Author Topic: Spurs: fucking useless  (Read 2605697 times)

Offline Barneylfc∗

• Cross-dressing man-bag wielding golfer. Wannabe Mod. Coprophiliac. Would like to buy an airline seat if he could. Known 'grass'. Wants to go home to He-Man
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Spurs
« Reply #4640 on: April 24, 2017, 10:51:08 am »
Best team in the league. Finishing second.
Best team in the cup. Knocked out.

Maybe you should come to terms with the fact that you're not as good a team as you think you are.
Craig Burnley V West Ham - WEST HAM WIN - INCORRECT

Offline My Original Username Back

• Kopite
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #4641 on: April 24, 2017, 10:55:56 am »

Maybe you should come to terms with the fact that you're not as good a team as you think you are.

Maybe you should come to terms with Spurs being a better side than Liverpool, City, United, Arsenal and the rest of the league, and yes we are a very good team.

Offline CraigDS

• Lite. Smelt it and dealt it. Worrawhopper.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #4642 on: April 24, 2017, 10:59:22 am »
Maybe you should come to terms with Spurs being a better side than Liverpool, City, United, Arsenal and the rest of the league, and yes we are a very good team.

Do you get a trophy for that?

Offline Barneylfc∗

• Cross-dressing man-bag wielding golfer. Wannabe Mod. Coprophiliac. Would like to buy an airline seat if he could. Known 'grass'. Wants to go home to He-Man
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4643 on: April 24, 2017, 11:02:49 am »

I never said Spurs weren't a very good team. But they're not the best in the league. Currently they're more consistent than the rest bar Chelsea. But if all teams played at the peak of their abilities and no injuries, I don't think yous would be in the position yous are in. Probably still top 4 or at least very close to it, but certainly not comfortably in 2nd.

Offline Barneylfc∗

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4644 on: April 24, 2017, 11:03:25 am »

You don't need trophies to prove you are a winner. Davy Moyes proved that.

• Kopite
« Reply #4645 on: April 24, 2017, 11:08:54 am »
I never said Spurs weren't a very good team. But they're not the best in the league. Currently they're more consistent than the rest bar Chelsea. But if all teams played at the peak of their abilities and no injuries, I don't think yous would be in the position yous are in. Probably still top 4 or at least very close to it, but certainly not comfortably in 2nd.

::) Yeah because Spurs haven't had any injuries have they....

and if all teams played at their peak consistently, well that isn't Spurs problem is it. The fact the other teams can't play at their peak consistently means they aren't very good.

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4646 on: April 24, 2017, 11:10:17 am »

To be fair to Spurs, Aiderweirald has been out for significant amounts. Kane, Walker, Rose, Vertonghen and Dembele have also missed significant chunks of the season.

• Kopite
« Reply #4647 on: April 24, 2017, 11:12:54 am »

No but as others have pointed out, it's not easy to win trophies in the english game. League cup won by United, richest club in the world. FA Cup and league probably won by Chelsea, bankrolled by a billionaire.

At the end of the day, Spurs are doing very well regardless of lack of trophies.

Offline Xabi Gerrard

• WHERE IS MY VOTE?
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4648 on: April 24, 2017, 11:13:59 am »
No but as others have pointed out, it's not easy to win trophies in the english game. League cup won by United, richest club in the world. FA Cup and league probably won by Chelsea, bankrolled by a billionaire.

League champions Leicester City...

Online Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #4649 on: April 24, 2017, 11:14:11 am »

Offline CraigDS

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #4650 on: April 24, 2017, 11:14:53 am »

At the end of the day, Spurs are doing very well regardless of lack of trophies.

But...

Spurs being a better side than Liverpool, City, United, Arsenal and the rest of the league

Offline ashleyrose-66

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Back on our perch!
« Reply #4651 on: April 24, 2017, 01:01:10 pm »
One thing people seem to be forgetting is that Spurs were very fortunate indeed to have had Hugo Lloris on the pitch in the second half following his blatant hand-ball outside the box just before half-time.   
I fear the scoreline could have been more comprehensive had the referee seen the incident.

Whilst it's easy to say Spurs were the "better side" because they had more of the ball and controlled more of the game, Chelsea were simply clinical. 
They had 5 shots on target in the game and scored 4.   Spurs had 4 shots on target (which is fewer than Chelsea, despite them being "better") and scored 2.

Offline elsewhere

• Turning Japanese, I think I'm turning Japanese, I really think I mean African, so...
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4652 on: April 24, 2017, 05:10:40 pm »
We will need a favor from Spurs when they face Arsenal and most importantly Utd. I hope they deliver in big matches this time and wins in both. But they are playing Palace, Arsenal then Westham. I fear if they drop points in 2 of these matches, they won't care about the Utd match at home.

Offline Something Worse

• Master of prehistoric and fantasy creature-based onomatopoeia
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4653 on: April 24, 2017, 05:18:59 pm »
I can't believe he's still at it!
Maybe the group, led by your leadership, will see these drafts as PR functions and brilliant use of humor

Hey Claus, fuck off.

Offline GinKop

• He's going to run to you (ooh-oooh). Knows a techtard when he sees one
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • FORZA MILANO
« Reply #4654 on: April 24, 2017, 05:28:29 pm »
We will need a favor from Spurs when they face Arsenal and most importantly Utd. I hope they deliver in big matches this time and wins in both. But they are playing Palace, Arsenal then Westham. I fear if they drop points in 2 of these matches, they won't care about the Utd match at home.

Don't rely on Spurs to beat the Mancs - remember the last time we were in that situation and they took a halftime lead and bottled it.
JFT97

Offline pyroparty

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4655 on: April 24, 2017, 05:32:11 pm »
Don't rely on Spurs to beat the Mancs - remember the last time we were in that situation and they took a halftime lead and bottled it.

Yeah though that was just blatant corruption. Soz, I mean "honest mistakes".

Offline TheShanklyGates

• Firmly in the "shake it all about" camp
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Outside The Shankly Gates...
« Reply #4656 on: April 24, 2017, 05:49:26 pm »
I can't believe he's still at it!

You can guarantee he wouldn't be here if we'd won yesterday.
I've just wiped the sticky residue from my bellend onto the television screen. Taste it Leo. You deserve it.
I would honestly let Wijnaldum jizz in my face right now

Offline Tommy_W

• Jol-ly. Constipated.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4657 on: April 24, 2017, 06:01:53 pm »
One thing people seem to be forgetting is that Spurs were very fortunate indeed to have had Hugo Lloris on the pitch in the second half following his blatant hand-ball outside the box just before half-time.   
I fear the scoreline could have been more comprehensive had the referee seen the incident.

I think it's only a red card if the keeper is denying a goal scoring opportunity with the handball isn't it?

Offline RMG

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #4658 on: April 24, 2017, 06:21:37 pm »
Another poor defeat for you lot yesterday. Another team who just can't get over the line. I'd be worried that United will snatch CL football from you personally.

You finished 3rd last season in a two horse race.

Least you do well in Europe though  ::)

Offline The North Bank

• Can even make the sun shine in Manchester - once in a blue moon...
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4659 on: April 24, 2017, 06:47:52 pm »
I don't see how anyone can have a go at Spurs, they are massively overachieving.
This is a club that has no history of ever winning anything, you shouldn't judge them with the standards you judge teams like Liverpool and Arsenal.
Little Spurs are punching above their weight and getting to a cup semi final should at least produce a dvd, if not a trophy.

Offline Tommy_W

• Jol-ly. Constipated.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4660 on: April 24, 2017, 07:27:07 pm »
I don't see how anyone can have a go at Spurs, they are massively overachieving.
This is a club that has no history of ever winning anything, you shouldn't judge them with the standards you judge teams like Liverpool and Arsenal.
Little Spurs are punching above their weight and getting to a cup semi final should at least produce a dvd, if not a trophy.

Well haven't you grown a big old pair after your win yesterday  ;D

Offline FlashGordon

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • RAWK Cheltenham 2021 Champion Tipster*
« Reply #4661 on: April 24, 2017, 07:57:54 pm »

In fairness to The North Bank he has held this position consistently.
So bloody what? If you watch football to be absolutely miserable then go watch cricket.

Offline The North Bank

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #4662 on: April 24, 2017, 08:58:17 pm »

Its all about timing !!  :D

Offline jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"
« Reply #4663 on: April 24, 2017, 09:28:09 pm »

You just can't help yourself can you. :lmao
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"

Offline jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"
« Reply #4664 on: April 24, 2017, 09:32:04 pm »

They are the Everton of North London. Winning without winning.
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"

Offline Pistolero

• BELIEVE. My bad. This. Lol. Bless. Meh. Wow just wow. Hate on. The Ev. Phil.
  • Legacy Fan
  • A serpent's tooth...
« Reply #4665 on: April 24, 2017, 09:35:58 pm »
hope they rip the fuckin bowels out of Palace on Wednesday and Sakho gets put on his arse a few times....
They have life in them, they have humour, they're arrogant, they're cocky and they're proud. And that's what I want my team to be.

Offline AaronSingh25

• Never Going to Grow Old. Dis-
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4666 on: April 27, 2017, 03:44:16 am »
Defence, especially their central defenders are the best pair in the league. Plenty of proper cover ahead of them too. If they keep it tight in the back, you always fancy they will get one at the other end as they did today.

Alderweireld is the type of solid defender we could only hope for. They got him for 11 million too; a bargain.

I'd say Pochettino - with the resources at his disposal, and what he did at Southampton is up there as one of the best managers around in club football at the moment.

Just got to hope some bigger clubs (hopefully abroad) take their players.

Online ScottishGoon

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #4667 on: April 27, 2017, 07:57:42 am »
hope they rip the fuckin bowels out of Palace on Wednesday and Sakho gets put on his arse a few times....

You got part of your wish, not sure you would have quite wanted that though.

Offline The North Bank

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #4668 on: April 27, 2017, 08:03:19 am »
23 year old Spurs fan in hospital with serious injuries after being attacked by a group of Spurs fans who mistook him for a Chelsea fan after the cup semi final.
The lad has a broken eye socket and a fractured skull.
You couldn't make it up.

• Kopite
« Reply #4669 on: April 27, 2017, 03:04:09 pm »
Premier League winners and losers

Date published: Thursday 27th April 2017 11:54
Winners

Tottenham, the Premier League’s run-enders
Manchester City had won six straight league games. Then they faced Spurs.
Burnley were unbeaten at home for four months. Then they faced Spurs.
Chelsea had won 13 consecutive league games. Then they faced Spurs.
Everton were unbeaten in almost three months, dropping just six points. Then they faced Spurs.
Crystal Palace had won six of their last eight league games. Then they faced Spurs.

Not only does that read like a weird remix of Afroman’s ‘Because I got high’ (I know you’ll try it out), it also describes just how effective Mauricio Pochettino’s team have been against all manner of in-form opponents. Tottenham probably won’t win the league, but you have to look hard to find meaningful flaws.

Tottenham’s chance creation
Tottenham’s winning run in the league has now reached eight matches, a sequence that has only been bettered twice in the Premier League since 2009. Not only does that show just how impressively Pochettino’s side have pushed Chelsea (and their 13-match streak of league wins is one of those aforementioned two) despite participation in Europe and with weaker squad depth, but Tottenham have produced this superb run of victories at the most crucial time in the season. The expectation was that the clubs behind Tottenham would snap at their heels. Instead, they have extended their lead.

As Tottenham prepare to face Arsenal, knowing victory would ensure finishing above their rivals for the first time in 22 years, they could not be in ruder health. This streak of eight victories has been achieved with the concession of just four goals, but it is Tottenham’s chance creation that is most noticeable.

Chances created per game (since start of Tottenham’s winning run):

Tottenham – 15.1
    Manchester United – 12
    Manchester City – 11.7
    Liverpool – 11.7
    Chelsea – 11.14
    Southampton – 10.29
    Everton – 9.75
    Watford – 9.29
    Arsenal – 9.14

The gap to Tottenham and Manchester United in second is bigger than the gap between United and Arsenal, in ninth. This is a purple patch that has been extended to a purple field.

Christian Eriksen
Eriksen may have provided the final, glorious touch to Tottenham’s winner on Wednesday evening, but don’t let that persuade you that the Dane was not also his team’s provider. No player on the pitch managed more than his four chances created. N’Golo Kante may have been the deserving Player of the Year, but Eriksen is the Premier League’s best on current form.

If the statistics above highlight Spurs’ ridiculous chance creation, Eriksen is the one most responsible for making the figures look silly. Over the last eight games he has created 30 chances, seven more than any other player in the Premier League and only 21 fewer than Hull City have created as a whole.

Even across the season, Eriksen’s chance creation has been exceptional; his total of 97 is 16 higher than Kevin de Bruyne in second place. A reminder than Eriksen signed a new four-year deal last September worth just £70,000 a week. That’s £5,000 a week more than Marko Arnautovic and James Morrison, and less than Fraser Forster and Andy Carroll. He’s at least three years younger than them all.

Offline CraigDS

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #4670 on: April 27, 2017, 03:05:24 pm »

Online Crosby Nick

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #4671 on: April 27, 2017, 03:09:45 pm »
Liverpool hadn't won in 5 and had just lost at Hull.
Then they faced Spurs.

Am I doing it right?

• Kopite
« Reply #4672 on: April 27, 2017, 03:11:26 pm »
  ???

It wasn't meant in that context but....there are still 5 games to go.

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
« Reply #4673 on: April 27, 2017, 03:13:44 pm »
Did you write that yourself Primativ?

I'm very impressed actually, looks and reads very professionally. You were just hustling us weren't you!
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Online Crosby Nick

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #4674 on: April 27, 2017, 03:16:23 pm »
Did you write that yourself Primativ?

I'm very impressed actually, looks and reads very professionally. You were just hustling us weren't you!

It's a F365 feature isn't it?  Not looked on there in a while though.

Fair play to Spurs though,  therefore going away,  who knows Everton could do them a favour at the weekend. Would like them to be still in with a sniff when they play United.

Offline Xabi Gerrard

• WHERE IS MY VOTE?
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4675 on: April 27, 2017, 10:23:53 pm »
Liverpool hadn't won in 5 and had just lost at Hull.
Then they faced Spurs.

Am I doing it right?

;D

Offline ElCapo

• Legacy Fan
  • Bayern Munich - Mia San Mia
« Reply #4676 on: April 27, 2017, 10:32:35 pm »

Offline TomDcs

• Cross dressing, pant shitting, clothes thief
  • Legacy Fan
  • Six times...
« Reply #4677 on: April 27, 2017, 10:43:59 pm »
Fair play to Spurs though,  therefore going away,  who knows Everton could do them a favour at the weekend. Would like them to be still in with a sniff when they play United.

This!

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4678 on: April 28, 2017, 04:56:49 pm »
It's official - Spurs will play all their home games at Wembley next season http://bbc.in/2qngbsN

Online Trump's tiny tiny hands

• Legacy Fan
  • Building steam with a grain of salt
« Reply #4679 on: April 28, 2017, 04:59:34 pm »
There was a reason they were "looking at other options" until as late as a few weeks back, they'll be paying through the nose to play there.