Author Topic: Ownership Information (factual, not discussion/speculation)  (Read 23435 times)

Offline Zeb

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice.
Just for info and reference. Additions, clarifications, revisions and smarties welcomed with open arms. Please don't spam with speculation, denunciations, acclamations or general poop.

How are we owned?

Fenway Sports Group (NESV I, Delaware registered company)

own (directly? via other holding companies?)

UKSV I LLC (Delaware registered company)

own

UKSV Holdings Company Ltd

own

The Liverpool Football Club and Athletic Grounds Ltd ('the club')

Who owns us?

Under Premiership rules, shareholders who own more than 10% of the club must be disclosed. Currently (27th May 2012) the only shareholder who meets this requirement is John Henry himself. Outside of the FSG investors, the basketball player LeBron James was reported to have been given a small stake in Liverpool itself (presumably in one of the holding companies?) as part of his marketing deal with FSG's marketing arm FSM (formerly called FSG when FSG was NESV - enjoy the acronyms). Reports specifically avoided mentioning him as taking a stake in FSG, for what little worth such reports have. Shelovesyou also points out that, as well as James himself, his business partner Maverick Carter also has a stake in Liverpool itself (FSM press release). Presumably this is held by their joint venture LRMR Marketing & Branding?

Known FSG investors

John Henry
Thomas Werner
Theodore Alfond
William Alfond
Thomas R. DiBenedetto
Michael Egan
David Ginsberg
Michael Gordon
John A. Kaneb
Seth Klarman
Larry Lucchino
Henry F. McCance
Arthur E. Nicholas
Frank Resnek
Martin Trust
Jeffrey Vinik
Herb Wagner
Phillip H. Morse

(source: partners listed in the Red Sox front office minus NYT)

What FSG own

People of Direct Interest

Directors of UKSV Holdings Company Ltd.

E. Weiss - Presumably Edward J. Weiss, General Counsel to FSG

D.Ginsberg - Presumably David Ginsberg. Bio here. On the left here, with Michael Gordon on the right:

Directors of Liverpool Football Club and Athletic Grounds

P. Nash - Philip Nash. Chief Financial Officer, promoted to board after Hicks Jnr. stepped down following his invitation to a supporter to engage in fellatio with him.

I. Ayre - Ian Ayre. Managing Director, formerly the Commercial Director. Now with additional powers according to interviews he's given with the Echo

J. Henry - John Henry.

T. Werner - Tom Werner.

D. Ginsberg - David Ginsberg. Bio.

J. Vinik - Jeffrey Vinik. FSG investor, very successful hedge fund manager, owner of the Tampa Bay Lightning ice hockey team, chairman of Vinik Asset Management. Short bio. More in-depth, if old, piece.

M. Gordon - Michael Gordon. FSG investor, president and a partner in Vinik Asset Management who, with Jeffrey Vinik, appeared fairly frequently in Wall Street's Highest Earners charts. Reports occasionally label him Vinik's 'money management partner'.
« Last Edit: May 29, 2012, 12:35:46 am by Zeb »
"And the voices of the standing Kop still whispering in the wind will salute the wee Scots redman and he will still walk on.
And your money will have bought you nothing."

Offline filthy1980

• tax dodger
  • Kopite
  • conspiracy shite
Re: Ownership Information (factual, not discussion/speculation)
« Reply #1 on: May 28, 2012, 06:24:50 am »
excellent work sir

Offline babraham

• blincoln. Likes to have man crushes cos he's so pretty, oh so pretty (vacant).
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2 on: May 28, 2012, 09:03:10 am »
Cheers mate! Very good!
The imbecile formerly known as babraham. But now called babraham again! Though still an imbecile. Sadly.

Klopp: "We have to change from doubters to believers...NOW"

Offline Acaustiq

• Statistically the biggest dick waver and has quotes to prove it. Bitter revisionist.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Finally, Danone Actimel cured him.
« Reply #3 on: May 30, 2012, 03:00:01 am »
Seth Klarman

Author of the classic investment guide 'Margin of Safety' which now regularly sells for a hefty chunk of change on eBay and Amazon.

Runs the 5th largest hedge fund in the US, the Baupost Group which has returned 19% annually since it's creation in 1982.

Currently involved in a battle to turn Ontario into a granite mine.

When your Mum used to pick you up from school and you'd run out and be like 'Mummy I got 9/10 in the spelling test today', would she go 'phenomenal, son'.

Cos if she did she's a stupid fuck.

Offline No666

• Married to Macca.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4 on: February 6, 2013, 10:11:23 am »
Vinik has stepped down.

In a statement, the club said: "We can confirm that Jeff Vinik has decided to step down as a board member of Liverpool FC, due to a desire to focus on his investment management and sporting interests.
"We would like to thank Jeff for his valuable contribution and wish him well for the future."
« Last Edit: February 6, 2013, 10:13:20 am by No666 »

Offline Zeb

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice.
« Reply #5 on: February 28, 2013, 07:45:42 am »
Nash is due to stand down this month too, unless something's changed from December? Board of directors for the club itself, absent internal promotions or new faces, will be:

J. Henry (Principal Owner)
T. Werner (Chairman)
D. Ginsberg (Vice-Chairman)
I. Ayre (Managing Director)
M. Gordon
"And the voices of the standing Kop still whispering in the wind will salute the wee Scots redman and he will still walk on.

Online Eeyore

• "I have no problem whatsoever stating that FSG have done a good job.".Mo Money, Mo Problems to invent. Number 1 is Carragher. Number 2 is Carragher. Number 3 is Carragher. Number 4 is Carragher. Likes to play God in his spare time.
  • Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT 97
« Reply #6 on: March 7, 2013, 07:49:50 pm »
Nash is due to stand down this month too, unless something's changed from December? Board of directors for the club itself, absent internal promotions or new faces, will be:

J. Henry (Principal Owner)
T. Werner (Chairman)
D. Ginsberg (Vice-Chairman)
I. Ayre (Managing Director)
M. Gordon

Nash stood down at the start of the week.

Current Appointments

Number of current appointments: 6   

SECRETARY:   WIGNALL, NATALIE ELIZABETH MS   

Appointed:   22/03/2011   

Nationality:   NATIONALITY UNKNOWN   

No. of Appointments:   1   

Address:   ANFIELD ROAD   

LIVERPOOL   

MERSEYSIDE   

L4 0TH   

DIRECTOR:   AYRE, IAN MR   

Appointed:   17/12/2009   Date of Birth: 17/04/1963      
Nationality:   BRITISH   

No. of Appointments:   17   

LIVERPOOL   

MERSEYSIDE   

L4 0TH   

Country/State of Residence:   UNITED KINGDOM   

DIRECTOR:   GINSBERG, DAVID IRA MR   

Appointed:   15/10/2010   Date of Birth: 23/03/1955      
Nationality:   UNITED STATES   

No. of Appointments:   5   

LIVERPOOL   

MERSEYSIDE   

L4 0TH   

Country/State of Residence:   MASSACHUSETTS, UNITED STATES   

DIRECTOR:   GORDON, MICHAEL MR   

Appointed:   15/10/2010   Date of Birth: 11/11/1964      
Nationality:   AMERICAN   

No. of Appointments:   3   

LIVERPOOL   

MERSEYSIDE   

L4 0TH   

Country/State of Residence:   USA   

DIRECTOR:   HENRY, JOHN MR   

Appointed:   15/10/2010   Date of Birth: 13/09/1949      

LIVERPOOL   

MERSEYSIDE   

L4 0TH   

DIRECTOR:   WERNER, THOMAS MR   

Appointed:   15/10/2010   Date of Birth: 12/04/1950      

LIVERPOOL   

MERSEYSIDE   

L4 0TH   

This Report excludes resignations   

Recent Filing History

Documents filed since 07/10/2011   

DATE   FORM   DESCRIPTION      
05/03/2013   AA    FULL ACCOUNTS MADE UP TO 31/05/12      
04/03/2013   TM01    APPOINTMENT TERMINATED, DIRECTOR PHILIP NASH   
"Ohhh-kayyy"

Offline Zeb

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice.
« Reply #7 on: March 9, 2013, 09:03:07 am »
Nash stood down at the start of the week.

Cheers Al.

Offline Zeb

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice.
« Reply #8 on: October 5, 2013, 12:58:17 pm »
Mike Egan (son of EMC founder Richard) is now on the board - joined 1st July 2013. Another FSG partner. Other stuff could be said too.
« Last Edit: October 5, 2013, 01:27:20 pm by Zeb »

Offline No666

• Married to Macca.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9 on: February 19, 2014, 05:53:05 pm »
From the main board, someone else's spot - interesting:

The other owner: How Mike Gordon has become a key Red Sox figure
by: Alex Speier on Wed, 02/19/2014 - 7:06am

FORT MYERS, Fla. -- For years, the mention of "Red Sox ownership" has had a well-defined meaning. The involvement of "the owners" in the team's processes meant the inclusion of three individuals: principal owner John Henry, chairman Tom Werner and CEO/president Larry Lucchino.

A name has been added to the list.

Over the last 18 months or so, limited partner Michael Gordon has emerged as an increasingly important figure in the affairs of both Fenway Sports Group and the Red Sox. According to multiple industry sources, when The New York Times sold its 17.5 percent ownership stake in FSG (and the Red Sox) in three separate transactions (each to multiple investors) totaling $210 million from July 2011 through May 2012, Gordon -- one of the team's limited partners since Henry became principal owner in 2002 -- emerged as the second-largest shareholder in Fenway Sports Group and the Red Sox, with a larger stake than Werner. Only Henry owns a larger share of the Red Sox and FSG.

Gordon does not have a title in the Red Sox organization, nor does he have an office at Fenway Park. But he has become a significant voice in all of the FSG holdings, including the Red Sox and (particularly) Liverpool Football Club. While he is in many ways the member of the ownership group who is most directly responsible for the day-to-day activities of the soccer team, Gordon has seen a steady growth of his involvement in both the business and baseball operations of the Red Sox.

So who is he?

Start with this: His first employer with baseball was current Major League Baseball commissioner Bud Selig.

Gordon, who is in his late 40s and lives in Brookline with his wife and four children, grew up in Milwaukee. His family is very close with Selig (who was the owner of the Brewers during Gordon's upbringing), with a friendship that played a role in Gordon's employment as a teenager.

"I look upon Mike as I look upon a member of my own family," Selig said by phone. "I'm the guy who gave Mike Gordon his first job in baseball. … I put Mike to work in County Stadium many years ago. I think he was selling popcorn if my memory serves me correctly.

"He always grew up with the game. His family did. There's no question Mike did. I have great respect for Mike. He's really one of the finest young men I've ever known. I really mean that. I'm a great fan of his in a lot of ways."

Selig suggested that Gordon ended up attending Tufts for college in no small part because Selig's daughter, Wendy Selig-Prieb, had gone there first. ("She sort of talked Mike into going there," said Selig.)

After he graduated from college, Gordon entered the financial sector and enjoyed tremendous success as an investor, most notably as the manager of Fidelity's Blue Chip Growth Fund in the 1990s and, beginning in 1996, as a co-founder and managing partner of Vinik Asset Management. He became, by multiple accounts, extremely wealthy, with one Forbes report pegging his earnings in 2000 alone as $66 million. That, in turn, positioned him -- along with Jeffrey Vinik, now the owner of the NHL's Tampa Bay Lightning -- to become one of the Sox' limited partners at the time of the ownership transfer from the Yawkey Trust to Henry's group.

Selig said that he enthusiastically encouraged Gordon to join the Sox as a limited partner at the time of the ownership transfer.

"Of course I did," Selig said. "And I'm grateful that I did."

For years, the title of "limited partner" was an accurate depiction of Gordon's role in the organization and, for that matter his personality. Gordon -- who politely declined to be interviewed -- is described by Henry as "probably our most private partner, so he is virtually unknown." Those who do work with him describe an unassuming individual who is content to work behind the scenes and to avoid status as a public figure.

He typically offers advice and feedback when asked -- he's characterized as a valued sounding board for strategic decisions in the Sox organization and FSG -- but does not cross lines if his input is not sought, and is mindful of what he does not know. Those who have worked with him characterize Gordon as exceptionally bright, thoughtful and kind, capable of boiling down complex decisions in a very clear fashion that lends itself to sensible long-term strategic thinking.

So what does he do?

"Mike is well known among professional investors as being one of the brightest financial minds in the country," Henry wrote in an email. "So he is involved in virtually all of our important financial discussions and decisions."

"Mike has been a partner of FSG since the beginning, since the inception of the ownership group," added Sox COO Sam Kennedy. "He's been an extremely valuable resource to John and Tom in their stewardship of Fenway Sports Group. As we've grown over our 12 years together, he's been a very valuable resource to those guys in all of the Fenway Sports Group businesses: Red Sox, NESN, Roush Fenway, Liverpool, Fenway Sports Management. [Henry and Werner] work closely with a lot of the limited partners. Mike is one of those partners that John and Tom work very closely with."

But despite the fact that his input was valued, for most of his first decade of involvement in the Sox, Gordon's work with Vinik dominated his business energies. He operated in the same very limited capacity as most of the team's other limited partners, attending quarterly meetings but without a regular connection to the operations of the team.

But in the fall of 2010, the first hints of a growing role emerged when he joined the board of directors for Liverpool. As the member of the ownership group with the most grounding in soccer, Gordon quickly became a critical figure in the daily running of LFC.

"He is, by far, FSG America’s most knowledgeable person with regard to soccer and is involved on the football side daily in constant communication with the members of our football committee and our manager," Henry wrote. "He took a lead role just about the same time as we brought in Brendan Rodgers [who became manager of Liverpool in June 2012]. All of us give him a lot of credit for Liverpool’s improvement over the past 18 months."

Meaning?

"He runs Liverpool," one industry source said. "He's the point person [among FSG owners] for the people in Liverpool. If it wasn't for him, it wouldn't function."

Gordon elected to buy a sizable chunk of The New York Times in 2011 at a time not only when FSG had added Liverpool to its assets but also when he and Vinik were beginning to shift their attention to pursuits beyond their investment firm, permitting more time for both he and Vinik to become involved in the running of sports franchises. Vinik Asset Management closed last year, returning an estimated $6 billion of its clients' money, and Gordon is enjoying retirement.

That, in turn, has given him more free time to work on other projects. Gordon quickly became the member of the FSG ownership group who dealt on a day-to-day basis with Ian Ayre, Lucchino's equivalent in Liverpool, discussing issues including team resources for player transfers and the complex questions surrounding the renovation and expansion of Anfield, the team's stadium. During the time of his increased involvement, Liverpool has enjoyed considerable progress in both its on-field success (after dismal finishes in the previous three seasons, Liverpool currently is in fourth -- in position for a Champions League playoff berth -- with three months to go in the 2013-14 season) while seeing its overall operation improve considerably.

His impact on Liverpool, in turn, has led to what several sources describe as an increased role in the Red Sox, characterized as part of the governing group (along with Henry, Werner and Lucchino) that is involved in the day-to-day operations of the Red Sox. At this point, Gordon is described as being more involved with broader decisions -- for instance, the nature of the team's commitment to player development and the long term -- than at the level of specific player transactions, but his involvement is real.

Henry described Gordon as FSG's "most generous partner -- devoting significant time and energy in the community for individuals and some of the most important charitable organizations in our community." But his role in the team's baseball and business operations has also become significant, to the point where it has gained visibility in a couple of respects.

First, Red Sox GM Ben Cherington, in accepting an award of the Major League Executive of the Year from the Boston chapter of the BBWAA, cited Gordon alongside Henry, Werner and Lucchino for his committed support. Secondly, Gordon has begun attending meetings of MLB owners, a visibility that would have been unlikely two years ago.

His day-to-day impact on the Red Sox is somewhat difficult to classify. But at a time when the organization has enjoyed a striking 360-degree pivot, Gordon has emerged as an intriguing behind-the-scenes contributor to its successes.

"He's a wonderful young man who will always represent the Red Sox extraordinarily well," said Selig. "He loves the game. I think he has great respect for the game. He's just what you want. The Red Sox, in my opinion -- and I like the Red Sox ownership a great deal -- they're lucky to have Mike. No question about it."

http://m.weei.com/sports/boston/baseball/red-sox/alex-speier/2014/02/19/other-owner-how-mike-gordon-has-become-key-red

Copyright © 2014 Entercom Boston, LLC All Rights Reserved.

Offline HarryLabrador

• went broke, so had to get the retrievers in.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #10 on: March 3, 2016, 05:06:29 pm »
This is news to me. I had no idea there was still a court case on-going.

George Gillett is still paying £125,000 a month in Liverpool FC debt repayments

12:37, 2 MAR 2016  UPDATED 15:51, 2 MAR 2016
BY DAVID BARTLETT

Massive court case over the sale of Liverpool FC to Fenway Sports Group still rumbling on in the USA
The sensational revelation was made in documents to the Supreme Court in New York where Gillett and Royal Bank of Scotland are being sued by Mill Financial, a company that lent the businessman $70m (£50m).

Mill Financial want a payout from Gillett and RBS after their last ditch effort to buy LFC in October 2010 failed.

Boston-based New England Sports Ventures, now called Fenway Sports Group, won the race to buy the Reds for £295m following a very public court case forced by RBS after Gillett and fellow owner Tom Hicks were unable to pay back a £280m debt secured against LFC.

Some 627 legal documents have been lodged with the court in the mammoth case, which has been running for five years and racked up millions of dollars in costs.

The case is being overseen by judge Eileen Bransten in the Commercial Division of New York’s Supreme Court.

Gillett, club chief executive Ian Ayre, and a representative of FSG (lawyer Edward Weiss) have all had to give evidence under oath to lawyers in the long-running case.

It has seen lawyers in London and New York argue over the finer points of international finance law. While financial experts have also given evidence of how a football club should be valued.

Mill claims “secret letters” and “clandestine activities” on behalf of RBS led to it incurring “substantial damages”.

The company is also targeting Gillett after he failed to repay a $70m loan he received from the Virginia-based firm in January, 2008 so he could meet RBS repayments. The legal papers claim Mill Financial were pledged 50% “membership interest in LFC” as a result of that investment.

However, RBS have asked the judge to throw out the case on the basis that Mill has not suffered any financial loss from the sale of the club.

In RBS’s application the bank reveals that Gillett has been paying back $175,000-a-month (£125,000). He has so far paid back $33m.

Mill borrowed the $70m it lent Gillett from a bank called Wachovia, and has so far paid $23m back to Wachovia - leaving Mill with $10m.

Mill has a “forbearance agreement” with Wachovia, which means the bank is not chasing the company for the cash.

RBS’s lawyers argue in a letter to Judge Bransten: “Mill continues to receive $175,000 per month from a Gillett entity, and Mill has collected over $33 million on its $70 million loan while paying Wachovia only $23 million.

“The undisputed fact — that Mill has no out of pocket losses — mandates dismissal of the complaint
“In short, Mill’s entire complaint is premised on the theory that lack of notice of the sale process enhanced RBS’s security position to Mill’s detriment.

“The undisputed facts are to the contrary: RBS was the secured party with absolute priority in the collateral, Mill had actual contemporaneous notice and legal advice from its counsel on the April Agreements, and Mill advised the Club’s Board that it favored the sale process. Mill has suffered no damage...”

Mill claimed it vowed to bid £20m above any other price for the Reds, up to a ceiling of £385m.

But RBS say Mill’s draft bid was only for £100m, and was a paying down of the debt not a full offer to buy out the club.

Even when Judge Bransten has been able to make a decision in this long-running case, it may continue with the loser appealing.

One section of their claim read: “Had Mill Financial taken over as the sole creditor, or had it substantially paid down RBS’s outstanding debt, Mill Financial would have worked with the owners to determine the best course of action to obtain repayment of its debt, including selling LFC at a time when the price for the team was not depressed by a distressed sale environment.

“Mill Financial also would have been in a position to acquire LFC for a price in excess of its outstanding debt, plus the amount of its $70m loan to Gillett Football.

“This would have allowed Mill Financial to eliminate the risk of a default on the Gillett Football loan while becoming the owner of one of the world’s most valuable sports teams.”

The papers claim a meeting between Mill Financial, then- Reds chairman Martin Broughton and an RBS representative on September 24, 2010, was rescheduled to October 7, while unknown to them a meeting took place on October 5 for a vote to accept an offer by NESV to buy Liverpool.

It said: “Just hours before the board meeting, Mill Financial received a call from the investment bank retained by the board, encouraging Mill Financial to submit a revised bid due to purported new developments.

“Separately, Mill Financial received a call at 3.30am from the investment bank retained at RBS’s insistence, stating that the board would be meeting the next day, and invited Mill Financial to submit any further materials in connection with its bid to purchase LFC.

“When Mill Financial’s counsel protested that they had been given this notice at 3.30am, with only six hours to spare before the board meeting, LFC’s counsel responded that ‘he was not responsible for [your] client’s nocturnal habits’.”

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/news/liverpool-news/george-gillett-still-paying-125000-10977659
« Last Edit: March 3, 2016, 05:08:05 pm by HarryLabrador »
SoS Membership Number: 387

Online Hij

• Literally Custom-titlely neglected for literally over a decade, Ruud.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice for Anne Williams. Justice for the 97.
    • Grime Forum
« Reply #11 on: March 3, 2016, 07:14:37 pm »
Couldn't have happened to a nicer lad.
Justice for Anne Williams. Justice for the 97. Justice for the Survivors.

Istanbul 2005. Athens 2007. Basel 2016. Kiev 2018. Madrid 2019. Paris 2022.

Online Wabaloolah

• Rocks to the East, Rocks to the West. Definitely Unscotch.
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Allez Allez Allez
    • My Twitter Account
« Reply #12 on: March 7, 2016, 04:52:06 pm »
FSG aren't perfect by any means but when you think back to where the club was in 2010 itcan't be underestimated how close we came to going into administration with these two loan sharks at the helm.  Mills Financial would have been like stepping out of the frying pan straight into the fire
However if something serious happens to them I will eat my own cock.

If anyone is going to put a few fingers deep into my arse it's going to be me.

Offline royhendo

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #13 on: February 5, 2021, 02:16:06 pm »
Some nuggets in here from Simon Hughes.

Looks like we came close to significant minority investment from the Billy Beane-led group, not because we needed the finance, but because they're so keen to work with him at some point.

https://theathletic.co.uk/2367697/2021/02/05/fenway-sports-group-liverpool/
"Word of the day is 'philodox' (17th century): one who is in love with their own opinion, and who consequently believes that everyone else should share it."  @susie_dent on twitter - https://twitter.com/susie_dent/status/1419683653844668422

Online Eeyore

• "I have no problem whatsoever stating that FSG have done a good job.".Mo Money, Mo Problems to invent. Number 1 is Carragher. Number 2 is Carragher. Number 3 is Carragher. Number 4 is Carragher. Likes to play God in his spare time.
  • Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT 97
« Reply #14 on: February 6, 2021, 10:31:48 am »
Some nuggets in here from Simon Hughes.

Looks like we came close to significant minority investment from the Billy Beane-led group, not because we needed the finance, but because they're so keen to work with him at some point.

https://theathletic.co.uk/2367697/2021/02/05/fenway-sports-group-liverpool/

Yeh I read that Roy.

I think this indicates how long Henry has been chasing Beane.

https://www.nbcsports.com/bayarea/athletics/beane-i-never-regretted-spurning-red-sox-staying

It's been 15 years since Billy Beane made a decision that shocked the baseball world and altered the course for two franchise.

In 2002, with the Red Sox trying to lure Beane away from the A's, the GM turned down a five-year, $12.5 million deal to stay in Oakland.

Since then, Boston has won three World Series titles while the A's have five division titles, but no World Series appearances.

So does Beane, now the executive vice president of baseball operations, have any regrets about the decision he made in the winter of 2002?

“It turned out pretty well for the Red Sox and I have had a great run here and have enjoyed it here a great deal. We’ve had our challenges, mostly stadium related, but we’ve had our successes and failures, but I never regretted the decision I made," Beane told The Boston Globe's

Beane went on to explain that part of decision to stay in Oakland was to remain close to his then-teenage daughter.

“I can’t believe it’s been 15 years. Looking back, I knew what I was turning down. I had known John [Henry] even before that meeting and thought the world of him and Tom [Werner]. Look at what happened. Turning it down meant that Theo Epstein was in charge. And we know the rest of the story. I knew that the Red Sox, with John and Tom and Larry [Lucchino] were the best. They had built the best organization in the game and they had this bright young man in Theo who had great ideas of how to build a baseball organization. So no regrets. I got to build our organization with the help of some great people, and foremost for me, I got to watch my daughter grow up. She’s 27 now, but I was there and I didn’t miss a thing,” Beane said.

In October of 2015, after 18 seasons as the general manager of the A's, he turned the reigns over to David Forst and assumed his current role.
"Ohhh-kayyy"

Online Eeyore

• Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT 97
« Reply #15 on: March 16, 2021, 11:28:38 pm »
A couple of interesting articles from the Boston Globe owned and run by the Henry family.

RedBird will become the 3rd biggest partner in FSG. Behind Henry, Werner and slightly above Gordon.

FSG is fluid but currently Henry, Werner and Gordon currently own 10%+ each.

The other is that Seth Klarman a partner in FSG made a significant investment in the RedBall failed SPAC.

« Last Edit: March 17, 2021, 12:51:07 am by Al 666 »
"Ohhh-kayyy"

Online Eeyore

• Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT 97
« Reply #16 on: April 1, 2021, 04:29:54 pm »
FSG partners.

Theodore Alfond
William Alfond
Maverick Carter
Thomas R. DiBenedetto
Michael Egan
Patrick Egan
David Ginsberg
Mike Gordon
John W. Henry
Linda Pizzuti Henry