Author Topic: Dejan Lovren  (Read 501331 times)

Offline Oberyn_Martell

• Desperate for it.
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: Dejan Lovren signs new long-term Liverpool contract
« Reply #1080 on: April 29, 2017, 01:08:22 am »
Would have much preferred to keep Sakho as third choice instead of Lovren but oh well.
Mods can you change my name to Melissa x

Offline Kopenhagen

• Ban hammer of Damocles poised to drop if Everton finish fourth.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1081 on: April 29, 2017, 02:11:13 am »
The way I see it, we're definitely in the market for a first-choice CB (according to the reliable journalists), and Lovren is good insurance. Matip & Lovren are frequently injured, so we're going to need someone better than Klavan/Lucas/Gomez anyway, whether or not Lovren/Matip are "first-choice" or not.

He's a decent enough defender, a good option.
"There is no final victory, just as there is no final defeat. There is just the same battle to be fought over and over again."

Offline elsewhere

• Turning Japanese, I think I'm turning Japanese, I really think I mean African, so...
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1082 on: April 29, 2017, 02:12:34 am »
It's also irritating these players have reputations before joining our league, yet instead of taking the punt at a minimal fee we wait until they've done it here for a season or two and then pay mega bucks.

Lovren shown at Lyon, just like Van Dijk did at Celtic what they are capable of. Why wait for them to do it in a Southampton shirt first?

We should be going after players like Yeray, St Juste, Tah, Marcos Llorente, Theo Hernandez etc

Great point. Clearly whoever is in charge of this values "PL proven" as a significant criteria. We hesitate to pay 5M and insist on 4M for a potential like Dele Alli, then get players from mid table teams for 30M.

Offline Frizzo

• Having a Bad Hair Life.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1083 on: April 29, 2017, 04:08:12 am »

Honestly, I am absolutely distraught

Wow. I know everyone in here takes football a little too seriously. Must of us would admit that.

But still...wow.

Offline diegoLFC7

• Legacy Fan
  • LFC
« Reply #1084 on: April 29, 2017, 04:53:30 am »
On a 100k a week, he wont be third CB.
Seen us win everything

Offline jamie_c

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1085 on: April 29, 2017, 06:23:39 am »
If you evaluate his performances over the 3 years he's been a poor signing. 

We should bet trying to ship him out and upgrading, not giving him a contract that no other team would be stupid enough to match.

Offline hide5seek

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all live in THE 5 EUROPEAN CUPS
« Reply #1086 on: April 29, 2017, 06:35:43 am »
If you evaluate his performances over the 3 years he's been a poor signing. 

We should bet trying to ship him out and upgrading, not giving him a contract that no other team would be stupid enough to match.

Started off poor and is now all right. Was hoping we'd upgrade to be honest.

Online jckliew

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1087 on: April 29, 2017, 08:22:50 am »
If Lovren remains our first choice, then our ambitions are pretty low.
My 12yr old son asked me: Is Blackburn a Racist name?

Offline smicer07

• Negative, miserable sod!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1088 on: April 29, 2017, 08:43:48 am »
Would have much preferred to keep Sakho as third choice instead of Lovren but oh well.
Sakho? Fuck him right off.

Offline -HH-

• 'cocky bastard'?
  • Legacy Fan
  • Never forget the Hillsborough victims
    • Footy fans
« Reply #1089 on: April 29, 2017, 09:00:28 am »
Great point. Clearly whoever is in charge of this values "PL proven" as a significant criteria. We hesitate to pay 5M and insist on 4M for a potential like Dele Alli, then get players from mid table teams for 30M.

No, it sounds like a great point but it really isn't. If you want to fight it out at the top of the table it is difficult enough to get your talented youngsters playing time before you even factor in these types of gambles. For every Lovren and Van Dijk there's a hundred players of similar reputation who fail. Mid table teams can take those gambles, but let's be honest if we sign a new starting centre back or winger for between £5million and £15 million most people will be up in arms that the club isn't willing to spend for the best. And if that player doesn't hit the ground running (see Iago Aspas) then it's really difficult to turn it round. Meanwhile the team's performance suffers.
None of that is to say you never sign these players, just that the idea that it is so simple is bollocks, as is the suggestion that we never do it (Iago Aspas, Luis Alberto, Tiago Ilori, Loris Karius, Joel Matip).

On Lovren's contract, I'm happy enough to have him kept on board, his partnership with Matip is solid compared to any other we have. Signing a first choice centre back to partner either Matip or Lovren and we should be moving towards a more consistently solid back line.
Balotelli, Falcao, Cavani...

I'll be shocked if it's anyone other Etoo. Etoo or no-one. Simples.

In fact, I'll do you all a favor and ban myself from the January transfer window forum if we get anyone other than Etoo.

Offline Banquo's Ghost

• Macbeth's on repeat. To boldly split infinitives that lesser men would dare. To.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1090 on: April 29, 2017, 09:29:40 am »
“I am really happy about this,” Klopp said. “In a situation like this I know how football supporters think. If you had asked them after the Dortmund game they would have said: ‘Give him a 20-year contract.’

“When you see the Crystal Palace game they think: ‘Can we find another team who could have him?’ The truth is in between.

“In a situation like this you have to look outside. If Dejan played for another club you’d think about signing him and then you think what you’d have to pay for him and it would be a big amount of money.

“Giving him a new contract, working with him, he is 27 years old, the best time for a centre-half is still to come.

“I don’t know a lot about it but I heard he had a difficult start at Liverpool but he has really settled so that’s really good. He is physically strong, quick and a good footballer. Sometimes decision making could be better but no-one out there – and we watch a lot – is perfect.

“We really think he can help us a lot and we can help him in these few decisive parts of his game and that is what we want to do. I am so happy about the news.”

That's all that needs to be said for me. The boss wants him, thinks he can improve.

Spot in about many of the fans too. Also, and I can't find the article now - there was an interesting piece about our defence, particularly the CBs, which argued convincingly that its very hard to defend in our system because the full backs are so often far up the pitch. Allardyce was being quoted as targeting exactly that with pace, because he said the full backs can be caught out leaving just the CBs to defend.

Be humble, for you are made of earth. Be noble, for you are made of stars.

Offline classycarra

• The Left Disonourable Chuntering Member For Scousepool.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1091 on: April 29, 2017, 09:41:15 am »
That's all that needs to be said for me. The boss wants him, thinks he can improve.

Spot in about many of the fans too. Also, and I can't find the article now - there was an interesting piece about our defence, particularly the CBs, which argued convincingly that its very hard to defend in our system because the full backs are so often far up the pitch. Allardyce was being quoted as targeting exactly that with pace, because he said the full backs can be caught out leaving just the CBs to defend.

Great lines from Klopp, thanks for posting them.

I'm increasingly concerned about our 'holy trinity' being too much at odds with each other to achieve what we all want. I think Klopp has to manage our fans (supporters don't need his coaching) now, as well as our team.

It's toxic at the ground these days. Don't think I've ever been more miserable than the Southampton semi,  witnessing the crowd moaning, scaring and rushing our team from a decent early performance ultimately pressuring them into a miserably incoherent mess. And then berating them for making poor rushed decisions.

This thread is similarly discouraging. Large swathes of our fanbase don't deserve to celebrate any success the likes of Lovren and the rest of the team might be a part of, given their shithousery. Wish these people would just stick to watching us in the pub rather than infecting the home atmosphere though

Offline Jake

• Fuck VAR
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Fuck VAR
« Reply #1092 on: April 29, 2017, 09:45:54 am »
Are you actually saying that those who don't think Dejan deserved a pay rise don't deserve to go to Anfield?! Fuck right off.
I'm not vaccinated against covid and ... I don't wear masks.

Offline harryc

• ane ;)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We All Live in a Red and a White Kop
« Reply #1093 on: April 29, 2017, 09:54:37 am »
Great lines from Klopp, thanks for posting them.

I'm increasingly concerned about our 'holy trinity' being too much at odds with each other to achieve what we all want. I think Klopp has to manage our fans (supporters don't need his coaching) now, as well as our team.

It's toxic at the ground these days. Don't think I've ever been more miserable than the Southampton semi,  witnessing the crowd moaning, scaring and rushing our team from a decent early performance ultimately pressuring them into a miserably incoherent mess. And then berating them for making poor rushed decisions.

This thread is similarly discouraging. Large swathes of our fanbase don't deserve to celebrate any success the likes of Lovren and the rest of the team might be a part of, given their shithousery. Wish these people would just stick to watching us in the pub rather than infecting the home atmosphere though

Yeah it's the fans who make the multi millionaires put in shit performances!

Offline Ste08

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1094 on: April 29, 2017, 09:59:47 am »
This deal shows the continual erosion of standards at Liverpool. What does it say to the rest of the defenders that this accident waiting to happen is rewarded for his continual error ridden play with a new six figure contract that no other team would pay him. He was bought into solve our defensive issues and has failed miserably and been apart of a defence that has conceded roughly 50 goals a season every year he has been here. The reason we concede so many is because there is zero accountability back there and deals like this do not help.

Offline classycarra

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1095 on: April 29, 2017, 10:04:05 am »
Are you actually saying that those who don't think Dejan deserved a pay rise don't deserve to go to Anfield?! Fuck right off.

Nope, I'm actually not!

I realise I might have made a leap that made more sense in my head than on paper. My points are about the general malaise around the club on matchday in the past 10 years, that gets worse every single year.

Probably a post for a different thread, ultimately, but Klopp's excellent quotes prompted me to write about it. He gets it, he understands both the club's needs and some of the fans' moans, and so has carefully explained the situation in an attempt to manage the fallout. It depresses me that an announcement of a contract extension has potential for such fallout though.

If we, as supporters, follow tradition and let the owners/directors 'just sign the cheques', then for fucks sake lets not waste our energy causing division when our universally loved manager has got the owners to sign the cheque he wants them to sign.

Offline jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"
« Reply #1096 on: April 29, 2017, 10:06:03 am »
Nope, I'm actually not!

I realise I might have made a leap that made more sense in my head than on paper. My points are about the general malaise around the club on matchday in the past 10 years, that gets worse every single year.

Probably a post for a different thread, ultimately, but Klopp's excellent quotes prompted me to write about it. He gets it, he understands both the club's needs and some of the fans' moans, and so has carefully explained the situation in an attempt to manage the fallout. It depresses me that an announcement of a contract extension has potential for such fallout though.

If we, as supporters, follow tradition and let the owners/directors 'just sign the cheques', then for fucks sake lets not waste our energy causing division when our universally loved manager has got the owners to sign the cheque he wants them to sign.

+1.

I thought you're original post was spot on too. It is coming to the situation that I can hardly bear to read anything about the club, as the are fans kicking off about something or other. I just read a perfectly acceptable interview by the manager in the Echo, who was obviously asked by the journalists to answer Mourinho's claims about it being too tough on United. He just pointed out in a perfectly reasonable way, how we had to do same thing last season, so he should just get on with it, with his big squad. I accidently came across the fan's responses, and it's just unbelieable. People groaning on about he shouldn't involve himself in Mourinho's mind games! Another one questioning whether he was the man to take us to where we need to be! It is just crazy, people just need to calm down, and give the man a chance. Sometimes its like banging you're head against the wall.  :butt 
« Last Edit: April 29, 2017, 10:18:51 am by jillc »
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"

Offline classycarra

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1097 on: April 29, 2017, 10:13:47 am »
Yeah it's the fans who make the multi millionaires put in shit performances!

We don't have a good squad at the moment, and it's distinctly lacking leadership and football intelligence. Hopefully that'll change, but since the end of January we've known what we've got, and that it can't change until the summer so moaning at the game won't fix anything.

So if the crowd are moaning every time we make a pass that retains possession, but isn't a Gerrard-esque 70 yard through ball leading to a 1 on 1, people get huffy and it rushes our players. You can even spot it happening when watching on the tele.

Now if we had Xabi Alonso in the middle, or just someone with his temperament, he would rise above all the noises and make the right decisions and ultimately shut the crowd up (though they rarely admit to just being plain wrong). Currently, we have players like Emre Can who almost need to have their decisions made for them every few minutes from the coaches. I don't mean to single him out, he (and Moreno) are just particularly obvious examples.

They start to rush when they feel encouraged to, and rushing makes their already poor decision making worse. So we go from playing the way Klopp has coached them, with a calm buildup (if a little slow at times), but requiring a slight tweak in intensity to playing like headless chickens delivering long balls to players who can't jump, crossing balls into empty boxes, shooting from 45 yards, trying to skin multiple people when a better pass is on etc. Obviously as this happens, the crowd show even more unrest and so it exacerbates things.

I'm not saying players and coaches are flawless, just saying that our supporters could make things easier. In the past ten years especially we've unfortunately transitioned from a team whose supporters can help them achieve more than expected on paper, to one whose supporters make the average/mundane more difficult than it needs to be, and make things that were otherwise simple a challenge

Offline fudge

• RAWK Gaylord
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm a swine, its my nature"
    • Fat man dancing
« Reply #1098 on: April 29, 2017, 10:15:34 am »
First time in ages he's been in the right position.

Good to see him sign up but realistically he's 3rd choice centre back at best, need to see much better quality in over the summer.
Rubber Dinghy Rapids....

Offline IanZG

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1099 on: April 29, 2017, 10:16:20 am »
Nope, I'm actually not!

This is really well put

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1100 on: April 29, 2017, 10:18:46 am »
Its not just his quality but his injury record which makes this deal a bit mad.

That said, we did give Mignolet a deal and tried to sign a replacement. You would imagine we will do the same here hopefully.

Bit concerned about the comments about looking for a defender like him from what Klopp said. Most people think Lovren is shite so if you take him on Liverpool form then its a pass.

Offline Lycan

• Loves egg. Quite partial to a nipple too. Once came into contact with Jeremy Beadle and his tiny right hand. I used to be a Werewolf, but I'm alright noooooooooowww!!!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1101 on: April 29, 2017, 10:23:50 am »
First time in ages he's been in the right position.

Good to see him sign up but realistically he's 3rd choice centre back at best, need to see much better quality in over the summer.

I tell you what, the more I see that new Liverpool top, the more I like it.
“There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. A high-powered mutant of some kind, never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die.”

Offline LallanaInPyjamas

• Keita's shit, Bundesliga's shit, Bundesliga 2's shit
  • Legacy Fan
  • RAWK Cheltenham 2020 Champion Tipster*
« Reply #1102 on: April 29, 2017, 10:26:46 am »
Its not just his quality but his injury record which makes this deal a bit mad.

That said, we did give Mignolet a deal and tried to sign a replacement. You would imagine we will do the same here hopefully.

Bit concerned about the comments about looking for a defender like him from what Klopp said. Most people think Lovren is shite so if you take him on Liverpool form then its a pass.

Most people aren't Jurgen Klopp. Most people know fuck all, frankly, as this thread proves once again. If it was down to most people we'd seemingly be going into next season with the hapless Klavan and the over-rated, unproven Joe Gomez as our back-ups.

Every big club needs three good to very good centre backs to succeed.

Offline ggcc14

• C onfuses objective and objectionable. C-ock
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1103 on: April 29, 2017, 10:30:33 am »
Most people aren't Jurgen Klopp. Most people know fuck all, frankly, as this thread proves once again. If it was down to most people we'd seemingly be going into next season with the hapless Klavan and the over-rated, unproven Joe Gomez as our back-ups.

Every big club needs three good to very good centre backs to succeed.
Has there been some sort of transfer ban on the sly?
I´ll say something that might surprise you. Real life is different to computer games.
I think Nadal is brilliant. One of the top 10 ever.

Offline B0151?

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1104 on: April 29, 2017, 10:30:58 am »

I forget how refreshing it is to have someone as honest and direct as Klopp. Not 'refreshing' actually, just really, really nice. Not entirely convinced on Lovren but, in the context of this extension, at least we know Klopp is.

Offline Dodge City

• Kemlynite
  • Weasel Fighter
« Reply #1105 on: April 29, 2017, 10:35:25 am »
"Giving him a new contract, working with him, he is 27 years old – the best time for a centre-half is still to come. He is physically strong, quick and a good footballer. Sometimes decision-making could be better but no one out there – and we watch a lot – is perfect."

I think Klopp has nailed it with his comments. That is pretty much how most fans view Lovren. I wonder if Klopp reads RAWK.

Offline Banquo's Ghost

• Macbeth's on repeat. To boldly split infinitives that lesser men would dare. To.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1106 on: April 29, 2017, 10:38:02 am »
We don't have a good squad at the moment, and it's distinctly lacking leadership and football intelligence. Hopefully that'll change, but since the end of January we've known what we've got, and that it can't change until the summer so moaning at the game won't fix anything.

So if the crowd are moaning every time we make a pass that retains possession, but isn't a Gerrard-esque 70 yard through ball leading to a 1 on 1, people get huffy and it rushes our players. You can even spot it happening when watching on the tele.

Now if we had Xabi Alonso in the middle, or just someone with his temperament, he would rise above all the noises and make the right decisions and ultimately shut the crowd up (though they rarely admit to just being plain wrong). Currently, we have players like Emre Can who almost need to have their decisions made for them every few minutes from the coaches. I don't mean to single him out, he (and Moreno) are just particularly obvious examples.

They start to rush when they feel encouraged to, and rushing makes their already poor decision making worse. So we go from playing the way Klopp has coached them, with a calm buildup (if a little slow at times), but requiring a slight tweak in intensity to playing like headless chickens delivering long balls to players who can't jump, crossing balls into empty boxes, shooting from 45 yards, trying to skin multiple people when a better pass is on etc. Obviously as this happens, the crowd show even more unrest and so it exacerbates things.

I'm not saying players and coaches are flawless, just saying that our supporters could make things easier. In the past ten years especially we've unfortunately transitioned from a team whose supporters can help them achieve more than expected on paper, to one whose supporters make the average/mundane more difficult than it needs to be, and make things that were otherwise simple a challenge

Very well put. I was at both the games you mention, and my view matches yours. You could feel, almost physically, the crowd's belief draining away and the negative feedback loop it created with the players.

I think the ability to step and and change that dynamic is one of the characteristics of leadership we may be missing. I fear that such an ability may be limited to very great players with a natural connection to the supporters, like Gerrard. I'm fairly certain we are in a different generation where supporters won't/can't do the supporting through sheer faith like we used to. (This is true of all modern football, I think - perhaps in the Premier league anyway).
Be humble, for you are made of earth. Be noble, for you are made of stars.

Offline the_red_pill

• Hasn't got a fucking clue when the Reds are playing next.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Frankly my dear...
« Reply #1107 on: April 29, 2017, 11:21:10 am »

Yep. Hard to argue with that(you can, but it's tough).
Long as the boss gets the building blocks HE wants, then I'm happy.

Don't have a problem with the wage either. Wages have gone up across the board and our revenues have grown quite a bit so it's about time we go over 100K - even for backups. I don't really have a problem with Dejan and I agree that he's just now going to start getting into his prime(normal outfield players start realizing their potential at about 25- for centerbacks, I would say it's around 27/28).
« Last Edit: April 29, 2017, 11:25:15 am by the_red_pill »
"Some listen to understand. Others listen to respond."
"A fool does not delight in understanding, but only in revealing his own mind."
In such a sumptuous festival of shite, I wouldn't be so quick to pick a winner..

But he'd make the shortlist

Offline MrRaptorTurtle

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1108 on: April 29, 2017, 11:23:41 am »
When he's on his day he's brilliant, he just fucks up more than our other CB's, hopefully he can improve on that aspect but still I'd hope that we'd go after another CB in the summer and maybe have Dejan as 3rd choice.

Offline the_red_pill

• Legacy Fan
  • Frankly my dear...
« Reply #1109 on: April 29, 2017, 11:28:52 am »
When he's on his day he's brilliant, he just fucks up more than our other CB's, hopefully he can improve on that aspect but still I'd hope that we'd go after another CB in the summer and maybe have Dejan as 3rd choice.
He can be a solid backup yes. I think we can all do with a first choice and so I think we haven't seen the end of this.
In such a sumptuous festival of shite, I wouldn't be so quick to pick a winner..

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1110 on: April 29, 2017, 11:41:18 am »

According to the Echo, when him and Matip have started together (14 times) we've won 8 drawn 5 and lost 1 (Palace). In amongst those games we've played Spurs away, Chelsea home and away, Palace the same, Utd home and Swansea away.
Jurgen, you made us laugh, you made us cry, you made Liverpool a bastion of invincibilty, now leave us on a high - YNWA

Offline the_red_pill

• Legacy Fan
  • Frankly my dear...
« Reply #1111 on: April 29, 2017, 11:43:39 am »
As Rob points out above, him and Matip's partnership is currently the most stable one at the back. I remember Karius also being solid when Lovren was in front of him.

Anyways that stat about Lovren/Matip has been mentioned on here a few times in the past few months.

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1112 on: April 29, 2017, 11:47:46 am »
As Rob points out above, him and Matip's partnership is currently the most stable one at the back. I remember Karius also being solid when Lovren was in front of him.

Anyways that stat about Lovren/Matip has been mentioned on here a few times in the past few months.

Yeah, but if they are first choice then something went wrong in the summer.

Offline ac

• Headless chicken
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1113 on: April 29, 2017, 11:49:54 am »
£100k a week for someone only good enough to be a squad player is absurd.

Offline McSquared

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1114 on: April 29, 2017, 11:52:02 am »

What about the article in the echo from April that said that 43% of goals conceded (at anfield) were from set pieces? What does that have to do full full backs being up the pitch? Your CBs should be the primary defence in these situations, so I don't think you can blame that on the system unless you are going to blame zonal marking? Lovren switches off and brain farts far to often to be a top CB. We could do better so I hope he is going to be backup and we can get some real quality in to replace him in the first team

Offline Chief Brody

• Living the goosed life. Requires explanation. Works on the 110% scale.
  • Kopite
  • Hi
« Reply #1115 on: April 29, 2017, 11:53:35 am »
When did our fanbase turn into a bunch of deluded, entitled gobshites?

Up until last weekend we hadn't lost a game with our first choice pair at the back. Look around the premier league, look around the world, you can count on one finger centre halfs that are flawless.

Dejan is not cover, Emre is not cover, these players are not our issue.

Anyone thinking he's a bench warmer and we're going to be bringing in Jerome Boateng needs to have a rethink, not that even someone like him is a guarantee, look at Mustafi, I bet the people on here that treat this whole thing like a game of Ultimate team would have wanted him in.

Have a bit of faith in Klopp.

Offline ac

• Headless chicken
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1116 on: April 29, 2017, 11:55:10 am »
When did our fanbase turn into a bunch of deluded, entitled gobshites?

Up until last weekend we hadn't lost a game with our first choice pair at the back. Look around the premier league, look around the world, you can count on one finger centre halfs that are flawless.

Dejan is not cover, Emre is not cover, these players are not our issue.

Anyone thinking he's a bench warmer and we're going to be bringing in Jerome Boateng needs to have a rethink, not that even someone like him is a guarantee, look at Mustafi, I bet the people on here that treat this whole thing like a game of Ultimate team would have wanted him in.

Have a bit of faith in Klopp.

Do you think Lovren is good enough to be a first team starter for LFC?

Offline Chief Brody

• Living the goosed life. Requires explanation. Works on the 110% scale.
  • Kopite
  • Hi
« Reply #1117 on: April 29, 2017, 11:57:15 am »
I don't think he is, I know he is.

Offline the_red_pill

• Legacy Fan
  • Frankly my dear...
« Reply #1118 on: April 29, 2017, 12:17:25 pm »
£100k a week for someone only good enough to be a squad player is absurd.
Tell that to our competitors(I'm not talking about Arsenal, who are an anomaly).

Offline Gaz123456

• Legacy Fan
  • 2005 - The best and worst year of my life
    • Elite Financial Planning Consultants
« Reply #1119 on: April 29, 2017, 12:17:30 pm »
Lovren is a decent player who is getting better under Klopp. How good he will eventually be, no one knows. To secure him to a contract for the best period of his career can only be good news.