Author Topic: Péter Gulácsi  (Read 4067 times)

Offline Aceldama

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Péter Gulácsi
« on: November 20, 2016, 10:43:11 pm »
Never made a senior appearance for us despite being on the books for six years, but he's currently top of the Bundesliga over in Germany with Brand Name Leipzig. Who saw that one coming?

Offline Vinay

• West Coast privileges revoked due to jinxing activity. Considerably more greedier than yaow!
  • Legacy Fan
  • Ceux qui écrivent clairement ont des lecteurs.....
Re: Péter Gulácsi
« Reply #1 on: December 26, 2016, 10:28:55 am »
Never made a senior appearance for us despite being on the books for six years, but he's currently top of the Bundesliga over in Germany with Brand Name Leipzig. Who saw that one coming?
The dude is a Prince William lookalike.

Offline Keith Lard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2 on: May 10, 2017, 01:47:40 am »
Played 42 games as first choice goalie for bundesliga second placed Leipzig.

Looks like we dropped the ball on this one. I've got to a point now  where I just don't think our goalkeeping coaches  get the best out of the talent we have.  Every goalkeeper we sign never seems to kick on whilst playing for us
Pour yourself a drink and enjoy watching a genius in red - John Barnes || https://youtu.be/XEJfzUSH4e4

Offline mallin9

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3 on: May 14, 2017, 01:00:51 pm »
The dude is a Prince William lookalike.

Bang on the money......and I applaud anyone promoting the male pattern baldness look....

Seen him in some bundesliga highlights, good for him
You'll Never Walk Alone

Offline phil236849

• loves a Kwenchy Kup
  • Legacy Fan
  • Across the face of the goal
« Reply #4 on: May 22, 2017, 11:23:29 pm »
Have to say - and I get it wrong usually - I always thought he looked good
Kamil grabara is another not to sell

Offline Oberyn_Martell

• Desperate for it.
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #5 on: May 25, 2017, 08:13:25 am »
Weird. Probably could have done with him.
Mods can you change my name to Melissa x

Offline rafathegaffa83

• Legacy Fan
  • Dutch Class
« Reply #6 on: June 11, 2019, 05:47:19 pm »
Kicker recently did an anonymous poll of 250 Bundesliga players re: their opinions of the best players in the league. Gulasci with the highest percentage of the vote for keepers

Offline Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Michael Sheen is the actual Prince of 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
« Reply #7 on: June 18, 2019, 06:10:43 pm »
Kicker recently did an anonymous poll of 250 Bundesliga players re: their opinions of the best players in the league. Gulasci with the highest percentage of the vote for keepers

He's become such a good goalie over the years. When Leipzig got promoted I kinda wondered if he was a weak link and he'd be in for the long haul with them, or if he'd be replaced. And then when they bought Yvon Mvogo, who was quite highly rated, there was a suggestion he'd become number one. But Gulacsi just got better and better. Very little fuss about him though, don't really see him linked with moves much. Yet he'd improve the goal keeping of quite a lot of higher profile teams!

Offline Linudden

• Twpsyn gwirion. Definitely a Ron DeSantis fanboy
  • Legacy Fan
  • Linudden.
« Reply #8 on: June 18, 2019, 08:30:48 pm »
He's become such a good goalie over the years. When Leipzig got promoted I kinda wondered if he was a weak link and he'd be in for the long haul with them, or if he'd be replaced. And then when they bought Yvon Mvogo, who was quite highly rated, there was a suggestion he'd become number one. But Gulacsi just got better and better. Very little fuss about him though, don't really see him linked with moves much. Yet he'd improve the goal keeping of quite a lot of higher profile teams!

Still, Leipzig are now in a position where they're a rather good club to play for. If I was there I wouldn't really feel the urgency against it was one of Europe's seven-eight biggest clubs coming calling. For example, Roma will definitely look for a keeper this summer, but now that is a backwards step from Leipzig. Even Napoli would be a sideways one.
Linudden.

Offline Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Michael Sheen is the actual Prince of 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
« Reply #9 on: June 19, 2019, 03:13:54 pm »
Still, Leipzig are now in a position where they're a rather good club to play for. If I was there I wouldn't really feel the urgency against it was one of Europe's seven-eight biggest clubs coming calling. For example, Roma will definitely look for a keeper this summer, but now that is a backwards step from Leipzig. Even Napoli would be a sideways one.

Very true. It's a good spot really. He's at a champions league club. And they have been in Europe every season since promotion, and build their squad well each year, and now have Nagelsmann as coach too. As much as I don't like Leipzig, they are doing things well.

Online Dench57

• Self-confessed tit. Can't sit still. She's got the hippy hippy crack.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #10 on: June 19, 2019, 05:08:03 pm »
What a player this kid's turning into. Mental we let him go.
Loving Everton's business this summer. Here's an early call - they finish above Liverpool this season.
- Richard Keys (@richardajkeys) July 9, 2017