Author Topic: Paul Ince  (Read 10216 times)

Offline NorthamptonKopite

• Non-
  • Legacy Fan
  • You'll Never Walk Alone
Paul Ince
« on: February 17, 2013, 01:41:10 am »
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/21458051

Interesting appointment, especially with his son there.

Whether this will benefit or hinder us in the summer god only knows.
« Last Edit: October 28, 2014, 12:27:16 pm by The 5th Benitle »

Offline Juan Loco

• down in Acapulco. LIkes 'em salty and succulent, the wee lambies!
  • Legacy Fan
  • We've got our valuation and we're sticking to it
Re: Ince to manage Blackpool
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2013, 02:06:18 am »
Ollie Holt will be delighted. #RooneyRule #MiddleAgedManInAnAliceBand #RimsJohnTerry
"It's the football philosophy that counts, not the system."

A fully signed-up member of SPAS
The Stuart Pearce Apologist Society

Offline B0151?

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2013, 02:11:25 am »

i always feel so bad after watching this haha

i hope he does well purely for the fact that i don't think he will

Offline Po The Panda

• Keyboard Narcoleptic. Has Christiano Ronaldo as his profile picture. Stuck with this name. You could call it his legacy.....wants to pop a caps lock in yo ass.....
  • Legacy Fan
  • Real Username: LEGACY
« Reply #3 on: February 17, 2013, 02:14:13 am »
They don't spend much cash, He's not a good manager. This will end well!

Offline Big Red Richie

• Thread killer extraordinaire. For future reference the order is T, U, V, W, X, Y, Z
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #4 on: February 17, 2013, 02:33:11 am »
Good luck Paul.

You're going to need it with some of those dodgy dealing Oystons still pulling the strings.

Offline jackh

• Has a blog but doesn't like to talk about it. Slightly obsessed with the colour orange for some weird reason......
  • RAWK Mod
  • Legacy Fan
    • @hartejack
« Reply #5 on: February 17, 2013, 03:00:06 am »
Good luck Paul.

You're going to need it with some of those dodgy dealing Oystons still pulling the strings.

They don't spend much cash, He's not a good manager. This will end well!

Despite that equaliser and its enthusiastic celebration when I was eleven years old, I'm not going to claim any great love and affection for Paul Ince...

...Thatsaid, it's a great shame to see a young manager/coach with obviously enthusiastic ambitions in the game to be led (senselessly) blindly into a role that simply isn't going to prove rewarding - I don't claim to know how much potential there is in Paul Ince but he'd be better taking on a role a level below than at this circus.  Almost every club below them in their current league is bigger and better (even before the off-field considerations take hold).  If Ince goes down with Blackpool, it looks like killing time for an unknown quantity.  If he stays up, a big club has massively underachieved.

It's practically no-win, no lose.

Offline kopitecrash

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #6 on: February 17, 2013, 07:39:41 am »
Maybe he'll prove everyone wrong. But I don't particularly rate him. Can see this going poorly for Blackpool.
You could open a door with him, he's such a knob.

Offline khalilur

• Kopite
« Reply #7 on: February 17, 2013, 08:33:29 am »
There goes our chance of signing Ince Jr. With Ince Sr in charge I'm sure he would want to keep Blackpool's better players & I doubt his son would go against his wishes.

Offline sminp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8 on: February 17, 2013, 08:42:48 am »
There goes our chance of signing Ince Jr. With Ince Sr in charge I'm sure he would want to keep Blackpool's better players & I doubt his son would go against his wishes.

I wonder if that was part of their thinking when the decided to employ Paul Ince
My Betfair referal code for anyone who wants it: R6K4MTAQM (You get a £25 free bet)

"Liverpool are magic, Everton are tragic."
"It was like playing in a foreign country." Ian Rush on his time with Juventus in Italy
"Don't worry Alan. At least you'll be able to play close to a great team!" Bill Shankly to A

Offline KingLuis05

• Kopite
  • He drinks sangria
« Reply #9 on: February 17, 2013, 08:49:10 am »

Doubt he'd want to hinder his son's progress by not letting him move on to/back to a bigger club. Not sure he'd have too much say in the matter either, I'd imagine that the Oystons will sell him if they receive an acceptable offer.

Offline Lenin.

• Rita out.
  • Legacy Fan
  • "We All Shine On"
« Reply #10 on: February 17, 2013, 12:18:19 pm »
The only thing that worries me is that Paul Ince will have the inside track on how us & Tom are approaching the transfer.
Oh you English are SO superior aren't you? Well, would you like to know where you'd be without US the good old U.S. of A. to protect you? I'll tell you. The smallest fucking province in the Russian Empire, that's where! If it wasn't for us, you'd all be speaking German, singing, "Deutschland, Deutschland Uber Alles!"

Offline RideTheWalrus

• Legacy Fan
  • Urge to kill rising...
« Reply #11 on: February 17, 2013, 12:24:43 pm »
he doen well in his first two jobs. Hope he does well in this one, can't see it though.
Pretty happy with Arse taking it.

Disappointing.
[/quote]

Offline Djimi Smicer34

• Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #12 on: February 17, 2013, 08:15:25 pm »
I wonder if that was part of their thinking when the decided to employ Paul Ince

That was my first thought when I heard this too.  Tom was on the bench for them yesterday which I thought was odd, has he been injured recently?  They still have a chance of making the play-offs so thought it was strange they would leave out their top scorer against Ipswich who are struggling near the bottom of the table.

Offline TSC

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #13 on: February 17, 2013, 09:27:37 pm »
Remember him quoted yrs ago in some interview where he praised LFC and supporters and painted it all in a good light in comparison to UTD, where he was pretty dismissive of the support etc.  So don't necessarily think he'd prevent any move going ahead, even if he could.  Plus he would prob accept his lad will get a chance here in and around the first team.  Although he prob thinks we're a bit daft for getting rid initially, which we were obviously.

Offline Fordy

• Κασσάνδρα. ITK (rubs bridge of nose knowingly)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #14 on: February 17, 2013, 09:32:47 pm »

Totally disagree and people close to Paul Ince will disagree with this also.

Tom will be leaving Blackpool in the summer and his dad wants him to play at a higher level.

With Paul in charge it increases our chances as Paul will want to keep the links with Liverpool strong. Suso, Robinson, Coady etc on loan at Blackpool to help Paul next season. Do you think he would say no?

Offline bigbear

• offering a $10,000 reward for information leading to arrest and imprisonment of the international porridge thief and furniture wrecker Goldilocks
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #15 on: February 17, 2013, 09:35:57 pm »
Totally disagree and people close to Paul Ince will disagree with this also.

Tom will be leaving Blackpool in the summer and his dad wants him to play at a higher level.

With Paul in charge it increases our chances as Paul will want to keep the links with Liverpool strong. Suso, Robinson, Coady etc on loan at Blackpool to help Paul next season. Do you think he would say no?

Agree with this. Paul Ince will not put Blackpool before his lad's progression. Blackpool will get a few quid for him and he will move on and I would not be surprised at all if a few of our younger lads went there on loan.

Offline mulfella

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hedgehogs are boss
« Reply #16 on: February 18, 2013, 09:10:18 am »

That's brilliant
A place full of grammer Nazi's?
'Grammar' and no apostrophe in 'nazis'.

Offline Paul JH

• Elmer Fudd. I'm a witch! A WITCH!
  • Legacy Fan
  • "Don't do drugs..."
« Reply #17 on: February 18, 2013, 03:43:18 pm »

Not at all, if anything, Ince knows Liverpool inside and out and will probably want his son to play for a big club like us AND knows that he'll be coming to the right club.
Sarcastic Net Pest and Sanctimonious Arse.

Offline bird_lfc

• Would much rather have a good wank than get behind the team. Champion of Luke Shaw’s reputation.
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #18 on: February 18, 2013, 04:10:52 pm »
Not at all, if anything, Ince knows Liverpool inside and out and will probably want his son to play for a big club like us AND knows that he'll be coming to the right club.

Wasn't he the reason Tom left here in the first place?

Offline rob1408

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #19 on: February 18, 2013, 04:56:53 pm »
Wasn't he the reason Tom left here in the first place?

Tom Ince, after advice from his father, moved on to get first team football.  It turns out Ince sr's advice was spot on as he's developed much better at Blackpool than he would of done for our reserves.

Personally can't see Paul Ince standing in his sons way, that's if doesn't get sacked by the summer.  He's only on a year long rolling contract so I don't think he'll be there long.

Offline DeLeiva

• StanDan
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA -
« Reply #20 on: February 18, 2013, 05:00:55 pm »
Fast Forward 3 months - Paul Ince sacked by Blackpool.

Offline B0151?

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #21 on: February 18, 2013, 05:05:35 pm »
Tom Ince, after advice from his father, moved on to get first team football.  It turns out Ince sr's advice was spot on as he's developed much better at Blackpool than he would of done for our reserves.

Personally can't see Paul Ince standing in his sons way, that's if doesn't get sacked by the summer.  He's only on a year long rolling contract so I don't think he'll be there long.

in fairness oyston only offers 1 year rolling contracts to everyone, even holloway with the wonders he did there. probably why they were forced to turn to ince

Online farawayred

• Whizz For Atomms. Nucular boffin. A Mars A Day Helps Him Work, Rest And Play
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Oh yes, I'm a believer!
« Reply #22 on: February 18, 2013, 06:20:28 pm »
How many here think that may be the reason why we didn't get Paul Ince? Tom must have known a month ago that something will happen at Blackpool and he advised his son...
Cruyff: "Victory is not enough, there also needs to be beautiful football."

Offline Redman0151

• Stills and Nash Warloch
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #23 on: February 18, 2013, 06:21:17 pm »

Nah if I remember right word was that Paul wanted Tom to come here quite a lot, no way would he make his son stay at Blackpool if he wanted to move on.

Isn't Paul also his sons agent? Isn't that a conflict of interests?
"I would say we certainly have the resources to compete with anybody in football." Tom Werner 12/04/2012

Offline Malaysian Kopite

• Feels shivers when he looks a Trquarista's...
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #24 on: February 18, 2013, 06:36:21 pm »
How many here think that may be the reason why we didn't get Paul Ince? Tom must have known a month ago that something will happen at Blackpool and he advised his son...
:P
Football without fans is nothing.

We've won 18 titles, 5 European Cups, 7 FA Cups, but today must be the greatest victory of all.

Online farawayred

• Whizz For Atomms. Nucular boffin. A Mars A Day Helps Him Work, Rest And Play
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Oh yes, I'm a believer!
« Reply #25 on: February 18, 2013, 06:53:31 pm »
Cruyff: "Victory is not enough, there also needs to be beautiful football."

Offline gazzalfc

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Well done boys, Good Process
« Reply #26 on: February 18, 2013, 09:18:37 pm »

Offline evanz89

• Anny Roader
  • JFT96
« Reply #27 on: February 18, 2013, 10:48:02 pm »

Haha, thats class. Not seen that before, I honestly don't know what he's done to deserve the job - I've not seen anything that would give me confidence if I was Blackpool fan. It does annoy me when they keep going on about lack of black managers in the game, it seems to crop up alot lately

Offline Fordy

• Κασσάνδρα. ITK (rubs bridge of nose knowingly)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #28 on: February 20, 2013, 07:58:29 pm »
Oysten was on Talkshite and basically said that they'll look at the Tom Ince situation in the summer and that was agreed with all.

For me he is hoping that Ince can fire them into the play offs and get promotion - and then sell Ince either way cause that would be worth more than what we our others offered in Jan.

Don't be shocked if the deal to resign Ince isn't already done.

Offline andymanlfc

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
Blackpool turn down Paul Ince's resignation
« Reply #29 on: June 28, 2013, 12:01:37 pm »
http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11728/8796551/Blackpool-turn-down-Paul-Ince-s-resignation-say-Sky-sources

Blackpool have turned down an offer of resignation from manager Paul Ince, according to Sky sources.

The former Manchester United and England midfielder, 45, took the reins at Bloomfield Road in February on a one-year rolling contract and saw them to a 15th-place finish in the Championship.

More to follow...

I'm guessing it's something to do with his son being sold.
"The club was great, the people were great and the people from Liverpool - the text messages, the phone calls, the emails, all the tweets I had on my Twitter account - it's unbelievable how much respect they showed me and it's also a bit emotional" - Dirk Kuyt

Offline GBF

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The only religion with a God that you can touch!
Re: Blackpool turn down Paul Ince's resignation
« Reply #30 on: June 28, 2013, 12:04:27 pm »
01111001 01101111 01110101 00100111 01101100 01101100 00100000 01101110 01100101 01110110 01100101 01110010 00100000 01110111 01100001 01101100 01101011 00100000 01100001 01101100 01101111 01101110 01100101

Offline tommy LFC

• Despite his sophistication, intelligence, wit, charm and extraordinary good looks, nobody wanted to give him one...
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • VAR is shite.
« Reply #31 on: June 28, 2013, 12:05:17 pm »
They are crazy to turn down his resignation.

Shite manager who plays shite football.
Let us never forget Rafael Benitez and what he did for us. A fighter full of guts and passion. A gentleman full of class and dignity. A football manager full of intelligence and pure genius. A Legend.
Adios Rafa, buena suerte.

Some people say I'm a dreamer...

Offline lorenzo23

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #32 on: June 28, 2013, 12:57:45 pm »
That teach him for not forcing them to accept are offer now no big club wants his son. :wave
Liverpool manager Rafael Benítez admitted after the match that the manner of his side's victory had stunned him and he stated: "My problem is that I don't have words to express the things that I feel at this moment"

Offline TheGOAT

• Gruff handbagger
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #33 on: June 28, 2013, 01:13:07 pm »
Quickly realised the Oystons are horrible c*nts who dont give a fuck about the club then?

Offline TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
« Reply #34 on: June 28, 2013, 01:23:48 pm »
Denied by both club and manager (on and off the record)
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline cornishscouser92

• Legacy Fan
Paul Ince sacked... Again!
« Reply #35 on: January 21, 2014, 04:32:00 pm »
After not winning a game since the 30th of November, Ince has been sacked by Blackpool

http://bbc.in/1aGB4ni
You miss 100% of the shots you don't take.

Offline Yozza1

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Paul Ince sacked... Again!
« Reply #36 on: January 21, 2014, 04:33:26 pm »
one can only imagine Thomas will soon follow him now then

Offline Mad Max

• Propa bad Wool. tried it just for once found it all right for kicks. but now you found out that it's a habit that sticks.
  • Boys Pen
« Reply #37 on: January 21, 2014, 04:34:49 pm »
one can only imagine Thomas will soon follow him now then

A return to us?

Offline redtel

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Sir Roger-Scored first goal ever on MOTD.
« Reply #38 on: January 21, 2014, 04:42:01 pm »
Tom was driven to London last Thursday by his dad to have talks with Monaco.

He is out of contract this summer I believe.
We are definitely believers and we’ve won the fucking lot!

Offline Phil M

• YNWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bravery is believing in yourself" Rafael Benitez
    • I coulda been a contenda.....
« Reply #39 on: January 21, 2014, 04:54:24 pm »
Tom was driven to London last Thursday by his dad to have talks with Monaco.

He is out of contract this summer I believe.

Source?
It's true to say that if Shankly had told us to invade Poland we'd be queuing up 10 deep all the way from Anfield to the Pier Head.