Author Topic: Confiscated members cards  (Read 36602 times)

Offline dudleyred

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: Confiscated members cards
« Reply #80 on: January 25, 2017, 03:07:02 pm »
I'm not even sure, from their t&c's what right they've got to withhold refunds? They've not accused you of touting so not sure where you stand.

On all honesty I'd be writing a letter back but cc'ing all the powers that be. I'd be fucking livid. I can't make Saturday so have given my tickets to a lad and dad for the lttle'uns first game. How in anyway is that wrong?! Part of me hopes they take mine off them too so I can wade in with a complaint

Just because they are a football club they are not above corporate responsibility. They treat us as customers at all times and not fans so they have to treat us as customers as far as complaints are concerned

I'm livid for you!!

Offline ant

• Legacy Fan
  • Spread the faith - YNWA !!!
    • OLSC - France
« Reply #81 on: January 25, 2017, 03:08:30 pm »
get your dad to write to the club aswell mate, it is his card that has been confiscated aswell !

if your friends names, adresses and prices payed for tickets match up with the details the stewards might of noted when the cards were confiscated then LFC should sort out the price query for the tickets you payed for using your payment reference and then close this situation in your favour.

if names and numbers dont match up, LFC are treating you as a tout and you need to take it further with some good legal advice and ask for further explinations from your mates who used the cards.

hope you get your cards and credits back ASAP - YNWA !
www.liverpoolfrance.com - The home of Liverpool fans in France.

Get down to 1 of our 2 pubs in Paris, Lush Bar or Kop Bar, for all the Red's games on the tele :
http://www.liverpoolfrance.com/ou-voir-les-reds/

TRADE COUNT WHEN WE HAD A TICKET EXCHANGE : 24

Offline legoflamb

• Legacy Fan
  • A Likely Lid
« Reply #82 on: January 25, 2017, 03:11:27 pm »
So I've received a letter today saying mine and my dads memberships have been cancelled with immediate effect and my right of renewal of our memberships for future seasons have been withdrawn. Also unable to claim for any refunds on future games that are on my card.
They are asking me to write to them providing my friends name and address. So just sent a letter in the post to them explaining the situation.

If they aren't happy with my explanation then I'm effectively banned from anfield.

All because I couldn't attend 1 game at short notice and let my friends use them for FREE.

Absolutely fucking abhorrent.  LFC are an utter disgrace.

Contact The Echo mate.  James Pearce.  Ask him to write a story about it, front pages.  The club should be made to explain why exactly they refuse to do anything about the huge problem of real touting AND why it's ok for them to institutionally tout via Thomas Cook (sadly, we all know the answer $$$$$), but will effectively ban you from Anfield for life for passing your card onto a friend for free. 

Contact SOS and the Football Supporter's Federation too.

Don't just sit back and take it.

Online lfcrule6times

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #83 on: January 25, 2017, 03:23:45 pm »
Cheers for the advice guys. Hopefully the club sees sense before I have to go to the echo/SOS etc. Even if they do see sense the wording on their letter is way to heavy handed.

I haven't actually had a letter for my dad, we live at the same address as well. So I wrote back quoting both card numbers.
★     ★     ★     ★     ★     ★

Offline cmccarthy81

• Anny Roader
  • c'mon no.19
« Reply #84 on: January 25, 2017, 03:49:09 pm »
So I've received a letter today saying mine and my dads memberships have been cancelled with immediate effect and my right of renewal of our memberships for future seasons have been withdrawn. Also unable to claim for any refunds on future games that are on my card.
They are asking me to write to them providing my friends name and address. So just sent a letter in the post to them explaining the situation.

If they aren't happy with my explanation then I'm effectively banned from anfield.

All because I couldn't attend 1 game at short notice and let my friends use them for FREE.

That is fucking crazy.

Offline Danny Boys Dad

• Errol Flynn when he's had a few
  • Legacy Fan
  • Now listen here son
« Reply #85 on: January 25, 2017, 03:54:59 pm »

I thought you charged them £53 each for them?
Legacy fan

Online lfcrule6times

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #86 on: January 25, 2017, 03:57:22 pm »
I thought you charged them £53 each for them?

i asked them 53 but they haven't actually paid me yet. letting them off though because i'll be needing their cards in the future the looks of things. they only told the stewards they paid 53 because that's how much they cost me.
fingers crossed they see sense.
cant attend tonights game either because of this. i'll be gutted if I miss out on a Wembley ticket if we get through.
« Last Edit: January 25, 2017, 04:00:10 pm by lfcrule5times »

Offline cmccarthy81

• Anny Roader
  • c'mon no.19
« Reply #87 on: January 25, 2017, 04:00:22 pm »
What is really annoying is people are normally passing these on to friends in good faith/thru RAWK, to the point sometimes it stresses me and is really not worth it. I'm in limbo with credits (10ish for the last few seasons), above the 8 to 4 threshold for cat A priority, but well under the 13 to 14 threshold.

Essentially the credits make no odds to me, and it's literally sorting mates who can no longer afford/refuse to pay membership for the odd game, or someone bails out, so take the old man, etc.

They need a system to click online (up to day before game), even if they scrub the credit. As there is no way to get a refund leading up to the game, you will be left with an empty seat and £50+ to swallow just for getting ill, last minute commitments, or change of plans.

How depressing is heading to the game with all this stress if one of the party is not 'legit' (imagine this 20-30 years ago?!). It really becomes shite negative energy when you are trying to let your hair down.
« Last Edit: January 25, 2017, 04:04:00 pm by cmccarthy81 »

Offline Danny Boys Dad

• Legacy Fan
  • Now listen here son
« Reply #88 on: January 25, 2017, 04:04:08 pm »
I've passed on tickets to mates etc when I've not been able to go, always for face value or less. If they decided to take my cards off me I'd be pissed off but at least I wouldn't have to play their stupid games anymore.

They should be targeting people like the agencies who shift loads of tickets, not individual members passing on a single or a pair.

Cancelling the tickets you've already paid for with no refund is well out of order though.
Legacy fan

Offline Molealdinho_LK

• Anny Roader
  • Killing threads and wrecking heads!
« Reply #89 on: January 25, 2017, 04:46:43 pm »
Disgraceful.

Even if the club do a full u-turn and change their minds I'd still be livid. The fact they think they can treat people like this is a joke.

Online Alf

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Leader of Alf Quaida & the Scaliban
« Reply #90 on: January 25, 2017, 05:09:01 pm »
Absolutely fucking abhorrent.  LFC are an utter disgrace.

Contact The Echo mate.  James Pearce.  Ask him to write a story about it, front pages.  The club should be made to explain why exactly they refuse to do anything about the huge problem of real touting AND why it's ok for them to institutionally tout via Thomas Cook (sadly, we all know the answer $$$$$), but will effectively ban you from Anfield for life for passing your card onto a friend for free. 

Contact SOS and the Football Supporter's Federation too.

Don't just sit back and take it.

I was appalled by the club turfing a father and 3 children out 10 minutes before the end against Arsenal last season. They need to accept that they are a big part of the problem. Members sales taking place up to 6 months in advance, games being moved for tv at short notice, the ticket office not being bothered to answer the phone if members want to return tickets to the club at a discount.

It's a month after Christmas, money is tight, we're not playing well and have four home games in 11 days. Every time someone reports touting to the club all they see is how much people are prepared to pay for a ticket & adjust their packages accordingly.

Offline Dan6times

• "Oh, he's not seeing me, I'll get him later... DAN!"
  • Kopite
  • Imagine not supporting Liverpool
« Reply #91 on: January 25, 2017, 05:20:17 pm »
I'll be receiving the exact same letter tomorrow. The anxiety and feeling of dispear I'm going through now is undescribable. I spend thousands supporting my team year in year out and tomorrow I will be told via a letter my membership which I've had for years is to be cancelled. All the past credit's and future games wiped out. Possible Wembley ticket gone and a possible title decider against Boro all gone. I've never touted a ticket in my life, I help out with the wavers and sing my heart out each game. I've made lifelong friends going to the game and now the club have totally and utterly screwed me over.
“For those of you in the cheap seats I'd like ya to clap your hands to this one; the rest of you can just rattle your jewelry!”

Online lfcrule6times

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #92 on: January 25, 2017, 05:32:41 pm »
Local papers might be interested if you don't get a positive outcome. Not right at all.

seriously thinking about that now. Just emailed SOS seeing if they can provide any advice as well.

Offline DangerScouse

• "You picked on the wrong city!"
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #93 on: January 25, 2017, 05:34:59 pm »
I'll be receiving the exact same letter tomorrow. The anxiety and feeling of dispear I'm going through now is undescribable. I spend thousands supporting my team year in year out and tomorrow I will be told via a letter my membership which I've had for years is to be cancelled. All the past credit's and future games wiped out. Possible Wembley ticket gone and a possible title decider against Boro all gone. I've never touted a ticket in my life, I help out with the wavers and sing my heart out each game. I've made lifelong friends going to the game and now the club have totally and utterly screwed me over.

Ffs. Would make your blood boil reading that. hopefully the club come to their senses mate. c*nts.

Online lfcrule6times

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #94 on: January 25, 2017, 05:42:04 pm »
Ffs. Would make your blood boil reading that. hopefully the club come to their senses mate. c*nts.

Its the way they've worded this letter. Its heavy handed and aggressive the way they've dealt with this. They haven't even asked me any questions or anything...they've just gone straight in without listening to the facts and cancelled it.

Offline Dan6times

• "Oh, he's not seeing me, I'll get him later... DAN!"
  • Kopite
  • Imagine not supporting Liverpool
« Reply #95 on: January 25, 2017, 05:46:39 pm »
Its the way they've worded this letter. Its heavy handed and aggressive the way they've dealt with this. They haven't even asked me any questions or anything...they've just gone straight in without listening to the facts and cancelled it.

And if they are happy with your response will they reinstate your card and credits? Make sure you write a good letter mate.
“For those of you in the cheap seats I'd like ya to clap your hands to this one; the rest of you can just rattle your jewelry!”

Online lfcrule6times

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #96 on: January 25, 2017, 05:52:53 pm »
And if they are happy with your response will they reinstate your card and credits? Make sure you write a good letter mate.

No idea. I've written a good polite response explaining exactly why my mates had my cards. Can't do much more. I've sent it first class recorded so they should get it tomorrow. I'll phone them in the afternoon and I'll keep you posted to what they say.

The letter they sent me isn't even signed. There's no name on there, apart from ticket investigations officer.

Offline Danny Boys Dad

• Legacy Fan
  • Now listen here son
« Reply #97 on: January 25, 2017, 05:56:09 pm »
Good luck with it
Legacy fan

Offline keano7

• Legacy Fan
  • Alonso follows it in!
« Reply #98 on: January 25, 2017, 10:49:00 pm »
Stewards in U9 were randomly checking people how much their ticket was and where they got it from. Hardly think anyone was going to say "tout" even if they did obtain it that way. They weren't checking the tickets against the surname though but first experience of it.
"Can't wait for this one me mates picking me up in a van"

Offline cmccarthy81

• Anny Roader
  • c'mon no.19
« Reply #99 on: January 25, 2017, 10:51:43 pm »
Seems like the drive is in the £9 tkts? Good initiative, complete balls up in the way they are doing it.

I really hope the 2 cases above are dealt with sensibly.
« Last Edit: January 25, 2017, 10:54:10 pm by cmccarthy81 »

Offline KOTP

• Arch Cunt + Official RAWK scarf swapper. Possibly the most laughably out-dated signature on the entire site, we hope.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #100 on: January 26, 2017, 12:36:34 am »
we're not playing well

Agree with everything thats been said apart from that bit if you want to pass a ticket on just because we suddenly ain't playing well the  fuck off you should be barred for life anyway you're meant to go the game to support your team not just cause they are playing well, God help us if we ever went down with people,with an attitude like that wouldn't be many customers in the stadium fpr those games

Offline apassant77

• Kopite
« Reply #101 on: January 26, 2017, 09:13:12 am »
Got asked on the way into the Kop last night if I had any proof of my seat details. First time it's ever happened

Offline kalle-anka

• Dönåld Dükk!!!!!
  • Legacy Fan
  • SOS member 6912
« Reply #102 on: January 26, 2017, 09:19:01 am »
Got asked on the way into the Kop last night if I had any proof of my seat details. First time it's ever happened

In the 300's?

Offline Carllfc

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #103 on: January 26, 2017, 09:48:35 am »

I've never seen this being done in the ground. Do they do it during play or before the game starts?

Offline apassant77

• Kopite
« Reply #104 on: January 26, 2017, 09:52:33 am »
Was just before the turnstile.

Offline Tiger Tony

• Ginger knob who used to be barred from the Crows Nest. Will scweam and scweam and scweam if he doesn't get a Cardiff ticket. Aluminium. Thinks he's clever.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #105 on: January 26, 2017, 09:55:51 am »
Occasionally they do ask this in the 300s. Think people go up there when their ticket isn't there, especially in games where most of the kop sits down, so they some times try and control it

Offline PaulKS

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #106 on: January 26, 2017, 10:43:20 am »
Seems like there's been confusion with some people and the club which is annoying but on the whole I think these new processes can only be positive.

Trying out new things to try and catch the horrible rat touts is worth it

Offline Tiger Tony

• Ginger knob who used to be barred from the Crows Nest. Will scweam and scweam and scweam if he doesn't get a Cardiff ticket. Aluminium. Thinks he's clever.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #107 on: January 26, 2017, 10:56:33 am »
Seems like there's been confusion with some people and the club which is annoying but on the whole I think these new processes can only be positive.

Trying out new things to try and catch the horrible rat touts is worth it
If they target touts then yes I agree. However, targeting innocent people is disgraceful. Perhaps a confiscation of cards and collection of paper tickets pending investigation would work better as opposed to suspending memberships straight away. At least give people a chance to explain and then assess the evidence

Offline Max999

• Anny Roader
« Reply #108 on: January 26, 2017, 11:10:43 am »
seriously thinking about that now. Just emailed SOS seeing if they can provide any advice as well.

Not sure if she may deal more with incidents where the police are involved, but might be worth you contacting Amanda Jacks from the FSF as well:
Email: amanda.jacks@fsf.org.uk Twitter: @fsf_faircop Mobile: 07703 519555

Offline willfc

• Kopite
    • Anfield 96 blog
« Reply #109 on: January 26, 2017, 11:11:02 am »
Occasionally they do ask this in the 300s. Think people go up there when their ticket isn't there, especially in games where most of the kop sits down, so they some times try and control it

Did this to me and I was in 306, just decided to ignore them, they gave up after a while haha
"I told my players during the break: Since we're here anyway, we might actually play a bit of football." - Jurgen Klopp

Offline PaulKS

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #110 on: January 26, 2017, 11:11:41 am »
Perhaps a confiscation of cards and collection of paper tickets pending investigation would work better as opposed to suspending memberships straight away. At least give people a chance to explain and then assess the evidence

Agree

Offline PaulKS

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #111 on: January 26, 2017, 11:13:24 am »
It really is isn't it

You've touts wandering up and down Walton Breck Road & standing outside the Paisley Gates every game asking people to pay vastly inflated prices

You've got 'Season Ticket Holders' asking stewards where their seats are every game

Yet they choose to make an example out of someone giving their cards to mates for face value?

Bullshit

As well as the utter twats who "help out loads of reds" by sticking £5 extra on 50-100 face value spares per game...

Offline PaulKS

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #112 on: January 26, 2017, 11:14:51 am »

Didnt see this.

Good fucking lord

Offline willfc

• Kopite
    • Anfield 96 blog
« Reply #113 on: January 26, 2017, 11:17:15 am »
As well as the utter twats who "help out loads of reds" by sticking £5 extra on 50-100 face value spares per game...

Don't think that's too inconsiderate considering they've still gone to the effort to get the tickets themself, not like they're charging 20+ each time
"I told my players during the break: Since we're here anyway, we might actually play a bit of football." - Jurgen Klopp

Offline Max999

• Anny Roader
« Reply #114 on: January 26, 2017, 11:18:23 am »
Don't think that's too inconsiderate considering they've still gone to the effort to get the tickets themself, not like they're charging 20+ each time

Its touting. Doesn't matter what they're charging, if its over FV then its touting.

Offline PaulKS

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #115 on: January 26, 2017, 11:32:38 am »
Its touting. Doesn't matter what they're charging, if its over FV then its touting.

This.

Only takes of them fivers to add up to a decent profit. Also you have no idea who they are passing your spares on to when they "help you out".

Offline willfc

• Kopite
    • Anfield 96 blog
« Reply #116 on: January 26, 2017, 11:36:47 am »
This.

Only takes of them fivers to add up to a decent profit. Also you have no idea who they are passing your spares on to when they "help you out".

I've given people an extra £5 in the past for helping me out, specially for away spares as they've made the effort. But fair enough, only time I charge over FV is if I've paid special delivery for it.

Offline xRedmanLFCx

• Legacy Fan
  • Of the glory, round the fields, of Anfield Road!
« Reply #117 on: January 26, 2017, 11:40:12 am »

Exactly.
I always said we had the best two teams on Merseyside… Liverpool and Liverpool Reserves.

Offline PaulKS

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #118 on: January 26, 2017, 11:41:09 am »
I've given people an extra £5 in the past for helping me out, specially for away spares as they've made the effort. But fair enough, only time I charge over FV is if I've paid special delivery for it.

Yeah I know what you mean as a gesture that's fine - but i'm talking about the people that sell a lot of spares for each game and stick an extra £5 on top.

Not going to go into any more detail but people will know what I mean

Offline willfc

• Kopite
    • Anfield 96 blog
« Reply #119 on: January 26, 2017, 11:43:32 am »
Yeah I know what you mean as a gesture that's fine - but i'm talking about the people that sell a lot of spares for each game and stick an extra £5 on top.

Not going to go into any more detail but people will know what I mean

Ah ok, yeah, people I've helped as a result I've then charged FV, Ive been offered more and if I gave the person the extra 5 quid for helping me out I'd then say give me an extra 5 pound, but idm helping people out.