Author Topic: Members sale 2016/17  (Read 221560 times)

Offline Hij

• Literally Custom-titlely neglected for literally over a decade, Ruud.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice for Anne Williams. Justice for the 97.
    • Grime Forum
Re: Member's sale 2016/17
« Reply #80 on: July 5, 2016, 05:37:18 pm »
Local Members' sale: The club has announced that Members with an L postcode who do not purchase during the Official Members' ticket sale will have a further opportunity to purchase a ticket in a separate sale. This will take place around six weeks before each Premier League home match. Tickets available during this sale will be limited and subject to availability. Click here for full details.

Is this new for this season? Made up with that.
Is this replacing late availability?
Justice for Anne Williams. Justice for the 97. Justice for the Survivors.

Istanbul 2005. Athens 2007. Basel 2016. Kiev 2018. Madrid 2019. Paris 2022.

Offline davidsteventon

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #81 on: July 5, 2016, 05:40:03 pm »
Wow, so 13+ only and then all members apart from the old Cat A games. No changes then despite all the requests for more staggered sales.

Plus those of us on 13+ have to queue to get Hull and Burnley on the Thursday? :butt

They'll never please everyone but fuck me it's like as if they try their hardest to not please those of us on 19 for years and years.

Also I thought in the past the free for all was Wednesday, not Thursday. I always remember doing consecutive days off, not a Tue and Thur for sales.

Here's how it will go for those that don't know:

I've arranged to come in to work late on Tuesday and Wednesday. Now got to magic that into a Thursday. By late I mean I've said around 1 hour late, possibly 2 instead of 08:30am.

I'll log on around 08:00am.

The site will crash at 08:!5 and a message will pop up saying the sale wlll restart at 08:30.

This process will repeat for a bit until I'm stuck between going into work, or staying back home.
Repeat, repeat, repeat. Oh and Queue for 30minutes once it is actually OK.

I should book the day off with stress. Honestly don't know why it has to be this difficult.

Offline Hij

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
    • Grime Forum
Member's sale 2016/17
« Reply #82 on: July 5, 2016, 05:48:27 pm »
My mates card has 6 and is a liverpool post code and he had to leave the country. He's said i can have it. So I'll just have to become Singaporean this season then as looks like that card will have a chance at both Mancs and then the rest I'm in a free for all right ?
« Last Edit: July 5, 2016, 05:54:19 pm by Hij »

Offline Hij

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
    • Grime Forum
Member's sale 2016/17
« Reply #83 on: July 5, 2016, 05:50:20 pm »
They'll never please everyone but fuck me it's like as if they try their hardest to not please those of us on 19 for years and years.

Also I thought in the past the free for all was Wednesday, not Thursday. I always remember doing consecutive days off, not a Tue and Thur for sales.

Here's how it will go for those that don't know:

I've arranged to come in to work late on Tuesday and Wednesday. Now got to magic that into a Thursday. By late I mean I've said around 1 hour late, possibly 2 instead of 08:30am.

I'll log on around 08:00am.

The site will crash at 08:!5 and a message will pop up saying the sale wlll restart at 08:30.

This process will repeat for a bit until I'm stuck between going into work, or staying back home.
Repeat, repeat, repeat. Oh and Queue for 30minutes once it is actually OK.

I should book the day off with stress. Honestly don't know why it has to be this difficult.
Feel your pain. No idea how many people have 18/19 but wouldn't be against them having a morning to themselves.

I guess with limited capacity the problem is that it then becomes more difficult for others to get established so they have to dick about with the numbers.

Edit: also in my opinion a sale like this in advance is ripe for people buying everything they can and then selling if they can't go or have no intention of going so then you aren't sure those that bought in these sales are even going to most of the matches they buy when it comes to numbers next season.
« Last Edit: July 5, 2016, 05:53:20 pm by Hij »

Offline lukechaf08

• Anny Roader
« Reply #84 on: July 5, 2016, 05:55:02 pm »
Is this replacing late availability?
Late availability will still take place around 2 weeks before

Offline Hij

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
    • Grime Forum
« Reply #85 on: July 5, 2016, 06:00:34 pm »
Cheers. I'm on my phone and only managed to read this thread today.

Seems late availability is my best option.

Offline lfc79

• Kopite
« Reply #86 on: July 5, 2016, 06:01:23 pm »
It's not possible to please everyone but there are a number of things they need to do.
 Given the new away ticket price cap at Ł30 they should reduce the lower anfield road to the same price as the kop as there is up to an Ł11 difference at the moment. Introduce loyalty requirement for seats on the Kop, 6-8 games can help the cat c game if a lot of the members tickets on the kop are taken by people only going to 1-2 games a season. Increase the amount for season ticket match returns before the bulk sale.
The idea of tiered loyalty would work with a waiting list system rather than additional sales, so if you miss out in the bulk sale you go into a queue as tickets become available.
Hold the sales on Sat / Sunday

Offline davidsteventon

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #87 on: July 5, 2016, 06:10:24 pm »
We've spoken a few times about the 'pre login' as well.

I'm shitting bricks being late for work, meanwhile some clown has got 8 tickets in his basket with no intention or past history to buy them. He then releases later, but too late because those of us needing to get in and out have had to settle for what is there.

Having that pre login wouldn't cut down entirely, but you'd expect less pissing about it.

It's infuriating panic buying then turning up to work and checking on lunch hour or phone and seeing seats pop up.

Offline Modroxter

• Main Stander
« Reply #88 on: July 5, 2016, 06:55:16 pm »
Feel your pain. No idea how many people have 18/19 but wouldn't be against them having a morning to themselves.

I guess with limited capacity the problem is that it then becomes more difficult for others to get established so they have to dick about with the numbers.

Edit: also in my opinion a sale like this in advance is ripe for people buying everything they can and then selling if they can't go or have no intention of going so then you aren't sure those that bought in these sales are even going to most of the matches they buy when it comes to numbers next season.

I do think having tickets available to local only will help to improve the atmosphere along with the tickets for the young adults and kids.

But what will eat away at the atmosphere is even more day trippers visiting who don't know the songs or have any intention of singing.

Another problem I see is that there are a number of touts who currently purchase on the current system and now that all members can purchase straight off the bat I foresee even more tickets getting into the hands of these skalpers.

Next they will start using ticket master or stub hub to increase and sell on tickets at even more expense.

Come on Liverpool do not go down this road.

Online swoopy

• not a mod. At all. Like ever. And certainly not on the ticket board that's for sure. Not for want of trying. Can't spell Irmingham either.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #89 on: July 5, 2016, 06:55:28 pm »
Anyone know if there will be 'general sales' for PL games this season still?

Offline Modroxter

• Main Stander
« Reply #90 on: July 5, 2016, 06:59:46 pm »

Do you think that the late availability will be a staggered and tiered system then going down from 13+?

I know it is showing on members sale as 4+ for Man Utd and City but wondered if the late availibility may return back to normality in going to loyal supporters from last and previous seasons.

Offline geth7

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
« Reply #91 on: July 5, 2016, 07:02:54 pm »

Doesn't late availability usually take place on the Wednesday before the game?
+18 ticket exchange

Offline redgriffin73

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Thanks for everything Rafa. Nunca Caminarás Solo.
« Reply #92 on: July 5, 2016, 07:05:09 pm »
Introduce loyalty requirement for seats on the Kop

Would be good and might improve the atmosphere but on the other hand the club wouldn't be able to market their "famous Kop atmosphere" to the daytrippers would they? ::)
Rafa Benitez: "I'll always keep in my heart the good times I've had here, the strong and loyal support of the fans in the tough times and the love from Liverpool. I have no words to thank you enough for all these years and I am very proud to say that I was your manager. Thank you so much once more and always remember: You'll never walk alone."

Offline Anfield89

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #93 on: July 5, 2016, 07:10:17 pm »
Ł30 odd pound stopping some mate.

There's the light membership that's a bit cheaper, If you cant afford to pay for a membership you cant really afford to buy a few tickets either can you.

Online swoopy

• not a mod. At all. Like ever. And certainly not on the ticket board that's for sure. Not for want of trying. Can't spell Irmingham either.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #94 on: July 5, 2016, 07:11:18 pm »
It seems there will be two elements to the 'local' sales

A local general sale, and a local members sale for each game:

http://www.liverpoolfc.com/tickets/season-2016-17-ticketing-initiative-qa

Q. What seating will be available for sale in the Local Member’s sale?

A. Seats for this sale will be available in Lower Anfield Road, blocks 126 and 127.

Q. What seating will be available for sale in the Local General sale?

A. Seats for this sale will be restricted in view and situated in the Main Stand Upper Tier, areas U1 and U9.  All tickets will be priced at Ł9 each; concessions will not apply.

Offline Stringfella

• Kemlynite
« Reply #95 on: July 5, 2016, 07:12:16 pm »
19 league games a season for the last 7 years, plus every cup game for the last 7 years, 10K more seats and its getting more difficult to get a ticket!  Mmmmm!

Offline Hij

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
    • Grime Forum
« Reply #96 on: July 5, 2016, 07:12:17 pm »
We've spoken a few times about the 'pre login' as well.

I'm shitting bricks being late for work, meanwhile some clown has got 8 tickets in his basket with no intention or past history to buy them. He then releases later, but too late because those of us needing to get in and out have had to settle for what is there.

Having that pre login wouldn't cut down entirely, but you'd expect less pissing about it.

It's infuriating panic buying then turning up to work and checking on lunch hour or phone and seeing seats pop up.
They actually managed to introduce a type of pre login during the waiting list Sevilla tickets debacle. Nothing to do with being qualified but you had to have a member account. It really can't be that difficult to get people to make it so you can only log in if qualified

Offline Modroxter

• Main Stander
« Reply #97 on: July 5, 2016, 07:19:16 pm »
Would be good and might improve the atmosphere but on the other hand the club wouldn't be able to market their "famous Kop atmosphere" to the daytrippers would they? ::)

Could not agree more, definitely need to introduce this loyalty reward for the kop and even KP KN and KM in centenary as well. Might pen and email to the club but having done that previously regarding the tickets system, second thoughts no point, your lucky to get a response.

Offline Anfield89

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #98 on: July 5, 2016, 07:19:21 pm »
If it was my choice id have the whole 100s (excluding 109 sack that off to the Centenary) for the young adults tickets that go on sale and L postcode until its full. Obviously going to have quiet a lot season tickets in that area so no idea how many would actually be available.

Move adult and child to the paddock so there's a chance for others to try help the atmosphere at Annie road end.

Online Barneylfc∗

• Cross-dressing man-bag wielding golfer. Wannabe Mod. Coprophiliac. Would like to buy an airline seat if he could. Known 'grass'. Wants to go home to He-Man
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #99 on: July 5, 2016, 07:20:47 pm »
13+ then a free for all for the rest? Fuck off
Craig Burnley V West Ham - WEST HAM WIN - INCORRECT

Offline Claire.

• RAWK Staff.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #100 on: July 5, 2016, 07:27:16 pm »
Hopefully the L postcode sales are window only.

Offline Anfield89

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #101 on: July 5, 2016, 07:29:38 pm »

Doesn't really matter if it's a separate sale does it? Or do you live on Skerries  ;D

Offline davidsteventon

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #102 on: July 5, 2016, 07:34:11 pm »
19 league games a season for the last 7 years, plus every cup game for the last 7 years, 10K more seats and its getting more difficult to get a ticket!  Mmmmm!

Same mate. The new stand adds 8k or is it 8.5k. But they're not for us. I feel like David Icke coming out with this but it's true.

In 2014/15 we had 10,000 tickets for members.
In 2015/16 we had 8,500 tickets for members. (Tv Deals and Stand expansion reduction).
In 2016/17 we have 10,000 tickets for members.

From the 8.5k we have 2.5k ish increase in Season Tickets OK. The rest is unobtainable corporate. The lesser hospitality has been taking numbers off the members sales for years.

Let this sink in lads and lasses. That 8500 extra seats are not for me and you. 2.5k gone to new Season Ticket Holders.
Members? We're back to where we were in 2014/15. It has not increased.

The best cons and swindles to get away with are the ones done right in front of you. This is one of the biggest that we've got 8500 new seats. We have - just not for anyone like me or my mates of you. Every article and all that will say 8500 new seats isn't the expansion amazing. No. It's not.

Offline willss

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #103 on: July 5, 2016, 07:43:30 pm »
Reading the details I'm concerned about buying a young adult ticket for my lads (15 & 8). It seems like they should buy adult tickets for the kop. I've done it before without issue but not for a large number of games.

Offline Claire.

• RAWK Staff.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #104 on: July 5, 2016, 07:47:25 pm »
Doesn't really matter if it's a separate sale does it? Or do you live on Skerries  ;D
*taps nose*

Anything that keeps those South End horrors out ;D

Offline redgriffin73

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Thanks for everything Rafa. Nunca Caminarás Solo.
« Reply #105 on: July 5, 2016, 08:05:37 pm »
It doesn't affect me but I'm interested to know how they'll implement the local thing, can they introduce something into the online system that checks your address? It's probably something simple that I haven't thought of!
Rafa Benitez: "I'll always keep in my heart the good times I've had here, the strong and loyal support of the fans in the tough times and the love from Liverpool. I have no words to thank you enough for all these years and I am very proud to say that I was your manager. Thank you so much once more and always remember: You'll never walk alone."

Offline lukechaf08

• Anny Roader
« Reply #106 on: July 5, 2016, 08:09:21 pm »
Doesn't late availability usually take place on the Wednesday before the game?
Stopped that last season and now normally takes place couple weeks before

Offline xRedmanLFCx

• Legacy Fan
  • Of the glory, round the fields, of Anfield Road!
« Reply #107 on: July 5, 2016, 08:25:46 pm »

Yes, this is vital. Otherwise it can be scammed and abused.
I always said we had the best two teams on Merseyside… Liverpool and Liverpool Reserves.

Online Barneylfc∗

• Cross-dressing man-bag wielding golfer. Wannabe Mod. Coprophiliac. Would like to buy an airline seat if he could. Known 'grass'. Wants to go home to He-Man
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #108 on: July 5, 2016, 08:26:59 pm »
What's to stop someone changing their address to an L postcode?
Craig Burnley V West Ham - WEST HAM WIN - INCORRECT

Offline Anfield89

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #109 on: July 5, 2016, 08:43:23 pm »
Yes, this is vital. Otherwise it can be scammed and abused.

There will still be loads selling them on.

Offline Claude Cat

• Sworn Enemy of Pawed Dog!
  • Anny Roader
« Reply #110 on: July 5, 2016, 09:05:23 pm »
By the looks of it, just over 1000 young adults tickets will be available for each game. assuming they have the same amount for each game, as there will be 20k over the course of the season

wait, so if I'm the 1001st young adult to try and buy a ticket I'll be charged the adult price? :(

Offline xRedmanLFCx

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #111 on: July 5, 2016, 09:13:31 pm »
wait, so if I'm the 1001st young adult to try and buy a ticket I'll be charged the adult price? :(

It would appear so. I presumed it would be like the Europa last season, whereby you could select any seat and pick Young Adult in the drop down menu when checking out. Balls. 1000 will hardly meet demand.
I always said we had the best two teams on Merseyside… Liverpool and Liverpool Reserves.

Offline Paullfc95

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #112 on: July 5, 2016, 09:41:43 pm »
It would appear so. I presumed it would be like the Europa last season, whereby you could select any seat and pick Young Adult in the drop down menu when checking out. Balls. 1000 will hardly meet demand.
1000 should be plenty, especially if your in the 13+ sale it'll be fine

Offline Hij

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
    • Grime Forum
« Reply #113 on: July 5, 2016, 09:43:50 pm »
Same mate. The new stand adds 8k or is it 8.5k. But they're not for us. I feel like David Icke coming out with this but it's true.

In 2014/15 we had 10,000 tickets for members.
In 2015/16 we had 8,500 tickets for members. (Tv Deals and Stand expansion reduction).
In 2016/17 we have 10,000 tickets for members.

From the 8.5k we have 2.5k ish increase in Season Tickets OK. The rest is unobtainable corporate. The lesser hospitality has been taking numbers off the members sales for years.

Let this sink in lads and lasses. That 8500 extra seats are not for me and you. 2.5k gone to new Season Ticket Holders.
Members? We're back to where we were in 2014/15. It has not increased.

The best cons and swindles to get away with are the ones done right in front of you. This is one of the biggest that we've got 8500 new seats. We have - just not for anyone like me or my mates of you. Every article and all that will say 8500 new seats isn't the expansion amazing. No. It's not.
While I agree with the sentiment and it's a fact that the increase hasn't benefited members directly that's still 8,500 extra people in the stadium each week. That has to have a knock on effect down the line. Surely?

Unless the 8,500 are totally new people attending then it must help the demand issues.

If a company gets a corporate box and offers people who work for them a ticket to every home game then they won't need to enter into the members sale like they may have used to for instance.

I think we should have seen a net increase for members but you would seriously hope there is an adjustment on the competition for the 10,000. We will see anyway

Offline Billy Elliot

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #114 on: July 5, 2016, 09:49:34 pm »
There will still be loads selling them on.

As they're all being sold in specific blocks I think it'll be easy to police them.  It seemed to be the Road End who got hit with the most spot checks for last last year as it was.  I reckon they'll also get suspicious if they can't produce ID with a Liverpool post code.

With me 3 star jumper half way up me back!

Offline Billy Elliot

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #115 on: July 5, 2016, 09:54:08 pm »
1000 should be plenty, especially if your in the 13+ sale it'll be fine

Don't think it is.  It might meet current demand but the idea is to attract more young people in.  If it attracts more young people to try to get tickets then supply will be above demand.  They should be looking to get a lot more than 1,000 in.

With the TV money, I'd say they could easily afford to sell all members 18 to 21 at the young adult price. 

Offline xRedmanLFCx

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #116 on: July 5, 2016, 10:01:45 pm »
Don't think it is.  It might meet current demand but the idea is to attract more young people in.  If it attracts more young people to try to get tickets then supply will be above demand.  They should be looking to get a lot more than 1,000 in.

With the TV money, I'd say they could easily afford to sell all members 18 to 21 at the young adult price.

This. Matchday revenue is pittance to the club these days. Should be an unlimited amount of under 21 tickets.

Offline cmccarthy81

• Anny Roader
  • c'mon no.19
« Reply #117 on: July 5, 2016, 10:05:49 pm »
Wait a second, reading back over the announcement, please tell me if I'm wrong, but are we missing something (unless been mentioned previously)... Wasn't last years 8+ sale in place for all cat a & b games, a good majority? 14 or so?

Now, unless you have the 13 (we're on 11 this year), so anyone between 4 and 12 will only get any sort of priority on 4 or 5 games? (the old cat a's)?

That's ludicrous if so.

Edit - brain fart. Was speaking bollocks as per post below.
« Last Edit: July 5, 2016, 10:16:12 pm by cmccarthy81 »

Offline Billy Elliot

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #118 on: July 5, 2016, 10:09:27 pm »
Wait a second, reading back over the announcement, please tell me if I'm wrong, but are we missing something (unless been mentioned previously)... Wasn't last years 8+ sale in place for all cat a & b games, a good majority? 14 or so?

Now, unless you have the 13 (we're on 11 this year), so anyone between 4 and 12 will only get any sort of priority on 4 or 5 games? (the old cat a's)?

That's ludicrous if so.

Nah, the 8+ was just for cat A.  The 4+ for this season will be for the same amount of matches that they had 8+ for last season. 

Offline Claire.

• RAWK Staff.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #119 on: July 5, 2016, 10:11:46 pm »
What's to stop someone changing their address to an L postcode?
Exactly why I want a window sale.