed training because of "discomfort"......What's that supposed to mean, has he got the shits??

He makes Darren Anderton look like Suarez and Ronaldo rolled into one.

Offline JLStretton

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #795 on: April 23, 2017, 02:02:29 pm »
worse than darren anderton for injuries
choose Life.

Offline Rattleduser

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #796 on: April 23, 2017, 02:04:48 pm »
Even if we pay half his wages on loan, we've had our moneys worth. Daniel has been delicious at times. Everyone is pissed off with his injuries, no need to be a rubbish fan about the situation. If possible I want him to shine one more time before he's gone.

PSN: white-of-my-eyes

Offline ggcc14

• C onfuses objective and objectionable. C-ock
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #797 on: April 23, 2017, 02:11:05 pm »

He's just pulled his hamstring, not lost his family in a car crash.

No one has frustrated me like Danny, he just has to go unfortunately.
IŽll say something that might surprise you. Real life is different to computer games.
I think Nadal is brilliant. One of the top 10 ever.

Offline AaronSingh25

• Never Going to Grow Old. Dis-
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #798 on: April 23, 2017, 02:24:32 pm »

Offline AaronSingh25

• Never Going to Grow Old. Dis-
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #799 on: April 23, 2017, 02:26:05 pm »