Author Topic: Suso  (Read 85966 times)

Offline Ken-Obi

• Hasn't got Wan, doesn't deserve Wan
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: isn't going to get one of these either
Re: Suso
« Reply #80 on: April 7, 2016, 04:58:28 am »
I really don't know why Suso not making it here (and not really impressing when on loan anywhere) brings the academy into question at all.
Because players tend to get overrated in this place.
Someone should do the right thing - go back in time to 1992 and destroy the codes to Championship Manager before it is ever released

Offline C

• ock. Skinny bastard attempting to give himself a brekkie heart attack. Miserable, Unless we win of course.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #81 on: April 7, 2016, 06:44:19 am »
He's played very well each time I seen him for Genoa,  which is a hand ful of times..

People still underrate Cristiano Ronaldo.

Offline Severely

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We go again
« Reply #82 on: April 7, 2016, 11:13:23 am »
Getting away from the academy debate, that was stunning. All three goals are of remarkable quality. I think a lot of people suspected that the pace of the Italian game would suit Suso and it seems to be the case.
HERE LIES JOSE MOURINHO

THE BALL WAS OVER THE LINE

R.I.P.

Online rowan_d

• boat. Señor Paolo de Souza-Farquharson :)
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #83 on: May 8, 2016, 04:05:49 pm »
Another brace against Sampdoria today I think

Hope he gets away from Milan, trying to impress there sounds like a nightmare

Offline kcbworth

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #84 on: May 9, 2016, 04:48:41 am »
Another brace against Sampdoria today I think

Hope he gets away from Milan, trying to impress there sounds like a nightmare

http://forzaitalianfootball.com/2016/05/sampdoria-0-3-genoa-suso-double-gives-rossoblu-bragging-rights-in-derby/

Offline jooneyisdagod

• Doesn't like having pussy round the house
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #85 on: May 9, 2016, 05:16:47 am »
6 in 16 starts for Genoa now. That's a pretty good record all things considered.
Quote from: Dion Fanning

The chants for Kenny Dalglish that were heard again on Wednesday do not necessarily mean that the fans see him as the saviour. This is not Newcastle, longing for the return of Kevin Keegan. Simply, Dalglish represents everything Hodgson is not and, in fairness, everything Hodgson could or would not hope to be.

Offline Dubred

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #86 on: May 9, 2016, 01:27:31 pm »
6 in 16 starts for Genoa now. That's a pretty good record all things considered.

Has there ever been any doubt about the lads ability?

Not for me personally.

Hopefully he's at a club now where he can settle for a while and get the support and opportunity he needs to learn.

Sounds like he is.

Really delighted for him.

Offline Redcap

• Legacy Fan
  • You wrote a bad song Petey!
« Reply #87 on: May 12, 2016, 08:32:25 am »
Interestingly, WhoScored says he's been playing as a centre forward for Genoa. Can anyone confirm?

Offline kcbworth

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #88 on: May 13, 2016, 06:36:49 am »
Interestingly, WhoScored says he's been playing as a centre forward for Genoa. Can anyone confirm?

Maybe out wide in a 3 but unlikely a CF

Offline Fromola

• For the love of god please shut the fuck up. Lomola... “The sky is falling and I’m off to tell the King!...” Places stock in the wrong opinions. Miserable F*cker! Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season
  • Legacy Fan
  • Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to
« Reply #89 on: May 14, 2016, 02:12:25 pm »

Still think the sale could come back on us. Either he'll make it at Milan or he'll be sold on for a decent fee.

He's proven he's a good player in Serie A and La Liga (for mid-table teams) and he proved he's a good impact player in the Premier League as a teenager.

Not bad for a player who's 22 and not realised his potential yet and made a bad career choice going to Milan
« Last Edit: May 14, 2016, 02:14:27 pm by Bitter Mug »
Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season

Offline b_joseph

• b_jesus, b_mary, b_joseph and the wee b_donkey. Unloyal gloryhunter who was probably Kelly Osbourne in another life.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #90 on: May 14, 2016, 02:17:50 pm »
Still think the sale could come back on us. Either he'll make it at Milan or he'll be sold on for a decent fee.

He's proven he's a good player in Serie A and La Liga (for mid-table teams) and he proved he's a good impact player in the Premier League as a teenager.

Not bad for a player who's 22 and not realised his potential yet.
It's hard to think of how he could fit in. He isn't the Firmino/Lallana type off the ball but then he isn't as good as Coutinho. I guess he could have been a good squad option but it's probably best for him to be a professional first teamer and not an extended u21 player. To sink or swim.

I wanted to keep him but feels like both parties are in a good place now.

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
« Reply #91 on: May 14, 2016, 03:45:17 pm »

Not bad for a player who's 22 and not realised his potential yet and made a bad career choice going to Milan

:o

Impact is about the last word I'd use for his performances with us
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline Fromola

• For the love of god please shut the fuck up. Lomola... “The sky is falling and I’m off to tell the King!...” Places stock in the wrong opinions. Miserable F*cker! Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #92 on: May 15, 2016, 10:21:56 am »
:o

Impact is about the last word I'd use for his performances with us

Man United at home?

He was a real impact sub. Less so from the start. Rodgers kept starting him and taking him off at half time (or after 20 minutes) rather than bringing him on off the bench where he'd proved he could impact games.

Offline U13

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #93 on: August 27, 2016, 07:39:20 pm »
Watched him last week as part of a front three with Bacca and Niang against Torino, he was very good and seems to have a very good understanding with Bacca especially.

Retains his place to start against Napoli tonight.

Offline LFC when it suits

• Not got a fucking clue. Life is well, a bit of a long time. And that unconditional support thing can be a bit of a drag. Something better may come along. circumscribed
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #94 on: August 27, 2016, 09:07:35 pm »
Just scored for Milan against Napoli to make it 2-2 from 2-0 down.

Offline Lastrador

• Legacy Fan
  • Not Italian
« Reply #95 on: August 27, 2016, 09:08:06 pm »
A fucking cracking goal too.

Offline U13

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #96 on: August 27, 2016, 09:18:34 pm »

Offline Fromola

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #97 on: August 27, 2016, 11:25:13 pm »
We were always going to regret letting him go. He'll be a star for them now he's finally getting a chance.

Offline pyroparty

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #98 on: August 27, 2016, 11:34:40 pm »
We were always going to regret letting him go. He'll be a star for them now he's finally getting a chance.

Haha! You say this about everyone whenever they have a good game, though I notice you're quiet on Rossiter this week after his hopeless performance on Friday! What one of Mane or Coutinho would he play instead of?

Offline deFacto please, you bastards

• Apologies if I haven't responded to every post in every thread yet, I'm trying hard. farKnow.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #99 on: August 28, 2016, 03:18:57 am »

Regret letting him go? He's amounted to nothing. He's playing for an average Milan side.

Offline Clayton Bigsby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #100 on: August 28, 2016, 09:47:14 am »
hope we have sell on clause

Offline Binomial

• Anny Roader
  • Live Breath and Sleep LFC
« Reply #101 on: August 28, 2016, 01:38:29 pm »
Saw the Napoli Milan game last night, he was arguably their best player....

Unfortunately I don't think he'll be good enough to come back here but he will have a very good career nonetheless.
"He's leaving because he's Guardiola's favourite. If it's anyone's fault, it's mine. I can't make myself shorter and learn Spanish." - Klopp on Gotze to Bayern

Offline LFC when it suits

• Not got a fucking clue. Life is well, a bit of a long time. And that unconditional support thing can be a bit of a drag. Something better may come along. circumscribed
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #102 on: August 28, 2016, 05:30:09 pm »
Regret letting him go? He's amounted to nothing. He's playing for an average Milan side.

He took a sideways step. Milan are pretty much the equivalent of Liverpool right now, only with a more successful history.

Offline kcbworth

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #103 on: August 29, 2016, 05:13:33 pm »

Offline kcbworth

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #104 on: September 2, 2016, 11:23:40 am »
Turns out he had a great game:

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/ac-milan-player-ratings-suso-081401997.html
"a fine performance from Suso"

http://www.italianfootballdaily.com/matchday-2-milan-player-ratings-v-napoli/
"The Spaniard put in a very good performance this evening. Arguably scoring one of the goals of the season, his tireless running helped Milan get up the pitch and his movement with the ball is a joy to watch."

Offline SquirrelandGman

• 24 Hour Party People Plastic Face Carnt Smile (White Out)
  • Legacy Fan
  • Shagging a sheep somewhere.
« Reply #105 on: September 6, 2016, 09:50:52 am »
His goal
https://twitter.com/TransfersCalcio/status/769627058209193984

Man the amount of players we've let go still bothers me. Suso scored against Reina. Nobody stays at a club longer than 3-4 seasons anymore I guess.

Offline SquirrelandGman

• 24 Hour Party People Plastic Face Carnt Smile (White Out)
  • Legacy Fan
  • Shagging a sheep somewhere.
« Reply #106 on: September 6, 2016, 09:53:19 am »
Man United at home?

He was a real impact sub. Less so from the start. Rodgers kept starting him and taking him off at half time (or after 20 minutes) rather than bringing him on off the bench where he'd proved he could impact games.

Speaking of which anyone has the link for the highlights video of that match? I remembered watching it and the song played in that video was amazing. It was a guitar riff starting out and think it was a British band too.

Offline kcbworth

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #107 on: September 15, 2016, 11:20:57 am »
Suso set to play leading role in Vincenzo Montella's AC Milan
http://www.espnfc.com/club/ac-milan/103/blog/post/2945571/suso-set-to-play-leading-role-in-vincenzo-montellas-ac-milan

One of the more consistent aspects of Vincenzo Montella's reign at AC Milan thus far has been the presence of Suso in his starting lineup. The Spaniard featured heavily in preseason, has kept his place to start the Serie A campaign and has been at the heart of much of the positive work from the Rossoneri.

It's a far cry from the beginning of his Milan career, as after joining the club in January 2015, he struggled initially to make his mark and secure a place in the side. Fast-forward 12 months, and a loan spell at Genoa last season was seemingly the catalyst for him to kick-start his career in Italy.

Having made just one appearance for Milan between August and December, he enjoyed regular playing time away from the San Siro and added six goals and two assists in 19 league appearances to his work. It was confirmation of the talent that he possesses, but what he needed was the faith of his coach and opportunities to impress to showcase what he is capable of contributing to the team.

The 22-year-old has had that so far this year, and responded with a superb strike against Napoli prior to the international break while playing an instrumental role in Milan's more impressive attacking play in general in the first two games of the season. Having been able to sustain that momentum over the break with a goal in Milan's friendly against Bournemouth last weekend, Suso is growing in confidence and belief that he can be a decisive figure for the Rossoneri this year.

From his movement and ability to cut in from the right flank to his technical skill and eye for goal, he has all the characteristics required to shine at this level and in this environment, but he must now add consistency to his game.

Montella is adamant that the best is yet to come from the Spaniard, and time will tell as to whether or not the 42-year-old tactician is the man to prise all that talent out of him and make him an integral part of his side in the months ahead.

"Suso hasn't given his best yet," Montella told Mesiaset Premium. "He has enormous potential, but needs to grow in his consistency and also self-confidence.

"He is a little shy and ought to take more risks in the final third. He has to be more incisive, because he has the quality to do that."

From his skill on the ball to his intricate passing to find Carlos Bacca in dangerous positions in and around the penalty area, Suso has the vision and ability to execute that makes him stand out from the rest. As noted by Montella though, he has to have the courage to take the game by the throat and make himself the star on each occasion, and not be content with playing it safe and enjoying a tidy game.

The Spaniard can ill-afford to drift out of matches and not have an influence on proceedings, as ultimately it will more often than not make him a liability at times and make Milan less of a threat. Further, particularly considering Montella's system and style of play, it's all well and good keeping possession for long periods, but if there aren't individuals in the final third capable of producing a bit of quality to unlock defences, then it will become frustrating and tiresome.

Milan have seen glimpses of what Suso is capable of so far this season, and it's hoped that he can pick up from where he left off last month and continue to be a game-changer in and around the box.

Montella certainly needs a reaction to the defeat to Napoli when his side take on Udinese on Sunday, and with M'Baye Niang suspended following his red card at the San Paolo, the onus will be on Suso to be the creative spark.

It's been an impressive start to the season for the former Liverpool man, but the real test will come in the weeks and months ahead as he will need to produce consistently if he wants to take his game to the next level and become a pivotal figure of Montella's Milan.

Offline Fromola

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #108 on: September 16, 2016, 10:14:58 pm »
Another assist tonight.

Offline BobPaisley3

• SirAlexFerguson2, the bad manc twat :)
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • PGMOL fanboy
« Reply #109 on: October 22, 2016, 09:24:59 pm »
Having a great game against Juve.
94 Corner to us. Last kick. Ali in the box and he’s scored

Offline kcbworth

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #110 on: October 24, 2016, 12:04:27 pm »
Assist to create winner against Juve

Offline kcbworth

• Legacy Fan

Offline Fromola

• Legacy Fan

Offline pyroparty

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #113 on: November 6, 2016, 04:12:53 pm »
Should never have let him go.

Who do you support fella?

Offline Ken-Obi

• Hasn't got Wan, doesn't deserve Wan
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: isn't going to get one of these either
« Reply #114 on: November 6, 2016, 04:24:10 pm »
Who do you support fella?
Maybe he's into Neil Sedaka?

Either way, assuming we kept him - we'll have to drop either of...

Coutinho
Lallana
Firmino
Mane

for him.

So going to Milan is still the better choice than sitting on the bench.
Someone should do the right thing - go back in time to 1992 and destroy the codes to Championship Manager before it is ever released

Offline kcbworth

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #115 on: November 7, 2016, 07:08:10 am »
Scored again in a MOTM performance for Milan today http://www.italianfootballdaily.com/milan-player-ratings-vs-palermo/

Suso (8 MOTM): The Spaniard could have scored 4 goals today. He capitalized on Posavec’s error to slot one home, but his movement and attacking prowess were excellent. He’s continuing to develop into a strong player.

Really pleased to see him developing. Was a bit worried he may not get the chance after not getting the opportunity here, but he's making it at Milan, which is great to see

Offline classycarra

• The Left Disonourable Chuntering Member For Scousepool.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #116 on: November 7, 2016, 08:37:33 am »
Should never have let him go.

haha are you a parody account? as soon as i saw there was a new article on him, i knew you'd be here. so predictable, the way you follow the media

Offline Trump's tiny tiny hands

• Legacy Fan
  • Building steam with a grain of salt
« Reply #117 on: November 7, 2016, 09:44:08 am »
He wouldn't make the bench for us.

Offline Coolie High

• bury Regular. My opinions are facts, FYI. (whisper it but doesn't understand midfielders)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #118 on: November 7, 2016, 12:33:35 pm »
He wouldn't make the bench for us.

Considering Ejaria did and Grujic does, i think he would.

Wouldn't make our first team though, was in his best interests to leave, good to see him doing well though being how big of a fan i was, was called up to Spains provisional sqaud as well so he is making progress.

Offline classycarra

• The Left Disonourable Chuntering Member For Scousepool.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #119 on: November 7, 2016, 01:16:45 pm »
Considering Ejaria did and Grujic does, i think he would.

well he wouldn't be in the position he is now, if he was still with us.

he's only in the last year or two nailed down regularly starting. before that he was extremely inconsistent, which is understandable when you have little momentum.

there's no chance he'd have reached this level if he had stayed here. he wasn't making the bench before he left, and that was with a far weaker squad

it's good news for him that he left, but people like bitter mug need to use a bit of common sense before saying we shouldnt have let him go
« Last Edit: November 7, 2016, 01:18:22 pm by Classycara »