Author Topic: FSG (*)  (Read 832265 times)

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
Re: FSG (*)
« Reply #8920 on: April 21, 2017, 07:43:49 pm »
I was more interested in Eel being precious because for me the debate isn't going the way he would like.

:lmao

In the words of our esteemed leader, I dunno what they're smoking over there in Al-land

I just told you to stop making personal insults to Craig, I wasn't having some bizarre debate about whether our ground has expanded or something. Craig is a highly valued member of this forum and the never ending stick he gets from the likes of yourself is uncalled for. You keep going Craig, fight the good fight.
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline PeterTheRed ...

• Edgelord. Fabrizio Romanovic, Tancredi Palmerovic, Christian Falkovic, Duncan Castlovic, Jan Aage Fjortovic
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8921 on: April 21, 2017, 07:46:09 pm »
More reason to expand the ARE - get more provision in the ground than the statutory minimum.

Why bother with such minimal upgrades, when we can have this?

Offline blert596

• or is it Simon Peg, Advert: Buy incontinence bed pads from www.incontinencechoice.co.uk Wash & disposable. Trade & Public.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8922 on: April 21, 2017, 07:50:35 pm »
I think that's gonna be Evertons model mate.

Only in blue :-)
All the badge kissing in the world don't make up for the fact that they are, frankly, not Liverpool Football Club. It's not their fault. Its just how it is.

Offline CraigDS

• Lite. Smelt it and dealt it. Worrawhopper.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #8923 on: April 21, 2017, 07:53:27 pm »
I was more interested in Eel being precious because for me the debate isn't going the way he would like.

to be honest mate it was me who brought it up first.

As a one off, off the cuff, remark then "Chemical Craig" isn't too bad. However you've used it multiple times with me now, and if I'm honest it's pretty sickening to try to liken me to a chemical weapon using, mass murdering physco.

Online Eeyore

• "I have no problem whatsoever stating that FSG have done a good job.".Mo Money, Mo Problems to invent. Number 1 is Carragher. Number 2 is Carragher. Number 3 is Carragher. Number 4 is Carragher. Likes to play God in his spare time.
  • Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT 97
« Reply #8924 on: April 21, 2017, 08:02:07 pm »
to be honest mate it was me who brought it up first.

As a one off, off the cuff, remark then "Chemical Craig" isn't too bad. However you've used it multiple times with me now, and if I'm honest it's pretty sickening to try to liken me to a chemical weapon using, mass murdering physco.

Apologise if I have offended you mate.

You accuse me of negative spin and I accuse you of positive spin.  ;D

As you said in an earlier post we are both a pair stubborn fuckers and if it was a low blow as I say I apologise.

The only comparison intended was your propensity to defend the indefensible regarding some of FSG's actions. (In my opinion).

Could be worse though you could of been likened to Trump like some of us.   
"Ohhh-kayyy"

Online Eeyore

• "I have no problem whatsoever stating that FSG have done a good job.".Mo Money, Mo Problems to invent. Number 1 is Carragher. Number 2 is Carragher. Number 3 is Carragher. Number 4 is Carragher. Likes to play God in his spare time.
  • Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT 97
« Reply #8925 on: April 21, 2017, 08:11:28 pm »
Why bother with such minimal upgrades, when we can have this?

Tom Werner "we have the funds to compete with any team in the world" – 19-7-12

"Ohhh-kayyy"

Offline PeterTheRed ...

• Edgelord. Fabrizio Romanovic, Tancredi Palmerovic, Christian Falkovic, Duncan Castlovic, Jan Aage Fjortovic
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8926 on: April 21, 2017, 08:19:41 pm »
Tom Werner "we have the funds to compete with any team in the world" – 19-7-12

So, you are suggesting that FSG want to make Anfield as big as Camp Nou? Great news.

Offline Pistolero

• BELIEVE. My bad. This. Lol. Bless. Meh. Wow just wow. Hate on. The Ev. Phil.
  • Legacy Fan
  • A serpent's tooth...
« Reply #8927 on: April 21, 2017, 08:21:20 pm »
Could be worse though you could of been likened to Trump like some of us.

;D
They have life in them, they have humour, they're arrogant, they're cocky and they're proud. And that's what I want my team to be.

Online Eeyore

• Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT 97
« Reply #8928 on: April 21, 2017, 08:40:50 pm »
So, you are suggesting that FSG want to make Anfield as big as Camp Nou? Great news.

Of course they do mate. They just have to figure out a way of getting the fans to pay for it.
"Ohhh-kayyy"

Offline PeterTheRed ...

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #8929 on: April 21, 2017, 08:42:09 pm »
Of course they do mate. They just have to figure out a way of getting the fans to pay for it.

Maybe FSG intend to pay for it, just like Barcelona owners paid for Camp Nou?

Online Eeyore

• Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT 97
« Reply #8930 on: April 21, 2017, 08:49:10 pm »
Maybe FSG intend to pay for it, just like Barcelona owners paid for Camp Nou?

No mate FSG deffo don't intend to pay for it.
"Ohhh-kayyy"

Online TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
« Reply #8931 on: April 21, 2017, 08:53:49 pm »

They were at Barca to advise them how to redevelop the camp nou effectively...
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline ggcc14

• C onfuses objective and objectionable. C-ock
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #8932 on: April 21, 2017, 09:00:14 pm »
Christ this is tedious.

Anfield is being expanded, but due to it simultaneously falling in line with disabled access regulations it won't have a larger overall capacity.

Whether or not you look at this positively or negatively probably says more about you than what's actually happening.

Still, we need things to bitch at each other about I suppose.
Thank god someone typed it for me.
I´ll say something that might surprise you. Real life is different to computer games.
I think Nadal is brilliant. One of the top 10 ever.

Online Eeyore

• Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT 97
« Reply #8933 on: April 21, 2017, 09:02:06 pm »
They were at Barca to advise them how to redevelop the camp nou effectively...

Use the FSG model.

According to GoBankingRates.com, Fenway Park is the most expensive MLB stadium in the country.

In a ranking of every stadium, Fenway ranked first overall for most expensive – but also first in ticket prices, parking and beer prices.

A “fun fact,” according to the website, is “a hot dog at Fenway Park is 75-percent more expensive than a hot dog at Yankee Stadium.”

According to the site, here are the average costs of attending an MLB game:

Two tickets: $41.41
    Two hot dogs: $8.73
    Two beers: $11.89
    Parking: $15.89

Compare that to the average cost of a game at Fenway:

Two tickets: $96
    Two hot dogs: $10.50
    Two beers: $15.50
    Parking: $35
"Ohhh-kayyy"

Online TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
« Reply #8934 on: April 21, 2017, 09:05:00 pm »
Use the FSG model.

According to GoBankingRates.com, Fenway Park is the most expensive MLB stadium in the country.

In a ranking of every stadium, Fenway ranked first overall for most expensive – but also first in ticket prices, parking and beer prices.

A “fun fact,” according to the website, is “a hot dog at Fenway Park is 75-percent more expensive than a hot dog at Yankee Stadium.”

Sigh

I think the idea was that we redeveloped anfield without closing the stand and they were interested in a similar strategy.
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8935 on: April 21, 2017, 09:05:57 pm »
Use the FSG model.

Do you have all these irrelevant facts saved in a word document somewhere?
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Online Eeyore

• Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT 97
« Reply #8936 on: April 21, 2017, 09:20:31 pm »

Do you have all these irrelevant facts saved in a word document somewhere?

How is it irrelevant.

In Boston FSG have a business model of the 2nd best supported team having the 24th biggest Stadium but make up the shortfall by having the highest prices. In Liverpool FSG have a business model of the 2nd best supported side having the currently the 6th soon to be 8th if we don't develop the ARE sized Stadium.

Furthermore the FSG emails show that JWH and FSG were only really interested in increasing the Corporate take even if that meant cutting the number of general admissions.

They have already increased the profit per seat and were looking to accentuate that with hefty ticket increases until we protested. There have also been murmurings of the ARE not being profitable enough to undertake.

For me as a long standing season ticket holder with kids who are priced out of the game there is an urgent need for a much bigger capacity and affordable ticket prices. I understand that doesn't really affect you Eel so I can understand why local kids who are the future of the Club being priced out is an irrelevance.
"Ohhh-kayyy"

Offline jambutty

• The Gok Wan of RAWK. Tripespotting Advocate. Oakley style guru. Hardman St. arl arse, "Ridiculously cool" -Atko- Impending U.S. Civil War Ostrich. Too old to suffer wankers and WUMs on here.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • June 20, 2009. Still no justice for Neda
« Reply #8937 on: April 21, 2017, 09:29:52 pm »
None of which will affect all those regular matchgoers who make it a point not to spend a farthing in the ground because of the robbin' bastards.
Kill the humourless

Offline the 92A

• Alberto Incontidor. Peneus. Phantom Thread Locker. Mr Bus. But there'll be another one along soon enough. Almost as bad as Jim...
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8938 on: April 21, 2017, 09:30:28 pm »
Could delete last 5 pages and sum up with Al and Craig are bigboys and don't need people to be outraged on their behalf and
Please, please stop it.

The ground is not being expanded, it is being reconfigured.

Quite rightly, able bodied capacity is being surrendered to allow more disabled access.

It is not an FSG anti or pro argument this - but calling it an expansion of a stadium is disingenuous.

Still Dreaming of a Harry Quinn

Offline jambutty

• The Gok Wan of RAWK. Tripespotting Advocate. Oakley style guru. Hardman St. arl arse, "Ridiculously cool" -Atko- Impending U.S. Civil War Ostrich. Too old to suffer wankers and WUMs on here.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • June 20, 2009. Still no justice for Neda
« Reply #8939 on: April 21, 2017, 09:38:49 pm »
For me as a long standing season ticket holder with kids who are priced out of the game there is an urgent need for a much bigger capacity and affordable ticket prices.
Holy shit.

So you want another seat for one of your kids at what?  Half price?  Got 2 kids? 

Dunno if the Bernabeu seats that many, mate.

Don't expect much do yer?

I'd say, just off the top of my head, that most on here would rather spend the money on getting us back to the top and not getting your kid in right now.  Let him have yours once in a while.  That's what I do with my seasies.
Kill the humourless

Offline El Lobo

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8940 on: April 21, 2017, 09:49:08 pm »
For me as a long standing season ticket holder with kids who are priced out of the game there is an urgent need for a much bigger capacity and affordable ticket prices. I understand that doesn't really affect you Eel so I can understand why local kids who are the future of the Club being priced out is an irrelevance.

This is the whole problem mate and it's why it's impossible to have a sensible debate with you, regardless of the occasions you do have a fair point. You literally find it impossible to stand on whatever point you're making, you have so many little facts here and there to find fault with every facet of FSG owning the club that it's very difficult to not find you quite disingenuous when you say 'I think they've done some things well' because the overall tone of your posts is that you're utterly disgusted with having these guys own us.

Which sort of takes me back to what I asked 5 pages ago before this bizarre discussion about disabled seats. If you're that disenfranchised with how they run the club, why don't you do something about it? It seems a bit odd that so much of your hatred is poured into this specific thread rather than rallying around others and trying to get the owners you want....?

Offline GeorgiaRed

• Anny Roader
« Reply #8941 on: April 21, 2017, 09:57:30 pm »
Because the facts are that I have been in meetings years ago where they said they would not do the ARE until the MS was done. They wanted to gauge demand and 'how it would be done' - this is with a ST Waiting List of 20,000 odd and massive off waiting list demand.

They said this year that they were looking at other options (an increased stand) but there can be absolutely no doubt at all that the demand could not be a part of their concern, there is no possible argument that demand for an extra 9000 seats is not there for each game. Fact.

So, it assumes that the work now is on modelling a ROI plan - the higher capacity is an obvious way of increasing that as there is not the exponential cost of building the extra capacity. What it does do is establish a challenge outside the ground for traffic and movement management and the costs of that.

So, the short answer is that there are more current reasons to say it isn't happening soon or at all than reasons to say it is about to happen soon or at all.

That can change depending upon an update we will get at the end of May.

Graham, when does stadium capacity overwhelm the transportation infastructure?

Online Eeyore

• Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT 97
« Reply #8942 on: April 21, 2017, 10:10:22 pm »
This is the whole problem mate and it's why it's impossible to have a sensible debate with you, regardless of the occasions you do have a fair point. You literally find it impossible to stand on whatever point you're making, you have so many little facts here and there to find fault with every facet of FSG owning the club that it's very difficult to not find you quite disingenuous when you say 'I think they've done some things well' because the overall tone of your posts is that you're utterly disgusted with having these guys own us.

Which sort of takes me back to what I asked 5 pages ago before this bizarre discussion about disabled seats. If you're that disenfranchised with how they run the club, why don't you do something about it? It seems a bit odd that so much of your hatred is poured into this specific thread rather than rallying around others and trying to get the owners you want....?

Without the intervention of the authorities then the big Clubs have grown to such an extent that all you are likely to do is swap one set of businessmen for another. That doesn't mean we should roll over though.

We simply have to push them all the way and to strive to make them the best owners they can be. The ticket protest showed that. Stick together and they have no choice but to take notice.

That is why I simply cannot understand why you seek to defend them at every opportunity.

As for disabled seats it is perfect example of businessmen being forced into doing something that doesn't make financial sense. 
"Ohhh-kayyy"

Online Eeyore

• Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT 97
« Reply #8943 on: April 21, 2017, 10:12:36 pm »
Holy shit.

So you want another seat for one of your kids at what?  Half price?  Got 2 kids? 

Dunno if the Bernabeu seats that many, mate.

Don't expect much do yer?

I'd say, just off the top of my head, that most on here would rather spend the money on getting us back to the top and not getting your kid in right now.  Let him have yours once in a while.  That's what I do with my seasies.

What is so outlandish about half price tickets for kids ?
"Ohhh-kayyy"

Offline liverpool185

• Kopite
« Reply #8944 on: April 21, 2017, 10:26:55 pm »
Use the FSG model.

Please tell me this is a troll post? Surely this is a piss-take and your not serious? Just when you think you have seen it all in this thread, you are now coming out with hot dog and beer prices to critize FSG, what the fuck is going on  :lmao :lmao
David Moyes, a woman beater without actually beating a woman.

Online Eeyore

• Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT 97
« Reply #8945 on: April 21, 2017, 10:56:32 pm »
Please tell me this is a troll post? Surely this is a piss-take and your not serious? Just when you think you have seen it all in this thread, you are now coming out with hot dog and beer prices to critize FSG, what the fuck is going on  :lmao :lmao

I think you may of missed the price of tickets being over double the average price of MLB tickets. Of course they would never try and charge extortionate prices over here would they, £77 for a general admission ticket is very reasonable isn't it.

"Ohhh-kayyy"

Offline Graham Smith

• Squealer
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • SOS Vice Chair - Former Chair LFC S/Committee
« Reply #8946 on: April 21, 2017, 10:59:49 pm »
Graham, when does stadium capacity overwhelm the transportation infastructure?

It is around 60,000 to 61,000 from recollection.
Hunt Bromley got Ringo

@GPS1892

Offline El Lobo

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8947 on: April 21, 2017, 11:26:55 pm »
Without the intervention of the authorities then the big Clubs have grown to such an extent that all you are likely to do is swap one set of businessmen for another. That doesn't mean we should roll over though.

We simply have to push them all the way and to strive to make them the best owners they can be. The ticket protest showed that. Stick together and they have no choice but to take notice.

That is why I simply cannot understand why you seek to defend them at every opportunity.

As for disabled seats it is perfect example of businessmen being forced into doing something that doesn't make financial sense.

The sad thing is mate, you're so desperate to polarise things. It's a little cringey. If you go back a few pages you'll see DangerScouse telling you that I was ultra critical of them in their first couple of seasons. You'll see in practically every one of mine, or Craig, or Billy's posts that there is actual balance. That there is a desire to move forward whilst still acknowledging these guys have made mistakes in the past. But you're incapable of having that sort of debate unless everything is completely polarised as 'anti-FSG vs pro-FSG'. You've become so entrenched in finding fault in every facet of how they run the club, that you've completely forgotten why you support the club in the first place. There's no shifting.

Online Eeyore

• Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT 97
« Reply #8948 on: April 21, 2017, 11:43:36 pm »
The sad thing is mate, you're so desperate to polarise things. It's a little cringey. If you go back a few pages you'll see DangerScouse telling you that I was ultra critical of them in their first couple of seasons. You'll see in practically every one of mine, or Craig, or Billy's posts that there is actual balance. That there is a desire to move forward whilst still acknowledging these guys have made mistakes in the past. But you're incapable of having that sort of debate unless everything is completely polarised as 'anti-FSG vs pro-FSG'. You've become so entrenched in finding fault in every facet of how they run the club, that you've completely forgotten why you support the club in the first place. There's no shifting.

I think it is pretty clear who is looking for the fans to unite and to push FSG to be the best owners they can and who is looking to polarise things.

"Ohhh-kayyy"

Online cdav

• Is Melissa Reddy. Confirmed by himself. (Probably not though, he's a much better writer.)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8949 on: April 21, 2017, 11:50:19 pm »
http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/jurgen-klopp-very-positive-transfer-12927505

Jurgen Klopp on 'very positive' transfer talks as Liverpool prepare for summer spending spree
Reds boss believes Anfield is a more attractive destination now than a year ago

I can't be the only one who thinks we are being really bullish at the moment over the transfer window? Have we got a few deals lined up or just being our usual positive selves and monitoring players- seems we are very happy to be pushing our agenda and how big a summer we will be having.

Offline El Lobo

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8950 on: April 21, 2017, 11:52:57 pm »
I think it is pretty clear who is looking for the fans to unite and to push FSG to be the best owners they can and who is looking to polarise things.

:D

You don't read posts you quote either Al, that doesn't help.

It's really admirable that you're looking to unite fans, how are you going about this exactly? You're an absolutely fascinating character, it's true. But like I say consider how much time and effort you put into letting people on this forum know, daily and continually and repeatedly, how bad FSG are at running the club and then think of that time and effort put into action. To unite same thinking supporters like yourself into taking action against FSG to make them build a new stadium but also expand our current one and spend more money on established but young unestablished world class local players and employing local top class scouts and coaching teams who have flown under the radar and had years of success at the top of their field, and to do all of this whilst decreasing ticket prices ;)

Seriously though, why haven't you? If we actually had bad owners I'd be looking at you as one of those who'd be making things happen, genuinely. That's not a dig or being condescending. So it intrigues me as to why you don't feel the need when you're clearly disenfranchised with practically every aspect of how they run the club.

Offline PeterTheRed ...

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #8951 on: April 22, 2017, 12:10:14 am »
No mate FSG deffo don't intend to pay for it.

You are right, we should have kept Gillett & Hicks. They would have built us that beautiful big new stadium.

Offline PeterTheRed ...

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #8952 on: April 22, 2017, 12:15:59 am »
http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/jurgen-klopp-very-positive-transfer-12927505

Jurgen Klopp on 'very positive' transfer talks as Liverpool prepare for summer spending spree
Reds boss believes Anfield is a more attractive destination now than a year ago

I can't be the only one who thinks we are being really bullish at the moment over the transfer window? Have we got a few deals lined up or just being our usual positive selves and monitoring players- seems we are very happy to be pushing our agenda and how big a summer we will be having.

Well, we are not exactly trying to sign superstars. Virgil van Dijk, Julian Brandt and Naby Keita are quality players, but they are well in our reach. And since we had a negative net spend last summer, we have quite a lot of money for transfers, especially when the Champions League money is added to that. So yes, I can see us overspending a bit this summer in order to get Klopp's primary targets.

Offline JCB

• Sponsors of Digger Barnes.....
  • Legacy Fan

Offline PeterTheRed ...

• Legacy Fan

Offline WillG.LFC

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #8955 on: April 22, 2017, 12:54:37 am »
Reckon this thread needs to wait till summer now :D

Offline CraigDS

• Lite. Smelt it and dealt it. Worrawhopper.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #8956 on: April 22, 2017, 06:39:36 am »
http://www.thisisanfield.com/2017/04/champions-league-qualification-boost-anfield-expansion-plans/

Pretty sure with the increase in CL revenues the base figure for just being in the group stages is now £50m. Let alone a run to the quarters.

Offline El Lobo

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8957 on: April 22, 2017, 07:46:34 am »
Reckon this thread needs to wait till summer now :D

This thread is gonna be utter carnage in the summer, its gonna need about three mods alone.

Online Eeyore

• Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT 97
« Reply #8958 on: April 22, 2017, 08:06:55 am »
:D

You don't read posts you quote either Al, that doesn't help.

It's really admirable that you're looking to unite fans, how are you going about this exactly? You're an absolutely fascinating character, it's true. But like I say consider how much time and effort you put into letting people on this forum know, daily and continually and repeatedly, how bad FSG are at running the club and then think of that time and effort put into action. To unite same thinking supporters like yourself into taking action against FSG to make them build a new stadium but also expand our current one and spend more money on established but young unestablished world class local players and employing local top class scouts and coaching teams who have flown under the radar and had years of success at the top of their field, and to do all of this whilst decreasing ticket prices ;)

Seriously though, why haven't you? If we actually had bad owners I'd be looking at you as one of those who'd be making things happen, genuinely. That's not a dig or being condescending. So it intrigues me as to why you don't feel the need when you're clearly disenfranchised with practically every aspect of how they run the club.

Or maybe we could continue calling out FSG when they don't put the Club first and make poor decisions. Strangely enough FSG are very sensitive to adverse publicity especially relating to the mood of the fans. They were quite happy plodding along with the Owl in charge until the fans started to vote with their feet. Let me think who did they replace him with oh yes the fans choice.

Likewise when there was a fan backlash after the Dempsey debacle what happened oh yes they issued the open letter to the fans and then actually got off their arse and lined up Coutinho and Sturridge for the January.

Then we have FSG trying to take the piss with £77 general admission tickets and a faster U-turn than a Tory Prime minister as soon as the fans voiced their ire.

After a net profit over the last two windows and a failure to recruit in January there has been a mood of unrest within the fan base and guess what there actually seems to be a mood within the Club to deliver in the transfer market for once.

For me it is pretty clear despite their initial rhetoric that FSG see LFC as a business and look to act in the interests of their investors . A set of investors who didn't want us to buy the Club in the first place and who have very little interest in LFC or indeed Football.

For me FSG would be quite happy to tootle along in the upper reaches of the Premier League accepting the odd Chanpions League season as a bonus and watching the value of their investment grow.

For me as fans it is up to us to maintain the standards and to push the owners and to hold them to account in the same way we treat managers and players. Give a 100 percent and the fans take you to heart. So why accept owners who are holding back and who have failed to deliver and who have lacked ambition.

Or you could just take the piss out of people like you do mate, continue to make excuses and tell everyone to wait until the next summer.
"Ohhh-kayyy"

Online Eeyore

• Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT 97
« Reply #8959 on: April 22, 2017, 08:13:13 am »
This thread is gonna be utter carnage in the summer, its gonna need about three mods alone.

Hang on a minute mate isn't this summer the one we have been waiting for. The one in which FSG back the manager and Klopp gets his first choice players with the huge warchest we keep being told about by FSG's mouthpieces in the press ?

Isn't it this summer that is the pivotal one for the likes of yourself ?
"Ohhh-kayyy"