Author Topic: Halcyon's ban  (Read 2487 times)

Offline SerbianScouser

• Far from world class.
  • Legacy Fan
  • ...All the best
Halcyon's ban
« on: January 18, 2017, 02:41:16 pm »
In almost 10 years that I`m here I haven't witnessed a more unfair ban than the one on HL.

I don't know the official reason but if it's related to their stat's site supported by the rag then it's really silly because the guy is a red, he's like the Gerrard's biggest fan in the world, there's no way he's gonna be intentionally disrespectful to the families all of the sudden.

I don't know the guy and I`m not his lawyer but the thing that bugs me is that he's actually one of the top posters, he does his homework, he's articulate and eloquent which makes reading more enjoyable whether you agree with what he's saying or not and not to mention I've never seen him being disrespectful towards players he was criticizing. It's a constructive criticism at it's best.

And that's what really surprises me - in the current climate of the main board now which is dominated by an army of snarky one-liner posters who bring precious little value to any discussion and see debate as the way to hound, harass people until they convert them instead of genuinely engaging them on the points they were making , you would think that a poster like HL would actually be encouraged and supported as with every day we're seeing less and less this type of posters that actually put a lot of effort into their posts and are thought provoking.

Please don't let bullies and people without mental capacity to understand what adult discussion entails win and keep dominating this site.

Offline Alan_X

• WUM. 'twatito' - The Cat Herding Firm But Fair Voice Of Reason (Except when he's got a plank up his arse). Gimme some skin, priest! Has a general dislike for Elijah Wood. Clearly cannot fill even a thong! RAWK Resident Muppet. Has a crush o
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Come on you fucking red men!!!
  • Super Title: This is super!
Re: Halcyon's ban
« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2017, 02:54:18 pm »
I wasn't involved in the ban but one thing that everyone needs to understand is that making light of that rag the S*n is never going to go down well.

If anyone is asked not to link to a particular source then the easiest thing to do is take it on board and move on.

Don't argue the toss and be a smart arse.
Sid Lowe (@sidlowe)
09/03/2011 08:04
Give a man a mask and he will tell the truth, Give a man a user name and he will act like a total twat.
Its all about winning shiny things.

Offline Millie

• Athens Airport Queen. Dude, never mind my car, where's my hand sanitiser?!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • IFWT
« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2017, 03:16:57 pm »
"I don't know the official reason but if it's related to their stat's site supported by the rag then it's really silly because the guy is a red, he's like the Gerrard's biggest fan in the world, there's no way he's gonna be intentionally disrespectful to the families all of the sudden. "

Are you being serious?
"If you can't say anything nice, don't say nothing at all"  Thumper (1942)

Justice for the 96

I'm a Believer

Offline SerbianScouser

• Far from world class.
  • Legacy Fan
  • ...All the best
« Reply #3 on: January 18, 2017, 03:20:20 pm »
"I don't know the official reason but if it's related to their stat's site supported by the rag then it's really silly because the guy is a red, he's like the Gerrard's biggest fan in the world, there's no way he's gonna be intentionally disrespectful to the families all of the sudden. "

Are you being serious?
That whole deal was a convenient excuse to ban him because the mod previously made it clear what they think of his posts. If his opinions were more aligned with the party line I imagine there would have been more leniency towards him. He wasn't disrespectful to the families in any way, shape or form.

Offline Barneylfc∗

• Cross-dressing man-bag wielding golfer. Wannabe Mod. Coprophiliac. Would like to buy an airline seat if he could. Known 'grass'. Wants to go home to He-Man
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4 on: January 18, 2017, 03:22:30 pm »
I read the whole episode last night. Didn't look to me like he said anything out of place against Henderson, and that was in no way related to the reason he was banned. But he was very flippant and seemed to laugh off and even ridicule the suggestion that he shouldn't use a site so closely associated to The S*n. And this was what lead to his ban. Good poster or not, that's just not on.
Craig Burnley V West Ham - WEST HAM WIN - INCORRECT

Offline Millie

• Athens Airport Queen. Dude, never mind my car, where's my hand sanitiser?!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • IFWT
« Reply #5 on: January 18, 2017, 03:24:04 pm »
That whole deal was a convenient excuse to ban him because the mod previously made it clear what they think of his posts. If his opinions were more aligned with the party line I imagine there would have been more leniency towards him. He wasn't disrespectful to the families in any way, shape or form.

If he was linking to anything relating to that rag, then he was being disrespectful to not only the families and the survivors, but also those who have, and continue, to campaign against it
"If you can't say anything nice, don't say nothing at all"  Thumper (1942)

Justice for the 96

I'm a Believer

Offline tubby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Destroyed Cowboy
« Reply #6 on: January 18, 2017, 03:25:54 pm »
Sounded like he was just at the end of his tether after putting across well-reasoned arguments that weren't countered in kind.  Could've responded to the jibes a bit more eloquently, I get his argument regarding that stats site but it's just not something you want to be defending on a Liverpool forum.

If it's only a limited time ban, then fair enough, but I think a permanent one is a bit harsh and he'll be missed.
Sit down, shock is better taken with bent knees.

Offline pyroparty

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #7 on: January 18, 2017, 03:36:21 pm »
Amazed people are defending him, he'd been told loads of times about whoscored yet didn't care because "half the internet uses them" and "the stats are accurate". Like what the fuck? People can't see why they'd be an issue with that? Seriously? I guess it's easy to be disconnected in your bedroom in Belgrade but open your eyes a bit!

If he's been banned for a negative view on a player how come you are still posting SerbianScouser? And Al? And Gatcliffe and 100s of others.

Offline Claire.

• RAWK Staff.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8 on: January 18, 2017, 03:43:36 pm »
Well then. Slag off Hendo at your peril, my dears.

He wasn't banned cos of anything to do with Jordan Henderson. He was banned cos I read his posts and the tone and consistent condescending bollocks and cries of abuse, telling us we weren't even handed, false reports. It's an accumulation, there's also reports history. Some people aren't worth the extra effort.

Soz.

Offline SerbianScouser

• Far from world class.
  • Legacy Fan
  • ...All the best
« Reply #9 on: January 18, 2017, 03:52:13 pm »
I guess it's easy to be disconnected in your bedroom in Belgrade but open your eyes a bit!
You're not a bigger red than him or me or anyone else. Relax.

I know the guy as a poster for years, he wouldn't be intentionally disrespectful to the families just like that. You don't have any time for him? Good for you.

Offline Barneylfc∗

• Cross-dressing man-bag wielding golfer. Wannabe Mod. Coprophiliac. Would like to buy an airline seat if he could. Known 'grass'. Wants to go home to He-Man
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #10 on: January 18, 2017, 03:57:49 pm »
he wouldn't be intentionally disrespectful to the families just like that. 

If he was linking to anything relating to that rag, then he was being disrespectful to not only the families and the survivors, but also those who have, and continue, to campaign against it

Mate, if he's as intelligent and great as you think he is, then he knew exactly the correlation between whoscored and The S*n. Even after it was pointed out to him numerous times, he ridiculed the suggestion that he shouldn't use it. Are you saying that wasn't intentionally disrespectful? Maybe he's not as intelligent as you think he is if so.

Offline SerbianScouser

• Far from world class.
  • Legacy Fan
  • ...All the best
« Reply #11 on: January 18, 2017, 04:00:52 pm »
Read it again and you'll see he wasn't doing that.

Offline SerbianScouser

• Far from world class.
  • Legacy Fan
  • ...All the best
« Reply #12 on: January 18, 2017, 04:03:45 pm »
Anyway, Claire has made it all clear, so I won't go any further into this. We can all move on.

Offline Barneylfc∗

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #13 on: January 18, 2017, 04:04:36 pm »
Read it again and you'll see he wasn't doing that.

Wait a second...I don't think we can use Opta either because Whoscored.com licenses their information from Opta and since Whoscored.com have some advertising promotion with the Sun...then we can't use stats. :butt

There's one example. If that's not ridiculing the suggestion that it shouldn't be used, I don't know what is.

Offline Alan_X

• WUM. 'twatito' - The Cat Herding Firm But Fair Voice Of Reason (Except when he's got a plank up his arse). Gimme some skin, priest! Has a general dislike for Elijah Wood. Clearly cannot fill even a thong! RAWK Resident Muppet. Has a crush o
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Come on you fucking red men!!!
  • Super Title: This is super!
« Reply #14 on: January 18, 2017, 04:04:37 pm »
We're done here.

Thanks for the comments. The ban stands.
Sid Lowe (@sidlowe)
09/03/2011 08:04
Give a man a mask and he will tell the truth, Give a man a user name and he will act like a total twat.
Its all about winning shiny things.