Author Topic: Momo Sissoko  (Read 10251 times)

Offline potatomato33

• Combat Carl
  • Legacy Fan
Momo Sissoko
« on: August 23, 2015, 01:16:14 pm »
So I'm here on holiday in Shanghai and decided watch the local derby and who do I see, but the one and only Momo Sissoko! But wait, there's more! He is now teammates with... Tim Cahill! There is a certain irony in that.

Oh, and the opposition team coached by Sven Goren Erikson.

Online Giono

• Legacy Fan
  • And stop calling me Shirley
Re: Momo Sissoko
« Reply #1 on: September 4, 2015, 04:39:20 am »
What positions were they playing over there?
"I am a great believer in luck and the harder I work the more of it I have." Stephen Leacock

Offline potatomato33

• Combat Carl
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2 on: September 10, 2015, 04:27:40 am »
Momo was DM and Cahill was a forward. They lost 1-0

Offline Mr Kipling

• Manhattanite
  • Legacy Fan
  • "Dream of Kloppifornication"
« Reply #3 on: September 13, 2015, 11:44:54 pm »
I miss Momo.

Could do with someone like him now, getting a few tackles in and putting himself about.

He's only 30 as well.

Offline Keith Lard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4 on: September 15, 2015, 04:59:00 am »
When I think of Momo I always smile. Loved having this lad in the team before he picked up the eye injury. After the injury his passing went down to such a level that his physical prowess could no longer make up for his lack of ability in that department. Still, one of those players I'll always consider to be "one of us".

I'm a sentimental sheep shagging pony lover so leave me be with my Sissoko reverence
Pour yourself a drink and enjoy watching a genius in red - John Barnes || https://youtu.be/XEJfzUSH4e4

Offline oojason

• The Official RAWK Audio Visual God. Founder Member of the Ricky Gervais' 'David Brad Fan Club'.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The Awkward Squad
« Reply #5 on: September 15, 2015, 06:09:40 pm »
When I think of Momo I always smile. Loved having this lad in the team before he picked up the eye injury. After the injury his passing went down to such a level that his physical prowess could no longer make up for his lack of ability in that department. Still, one of those players I'll always consider to be "one of us".

I'm a sentimental sheep shagging pony lover so leave me be with my Sissoko reverence

Same here mate - happy days indeed - we were fortunate to be able to have replaced him so well with Masch.

Was there at the Blues (St Andrews) when he fecked his shoulder - really felt for the lad. Did well for himself going to Juve & PSG after. Levante too.

Gave us a lot of balance in midfield being partnered with Alonso - Gerrard and Kewell either side on the flanks for a while too!

Think Ballack may not have been sad to see him leave us though... :)

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/oa4N-ypfPGw" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/oa4N-ypfPGw</a>

Cracking song too...

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/ayivhplxuwM" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/ayivhplxuwM</a>

« Last Edit: August 20, 2022, 02:22:27 am by oojason »
Some 'Useful Info' for following the football + TV, Streams, Highlights & Replays etc - www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=345769

A mini-index of RAWK's 'Liverpool Audio / Video Thread' content over the years; & more - www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=345769.msg17787576#msg17787576

Offline Johns_Barn

• No new LFC topics
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #6 on: September 16, 2015, 05:12:39 pm »
Love the man and that kit.

Offline thelinnen

• Tepid Water Lite. Serial Moaner
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7 on: September 3, 2016, 06:49:56 pm »
On trial at West Brom.
Then in the midddle out pops a smiling glen johnson pulling up his jersey to reveal a t-shirt of suarez with a text saying. "OUR SUAREZ IS A FRIEND TO ALL COLOURS!"

Offline Alf

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Leader of Alf Quaida & the Scaliban
« Reply #8 on: September 3, 2016, 06:55:42 pm »
My favourite memory of Sissoko would be the FA Cup Final 10 years ago, he covered every blade of grass during that game. Was outstanding at the Nou Camp 9 months later too.

Offline zabadoh

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Walk on with hope in your heart
« Reply #9 on: September 4, 2016, 12:19:28 am »
Sounds like he impressed on his trial against Delhi Dynamos

http://www.birminghammail.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/west-brom-trialist-momo-sissoko-11839087

West Brom trialist Momo Sissoko impresses Baggies coaches and fans

Former Liverpool midfielder powered through Delhi Dynamos friendly despite lack of match action

Trialist Momo Sissoko was praised for his performance in West Bromwich Albion's 1-0 friendly win over Delhi Dynamos at The Hawthorns.

The French-born Mali international was included on the team sheet along with fellow auditionee Marouane Chamakh.

But while the Moroccan suffered injury early on, Sissoko powered through and played well enough to earn a standing ovation from fans when he was withdrawn late on.

His last club was Chinese Super League side Shanghai Shenhua, whom he left in 2015, so Baggies first team coach Ben Garner was impressed by his showing.

“Considering the lack of competitive football that he’s had, I thought he did very well," said Garner.

“He showed what he is as a player, he’s strong, he’s athletic and he broke the game up quite well.

“I thought he used the ball quite well. He was caught once or twice when he couldn’t quite move his feet.

“But to come in and do that, considering the lack of minutes he’s had, was a huge positive.

“Primarily, he is a holding midfield player. That’s what he’s always done. He sits and he shields that back four and then he passes it and moves the ball quickly.

“But we will have to see where it goes and whether anything happens with that.”
« Last Edit: September 4, 2016, 12:47:36 am by zabadoh »
“It's impossible,” said Pride.  “It's risky,” said Experience.  “It's pointless,” said Reason.

“Give it a try,” whispered the Heart. - Ken-Obi

Online GreatEx

• pectations. might be a cunt but isn't a capitalist cunt. Blissfully ignorant.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #10 on: September 5, 2016, 11:37:16 pm »
Would be a giddy thrill if he returned to the Premier League... thought he'd been lost to the satellite leagues forever.

Offline Johnny B. Goode

• Currently flying solo.....
  • Legacy Fan
  • What planet is Garrincha from?
« Reply #11 on: September 6, 2016, 06:01:28 am »
Same here mate - happy days - . we were fortunate to be able to have replaced him so well with Masch.

Was there at the Blues when he fecked his shoulder - really felt for the lad. Did well for himself going to Juve & PSG after. Levante too.

Gave us a lot of balance in midfield being partnered with Alonso - Gerrard and Kewell either side for a while too!

Think Ballack may not have been sad to see him leave us though... :)

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/oa4N-ypfPGw?fs=1" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/oa4N-ypfPGw?fs=1</a>

That's a cracking video. God I miss proper DMs. Seem to be going out of fashion nowadays
'You put Pele face-to-face with me and I'll tell him: Pelé - you, me, any so-and-so...we can't deal with Garrincha, he's better than all of us.' Eusebio

Offline Spanish Al

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12 on: September 6, 2016, 06:27:28 am »
Love Momo, proper cult hero. He was a monster before that nasty eye injury. Never seemed to recover for us after that.

I know it gets said about seemingly every ex player but would he be great in a Klopp midfield? That video against Chelsea above shows him pressing high up and winning the ball back before giving it to the more creative players to then punish out of position players. Miss that in our midfield now.

We had the best midfield in the world, we had xabi Alonso, momo sissoko, Gerrard and mascheranoooooo...oooo oooo ooo oooo oooo. One of my favourite songs from the Rafa era. From any era in fact.
Rafa Benitez: "I’ll always keep in my heart the good times I’ve had here, the strong and loyal support of the fans in the tough times and the love from Liverpool. I have no words to thank you enough for all these years and I am very proud to say that I was your manager."

Offline zabadoh

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
“It's impossible,” said Pride.  “It's risky,” said Experience.  “It's pointless,” said Reason.

Offline zabadoh

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #14 on: November 16, 2016, 03:53:30 am »
« Last Edit: November 16, 2016, 03:56:02 am by zabadoh »

Offline Skidder.

• Minster. Aka The Censored Baron XII. I remember watching that as a skid!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Kloppite
« Reply #15 on: January 12, 2017, 01:12:42 am »
Really hope Momo finds another club in England - had his moments for us, but by enlarge, I thought he was a great player for us and was surprised when he was sold.
Continually on 11,420.

Online Gods_Left_Boot

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #16 on: February 16, 2017, 08:34:22 pm »
Very random development. Momo is currently on trial for my hometown club (21st in the Italian Serie B, second division). According to a couple of friends of mine who were at the training ground he doesn't look in great shape.

September 12, 2012:Truth today, justice tomorrow.

Oliver Kay ‏@OliverKayTimes
Those who've campaigned for the truth on Hillsborough were once a suppressed minority. Now the minority are those left clinging to the lies.

My idea was to build Liverpool into a bastion of invincibility. Napoleon had that idea. He wanted to conquer the bloody world.

Offline zabadoh

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #17 on: February 18, 2017, 05:16:49 am »
According to the Echo, Momo actually signed with Ternana today, although the nature and length of the contract were not revealed.

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/liverpool-cult-hero-momo-sissokos-12622414

Online Gods_Left_Boot

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #18 on: February 20, 2017, 12:43:50 am »
According to the Echo, Momo actually signed with Ternana today, although the nature and length of the contract were not revealed.

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/liverpool-cult-hero-momo-sissokos-12622414

He signed until the end of this season.

Those who've campaigned for the truth on Hillsborough were once a suppressed minority. Now the minority are those left clinging to the lies.

My idea was to build Liverpool into a bastion of invincibility. Napoleon had that idea. He wanted to conquer the bloody world.

Online Gods_Left_Boot

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #19 on: March 13, 2017, 03:10:49 pm »
Momo terminated his contract with the club, with just one sub appearance to his name, after a row with the new manager over playing time. 

Offline zabadoh

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #20 on: March 13, 2017, 09:19:42 pm »
According to goal.com Momo refused to be named as a substitute.

http://m.goal.com/s/en/news/723/serie-a/2017/03/13/33595362/serie-b-side-ternana-terminate-ex-liverpool-star-sissokos

Sent from my SM-G550T using Tapatalk

Offline zabadoh

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan

Offline zabadoh

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #22 on: October 6, 2019, 05:19:53 pm »
Currently unsigned after leaving Ligue 2 side FC Sochaux-Montbeliard in the summer.

He and his kids still sing "Best Midfield In The World"

https://www.liverpoolfc.com/news/first-team/363947-momo-sissoko-interview-liverpool-support-makes-me-emotional

Offline Hazell

• Ultimate Movie Night Draft Winner 2017. King - or Queen - of Mystery. Hyzenthlay. The 5th Benitle's sex conch.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #23 on: October 6, 2019, 05:28:31 pm »
Currently unsigned after leaving Ligue 2 side FC Sochaux-Montbeliard in the summer.

https://www.liverpoolfc.com/news/first-team/363947-momo-sissoko-interview-liverpool-support-makes-me-emotional

Thanks for posting that, love that, he seemed genuinely choked. Rightly remembered as a fine player too, just a shame he had that injury, what could have been.
We have to change from doubter to believer. Now.

Offline Keith Lard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #24 on: October 7, 2019, 09:36:06 pm »

Thanks for posting that bud - he was really choked you could tell. Seemed to be at the point of tears. He was such a good player for us. I always remember my Dad calling him the Octopus, because he seems like he had 8 legs when trying to win back the ball ;D Would be great to see him back at Anfield one day to play a legends match or in the stands for a big European game
Pour yourself a drink and enjoy watching a genius in red - John Barnes || https://youtu.be/XEJfzUSH4e4

Offline planet-terror

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #25 on: October 9, 2019, 09:32:32 am »
class
bollocks

Offline clinical

• incision required - a bad case of an urgent rawkectomy? "And of course I've got this terrible pain in all the diodes down my left side."
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #26 on: October 9, 2019, 09:34:11 am »
He was never the same after that eye injury. Before that though he was becoming a top top player.
Thank Fowler we're not getting Caulker

Offline zabadoh

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #27 on: October 9, 2019, 05:39:35 pm »
...Would be great to see him back at Anfield one day to play a legends match or in the stands for a big European game

"Liverpool Legend" is a fantastic gig for retired players.  I'd love to see Momo come back as a Legend too.

Offline sinnermichael

• I copy other people's photoshops and twitter posts and texts and pretend they're mine.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #28 on: January 14, 2020, 12:37:44 pm »
Officially announced his retirement.

Offline Hendollama

• Baldanovski stan. Injustice can be committed only by persons who cannot be touched, only by persons who have power and authority.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #29 on: January 14, 2020, 01:12:40 pm »
<a href="https://youtube.com/v/oNarXalAlgg" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://youtube.com/v/oNarXalAlgg</a>
Happy is the man who avoids hardship, but how fine is the man who is afflicted and shows endurance.

Offline scouse neapolitan

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #30 on: January 14, 2020, 01:20:28 pm »
Was at the Benfica game when he got his eye injury. Agree that things  changed from that moment on. How I would love to hear that song one more time, " We "had " the best midfield in the world. We had Momo Sissoko,........................... etc!!!"

Online jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"
« Reply #31 on: January 14, 2020, 01:21:22 pm »
All the best Momo.
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"

Offline fredfrop

• 19*
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #32 on: January 19, 2020, 07:32:39 am »
Momo is boss.

Offline Keith Lard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #33 on: January 22, 2020, 04:10:55 pm »
My Dad called him "The Octopus" when he played for us ;D Thought that was the perfect description ... when he came in for the tackle, he had this way of engulfing the rival player almost like he had 8 legs!!

Offline barbudo

• No new LFC topics
  • Kopite
« Reply #34 on: January 26, 2020, 02:52:17 am »
My Dad called him "The Octopus" when he played for us ;D Thought that was the perfect description ... when he came in for the tackle, he had this way of engulfing the rival player almost like he had 8 legs!!

But when he'd tackled the player, he'd look down, and wonder why there was a ball on the pitch. He was completely clueless in possession.
Bethink ye, bethink ye ... that ye might be mistaken! (Oliver Cromwell)

Offline Keith Lard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #35 on: January 26, 2020, 03:32:21 am »
But when he'd tackled the player, he'd look down, and wonder why there was a ball on the pitch. He was completely clueless in possession.

He may have not been Alonso on the ball, but he was a good player and could pass it about fine. Hit up YouTube and watch some of his highlights. No need to be negative about a lad that served us really well, suffered a terrible injury playing for us, and gave us some great moments to enjoy as part of an outstanding midfield.

Online ScouserAtHeart

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pissing Manc "fans" off since 1999.
"Jürgen Klopp is bringing Liverpool's 'fuck you' back. And I can't wait."

Offline oojason

• The Official RAWK Audio Visual God. Founder Member of the Ricky Gervais' 'David Brad Fan Club'.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The Awkward Squad
« Reply #37 on: July 23, 2020, 12:18:38 pm »

https://twitter.com/TheAnfieldWrap/status/1283061189782765571

'It's been 15 years since Liverpool signed Momo Sissoko. Here he is getting emotional after hearing Liverpool fans eulogising about his time at Anfield' (with 1 minute video)

^ Still love that guy - and he obviously still loves us.
Some 'Useful Info' for following the football + TV, Streams, Highlights & Replays etc - www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=345769

A mini-index of RAWK's 'Liverpool Audio / Video Thread' content over the years; & more - www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=345769.msg17787576#msg17787576

Offline afc tukrish

• How long for them sausages? Maggie May's Mythical Turkish Delight. RAWK's Expert Sausage Monster! Oakley Cannonier is fucking boss. Likes blowing his friends and undoing their nuts? Who nose?!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • This looks like a nice spot...
    • Flat Back Four
« Reply #38 on: July 23, 2020, 01:53:48 pm »
https://twitter.com/TheAnfieldWrap/status/1283061189782765571

'It's been 15 years since Liverpool signed Momo Sissoko. Here he is getting emotional after hearing Liverpool fans eulogising about his time at Anfield' (with 1 minute video)

^ Still love that guy - and he obviously still loves us.

100%, loved Momo when he single-handedly destroyed opposition midfields...
Since haste quite Schorsch, but Liverpool are genuine fight pigs...