Author Topic: The GAA Thread  (Read 633548 times)

Offline KERRYKOP

• KerryKop - Fiendish Bunny Slayer, Enemy Of The Lapine Race and founder of the Benitez band. Mugs old ladies for their kindles. Grindr fiend.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • RIP Páidí Ó Sé
Re: GAA Thread 2012
« Reply #200 on: March 2, 2012, 11:20:13 pm »
Bottlers ;)

Kerry in that time have played in 15 finals. Iv been to 11 of them, missed last year because I was out of the country.

Won, 84, 85, 86, 97, 00, 04, 06, 07, 09

Drew 00

Lost 82, 03, 05, 08, 11

Mad to think we didn't play in a final for 11 years.

Offline mactifosi

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #201 on: March 2, 2012, 11:48:57 pm »
Name the best 15 players (from either code) who you have seen live in the flesh

I've met the following a long time ago now ;D

Mikey Sheehy
Bomber Liston
Jack O'Shea
Pat Spillane

Ciaran Duff
Tommy Conroy
and a few more Dubs whose names I forget now.

Jimmy Barry Murphy was on the best players I have ever seen.
Joe Brolly another great one.

The aul' memory not as good as it used to be, I'll have to give this a think or get some google help  :-[

Would have to say my favorite match was the Dublin Cork replay in 83 when the Dubs gave Cork a good hiding.
Some wankers were throwing bricks at us, one landed right beside me, just missing me.

« Last Edit: March 2, 2012, 11:54:03 pm by mactifosi »

Offline KERRYKOP

• KerryKop - Fiendish Bunny Slayer, Enemy Of The Lapine Race and founder of the Benitez band. Mugs old ladies for their kindles. Grindr fiend.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • RIP Páidí Ó Sé
« Reply #202 on: March 3, 2012, 12:01:16 am »
Would have to say my favorite match was the Dublin Cork replay in 83 when the Dubs gave Cork a good hiding.
Some wankers were throwing bricks at us, one landed right beside me, just missing me.
Have heard from a few people there was a naughty tear up at that. Apparently it was a bunch of Cork skin heads who were knocking about at the time dishing out slaps. Its funny I made friends with an ex Cardiff City Soul Crew member on my travels last year who said a bunch of Cork City skin heads came over to Cardiff for a Uefa cup game in the 80's and in his own words gave them "a lot of bother" Surely it must be the same gang. GAA's only ever hooligan firm.

Offline Billy The Kid

• Out of the closet with a whiet shirt on, but would pay a fiver not to be gay...Would prefer to give his manliness to someone rather than receive theirs especially Amir in another life.
  • Legacy Fan
  • I'm Your Huckleberry
« Reply #203 on: March 9, 2012, 11:07:33 am »
Check this out. Some fucking shlap mon

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/626Pid4lpew&amp;sns=fb" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/626Pid4lpew&amp;sns=fb</a>
When overtaken by defeat, as you may be many times, remember than mans faith in his own ability is tested many times before he is crowned with final victory. Defeats are nothing more than challenges to keep trying.” – Napoleon Hill.

Offline KERRYKOP

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • RIP Páidí Ó Sé
« Reply #204 on: March 9, 2012, 11:10:19 am »
Will the CCCC be put on to this as well?

Some clatter though  :D

Offline Sarge

• Fine with being a Fucker. He's a lovable rouge
  • Legacy Fan
  • Boom!
« Reply #205 on: March 11, 2012, 02:12:12 pm »
Dublin v Cork on TG4 now. NHL.
Y.N.W.A.

Offline CorKopite

• a tool who can't spell
  • Legacy Fan
  • The house that Shanks built.
« Reply #206 on: March 11, 2012, 03:33:38 pm »
Final score Dubs 2-17 Cork 2-18

Good win from Cork, young inexperienced team but there were some very good performances. Lehane was brilliant again, has looked very good every time I've seen him. Sweetnam was very good when he came on aswell
Bill Shankly-"I know this is a sad occasion but I think that Dixie would be amazed that even in death he could draw a bigger crowd than Everton can on a Saturday afternoon"

Mitch Hedberg-"Dogs are forever in the push up position"

Offline Anywhichwayicant

• Clique member #2,367, #FakeNews. Banned Closet Bluenose. "Captain, I am sensing the bleeding obvious!"
  • Legacy Fan
  • I'm too moist and tender to retire.
« Reply #207 on: March 11, 2012, 03:34:59 pm »
Limerick Footballers only scored 1 goal against Kilkenny?

Not very good.

Offline Anywhichwayicant

• Clique member #2,367, #FakeNews. Banned Closet Bluenose. "Captain, I am sensing the bleeding obvious!"
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #208 on: March 11, 2012, 03:55:21 pm »
The Blaa's are being well and truly buttered.

Offline KERRYKOP

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • RIP Páidí Ó Sé
« Reply #209 on: March 11, 2012, 05:07:35 pm »
Just after coming back from Killarney and fairly pleased. Some lovely neat football from us today, Bryan Sheehan scoring 1-7 from the dead ball alone, Declan and Darren O'Sullivan failed to score yet we racked up 2-18 against a notoriously stubborn Donegal defence that had the beating of Cork last week. So after the victory Kerry sit on top of division 1 with a trip leeside next week. Bring it on.

Offline Learpholl

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #210 on: March 11, 2012, 07:01:04 pm »
Just after coming back from Killarney and fairly pleased. Some lovely neat football from us today, Bryan Sheehan scoring 1-7 from the dead ball alone, Declan and Darren O'Sullivan failed to score yet we racked up 2-18 against a notoriously stubborn Donegal defence that had the beating of Cork last week. So after the victory Kerry sit on top of division 1 with a trip leeside next week. Bring it on.

After just getting back from Croke Park, how did ye lose to Armagh? I know they'd a few players missing today but they were shocking.

Offline Billy The Kid

• Out of the closet with a whiet shirt on, but would pay a fiver not to be gay...Would prefer to give his manliness to someone rather than receive theirs especially Amir in another life.
  • Legacy Fan
  • I'm Your Huckleberry
« Reply #211 on: March 11, 2012, 07:10:39 pm »
Delighted with the hurlers result

We still have a long way to come though

At least there are signs of recover I suppose
When overtaken by defeat, as you may be many times, remember than mans faith in his own ability is tested many times before he is crowned with final victory. Defeats are nothing more than challenges to keep trying.” – Napoleon Hill.

Offline Anywhichwayicant

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #212 on: March 11, 2012, 07:24:14 pm »
Cork hurlers will be in the All Ireland final this year.

Offline Billy The Kid

• Legacy Fan
  • I'm Your Huckleberry
« Reply #213 on: March 11, 2012, 07:37:21 pm »
Cork hurlers will be in the All Ireland final this year.

I doubt it buds. We're still way down the pecking order. Semi finals at best for us, unless Jimmy Barry works a miracle between now and midsummer

Offline KERRYKOP

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • RIP Páidí Ó Sé
« Reply #214 on: March 11, 2012, 11:44:52 pm »
After just getting back from Croke Park, how did ye lose to Armagh? I know they'd a few players missing today but they were shocking.
A sight of a Kerry jersey to an Armagh team can make them do extraordinary things also we've dropped a few clangers in our opening home games in the league in recent years, we've won one in the last five, Mayo beating us twice if you can believe that. Its been unpredictable this year a Mayo team going well lost to Down today who were woeful against us last week. 

I hope that's enough excuses for you ;)

Offline didi

• A complete Klopp out
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #215 on: March 12, 2012, 08:45:27 am »
league is all about building up stamina for the championship

Offline Anywhichwayicant

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #216 on: March 12, 2012, 09:42:15 am »
It'll be the most one sided hurling championship in a while.

Offline KERRYKOP

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • RIP Páidí Ó Sé
« Reply #217 on: March 12, 2012, 09:58:15 am »
Not a lot of faith in Galway and Tipp? Iv thought that before when Kerry have cruised through the league unbeaten and all the way to the All Ireland only to be undone because of a lack of any decent test. If you haven't been tested its very difficult nigh on impossible to sort out any chink in the armour that may show up. You may say Kilkenny have no weaknesses, but being too sure of yourselves could be your undoing as well, look at the way we tipped around the ball in the closing minutes of the final last year, lesson learned my friend. 

Offline PanchDeBurca

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #218 on: March 12, 2012, 10:01:44 am »

Huge amount of work to be done on the Tipp team - really miss the goal threat of Lar - that'll be hard to replace

however an All Ireland was never won in Feb or March - there is a long long time for teams to hit form.  We have a tough Munster campaign ahead and that could be the making of us

Offline KERRYKOP

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • RIP Páidí Ó Sé
« Reply #219 on: March 12, 2012, 10:09:46 am »
Huge amount of work to be done on the Tipp team - really miss the goal threat of Lar - that'll be hard to replace
Because you have your finger on the the pulse, what are the likelihoods of a return of Lar and the likes of Cha Fitzpatrick and Eddie Brennan? Especially Cha he's the same and age me and I still thunder the ground like a God :P

Offline Anywhichwayicant

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #220 on: March 12, 2012, 10:25:41 am »
That's the thing, usually Kilkenny look quite rusty in the League, this year seems to be different, very sharp and playing some gorgeous hurling. We are only two games into the league, so we'll see how the rest of it pans out.

Offline Purdy

• Legacy Fan
  • Gobble gobble turkey
« Reply #221 on: March 17, 2012, 11:34:26 am »
Anyone know where a friend in the UK could watch the Club final today?

Offline KERRYKOP

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • RIP Páidí Ó Sé
« Reply #222 on: March 17, 2012, 12:02:53 pm »
Rugby or Club finals? Do one buggers this day is all about GAA

Offline Billy The Kid

• Legacy Fan
  • I'm Your Huckleberry
« Reply #223 on: March 17, 2012, 12:08:25 pm »
Rugby is for gayers

Offline KERRYKOP

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • RIP Páidí Ó Sé
« Reply #224 on: March 17, 2012, 12:23:38 pm »
I have started developing an irrational dislike of rugby in the last few years, really the majority of people who support or play it are a gang of twats. Collar up band wagoning social climber brigade, its fucking pathetic.

Offline Purdy

• Legacy Fan
  • Gobble gobble turkey
« Reply #225 on: March 17, 2012, 12:29:00 pm »
Rugby or Club finals? Do one buggers this day is all about GAA

Club final is part of GAA, no?

Offline KERRYKOP

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • RIP Páidí Ó Sé
« Reply #226 on: March 17, 2012, 12:36:43 pm »
Club final is part of GAA, no?
Yes it is, I think you've misunderstood me.

Offline Purdy

• Legacy Fan
  • Gobble gobble turkey
« Reply #227 on: March 17, 2012, 12:44:07 pm »
Yes it is, I think you've misunderstood me.

Do explain I'm sure I'm being thick.

Also taking it you don't know the answer to my original question regardless how you feel about them :p

Offline KERRYKOP

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • RIP Páidí Ó Sé
« Reply #228 on: March 17, 2012, 12:48:37 pm »
OK, was having a go at Rugby for being shit and saying today is a GAA day because of the club finals.

You got it now :)

Offline Purdy

• Legacy Fan
  • Gobble gobble turkey
« Reply #229 on: March 17, 2012, 12:52:20 pm »
OK, was having a go at Rugby for being shit and saying today is a GAA day because of the club finals.

You got it now :)

Deary me I'm fucking thick.

Offline KERRYKOP

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • RIP Páidí Ó Sé
« Reply #230 on: March 17, 2012, 12:53:53 pm »

Offline Purdy

• Legacy Fan
  • Gobble gobble turkey
« Reply #231 on: March 17, 2012, 01:02:53 pm »
If we play like we did in the semi and don't concede awful goals again we have a real chance, that requires about 15 points from Liam Watson though, still can't believe how we monumentally shat on them in extra time, thought the heads would drop.

Offline Lebron

• Anny Roader
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #232 on: March 17, 2012, 01:30:44 pm »
Any links?

Offline Sarge

• Legacy Fan
  • Boom!
« Reply #233 on: March 17, 2012, 02:17:07 pm »
Deary me I'm fucking thick.

Yep, that would be the general consensus.
Y.N.W.A.

Offline Sarge

• Legacy Fan
  • Boom!
« Reply #234 on: March 17, 2012, 02:31:19 pm »
Jesus this is over already?
Y.N.W.A.

Offline Purdy

• Legacy Fan
  • Gobble gobble turkey
« Reply #235 on: March 17, 2012, 02:32:19 pm »
Jesus this is over already?

Not a chance, Liam Watson though, Big Fucking Game Player

Offline KERRYKOP

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • RIP Páidí Ó Sé
« Reply #236 on: March 17, 2012, 02:32:24 pm »
Absolute goal fest, the Football could go the same way.
Not a chance, Liam Watson though, Big Fucking Game Player
Quality, pity this is the biggest game he'll be ever in!

Offline wardides

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • A FUCKING BEACH BALL
« Reply #237 on: March 17, 2012, 02:35:05 pm »
I have started developing an irrational dislike of rugby in the last few years, really the majority of people who support or play it are a gang of twats. Collar up band wagoning social climber brigade, its fucking pathetic.

The bandwagon jumping when the 6 nations is on is cringe worthy.
Bet 1, Lyon v B Munich...No Hat Trick @ 1.03.
Little does he know, he's left the Beatles and joined fucking Razorlight.

Offline Purdy

• Legacy Fan
  • Gobble gobble turkey
« Reply #238 on: March 17, 2012, 02:36:08 pm »
Pity? It's fucking massive for him, fuck Antrim, run by a bunch of biggots and fucked up their chance years ago.

Would love to see him in a top county team, also DD in nets, like fucking xavi with a hurling ball with how cool he is on it

Offline KERRYKOP

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • RIP Páidí Ó Sé
« Reply #239 on: March 17, 2012, 02:39:18 pm »
Pity? It's fucking massive for him, fuck Antrim, run by a bunch of biggots and fucked up their chance years ago.
What happened here?