Author Topic: Typhoid Trump: the not-smart, corrupt, coward, loser, thread  (Read 4549750 times)

Offline stoa

• way. Daydream. Quite partial to a good plonking.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Five+One Times, Baby...
Re: The Malevolent Orange Ball of Gas. Squirrel!
« Reply #25240 on: April 24, 2017, 11:15:45 pm »
AP did a one on one interview in the Oval Office with Trump. It's, erm, yeah.

https://apnews.com/c810d7de280a47e88848b0ac74690c83

How you manage to be unintelligible that many times in a normal conversation is amazing. Another thing is just how all over the place he is. It's hardly news at this stage, but...

It's because he has no clue what he's talking about. He lives in his own reality. He likes talking about all the stuff that is hard to check like having a great relationship with Merkel. She's not going to say "Well, he's a massive twat." Same goes for a lot of the other stuff like with Lockheed. They're not going to risk losing a government contract by going against the President. Whenever it is about policy or what he's going to do he starts mumbling about how great it will be, but there is very little substance, because he has no clue. So, he won't say "I will change xy or do abc". He just goes with some generic phrases mixed with inaudible mumbling...

Offline jambutty

• The Gok Wan of RAWK. Tripespotting Advocate. Oakley style guru. Hardman St. arl arse, "Ridiculously cool" -Atko- Impending U.S. Civil War Ostrich. Too old to suffer wankers and WUMs on here.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • June 20, 2009. Still no justice for Neda
« Reply #25241 on: April 25, 2017, 03:12:27 am »
I think he's on drugs.
Kill the humourless

Offline hide5seek

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all live in THE 5 EUROPEAN CUPS
« Reply #25242 on: April 25, 2017, 08:40:52 am »
I think he's on drugs.
Or should be?

Online Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #25243 on: April 25, 2017, 04:44:58 pm »
I don't always visit Lobster Pot.  But when I do. I sit.

Popcorn's Art

Offline Jiminy Cricket

• Batshit fucker and Chief Yuletide Porcine Voyeur
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #25244 on: April 25, 2017, 08:14:16 pm »
Na. I don't think he's on those kind of drugs. If he was, they probably would not have any positive effect anyway.  Trump is a narcissist, par excellence.

Probably everyone here is already familiar with this stuff. But on the offhand:

http://thehill.com/blogs/blog-briefing-room/news/319838-doctor-who-defined-narcissistic-personality-disorder-calling

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/politics/shrinks-break-silence-president-trump-exhibits-traits-m-article-1.2957688

I'm not convinced that there is no mental health issue with Trump. I wonder if he might be on the autism spectrum (he has no instinctive understanding of social norms and how to interact appropriately with people, humourless, and lack of empathy). But in the final analysis, it makes no difference. He's clearly unfit for the job.
would rather have a wank wearing a barb wire glove
If you're chasing thrills, try a bit of auto-asphyxiation with a poppers-soaked orange in your gob.

Online Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #25245 on: April 25, 2017, 08:28:27 pm »
I am no psychologist, but as somebody who suffers from mental illness and knows many other people who also have problems, I am 90% certain that Trump has some kind of disorder.  The only question is exactly what.

The alternative is that the man is just a complete bastard, which isn't much of an improvement.

Popcorn's Art

Offline Jiminy Cricket

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #25246 on: April 25, 2017, 09:07:38 pm »
I am no psychologist, but as somebody who suffers from mental illness and knows many other people who also have problems, I am 90% certain that Trump has some kind of disorder.  The only question is exactly what.

The alternative is that the man is just a complete bastard, which isn't much of an improvement.

I'm no psychologist either. But I don't think it is a 'mood disorder'. Whatever it is, I think it is more hardwired and probably untreatable.
If you're chasing thrills, try a bit of auto-asphyxiation with a poppers-soaked orange in your gob.

Online Red Beret

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #25247 on: April 25, 2017, 09:18:25 pm »
I'm no psychologist either. But I don't think it is a 'mood disorder'. Whatever it is, I think it is more hardwired and probably untreatable.

When I say "disorder" I just mean a mental health problem in general, rather than anything specific.  If I was going to hang my hat on a couple of options I might describe him as having sociopathic tendencies, possible dyslexia (maybe even mild dyspraxia - he's scared of stairs, right?).  He could well be on the Autistic spectrum, perhaps on the cusp of Aspergers and full Autism.

Clues might be found in family history - like with his own parents and his own kids, and whether there is any behaviour there that might be labelled as abnormal.

On the political side, the GOP must be going nuts.  Trump constantly sticking his oar in is making it impossible for them to get anything done or reach any kind of consensus or compromise.  Right now, they're probably more keen than the Democrats on getting shut of him, but they've kind of boxed themselves in on that one.  They must be praying the Russian investigation turns something up!

Popcorn's Art

Offline Jiminy Cricket

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #25248 on: April 25, 2017, 09:29:34 pm »
When I say "disorder" I just mean a mental health problem in general, rather than anything specific.  If I was going to hang my hat on a couple of options I might describe him as having sociopathic tendencies, possible dyslexia (maybe even mild dyspraxia - he's scared of stairs, right?).  He could well be on the Autistic spectrum, perhaps on the cusp of Aspergers and full Autism.

Clues might be found in family history - like with his own parents and his own kids, and whether there is any behaviour there that might be labelled as abnormal.

On the political side, the GOP must be going nuts.  Trump constantly sticking his oar in is making it impossible for them to get anything done or reach any kind of consensus or compromise.  Right now, they're probably more keen than the Democrats on getting shut of him, but they've kind of boxed themselves in on that one.  They must be praying the Russian investigation turns something up!

You'd think! Except they are doing everything they can to prevent this. The Senate investigation is now in serious trouble too (the House investigation was already at standstill).

Offline TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
« Reply #25249 on: April 25, 2017, 09:49:07 pm »
Congress are suggesting that the wall could be built using the $14bn seized from El Chappo the notorious drug lord.

The irony of paying for a wall using money confiscated from a man who spent his time tunnelling under useless border walls.
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline Corkboy

• Sworn enemy of Bottlegirl. The Boston Toilet Mangler. Grauniad of the Cidatel. Into kinky S&M with the Lash.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Is it getting better?
« Reply #25250 on: April 25, 2017, 09:55:37 pm »
The main problem with assigning a mental disorder is that it usually involves some sort of damaging effect on the person or those around him. This c*nt is President of the US which, you have to admit, is something of a success story. Before that, he was broadly speaking a success, although he likely wouldn't have bar his rich background. It's hard to make a case for someone to be removed from their job for being nuts when they were elected by the people, in their "wisdom".

Anyway, my guess is that he's a c*nt for the same reason most people are c*nts, which is that he got very little genuine love and affection, or indeed limits and boundaries, growing up and his wealth allowed that to continue all the way through his adult life.

He could well be on the Autistic spectrum, perhaps on the cusp of Aspergers and full Autism.

Wouldn't think so. AS folk generally don't like lying, or selling, or have a need for adulation. He really doesn't fit that diagnosis.
« Last Edit: April 25, 2017, 09:57:46 pm by Corkboy »

Offline jambutty

• The Gok Wan of RAWK. Tripespotting Advocate. Oakley style guru. Hardman St. arl arse, "Ridiculously cool" -Atko- Impending U.S. Civil War Ostrich. Too old to suffer wankers and WUMs on here.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • June 20, 2009. Still no justice for Neda
« Reply #25251 on: April 25, 2017, 10:29:51 pm »
His Largeness has invited all 100 senators to an intelligence briefing at the WH tomorrow.

It'll probably be the largest gathering of Senators in one place.

Ever.

Kill the humourless

Offline stoa

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #25252 on: April 25, 2017, 10:33:24 pm »
To be honest, I don't think it really matters what disorder he might have or not. What is clear is that there are at least two issues with him. Firstly, he just isn't well-educated and he has absolutely no desire to change that. He knows nothing about the world and how things work. I'm not saying that he's a dumb idiot, but he certainly isn't someone of great intellect. He simply never in his life needed to know how the world works. He needed to know how to build buildings and more importantly how to sell his name. As has been pointed out again and again by various people in this thread: he's a great salesman. To be that, you don't need to know about history, politics or science. You need to know what to say to get people on your side. You need to know what to say to make stuff sound great. That's why whenever he talks about what he's doing as president, everything is tremendous, great, terrific, the best or whatever. Whenever it is about actual decisions or steps he might take to achieve one of his goals, he goes with the same buzz words or simple stuff like the border tax, which makes sense as a meassure to keep companies in your country, but isn't so simple when you look closer.

The second issue he has is that he is acting like this big successful business man, but in the end he's simply completely insecure. That's why he keeps on reminding people that he won the election. That's why he keeps on saying how well he has done so far. And it's why he cannot even admit the smallest mistake. In his last White House Correspondent's Dinner Obama had that video where he was making fun of himself and how he basically went from looking like a young man in 2008/09 to looking like his own grandpa in 2016 while Michelle didn't age a day. Could you imagine Trump doing anything like that? No way would he do that, because he's insecure. He has to remind himself of how great he is every day.

For me, those are the two main issues with Trump and those are the issues that make him an absolutely awful president/politican...

Offline TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
« Reply #25253 on: April 25, 2017, 11:11:58 pm »
Trump signing his latest executive order: “There’s a lot of words. I won’t bother reading everything.”
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline mallin9

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #25254 on: April 26, 2017, 01:29:54 am »
His Largeness has invited all 100 senators to an intelligence briefing at the WH tomorrow.

It'll probably be the largest gathering of Senators in one place.

Ever.

Why did reading this make me feel uneasy?  Is it Miller, Bannon, Gorka being there?  Maybe I just watched too many movies during the 90s....it's too easy to imagine a barefoot Bruce Willis hauling Adam Schiff across the flaming WH lawn while cracking wise.

Posters a few back talking about republicans wanting the Russian investigation sped up.....

No.

They're doing everything up to and including obstructing justice cough devin clownshoe nunes cough.  The words INDEPENDENT INVESTIGATION are such a rallying cry for logical people because the GOP has done its utmost to impair investigations through the proper channels. Google Justin chaffetz russian oversight and Paul Ryan Russia quotes.

The GOP are taking dollars hand over fist to railroad through terrible short-termist thinking legislation. A long winded way of saying they're fucking stupid and people are aware it's going on.......but the dumpster fire that is the trump presidency burns so so so so brightly, the car crash that has drivers rubbernecking. 

Whether right or wrong Clinton was bashed with some form of "she takes money!"  With Russia laying her laundry absolutely out.......it was awkward, but it was nothing absolutely nothing compared to the current administrations day to day larceny. Wilbur Ross, Jeff Sessions, the list is just too fucking depressing.

YNWA
« Last Edit: April 26, 2017, 01:33:18 am by mallin9 »
You'll Never Walk Alone

Online Red Beret

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #25255 on: April 26, 2017, 08:55:37 am »
You'd think! Except they are doing everything they can to prevent this. The Senate investigation is now in serious trouble too (the House investigation was already at standstill).

Ah, I didn't know that.

If I were to guess, I'd say it's a case of self preservation.  Removing a President so early would make them look ridiculous in the eyes of voters, and probably enrage their hard core right.  The are probably hoping to hang onto him until September; in the meantime the plan will be to just try and keep things ticking over bide their time, and stop Trump putting his oar in.

In other news, a judge in San Francisco blocked Trump's EO on denying federal funding to sanctuary cities.

Popcorn's Art

Online Red Beret

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #25256 on: April 26, 2017, 09:10:48 am »

Wouldn't think so. AS folk generally don't like lying, or selling, or have a need for adulation. He really doesn't fit that diagnosis.

Good point.  I'm on the spectrum myself and not only do I hate lying, I'm also pretty shitty at it.  However I wasn't born with a golden pacifier up my arse either.  Who knows what kind of permutations Trump's upbringing could inflict upon somebody on the spectrum? 

His constant use of phrases like "It's gonna be great/spectacular/bestest ever etc" suggests either a very limited intellect (whether through an inherent lack of ability or just not needing to give a fuck) or the need to default/retreat into some kind of safe space; given he is so out of his element and besieged on all sides by hostile criticism that he can neither completely dismiss, stop or hide from everybody, it would make sense he would be resorting to default behaviour quite a bit.  A lot more than in his Presidential campaign or his business ventures for example.

In my opinion he comes across as a narcissistic, bullying, abusive, domineering control freak.  Most bullies don't often overreach themselves.  They keep to a small group, or just one or two people at a time that they systematically break down and crush.  But with Trump?  A man with riches, power, influence?  A man totally unused to taking no for an answer or even being questioned, much less openly challenged?  The ego of a man like that can quickly learn to believe he has no limits, so it's not unreasonable to envisage a bully becoming a President.  But once there the fun stops because he no longer has control; he can't bully and browbeat and intimidate leaders of nation states as easily as he can his own family and closest advisers.   

So yeah, a form of autistic disorder is less likely than him just being a bastard, born and raised by a bastard, with with all the inherent social, mental and emotional baggage that implies.

Popcorn's Art

Online Ray K

• Loves a shiny helmet. The new IndyKalia.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Truthiness
« Reply #25257 on: April 26, 2017, 10:41:15 am »

He had a fucking red button installed on the Resolute desk so a butler could bring him a coke.

Well done America, you elected Richie Rich as president.
"We have to change from doubters to believers"

Twitter: @rjkelly75

Offline Banquo's Ghost

• Macbeth's on repeat. To boldly split infinitives that lesser men would dare. To.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #25258 on: April 26, 2017, 10:51:03 am »

He had a fucking red button installed on the Resolute desk so a butler could bring him a coke.

Well done America, you elected Richie Rich as president.

Let's hope it's not right next to, you know, THE red button.
Be humble, for you are made of earth. Be noble, for you are made of stars.

Offline redtel

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Sir Roger-Scored first goal ever on MOTD.
« Reply #25259 on: April 26, 2017, 10:52:56 am »

I think they have that one covered with the anti child lock device where you match up the arrows etc.
We are definitely believers and we’ve won the fucking lot!

Offline stara

• ra-boom-de-ay. RAWK's very own Dicktionary Corner.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #25260 on: April 26, 2017, 10:59:39 am »

Removed and placed to Bannon's desk. Without actual wiring, I hope ;-)
50+1. Real FFP rules. Now.

Offline Trada

• Fully paid up member of the JC cult. Ex-Tory boy. Corbyn's Chief Hagiographer. Sometimes hasn't got a kloop.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Trada
« Reply #25261 on: April 26, 2017, 06:47:42 pm »
He wants to do huge tax changes.

Just being announced.
Don't blame me I voted for Jeremy Corbyn!!

Miss you Tracy more and more every day xxx

“I carry them with me: what they would have thought and said and done. Make them a part of who I am. So even though they’re gone from the world they’re never gone from me.

Offline Trada

• Fully paid up member of the JC cult. Ex-Tory boy. Corbyn's Chief Hagiographer. Sometimes hasn't got a kloop.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Trada
« Reply #25262 on: April 26, 2017, 06:51:31 pm »
People are saying its seems like he just rushed out a outline of what he wants to do before the 100 days.

« Last Edit: April 26, 2017, 07:06:18 pm by Trada »

“I carry them with me: what they would have thought and said and done. Make them a part of who I am. So even though they’re gone from the world they’re never gone from me.

Offline Giono

• Legacy Fan
  • And stop calling me Shirley
« Reply #25263 on: April 26, 2017, 08:57:06 pm »
That isn't a plan. It's a wishlist off the top of any business person's head.
"I am a great believer in luck and the harder I work the more of it I have." Stephen Leacock

Offline Chakan

• Chaka Chaka.....is in love with Aristotle but only for votes. The proud owner of some very private piles and an inflatable harem! Winner of RAWK's Carabao Cup captian contest.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Internet Terrorist lvl VI
« Reply #25264 on: April 26, 2017, 08:58:02 pm »
Reads like a book report from someone who didn't read the book and had to do it at the last minute.

Offline stoa

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #25265 on: April 26, 2017, 09:07:48 pm »
That isn't a plan. It's a wishlist off the top of any business person's head.

That's how he ran his whole campaign. He puts out what he wants it to be, but fails to say how it should be achieved. He wanted health care for everyone at a cheaper cost with better coverage without the government getting too involved or paying more and without "forcing" healthy people to buy insurance. That's like asking for hot ice cream (not in the sense of spicy...).

Offline thelinnen

• Tepid Water Lite. Serial Moaner
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #25266 on: April 26, 2017, 11:35:53 pm »
That Panorama episode is well worth a watch.

One thing I will say about him, he's a contrarian. Whatever happens under his leadership will yearn a different result from the norm.

North Korea needs action whether we like it or not, that crackpot will threaten the US once the have ICBMs capable of delivering a nuclear payload.
« Last Edit: April 26, 2017, 11:50:19 pm by thelinnen »
Then in the midddle out pops a smiling glen johnson pulling up his jersey to reveal a t-shirt of suarez with a text saying. "OUR SUAREZ IS A FRIEND TO ALL COLOURS!"

Online Ray K

• Loves a shiny helmet. The new IndyKalia.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Truthiness
« Reply #25267 on: April 27, 2017, 05:31:13 pm »
@cmaconthehill

Trudeau says Trump was ready to pull out of NAFTA but Trudeau pointed out economic consequences & they agreed to sit down and renegotiate.

That might be the least surprising thing I've read about him.  If you can get him to shut up and listen for 5 minutes you'd get him to do a 180 on anything.
"We have to change from doubters to believers"

Twitter: @rjkelly75

Online KillieRed

• Jaro a.k.a. goatjumpingqueuefucker
  • Legacy Fan
  • Nemo me impune lacessit.
« Reply #25268 on: April 27, 2017, 06:42:29 pm »
He's not a  good man, he's not an honest man, he's not an intelligent man, he's not a wise man. What's the point of having Donald Trump as your  leader?

Just an awful human being whose con job some people  have  fallen  for.
The best way to scare a Tory is to read and get rich” - Idles.

Online Red Beret

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #25269 on: April 27, 2017, 07:01:50 pm »
@cmaconthehill

Trudeau says Trump was ready to pull out of NAFTA but Trudeau pointed out economic consequences & they agreed to sit down and renegotiate.

That might be the least surprising thing I've read about him.  If you can get him to shut up and listen for 5 minutes you'd get him to do a 180 on anything.

I dunno.  I still remember him asking that military guy three times why they couldn't just use nukes...

Popcorn's Art

Offline Brissyred

• RAWK's Great Uncle Google......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #25270 on: April 27, 2017, 10:03:29 pm »
And yet another fuckin tantrum.
Trump says he may break up 9th Circuit Court after rulings go against him
http://thehill.com/blogs/blog-briefing-room/330757-trump-says-hes-absolutely-considering-breaking-up-court-that-blocked

Offline Buggy Eyes Alfredo

• Legacy Fan
  • ¤Ginger◇Drapes¤
« Reply #25271 on: April 27, 2017, 10:52:25 pm »

Trump:

"Absolutely, I have, there are many people that want to break up the 9th Circuit. It's outrageous."

"Everybody immediately runs to the 9th Circuit. And we have a big country. We have lots of other locations. But they immediately run to the 9th Circuit. Because they know that's like, semi-automatic."

"The language could not be any clearer. I mean, the language on the ban, it reads so easy that a reasonably good student in the first grade will fully understand it. And they don't even mention the words in their rejection on the ban."

"And the same thing with this [sanctuary city decision]. I mean, when you have people that are being enabled to commit crime. And in San Francisco, when you look at Kate Steinle being shot and here is the court, you know, right in that same general area. And when you look at a Kate Steinle, when you look at so many other things."

"Sanctuary cities have been very, very dangerous, very, very bad. And, you know, we've done a great job on law enforcement, we've done a great job at the border, and all of our most talented people say sanctuary cities are a disaster."

"You see judge shopping, or what's gone on with these people, they immediately run to the 9th Circuit, it's got close to an 80 percent reversal period, and what's going on in the 9th Circuit is a shame."

Offline stoa

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #25272 on: April 27, 2017, 11:49:42 pm »
So what he's saying is that he has no clue what's in the immigration ban? I knew it...

Offline Chakan

• Chaka Chaka.....is in love with Aristotle but only for votes. The proud owner of some very private piles and an inflatable harem! Winner of RAWK's Carabao Cup captian contest.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Internet Terrorist lvl VI
« Reply #25273 on: April 27, 2017, 11:58:25 pm »
So he wants a system that upholds his craziness, it's almost like he doesn't want the checks and balances in place. Very odd indeed ;)

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #25274 on: April 28, 2017, 01:23:51 am »
Stephen Gorka was on Daily Politics talking about North Korea, China and Russia. One thing was obvious was that he is far, far less smug then he was not long after Trump was elected. Talking about being against Russia in Syria, working with China etc. are clearly things that this and his fellow lunatics didnt want to be engaging in.

Looks like Mattis, McMaster and the domestic team has kind of sidelined them.

Offline rafathegaffa83

• Legacy Fan
  • Dutch Class
« Reply #25275 on: April 28, 2017, 01:25:51 am »
@cmaconthehill

A lot of Canadians were truly pissed off by Trump's NAFTA comments given how Canada is the number one trade partner for 35 states. The auto industry and farming would be significantly impacted by his original plan to withdraw from NAFTA. The fact, Canada's trade deal with the EU begins in the summer, many Canadians might start looking elsewhere to spend some of their money.

Offline GreatEx

• pectations. might be a cunt but isn't a capitalist cunt. Blissfully ignorant.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #25276 on: April 28, 2017, 03:43:56 am »
Trump needs to be careful referring to the 9th Circuit as "semi-automatic" - his acolytes might start supporting it.

Offline 12C

• aka 54F
  • Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • “The Ribbons are Red”
« Reply #25277 on: April 28, 2017, 04:32:12 am »
So he wants a system that upholds his craziness, it's almost like he doesn't want the checks and balances in place. Very odd indeed ;)
He is a global businessman, global businessmen don't like to be stopped from doing what they want, when they want.
Why do you think the likes of Banks wants out of Europe, it is nothing to do with immigration or trade deals, it is to do with legislation that stops him doing what he wants (go on about straight bananas and call it red tape to fool the sheep).
We already seeing the row back on immigration, as the farming and hospitality industries are now telling us that they cannot function without immigrant labour.
Why did our merchant fleet all shift flags to the likes of Panama -because of legislation, and the lack of it in such places, which allowed cheap unskilled labour to be brought in from countries who weren't bothered about health and safety.
Why do places like Gib, the Virgin Islands and even the Isle of Man, thrive -because they allow you to screw tax systems and laws if you have the readies to hide, eh Mr. Cameron.
Trump is a businessman who resents laws and regulations, and is doing his best to roll them back for his buddies at Mar A Largo, EPA is a point in case. Why worry about the environment, if seal level floods Florida, just move to a golf club on higher land.
What should worry the American people, are his business connections to China and Russia, and the influence they have with 'his people '. He sees what Putin can do and wonders why he can't do the same.
Scary

"I want to build a team that's invincible, so that they have to send a team from bloody Mars to beat us."

Offline Giono

• Legacy Fan
  • And stop calling me Shirley
« Reply #25278 on: April 28, 2017, 05:09:13 am »
A lot of Canadians were truly pissed off by Trump's NAFTA comments given how Canada is the number one trade partner for 35 states. The auto industry and farming would be significantly impacted by his original plan to withdraw from NAFTA. The fact, Canada's trade deal with the EU begins in the summer, many Canadians might start looking elsewhere to spend some of their money.

It was, like so much of what he does, irresponsibly ignorant and short-sighted.
"I am a great believer in luck and the harder I work the more of it I have." Stephen Leacock

Offline Trada

• Legacy Fan
  • Trada
« Reply #25279 on: April 28, 2017, 08:15:52 am »
House GOP backs down from a last-minute push to vote on health-care bill